Remember me
▼ Content

Some import climate change issue

Some import climate change issue12-08-2013 17:00
mrkhalidiwfm
☆☆☆☆☆
(1)
question 01:-
How can I Assess the impact of climate change for any areas and assist in designing climate resilient infrastructure?

question 02:-
How can I Determine the expected discharge for average and wet years and the consequences for flood control identifying command areas?

Please answer me if any expert here.
31-10-2015 21:35
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21582)
mrkhalidiwfm wrote:
How can I Assess the impact of climate change for any areas and assist in designing climate resilient infrastructure?

How can I Determine the expected discharge for average and wet years and the consequences for flood control identifying command areas?

This is historical precipitation data from the Prairi du Chien NOAA weather station in your area.
http://cdiac.ornl.gov/cgi-bin/broker?id=476827&_PROGRAM=prog.gplot_boxtclim_mon_yr2014.sas&_SERVICE=default&param=PRECIPRAW&minyear=1836&maxyear=2014

This is the historical temperature data from the same station.
http://cdiac.ornl.gov/cgi-bin/broker?id=476827&_PROGRAM=prog.gplot_meanclim_mon_yr2014.sas&_SERVICE=default&param=TMEANRAW&minyear=1836&maxyear=2014

This station has been operating since 1885. As you can see by both charts, there has been no significant change in either temperature or precipitation in your area since then.

To answer the second half of both questions, especially for choosing forward command posts to handle flood control, may I suggest a careful review of topographic maps in the area of concern. Some of that information is also available through geological mapping sources at your local survey offices. In particular note the stability of slopes in the area near access roads.

Hope this helps.
01-11-2015 08:06
Ceist
★★★☆☆
(592)
mrkhalidiwfm wrote:

I noticed your questions are copied and pasted from:

http://www.lged.gov.bd/UploadedDocument/Tender/ProcurementHQTenders/4/277/259/CCRIP_EOI_Individual_Consultant.htm

If you are wanting help to submit a tender as an "expert Consultant", this isn't the place you'll find it. Do the Bangladeshi government and people a favour and leave the tender to people who should already know how to answer these questions without resorting to finding answers on a debate forum where a lot of misinformation is posted.

Edited on 01-11-2015 08:16
07-11-2015 17:43
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
mrkhalidiwfm wrote:

I would like to know more information.

1, Who are you? In terms of is this a project for college or are you actually in charge of such decisions?

2, Unlike the previous post i think forums such as this would be a decent way of getting a general handle on the problem. If you are a politician wanting to have a general feel for the subject and not be ripped off by consultants talking drivel at you.

3, Once you have a little more confidence you may well want to find a civil engineering forum. They are the people who build this sort of thing and will have the practicle advice you will need.

4, Good luck.

Join the debate Some import climate change issue:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
None Of You Know The Real Intend, Purpose Of Climate Change Issue On The Media704-12-2023 04:02
People Do Not Care About Climate Change Environment If They Still Have Money Economy Issue503-12-2023 18:39
I The Savior Do Have A Perfect Strategy To Help All National Government Solve Their Financial Issue213-11-2023 15:37
New Jersey Lt. Gov. Sheila Oliver dies unexpectedly after undisclosed medical issue101-08-2023 23:05
My Health Issue, It Is Graphic1503-07-2021 21:30
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact