Remember me
▼ Content

Surrendering to fear brought us climate change denial and President Trump

Surrendering to fear brought us climate change denial and President Trump18-07-2017 21:27
Surface Detail
★★★★☆
(1673)
An interesting article by John Abraham, who I think posted here for a while.

His conclusion:

"So with respect to climate change, that puts the population into two groups. The first group (which I am part of) knows that there is a problem, wants to face it head on, and solve it together. The second group cannot bear to look the problem honestly in the face and finds it easier to deny its existence.

The same is true for Trump supporters. Many people are afraid. Afraid of change, afraid of the future, afraid of people who are not just like us, afraid of terrorism, just plain afraid. For those people it is so easy to buy the lie that the president will build a wall, bring the jobs back, stop the terrorism, and make everything perfect.

We know intellectually this is all false, but facts don't matter. Speaking to our fears is what matters. So, the psychological forces that bring people to deny climate change are, in my opinion, the same factors that bring people to support Trump. These factors don't mean climate deniers are stupid, nor are Trump supporters. It doesn't mean that they are bad people or immoral in any way. Rather, it tells me that their brain handles fear differently than mine and yours."
18-07-2017 22:33
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21599)
Surface Detail wrote:

His conclusion:

"So with respect to climate change, that puts the population into two groups. The first group (which I am part of) knows that there is a problem, wants to face it head on, and solve it together. The second group cannot bear to look the problem honestly in the face and finds it easier to deny its existence.

The same is true for Trump supporters. Many people are afraid. Afraid of change, afraid of the future, afraid of people who are not just like us, afraid of terrorism, just plain afraid. For those people it is so easy to buy the lie that the president will build a wall, bring the jobs back, stop the terrorism, and make everything perfect.

We know intellectually this is all false, but facts don't matter. Speaking to our fears is what matters. So, the psychological forces that bring people to deny climate change are, in my opinion, the same factors that bring people to support Trump. These factors don't mean climate deniers are stupid, nor are Trump supporters. It doesn't mean that they are bad people or immoral in any way. Rather, it tells me that their brain handles fear differently than mine and yours."

The Church of Global Warming has no intention of 'working together' with anyone but themselves. They council the taking of property (or at least control of property) so it can be 'managed' to 'save the world'.

You can't even DEFINE 'climate change'.

The world does not need 'saving'.

Your label of 'fear' is contrived. You do it to justify your Religion.

There is nothing to fear. Thievery is thievery. I stand against the thievery of those you support.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
19-07-2017 01:06
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
Surface Detail wrote:

His conclusion:

Tell us - how does John Abraham know ANYTHING "intellectually"? Do you know what qualifications he has? Do you know anything about him other than he wrote a hate piece that appeals to you?
19-07-2017 01:39
Surface Detail
★★★★☆
(1673)
Wake wrote:
Surface Detail wrote:

His conclusion:

Tell us - how does John Abraham know ANYTHING "intellectually"? Do you know what qualifications he has? Do you know anything about him other than he wrote a hate piece that appeals to you?

John Abraham (professor)

"John P. Abraham is an American engineering professor, known for his interest in climate science.

Abraham is professor of thermal and fluid sciences at the University of St. Thomas School of Engineering, Minnesota. His area of research includes thermodynamics, heat transfer, fluid flow, numerical simulation, and energy. After gaining his doctorate at the University of Minnesota in 2002, he joined St. Thomas as an adjunct instructor, later becoming a full-time member of the faculty. He has published over 200 papers in journals and conferences, and since 1997 has also been an engineering consultant working on industrial research in aerospace, biomedical, energy and manufacturing industries. He works on clean and renewable wind and solar projects in the developing world, and has also produced numerous books, such as a 2014 text on small-scale wind power and a 2010 groundbreaking text on laminar-to-turbulent fluid flow."
19-07-2017 01:59
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
Surface Detail wrote:
Wake wrote:
Surface Detail wrote:

His conclusion:

John Abraham (professor)

"John P. Abraham is an American engineering professor, known for his interest in climate science.

Abraham is professor of thermal and fluid sciences at the University of St. Thomas School of Engineering, Minnesota. His area of research includes thermodynamics, heat transfer, fluid flow, numerical simulation, and energy. After gaining his doctorate at the University of Minnesota in 2002, he joined St. Thomas as an adjunct instructor, later becoming a full-time member of the faculty. He has published over 200 papers in journals and conferences, and since 1997 has also been an engineering consultant working on industrial research in aerospace, biomedical, energy and manufacturing industries. He works on clean and renewable wind and solar projects in the developing world, and has also produced numerous books, such as a 2014 text on small-scale wind power and a 2010 groundbreaking text on laminar-to-turbulent fluid flow."

In other words he has no qualifications. A "full time instructor" is someone that can't do anything else in science. "Small scale wind power"? That is a model windmill kit that you buy from Amazon.

Laminar-to-turbulent fluid flow has NOTHING whatsoever to do with climate science. In case you're unaware of it (and I'm sure you are) this has to do with low speed vortices.

So with your usual aplomb you didn't know one F-ing thing about this guy. You like the hate he was slinging around because that's what you are. You had to look this guy up only when challenged because you're a liar.
19-07-2017 02:06
Surface Detail
★★★★☆
(1673)
Wake wrote:
Surface Detail wrote:
Wake wrote:
Surface Detail wrote:

His conclusion:

John Abraham (professor)

In other words he has no qualifications. A "full time instructor" is someone that can't do anything else in science. "Small scale wind power"? That is a model windmill kit that you buy from Amazon.

Laminar-to-turbulent fluid flow has NOTHING whatsoever to do with climate science. In case you're unaware of it (and I'm sure you are) this has to do with low speed vortices.

So with your usual aplomb you didn't know one F-ing thing about this guy. You like the hate he was slinging around because that's what you are. You had to look this guy up only when challenged because you're a liar.

It's rather ironic for you, probably the most abusive poster on this site, to talk about slinging hate around. How many people have you threatened violence towards or told to kill themselves today?
19-07-2017 02:13
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
Surface Detail wrote:
Wake wrote:
Surface Detail wrote:
Wake wrote:
Surface Detail wrote:

His conclusion:

John Abraham (professor)

It's rather ironic for you, probably the most abusive poster on this site, to talk about slinging hate around. How many people have you threatened violence towards or told to kill themselves today?

In the comfort of your anonymity I'm really sure that you are really worried that I might visit violence upon you. Are you so concerned that I say that you should kill yourself that you are likely to?

This is the sickness of you. You are entirely psychotic and you believe yourself to be normal.
19-07-2017 03:09
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2933)
The second group cannot bear to look the problem honestly in the face and finds it easier to deny its existence. The same is true for Trump supporters. Many people are afraid. Afraid of change, afraid of the future, afraid of people who are not just like us, afraid of terrorism.....

Seriously??

So let me see if I have this straight.

Trump and his supporters are afraid of global warming so they deny it's existence and do nothing.

Trump and his supporters are afraid of terrorism so they so they deny it's existence and do nothing.

Bombing, capturing, killing, and building walls is ignoring and doing nothing???? And believe it, if it weren't for RINO's like Susan Collins, there would be a wall going up right now.

We all know it's people like Mrs Abraham that are afraid and apologize and want open borders. "Come on in to our country, but please please don't come in my home and hurt me and my family". Yep, that's how you deal with terrorists head on. This puss is a puke.

Mrs Abraham has offered no solution to the "problems" and it is highly suspicious that she is promoting her puke green products that she is heavily invested in.
19-07-2017 05:36
StarMan
★☆☆☆☆
(88)
Surface Detail wrote:
///

Baldfaced lying is the metier of the Left. Promoting race warfare is killing many thousands. It is the reprehensible vehicle used by Democrats for decades. Promoting class warfare goes hand in glove, lie in mouth, with promoting race warfare by Democrats. The despicable conduct of the pervasively corrupt Democratic Party was demonstrated by the ouster of Debbie Wasserman Schulz, by the embarrassing cheating of the hideous woman who gave debate questions to Hillary The Crook.

Fear didn't cost Democrats 1,000 elected seats nationwide in the past 8 years. What cost Democrats 1,000 elected seats was the incompetence, the divisiveness of Barack Obama and his minions.

We know intellectually this is all false, but facts don't matter. (to Democrats, for sure.) //

These factors don't mean climate deniers are stupid, nor are Trump supporters. It doesn't mean that they are bad people or immoral in any way. Rather, it tells me that their brain handles fear differently than mine and yours."[/i]

I will say that Democrats are bad people AND immoral. What else can be said of a group which supports and promotes the butchering of 1,000,000 unborn infants every single year, which originated on a LIE that Norma McCorvey was "raped." She was not. Big lie. Today, unborn black infants are killed at about 6 times the rate of unborn white babies. Margaret Sanger's plan to eliminate blacks from the United States by founding Planned Parenthood is working and Hillary said "I'm a big fan of Margaret Sanger."

Ah yes, this lovely who refused to allow sanctions against Russia after a Russian company with much money at stake paid Bill "loathing the military" Clinton $500,000 for a speech. Hillary Clinton, who laughed as she boasted about getting the rapist of a 12-year-old girl "off with only 10 months in jail."

That rapist should have been hung, or shot, not given a slap on the wrist.
Nothing else needs to be known about the utter lack of character of Hillary the Crook and her crooked cronies.
19-07-2017 16:57
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2933)
Nothing else needs to be known about the utter lack of character of Hillary the Crook and her crooked cronies.

Honest people with good character bleach clean computers, remove SIM cards from phones wanted by the DOJ, and destroy other devices with hammers. Happens all the time. Wake up bro.
19-07-2017 17:15
StarMan
★☆☆☆☆
(88)
GasGuzzler wrote:

Honest people with good character bleach clean computers, remove SIM cards from phones wanted by the DOJ, and destroy other devices with hammers. Happens all the time. Wake up bro.

Hillary The Crook is not, and has NEVER been an "honest person" nor has she an ounce of "good character." When her *husband* was sexually assaulting women and taking advantage of a young White House intern, The Crook called them all vile names, called them liars.

And I am not, and will NEVER be your "bro". Get those things straight, if you can.
19-07-2017 17:33
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2933)
Hillary The Crook is not, and has NEVER been an "honest person" nor has she an ounce of "good character." When her *husband* was sexually assaulting women and taking advantage of a young White House intern, The Crook called them all vile names, called them liars.

And I am not, and will NEVER be your "bro". Get those things straight, if you can.

I do hope you know there was not an ounce of honesty in my post....

If I may quote the rapist himself......."better put some ice on that".
19-07-2017 18:40
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
StarMan wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

That was sarcasm Starman.

I finished being overwrought about Hillary when she lost. Think of it - everywhere the Democrats are losing. Congress - governors - mayors and even councilmen. And the basket cases that think of themselves as liberals claim that Hillary had a majority. In Detroit in the rapidly aborted "recount" in precincts all over the city the voter fraud for Hillary was unbelievable. In at least one precinct there were six times more votes for Hillary than they had registered voters. In my own precinct in California in the 2012 election virtually every voter was an illegal alien. This last election a couple of us put out the information that we were going to stand outside of the voting place and take pictures of everyone that entered to vote. Surprise of surprises - not one single person showed up that needed a translator.

It's pretty plain why Democrat liberals don't want voter ID. Then they wouldn't be able to corrupt the vote.

But I am extremely angry that Comey isn't being charged with breaking the law by not pressing charges against Hillary and I want Hillary charged for her corruption.
19-07-2017 23:12
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21599)
StarMan wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

Ooooh. A direct attack on the Democrats and what they've done. This is going to get noisy.

Stand your ground Starman! I stand with you on this one!

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
19-07-2017 23:24
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
StarMan wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:

There was nothing else on so I broke down and watched Charlie Rose. You really have to do that sometime in order to remember why you vote Republican. These bast-whatevers ACTUALLY think that the American people are fools and idiots that are manipulated by politicians. Certainly liberals are - that's what makes them liberals. But to the liberal leaders the people of the USA are stupid and they haven't the slightest compunction to saying so believing that if they use words with more than two syllables that we won't understand what they are saying.

Liberal Democrats are in the business of manipulation. They always have been. Now, this country absolutely needs two parties because we always have to have both sides of any argument. But the Democrats aren't into giving another side, they are in the business of telling us that the Republicans are wrong without a single argument against them.

What AGW is all about is just this - the more fear you can instill in a public the more easily you can manipulate them. That is why we have these True Believers here. Just by their comments you can see that they are manipulated as easily as puppets.

Even many of the anti-AGW people are just as easily manipulated into denying AGW in such an ignorant manner than they make their side the "deniers" and not those with science on their side.

If you want to have peace in this world you must learn to deny ANY liberal the chance to even open his mouth let alone run for public office. These people and this includes the overwhelming majority of the media are here because they KNOW without a doubt that they are smarter than you are. So just smile back at them and change the channel.
Edited on 19-07-2017 23:27
30-07-2017 01:16
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whienr badnight" bluffed: I stand with you on this one!

The Axis nations are jellin'.... agin!!

Join the debate Surrendering to fear brought us climate change denial and President Trump:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Do you think the Supreme Court will ban Trump6431-01-2024 22:27
The new President elect of Haagen Dazs, demonstrating an ice cream filled donut017-11-2023 14:07
How many of the unreleased FBI-Swan Interview files does Trump have?416-09-2023 03:05
How many of the unreleased FBI-JFK assassination files does Trump have?4513-09-2023 22:50
The deep state has a choice, destroy Trump, or help him get reelected113-09-2023 01:14
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact