Remember me
▼ Content

School lessons increasingly a target for climate skeptics

School lessons increasingly a target for climate skeptics06-03-2019 18:36
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
https://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/school-lessons-increasingly-a-target-for-climate-skeptics-1.4324511
06-03-2019 22:00
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21597)
Because they are propaganda. Teaching religion in public schools should be banned. It is not the schools place to teach about the Church of Global Warming, the Church of Evolution, the Church of the Big Bang, atheism, Christianity, or any other religion.
07-03-2019 02:36
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
It's not just religion, but anything opinion based, shouldn't be taught. Kids should be left to form their own opinions, freely. Really surprised that parents aren't more concerned about all the political garbage being forced on their children. Then again, doubt most of them spend much time teach their kids much of anything anymore, it's the government's responsiblity, and what they pay taxes for...
07-03-2019 19:22
(21597)
HarveyH55 wrote:
It's not just religion, but anything opinion based, shouldn't be taught. Kids should be left to form their own opinions, freely. Really surprised that parents aren't more concerned about all the political garbage being forced on their children. Then again, doubt most of them spend much time teach their kids much of anything anymore, it's the government's responsiblity, and what they pay taxes for...

Schools are still somewhat effective in teaching people to read (although they only end up on about a third grade level upon graduating), and the do teach arithmetic and algebra (although always couched with 'the message').

They suck at science. They suck at any higher level of mathematics. They don't teach logic at all. They don't teach philosophy at all. They are constantly teaching history that never happened, and failing to teach history that happened.

And always, always, 'the message' pervades it all.

It's no wonder kids are so illiterate coming out of school on so many things.

In government operated colleges and universities, they STILL don't teach much. They barely touch logic, and they either don't teach philosophy (even in 'philosophy' classes!) or if they do, they tend to concentrate on a few examples of phenomenology only without explaining what it is. Mostly what they teach in philosophy classes are paradoxes as 'philosophy' (when it's actually a part of logic).

In certain majors, they actually kind of teach some things about that major. Aerospace students do learn some of the math and engineering concerning aerospace, computer students do learn some things about computers, medical students do learn some things about biology (although with the 'evolution message', which has nothing to do with biology). You might say these institutions are more engineering schools, rather than colleges or universities. Actual engineering schools commonly outclass them.

By the time these kids come out of a college education, they are quite indoctrinated. Deprogramming them can be very difficult, if you don't start early, when they are still in grade school.

Even when I went to grade school it was a problem. I learned:
* that football coaches commonly teach math or science.
* that some electronic instructors teach that current flows from positive to negative (it doesn't).
* that many math teachers fall for the 'Pythagorean Sucker Theorem', which allows you to simplify a^2+b^2=c^2 to a+b=c.
* that most science instructors can't explain how either Newton's or Einstein's theories came about or how they were tested. They sometimes mention Kepler, but can't explain his theories or how they were tested either. They even have trouble with Galileo. Put these twits into quantum physics and they are totally lost. They simply call these 'proven science' (science has no proofs).
* that tomatoes are vegetables (they aren't).
* that man is not part of nature (except for the purposes of the 'evolution message') and is constantly at odds with nature.
* that our government is as pure as the wind driven snow, and that the Russian government consists of the KGB, nuclear weapons, and little else.
* that if you hide under your crappy desk, you can survive a direct nuclear blast to the city the school is sitting in.
* that no one knew America was here until Columbus discovered it (he didn't).
* that the Constitution of the United States was the first joining of the colonies into a nation (it wasn't).
* that FDR won WW2 (he didn't), and that he ended the Great Depression (he didn't).
* that the American indian was warlike and cruel (yet never mentioning the Trail of Tears and who caused it) and that cowboys were all good guys (except those that wore black hats).
* that violence and assault is wrong (unless the teacher does it).

What a general waste of 12 years. It's gotten a lot worse too. 'The message' is always there.

Fortunately, I had good parents, that DID teach me far more than grade school ever did.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 07-03-2019 19:23
07-03-2019 22:38
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
I got bored in school most of the time, about third or fourth grade, some subjects were pretty same or similar there after. I liked the math and sciences. We didn't have much on TV, or video games, so I did a lot of reading, pretty much what interested me. The climate was mostly cold and wet, so lots of indoor time. Use to do a lot of my 'homework' assignments in the boring classes, so I didn't have to carry the books home. College sucked, because the first two years, they require a lot of BS, that you learned already, had to pay to sit through, had very little to do with your major. The electronics, was so basic, little better than High School shop class, and no projects of your own choosing. Affirmative action didn't apply for my financial aid, so I had to earn the money to pay for stuff I didn't need or want. Guess, I really didn't pay enough attention the propaganda stuff, mostly, if it didn't seem to be of any use or value, I just kept track of points that would like be on the quiz or exams, then basically guess my way through. I just found I could learn better on my own, the things I wanted, or needed, still do teach myself.
08-03-2019 21:01
(21597)
HarveyH55 wrote:
I got bored in school most of the time, about third or fourth grade, some subjects were pretty same or similar there after. I liked the math and sciences. We didn't have much on TV, or video games, so I did a lot of reading, pretty much what interested me. The climate was mostly cold and wet, so lots of indoor time. Use to do a lot of my 'homework' assignments in the boring classes, so I didn't have to carry the books home. College sucked, because the first two years, they require a lot of BS, that you learned already, had to pay to sit through, had very little to do with your major. The electronics, was so basic, little better than High School shop class, and no projects of your own choosing. Affirmative action didn't apply for my financial aid, so I had to earn the money to pay for stuff I didn't need or want. Guess, I really didn't pay enough attention the propaganda stuff, mostly, if it didn't seem to be of any use or value, I just kept track of points that would like be on the quiz or exams, then basically guess my way through. I just found I could learn better on my own, the things I wanted, or needed, still do teach myself.

...and the learning never stops, once you learn to learn on your own!

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
09-03-2019 17:39
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14407)
Into the Night wrote:
Because they are propaganda. Teaching religion in public schools should be banned. It is not the schools place to teach about the Church of Global Warming, the Church of Evolution, the Church of the Big Bang, atheism, Christianity, or any other religion.

Don't forget special mention of Marxism "education" totally screwing with children's minds and rendering them unable to think for themselves.

I agree with your sentiment about the teaching of certain speculations of the past (e.g. Big Bang, Evolution) in science class as they are today. I would be fine if they were presented as examples of theories that are internally consistent and externally consistent with the science being taught, I.e. specifying that they are not science themselves.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
09-03-2019 18:16
(21597)
IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Don't forget special mention of Marxism "education" totally screwing with children's minds and rendering them unable to think for themselves.

I agree with your sentiment about the teaching of certain speculations of the past (e.g. Big Bang, Evolution) in science class as they are today. I would be fine if they were presented as examples of theories that are internally consistent and externally consistent with the science being taught, I.e. specifying that they are not science themselves.

If, and only if, they openly specified that, I could agree. Unfortunately, they don't.

As I described above, even most 'science' teachers in grade school teach almost nothing for science. They even have difficulty with Newton's laws. They can't describe how they came about, or even who the 'giants' were that Newton stood on the shoulders of to 'see further than most'.

Put e=mc^2 in front of these guys and they are totally lost. They have no idea where this equation comes from or why Einstein used it.

The one I had in my high school knew more about football than science, and he wasn't even a good football coach. We lost most of the games we played.

Now maybe I'm singling out my school as representative of most other high schools and committing a compositional error, but from what I read from the papers and from what others argue here, I am quite probably talking from reasonably solid ground here.

The Parrot Killer

10-03-2019 00:59
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14407)
Into the Night wrote:
If, and only if, they openly specified that, I could agree. Unfortunately, they don't.

Correct. Instead, schools inculcate the notion that the speculation of the day is "science." We all lose when this happens but Christians particularly get zonked because they often speculate differently from the speculation of the day, but they get beaten over the head with "You morons deny SCIENCE. You're so STUPID!"

Competing religions have warred ever since there have been religions. Marxists consider Christianity to be enemy #1 so they refer to their Marxist religions as "settled science" and "inevitable economics" and they attack Christians at every opportunity.

It is this Marxist compulsion that makes hunting them so easy for me ... that and the fact that they are all scientifically illiterate and economically inept.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist

Join the debate School lessons increasingly a target for climate skeptics:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Catholic student arrested at school for merely stating "that men and women are different"921-02-2024 21:44
You may not wave the American flag at any school, in the new Communist states of America128-08-2023 13:22
Target chose to sell faggy wear and just lost 9 billion dollars. Life is great327-05-2023 22:12
Transgender dickhead as-hole jerkoff shoots up Christian school. CNN praises the loser and blames Trump028-03-2023 02:05
Do not engage the target, as he might actually shut up and stop divulging info1017-02-2023 20:50
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact