Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
It does for people that are not stupid like you

A thermometer does not measure the temperature of the Earth.

Actually they are well tested and verified. Even you could use one, with a little training from your autistic coach

Mine does, yours may be broken.

Sure they do,...

So, is trolling...
Mantra 40a. SOL3

Perhaps...
Mantra 40a. SOL4

Would you troll the way that you do, if you had a real job?

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?

It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
05-05-2023 15:50
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14406)
Xadoman wrote:IBdaMann, why do you focus on the fact that emissivity can not be measured? That is quite irrelevant.

I already addressed this, and you ignored my question which would have made this all perfectly clear.

What is the area of a rectangle of length 74?

I await your answer.
05-05-2023 22:48
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21597)
Xadoman wrote:
Now we can sum up the 33K( caused by the inner core)+255K( caused by the sun) and we get the overall 288K .

Do you agree with that, IBdaMann?

Where are you, IBdaMann? Do you agree that the average temperature is the sum of internal and external heating? Do you agree, that the inner core contributes to the average surface temperature of earth?

Heat has no temperature.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
05-05-2023 22:50
(21597)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Actually they are well tested and verified. Even you could use one, with a little training from your autistic coach

Mine does, yours may be broken.

Sure they do,...

So, is trolling...
Mantra 40a. SOL3

Perhaps...
Mantra 40a. SOL4

Would you...
Mantra 1j. SOL5

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
05-05-2023 23:53
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1035)
IBdaMann , do you agree that the average temperature is the sum of internal and external energy? Do you agree, that the inner core contributes to the average surface temperature of earth?

33K - inner core
255K - the sun

288 - inner core + the sun

Do you agree with that?
06-05-2023 02:32
(21597)
Xadoman wrote:
IBdaMann , do you agree that the average temperature is the sum of internal and external energy? Do you agree, that the inner core contributes to the average surface temperature of earth?

33K - inner core
255K - the sun

288 - inner core + the sun

Do you agree with that?

Earth's temperature is the whole Earth's temperature. That includes the core, the seas, the atmosphere, everything.

There is no such thing as an average of an average.

The Parrot Killer

07-05-2023 03:18
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1035)
It seems that I also need to turn to AI to get some anwers:

a thought experiment
ChatGPT
Sure, I'm ready to assist you with your thought experiment. Please go ahead and provide the details or question related to the thought experiment, and I'll do my best to help you explore the concept.

User
earth , no atmosphere, no sun, only inner core

ChatGPT

Understood. In this thought experiment, we will consider a scenario where Earth has no atmosphere, no external source of energy (such as the Sun), and only the inner core as the heat source. We can explore the implications and make some assumptions based on these conditions.

The inner core of the Earth is primarily heated by residual heat from its formation and radioactive decay of elements. It radiates heat outward, which is then transferred to the surrounding layers of the Earth. Without the presence of an atmosphere, the heat transfer process and temperature distribution would be different from the actual Earth.

To proceed with the thought experiment, please let me know what specific aspect or calculation you would like to explore or discuss further.

User
how to calculate the surface temperature of earth

ChatGPT

To calculate the surface temperature of Earth in this thought experiment, we can use the concept of thermal equilibrium. In thermal equilibrium, the rate of heat radiated by the Earth's surface would equal the rate of heat generated by the inner core.

The power radiated by a blackbody can be calculated using the Stefan-Boltzmann Law:

Power = σ * A * T^4

Where:

Power is the radiated power (in watts),
σ is the Stefan-Boltzmann constant (approximately 5.67 x 10^-8 W/(m^2·K^4)),
A is the surface area of the Earth,
T is the temperature of the Earth's surface.
In this thought experiment, we assume that the power generated by the inner core is evenly distributed over the surface area of the Earth.

To calculate the surface temperature, we can rearrange the formula:

T = (Power / (σ * A))^0.25

Given that we don't have the exact power value of the inner core, we can make a hypothetical assumption or provide a rough estimate based on available information. However, it's important to note that this thought experiment involves simplifications and may not accurately represent the actual surface temperature of the Earth.

User
ok, lets do it. 6000 degrees celcius. You know the radius on inner core etc

ChatGPT

Certainly. Let's assume a hypothetical temperature of 6000 degrees Celsius for the inner core of the Earth. The radius of the inner core is estimated to be around 1220 kilometers (1.22 x 10^6 meters).

Using the Stefan-Boltzmann Law, we can calculate the surface temperature of the Earth in this thought experiment.

First, we need to calculate the power radiated by the inner core using the formula:

Power = 4 * π * R^2 * σ * T^4

Where:

Power is the radiated power,
π is a mathematical constant approximately equal to 3.14159,
R is the radius of the inner core,
σ is the Stefan-Boltzmann constant,
T is the temperature of the inner core.
Let's substitute the given values and calculate the power:

Power = 4 * π * (1.22 x 10^6)^2 * 5.67 x 10^-8 * (6000 + 273.15)^4

Power ≈ 2.69 x 10^25 watts

Now, we can calculate the surface temperature of the Earth by dividing this power over the surface area of the Earth:

Surface Temperature = (Power / (σ * A))^0.25

Surface Temperature ≈ (2.69 x 10^25 / (5.67 x 10^-8 * 4 * π * (6.37 x 10^6)^2))^0.25

Surface Temperature ≈ 385.55 Kelvin (or approximately 112.4 degrees Celsius)

Clearly something is wrong. It is 10 times too high.
07-05-2023 04:14
(21597)
Xadoman wrote:
It seems that I also need to turn to AI to get some anwers:

a thought experiment
ChatGPT
Sure, I'm ready to assist you with your thought experiment. Please go ahead and provide the details or question related to the thought experiment, and I'll do my best to help you explore the concept.

User
earth , no atmosphere, no sun, only inner core

ChatGPT

Understood. In this thought experiment, we will consider a scenario where Earth has no atmosphere, no external source of energy (such as the Sun), and only the inner core as the heat source. We can explore the implications and make some assumptions based on these conditions.

The inner core of the Earth is primarily heated by residual heat from its formation and radioactive decay of elements. It radiates heat outward, which is then transferred to the surrounding layers of the Earth. Without the presence of an atmosphere, the heat transfer process and temperature distribution would be different from the actual Earth.

To proceed with the thought experiment, please let me know what specific aspect or calculation you would like to explore or discuss further. You also gave it a random number to start with.

User
how to calculate the surface temperature of earth

ChatGPT

To calculate the surface temperature of Earth in this thought experiment, we can use the concept of thermal equilibrium. In thermal equilibrium, the rate of heat radiated by the Earth's surface would equal the rate of heat generated by the inner core.

The power radiated by a blackbody can be calculated using the Stefan-Boltzmann Law:

Power = σ * A * T^4

Where:

Power is the radiated power (in watts),
σ is the Stefan-Boltzmann constant (approximately 5.67 x 10^-8 W/(m^2·K^4)),
A is the surface area of the Earth,
T is the temperature of the Earth's surface.
In this thought experiment, we assume that the power generated by the inner core is evenly distributed over the surface area of the Earth.

To calculate the surface temperature, we can rearrange the formula:

T = (Power / (σ * A))^0.25

Given that we don't have the exact power value of the inner core, we can make a hypothetical assumption or provide a rough estimate based on available information. However, it's important to note that this thought experiment involves simplifications and may not accurately represent the actual surface temperature of the Earth.

User
ok, lets do it. 6000 degrees celcius. You know the radius on inner core etc

ChatGPT

Certainly. Let's assume a hypothetical temperature of 6000 degrees Celsius for the inner core of the Earth. The radius of the inner core is estimated to be around 1220 kilometers (1.22 x 10^6 meters).

Using the Stefan-Boltzmann Law, we can calculate the surface temperature of the Earth in this thought experiment.

First, we need to calculate the power radiated by the inner core using the formula:

Power = 4 * π * R^2 * σ * T^4

Where:

Power is the radiated power,
π is a mathematical constant approximately equal to 3.14159,
R is the radius of the inner core,
σ is the Stefan-Boltzmann constant,
T is the temperature of the inner core.
Let's substitute the given values and calculate the power:

Now, we can calculate the surface temperature of the Earth by dividing this power over the surface area of the Earth:

Surface Temperature = (Power / (σ * A))^0.25

Surface Temperature ≈ (2.69 x 10^25 / (5.67 x 10^-8 * 4 * π * (6.37 x 10^6)^2))^0.25

What is wrong is that you cannot use the Stefan-Boltzmann law to calculate temperature. It is also not even using the Stefan-Boltzmann law, even though it says it is. It is also ignoring heat by conduction and heat by convection.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 07-05-2023 04:21
07-05-2023 07:31
(14406)
Into the Night wrote:
Xadoman wrote:

What is wrong is that you cannot use the Stefan-Boltzmann law to calculate temperature. It is also not even using the Stefan-Boltzmann law, even though it says it is. It is also ignoring heat by conduction and heat by convection.

This is what is wrong: very bad math.

First, you should have checked the math. ChatGPT told you:

So I copy-pasted that value right back into ChatGPT and got this:

IBDaMann: 4 * π * (1.22 x 10^6)^2 * 5.67 x 10^-8 * (6000 + 273.15)^4

ChatGPT wrote:
Certainly! Using the order of operations (PEMDAS), I can simplify the expression you provided as follows:
4 * π * (1.22 x 10^6)^2 * 5.67 x 10^-8 * (6000 + 273.15)^4
= 4 * π * (1.22 x 10^6)^2 * 5.67 x 10^-8 * 6273.15^4
= 4 * π * 1.4884 x 10^12 * 5.67 x 10^-8 * 6.868 x 10^17
= 3.924 x 10^22

Therefore, the result of the calculation is approximately 3.924 x 10^22.

So, after we play "What's the correct POWER value?" ChatGPT totally screws up and says this:

The power radiated by a blackbody can be calculated using the Stefan-Boltzmann Law: Power = σ * A * T^4

This statement by itself is fine, but the Stefan-Boltzmann law addresses the surface of a blackbody, not the internal matter of the black body. What generates thermal energy, and thus heat, within the earth is the radioactive decay of the material, not the imaginary surface of an imaginary sphere drawn within the earth. The bad math that this generates is that for whatever TEMPERATURE value you assign, the POWER value increases as the imaginary radius increases. The POWER value of the earth's inner core should not depend on where you draw the imaginary surface of the inner core, but if you erroneously use Stefan-Boltzmann, that becomes the case.

Using the temperature of 6000C and an inner core radius of 1220 kilometers, ChatGPT says that the inner core power rating is 3.924 x 10^22 Watts.

However, if I decide to use an inner core radius of 1240 kilometers instead (a 1.6% increase), ChatGPT says that the inner core power rating is 4.887 x 10^22, which represents a 25% increase.
09-05-2023 00:19
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1035)
I found a blog where a very smart woman ( perfect math sat score, also an IT geek) makes an argument for geothermal energy. It seems to be greatly underrated:

https://phzoe.com/2019/12/04/the-case-of-two-different-fluxes/

In short summary, most climate scientists are clueless about the difference between CHF and CSR and therefore erroneously greatly underestimate the power of geothermal. It may even be the biggest scientific scandal of our time!

https://phzoe.com/2020/02/13/measuring-geothermal-a-revolutionary-hypothesis/

The so called greenhouse effect is nothing but an artifact of geothermal, flipped upside down.

You are sitting on a hot plate (Geothermal).

There is a heat lamp pointing down at you (Sun).

There are gases in between the lamp and the plate.

Mainstream climate scientists believe the surface temperature can only be explained by the heat lamp and the gases.

Yes, it "must" be the gases that make it hotter than what the heat lamp alone can do. It couldn't possibly have anything to do with the hot plate.

That's the retarded world of the greenhouse effect and its faux climatology we are living in. Luckily, readers of my blog know better

I have always thought that we can not ignore the giant oven with a sun like temperature inside the earth. I can not do the math but intuition tells me that it must contribute quite a lot to the overall energy budget that heats the earth.
Edited on 09-05-2023 00:46
09-05-2023 01:08
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1035)
She also explaines why venus is so hot. Also caused by geothermal. She also explaines the link between the air pressure and temperature. I never got why ideal gas law was brought into the discussion as this law is quite irrelevant since the temperature of the gas is not caused by the pressure but the pressure is caused by the temperature.

https://phzoe.com/2019/12/25/why-is-venus-so-hot/

There is indeed a link between pressure and temperature, but the cause is temperature to pressure. Gravitational Pressure is counterbalanced by Atmospheric Pressure – which is an outward force caused by kinetic energy (Temperature).

Pressure itself can only raise temperature once. Gravity wants to crush all the molecules to the surface, but Temperature (kinetic energy) won't let it.
09-05-2023 03:09
(21597)
Xadoman wrote:
I found a blog where a very smart woman ( perfect math sat score, also an IT geek) makes an argument for geothermal energy. It seems to be greatly underrated:

And now for some select quotations out of context:
Xadoman wrote:
In short summary, most climate scientists are clueless about the difference between CHF and CSR and therefore erroneously greatly underestimate the power of geothermal. It may even be the biggest scientific scandal of our time!

Climate isn't a science or branch of science.
Xadoman wrote:
The so called greenhouse effect is nothing but an artifact of geothermal, flipped upside down.

There is no 'greenhouse effect'.
Xadoman wrote:
[quote]You are sitting on a hot plate (Geothermal).

There is a heat lamp pointing down at you (Sun).

There are gases in between the lamp and the plate.

No gas or vapor has the capability to warm the Earth.
Xadoman wrote:
Mainstream climate scientists believe the surface temperature can only be explained by the heat lamp and the gases.

There is no such thing as 'mainstream' in science. Science does not use consensus and it has no politics.
Xadoman wrote:
Yes, it "must" be the gases that make it hotter than what the heat lamp alone can do. It couldn't possibly have anything to do with the hot plate.

That's the retarded world of the greenhouse effect and its faux climatology we are living in. Luckily, readers of my blog know better

At least here you start putting things in a bit of context.

Xadoman wrote:
I have always thought that we can not ignore the giant oven with a sun like temperature inside the earth. I can not do the math but intuition tells me that it must contribute quite a lot to the overall energy budget that heats the earth.

There is no such thing as an 'energy budget'.

The Parrot Killer

09-05-2023 03:11
(21597)
Xadoman wrote:
She also explaines why venus is so hot. Also caused by geothermal. She also explaines the link between the air pressure and temperature. I never got why ideal gas law was brought into the discussion as this law is quite irrelevant since the temperature of the gas is not caused by the pressure but the pressure is caused by the temperature.

https://phzoe.com/2019/12/25/why-is-venus-so-hot/

There is indeed a link between pressure and temperature, but the cause is temperature to pressure. Gravitational Pressure is counterbalanced by Atmospheric Pressure – which is an outward force caused by kinetic energy (Temperature).

Pressure itself can only raise temperature once. Gravity wants to crush all the molecules to the surface, but Temperature (kinetic energy) won't let it.

The ideal gas law does not apply here. Venus is not a closed container of a fixed volume.

The Parrot Killer

09-05-2023 03:51
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1035)
The ideal gas law does not apply here. Venus is not a closed container of a fixed volume.

From an older thread, IBdaMann aswered to me:

Xadoman wrote: Atmospheric pressure has no effect on temperature.

Yes it does. You have to be more careful with your wording.

Atmospheric pressure has no effect on a planet's (body's) average temperature but no planet's atmosphere is ever of uniform pressure and any local temperature fluctuates with pressure fluctuations ... which immediately either begin to either warm or cool until the next pressure fluctuation.

The atmosphere, which is fluid and which has substantial mass, moves thermal energy around for a far more even distribution and this naturally affects every single local temperature. The overall average temperature, however, remains exactly the same.

Remember, you can boil water until it freezes solid. Pressure definitely affects temperature per the Ideal Gas law but nothing can either create or destroy energy and the average temperature of the body/closed system remains the same.

Xadoman wrote: Venus is hot because it has a lot of internal energy that reaches to the surface.

Venus is hot because of its proximity to the sun ... and due to Venus' emissivity, whatever that value might be. Any given local temperature where there is atmosphere is definitely affected by the atmosphere which is far denser than earth's and creates a pressure-cooker/grill-iron effect in conjunction with the solid surface moreso than earth.

To wich you anwered:

Better worded.

Temperature is the cause of the pressure not vice a versa. Simple as that. Without temperature the gas would collapse onto the planet.
09-05-2023 04:41
(21597)
Xadoman wrote:

From an older thread, IBdaMann aswered to me:

Xadoman wrote: Atmospheric pressure has no effect on temperature.

Yes it does. You have to be more careful with your wording.

Atmospheric pressure has no effect on a planet's (body's) average temperature but no planet's atmosphere is ever of uniform pressure and any local temperature fluctuates with pressure fluctuations ... which immediately either begin to either warm or cool until the next pressure fluctuation.

The atmosphere, which is fluid and which has substantial mass, moves thermal energy around for a far more even distribution and this naturally affects every single local temperature. The overall average temperature, however, remains exactly the same.

Remember, you can boil water until it freezes solid. Pressure definitely affects temperature per the Ideal Gas law but nothing can either create or destroy energy and the average temperature of the body/closed system remains the same.

Xadoman wrote: Venus is hot because it has a lot of internal energy that reaches to the surface.

Venus is hot because of its proximity to the sun ... and due to Venus' emissivity, whatever that value might be. Any given local temperature where there is atmosphere is definitely affected by the atmosphere which is far denser than earth's and creates a pressure-cooker/grill-iron effect in conjunction with the solid surface moreso than earth.

To wich you anwered:

Better worded.

Temperature is the cause of the pressure not vice a versa. Simple as that. Without temperature the gas would collapse onto the planet.

Without thermal energy there is no planet or atmosphere.

The Parrot Killer

10-05-2023 10:50
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1035)
Here is another article about geothermal:

https://phzoe.com/2020/12/29/geothermal-denial/

This is a fictional planet. I did this on purpose to accentuate my point. The question here is: Why is the surface 1000°C?

Mainstream climate "scientists" would see the small geothermal heat flux (0.1 W/m²), ignore it, and conclude it must be because Solar + Atmosphere delivers 148,971 W/m² to the surface. It couldn't have anything to do with the 1010°C a hundred meters below the surface. Oh no, it can't be that!

But did I say this fantasy planet even has an atmosphere? What if not? The sun only delivers 165 W/m² ... Where's the rest of the energy coming from to make the surface 1000°C?

And if there is an atmosphere ... where did the atmosphere get 148,806 W/m² to give to the surface?

Climate cranks come to the rescue and claim that due to infrared absorbing gases in the atmosphere, the Sun's 165 W/m² gets auto-magically boosted to 148,971 W/m², because that 165 W/m² can't escape to space. You know what I have to say to that?

The Greenhouse Effect
Some people have serious problems accepting the truth: The surface here is 1000°C because it's 1010°C a hundred meters below the surface. Simple.

Now why is that so hard to accept? Ideological presupposition. That's why!

As you can see, the great underrating of geothermal enegry stems from the faulty heat flux comparison fallacy.
10-05-2023 15:46
(14406)
Xadoman wrote: Without temperature the gas would collapse onto the planet.

Without pressure, the gas would collapse onto the planet.

Xadoman wrote:Temperature is the cause of the pressure not vice a versa. Simple as that.

If you have a gas at a stable temperature, and you increase the pressure, what happens to the temperature?
Page 2 of 2<12

Join the debate Surface temperature of earth according to Boltzmann law:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Can we trust the satellite and surface-based temperature records?123-04-2024 16:21
Present temperature spike July '233127-09-2023 00:27
17 year old cyclist murdered, do not expect the law to investigate, as the cyclist is always at fault031-07-2023 22:23
Thou shalt not murder a tomato, this law has me in trouble213-05-2023 23:41
Greenhouse gases cool better and cause lower surface temperature of earth than non greenhouse gases310-05-2023 08:27
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact