Remember me
▼ Content

Taxes

Page 1 of 212>
Taxes13-02-2021 02:24
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14411)
I just did my taxes. Now I know how Swan feels when his slavemasters bend him over furniture and ream him.

Several things changed this year for me and I'm not complaining about the good things ... but our government sucks way too much money out of We the People.

High taxes are the root cause of Global Warming and of Climate Change. End the high taxes and you eliminate mankind's existential threat and all the fear-mongering that accompanies them. Guaranteed.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
Edited on 13-02-2021 02:26
13-02-2021 03:10
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5722)
IBdaMann wrote:
I just did my taxes. Now I know how Swan feels when his slavemasters bend him over furniture and ream him.

Several things changed this year for me and I'm not complaining about the good things ... but our government sucks way too much money out of We the People.

High taxes are the root cause of Global Warming and of Climate Change. End the high taxes and you eliminate mankind's existential threat and all the fear-mongering that accompanies them. Guaranteed.

Only the poor and stupid pay taxes
13-02-2021 03:15
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
High taxes, are the result of Global Warming. But, unlike the polar ice melting, extinction of polar bears and penguins, they are as real, as California wildfires. You ain't seen nothing yet... Lord Biden, hasn't even started taxing you for your carbon-sins. Repent, or be damned to parish in a fiery pit of despair. Those, of the 400k+ club, will be taxed, until the crumble to their knees, for their threat to the Utopian States of America.
13-02-2021 03:17
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2933)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

This goes for any payment, repair, replacement, investment...whatever.

You can pay for it ON the front end or IN the rear end.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
Edited on 13-02-2021 03:19
13-02-2021 03:24
(14411)
Swan wrote:Only the poor and stupid pay taxes

... and those who stay out of jail.

How do you buy things without the store collecting taxes from you?

13-02-2021 03:29
(5197)
IBdaMann wrote:

... and those who stay out of jail.

How do you buy things without the store collecting taxes from you?

He never claimed to be rich, or intelligent (obvious)...
13-02-2021 04:34
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5722)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

This goes for any payment, repair, replacement, investment...whatever.

You can pay for it ON the front end or IN the rear end.

Yawn
13-02-2021 06:30
(14411)
HarveyH55 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

... and those who stay out of jail. How do you buy things without the store collecting taxes from you?

LOL Correct, he never made any such claims LOL but he did Yawn LOL

Yawn.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
13-02-2021 15:09
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5722)
IBdaMann wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

... and those who stay out of jail. How do you buy things without the store collecting taxes from you?

Yawn.

Hopefully Alphabet gets broken up sooner than later
13-02-2021 16:07
(14411)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Yawn.

LOL Alphabets don't get broken up except under antitrust legislation LOL but they do get all broken up over failing relationships LOL

Yawn.

13-02-2021 16:20
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5722)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Yawn.

LOL Alphabets don't get broken up except under antitrust legislation LOL but they do get all broken up over failing relationships LOL

Yawn.

Yawn when Alphabet gets broken up I own all the new stocks

Yippy

13-02-2021 18:06
(5197)
Whatever happened to GameStop and AMC stocks? It was headlines news, before the Impeachment 2.0 trial. Did the RobinHood app traders make a killing, or just get killed by the professionals?
13-02-2021 21:37
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5722)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Whatever happened to GameStop and AMC stocks? It was headlines news, before the Impeachment 2.0 trial. Did the RobinHood app traders make a killing, or just get killed by the professionals?

WTF
14-02-2021 00:18
(5197)
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

WTF

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/doj-subpoenas-robinhood-others-in-gamestop-probe-report

Federal prosecutors and regulators are investigating whether market manipulation or other types of misconduct fueled the rapid rise last month in prices of stocks such as GameStop Corp. GME -0.39% and AMC Entertainment Holdings Inc., AMC -2.24% according to people familiar with the matter.

The Justice Department's fraud section and the San Francisco U.S. attorney's office have sought information about the activity from brokers and social-media companies that were hubs for the trading frenzy, the people said. Prosecutors have subpoenaed information from brokers such as Robinhood Markets Inc., the popular online brokerage that many individual investors used to trade GameStop and other shares, the people said.

GameStop shares surged from about $20 to $483 over a period of two weeks in January. The stock has since fallen to around $50. It was fueled by an army of bullish individual traders exhorting one another on Reddit to buy the shares and squeeze hedge funds that bet the price would fall. Traders who bet stock prices will decline are known as short sellers.

GameStop, is a business on it's way out, no chance of shifting to something else. Hedge fund guys were selling it short, and the RobinHood guys were moving the price up, screwing up the short sales. The article linked, goes into a little more detail. Google it, to see how it turned out. Basically, the app blocked sales of certain stocks, and the price dropped. Few people made money, many lost a great deal, lot of pissed off people.
14-02-2021 01:09
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21598)
HarveyH55 wrote:

Gamestop stock has returned to normal levels of trading (a bit higher than before this episode), the hedge fund company that tried this stunt lost a TON of money out of it since their timing forced them to buy the stock back at a much higher price; which was in the intent of the Reddit buyers.

The Robinhood app has now been completely discredited. Very few people are loading it anymore. There a few newbies that are still downloading it of course, but most traders are basically saying, "Why?".

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
14-02-2021 01:12
(21598)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

WTF

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/doj-subpoenas-robinhood-others-in-gamestop-probe-report

Federal prosecutors and regulators are investigating whether market manipulation or other types of misconduct fueled the rapid rise last month in prices of stocks such as GameStop Corp. GME -0.39% and AMC Entertainment Holdings Inc., AMC -2.24% according to people familiar with the matter.

The Justice Department's fraud section and the San Francisco U.S. attorney's office have sought information about the activity from brokers and social-media companies that were hubs for the trading frenzy, the people said. Prosecutors have subpoenaed information from brokers such as Robinhood Markets Inc., the popular online brokerage that many individual investors used to trade GameStop and other shares, the people said.

GameStop shares surged from about $20 to $483 over a period of two weeks in January. The stock has since fallen to around $50. It was fueled by an army of bullish individual traders exhorting one another on Reddit to buy the shares and squeeze hedge funds that bet the price would fall. Traders who bet stock prices will decline are known as short sellers.

GameStop, is a business on it's way out, no chance of shifting to something else. Hedge fund guys were selling it short, and the RobinHood guys were moving the price up, screwing up the short sales. The article linked, goes into a little more detail. Google it, to see how it turned out. Basically, the app blocked sales of certain stocks, and the price dropped. Few people made money, many lost a great deal, lot of pissed off people.

Gamestop is not "on the way out". Indeed, their business is booming more now, as people turn to video games to get through the lockdowns ordered by the Church of Covid.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
14-02-2021 01:41
(5197)
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

WTF

Gamestop is not "on the way out". Indeed, their business is booming more now, as people turn to video games to get through the lockdowns ordered by the Church of Covid.

But, unfortunately, they aren't buying them at GameStop... And it's been moving to online games, and downloads for a while. Little reason to buy physical copies. It's like video stores, and music stores, they aren't seeing the volume through the doors, that made them profitable. There will still be customers, but barely enough to keep the doors open.
14-02-2021 05:13
(21598)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

WTF

But, unfortunately, they aren't buying them at GameStop...

Actually, they are. I see customers in GameStop all the time...buying console, both used and new, buying games, both used and new, buying gaming collectables, both new and used, etc.
HarveyH55 wrote:
And it's been moving to online games, and downloads for a while.

Some games are downloadable, but that consumes more memory in your console.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Little reason to buy physical copies.

Sure there is. Physical copies are often the only way to obtain a game. They are also external memory that doesn't have to reside in the console's memory. They are also something you can put on another console, should the first one crap out, or is otherwise unavailable because it's in a different location.

GameStop sells more than just games. They sell replacement parts for console as well, accessories to extend the capabilities of the consoles, etc.

Are they the only supplier? No. Walmart also sells some games. So does Amazon. So does Target. GameStop's big specialty is that they also sell used games, and have a wider selection of games and accessories.
HarveyH55 wrote:
It's like video stores, and music stores, they aren't seeing the volume through the doors, that made them profitable. There will still be customers, but barely enough to keep the doors open.

Video stores still exist. You can still buy DVDs and Blueray discs through local chains, Walmart, Target, Amazon, etc, or through stores specializing in video such as our local ones here like Scarecrow video, or Reckless video. They are profitable.

Music stores still exist. You can buy instruments of all kinds from many stores, including those that specialize in it. They are profitable. Such things as guitars, violins, and keyboard instruments are popular. Such stores are THE best place to buy sheet music as well.

There are five record stores in the Seattle area, including some that specialize in a wide variety of vinyl records. They are profitable.

Comic book shops specialize in selling just comic books of all varieties, along with collectables related to some comics. They are profitable. There are quite a few of these in the Seattle area.

You seem to think that specialty stores are unprofitable. Tell that to Home Depot, Lowes, or your local Ace hardware store. Tell that to your local automotive supply stores. Tell that to your Tractor and Supply store. Tell that to Harbor Freight. Tell that to your local comic book store, your local bakery, your local dairy, your local GameStop.

The Parrot Killer

14-02-2021 06:18
(14411)
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:Gamestop is not "on the way out". Indeed, their business is booming more now, as people turn to video games to get through the lockdowns ordered by the Church of Covid.
Actually, they are. I see customers in GameStop all the time...buying console, both used and new, buying games, both used and new, buying gaming collectables, both new and used, etc.

As much as I respect the both of you, on this matter I am not an expert and so I need to be very careful who I hold as my authority until I perform my own independent research.

... so I'm going with my son who has been a hardcore online gamer for many years now and he says ...

GameStop is on its way out, that they are the BlockBuster of gaming and that "nobody goes there anymore". Yes, all of the reasons Into the Night listed for going to GameStop still exist and are valid, but my son says that what Harvey stated is more or less the reality of the situation, i.e. that the online downloading is the primary method for transferring game software and is rapidly becoming the only method.

Once again, I'm not going to declare anyone correct or incorrect because I don't know, but my operating assumption going forward is whatever my son says and he says that hedge funds short GameStop for a reason.

We should revisit this in two years to see if we have convergence or divergence.

15-02-2021 06:14
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:

Funny you mention it, because I just did my taxes as well... and know how Swan feels as well... it's insane how much Daddy Government butt rapes us...
15-02-2021 06:31
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:Gamestop is not "on the way out". Indeed, their business is booming more now, as people turn to video games to get through the lockdowns ordered by the Church of Covid.

As much as I respect the both of you, on this matter I am not an expert and so I need to be very careful who I hold as my authority until I perform my own independent research.

... so I'm going with my son who has been a hardcore online gamer for many years now and he says ...

GameStop is on its way out, that they are the BlockBuster of gaming and that "nobody goes there anymore". Yes, all of the reasons Into the Night listed for going to GameStop still exist and are valid, but my son says that what Harvey stated is more or less the reality of the situation, i.e. that the online downloading is the primary method for transferring game software and is rapidly becoming the only method.

Once again, I'm not going to declare anyone correct or incorrect because I don't know, but my operating assumption going forward is whatever my son says and he says that hedge funds short GameStop for a reason.

We should revisit this in two years to see if we have convergence or divergence.

I'm not super knowledgeable on the topic either, and I've never been to GameStop myself, but I have a cousin who used to go there quite a bit, and as far as I am aware he doesn't go there anymore. He just buys and downloads his games via Steam. Then again, he doesn't really do console gaming anymore, as he just uses his computer for most all gaming purposes now. Personally, the little gaming that I do I also do via computer and I also buy and download via Steam. I don't even own a working console anymore (outside of an N64 that my cousin and I play Super Smash Bros on from time to time). He is VERY good with Ness, and I am VERY good with Kirby.
15-02-2021 09:19
(21598)
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

It's not about consoles. It's about the game.

If a game someone wants to play runs on a specific console, people will buy that console to play that game.

Steam has a fair number of games, but not all games run on Steam.

Hardcore gamers are willing to drop $2000 into a system. by the time you get the VR headset, the sensors, the chair, the heavy duty graphics card to properly run the headset, and the computer to run the card, that's what it could easily run you.

What's $300 for a Switch with a game you want on it (about %0).
Mario, Zelda, and Pikmin games don't run on Steam.

VRChat and some Skyrim games run on Steam, but they don't run on a Switch (except Skyrim V).

Call of Duty is an Xbox or Playstation console. So is most of the Assassin Creed series (about 6 AS games, all running the Helix game engine, have been transcribed for the Switch, I consider it a vast improvement in reliability. The Helix engine has enough problems. Running it under Windows only makes it much worse.) Most other Assassin's Creed games run only on Xbox or Playstation (Xbox is the preferred console for these, since it will also easily emulate the XBox360 games on XBox 1, allow one to play AS1 and the Ezio series games). The latest AS games, Origins, Odyssey, and Valhalla are designed for the XBox 1, though they will play on PlayStation 5 (or 4, but not recommended).

Some games you can download to a console. Others you cannot.

If you like World of Warcraft, you are basically gaming on your PC. Consoles don't run it.
You get the hardware to run the game you want. You don't get the hardware just to get the hardware, generally.

Oddly enough, GameStop does not sell VR equipment. Maybe they should. Of course, they don't sell the gaming chairs either. I guess they leave the really expensive stuff for other specialist stores to carry.

The Parrot Killer

15-02-2021 17:21
(3314)
Into the Night wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

It's not about consoles. It's about the game.

If a game someone wants to play runs on a specific console, people will buy that console to play that game.

Steam has a fair number of games, but not all games run on Steam.

Hardcore gamers are willing to drop $2000 into a system. by the time you get the VR headset, the sensors, the chair, the heavy duty graphics card to properly run the headset, and the computer to run the card, that's what it could easily run you.

What's $300 for a Switch with a game you want on it (about %0).
Mario, Zelda, and Pikmin games don't run on Steam.

VRChat and some Skyrim games run on Steam, but they don't run on a Switch (except Skyrim V).

Call of Duty is an Xbox or Playstation console. So is most of the Assassin Creed series (about 6 AS games, all running the Helix game engine, have been transcribed for the Switch, I consider it a vast improvement in reliability. The Helix engine has enough problems. Running it under Windows only makes it much worse.) Most other Assassin's Creed games run only on Xbox or Playstation (Xbox is the preferred console for these, since it will also easily emulate the XBox360 games on XBox 1, allow one to play AS1 and the Ezio series games). The latest AS games, Origins, Odyssey, and Valhalla are designed for the XBox 1, though they will play on PlayStation 5 (or 4, but not recommended).

Some games you can download to a console. Others you cannot.

If you like World of Warcraft, you are basically gaming on your PC. Consoles don't run it.
You get the hardware to run the game you want. You don't get the hardware just to get the hardware, generally.

Oddly enough, GameStop does not sell VR equipment. Maybe they should. Of course, they don't sell the gaming chairs either. I guess they leave the really expensive stuff for other specialist stores to carry.

Referring solely to my cousin as an example, I can support most of what you said here.

His CPU set-up alone probably ran him above the $2,000 mark (for the CPU, monitors, and the gaming keyboard/mouse/chair)... Then you gotta add in (I would guess) somewhere around $1,000 for his VR set-up (he didn't cheap out for the ~$500 ones).

And yes, (for hardcore gamers, anyway) it is generally much more about the game than it is about the console. Yet my cousin, sort of in opposition to that sentiment, purposely bought the X-box consoles (gotta get the latest consoles for the latest games, obviously) because he despises the PlayStation consoles/controllers, and he also despises the Switch console, so he just doesn't play the games that have only been released to those consoles. Certain games are either released on multiple platforms at the outset, or else they get released on other platforms later on (if one is willing to be patient). For (generally) outdated consoles, such as the SEGA Dreamcast and the Nintendo GameCube, there are PC emulators for those (some emulators are much better than others).

Anyway, my cousin nowadays just does as much as he can on his PC (which is pretty much everything that he wishes to do, save some titles that can be played on an X-box but not on a PC), and I'm the same way with the few games that I play.
15-02-2021 17:35
(14411)
Into the Night wrote: Hardcore gamers are willing to drop $2000 into a system.

You are preaching to the choir. When my son was 13 he was very hardcore and I told him that if he wanted the gaming setup that he "absolutely needed" then he was going to have to learn how to build it. I told him that I would pay for the components but he would have to give me a researched list of compatible components that accomplish what he "needs" and he would have to personally build the machine/setup.

The one thing you can safely say about gamers is that gaming adequately motivates them to move mountains. My son became an expert at building computers and I got to see just how much technology had advanced over the previous fifteen years ... and yes, to your point, just how much money gamers are compelled to drop on their hardware.

Into the Night wrote: What's $300 for a Switch with a game you want on it

Nothing, ESPECIALLY if dad is paying for it!

Your point is spot on. Gaming is like an addictive drug and becomes a priority. As Scott Adams pointed out, virtual realities, despite being seemingly expensive, are far less expensive than dating so hardcore gamers actually have all the disposable income available that they aren't spending on dates.

Into the Night wrote: Call of Duty is an Xbox or Playstation console. So is most of the Assassin Creed series (about 6 AS games, all running the Helix game engine, have been transcribed for the Switch, I consider it a vast improvement in reliability.

My son used to have all of the consoles ... but today he needs only his computer. He just upgraded to a new processor and new RAM (apparently the existing video card is sufficient) and he is happy with his multiple single-millisecond-latency monitor setup.

He doesn't date.

... but he has a job, he is a full-time student and he is starting a business "wrapping" cars and other such things ... so my wife and I aren't worried ... yet.

... but sure, when it comes time to spend money, if it's not on junk food then he won't think twice about dropping a few hundred $$ on some gear.

Into the Night wrote: Some games you can download to a console. Others you cannot.

But you have to admit that if you look at the direction we are headed, this will change. You are speaking about how things happen to be today (in the present) and Harvey's point is that consoles will (in the future) enable 100% access via internet download ... at least that appears to be our current vector.

Into the Night wrote: Oddly enough, GameStop does not sell VR equipment. Maybe they should. Of course, they don't sell the gaming chairs either. I guess they leave the really expensive stuff for other specialist stores to carry.

These items will not be "specialty" items and carry over into the other discussion about WalMart competing with Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=gaming+chair&crid=13JMRKC9BFX&sprefix=gaming%2Caps%2C168&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_2_6
https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=gaming%20chair

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=virtual+reality+headset&crid=3EBZ63RFRT3R7&sprefix=virtual%2Caps%2C170&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_1_7
https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=virtual%20reality%20headset&typeahead=virtual%20reality%20

15-02-2021 19:21
(5197)
The point was that GameStop, use to be the go-to place, for the latest, and the greatest. Now, it's more of a retro/vintage specialty store. Big difference in volume of sales. Their prices are going to be higher, and a lot of the used stuff is going cheap/free.
15-02-2021 20:20
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
Re: game controllers or what ever you call them.
If you play well with a certain controller does that mean you are playing better than the next guy or does it mean that your controller is faster acting? I'm talking about velocity type games here. Is there a difference in reaction time between different controllers?
15-02-2021 21:29
(14411)
keepit wrote:Re: game controllers or what ever you call them.
If you play well with a certain controller does that mean you are playing better than the next guy or does it mean that your controller is faster acting? I'm talking about velocity type games here. Is there a difference in reaction time between different controllers?

Of course any given gamer will be forthwith hampered by the responsiveness (or lack thereof) of his controls and/or the latency of his monitor.

15-02-2021 22:08
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
So where do you go to get the best controllers?
15-02-2021 22:30
(3314)
keepit wrote:

Where are your MoSM mind masters telling you to go?
15-02-2021 23:30
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
It's just your imagination gfm. Don't let it get the best of you.
16-02-2021 01:09
(21598)
keepit wrote:
Re: game controllers or what ever you call them.

Yes.

The Parrot Killer

16-02-2021 01:16
(21598)
keepit wrote:

Depends on the platform. Controllers come in all shapes and sizes. Some fit the hands better than others. Some respond better to movement and position. Some really suck at contact closure detection. Some are a lot better at this.

Many folks head to Japanese sites to get controllers more suited to their style of play. Others are manufactured out of Taiwan. Others are manufactured out of South Korea.

Even for PC gaming, there is a wide variety of controllers that some games can make use of, such as eye tracking hardware, AR headsets (to enhance not just what you see on the monitors, but elsewhere in the room!), etc.

You can VR headsets for some games on the Switch, including Breath of the Wild. They aren't as good as high quality VR headsets, but it works, putting Link into a kind of 3d world (it is still 3rd person view). These make use of putting the Switch in the headset, similar to a cellphone headset. Nintendo's official one is too fore heavy and hot. Others dissipate the heat better, hold the Switch better, and are better balanced, and have better lenses to properly shorten viewing distance to the Switch.

It just depends on the game you want to play, the console you want to use, and personal preferences.

The Parrot Killer

16-02-2021 01:17
(21598)
keepit wrote:
It's just your imagination gfm. Don't let it get the best of you.

It's already gotten the best of you.

The Parrot Killer

16-02-2021 01:40
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
Thanks for the briefing ITN. It's way above my pay grade.
04-10-2021 16:32
SimonPowell
☆☆☆☆☆
(1)
There is a simple reason why rich people pay disproportionately more in taxes than poor people do. The rich can afford to pay more. Poor people can't. Economists often talk about the marginal tax rate. This rate is usually less than 50 percent, but the government also taxes people's salaries, capital gains, inheritances, and so on. Anyway, I am using ThePayStubs. This platform is helping me with generating all the files with the necessary details for the tax process. In this way, I save a lot of time.
04-10-2021 23:42
(14411)
SimonPowell wrote: There is a simple reason why rich people pay disproportionately more in taxes than poor people do. The rich can afford to pay more. Poor people can't.

This is stupidly-mindless Marxist regurgitation.

The reason rich people get screwed is because Marxism found its way into our laws and disproportionately penalizes them for adding value to society. Marxism does not tolerate that.

SimonPowell wrote: Economists often talk about the marginal tax rate.

... because they're economicsts. They don't talk about sports quite as much.

SimonPowell wrote:This rate is usually less than 50 percent,

This is far too high.

SimonPowell wrote: ... but the government also taxes people's salaries, capital gains, inheritances, and so on.

Exactly. The government is overly abusive of We the People. We should shit-can this Federal government and start over.
Attached image:

06-10-2021 05:06
(5197)
IBdaMann wrote:
SimonPowell wrote: There is a simple reason why rich people pay disproportionately more in taxes than poor people do. The rich can afford to pay more. Poor people can't.

This is stupidly-mindless Marxist regurgitation.

The reason rich people get screwed is because Marxism found its way into our laws and disproportionately penalizes them for adding value to society. Marxism does not tolerate that.

SimonPowell wrote: Economists often talk about the marginal tax rate.

... because they're economicsts. They don't talk about sports quite as much.

SimonPowell wrote:This rate is usually less than 50 percent,

This is far too high.

SimonPowell wrote: ... but the government also taxes people's salaries, capital gains, inheritances, and so on.

Exactly. The government is overly abusive of We the People. We should shit-can this Federal government and start over.

Guessing it's spam, or marketing. First post on the forum... Of course, I didn't click on the link, but it's likely a product or service, for a 'reasonable' fee...
15-10-2021 00:06
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
Taxes aren't theft by the govt. Get real. Taxes are team work to pay for govt services. If you think they're unfair you can thank trump for the latest tax cut on the wealthy but not for the middle class and the poor.
15-10-2021 01:48
(14411)

keepit wrote: Taxes aren't theft by the govt.

The correct wording is "Taxes are theft by a tyrannical government."

keepit wrote: Get real. Taxes are team work to pay for govt services.

Get real. Taxes are forever growing to feed the tyrannical government's insatiable appetite to just spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend. Are you telling me that you never learned this?

Would you like to guess why a government sells bonds and otherwise takes on debt? Because the government's need to spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend is far greater than any discipline it might have to remain within the limits of its revenue.

Right now the US is well over $28 Trillion in debt. We certainly did not need $28 Trillion more than the IRS took in as revenue in government services. In fact, if anything, we should have a $28 Trillion surplus given the power of the US economy. But no. The US government has been on an uncontrollable binge to just spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend, spend unimaginable wealth. We the People should fire our government and create a new one that is qualified for the position.

keepit wrote:If you think they're unfair you can thank trump for the latest tax cut on the wealthy but not for the middle class and the poor.

If you think the President causes the deficit spending then you can thank the people who failed to raise you properly and who failed to give you a proper education. They did you a grave disservice.
Attached image:

Edited on 15-10-2021 01:50
15-10-2021 02:53
(21598)
keepit wrote:
Taxes aren't theft by the govt.

Taxes are theft by the government. It is taking your money at the point of a gun.
keepit wrote:
Get real.

You can't define what 'real' means.
keepit wrote:
Taxes are team work to pay for govt services.

No. Taxes are theft by the government.
keepit wrote:
If you think they're unfair you can thank trump for the latest tax cut on the wealthy but not for the middle class and the poor.

Trump cut taxes across the board. You are lying.

The Parrot Killer

Page 1 of 212>

Join the debate Taxes:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Like Death and Taxes, Something Else We Can Rely On1215-08-2020 23:42
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact