Remember me
▼ Content

Should climate scientist try to regrow the glacial maximum dropping sea levels



Page 2 of 3<123>
29-01-2021 02:43
SwanProfile picture★★★☆☆
(401)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote: So you are still in denial that Noah could not have gathered two of every North and South American animal from the Mideast, merely because this question clashes with your chosen reality.

No, I am not in any denial on this matter.

So are you insisting that it is not possible for the ocean to rise 15 cubits (27 feet) by the end of the century and for extreme weather to pose an existential threat to humans?

I'm waiting for your answer.

.

So you are still in denial that Noah could not have gathered two of every North and South American animal from the Mideast. Again were there really dinosaurs on the ark?

And if Noah gathered two of every poisonous snake, why and how?


Edited on 29-01-2021 02:45
29-01-2021 04:13
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15058)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Global warming means that the Earth is warming as it has been for 20000 or so years.

So Global Cooling means the earth is cooling as it has also done over those same 20,000 years or so.

It would appear that you could use a lesson on the term "equilibrium."


.

There is no global cooling in the last 20000 years however. Sure there are fluctuations but from 20000 BC to 10000 BC most of the worlds glaciation melted, from 10000 BC to present the rate of melt has slowed however it is still happening thus all is normal


You are gullible. Someone fed you a WACKY religious dogma and you took it as thettled thienth because you apparently aren't smart enough to distinguish between actual science and WACKY cult religion.

Enjoy your faith. I'd be interested in knowing who specifically is doing your thinking for you.

.


Sorry kid the glacial maximum happened in the range of 20000 years ago, you for some reason never heard of it.

The ice was 1000 to 2000 feet thick



How do you know? Were you there to measure it?


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
29-01-2021 04:19
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15058)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Sorry kid the glacial maximum happened in the range of 20000 years ago,

Why should any rational adult believe that?

Swan wrote: The ice was 1000 to 2000 feet thick

Where exactly?


.


Why would anyone not believe that the glacial maximum was in place approximately 20000 years ago?

For the simple reason that not everyone believes your religion.
Swan wrote:
LOL are you claiming that the last ice age never happened?

No. He is not. Neither am I. We are simply claiming that your belief here is a religion.
Swan wrote:
The Last Glacial Period (LGP) occurred from the end of the Eemian to the end of the Younger Dryas, encompassing the period c. 115,000 – c. 11,700 years ago.

If you say so. Personally, I don't believe your religion either.
Swan wrote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_Glacial_Period

Wikipedia is not a proof a religion is True. You cannot use it as a source here.
Swan wrote:
As for thickness I was off a bit as the largest thickness of ice was 2900 meters or 8700 feet

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/earth-and-planetary-sciences/last-glacial

If you say so. You seem to find a lot of Holy Links to try to prove your religion as True. Circular argument fallacy (fundamentalism). Holy Links are not a proof.
Swan wrote:
I find it really sad that people like you do not know these facts.

Your beliefs are your beliefs. I don't keep track of the details of everyone's religion.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
29-01-2021 04:20
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15058)
Swan wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Sorry kid the glacial maximum happened in the range of 20000 years ago,

Why should any rational adult believe that?

Swan wrote: The ice was 1000 to 2000 feet thick

Where exactly?


.


Why would anyone not believe that the glacial maximum was in place approximately 20000 years ago?

Why would anyone not believe that God created the heaven and the Earth?

Swan wrote:
LOL

LOL

Swan wrote:
are you claiming that the last ice age never happened?

Are you claiming that Noah's Flood never happened?

Swan wrote:
The Last Glacial Period (LGP) occurred from the end of the Eemian to the end of the Younger Dryas, encompassing the period c. 115,000 – c. 11,700 years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_Glacial_Period

Noah's Flood occurred 4,368 years ago.

https://answersingenesis.org/bible-timeline/timeline-for-the-flood/

Swan wrote:
As for thickness I was off a bit as the largest thickness of ice was 2900 meters or 8700 feet

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/earth-and-planetary-sciences/last-glacial

See above.

Swan wrote:
I find it really sad that people like you do not know these facts.

I find it really sad that people like you do not know these facts.


I find it really sad that your entire life revolves around complete fiction

I find it really sad that your entire life revolves around complete fiction.

One religion often declares another religion False.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
29-01-2021 04:24
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15058)
Swan wrote:
Actually the ice age

Define 'ice age'.
Swan wrote:
left quite real glacial moraines

How do you know that a glacier carved them out? How do you know any glacier even existed? How do you know such a glacier is part of something you call an 'ice age'?
Swan wrote:
that I ride my bicycle up and down frequently, so they are very real.

I'm glad that you get some exercise.
Swan wrote:
You on the other hand believe in a fictional man who lived to 950 years old and was able to capture 2 of every animal in North America from where he built his mythical ship in the mideast.

How do you know he was fiction?
Swan wrote:
How exactly did he do that?

Presumably he ate meat.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
29-01-2021 04:29
SwanProfile picture★★★☆☆
(401)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Global warming means that the Earth is warming as it has been for 20000 or so years.

So Global Cooling means the earth is cooling as it has also done over those same 20,000 years or so.

It would appear that you could use a lesson on the term "equilibrium."


.

There is no global cooling in the last 20000 years however. Sure there are fluctuations but from 20000 BC to 10000 BC most of the worlds glaciation melted, from 10000 BC to present the rate of melt has slowed however it is still happening thus all is normal


You are gullible. Someone fed you a WACKY religious dogma and you took it as thettled thienth because you apparently aren't smart enough to distinguish between actual science and WACKY cult religion.

Enjoy your faith. I'd be interested in knowing who specifically is doing your thinking for you.

.


Sorry kid the glacial maximum happened in the range of 20000 years ago, you for some reason never heard of it.

The ice was 1000 to 2000 feet thick



How do you know? Were you there to measure it?


I have ridden up and down the highest point on the eastern seaboard south of Nova Scotia, which is a glacial moraine some 300 or so feet high.

Next?
29-01-2021 04:30
SwanProfile picture★★★☆☆
(401)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Sorry kid the glacial maximum happened in the range of 20000 years ago,

Why should any rational adult believe that?

Swan wrote: The ice was 1000 to 2000 feet thick

Where exactly?


.


Why would anyone not believe that the glacial maximum was in place approximately 20000 years ago?

For the simple reason that not everyone believes your religion.
Swan wrote:
LOL are you claiming that the last ice age never happened?

No. He is not. Neither am I. We are simply claiming that your belief here is a religion.
Swan wrote:
The Last Glacial Period (LGP) occurred from the end of the Eemian to the end of the Younger Dryas, encompassing the period c. 115,000 – c. 11,700 years ago.

If you say so. Personally, I don't believe your religion either.
Swan wrote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_Glacial_Period

Wikipedia is not a proof a religion is True. You cannot use it as a source here.
Swan wrote:
As for thickness I was off a bit as the largest thickness of ice was 2900 meters or 8700 feet

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/earth-and-planetary-sciences/last-glacial

If you say so. You seem to find a lot of Holy Links to try to prove your religion as True. Circular argument fallacy (fundamentalism). Holy Links are not a proof.
Swan wrote:
I find it really sad that people like you do not know these facts.

Your beliefs are your beliefs. I don't keep track of the details of everyone's religion.


Are you claiming that the ice age was or is a religion?

Whewy
29-01-2021 04:31
SwanProfile picture★★★☆☆
(401)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Actually the ice age

Define 'ice age'.
Swan wrote:
left quite real glacial moraines

How do you know that a glacier carved them out? How do you know any glacier even existed? How do you know such a glacier is part of something you call an 'ice age'?
Swan wrote:
that I ride my bicycle up and down frequently, so they are very real.

I'm glad that you get some exercise.
Swan wrote:
You on the other hand believe in a fictional man who lived to 950 years old and was able to capture 2 of every animal in North America from where he built his mythical ship in the mideast.

How do you know he was fiction?
Swan wrote:
How exactly did he do that?

Presumably he ate meat.


Tell us more about the 950 year old geezer
29-01-2021 04:32
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15058)
Swan wrote:
Sorry that does not explain how Noah captured 2 of every North and South American animal to put on his fictional ark from the mideast.

How do you know it's fiction? How do you know the ark launched from the mideast? How do you know he captured 2 of every animal in North and South America? How do you know he was the only one that built an ark? Why do you presume the lifespan of someone today is the same as the lifespan of someone then?

You seem to know a lot about this Noah. Much more than the Bible describes of him. Where do you get your information? Seems like an awful lot of trouble for someone claiming the man is fiction.
Swan wrote:
The fact seems to be that nothing is real in your life if it clashes with the fiction that you believe is real.

I think you better have a crack at defining 'real'. Go ahead.
Swan wrote:
Again I live near some of these glacial terminal lines that you dispute are real
...deleted Holy Link...

How do you know they were formed by glaciers? How do you know these supposed glaciers were part of anything you call this so-called 'ice age'? How do you know your religion is 'real' and his religion isn't? Can you even define what 'real' means?


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
29-01-2021 04:40
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(3206)
Most of the bible is written metaphorically, not meant to be taken literally. Most of it is meant to get people to think for themselves, give guidance in that pursuit. Unfortunately, anything powerful, can be exploited, and perverted. Most religions are for-profit enterprises anymore. I do believe the book has a wealth of wisdom, but you won't find it in church, only hat you ended up with an empty wallet.
29-01-2021 05:04
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15058)
Swan wrote:
The ocean has already risen over 400 feet since the end of the ice age?

Unknown. It is not possible to measure the global sea level, and your belief in this 'ice age' thing is an even supposedly that happened 20000 years ago. Was someone magickally able to measure the global sea level at that time? Where is this measurement? How was it conducted? Who measured it?
Swan wrote:
Still waiting to hear how Noah gathered 2 of every North and South American animal from continents that were not even known at the time.

Who says he did? The Bible doesn't even mention North or South America by that name. Who says these continents are not mentioned in the Bible by another name? Who says these continents even existed at the time?
Swan wrote:
You avoid this because there is no answer so as a result you are existing in denial.

You have been answered. RQAA.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
Edited on 29-01-2021 05:07
29-01-2021 05:09
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15058)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
How do you know? Were you there to measure it?


I have ridden up and down the highest point on the eastern seaboard south of Nova Scotia, which is a glacial moraine some 300 or so feet high.

Next?

You really think so? You seem pretty solid in your faith of your religion.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
29-01-2021 05:11
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15058)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Your beliefs are your beliefs. I don't keep track of the details of everyone's religion.


Are you claiming that the ice age was or is a religion?

Whewy


Is. You seem to believe in it.

You also seem to be trying to prove your religion. This is fundamentalism.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
29-01-2021 05:12
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15058)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Actually the ice age

Define 'ice age'.
Swan wrote:
left quite real glacial moraines

How do you know that a glacier carved them out? How do you know any glacier even existed? How do you know such a glacier is part of something you call an 'ice age'?
Swan wrote:
that I ride my bicycle up and down frequently, so they are very real.

I'm glad that you get some exercise.
Swan wrote:
You on the other hand believe in a fictional man who lived to 950 years old and was able to capture 2 of every animal in North America from where he built his mythical ship in the mideast.

How do you know he was fiction?
Swan wrote:
How exactly did he do that?

Presumably he ate meat.


Tell us more about the 950 year old geezer


He's not mine. I don't own him. He is not my slave.

What's to tell? Not much is described about this man.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
29-01-2021 10:36
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(3206)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote: So you are still in denial that Noah could not have gathered two of every North and South American animal from the Mideast, merely because this question clashes with your chosen reality.

No, I am not in any denial on this matter.

So are you insisting that it is not possible for the ocean to rise 15 cubits (27 feet) by the end of the century and for extreme weather to pose an existential threat to humans?

I'm waiting for your answer.

.

So you are still in denial that Noah could not have gathered two of every North and South American animal from the Mideast. Again were there really dinosaurs on the ark?

And if Noah gathered two of every poisonous snake, why and how?



How many critters were mentioned in the Book of Genesis? How do you know more existed? God could always make more. We discover new species every year. Didn't God part the Red Sea, so Moses didn't get his sandals wet? Seems like got could have provided some dry, for the less evil animals. Certainly that dove wasn't flying around in the rain, for forty days, and forty nights...

I'm not a bible scholar, but the stories are symbolic, metaphors. They aren't meant to be taken as actual events. Not sure what the Noah flood represents, or why it was consider significant to be included in the book.
29-01-2021 14:20
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(8629)
Swan wrote: So you are still in denial

I answered your question. I have no denial on this matter.

So are you insisting that it is not possible for the ocean to rise 15 cubits (27 feet) by the end of the century and for extreme weather to pose an existential threat to humans?

I'm waiting for your answer. This is your last shot before you forfeit.

.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
29-01-2021 15:56
SwanProfile picture★★★☆☆
(401)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote: So you are still in denial

I answered your question. I have no denial on this matter.

So are you insisting that it is not possible for the ocean to rise 15 cubits (27 feet) by the end of the century and for extreme weather to pose an existential threat to humans?

I'm waiting for your answer. This is your last shot before you forfeit.

.


Actually you never answered as to how Noah could not have gathered two of every North and South American animal from the Mideast? Again were there really dinosaurs on the ark?

The fact is that Noah did not do this because he could not have, so the entire story is as real as an episode of Gilligan's island. The really sad fact here is that a fictional 950 year old man and his fictional boaty are ruining real conversations that need to be had on a real topic.

But you believe in Noah and that you given a plausible answer as to how Noah gathered animals on undiscovered continents.

PS. Since the flood would also have decimated terrestrial plant life he also would have had to gather 2 of every tree, bush and vine. So how did Noah gather 2 redwoods and poison ivy vines
Edited on 29-01-2021 15:57
29-01-2021 16:33
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(8629)
Swan wrote: Actually you never answered as to how Noah could not have gathered two of every North and South American animal from the Mideast? Again were there really dinosaurs on the ark?

I answered your question. One possible explanation is that God worked out all of the minutiae for Noah. There, you have an answer as to how it would be possible if it happened.

Swan wrote: The fact is that Noah did not do this because he could not have,

Are you going to demonstrate that the Christian God did not help Noah during the time period in question (as specified by gfm7175)?

Swan wrote:... so the entire story is as real as an episode of Gilligan's island.

Episodes of Giligan's Island exist and are real. Entire seasons exist.


So, I hold you in forfeit. You lose. You are a WACKO to be dismissed.



.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
29-01-2021 17:19
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(3206)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote: So you are still in denial

I answered your question. I have no denial on this matter.

So are you insisting that it is not possible for the ocean to rise 15 cubits (27 feet) by the end of the century and for extreme weather to pose an existential threat to humans?

I'm waiting for your answer. This is your last shot before you forfeit.

.


Actually you never answered as to how Noah could not have gathered two of every North and South American animal from the Mideast? Again were there really dinosaurs on the ark?

The fact is that Noah did not do this because he could not have, so the entire story is as real as an episode of Gilligan's island. The really sad fact here is that a fictional 950 year old man and his fictional boaty are ruining real conversations that need to be had on a real topic.

But you believe in Noah and that you given a plausible answer as to how Noah gathered animals on undiscovered continents.

PS. Since the flood would also have decimated terrestrial plant life he also would have had to gather 2 of every tree, bush and vine. So how did Noah gather 2 redwoods and poison ivy vines


If you had faith in God, you would be so ignorant. You have to start reading at the start of the book, otherwise you skip over all the good parts. Most over your global warming stuff comes out of Revelations anyway, almost plagiarism. Biden probably will, once he gets done cancelling Trump, and getting this pandemic under control. Our God, isn't the one that comes to this forum, posting nonsense, begging for Bitcoins. He made all the animals, and plants, he can replace them. I don't remember reading about dinosaurs in the bible, are you sure you aren't confusing it with Jurassic Park? You been nipping at Jame's jug?
29-01-2021 17:58
SwanProfile picture★★★☆☆
(401)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote: So you are still in denial

I answered your question. I have no denial on this matter.

So are you insisting that it is not possible for the ocean to rise 15 cubits (27 feet) by the end of the century and for extreme weather to pose an existential threat to humans?

I'm waiting for your answer. This is your last shot before you forfeit.

.


Actually you never answered as to how Noah could not have gathered two of every North and South American animal from the Mideast? Again were there really dinosaurs on the ark?

The fact is that Noah did not do this because he could not have, so the entire story is as real as an episode of Gilligan's island. The really sad fact here is that a fictional 950 year old man and his fictional boaty are ruining real conversations that need to be had on a real topic.

But you believe in Noah and that you given a plausible answer as to how Noah gathered animals on undiscovered continents.

PS. Since the flood would also have decimated terrestrial plant life he also would have had to gather 2 of every tree, bush and vine. So how did Noah gather 2 redwoods and poison ivy vines


If you had faith in God, you would be so ignorant. You have to start reading at the start of the book, otherwise you skip over all the good parts. Most over your global warming stuff comes out of Revelations anyway, almost plagiarism. Biden probably will, once he gets done cancelling Trump, and getting this pandemic under control. Our God, isn't the one that comes to this forum, posting nonsense, begging for Bitcoins. He made all the animals, and plants, he can replace them. I don't remember reading about dinosaurs in the bible, are you sure you aren't confusing it with Jurassic Park? You been nipping at Jame's jug?


LOL so your claim is that God is destroying the Earth as it was told in revelations.

Great God you believe in there
29-01-2021 17:59
SwanProfile picture★★★☆☆
(401)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote: Actually you never answered as to how Noah could not have gathered two of every North and South American animal from the Mideast? Again were there really dinosaurs on the ark?

I answered your question. One possible explanation is that God worked out all of the minutiae for Noah. There, you have an answer as to how it would be possible if it happened.

Swan wrote: The fact is that Noah did not do this because he could not have,

Are you going to demonstrate that the Christian God did not help Noah during the time period in question (as specified by gfm7175)?

Swan wrote:... so the entire story is as real as an episode of Gilligan's island.

Episodes of Giligan's Island exist and are real. Entire seasons exist.


So, I hold you in forfeit. You lose. You are a WACKO to be dismissed.



.


LOL, are you saying that God was not powerful enough to build his own ship? See God does not need people to do his work, when you claim that people are needed the God you believe in becomes a cripple

Yawning
Edited on 29-01-2021 18:01
29-01-2021 19:00
GasGuzzlerProfile picture★★★★★
(2020)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote: Actually you never answered as to how Noah could not have gathered two of every North and South American animal from the Mideast? Again were there really dinosaurs on the ark?

I answered your question. One possible explanation is that God worked out all of the minutiae for Noah. There, you have an answer as to how it would be possible if it happened.

Swan wrote: The fact is that Noah did not do this because he could not have,

Are you going to demonstrate that the Christian God did not help Noah during the time period in question (as specified by gfm7175)?

Swan wrote:... so the entire story is as real as an episode of Gilligan's island.

Episodes of Giligan's Island exist and are real. Entire seasons exist.


So, I hold you in forfeit. You lose. You are a WACKO to be dismissed.



.


LOL, are you saying that God was not powerful enough to build his own ship? See God does not need people to do his work, when you claim that people are needed the God you believe in becomes a cripple

Yawning


Doesn't take much faith to get on a boat when the flooding starts. Takes a tiny bit more faith to build a boat for an upcoming catastrophic event that has never happened before.


Showing up with a gun at all is just weird and gross.--tmiddles
29-01-2021 19:05
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(8629)
Swan wrote: LOL, are you saying that God was not powerful enough to build his own ship?

I make/made no statements about the Christian God. I am an atheist.

You, on the other hand, are a preacher of a WACKY religion.


.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
29-01-2021 19:34
SwanProfile picture★★★☆☆
(401)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote: Actually you never answered as to how Noah could not have gathered two of every North and South American animal from the Mideast? Again were there really dinosaurs on the ark?

I answered your question. One possible explanation is that God worked out all of the minutiae for Noah. There, you have an answer as to how it would be possible if it happened.

Swan wrote: The fact is that Noah did not do this because he could not have,

Are you going to demonstrate that the Christian God did not help Noah during the time period in question (as specified by gfm7175)?

Swan wrote:... so the entire story is as real as an episode of Gilligan's island.

Episodes of Giligan's Island exist and are real. Entire seasons exist.


So, I hold you in forfeit. You lose. You are a WACKO to be dismissed.



.


LOL, are you saying that God was not powerful enough to build his own ship? See God does not need people to do his work, when you claim that people are needed the God you believe in becomes a cripple

Yawning


Doesn't take much faith to get on a boat when the flooding starts. Takes a tiny bit more faith to build a boat for an upcoming catastrophic event that has never happened before.


What boat?
29-01-2021 19:35
SwanProfile picture★★★☆☆
(401)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote: LOL, are you saying that God was not powerful enough to build his own ship?

I make/made no statements about the Christian God. I am an atheist.

You, on the other hand, are a preacher of a WACKY religion.


.


What religion am I preaching?
29-01-2021 19:37
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★☆
(1869)
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Sorry kid the glacial maximum happened in the range of 20000 years ago,

Why should any rational adult believe that?

Swan wrote: The ice was 1000 to 2000 feet thick

Where exactly?


.


Why would anyone not believe that the glacial maximum was in place approximately 20000 years ago?

Why would anyone not believe that God created the heaven and the Earth?

Swan wrote:
LOL

LOL

Swan wrote:
are you claiming that the last ice age never happened?

Are you claiming that Noah's Flood never happened?

Swan wrote:
The Last Glacial Period (LGP) occurred from the end of the Eemian to the end of the Younger Dryas, encompassing the period c. 115,000 – c. 11,700 years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_Glacial_Period

Noah's Flood occurred 4,368 years ago.

https://answersingenesis.org/bible-timeline/timeline-for-the-flood/

Swan wrote:
As for thickness I was off a bit as the largest thickness of ice was 2900 meters or 8700 feet

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/earth-and-planetary-sciences/last-glacial

See above.

Swan wrote:
I find it really sad that people like you do not know these facts.

I find it really sad that people like you do not know these facts.


gfm7175, this was an excellent post. Your rebuttal style clearly flew right over Swan's head.

Well done.

.

I'll take an ITN style *humble bow* here...
29-01-2021 19:41
SwanProfile picture★★★☆☆
(401)
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Sorry kid the glacial maximum happened in the range of 20000 years ago,

Why should any rational adult believe that?

Swan wrote: The ice was 1000 to 2000 feet thick

Where exactly?


.


Why would anyone not believe that the glacial maximum was in place approximately 20000 years ago?

Why would anyone not believe that God created the heaven and the Earth?

Swan wrote:
LOL

LOL

Swan wrote:
are you claiming that the last ice age never happened?

Are you claiming that Noah's Flood never happened?

Swan wrote:
The Last Glacial Period (LGP) occurred from the end of the Eemian to the end of the Younger Dryas, encompassing the period c. 115,000 – c. 11,700 years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_Glacial_Period

Noah's Flood occurred 4,368 years ago.

https://answersingenesis.org/bible-timeline/timeline-for-the-flood/

Swan wrote:
As for thickness I was off a bit as the largest thickness of ice was 2900 meters or 8700 feet

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/earth-and-planetary-sciences/last-glacial

See above.

Swan wrote:
I find it really sad that people like you do not know these facts.

I find it really sad that people like you do not know these facts.


gfm7175, this was an excellent post. Your rebuttal style clearly flew right over Swan's head.

Well done.

.

I'll take an ITN style *humble bow* here...


LOL were babbling about Noah when I was buying Apple Google and Netflix stocks

So the bow is mine.

Go play with the dinosaurs on your ark
29-01-2021 19:45
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★☆
(1869)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:The ocean has already risen over 400 feet since the end of the ice age?

What I'm reading is that you have no rational basis whatsoever for your WACKY beliefs and that the ocean has not risen at all as far as you can show.

Got it.

So you are a loon who believes that his fabricated delusions are "what we know."

Dismissed.

.


So you are still in denial that Noah could not have gathered two of every North and South American animal from the Mideast, merely because this question clashes with your chosen reality.

RQAA (repetitive question already answered). IBdaMann already offered up a possible explanation for how Noah did it, but i will reiterate. God orchestrated the minutia in order to assist Noah in performing God's will.

Swan wrote:
Were there really dinosaurs on the ark too?


Sure. Sounds good to me.


It appears as if I have riled up a Church of No God member in my attempt to shine some light on your religious fundamentalism regarding "20,000 years ago". I would also be willing to bet that you, as a Church of No God member, do not realize that you are every bit as much of a theist as I am... except that you are also a fundamentalist while I am not...
29-01-2021 19:46
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★☆
(1869)
Swan wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
Stick it to em Swan


I am trying not to be rude, but there is more to reality that a 950 year old fake man

I am trying not to be rude, but there is more to reality than a 20,000 year ago fake glacial maximum...
Edited on 29-01-2021 19:49
29-01-2021 19:47
SwanProfile picture★★★☆☆
(401)
gfm7175 wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:The ocean has already risen over 400 feet since the end of the ice age?

What I'm reading is that you have no rational basis whatsoever for your WACKY beliefs and that the ocean has not risen at all as far as you can show.

Got it.

So you are a loon who believes that his fabricated delusions are "what we know."

Dismissed.

.


So you are still in denial that Noah could not have gathered two of every North and South American animal from the Mideast, merely because this question clashes with your chosen reality.

RQAA (repetitive question already answered). IBdaMann already offered up a possible explanation for how Noah did it, but i will reiterate. God orchestrated the minutia in order to assist Noah in performing God's will.

Swan wrote:
Were there really dinosaurs on the ark too?


Sure. Sounds good to me.


It appears as if I have riled up a Church of No God member in my attempt to shine some light on your religious fundamentalism regarding "20,000 years ago". I would also be willing to bet that you, as a Church of No God member, do not realize that you are every bit as much of a theist as I am... except that you are also a fundamentalist while I am not...


LOL why did an all knowing all powerful God need Noah for in the first place?

I guess God forgot how to build stuff.

Next
29-01-2021 19:49
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(8629)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote: LOL, are you saying that God was not powerful enough to build his own ship?
I make/made no statements about the Christian God. I am an atheist.

You, on the other hand, are a preacher of a WACKY religion.

What religion am I preaching?

Some WACKY Global Warming sect that believes the earth somehow spontaneously increases in temperature and which speculates heavily about the past but preaches said speculation as gospel truth.

Your beliefs are as WACKY as any cults.

.

.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
29-01-2021 19:51
SwanProfile picture★★★☆☆
(401)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote: LOL, are you saying that God was not powerful enough to build his own ship?
I make/made no statements about the Christian God. I am an atheist.

You, on the other hand, are a preacher of a WACKY religion.

What religion am I preaching?

Some WACKY Global Warming sect that believes the earth somehow spontaneously increases in temperature and which speculates heavily about the past but preaches said speculation as gospel truth.

Your beliefs are as WACKY as any cults.

.

.


LOL this just shows how clueless that you are because I do not believe in AGW.

Yawn
29-01-2021 19:51
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★☆
(1869)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote: So you are still in denial that Noah could not have gathered two of every North and South American animal from the Mideast, merely because this question clashes with your chosen reality.

No, I am not in any denial on this matter.

So are you insisting that it is not possible for the ocean to rise 15 cubits (27 feet) by the end of the century and for extreme weather to pose an existential threat to humans?

I'm waiting for your answer.

.

So you are still in denial that Noah could not have gathered two of every North and South American animal from the Mideast. Again were there really dinosaurs on the ark?

And if Noah gathered two of every poisonous snake, why and how?


RQAA.
29-01-2021 19:57
SwanProfile picture★★★☆☆
(401)
gfm7175 wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote: So you are still in denial that Noah could not have gathered two of every North and South American animal from the Mideast, merely because this question clashes with your chosen reality.

No, I am not in any denial on this matter.

So are you insisting that it is not possible for the ocean to rise 15 cubits (27 feet) by the end of the century and for extreme weather to pose an existential threat to humans?

I'm waiting for your answer.

.

So you are still in denial that Noah could not have gathered two of every North and South American animal from the Mideast. Again were there really dinosaurs on the ark?

And if Noah gathered two of every poisonous snake, why and how?


RQAA.


I Googled RQAA and it came back to you saying it here.

Means nothing except to you
29-01-2021 19:59
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★☆
(1869)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote: LOL, are you saying that God was not powerful enough to build his own ship?

I make/made no statements about the Christian God. I am an atheist.

You, on the other hand, are a preacher of a WACKY religion.


.


What religion am I preaching?

RQAA.
29-01-2021 20:01
SwanProfile picture★★★☆☆
(401)
gfm7175 wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote: LOL, are you saying that God was not powerful enough to build his own ship?

I make/made no statements about the Christian God. I am an atheist.

You, on the other hand, are a preacher of a WACKY religion.


.


What religion am I preaching?

RQAA.


Can you explain what that means?
29-01-2021 21:08
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★☆
(1869)
Swan wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
It appears as if I have riled up a Church of No God member in my attempt to shine some light on your religious fundamentalism regarding "20,000 years ago". I would also be willing to bet that you, as a Church of No God member, do not realize that you are every bit as much of a theist as I am... except that you are also a fundamentalist while I am not...


LOL why did an all knowing all powerful God need Noah for in the first place?

I guess God forgot how to build stuff.

Next

Yup, I definitely got a Church of No God member riled up...
29-01-2021 21:10
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★☆
(1869)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote: LOL, are you saying that God was not powerful enough to build his own ship?
I make/made no statements about the Christian God. I am an atheist.

You, on the other hand, are a preacher of a WACKY religion.

What religion am I preaching?

Some WACKY Global Warming sect that believes the earth somehow spontaneously increases in temperature and which speculates heavily about the past but preaches said speculation as gospel truth.

Your beliefs are as WACKY as any cults.

.

.


LOL this just shows how clueless that you are because I do not believe in AGW.

Yawn

You are a Global Warming believer, anyway. You've already made that quite clear.
Edited on 29-01-2021 21:23
29-01-2021 21:13
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(8629)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote: LOL, are you saying that God was not powerful enough to build his own ship?
I make/made no statements about the Christian God. I am an atheist.

You, on the other hand, are a preacher of a WACKY religion.

What religion am I preaching?

Some WACKY Global Warming sect that believes the earth somehow spontaneously increases in temperature and which speculates heavily about the past but preaches said speculation as gospel truth.

Your beliefs are as WACKY as any cults.

LOL this just shows how clueless that you are because I do not believe in AGW.

I never said your religion was AGW. I was very clear that your religion is some WACKY Global Warming sect that believes the earth somehow spontaneously increases in temperature and which speculates heavily about the past but preaches said speculation as gospel truth.

You can't give ANY rational basis for your WACKY beliefs nor can you provide any reason a rational adult should believe as you do.

So tell me more about how you know the sea level has risen 400 feet. Too funny.


.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
29-01-2021 21:14
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★☆
(1869)
Swan wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote: So you are still in denial that Noah could not have gathered two of every North and South American animal from the Mideast, merely because this question clashes with your chosen reality.

No, I am not in any denial on this matter.

So are you insisting that it is not possible for the ocean to rise 15 cubits (27 feet) by the end of the century and for extreme weather to pose an existential threat to humans?

I'm waiting for your answer.

.

So you are still in denial that Noah could not have gathered two of every North and South American animal from the Mideast. Again were there really dinosaurs on the ark?

And if Noah gathered two of every poisonous snake, why and how?


RQAA.


I Googled RQAA and it came back to you saying it here.

Means nothing except to you

Google does not define words (even in acronym form). I have already told you what it stands for earlier in this very thread. I'll even clarify it again here, but this will be the last time that I do so for you.

RQAA means "repetitive question already answered"... I do not enjoy answering the same question over and over and over again, so when someone asks the same already answered question for the third, fourth, fifth, ... ... time, I will simply respond to them with 'RQAA'.
Page 2 of 3<123>





Join the debate Should climate scientist try to regrow the glacial maximum dropping sea levels:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
sea ice4227-02-2021 00:47
sea levels11517-02-2021 08:02
not a climate scientist but just had an idea1907-02-2021 06:25
https://www.waclimate.net/perth-sea-levels.html627-11-2020 01:24
Desalination and evaporation of sea water at both poles1019-11-2020 23:57
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact