Remember me
▼ Content

SpaceX Falcon Heavy launch

SpaceX Falcon Heavy launch12-04-2019 04:50
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5192)
Another successful launch today, and I could help but think it ironic that a greener car maker, is also launching a CO2 producing rocket. Not sure how much CO2 is produced, but they hope to launch often. The Falcon Heavy uses kerosene as fuel, least in the boosters, which would be that burns inside the atmosphere.

Not sure if I really understand the logic, we are encourage to stop driving gas cars, buy electric, to save the planet. But, buying electric, helps to fund large rocket launches, that burn the bad fuel, that destroys the planet. What's the point in going electric, if somebody else is going to burn the gas anyway?

It seems like they should be giving away the electric cars, to offset the CO2 they release every launch. Wonder if they'd give me a car for suggesting it. I mean, wouldn't be great PR, if Musk gave away the number of Tesla's it would take to offset each launch. Show's the care, and doing their part, plus it get's those cars out on the road, and happy customers (it was free). Can't buy advertising like that, and more effective than paid ads.
12-04-2019 19:55
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21552)
Electric cars still put out CO2. Remember that power plant you are plugging into for most cases?
Electric trains still put out CO2. They need power plants too.

There is nothing wrong with CO2 in the atmosphere.
Edited on 12-04-2019 19:56
13-04-2019 18:10
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14366)
Into the Night wrote:
Electric cars still put out CO2. Remember that power plant you are plugging into for most cases?

I was proud of my daughter yesterday. I regained some hope for humanity.

She saw a Tesla with a vanity plate "Z3RO CO2" (I had not noticed it).

She put her head in her hands and said to her friend "My god, look at that Tesla."
Her friend exclaimed "Oh no, not another one of THOSE drivers on the road!"
They then started to teenage girl-speak about annoying Climate Changers.

I thought "Wow! I hadn't said anything!" It totally made my day.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
13-04-2019 20:26
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21552)
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

I was proud of my daughter yesterday. I regained some hope for humanity.

She saw a Tesla with a vanity plate "Z3RO CO2" (I had not noticed it).

She put her head in her hands and said to her friend "My god, look at that Tesla."
Her friend exclaimed "Oh no, not another one of THOSE drivers on the road!"
They then started to teenage girl-speak about annoying Climate Changers.

I thought "Wow! I hadn't said anything!" It totally made my day.

Bet it did! I see it happen more and more too. Even kids from Climate Changers for parents are realizing their parents are nuts, the crap they teach in school on it is nuts, and are leaving the religion.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan

Join the debate SpaceX Falcon Heavy launch:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
AI banned from nuclear launch decisions, after Google creates self-aware computer program129-04-2023 20:43
Gravity because it's a heavy subject022-10-2019 08:44
SUV Submerged after days of heavy rain in Florida!415-06-2019 02:18
Climate change will make it harder to predict heavy rain and floods215-03-2019 23:24
Even My Dog needs a Beer (Bud heavy, no Litebeer)623-09-2017 03:58
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact