Remember me
▼ Content

Septic tanks and water pollution



Page 10 of 12<<<89101112>
28-02-2021 08:55
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(16122)
James___ wrote:
When you make things about ethnicity Harvey, America can't win. And yet Americans don't know that.
And to be serious, you've never seen a chicken with its head cutoff. They do run around and are fun to chase. My American grandmother never saw the fun in this.

p.s., and you guys probably have never chased a headless chicken before?
And you've never lived in a mansion before? And you've never served your country.
Notice the common theme? You haven't done. Maybe I am the lucky one.
If I were like everyone else then I would not be asking questions. And for fun's sake, why did Pocahontas become involved with the Brits for? History is so weird.

p.s.s., Thank You Harvey for making the LCD made known.


LCD is lowest common denominator and your personal attacks have grown old. You're a bigot. You should understand this.

More fiction and word salad.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
28-02-2021 08:55
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(16122)
James___ wrote:
And when you want to say caulking, in the Navy, there is labyrinth packing of steam seals. It's how a steam chest functions. If you can understand heat flow and condensation, then it's a simple matter.
A steam chest reduces pressure from 1,200 psi down to less than 400 psi. Just a basic premise of a steam chest. With steam, a packing gland is used. Moisture helps to create a seal. Kind of what you said about barriers and they leak. Easy enough to discuss if you know the parameters. And Harvey, we can discuss that, right?

I am so stupid, it's a nozzle block. I feel so stupid. A steam chest really doesn't matter. A balloon fills with hot air, right?

And Harvey, you know this, right? It is strange how you attack me for having served your country. Kind of why I think America sucks. You're patriotic, right?

You do see how this works Harvey. You don't know what a steam chest is. And for any TV show on an aircraft carrier, it's Norwegian garbage. No one will disagree with you. A TV show on an aircraft carrier is Norwegian bullshit.
You can't lose because you're an American. And these guys love you for your obvious bigotry.

Off topic wanderings, fiction, and word salad.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
28-02-2021 08:56
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(16122)
James___ wrote:
I would ask you to move past your bigotry, but you could never keep up with me.
You need to get a clue. My serving in the US Navy got me on national TV. And with you,
it was a show. Flip Wilson was hilarious when the cameras weren't on him.
Basically it wasn't what could be shown on TV. He showed what the cameras meant.
There was what the public saw and then there was what the public didn't see. It was an eye opener for me.
And seriously Harvey, it matters. It's not really possible to say how a comic icon can be 2 different people. You just have to hear the difference.

With Flip Wilson, there were breaks in the filming of the special and he entertained us. I just can't say how. The show did not show how funny he was. Things changed.
If you were there, you would have noticed filming and not filming. It was that obvious.

p.s., and Harvey, I like seeing me running onto the stage to dance with a girl. I went around other sailors who danced with guys. And with you, even with other guys, the video shows what it does. And if it wasn't for your "Norwegian" comment, I wouldn't have found out that this happened while I was serving on the USS Ranger and not the USS Kitty Hawk.

More fiction. Random wanderings. Word salad.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
Edited on 28-02-2021 08:57
28-02-2021 09:14
James___
★★★★★
(5098)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
I would ask you to move past your bigotry, but you could never keep up with me.
You need to get a clue. My serving in the US Navy got me on national TV. And with you,
it was a show. Flip Wilson was hilarious when the cameras weren't on him.
Basically it wasn't what could be shown on TV. He showed what the cameras meant.
There was what the public saw and then there was what the public didn't see. It was an eye opener for me.
And seriously Harvey, it matters. It's not really possible to say how a comic icon can be 2 different people. You just have to hear the difference.

With Flip Wilson, there were breaks in the filming of the special and he entertained us. I just can't say how. The show did not show how funny he was. Things changed.
If you were there, you would have noticed filming and not filming. It was that obvious.

p.s., and Harvey, I like seeing me running onto the stage to dance with a girl. I went around other sailors who danced with guys. And with you, even with other guys, the video shows what it does. And if it wasn't for your "Norwegian" comment, I wouldn't have found out that this happened while I was serving on the USS Ranger and not the USS Kitty Hawk.

More fiction. Random wanderings. Word salad.



It will be nice to see footage of me when I was 20. That would be such a trip. If you consider that Flip Wilson, Marie Osmond and Suzanne Somers were on that stage, and then a camera filmed me? Are you aware of how that sounds?
Same stage and the same cameras. And I was filmed. Really? Just more motivation for my experiment.

p.s., and next I'll say I want to visit my "great grandmother" Pocahontas grave in England. It's like she had kids or something. Really?

p.s.s., oops, she is my grandmother. Sorry.

p.s.s.s., ITN, can you please say that Native Americans never had white kid with Norwegians. This is for Harvey's benefit. Skrealing and all. Just Old Norske. You understand, right?
Edited on 28-02-2021 09:21
28-02-2021 09:46
James___
★★★★★
(5098)
And Harvey, with my American grandmother, there was a pot in the kitchen. It was for doing your business in. Why go to the outhouse when it's cold outside? After all, you can just go in the kitchen.
That is what Americans do. Norwegians had running water and electricity. Americans? They had those things later. But the kitchen made do for a rest room in America. That's what made America great.
Choke on American greatness.
Edited on 28-02-2021 09:47
28-02-2021 15:26
James___
★★★★★
(5098)
@Harvey, see how you've made this thread into something else simply because you're an American? I think everyone knows that Americans are the greatest people in the world. And it's not because they do or know something. It's simply because you'uns are Americans.
With me, could retire to Australia and volunteer at a wildlife park. Have tolerated attitudes like yours ever since serving in the Navy. And even if I only say I'm a disabled Veteran, I still hear I will be screwed because the US is about exploitation.
Kind of why I'm pursuing my science experiment outside of the US. I can't pursue it here because of exploitation.

At the same time, Americans are now worshiping a golden idol of their God. That's a testament to how great Americans are.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2021/02/26/cpac-delegates-stick-donald-trump/6831565002/

p.s., they say it was even made in Mexico.


p.s.s., at the end of the day Harvey, Xadoman will probably talk to people around where his chalet (it's in the background in one picture) is built. They'll know the weather it will be exposed to and how the vents that go through his roof might best be sealed. With you telling me how other people do it, I'm not building his facility, he is. You should have been telling him and not me. I was making information known that he could consider and you were "correcting" me for having an opinion. I get so much of that in America.
It's funny because this guy https://www.ksla.com/story/37863650/an-arklatex-man-endures-a-series-of-unfortunate-events/ couldn't work with me because he's better than me. He posted that all of the time. I just couldn't do anything good enough for him and he continually attacked me. He goes by AB_Hammer online (among other names). Just think, you and him have a lot in common.
Attached image:


Edited on 28-02-2021 16:17
28-02-2021 16:29
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(16122)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
I would ask you to move past your bigotry, but you could never keep up with me.
You need to get a clue. My serving in the US Navy got me on national TV. And with you,
it was a show. Flip Wilson was hilarious when the cameras weren't on him.
Basically it wasn't what could be shown on TV. He showed what the cameras meant.
There was what the public saw and then there was what the public didn't see. It was an eye opener for me.
And seriously Harvey, it matters. It's not really possible to say how a comic icon can be 2 different people. You just have to hear the difference.

With Flip Wilson, there were breaks in the filming of the special and he entertained us. I just can't say how. The show did not show how funny he was. Things changed.
If you were there, you would have noticed filming and not filming. It was that obvious.

p.s., and Harvey, I like seeing me running onto the stage to dance with a girl. I went around other sailors who danced with guys. And with you, even with other guys, the video shows what it does. And if it wasn't for your "Norwegian" comment, I wouldn't have found out that this happened while I was serving on the USS Ranger and not the USS Kitty Hawk.

More fiction. Random wanderings. Word salad.



It will be nice to see footage of me when I was 20. That would be such a trip. If you consider that Flip Wilson, Marie Osmond and Suzanne Somers were on that stage, and then a camera filmed me? Are you aware of how that sounds?
Same stage and the same cameras. And I was filmed. Really? Just more motivation for my experiment.

p.s., and next I'll say I want to visit my "great grandmother" Pocahontas grave in England. It's like she had kids or something. Really?

p.s.s., oops, she is my grandmother. Sorry.

p.s.s.s., ITN, can you please say that Native Americans never had white kid with Norwegians. This is for Harvey's benefit. Skrealing and all. Just Old Norske. You understand, right?

More random wanderings, fiction, and word salad.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
28-02-2021 16:30
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(16122)
James___ wrote:
@Harvey, see how you've made this thread into something else simply because you're an American? I think everyone knows ...deleted remaining word salad...

Trolling. Word salad.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
28-02-2021 17:31
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(3643)
That was one long winded rant...

A roof, is not a boat hull... You could probably flip a boat over, and use it for a roof, for a while, anyway... It's really two different crafts, with different requirements. I can't recall anyone ever using fibrous caulking, on a roof, maybe as a quick-fix, by someone cheap, or lazy. I'm remember photos earlier of one of his neighbor's roofs, where leaks wear plugged with woman's under garments, guess that sort of close, and well illustrates your caulking proposal.

I don't know were you ever got the idea, I grew up wealthy, and had a life of ease. Income wise, we were probably barely middle class. I four brothers, so basically a family of seven, made us closer to poor. We got got the basic essentials, and little more. There was food on the table, clothes on our backs, an one warm jacket for the winter. We had a pair of shoes, and a pair of boots. A lot of clothes were handed down, and mended, until they either no longer fit, or beyond repair. We had a 1/4 garden for vegetables, and canned a lot of it. Dad bought the house on the side of the mountain, because land was cheap, for obvious reasons. We all worked, and worked hard, almost everyday, all year. I did have miles of forests to play in, when chores were done, and lacking most anything else to do. Plenty of fruits, berries, nuts to snack on, if you knew where to find them, and when they were ready. There was always fishing too, but kind of a long walk. Didn't manage to scrape up enough, to buy a bicycle, until my early teens. Yeah, if I wanted something extra, I had to figure it out myself. Mostly, doing yard work for neighbors, collecting returnable bottles and cans, for the deposit, picking berries for 7-10 cents a pound.

I learned at a very young age, that whining never got you anything, except maybe a 'handful of parenting', best avoided. Most of my life has been more of the same, and worked hard for everything I have. I don't expect any charity, or favors.

You got spoiled. The Navy, was suppose to make you grow up, but just reinforced your dependence on everybody around you. Everything is just handed to you, just hop in line. Food, clothing, shelter, everything you need, just have to ask, or hop in a line, at the appropriate time, and get paid for it. A paycheck, you really don't need to spend on anything, unless you want to. Which would be cigarettes, alcohol, and social diseases. While you were cruising the world, I was working, or looking for a better job. I didn't work, I didn't eat. I never knew what my next job would be, or what I would need to learn. You basically had the same job, or similar the whole time. You would get thrown out of the Navy, for doing your job poorly, you still get paid, and all the perks, and shifted to different duties. O had to learn, do a very good job, or get fired. A lot of jobs were seasonal, some just reduced staffing. Wasn't until I moved to Florida, that I started getting jobs that lasted more than a year, and I actually had some choice in what I did. I didn't really choose the job I have, but it paid pretty good, low expectations, great benefits.

You chose to ride the boat, for four years, and been crying about it ever since...
28-02-2021 17:58
James___
★★★★★
(5098)
HarveyH55 wrote:

You chose to ride the boat, for four years, and been crying about it ever since...

Harvey, you're demonstrating why the US is falling behind the rest of the world in things like math and science. When you say
You chose to ride the boat, for four years, and been crying about it ever since...
so pursuing a science experiment that has its origins in my having served in the Navy is crying about it? Typical American B.S.

p.s., you missed it Harvey. When I got up on stage and danced with that gal that guys were ignoring, it shows that I'm a caring, compassionate person. I didn't want her to feel like she wasn't good enough to have a guy dance with her on national TV. Stuff like that could hurt her self esteem.

And if my projects work out, I wouldn't be surprised in the Navy gets a hold of the video from the camera on stage and says "this is where he got his interest in chemistry".


and with you, ITN, IBDM, gfm and GasGuzzler, you can say Trump the Golden Idol is worthy of your praise. And yet I'm the problem?
Edited on 28-02-2021 18:32
28-02-2021 20:08
James___
★★★★★
(5098)
@Xadoman, this is a German historical project that I've been working on. I'm working through medical hardship because doctors are covering up malpractice. And I'd like to be healthy again.
If my project works, it will demonstrate how a guy over 300 years ago conserved torque as momentum. It's math intensive. After making a spreadsheet to go over the math, I started a second build.
I plan on enjoying what I'm doing and some people have nothing better to do than to be antagonists. And because I am handicapped, I have to limit how much I do everyday. Just not an easy thing to deal with sometimes.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3szmFD9mwshWwSmA8
28-02-2021 23:07
Xadoman
★★★☆☆
(615)
James___ wrote:
@Xadoman, this is a German historical project that I've been working on. I'm working through medical hardship because doctors are covering up malpractice. And I'd like to be healthy again.
If my project works, it will demonstrate how a guy over 300 years ago conserved torque as momentum. It's math intensive. After making a spreadsheet to go over the math, I started a second build.
I plan on enjoying what I'm doing and some people have nothing better to do than to be antagonists. And because I am handicapped, I have to limit how much I do everyday. Just not an easy thing to deal with sometimes.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3szmFD9mwshWwSmA8


I have to admit that I do not understand the mechanism of this device/model, but it is obvious that you are a great engineer and very good in math.
01-03-2021 06:19
James___
★★★★★
(5098)
Xadoman wrote:
James___ wrote:
@Xadoman, this is a German historical project that I've been working on. I'm working through medical hardship because doctors are covering up malpractice. And I'd like to be healthy again.
If my project works, it will demonstrate how a guy over 300 years ago conserved torque as momentum. It's math intensive. After making a spreadsheet to go over the math, I started a second build.
I plan on enjoying what I'm doing and some people have nothing better to do than to be antagonists. And because I am handicapped, I have to limit how much I do everyday. Just not an easy thing to deal with sometimes.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3szmFD9mwshWwSmA8


I have to admit that I do not understand the mechanism of this device/model, but it is obvious that you are a great engineer and very good in math.


Thanks. I hope to do a test next weekend. I'll post a video on YouTube and a link in here.
02-03-2021 17:06
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(16122)
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

You chose to ride the boat, for four years, and been crying about it ever since...

Harvey, you're demonstrating why the US is falling behind the rest of the world in things like math and science.
Caulking anything isn't math or science.
James___ wrote:
When you say
You chose to ride the boat, for four years, and been crying about it ever since...
so pursuing a science experiment that has its origins in my having served in the Navy is crying about it? Typical American B.S.

Word salad. Random wanderings.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
02-03-2021 17:08
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(16122)
Xadoman wrote:
James___ wrote:
@Xadoman, this is a German historical project that I've been working on. I'm working through medical hardship because doctors are covering up malpractice. And I'd like to be healthy again.
If my project works, it will demonstrate how a guy over 300 years ago conserved torque as momentum. It's math intensive. After making a spreadsheet to go over the math, I started a second build.
I plan on enjoying what I'm doing and some people have nothing better to do than to be antagonists. And because I am handicapped, I have to limit how much I do everyday. Just not an easy thing to deal with sometimes.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3szmFD9mwshWwSmA8


I have to admit that I do not understand the mechanism of this device/model, but it is obvious that you are a great engineer and very good in math.

None of this wacky machine requires much math or engineering to construct.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
03-03-2021 21:32
James___
★★★★★
(5098)
Into the Night wrote:
Xadoman wrote:
James___ wrote:
@Xadoman, this is a German historical project that I've been working on. I'm working through medical hardship because doctors are covering up malpractice. And I'd like to be healthy again.
If my project works, it will demonstrate how a guy over 300 years ago conserved torque as momentum. It's math intensive. After making a spreadsheet to go over the math, I started a second build.
I plan on enjoying what I'm doing and some people have nothing better to do than to be antagonists. And because I am handicapped, I have to limit how much I do everyday. Just not an easy thing to deal with sometimes.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3szmFD9mwshWwSmA8


I have to admit that I do not understand the mechanism of this device/model, but it is obvious that you are a great engineer and very good in math.

None of this wacky machine requires much math or engineering to construct.



Since Xadoman complimented me, some of the random numbers that I'm getting ready to test. Yet learning how to make spreadsheets doesn't matter for something like this if you don't know math.
One of the goals is to do a show at Utrecht University. I mean I'd also get to see the German Rock band The Gäs. And I bought myself a new cordless jigsaw. I have quite a few parts I need to make and a simplified manufacturing process will reduce the amount of work that I'll need to do. I am going to reinforce the joints around the wheel. And if the test goes well, then I'll need to replace the plywood frame parts with a hard wood.
All in all, this is a years long project. This is where if it works out okay, I'll have a lot of friends in Europe.


p.s., there's more to it. I could end up with a pretty active social and work life because of it. And with this snipped image of the spreadsheet, there's a lot more to it.

p.s.s., and for you ITN, you need to remember that f = ma. An example is if a water wheel has a moment of inertia of 2 meters * the average of it's mass inside and outside of 2 meters, why it's the MOI, since KE = 1/2mv^2, you can calculate how much energy is required to rotate the water wheel a certain velocity.
That would let you know how large the buckets need to be to catch the flow of the water fall. Water wheels can be quite heavy. And if you don't have a sufficient flow from a water fall, then ? And all this goes back to is if enough torque is being generated to perform meaningful work.

Attached image:


Edited on 03-03-2021 21:39
04-03-2021 07:36
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(16122)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Xadoman wrote:
James___ wrote:
@Xadoman, this is a German historical project that I've been working on. I'm working through medical hardship because doctors are covering up malpractice. And I'd like to be healthy again.
If my project works, it will demonstrate how a guy over 300 years ago conserved torque as momentum. It's math intensive. After making a spreadsheet to go over the math, I started a second build.
I plan on enjoying what I'm doing and some people have nothing better to do than to be antagonists. And because I am handicapped, I have to limit how much I do everyday. Just not an easy thing to deal with sometimes.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3szmFD9mwshWwSmA8


I have to admit that I do not understand the mechanism of this device/model, but it is obvious that you are a great engineer and very good in math.

None of this wacky machine requires much math or engineering to construct.



Since Xadoman complimented me, some of the random numbers that I'm getting ready to test. Yet learning how to make spreadsheets doesn't matter for something like this if you don't know math.
One of the goals is to do a show at Utrecht University. I mean I'd also get to see the German Rock band The Gäs. And I bought myself a new cordless jigsaw. I have quite a few parts I need to make and a simplified manufacturing process will reduce the amount of work that I'll need to do. I am going to reinforce the joints around the wheel. And if the test goes well, then I'll need to replace the plywood frame parts with a hard wood.
All in all, this is a years long project. This is where if it works out okay, I'll have a lot of friends in Europe.


p.s., there's more to it. I could end up with a pretty active social and work life because of it. And with this snipped image of the spreadsheet, there's a lot more to it.

p.s.s., and for you ITN, you need to remember that f = ma. An example is if a water wheel has a moment of inertia of 2 meters * the average of it's mass inside and outside of 2 meters, why it's the MOI, since KE = 1/2mv^2, you can calculate how much energy is required to rotate the water wheel a certain velocity.
That would let you know how large the buckets need to be to catch the flow of the water fall. Water wheels can be quite heavy. And if you don't have a sufficient flow from a water fall, then ? And all this goes back to is if enough torque is being generated to perform meaningful work.

Random wanderings. Word salad.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
10-03-2021 20:02
James___
★★★★★
(5098)
Xadoman wrote:
James___ wrote:
@Xadoman, this is a German historical project that I've been working on. I'm working through medical hardship because doctors are covering up malpractice. And I'd like to be healthy again.
If my project works, it will demonstrate how a guy over 300 years ago conserved torque as momentum. It's math intensive. After making a spreadsheet to go over the math, I started a second build.
I plan on enjoying what I'm doing and some people have nothing better to do than to be antagonists. And because I am handicapped, I have to limit how much I do everyday. Just not an easy thing to deal with sometimes.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3szmFD9mwshWwSmA8


I have to admit that I do not understand the mechanism of this device/model, but it is obvious that you are a great engineer and very good in math.



I thought I'd show you another example of mechanical engineering. This guy went on to a career as a mechanical engineer. And when someone told him to jump, he did it higher and better. He actually won an Olympic Gold Medal because he was a mechanical engineering student. And what he did is called a flop today.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZsH46Ek2ao
11-03-2021 00:43
Xadoman
★★★☆☆
(615)
James___ wrote:
Xadoman wrote:
James___ wrote:
@Xadoman, this is a German historical project that I've been working on. I'm working through medical hardship because doctors are covering up malpractice. And I'd like to be healthy again.
If my project works, it will demonstrate how a guy over 300 years ago conserved torque as momentum. It's math intensive. After making a spreadsheet to go over the math, I started a second build.
I plan on enjoying what I'm doing and some people have nothing better to do than to be antagonists. And because I am handicapped, I have to limit how much I do everyday. Just not an easy thing to deal with sometimes.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3szmFD9mwshWwSmA8


I have to admit that I do not understand the mechanism of this device/model, but it is obvious that you are a great engineer and very good in math.



I thought I'd show you another example of mechanical engineering. This guy went on to a career as a mechanical engineer. And when someone told him to jump, he did it higher and better. He actually won an Olympic Gold Medal because he was a mechanical engineering student. And what he did is called a flop today.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZsH46Ek2ao



He was probably also drug free back then. Nowadays I almost do not watch sports anymore because of the drugs in the sports. I do not say it is good or bad to take steroids but I would like to see how quick and strong a person could become without steroids.
11-03-2021 00:52
James___
★★★★★
(5098)
Xadoman wrote:
James___ wrote:
Xadoman wrote:
James___ wrote:
@Xadoman, this is a German historical project that I've been working on. I'm working through medical hardship because doctors are covering up malpractice. And I'd like to be healthy again.
If my project works, it will demonstrate how a guy over 300 years ago conserved torque as momentum. It's math intensive. After making a spreadsheet to go over the math, I started a second build.
I plan on enjoying what I'm doing and some people have nothing better to do than to be antagonists. And because I am handicapped, I have to limit how much I do everyday. Just not an easy thing to deal with sometimes.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3szmFD9mwshWwSmA8


I have to admit that I do not understand the mechanism of this device/model, but it is obvious that you are a great engineer and very good in math.



I thought I'd show you another example of mechanical engineering. This guy went on to a career as a mechanical engineer. And when someone told him to jump, he did it higher and better. He actually won an Olympic Gold Medal because he was a mechanical engineering student. And what he did is called a flop today.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZsH46Ek2ao



He was probably also drug free back then. Nowadays I almost do not watch sports anymore because of the drugs in the sports. I do not say it is good or bad to take steroids but I would like to see how quick and strong a person could become without steroids.



And now you're getting into Prefontaine. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuEn_DKIh_E He finished 4th. Yet he wanted to push the race and he did. In some ways it's about pushing yourself.
02-04-2021 21:44
Xadoman
★★★☆☆
(615)
I started to install external cladding. I went with 2 inch air gap and wooden boards on the battens horizontally. I want to paint it green. What kind of paint would you use on the wooden boards that are not plane but a little bit rough( sawn ). I myself think to use swedish type of paint which would soak into the wood and would be easy to renew if time goes by. I am not sure though how much protection to the wood it offers compared to other types of paints.

03-04-2021 23:01
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(10007)
Xadoman wrote:I want to paint it green. What kind of paint would you use on the wooden boards that are not plane but a little bit rough( sawn ).


You should consider ALL the possibilities before you make any sort of final decision.




.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
04-04-2021 01:38
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(3643)
Emerald green, with a yellow brick road, leading up to it...
04-04-2021 02:22
James___
★★★★★
(5098)
Xadoman wrote:
I started to install external cladding. I went with 2 inch air gap and wooden boards on the battens horizontally. I want to paint it green. What kind of paint would you use on the wooden boards that are not plane but a little bit rough( sawn ). I myself think to use swedish type of paint which would soak into the wood and would be easy to renew if time goes by. I am not sure though how much protection to the wood it offers compared to other types of paints.




With the pictures that we've seen, we haven't seen how it looks in the summer.
Green would help it to fit into such a scenery. Most of what we've seen has been the off season.
You might need to do some research for what finishes work best where you live.
Where I live I wouldn't have your concerns.
04-04-2021 03:12
Xadoman
★★★☆☆
(615)
You should consider ALL the possibilities before you make any sort of final decision.


Dark green looks the best imo.

You might need to do some research for what finishes work best where you live.
Where I live I wouldn't have your concerns.


The trouble with me is that I can not choose. There are many possibilities and I keep searching and searching for information to find out which one would be the best option. Some say the swedish paint is really good, others say that why would anyone use such paint if you could use some higher quality paint.
04-04-2021 03:59
James___
★★★★★
(5098)
Xadoman wrote:
You should consider ALL the possibilities before you make any sort of final decision.


Dark green looks the best imo.

You might need to do some research for what finishes work best where you live.
Where I live I wouldn't have your concerns.


The trouble with me is that I can not choose. There are many possibilities and I keep searching and searching for information to find out which one would be the best option. Some say the swedish paint is really good, others say that why would anyone use such paint if you could use some higher quality paint.



This is the problem with living in different parts of the world. From the wood working that I do, you might choose a colour that you like and then coat it with a polyurethane cover.
And the colour that you like might be able to be mixed into it. With polyurethane, it is like applying thin coats of plastic when it dries.
This is an example of what I am talking about. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgIS_5gZcDc
With what I've posted, it is taking things in a different direction. I'm not discussing painting something. Paint could cover it.
Edited on 04-04-2021 04:05
04-04-2021 05:38
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(10007)
Xadoman wrote:Dark green looks the best imo.

So no purple stucco?



.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
04-04-2021 06:37
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(3643)
Xadoman wrote:
You should consider ALL the possibilities before you make any sort of final decision.


Dark green looks the best imo.

You might need to do some research for what finishes work best where you live.
Where I live I wouldn't have your concerns.


The trouble with me is that I can not choose. There are many possibilities and I keep searching and searching for information to find out which one would be the best option. Some say the swedish paint is really good, others say that why would anyone use such paint if you could use some higher quality paint.


Paint serves a purpose, besides appearance. Mostly, your concern would be to block moisture from outside. Doubt sun damage is a huge issue there. Wood does absorb some moisture from the air, and it also dries back out. A hard coat, like the polyurethane, probably isn't the best choice for the application, since you want the wood to 'breath'. You have moisture, and you have freezing cold, you'll get cracks, and have to re-finish. Simple enough to ask some neighbors, or painters in the area, what they use. Go to a local paint, or hardware store, and see which types of house paint they stock the most. You can usually ask, and get an honest answer. Really not much benefit in trying to up-sell, on certain products in a hardware store. Your value of their advice, means you will keep coming back, for a huge variety of reasons. Selling bad advice, is like selling crappy products, if the customer isn't happy with the purchase.
04-04-2021 13:56
Xadoman
★★★☆☆
(615)
So no purple stucco?


Your favourite? I am afraid not because in my mind I have already a long time ago decided that it is going to be green. Other buildings are red and brown and normally I would go for red but I think I need a little bit of variety in this case.
Edited on 04-04-2021 14:05
04-04-2021 14:01
Xadoman
★★★☆☆
(615)
Wood does absorb some moisture from the air, and it also dries back out. A hard coat, like the polyurethane, probably isn't the best choice for the application, since you want the wood to 'breath'. You have moisture, and you have freezing cold, you'll get cracks, and have to re-finish.


That is my concerne with premium high end paints. They might give a good initial protection and appareance for wood but pretty soon they will start to crack and peel off and repainting would be a nightmare because of the surface preparation requirements. I will probably just go for the swedish type of paint which "breathes" and does not have the problem of cracking and peeling off.
05-04-2021 20:28
James___
★★★★★
(5098)
Have you worked with stencils? You could give it a base coat of brown or green. Then you could use stencils to paint branches and leaves on it. Here's an example;
https://images.app.goo.gl/6wG3KQMoYbB7TJvU7
or
https://images.app.goo.gl/uY8MtfqbJSVhgKb8A
Edited on 05-04-2021 20:30
05-04-2021 22:51
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(3643)
James___ wrote:
Have you worked with stencils? You could give it a base coat of brown or green. Then you could use stencils to paint branches and leaves on it. Here's an example;
https://images.app.goo.gl/6wG3KQMoYbB7TJvU7
or
https://images.app.goo.gl/uY8MtfqbJSVhgKb8A


Why hide a $6,000 crap-box? I'd go with safety yellow, so people in need, won't mistake the tool shed, and not even care...
05-04-2021 23:10
Xadoman
★★★☆☆
(615)
$6,000


That ship has saled. I am closinq to 12000 right now. It amazes me how small things will eventually add up.
I started to invest money into shitcoins to get at least some of the money back that has gone into this project.
ps. Do not get me wrong, I do not regret a penny that has gone into this project but I have seen what is going on in the cryptomarket and this is completely insane how some of the coins could rise 1000x in a month. Imagine putting 12000 into safemoon 3 weeks ago. I would be a millionaire today.
Edited on 05-04-2021 23:19
06-04-2021 01:12
James___
★★★★★
(5098)
Xadoman wrote:
$6,000


That ship has saled. I am closinq to 12000 right now. It amazes me how small things will eventually add up.
I started to invest money into shitcoins to get at least some of the money back that has gone into this project.
ps. Do not get me wrong, I do not regret a penny that has gone into this project but I have seen what is going on in the cryptomarket and this is completely insane how some of the coins could rise 1000x in a month. Imagine putting 12000 into safemoon 3 weeks ago. I would be a millionaire today.



He must have missed the adjacent A-frame. With the crypto market, I'm not sure how people find value in money with no set exchange rate. All someone has to do is ask their friends to dump a lot onto the market. That will drive down prices and then they buy cheap.
Henry Ford did that to take Ford Motor Co. private. He said his son was going to be CEO. That happened but daddy still ran things. Kind of why the US has the Securities and Exchange Commission or SEC.

It will probably be next week when I can post an animation of what I'm building.
If this build works, then I'll most likely need to do one that will look like actual wood working. I think the animation will help people to understand it.
I'll also probably start designing my next project. It will use a different principle.
It's just that physics considers the natural order of things while engineering perverts them to its own end.
10-04-2021 22:05
James___
★★★★★
(5098)
Xadoman, this is what I'm building. If it works, the animation might be accurate as to how fast it will rotate. And if it works, I'll probably help to raise money for charities in Europe. It's just that if it does work, a guy made it back in 1712 in the Republic of Saxony which eventually became Saxony, Germany. And Utrecht University has an original Bessler book that is rare. I have things I'd like to do and this could help. As for the design, if it works then people might consider the math behind it and how the pulleys allow for the swing of a pendulum to swing from an axis other than the fulcrum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuBs2csXOfo
Edited on 10-04-2021 22:35
11-04-2021 03:06
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(3643)
Gravity wheels don't work... There is no anti-gravity, negative gravity, or any of that sci-fi stuff. Gravity works equally, on all parts of your device. Takes the same work, to lift the weight, as it produces falling. Then, you have friction, and a few other unavoidables.
11-04-2021 05:52
James___
★★★★★
(5098)
There's a simpler device that can be built. The weight dropping in the bottom right generates more torque than the weight on the left side requires to be lifted.
And when it rotates 90°, the pulley that is at a right angle to the arm will be the same distance from the disc where the line contacts it. It's just that the line doesn't follow a straight line to the fulcrum.

Ignore the math in the attached image. A 90 degree arc segment is 1.57 times longer than its radius and not 1.186. A radius of 10 inches will have a 90 degree arc segment 15.7 inches long.
When the disc in the animation rolls out, note where the pulley under it is. Then after 90 degrees of rotation, where is it? It goes from directly below the right side of the disc to its left side. What is the distance to the fulcrum at the top right of the disc from both positions? That is what changes.
And there are some details that will be pretty cool if everything works out.
Attached image:


Edited on 11-04-2021 06:40
11-04-2021 07:33
James___
★★★★★
(5098)
Actually, the weight disc will move according to a different equation. It will probably rotate fairly quickly. It's just that I've changed the mechanics but not how I factored it. It should keep me busy for the next month or so but that will be okay.
11-04-2021 18:43
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(3643)
I've seen a lot of gravity wheel designs, and they all pretty much fail for the same reason. They need a very careful, and precise balance, just to give any hope of working, when spun up. Usually the tools and materials used are the blame, as an excuse, and a plea for funding.

Gravity is effecting every part of your wheel, at the same time. Doesn't matter where you place the weights. You have 4 weights, but only on doing the work, to move the other 3, and the rest of the wheel. It's simply that you can't get more out, than you put into it. The best you can hope for, is that it spins an impressive while. Any load you add, to get meaningful work, will shorten the spin time, and you have to add more energy to keep it spinning.

Have considered, how many people devote their entire lives to physics, mechanics, machining? We have some very impressive tools. NASA has provided us with a lot of materials, not even dreamed of 50 years ago. We have computer programs to analyze pretty much anything, some even free to download. Whether some of these professionals, have the free energy bug, or just as a fun hobby, none have ever perfected any perpetual motion machine. Gravity wheels, are just one of many schemes, people have pursued, to get something, for nothing.
11-04-2021 20:20
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(16122)
James___ wrote:
Actually, the weight disc will move according to a different equation. It will probably rotate fairly quickly. It's just that I've changed the mechanics but not how I factored it. It should keep me busy for the next month or so but that will be okay.

Yet another Bessler wheel. It is not a perpetual motion machine. I will fail just like any other attempt at a perpetual motion machine. See the 1st law of thermodynamics.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan
Page 10 of 12<<<89101112>





Join the debate Septic tanks and water pollution:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Hot Water Unit13117-07-2021 05:51
US Water Shortaages2628-04-2021 23:02
water supply1521-01-2021 11:33
Desalination and evaporation of sea water at both poles1019-11-2020 23:57
water water water1231-01-2020 22:44
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact