Remember me
▼ Content

Start a petition to encourage climate change information

Start a petition to encourage climate change information25-02-2017 00:33
Tybird01
☆☆☆☆☆
(3)
I would like to say hello, this is my first thread here.

I am calling on all who believe in climate change to start a petition on change.org. It is relatively easy to do and can make a large impact. I hear a lot of back and forth about what will happen next and the current administration's stance on silencing science is highly concerning.
My goal with this thread is to get as many people as I can to find a government article published since president Trump took office, speaking out about climate change and or climate science and to start a petition directed at the leader of that agency. With the goal being that we thank that leader for his agency's work and encourage them to continue to speak up about climate change.
My thought is that any person in government who dares to speak out deserves to be applauded and encouraged to carry on.
25-02-2017 00:37
Tybird01
☆☆☆☆☆
(3)
https://www.change.org/p/bill-moritz-mi-dnr-director-tell-michigan-dnr-to-continue-speaking-about-climate-change?recruiter=29987921&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

This is my petition. Please sign and share yours here for others to sign. Thank you!
25-02-2017 00:43
Tybird01
☆☆☆☆☆
(3)
https://www.change.org/p/bill-moritz-mi-dnr-director-tell-michigan-dnr-to-continue-speaking-about-climate-change

This one is the right one
16-04-2019 14:31
paramount99
☆☆☆☆☆
(39)
We cannot and never will be in a position to change the climate - not in the way you think is possible. Climate has been what it always has been - climate, and nothing else. Possibly human activity has made maybe 0.2% of change outside natural circumstances, and nothing more. I've studied amongst other things earth climate going back almost to the beginning of the planets existence, and nothing much has changed because of human activity. The changes you believe (have been bamboozled into believing) are human caused have been going on back and forth way, way before any humans roamed the planet. In 1977 'experts' were telling us in Time magazine that the apocalypse was nearing and that an ice-age was almost upon us, simply because of some rather chilly/breezy weather we'd experienced in the 70s... These same 'experts' were also suggesting how we might survive this looming ice-age, and were directing us to where we could part with our hard-won cash to purchase ice-age surviving equipment and foodstuffs... Reminds me of all the global warming fear-mongering donations websites that have been regularly popping up like so many daffodils for the last 5 - 10 years or so. Let me tell you that there are such people and organisations (organised crime in many cases)out there that pray on anyone who cannot be bothered to research subjects like this global warming nonsense. Take my advice: chill out and do some yoga or such and stop worrying about how warm the last couple of summers might have been. You fancy an ice age as the alternative do you? You better buy some thick socks then...
16-04-2019 18:14
Jeffvw
★☆☆☆☆
(84)
Tybird01 wrote:
I would like to say hello, this is my first thread here.

I am calling on all who believe in climate change to start a petition on change.org. It is relatively easy to do and can make a large impact. I hear a lot of back and forth about what will happen next and the current administration's stance on silencing science is highly concerning.
My goal with this thread is to get as many people as I can to find a government article published since president Trump took office, speaking out about climate change and or climate science and to start a petition directed at the leader of that agency. With the goal being that we thank that leader for his agency's work and encourage them to continue to speak up about climate change.
My thought is that any person in government who dares to speak out deserves to be applauded and encouraged to carry on.

Welcome. I'm not sure what good speaking up about climate change will do, other than encourage people to throw money away on ineffective solutions to a potential problem.

If you go with the IPCC and accept that there is a climate sensitivity of 3.0 degrees C for a doubling of CO2, then the amount CO2 emissions required to make any difference is astronomical. It takes 6600 gigatons of CO2 to double atmospheric CO2 concentrations. The US emits about 5 gigatons of CO2/year.

If you can get the US to stop all CO2 emissions this year, you could reduce global temperature increase by 0.0033 degrees C. This would also destroy the economy and cause untold suffering. I would personally rather deal with the slight (unmeasurable) temperature increase. I will pay the extra fraction of a cent required for the extra 2 seconds of AC time, though I will probably make it up by not needing to heat an additional 2 seconds in the winter.

There are much better ways to use our resources, such as helping the poor or improving infrastructure.
Edited on 16-04-2019 18:17
16-04-2019 19:04
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5193)
Resurrection! This is a 2017 thread...

We've had hot periods throughout history, and survived just fine. The first 20 years, reach triple digits in the summer months weren't uncommon. Past 10 years or so, they use a heat index to bump it up a little, and even then it's rare to break 100 F. We got by just fine when the thermometer on the porch went over 100 F. Mid 90's is our normal/average, and it's a little hot, specially when you can't park your car in the shade. A few degrees don't scare me at all. Just can't imagine there will be scorch earth doomsday. I grew up out west, on the side of a mountain. We rarely saw 80 f in the summer, only once did it even come close to 90 F. I had no trouble adapting to Florida weather, really like the lack of ice and snow, or the rain storms that last weeks at a time, non-stop.

Join the debate Start a petition to encourage climate change information:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
$50,000 Reward For Information Leading to Convictions in Arizona Voting Conspiracy218-02-2024 00:27
30,000 SCIENTISTS SIGN PETITION ON GLOBAL WARMING, CLAIMING THAT THERE IS NO SETTLED SCIENCE202-11-2022 23:15
I The Savior Return With Some Important Information Knowledge Wisdom317-03-2022 18:38
People Must Start New Project To Share Solutions To End The COVID Event, Blaming Do Not Help221-11-2021 04:49
When is the "Warming" suppose to start?3611-12-2020 04:26
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact