Page 2 of 2<12
15-10-2021 04:21
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:
keepit wrote:
Taxes aren't theft by the govt.

Taxes are theft by the government. It is taking your money at the point of a gun.
keepit wrote:
Get real.

You can't define what 'real' means.
keepit wrote:
Taxes are team work to pay for govt services.

No. Taxes are theft by the government.
keepit wrote:
If you think they're unfair you can thank trump for the latest tax cut on the wealthy but not for the middle class and the poor.

Trump cut taxes across the board. You are lying.

I love Texas. It's where my folks hooked up.
15-10-2021 19:14
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
What people do not understand about taxes is that when the government spends them, that money is going back into the economy. It pays for infrastructure, social services and for the military.
In the US, tax breaks that were given in recent years primarily benefit the wealthy. What some people realized that the "tax break" they received also meant no tax return. Their tax break was their tax return which many people liked because it allowed them to buy a big ticket item they might not be able to afford otherwise.
The real issue might be that what allows an economy to grow is people borrowing money. That increases the amount of money in circulation. Yet if the trade deficit is greater, then an economy will contract without inflation.
The US trade deficit with China alone is usually about $800 Billion. To account for that, $800 Billion in new loans needs to happen. Also, when real estate moguls buy up real estate increasing the value of property and health costs increase, this decreases the amount of money that families have to live on. Basically taxes aren't the real issue.
Deficit spending by the government helps to support corporate welfare while also considering the unthinkable. If people should have access to electronic media because it supports commerce, this tends to show how credit cannot support a capitalist country of which its wealth is based on.
After all, that could be like paying a 10% tax to creditors to prevent the economy from shrinking. And that is on top of what governments need to tax.
It's possible that rising healthcare and housing costs as well as a significant trade deficit are what's hurting the US but capitalism comes before Democracy. Kind of why Sen. McConnell has the power to shape the Supreme Court in a fashion the People's Party of China might like. And China has made both himself and his family rich. That's capitalism.
15-10-2021 22:27
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
James___ wrote:
What people do not understand about taxes is that when the government spends them, that money is going back into the economy. It pays for infrastructure, social services and for the military.
In the US, tax breaks that were given in recent years primarily benefit the wealthy. What some people realized that the "tax break" they received also meant no tax return. Their tax break was their tax return which many people liked because it allowed them to buy a big ticket item they might not be able to afford otherwise.
The real issue might be that what allows an economy to grow is people borrowing money. That increases the amount of money in circulation. Yet if the trade deficit is greater, then an economy will contract without inflation.
The US trade deficit with China alone is usually about $800 Billion. To account for that, $800 Billion in new loans needs to happen. Also, when real estate moguls buy up real estate increasing the value of property and health costs increase, this decreases the amount of money that families have to live on. Basically taxes aren't the real issue.
Deficit spending by the government helps to support corporate welfare while also considering the unthinkable. If people should have access to electronic media because it supports commerce, this tends to show how credit cannot support a capitalist country of which its wealth is based on.
After all, that could be like paying a 10% tax to creditors to prevent the economy from shrinking. And that is on top of what governments need to tax.
It's possible that rising healthcare and housing costs as well as a significant trade deficit are what's hurting the US but capitalism comes before Democracy. Kind of why Sen. McConnell has the power to shape the Supreme Court in a fashion the People's Party of China might like. And China has made both himself and his family rich. That's capitalism.

That is not capitalism.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
15-10-2021 23:43
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14377)

James___ wrote:What people do not understand about taxes is that when the government spends them, that money is going back into the economy. It pays for infrastructure, social services and for the military.

If you are thirsty and I drain some of your blood, pour it in a glass and say "Here, drink this. It's your blood." When you drink it, that blood is going back into your body. You can digest it, get nutrients from it and quench your thirst.

Now suppose that I keep increasing the amount of blood I drain from you under the excuse that if I were to drain any less it would be tantamount to giving an unfair blood break to the country's fattest 1%. Then imagine that I give most of the drained blood to illegal aliens who claim that they are simply seeking a better life. You'd be fine with all that, right?

James___ wrote: In the US, tax breaks that were given in recent years primarily benefit the wealthy.

That's because prior to the relief, the wealthy were being bled out in ways that Webster's Dictionary used to define the word "unfair."

James___ wrote: The real issue might be that what allows an economy to grow is people borrowing money.

The word you seek is "investment." An economy is driven by "investment" which generates the supply of goods and services that are demanded.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
Edited on 15-10-2021 23:44
16-10-2021 00:07
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:

Now suppose that I keep increasing the amount of blood I drain from you under the excuse that if I were to drain any less it would be tantamount to giving an unfair blood break to the country's fattest 1%. Then imagine that I give most of the drained blood to illegal aliens who claim that they are simply seeking a better life. You'd be fine with all that, right?

That's what Freiderich Trump and his wife claimed. And because Trump is a billionaire and became President of the United States of America, he and his family shows what it does. And now when it comes to any debate about illegal immigration, do you like the former President Trump? If you do then illegal immigration works.
After that I really have no comment. That is because this creates a paradox. The former President of the US lives the American dream while both his grandfather and grandmother were illegal immigrants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S3Yt-NxY0E

p.s., I don't think I ever told you that I liked living in Norway. Snakker Engleske is optional.

Edited on 16-10-2021 00:27
16-10-2021 03:17
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
To rub salt in your wound https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyCEexG9xjw
and for you guys, Я не говорю по испански. Jeg snakker ikke spansk.
I don't. This has more to do with white Americans telling me that Mexicans are better. And yet Rome fell. It exploited people because it was the richest country in the world. And today Americans are the same way.
Edited on 16-10-2021 03:25
16-10-2021 04:21
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
And when the police arrest me for being Norse or a disabled Veteran, it always comes back to this; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5ZycJC-pmo

p.s., a hot rod Lincoln is being a disabled Veteran and 1/2 Norwegian. Just a souped up 8 cylinder engine with a chassis that can handle over drive.
Be glad you are neither. Why you have friends who adore you. Then again we are here. Go figure.

p.s., please be mindful, we are here. We haven't kicked things into overdrive yet but that day is coming. It's on. And once again, we are here. That's gotta suck.
Edited on 16-10-2021 04:49
16-10-2021 05:27
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Maybe I got the song wrong? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN-wj5YbWis

p.s., its Italian and not https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMS_n1l3Wxc
And you're an AMerican, right? Gicha!!

p.s., and we're here, right?
Edited on 16-10-2021 05:43
16-10-2021 07:03
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
James___ wrote:
Maybe I got the song wrong? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN-wj5YbWis

p.s., its Italian and not https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMS_n1l3Wxc
And you're an AMerican, right? Gicha!!

p.s., and we're here, right?

With Americans, what's left to be said? They do love the Romans of 2,000 years ago. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OOnTpIowMw
As the commercial states, we are GFM!!, er, Ceasars!!!
And when Rome fell it was because of the German hoards. Today this might be realized by the Trumps. Donald trump doesn't support the US but the rule of the Rothschilds in Europe. https://rothschildfoundation.eu/who-we-are/history/

The 5 arrows in the family crest gets into the Torah and the Old Testament of the Bible. Psalm 127: 4 Like arrows in the hand of a warrior

are the children of one's youth.

5 Blessed is the man

who fills his quiver with them!

Kind of what the Rothschild fortune is based on, children who sought wealth in the name of their father. The Rothschild wealth is actually founded on trading currency betting on the outcome of a war in Europe. History shows this is true. They placed a bet and won.
To them, the result of the war was purely financial and had nothing to do with any belief in god. They simply wanted to make money and did. The beginnings of capitalism.
Edited on 16-10-2021 07:40
16-10-2021 07:26
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5195)
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

That's what Freiderich Trump and his wife claimed. And because Trump is a billionaire and became President of the United States of America, he and his family shows what it does. And now when it comes to any debate about illegal immigration, do you like the former President Trump? If you do then illegal immigration works.
After that I really have no comment. That is because this creates a paradox. The former President of the US lives the American dream while both his grandfather and grandmother were illegal immigrants.

p.s., I don't think I ever told you that I liked living in Norway. Snakker Engleske is optional.

Contractors don't care about the past of day-labors they hire. They don't specifically look for illegal immigrants to hire. They pick from the people that show up at the Home Depot parking lot, or where ever the popular gathering spot. All they are looking for is people willing to work, to fill out their crew. The ones that don't work out, are told to leave. Those that work out well, are wanted back. The point, is that they are already here illegally. The contractors don't bring them across the border.
16-10-2021 07:47
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Contractors don't care about the past of day-labors they hire. They don't specifically look for illegal immigrants to hire. They pick from the people that show up at the Home Depot parking lot, or where ever the popular gathering spot. All they are looking for is people willing to work, to fill out their crew. The ones that don't work out, are told to leave. Those that work out well, are wanted back. The point, is that they are already here illegally. The contractors don't bring them across the border.

It's not an easy issue Harvey. I wish my dad had stayed in Norway. I hate saying that like you, my American mother saw opportunity and went for it. He simply had it going on while American men said "I'm an American". I can't blame her for wanting a better life being an American. But I don't think the U.S. was the right country for them.
As for Nikola Tesla, George Westinghouse got rich off of his invention. Why did that make Nikola Tesla poor? One was an American and one wasn't. George Westinghouse basically needed a free invention or he would be taken advantage of. And with Tesla, he worked for $2 a day as a laborer digging ditches.
That is the real America. History will show it's true.
Fortunately for myself, I am from Dayton, Ohio and the home of the Wright Brothers. Langley Airfield is named after someone who failed at 3 attempts at powered flight. Those attempts were covered by the media and were supported by the US Government. America's greatest scientist failed.
The Wright Bros. had a father who was a Bishop in the Anglican church in the US. Their initial work followed Otto Lilienthal of Germany who was a hang glider. With the Wright Bros., they were aware of what other people did even if they weren't Americans. And yet today, if it's not USA, who cares? How times have changed.

p.s., just curious. Why is it you Americans know nothing of your history?
p.s., Florida is actually Spanish for Fleur de Lis or flower of life. Just very basic knowledge about language and country. Would St. Augustine being its oldest city going back to the 1600's and the search for the Fountain of Youth have anything to do with its name?
This goes back to Ponce DeLeon, right? But I'm not a "real" American and would have no idea why Florida has Hispanic roots dating back over 400 years. Ten again the U.S. bought both Florida and the Louisiana purchase. Just an interesting history Harvey. With the Louisiana Purchase, that was French colonial territory.
Quel parler a moi mon ami? Je veux savoir quel parler a moi s'il vous plait.
Just sayin', okay?
Edited on 16-10-2021 08:15
16-10-2021 16:28
(21559)
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

It's not an easy issue Harvey. I wish my dad had stayed in Norway. I hate saying that like you, my American mother saw opportunity and went for it. He simply had it going on while American men said "I'm an American". I can't blame her for wanting a better life being an American. But I don't think the U.S. was the right country for them.

So you're an ingrate. Gotit.
James___ wrote:
As for Nikola Tesla, George Westinghouse got rich off of his invention.

They both did.
James___ wrote:
Why did that make Nikola Tesla poor?

It didn't.
James___ wrote:
One was an American and one wasn't.

Irrelevant.
James___ wrote:
George Westinghouse basically needed a free invention or he would be taken advantage of.

It wasn't a free invention. Westinghouse paid Tesla very well. Tesla was quite rich at the time.
James___ wrote:
And with Tesla, he worked for $2 a day as a laborer digging ditches.

Not while working with Westinghouse.
James___ wrote:

Irrelevant.
James___ wrote:
Fortunately for myself, I am from Dayton, Ohio and the home of the Wright Brothers. Langley Airfield is named after someone who failed at 3 attempts at powered flight. Those attempts were covered by the media and were supported by the US Government. America's greatest scientist failed.

He wasn't America's greatest scientist.
James___ wrote:
The Wright Bros. had a father who was a Bishop in the Anglican church in the US. Their initial work followed Otto Lilienthal of Germany who was a hang glider. With the Wright Bros., they were aware of what other people did even if they weren't Americans. And yet today, if it's not USA, who cares? How times have changed.

Nothing has changed.
James___ wrote:

I do. Why is it you know nothing of America's history? Because you conflate events, that's why.
James___ wrote:
p.s., Florida is actually Spanish for Fleur de Lis or flower of life. Just very basic knowledge about language and country. Would St. Augustine being its oldest city going back to the 1600's and the search for the Fountain of Youth have anything to do with its name?
This goes back to Ponce DeLeon, right? But I'm not a "real" American and would have no idea why Florida has Hispanic roots dating back over 400 years. Ten again the U.S. bought both Florida and the Louisiana purchase. Just an interesting history Harvey. With the Louisiana Purchase, that was French colonial territory.
Just sayin', okay?

Pointless random wanderings. No apparent conclusion.

So I'll offer one:

Let's just take Florida. I could say the same things about Louisiana, Kentucky, California, New York, Atlanta, Paris, Hamburg, Tokyo, etc.

There was once just wilderness. There was no government. People came and took that wilderness and built their homes and created a society. They did it by working hard and voluntarily, selling to each other their produce and services. That is capitalism. It requires no government. It requires no 'management'. It is simply people voluntarily producing goods and services. It is the butcher, the baker, the candlestick maker, and a whole lot of others doing what they do voluntarily.

Government came later, as a means to coordinate security to protect the wealth thus created. Even this was created voluntarily, and people voluntarily funded that government. Capitalism creates wealth. No other economic system creates wealth.

Governments, of course, can go bad (they often do!). They become oppressive, taking more and more wealth (they don't create it), and become 'compassionate' by taking their stolen loot and giving it to people that don't produce much of anything (especially themselves!). That is theft. That is tyranny. It is not the purpose of government. It becomes the enemy within.

That is socialism. It is theft of wealth. It can only exist where there is capitalism which creates the wealth for socialism to leach off from. It comes in several major forms, including slavery, fascism, or communism.

Capitalism and socialism exist in every society in the world. It is not a nation. It is not a government. These are economic systems.

If you want to sit there and whine about your lot in life you only have yourself to blame.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
16-10-2021 19:49
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5195)
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

As for Nikola Tesla, George Westinghouse got rich off of his invention. Why did that make Nikola Tesla poor? One was an American and one wasn't. George Westinghouse basically needed a free invention or he would be taken advantage of. And with Tesla, he worked for $2 a day as a laborer digging ditches.

Just sayin', okay?

Westinghouse was a businessman and a friend of Tesla. Both made a lot of money. Westinghouse took a chance, and financed a lot of Tesla's work. Tesla was actually a millionaire for a while, because of it. Now, what Edison did, while Tesla briefly was in his employment. The job was sort of the reason he came to America... Is more to what you were actually getting at. But, Edison screwed over hundreds of people in the same manner. Most of Edison's fame, came from exploiting the talents and work of others... You'll find that most of the Edison patents are actually Edison Lab patents. He took credit, and owned, everything worked on in his labs. Westinghouse made generous deals, and loans to Tesla. It was still business, wasn't just his personal money. Tesla wasn't obsessed with getting rich, just funding his work, and dreams. Which was quite expensive, and risky to investors, since it was well beyond the comprehension of most. People invest in things, purely to see a profit. Tesla needed to do a lot of work, that didn't really show much potential for high profits. What really destroyed Tesla, was the wireless transmission of electricity. It would have been an awesome gift to mankind. Unfortunately, no actual means to meter and charge for the utility, as with the current grid. Also, most everything currently running off the grid, would also be replaced. The people who had invested in Tesla in the past, and doing very well, would stand to lose a lot of money, and basically need to start over with the new system. The wireless system, was still more of a mystery than the A.C. grid system for most of them. Much more difficult to see a path toward huge profits. They all knew it wasn't about profits for Tesla, but to make things that improved the quality of life, cheaply for everyone. Wireless transmitted power, would be free to use, by anyone, anywhere. But, it would still cost money to generate, and provide. It was never 'free' energy, as many like to believe, to sell books, and scam devices. Yeah, I bought and read a few of those books too... But, that was after reading the actual works and writings.
17-10-2021 00:16
(21559)
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Just sayin', okay?

Westinghouse was a businessman and a friend of Tesla. Both made a lot of money. Westinghouse took a chance, and financed a lot of Tesla's work. Tesla was actually a millionaire for a while, because of it. Now, what Edison did, while Tesla briefly was in his employment. The job was sort of the reason he came to America... Is more to what you were actually getting at. But, Edison screwed over hundreds of people in the same manner. Most of Edison's fame, came from exploiting the talents and work of others... You'll find that most of the Edison patents are actually Edison Lab patents. He took credit, and owned, everything worked on in his labs. Westinghouse made generous deals, and loans to Tesla. It was still business, wasn't just his personal money. Tesla wasn't obsessed with getting rich, just funding his work, and dreams. Which was quite expensive, and risky to investors, since it was well beyond the comprehension of most. People invest in things, purely to see a profit. Tesla needed to do a lot of work, that didn't really show much potential for high profits. What really destroyed Tesla, was the wireless transmission of electricity. It would have been an awesome gift to mankind. Unfortunately, no actual means to meter and charge for the utility, as with the current grid. Also, most everything currently running off the grid, would also be replaced. The people who had invested in Tesla in the past, and doing very well, would stand to lose a lot of money, and basically need to start over with the new system. The wireless system, was still more of a mystery than the A.C. grid system for most of them. Much more difficult to see a path toward huge profits. They all knew it wasn't about profits for Tesla, but to make things that improved the quality of life, cheaply for everyone. Wireless transmitted power, would be free to use, by anyone, anywhere. But, it would still cost money to generate, and provide. It was never 'free' energy, as many like to believe, to sell books, and scam devices. Yeah, I bought and read a few of those books too... But, that was after reading the actual works and writings.

Well said. Unfortunately, his wireless system, while spectacular, only managed to magnetize women's hairpins for miles and throw some amazing looking arcs.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 17-10-2021 00:17
25-01-2022 14:51
Rayduil
☆☆☆☆☆
(1)
I can agree that taxes are expensive. I remember the amount of money I saw in my contract when I had signed it, and the money I actually get is way lower. So I decided to create a paystub a see how much I'm actually paying for my taxes. When I tell you I was shocked, I'm not kidding. I didn't really pay attention when the news about the rising taxes appeared. I thought they were the same as four years ago. I was so wrong. It's unfair that w pay this much money and still don't see any changes whatsoever.
25-01-2022 17:46
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
Rayduil wrote:
I can agree that taxes are expensive. I remember the amount of money I saw in my contract when I had signed it, and the money I actually get is way lower. So I decided to create a paystub a see how much I'm actually paying for my taxes. When I tell you I was shocked, I'm not kidding. I didn't really pay attention when the news about the rising taxes appeared. I thought they were the same as four years ago. I was so wrong. It's unfair that w pay this much money and still don't see any changes whatsoever.

What you are noticing is the result of unfettered government. When is enough enough? How long will the producers, the brilliant minds of the world, the people who do the work that keeps the motor of the world running, keep producing just to have the fruits of their labor stolen away from them by the looters of the world?

Who is John Galt?
25-01-2022 20:30
(21559)
Rayduil wrote:

Welcome...to the real world.

The Parrot Killer

Page 2 of 2<12

Join the debate Taxes:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Like Death and Taxes, Something Else We Can Rely On1215-08-2020 23:42
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact