school curriculum

school curriculum12-06-2020 06:04
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Saturday 13 June
AUS Monthly Guest Speaker (online) @ 2:00pm
2 pm NSW, VIC, ACT, TAS, QLD | 1.30 pm SA, NT | 12 pm WA

"Climate Change into the School Curriculum": Dr Eilam is a senior lecturer at the College of Arts & Education, Victoria University. She has been involved with recent research on what information and action is needed to properly educate students on climate change, especially given the urgency of the crisis. Dr. Eilam will be talking about her research on how information is collated and condensed into what constitutes the nature of climate change, how that is applied to the education curriculum, and how that curriculum is influenced by the political climate. More info... Come online to Zoom. All welcome. To hear the talk, this Saturday click the link: https://citizensclimate.zoom.us/j/7868786878

I hope to sit in on this as it is part of my new friends group CCLA .So we need to urgently tell the children they are bad for daring to live.This is where the alarmists are going to do harm

duncan61
12-06-2020 06:32
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
duncan61 wrote:
Saturday 13 June
AUS Monthly Guest Speaker (online) @ 2:00pm
2 pm NSW, VIC, ACT, TAS, QLD | 1.30 pm SA, NT | 12 pm WA

"Climate Change into the School Curriculum": Dr Eilam is a senior lecturer at the College of Arts & Education, Victoria University. She has been involved with recent research on what information and action is needed to properly educate students on climate change, especially given the urgency of the crisis. Dr. Eilam will be talking about her research on how information is collated and condensed into what constitutes the nature of climate change, how that is applied to the education curriculum, and how that curriculum is influenced by the political climate. More info... Come online to Zoom. All welcome. To hear the talk, this Saturday click the link: https://citizensclimate.zoom.us/j/7868786878

I hope to sit in on this as it is part of my new friends group CCLA .So we need to urgently tell the children they are bad for daring to live.This is where the alarmists are going to do harm

I'm pretty sure climate change has be part of the curriculum for a decade or more. Perhaps, this is just pushing it in, a little more substantially, like have a seperate class, totally dedicated to the topic, instead of just spending a week or two, and moving on to more serious issues.

Personally, I think public schools, funded by tax dollars, need to reduce the course load, and focus more on the essentials. More than half the student won't even need a high school diploma for the jobs they wind up with. There are plenty of online, and local opportunities to supplement a more basic public education, if students or parents, wish to pursue a more advanced education. Public school should only be teaching the basics skills everyone needs, to learn, and function in society. Most jobs will train you to do the work they require. Just seem pointless to force every student to be college ready, when most won't need to actually attend college, or can do that later, if they choose.
Join the debate school curriculum:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Catholic student arrested at school for merely stating "that men and women are different"921-02-2024 21:44
You may not wave the American flag at any school, in the new Communist states of America128-08-2023 13:22
Transgender dickhead as-hole jerkoff shoots up Christian school. CNN praises the loser and blames Trump028-03-2023 02:05
Young Protesters skip school...621-09-2019 14:26
Need school answers201-05-2019 15:49
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact