Remember me
▼ Content

Symptoms

Page 1 of 212>
Symptoms19-06-2020 23:06
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Watching Fox news enables one to see what's wrong with foxnews. It's kind of like listening to the symptoms of a patient (i used to be a paramedic) to see what's wrong.
Without listening to people like hannity and ingraham and tucker you don't know what the problems are.

Also, on CNBC Dr. Gottlieb just said that it appears there is some immunity developing but that it might only be good for a year.
This means that unless we get a treatment and a vaccine we're going to have to go through this again (and again). If there's only a year of immunity that may mean that vaccination can only give a year of immunity.
"It ain't over til it's over." Yogi Berra.

By the way, CNBC seems to me to be the least biased and also the most informative. They aren't very political, rather their political party is the party of "money".
Edited on 19-06-2020 23:14
19-06-2020 23:23
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21582)
keepit wrote:
Watching Fox news enables one to see what's wrong with foxnews. It's kind of like listening to the symptoms of a patient (i used to be a paramedic) to see what's wrong.
Without listening to people like hannity and ingraham and tucker you don't know what the problems are.

Also, on CNBC Dr. Gottlieb just said that it appears there is some immunity developing but that it might only be good for a year.
This means that unless we get a treatment and a vaccine we're going to have to go through this again (and again). If there's only a year of immunity that may mean that vaccination can only give a year of immunity.

By the way, CNBC seems to me to be the least biased and also the most informative. They aren't very political, rather their political party is the party of "money".

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
19-06-2020 23:29
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
keepit wrote:
Watching Fox news enables one to see what's wrong with foxnews.

Reading keepit's posts allows one to see what's wrong with keepit.

[quote]keepit wrote:
It's kind of like listening to the symptoms of a patient (i used to be a paramedic) to see what's wrong.

What???!!......the.....

keepit wrote:
Also, on CNBC

Just couldn't resist flipping back to doomsday television, could you?
[K

keepit wrote:
Dr. Gottlieb just said that it appears there is some immunity developing but that it might only be good for a year.

Appears? Some? Might? Three words of uncertainty in one short sentence.

keepit wrote:
This means that.....(deleted following bullshit speculation).

It doesn't mean anything useful. What it means is the left wing is STILL manufacturing the "crisis"

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
19-06-2020 23:34
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
keepit wrote:

What "problems" are you referring to? I don't believe that you were a paramedic.

keepit wrote:

You don't know how an immune system works, do you? What if the COVID-19 vaccine turns out to be ineffective?

keepit wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
19-06-2020 23:38
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
If there is no effective vaccine or treatment we are in deep "s-it".
Edited on 19-06-2020 23:38
19-06-2020 23:47
(3314)
keepit wrote:
If there is no effective vaccine or treatment we are in deep "s-it".

** An effective vaccine is not necessary.
** There are already effective treatments.

What do you mean by "deep shit"?

I suggest getting out in the sunlight more often and fear mongering less often. Sunlight is good for you! Fear mongering is bad for you.
Edited on 19-06-2020 23:48
20-06-2020 00:35
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
What effective treatments are you talking about?
Could it be you that needs to be enlightened?
20-06-2020 01:09
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
keepit wrote:

Some billionaires are already saying that as the result of the coronavirus that the US dollar will be devalued. The problem mostly exists because of the $800 Billion trade deficit. What made America great was a trade surplus.
Yet Americans are mass consumers. Europeans to and probably all of the Group of 8 or G-8 countries. This might actually get countries to think about how to protect their economies as well as how to minimize the next pandemic.
And if everyone goes back to business as usual, if the next pandemic is much worse than this one, and sooner or later there will be another one, will anyone be prepared for it?
As for the coronavirus, it might be here to stay.
20-06-2020 02:42
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
keepit wrote:

For about 97% of the population, it's nothing more than a cold virus. There is a whole isle in Walmart, with various treatments, for the symptoms of cold and flu, if you've got weak testicles, and need them. Basically, it's 5-7 days, and then you are good.

Ever notice that there is no vaccines for the common cold? Mostly, the cold viruses are a nuisance, but not typically deadly, unless you have other medical issues, where a respiratory infection would really suck. There are literally hundreds of know strains, that cause common cold symptoms. Influenza is a little more deadly for some, typically the very young, and the elderly. It also screws up people, who have other medical issues. The immune system can only effectively handle making antibodies for a few viruses at any given time. The annual flu vaccine, is only good for 3-4 strains, out of over a dozen active strains. Most people could technically handle more than 4, but if they are already busy with something the caught naturally, some of the vaccine won't get attention. The amount (dose) also has to be high enough to trigger a strong enough immune response, to create the antibodies. Too high a dose of infections material, triggers an excessively strong immune response. Sometimes worse, than getting infected with a live virus.

Covid-19 vaccine will be as useless as masks and social distancing. Least some people will feel good, the government is keeping them 'safe'.
20-06-2020 02:52
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Harvey,
Again, did you read my post before you went on your rant about testicles, the common cold, and "useless masks"?
20-06-2020 02:56
(21582)
keepit wrote:

None needed. Treat the pneumonia if it occurs, otherwise treat the virus itself as any other respiratory virus.

Don't panic.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
20-06-2020 02:58
(21582)
keepit wrote:
Harvey,
Again, did you read my post before you went on your rant about testicles, the common cold, and "useless masks"?

N95 masks do not stop a virus.
6 feet do not stop a virus.

The Parrot Killer

20-06-2020 03:01
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
These recommendations from Dr. ITN M.D.
20-06-2020 03:02
(21582)
keepit wrote:
These recommendations from Dr. ITN M.D.

* N95 masks do not stop viruses. See the N95 specifications. This is an engineering specification. I do not need to be an M.D. to read them.

* 6 feet do not stop viruses. Covid-19 can survive intact for up to 2 hours in dry air. It is assumed that airflow over 6 feet is taking less time than 2 hours. I do not need to be an M.D. to understand airflow.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 20-06-2020 03:04
20-06-2020 03:32
(5196)
keepit wrote:
Harvey,

Sorry, I didn't spend the past three months hiding in the basement, from a cold virus. Fortunately, my job was declared an essential service, and all this 'scary' crap had little effect over how I live my life. I've had colds before, not that scary, or life changing. You're a man, full grown, and should be able to take care of your own heath needs by now. Not sure why you and your liberal friends feel everyone should change your diapers for you.

Let let you in on a secret. I've been out of the house every day, working as usual, no mask, no social distancing, and no cold. Same for the people I work with. I don't wear a mask in stores, or businesses, nor asked. Still haven't caught anything. Haven't changed anything about how I live my daily life, and don't hide in the basement, still not sick.

You can do math, right? Look up the population of your state. Get the daily states, and the overall totals to date. You'll find that it's a small percentage of your state's total population. Over 3 months of testing, and only 2.59 percent of Florida's 21.6 million people, have actually been tested. It's always been a very small portion of the total population, magnified to epic proportions.
20-06-2020 03:55
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Masks and distancing do work.I personally did not wear a mask or distance but it was my call.Here in W.A. we have no new cases
20-06-2020 06:48
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Harvey,
Besides learning RTFQ in school, i "learned to learn".
For starters, the common cold attacks the upper respiratory tract and not much else.
Covid19 attacks the lungs (lower respiratory tract) and the coronary blood vessels, and the kidneys. This info has been on this website for several months. Since you haven't learned it, i assume you either don't want to learn it or you don't believe it.
If you don't believe it, where did you get the information that prevents you from believing it?
20-06-2020 15:05
(5196)
keepit wrote:
Harvey,
For starters, the common cold attacks the upper respiratory tract and not much else.
Covid19 attacks the lungs (lower respiratory tract) and the coronary blood vessels, and the kidneys. This info has been on this website for several months. Since you haven't learned it, i assume you either don't want to learn it or you don't believe it.
If you don't believe it, where did you get the information that prevents you from believing it?

Covid-19 is only upper respiratory, except in the more severe cases, which is less than 3% of the confirmed cases. The severe cases are also linked to pre-existing health issues. You can only attribute conditions common to all cases. Even a common cold can migrate to the lower respiratory. Any kind of infection (bacterial or viral) can damage other organs and tissues, more the immune system, than the contagian.

Basically, you are an alarmist, and fear mongering. It'll take years to really asses the damage, and the actual numbers infected. For normal, healthy people, it's no different than a common cold, whom don't go rushing to a doctor, or bother getting tested. These would be the vast majority of the population. Less than 3% of Florida's 21.6 million people have been tested, even one time, and it took almost 4 months to get that many. The 3% of the cases being severe, only applies to tested, confirmed cases. Actually much, much smaller than that.
20-06-2020 18:33
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Harvey,
You didn't mention the source of your information. Just curious.

By the way, the symptoms of covid19 aren't anywhere near the same as the common cold. Fever, shortness of breath for example don't occur with the common cold. It isn't the same virus either.

Read about it in wikipedia.
Edited on 20-06-2020 18:38
20-06-2020 19:47
(21582)
duncan61 wrote:
Masks and distancing do work.I personally did not wear a mask or distance but it was my call.Here in W.A. we have no new cases

N95 masks do not stop viruses. Cloth masks do not stop viruses. They are utterly useless except as 'good luck' talismans. They just make you look like a hypochondriac dork.

Glad to see Australia is through this.

Enjoy your winter!

The Parrot Killer

20-06-2020 19:53
(21582)
keepit wrote:
Harvey,

Lie. You absolutely refuse to learn anything.
keepit wrote:

WRONG. Cold viruses (there is more than one) attack anything they can get to, usually the upper respiratory tract, since it is an airborne virus.
keepit wrote:
Covid19 attacks the lungs (lower respiratory tract) and the coronary blood vessels, and the kidneys.

WRONG. Covid19 attacks anything it can get to, usually the upper respiratory tract, since it is also an airborne virus.
keepit wrote:
This info has been on this website for several months.

False authority fallacy.
keepit wrote:
Since you haven't learned it, i assume you either don't want to learn it or you don't believe it.

Fundamentalist religions isn't learning, dumbass.
keepit wrote:

Past history of respiratory virus infection vectors. This one is no different from any other.

The Parrot Killer

20-06-2020 20:02
(21582)
HarveyH55 wrote:
keepit wrote:
Harvey,

Covid-19 is only upper respiratory, except in the more severe cases, which is less than 3% of the confirmed cases. The severe cases are also linked to pre-existing health issues. You can only attribute conditions common to all cases. Even a common cold can migrate to the lower respiratory. Any kind of infection (bacterial or viral) can damage other organs and tissues, more the immune system, than the contagian.

Basically, you are an alarmist, and fear mongering. It'll take years to really asses the damage, and the actual numbers infected. For normal, healthy people, it's no different than a common cold, whom don't go rushing to a doctor, or bother getting tested. These would be the vast majority of the population. Less than 3% of Florida's 21.6 million people have been tested, even one time, and it took almost 4 months to get that many. The 3% of the cases being severe, only applies to tested, confirmed cases. Actually much, much smaller than that.

He is fear mongering. Covid19 is no different from any other flu virus. It's actually a mild version this time. Many people get it and have no symptoms showing at all. Such are now immune. No one has died from Covid19. It doesn't kill. It is pneumonia that kills. That is a bacteriological infection and can be treated with antibiotics quite effectively, especially if caught early.

Covid19 can certainly induce pneumonia, but pneumonia is not Covid19. Like any pneumonia, such is especially dangerous to the elderly and weak. As expected, this is where most of the 'Covid19 deaths' are occurring.

Less than 1% of the population is affected. This isn't even an epidemic, must less a pandemic. That's all fake news and fake declarations by idiots at the CDC and WHO.

The Parrot Killer

20-06-2020 20:04
(21582)
keepit wrote:
Harvey,
You didn't mention the source of your information. Just curious.

You have been given this information. RQAA.
keepit wrote:
By the way, the symptoms of covid19 aren't anywhere near the same as the common cold. Fever, shortness of breath for example don't occur with the common cold.

Fever and shortness of breath occurs with the common cold, dumbass.
keepit wrote:
It isn't the same virus either.

Doesn't have to be.
keepit wrote:
Read about it in wikipedia.

Not a valid source. False authority fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

20-06-2020 20:33
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Just a simple clue about the cold. "Cold" - no fever - cold.
You should quit spreading trash. People can die from misinformation. Take a look at tulsa in a few weeks.
Edited on 20-06-2020 21:14
20-06-2020 21:34
(3314)
Fevers can occur with a cold as well, silly green goober...

Do you know what a fever is and the purpose of it? (rhetorical question)
20-06-2020 22:09
(21582)
keepit wrote:
Just a simple clue about the cold. "Cold" - no fever - cold.
You should quit spreading trash. People can die from misinformation. Take a look at tulsa in a few weeks.

Semantics fallacy. Put your Holy Entrails away. They don't tell the future.

The Parrot Killer

20-06-2020 22:55
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
It's true that occasionally a person with a common cold has a fever but not as a rule. The point is that covid19 isn't a cold or a flu (influenza). It is its own thing and has to be viewed that way. The repercussions of covid19 are staggering. A cold isn't generally so.
Get real.
21-06-2020 00:29
(5196)
keepit wrote:
It's true that occasionally a person with a common cold has a fever but not as a rule. The point is that covid19 isn't a cold or a flu (influenza). It is its own thing and has to be viewed that way. The repercussions of covid19 are staggering. A cold isn't generally so.
Get real.

A fever is caused by your own immune system. It's one of the first signs of any kind of infection. Doesn't matter if it's viral or bacterial. Thought you studied this stuff. Instead of news articles, might try a book on Anatomy an Physiology. If you know how things work, you know when they are broke, and a little about what might need fixing. You'll also learn about stuff you need to stay healthy, and why. Been working for about 40 years now for me.

And yes, technically it's a cold. The vast majority of report cases, it doesn't migrate past the upper respiratory. You'll notice that almost nobody on TV calls it a flu, and never refer to it as a cold. Flu is a lie, and a cold isn't very motivational.
21-06-2020 01:18
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Harvey,
Where do you get this info about the vast majority of reported cases of covid19 doesn't get beyond the upper respiratory? This isn't a question about your speculation. It's about verifiable facts.
21-06-2020 01:37
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
keepit wrote:
Harvey,
Where do you get this info about the vast majority of reported cases of covid19 doesn't get beyond the upper respiratory? This isn't a question about your speculation. It's about verifiable facts.

keepit, how many people in your family died specifically from COVID-19?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
21-06-2020 01:46
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
IBD,
None. Covid19 has killed 1 in 300 people in the us. It would take a very large family to show a large probability of a death in a given family.
21-06-2020 02:07
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
keepit wrote: IBD,None.

I knew that, because no one has died from COVID-19.

The answer is the same for everyone: "Nobody in my family has died from COVID-19 ... but I have heard stories/rumors of others outside my family who have died from it."

Ergo, if nobody in anybody's family has died of COVID-19, what does that tell you?

keepit wrote: Covid19 has killed 1 in 300 people in the us.

Nope. COVID-19 might have been present in 1 in 300 people who have died (of other causes) in the US.

Nobody has died from COVID-19.

Nobody in anybody's family has died from COVID-19. Feel free to ask the same question I asked you to every person you encounter, the answer will be what I wrote above.

The whole COVID-19 thing is a hoax. Nothing but a hoax. And you are gullible.

Attached image:

21-06-2020 17:26
(5196)
keepit wrote:
Harvey,

You watch the news, read on the internet, but you only focus on the more interesting, and the focus of the main concern and studied. You probably are old, and in poor heath, scared silly. You don't seem to pay attention to the numbers published. Your entire focus, is on the 1% of the confirmed cases, in the hospitals, which are studied most closely, and reported on, for you to read, and obsess over. You simply have to open your eyes, to see that 97% of the confirmed positive test results, don't result in any sort of doctor intervention. They go home, self-quarantine (hopefully), and get over it in 5-7 days, like any other cold. Your focus, is only on the small number of people, concerned enough, to go to the hospital. It's entirely reasonable to expect the vast majority of health people, with cold symptoms, won't consider going to see a doctor, unless it takes longer to get over it, or the symptoms get much worse. Common cold, flu, and allergies didn't just stop, because of Covid-19. There are plenty of other causes of cold symptoms, besides Covid-19. Most normal people aren't hypochondriacs. Catching a case of the 'sniffles', occasionally, is just part of living. Nothing to get alarmed over, nothing to brown your underwear over.
21-06-2020 18:39
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Harvey,
You talk about being scared and panicking a lot. Why is that?
Me, i'm just trying to find any evidence that covid is just a cold. There are so many people that think that. Where do they get their evidence?
21-06-2020 22:20
(5196)
keepit wrote:
Harvey,
You talk about being scared and panicking a lot. Why is that?
Me, i'm just trying to find any evidence that covid is just a cold. There are so many people that think that. Where do they get their evidence?

Do you having personal experiences with Covid-19? Has anyone, around you, that you can talk to, face to face, even tested positive? I'm around a lot of people, ask the same question occasionally, and have had a single 'yes' yet. From work, I expect a few call-ins, and a few stories of relatives, friends, or neighbors. It's huge, scary, epidemic, after all.

Confirm positives, and hospitalization numbers confirm that it's not that deadly or dangerous. You can do that math in your head. If it were as deadly as implied, we'd see the guidelines enforced, without exception, not voluntary compliance. There isn't really anything that indicates the government is taking Covid-19 as anything more serious than a cold. It's disturbing, that it's being treated as the worst thing to hit the human population, since the beginning of time. Almost exclusively, the only people dying, are those who already in poor health. Many of those might have survived, had they gone to see a doctor sooner.
21-06-2020 22:44
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Harvey,
Thanks for your reply. Did you actually call a significant number of hospitals to collect data and was your inquiry properly conducted? Other than that i didn't see anything that tells me where you got information to conclude covid19 is only a cold.
Sorry to bug you but i need the information. Conjecture won't help.
In other words, what are your numbers and whee did you get them?
Edited on 21-06-2020 22:52
21-06-2020 22:54
(5196)
keepit wrote:
Harvey,
Thanks for your reply. Did you actually call a significant number of hospitals to collect data and was your inquiry properly conducted? Other than that i didn't see anything that tells me where you got information to conclude covid19 is only a cold.
Sorry to bug you but i need the information. Conjecture won't help.

I have no reason to look further, not even out of curiosity. I looked as far as needed, to know that there isn't any likelihood of actually catching it, or and even lesser chance I'll need to go to the hospital over it.

Go to your doctor, go to a hospital, ask questions. Talk to several people while you are there.
22-06-2020 00:21
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1035)
The case with covid19 is pretty simple to me. Almost instantly I thought to myself that nothing could be done to prevent this virus from spreading. It is an airborn virus , wind could take it hundreds of kilometers far away in a couple of hours. I did not have any faith in masks also. It is like catching the peas with a fishing net. It is also not possible to sit in the basement all the time because eventually you have to go to shopping ,unless you have gathered several tons of beef jerky for bad times. So overall there is nothing we could do to stop this virus spreading.
22-06-2020 04:50
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Reality check
One of my sons in laws, his aunt (80) got covid and it looks like she might survive in an LA hospital. It's real to me.
22-06-2020 10:34
(5196)
keepit wrote:
Reality check
One of my sons in laws, his aunt (80) got covid and it looks like she might survive in an LA hospital. It's real to me.

Did you get to speak to her, go visit in the hospital? Of course not. Likely never even met the woman, or even knew she even existed, until you got an email. It still comes down to it always being people you've never met before, can't actually go and talk to, face-to-face. It's a horrible pandemic, we must hide in the basement, wear mask all the time, yet, nobody in our immediate vicinity is getting sick and dying. I'm not saying that people aren't getting sick and dying, I'm just saying it's not the horrible, widespread pandemic being sold to us.
Page 1 of 212>

Join the debate Symptoms:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact