Remember me
▼ Content

soda stream


soda stream28-10-2021 09:58
duncan61
★★★★☆
(1441)
I have noticed that with the soda stream if I use tap water at 18.C it will not hold a charge of CO2 it fizzes off immediately.I have to chill the water to 4.C then it takes a charge and I can mix the flavouring and in the morning the bottle still has fiz in it.Could this mean ocean waters over a certain temperature can not hold CO2


duncan61
28-10-2021 19:22
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(16460)
duncan61 wrote:
I have noticed that with the soda stream if I use tap water at 18.C it will not hold a charge of CO2 it fizzes off immediately.I have to chill the water to 4.C then it takes a charge and I can mix the flavouring and in the morning the bottle still has fiz in it.Could this mean ocean waters over a certain temperature can not hold CO2


The saturation of CO2 in water is dependent on temperature. You can look up this chart from various engineering sources.

The amount of CO2 in the oceans is nowhere near saturation.

Your soda dispenser is trying to oversaturate the CO2 in water. That's what the fizz is. CO2 venting from the water to re-establish equilibrium.

Warm water holds less CO2 than cold water. Thus, for soda, CO2 will stay dissolved in the soda longer (it won't fizz as fast, but it will still fizz).

Oceans, of course, have nowhere near that much CO2 in them. They don't fizz like soda does. The concentration of CO2 in any part of the ocean is about the same as the air above it.

Like air, CO2 is not uniformly distributed in ocean water. CO2 also does nothing to ocean water. It does not make the ocean water less alkaline.

A very small amount of CO2 in water (around 1%) will form carbolic acid. This is reaction goes both ways. Carbolic acid in water will also turn into CO2.

Water itself is a buffer for acid. This means the pH of the ocean water isn't going to change any detectable degree even with the carbolic acid in it. It has the entire ocean itself acting as a buffer.

Acid-base chemistry is completely denied by the Church of Global Warming in just the same way they deny the 1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics and the Stefan-Boltzmann law.

These idiots aren't chemists. I am...among other things.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
Edited on 28-10-2021 19:22
28-10-2021 22:53
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(3804)
duncan61 wrote:
I have noticed that with the soda stream if I use tap water at 18.C it will not hold a charge of CO2 it fizzes off immediately.I have to chill the water to 4.C then it takes a charge and I can mix the flavouring and in the morning the bottle still has fiz in it.Could this mean ocean waters over a certain temperature can not hold CO2


I'm sure Dr. James has all the scientific data. But, it's sort of like when you open a beer, but get distracted (passed out), before you can drink much of it. Hours later, when it's warm, it's also flat. Then again, ocean water isn't beer. If you put salt in soda, doesn't it fizz over? I don't suspect ocean water is carbonated, least not enough to stain your shorts over.

Could make for in interesting, Bill Nye style, scientific experiment. Maybe worth grant money, even a Nobel Prize for Climate Change. Just SodaStream some ocean water, stuff a thermometer in it, and log the temperature, and carbonation level as it warms up. Not sure how you would measure carbonation of the water though. Shake the bottle? Certainly, you should be able to eventually find what temperature ocean water instantaneously releases all it's built up man-made CO2, and causes your kitchen-lab to spontaneously warm by 1.5 C... Of course, you'd want to simplify, and speed up the experiment, so grade school kids can re-create the results, in under 30 minutes. Instead of actual ocean water, you'd probably just dump some table salt into tap water. Maybe after you carbonated the water... Amusing messy volcano like reaction, to entertain. Doesn't really matter, salt content, and carbonation level in nature, isn't standardized, or consistent.
29-10-2021 05:27
duncan61
★★★★☆
(1441)
I have just opened a bottle of pepsi max I made on Monday and it still fizzed.It was half full and kept sealed in the fridge.Is the claim that the ocean has absorbed all this tonnage of CO2 another bollocks theory.I watch a show recently where this woman stood up and declared half the barrier reef is destroyed permanantly yet Jennifer Marahosy is there on site and she says the reef has never been more alive and even NASA agree from satellite pctures that the mass of the reef is at the maximum that has been observed since records began.In the words of professor Julius Sumner Miller.Why is it so?And another thing now he is dead who is putting the glass and a half of milk in the chocolate?
29-10-2021 08:32
duncan61
★★★★☆
(1441)
I have just tried the soda stream with water at 10 degrees and it did not stay in the water.As the ocean of the coast where I live is never below 17.C in winter and as high as 33.C in summer can I assume there is no dissolved CO2.I am also assuming wave action is what puts the CO2 in in the first instance it can never get to the cooler water below.I had the water tested at Trigg beach and it is 8.3ph which is a long way from being acidic.CO2 in my back yard is currently 405ppm and showing no sign of increasing over the time I have had the device.The alarmist need to recognise the way things are now is the way it is.It is not going to get worse
29-10-2021 18:55
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(16460)
duncan61 wrote:
I have just opened a bottle of pepsi max I made on Monday and it still fizzed.It was half full and kept sealed in the fridge.Is the claim that the ocean has absorbed all this tonnage of CO2 another bollocks theory.I watch a show recently where this woman stood up and declared half the barrier reef is destroyed permanantly yet Jennifer Marahosy is there on site and she says the reef has never been more alive and even NASA agree from satellite pctures that the mass of the reef is at the maximum that has been observed since records began.In the words of professor Julius Sumner Miller.Why is it so?And another thing now he is dead who is putting the glass and a half of milk in the chocolate?

You already asked this question. I already answered it. RQAA.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
29-10-2021 18:56
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(16460)
duncan61 wrote:
I have just tried the soda stream with water at 10 degrees and it did not stay in the water.As the ocean of the coast where I live is never below 17.C in winter and as high as 33.C in summer can I assume there is no dissolved CO2.I am also assuming wave action is what puts the CO2 in in the first instance it can never get to the cooler water below.I had the water tested at Trigg beach and it is 8.3ph which is a long way from being acidic.CO2 in my back yard is currently 405ppm and showing no sign of increasing over the time I have had the device.The alarmist need to recognise the way things are now is the way it is.It is not going to get worse

I have already addressed this topic. RQAA.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
29-10-2021 21:39
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(10383)
Into the Night wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
I have noticed that with the soda stream if I use tap water at 18.C it will not hold a charge of CO2 it fizzes off immediately.I have to chill the water to 4.C then it takes a charge and I can mix the flavouring and in the morning the bottle still has fiz in it.Could this mean ocean waters over a certain temperature can not hold CO2


The saturation of CO2 in water is dependent on temperature. You can look up this chart from various engineering sources.

The amount of CO2 in the oceans is nowhere near saturation.

Your soda dispenser is trying to oversaturate the CO2 in water. That's what the fizz is. CO2 venting from the water to re-establish equilibrium.

Warm water holds less CO2 than cold water. Thus, for soda, CO2 will stay dissolved in the soda longer (it won't fizz as fast, but it will still fizz).

Oceans, of course, have nowhere near that much CO2 in them. They don't fizz like soda does. The concentration of CO2 in any part of the ocean is about the same as the air above it.

Like air, CO2 is not uniformly distributed in ocean water. CO2 also does nothing to ocean water. It does not make the ocean water less alkaline.

A very small amount of CO2 in water (around 1%) will form carbolic acid. This is reaction goes both ways. Carbolic acid in water will also turn into CO2.

Water itself is a buffer for acid. This means the pH of the ocean water isn't going to change any detectable degree even with the carbolic acid in it. It has the entire ocean itself acting as a buffer.

Acid-base chemistry is completely denied by the Church of Global Warming in just the same way they deny the 1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics and the Stefan-Boltzmann law.

These idiots aren't chemists. I am...among other things.


This is a very good post. I have appended it to the Ocean Acidification Debunked thread in the Debunking Signature.

.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
01-11-2021 04:09
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(16460)
IBdaMann wrote:
This is a very good post. I have appended it to the Ocean Acidification Debunked thread in the Debunking Signature.

.


Thank you.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan




Join the debate soda stream:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
How the Jet Stream Influences the Weather4322-11-2020 01:31
The Norwegian Gulf Stream404-03-2020 01:14
Cold can of soda?1008-06-2019 00:25
Stream of thought poem re: London snow storms/Garbage Island002-02-2019 13:41
Gulf stream weakening.206-10-2018 20:50
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact