☆☆☆☆☆
(6)
See the file attached.
11-08-2019 03:33
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
Ptychodus wrote:
See the file attached.

No files attached. Must not of made it past the forum's virus filter...
11-08-2019 05:45
Ptychodus
☆☆☆☆☆
(6)
Thanks. Well I tried. I know it is not too big and as far as I know the title is OK. It is a doc. file which it says is accepted. It is not clear what was wrong. I am trying again. It has the file as an attachment. I can't swear it doesn't have some unknown virus, but I don't think so.
11-08-2019 05:47
Ptychodus
☆☆☆☆☆
(6)
I got this. Invalid attachment filename or filesize. As I wrote, it is not >2Mb and the title is "Climate Change .doc"
11-08-2019 06:00
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
I was sort of kidding about the virus filter. I had a lot of trouble uploading photos, almost gave up. It was really picky, had to re-size, compress, and basically guess. It was less than 2 meg, dimensions were under the limit. Sort of guess maybe the ratio. Messed with it so many times, I'm not real sure what made it work.
11-08-2019 06:26
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
Rename your file GB1 and try it.
11-08-2019 06:40
Ptychodus
☆☆☆☆☆
(6)
OK, here goes

Attached file:
gb1.doc
11-08-2019 06:40
Ptychodus
☆☆☆☆☆
(6)
Worked! Thanks.
11-08-2019 06:57
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
I think this can be posted as a normal post. It'll be much easier that way. I'd suggest presenting one portion to start?

I have found a few the same images you used for you:

Edited on 11-08-2019 06:58
11-08-2019 08:07
Ptychodus
☆☆☆☆☆
(6)
I tried it and as you noted the pictures don't come through. I need to learn how to convert to omg, but it may take a while.
11-08-2019 10:26
(3979)
Ptychodus wrote:
I tried it and as you noted the pictures don't come through. I need to learn how to convert to omg, but it may take a while.

It's easy. Go to google and click on the image search. Upload the photo you have and want to use so google can find it online. Once you do grab the URL and you can include it in your post like so:

blah blah blah
(img)http://myimage.com/image.jpg(/img)

but the ( are [

If you click "quote" on my post you'll see how I did it.
11-08-2019 10:26
(3979)
Ptychodus wrote:

It's easy. Go to google and click on the image search. Upload the photo you have and want to use so google can find it online. Once you do grab the URL and you can include it in your post like so:

blah blah blah
(img)http://myimage.com/image.jpg(/img)

but the ( are [

If you click "quote" on my post you'll see how I did it.
11-08-2019 19:19
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
Ptychodus wrote:Worked! Thanks.

Any rational person will summarily dismiss this document after reading the first two paragraphs.

From the uploaded rant: My big problem is with the certainty with which scientists assert that the recent global warming/climate change is being caused by human activity and that if human activities to produce CO2 continue unabated it will lead to catastrophic results.

1) the names of the "scientists" are not provided. I don't care about the opinions of unidentified strangers with whom I am not conversing. My assumption is that they aren't even scientists anyway.

2) global warming is not defined
3) this "climate" thing is not defined
4) the manner in which this "climate" thing is changing is not specified.
5) "human activities" is not specified
6) the "catastrophic results" to be discussed are not only not specified, there is zero clarity about category, magnitude or context

From the uploaded rant:Based on my own study of the data,

7) major foul. No valid datasets were provided to the readers. Rant dismissed on this point alone.

From the uploaded rant: I am convinced that the climate scientists do not have any certainty about the future of the NATURAL variability in temperature and that biologists have no idea of the potential adaptability of the flora and fauna.

8) so this is just an opinion essay.
9) a "climate scientist" is just a political activist. I don't care what one has to say, much less about the official group-think of a bunch of fanatics.
10) From The MANUAL:

Natural Variation: noun
The extent of the Greenhouse Effect miracle that is caused by Climate and is considered "a force of good."

Climate Sensitivity or Climate Variation: noun
The extent of the Greenhouse Effect miracle that is caused by Global Warming and is imposed on Climate. This is considered "a force of evil."

11) potential adaptability? What does this have to do with anything?

From the uploaded rant: Let me make it clear up front, I am not a climate scientist. However, I spent my career examining uncertainty in statistical models and looking for evidence that an association is evidence of causation.

12) nonetheless the author never learned that it is required to present the valid dataset to the readers.

From the uploaded rant: Since I have retired, I have spent my time as an amateur paleontologist and have an on the ground understanding of the earths climatic and biological history.

13) there is no such thing as a global climate, even tmiddles can EVADE telling you that. There can't be a history of that which does not exist.

From the uploaded rant: I live in Alabama where all of the geologic periods, except Permian, Triassic and Jurassic, appear somewhere on the surface.

14) Do I sense "prophesy by proxy" forthcoming?

I will read no further. Dismissed!

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist

Join the debate Sceptic-looking for critique:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact