Remember me
▼ Content

Spending



Page 1 of 4123>>>
Spending06-06-2019 01:06
keepit
★★★☆☆
(488)
You can't spend your way out of global warming. Spending money causes the production of CO2.
Don't forget, AGW is piggybacking on top of natural causes of GW making the sea level rise sooner and higher.
Edited on 06-06-2019 01:17
06-06-2019 01:20
HarveyH55
★★★★☆
(1173)
How many of these threads are you going to start? Ignorance is not knowing any better. Stupid, is failing, then doing the same thing over, failing again, and keep trying to do the exact same thing, expecting a different result. Don't you learn anything? Perpetual motion machines don't work either...
06-06-2019 01:24
keepit
★★★☆☆
(488)
More name calling.
There's a lot to say about global warming. It takes some time to say it.
06-06-2019 01:51
James___
★★★★☆
(1468)
HarveyH55 wrote:
How many of these threads are you going to start? Ignorance is not knowing any better. Stupid, is failing, then doing the same thing over, failing again, and keep trying to do the exact same thing, expecting a different result. Don't you learn anything? Perpetual motion machines don't work either...



Harvey55, you shouldn't talk about yourself that way. Have you talked to your doctor about these problems you're having? The Red Sox and even the Cubs have won the World Series. It's time to quit living in the past.
They didn't give up on winning the World Series because of years of futility. Maybe you should've been their coach?
06-06-2019 02:02
Into the Night
★★★★★
(9226)
keepit wrote:
You can't spend your way out of global warming.
Define 'global warming'.
keepit wrote:
Spending money causes the production of CO2.
There is no problem with CO2.
keepit wrote:
Don't forget, AGW is piggybacking on top of natural causes of GW making the sea level rise sooner and higher.

You are mindlessly chanting.


The Parrot Killer
06-06-2019 02:04
Into the Night
★★★★★
(9226)
keepit wrote:
More name calling.
There's a lot to say about global warming. It takes some time to say it.

You are not saying anything. You are chanting. Argument by repetition is a fallacy.


The Parrot Killer
06-06-2019 02:28
HarveyH55
★★★★☆
(1173)
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
How many of these threads are you going to start? Ignorance is not knowing any better. Stupid, is failing, then doing the same thing over, failing again, and keep trying to do the exact same thing, expecting a different result. Don't you learn anything? Perpetual motion machines don't work either...



Harvey55, you shouldn't talk about yourself that way. Have you talked to your doctor about these problems you're having? The Red Sox and even the Cubs have won the World Series. It's time to quit living in the past.
They didn't give up on winning the World Series because of years of futility. Maybe you should've been their coach?


Now that's one silly analogy, baseball is a sport, all teams do the same things, some are just better it, and win. Baseball players are also human beings, which aren't perfect, and make mistakes, sometimes costing the game.

I've never real 'had' a doctor, I only use their services, when I'm seriously injured, which has been very rare. My last doctor, performed my abdominal surgery (appendix ruptured), did a fine job, recovered quickly. That was last August (2018). Before that, I broke my foot at work, December 2003. Don't remember any of the names, not so pleased with their services. Doubt my foot was actually broken. After 3-4 weeks, it was just a little stiff and sore, but no bad pain. Most definitely didn't need 12 weeks. There was nothing obvious showing on any X-ray, just the swelling, and nature of the injury. Workman's Comp, so it wasn't a big deal. 1989, I had a deep cut on my forearm, blood every where. Little concerned about a major vessel, and bleeding to death. Showed up at the emergency room, blood soaked towel wrap around my arm, dripping on their floor. Had to take a seat, fill out forms, wait some more. Dude with a stubbed toe, they took right in... By the time I finally got to see someone, it had stopped bleeding on it's own. Got 5 stitches, removed them myself about a week later. That's pretty much my adult medical history, and all the doctors I've seen. My mental health has never come into question, outside of the internet, by people hardly qualified, and have some serious issues of their own.
06-06-2019 02:35
HarveyH55
★★★★☆
(1173)
Into the Night wrote:
keepit wrote:
More name calling.
There's a lot to say about global warming. It takes some time to say it.

You are not saying anything. You are chanting. Argument by repetition is a fallacy.


So says the Chant Master, need a list? You commonly use the same phrases, multiple times in the same post, dozens of times in most every thread. I know that I have a person problem with repetition, but understand it's my problem. Also understand why people use it, mostly to annoy other people. I get it the first time, either agree or not, repeating it, is going to change my opinion, I remember quite well.
06-06-2019 03:00
Into the Night
★★★★★
(9226)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
keepit wrote:
More name calling.
There's a lot to say about global warming. It takes some time to say it.

You are not saying anything. You are chanting. Argument by repetition is a fallacy.


So says the Chant Master, need a list? You commonly use the same phrases, multiple times in the same post, dozens of times in most every thread.
Because I am responding to the same chants. It is not me that is chanting. I am simply quoting the same theories of science that are ignored, the same math that is ignored, the same fallacies that people use, etc.
Theories of science don't change. Mathematics is a closed functional system. The rules for statistical mathematics don't change. Logic is a closed functional system. The logic that people here are ignoring rarely changes. They just keep using the same fallacies while they chant.

Fallacy fallacy.

HarveyH55 wrote:
I know that I have a person problem with repetition, but understand it's my problem.
Actually, you generally don't. You present actual arguments. You are not mindlessly chanting.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Also understand why people use it, mostly to annoy other people.
Not why a fundamentalist uses it. They use it to a) solidify their belief, and b) to attempt to force that belief upon others.
HarveyH55 wrote:
I get it the first time, either agree or not, repeating it, is going to change my opinion, I remember quite well.

That you do. I commend you for it.


The Parrot Killer
07-06-2019 01:11
James___
★★★★☆
(1468)
The 2 of you are describing resonant frequency. When 2 objects interact they can emit a sound that resonates through atmospheric gases. Kudos to the 2 of you for such an example of how 2 mediums can interact. I just wonder if infrared frequencies interacted with something if they could resonate causing a compound or domino effect?
The 2 of you are simply brilliant at show how infrared wavelengths could cause CO2 molecules to resonate it's behaviours through other smaller, lesser molecules in our atmosphere. That is what the 2 of you desire to illustrate, right?
Who knows, if you guys keep it up I might buy into your argument that CO2 is causing global warming.
07-06-2019 01:18
keepit
★★★☆☆
(488)
I'm sorry to regress into simpler arguments but i can't get away from the fact that the ice is melting and clouds (water vapor) hold in heat, the transfer of energy from earth (the dirt and rock) to outer space. The same with CO2.
It just does happen and is happening.
07-06-2019 02:08
Into the Night
★★★★★
(9226)
James___ wrote:
The 2 of you are describing resonant frequency. When 2 objects interact they can emit a sound that resonates through atmospheric gases. Kudos to the 2 of you for such an example of how 2 mediums can interact. I just wonder if infrared frequencies interacted with something if they could resonate causing a compound or domino effect?
The 2 of you are simply brilliant at show how infrared wavelengths could cause CO2 molecules to resonate it's behaviours through other smaller, lesser molecules in our atmosphere. That is what the 2 of you desire to illustrate, right?
Who knows, if you guys keep it up I might buy into your argument that CO2 is causing global warming.

Word salad. You are really good at wandering disconnected thoughts and buzzwords, James.


The Parrot Killer
07-06-2019 02:11
Into the Night
★★★★★
(9226)
keepit wrote:
I'm sorry to regress into simpler arguments
No problem.
keepit wrote:
but i can't get away from the fact that the ice is melting
No, it isn't.
keepit wrote:
and clouds (water vapor) hold in heat,
Clouds are not water vapor, and they do not hold in heat. It is not possible to hold or trap heat.
keepit wrote:
the transfer of energy from earth (the dirt and rock) to outer space.
Clouds don't affect that at all.
keepit wrote:
The same with CO2.
CO2 does not affect that at all.
keepit wrote:
It just does happen and is happening.

It can't. You are still trying to ignore the Stefan-Boltzmann law.


The Parrot Killer
07-06-2019 02:27
keepit
★★★☆☆
(488)
On the other hand don't ignore things that are easy to see.
It is well documented that arctic sea ice is melting and greenland ice sheet is shrinking.
I know, i know, melting icebergs in the arctic don't increase sea level. I mention it as evidence that the temp is rising.
I'm concerned about tipping points, namely the Ross Ice Shelf, which is not floating ice!
07-06-2019 02:37
Into the Night
★★★★★
(9226)
keepit wrote:
On the other hand don't ignore things that are easy to see.

Yet you ignore the equations describing the Stefan-Boltzmann law, and the 1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics, yet they are quite easy to see.
keepit wrote:
It is well documented that arctic sea ice is melting
No, it isn't. The winter ice extent at both poles has been increasing for the past several years. In 2014, the ice extent (the area of ice) reached a record high, the highest ever recorded. There was more ice than had ever been seen in the Antarctic. These are records on file at the snow and ice data center in Boulder, CO.
keepit wrote:
and greenland ice sheet is shrinking.
No, it isn't. If it was, there would be huge river in northwest Greenland. There isn't.
keepit wrote:
I know, i know, melting icebergs in the arctic don't increase sea level. I mention it as evidence that the temp is rising.

It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth.
keepit wrote:
I'm concerned about tipping points,
There is no magick 'tipping point'.
keepit wrote:
namely the Ross Ice Shelf, which is not floating ice!

Yes it is.


The Parrot Killer
07-06-2019 02:42
James___
★★★★☆
(1468)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
The 2 of you are describing resonant frequency. When 2 objects interact they can emit a sound that resonates through atmospheric gases. Kudos to the 2 of you for such an example of how 2 mediums can interact. I just wonder if infrared frequencies interacted with something if they could resonate causing a compound or domino effect?
The 2 of you are simply brilliant at show how infrared wavelengths could cause CO2 molecules to resonate it's behaviours through other smaller, lesser molecules in our atmosphere. That is what the 2 of you desire to illustrate, right?
Who knows, if you guys keep it up I might buy into your argument that CO2 is causing global warming.

Word salad. You are really good at wandering disconnected thoughts and buzzwords, James.



Elmer, did you see a wascally wabbit again?
07-06-2019 02:49
keepit
★★★☆☆
(488)
Into the Night wrote:
keepit wrote:
On the other hand don't ignore things that are easy to see.

Yet you ignore the equations describing the Stefan-Boltzmann law, and the 1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics, yet they are quite easy to see.
keepit wrote:
It is well documented that arctic sea ice is melting


No, it isn't.
This is where one of us is sipping the wrong Koolaid. I haven't been there but i've seen satellite photos.

The winter ice extent at both poles has been increasing for the past several years.

The winter ice in Antarctica is increasing i know because it is so cold there that it just builds up (even though the temp is increasing).

In 2014, the ice extent (the area of ice) reached a record high, the highest ever recorded. There was more ice than had ever been seen in the Antarctic. These are records on file at the snow and ice data center in Boulder, CO.

Of course i'm not questioning the land ice in the antarctic.


keepit wrote:
and greenland ice sheet is shrinking.
No, it isn't. If it was, there would be huge river in northwest Greenland. There isn't.
keepit wrote:
I know, i know, melting icebergs in the arctic don't increase sea level. I mention it as evidence that the temp is rising.

It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth.

I'm not talking about measuring the temp in the strictest (with thermometers), just talking about melting ice.

keepit wrote:
I'm concerned about tipping points,
There is no magick 'tipping point'.
I'm not talking about magic. I'm just speculating about what will happen if Ross breaks off.
As i understand it most of Ross is on land with supporting ice actually touching the sea but suspended to a certain extent by the connection to the remainder of ross. The part that is touching the sea is being warmed by warmer ocean temps
(i know, it is a supposition based on evidence of warming) and if it melts too much the support for the rest of ross will fail and collapse into the sea (tipping point, no pun intended).
keepit wrote:
namely the Ross Ice Shelf, which is not floating ice!

Yes it is.


One of us sipping the wrong koolaid on this one. If ross is floating, why is it called a shelf? How can something be a floating land ice mass?
Edited on 07-06-2019 02:55
07-06-2019 03:00
keepit
★★★☆☆
(488)
Isn't the ice in greenland melting into an underground river. I could easily be sipping koolaid on this one.
07-06-2019 03:27
James___
★★★★☆
(1468)
keepit wrote:
Isn't the ice in greenland melting into an underground river. I could easily be sipping koolaid on this one.



It is. With itn, his kool-aid is Rustoleum.
07-06-2019 03:28
keepit
★★★☆☆
(488)
I figured it out ITN. You're not trying to sell gas and oil with this antiglobal warming thing. You're trying to sell sensors. Millions and millions of sensors to measure accurately the temp of the earth!!!
Just a little friendly razzing.
However, maybe you could really promote the sale of temp sensors to global warming believers. Then you could make extra millions and then you wouldn't have to try to steal my medicare funding. Just friendly razzing.
By the way, wiki says that medicare is a trust fund.
Help, I can't stop razzing.
Edited on 07-06-2019 03:29
07-06-2019 03:31
Into the Night
★★★★★
(9226)
keepit wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
keepit wrote:
On the other hand don't ignore things that are easy to see.

Yet you ignore the equations describing the Stefan-Boltzmann law, and the 1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics, yet they are quite easy to see.
keepit wrote:
It is well documented that arctic sea ice is melting


No, it isn't.
This is where one of us is sipping the wrong Koolaid. I haven't been there but i've seen satellite photos.

The winter ice extent at both poles has been increasing for the past several years.

The winter ice in Antarctica is increasing i know because it is so cold there that it just builds up (even though the temp is increasing).

In 2014, the ice extent (the area of ice) reached a record high, the highest ever recorded. There was more ice than had ever been seen in the Antarctic. These are records on file at the snow and ice data center in Boulder, CO.

Of course i'm not questioning the land ice in the antarctic.


keepit wrote:
and greenland ice sheet is shrinking.
No, it isn't. If it was, there would be huge river in northwest Greenland. There isn't.
keepit wrote:
I know, i know, melting icebergs in the arctic don't increase sea level. I mention it as evidence that the temp is rising.

It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth.

I'm not talking about measuring the temp in the strictest (with thermometers), just talking about melting ice.

keepit wrote:
I'm concerned about tipping points,
There is no magick 'tipping point'.
I'm not talking about magic. I'm just speculating about what will happen if Ross breaks off.
As i understand it most of Ross is on land with supporting ice actually touching the sea but suspended to a certain extent by the connection to the remainder of ross. The part that is touching the sea is being warmed by warmer ocean temps
(i know, it is a supposition based on evidence of warming) and if it melts too much the support for the rest of ross will fail and collapse into the sea (tipping point, no pun intended).
keepit wrote:
namely the Ross Ice Shelf, which is not floating ice!

Yes it is.


One of us sipping the wrong koolaid on this one. If ross is floating, why is it called a shelf? How can something be a floating land ice mass?


It is called a shelf because it is floating.


The Parrot Killer
07-06-2019 03:32
Into the Night
★★★★★
(9226)
James___ wrote:
keepit wrote:
Isn't the ice in greenland melting into an underground river. I could easily be sipping koolaid on this one.



It is. With itn, his kool-aid is Rustoleum.


Heh. Only Kool-Aid makes Kool-Aid James.


The Parrot Killer
07-06-2019 03:34
keepit
★★★☆☆
(488)
I thought it was called a shelf because it was precariously hanging on a downhill slope of land, supported by a portion of the ice that was immersed in water but supported by the land based portion.
Edited on 07-06-2019 03:36
07-06-2019 03:39
Into the Night
★★★★★
(9226)
keepit wrote:
I figured it out ITN. You're not trying to sell gas and oil with this antiglobal warming thing. You're trying to sell sensors. Millions and millions of sensors to measure accurately the temp of the earth!!!
Just a little friendly razzing.

I couldn't make that many thermometers. All the instrument makers combined couldn't make that many thermometers.
keepit wrote:
However, maybe you could really promote the sale of temp sensors to global warming believers.

Nah. You want 'em cheap. May I suggest the local WalMart? They sell some nice thermometers.
keepit wrote:
Then you could make extra millions and then you wouldn't have to try to steal my medicare funding. Just friendly razzing.

Nah. The government will just take it to pay for your medicare.
keepit wrote:
By the way, wiki says that medicare is a trust fund.
Help, I can't stop razzing.

The word 'wiki' itself is actually a Hawaiian word. It means 'fast' or 'hurry'.

Hiki ke hoʻohaʻahaʻa i kou naʻau me ke oluʻolu.


The Parrot Killer
Edited on 07-06-2019 03:44
07-06-2019 03:40
Into the Night
★★★★★
(9226)
keepit wrote:
I thought it was called a shelf because it was precariously hanging on a downhill slope of land, supported by a portion of the ice that was immersed in water but supported by the land based portion.


Nope. It's floating. Ice actually has poor tensile strength. Hanging like you describe would've broken off long ago.


The Parrot Killer
Edited on 07-06-2019 03:41
07-06-2019 03:58
keepit
★★★☆☆
(488)
I just read a few articles about the ross ice shelf. The ones i read aren't quite as alarmed as me (i feel so much better now). Ross is supporting land based glaciers but it isn't in as imminent danger as i had heard. Someone could come up with a different study though.
This doesn't mean the planet isn't warming.
07-06-2019 05:03
Into the Night
★★★★★
(9226)
keepit wrote:
I just read a few articles about the ross ice shelf. The ones i read aren't quite as alarmed as me (i feel so much better now). Ross is supporting land based glaciers but it isn't in as imminent danger as i had heard. Someone could come up with a different study though.
This doesn't mean the planet isn't warming.


The only way Earth could be warming is if the output of the Sun is increasing.


The Parrot Killer
07-06-2019 05:33
IBdaMann
★★★★★
(4611)
keepit wrote: I'm sorry to regress into simpler arguments but i can't get away from the fact that the ice is melting ...

You seem completely able to get away from the fact that the ice is forming.

keepit wrote: and clouds (water vapor) hold in heat, the transfer of energy from earth (the dirt and rock) to outer space.

The clouds are part of the earth. You seem to insist on forgetting this.

The same with atmospheric CO2.

The same with the fish in the ocean.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
07-06-2019 05:34
IBdaMann
★★★★★
(4611)
keepit wrote: Isn't the ice in greenland melting into an underground river. I could easily be sipping koolaid on this one.

Any Greenland ice that melts quickly refreezes.

Greenland ice is accumulating, not disappearing.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
07-06-2019 05:48
IBdaMann
★★★★★
(4611)
keepit wrote: It is well documented that arctic sea ice is melting and greenland ice sheet is shrinking.

Bigfoot, UFOs and the Loch Ness Monster are well documented too.

The glory of Jesus Christ is well documented.

The troubled history of the Noldor is well documented.

keepit wrote: I know, i know, melting icebergs in the arctic don't increase sea level. I mention it as evidence that the temp is rising.

Which temperature?

keepit wrote: I'm concerned about tipping points, namely the Ross Ice Shelf, which is not floating ice!

From the MANUAL

Tipping Point: noun
In Global Warming Settled Science, the point at which Climate will be forced to recreate the Christian "Great Flood" by the end of the century, i.e. oceans will rise 15 cubits, extreme weather will kill all life on the planet, there will be a big rainbow afterwards, etc..


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
07-06-2019 05:52
IBdaMann
★★★★★
(4611)
Into the Night wrote:Hiki ke hoʻohaʻahaʻa i kou naʻau me ke oluʻolu.

That's easy for you to say.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
07-06-2019 05:56
IBdaMann
★★★★★
(4611)
Into the Night wrote:The only way Earth could be warming is if the output of the Sun is increasing.

The only way Earth could be warming is if the input from the Sun is increasing.

The sun's output can remain constant but the earth's orbital distance could decrease, thus increasing the input from the sun whose output hasn't changed.


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
07-06-2019 06:34
Into the Night
★★★★★
(9226)
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:The only way Earth could be warming is if the output of the Sun is increasing.

The only way Earth could be warming is if the input from the Sun is increasing.

The sun's output can remain constant but the earth's orbital distance could decrease, thus increasing the input from the sun whose output hasn't changed.


Quite true. Our perihelion does mean the southern hemisphere gets more intense summer temperatures then the northern hemisphere since it occurs during our winter. Our winters are milder as well.

At aphelion, Earth is moving a tad slower, and occurs during our summer, making our summers longer and milder, and the southern hemisphere's winters longer and colder.

The Earth's orbit is nearly circular, so the difference is small, but it is there.

From year to year, though, the sun's output is the major factor, simply because of the periodic nature of our orbit.

I don't think it's worth speculating moving Earth out of its orbit.


The Parrot Killer
Edited on 07-06-2019 06:40
07-06-2019 06:39
Into the Night
★★★★★
(9226)
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:Hiki ke hoʻohaʻahaʻa i kou naʻau me ke oluʻolu.

That's easy for you to say.


It's as easy as pronouncing Hawaii's State fish. It's a cute little thing, about 2-3 inches in length, and rather pretty. The word for it is longer than the fish (assuming a readable font).


The Parrot Killer
Edited on 07-06-2019 06:39
07-06-2019 10:00
keepit
★★★☆☆
(488)
From what i read ice is melting faster than it is forming except in antarctica.
But, if the various ice shelf in antarctica melt and the antarctic glaciers flow that would be bad.
07-06-2019 10:19
keepit
★★★☆☆
(488)
Into the Night wrote:
keepit wrote:
I just read a few articles about the ross ice shelf. The ones i read aren't quite as alarmed as me (i feel so much better now). Ross is supporting land based glaciers but it isn't in as imminent danger as i had heard. Someone could come up with a different study though.
This doesn't mean the planet isn't warming.


The only way Earth could be warming is if the output of the Sun is increasing.


The earth retains heat locally and temporarily when there is cloud cover.
07-06-2019 11:29
HarveyH55
★★★★☆
(1173)
keepit wrote:
I just read a few articles about the ross ice shelf. The ones i read aren't quite as alarmed as me (i feel so much better now). Ross is supporting land based glaciers but it isn't in as imminent danger as i had heard. Someone could come up with a different study though.
This doesn't mean the planet isn't warming.


Call it a revelation... Al Gore's movie, and the IPCC reports of similar non-evidence. If you look into them a little closer, you'll find that they take normal, common things that happen every year, and spin it into a 'sign'. Ice melts in warmer weather, like during the summer months, but freezes, or is added to during the cold seasons. The only tell one part of most everything. Anything they can use to sell 'global warming', which is a season thing, happens every year.

Ice core samples mean nothing, CO2 isn't trapped in ice, it moves freely as do most other gasses. Ice melts every year, no way of knowing which years more ice melted, than was replaced. Nothing to compare or correlate with, maybe tree growth rings? Lot of things effect annual growth, you can tell the basic age of a tree, little else. There are a lot of other this misused, or misrepresented. Some are pretty easy to spot, others you have to dig. Lot's of unanswered questions, because some of the key papers cited are behind a paywall, which after reading several others cited that were free, and basically useless, you aren't willing to pay to read.

Ice melts every year, big chunks break off and float around every year, been a boat hazzard for as long as there of been boats on the ocean. Remember the Titanic? That was only one of many, remembered most because it was designed and built specifically to be unsinkable if it hit a chunk of ice, which it did anyway.

All the signs of global warming having been happening all along, some years are worse than others. We go through periods, where these things are hardly noticeable, other years are tragic. It's natural, and nothing unusual, unless you want to believe differently. Unfortunately, not as many people read or study anymore, they simply watch TV, and believe.
07-06-2019 15:32
IBdaMann
★★★★★
(4611)
keepit wrote:The earth retains heat locally and temporarily when there is cloud cover.

What do you mean by "heat"? Do you mean something other than a flow of thermal energy?

What do you mean by "retains"? Do you mean thermal energy ceases to flow freely per Stefan-Boltzmann?


Global Warming: The preferred religion of the scientifically illiterate.

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
07-06-2019 18:26
keepit
★★★☆☆
(488)
Maybe my scientific terminology gets a little sloppy, sorry.
Anyway, by heat and retain i meant that the temp stays higher than it would if there were no thermal insulator.
07-06-2019 19:00
Into the Night
★★★★★
(9226)
keepit wrote:
From what i read ice is melting faster than it is forming except in antarctica.

What you are reading it wrong.
keepit wrote:
But, if the various ice shelf in antarctica melt and the antarctic glaciers flow that would be bad.

The amount of additional energy required to melt that much ice is tremendous. That much additional energy would roast the equator to a cinder.

The ice is not melting. Don't panic.


The Parrot Killer
Page 1 of 4123>>>





Join the debate Spending:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
working and spending8422-08-2019 05:46
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2019 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact