Remember me
▼ Content

Record temperatures, AGW accelerating

Record temperatures, AGW accelerating31-08-2016 20:06
Surface Detail
★★★★☆
(1673)
Nasa: Earth is warming at a pace 'unprecedented in 1,000 years'

"The planet is warming at a pace not experienced within the past 1,000 years, at least, making it "very unlikely" that the world will stay within a crucial temperature limit agreed by nations just last year, according to Nasa's top climate scientist."

I'm sure the usual suspects will be along to claim that NASA can't do science, is part of a worldwide Marxist conspiracy or hates America. Take it away, boys!
31-08-2016 22:08
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
How dare you bring stuff about the climate to the climate debate forum, All this stuff about global warming is clearly in violation of the Duning-Kruger effect anyway.
31-08-2016 22:12
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
I just found this. It's from a blog but it is quoting a paper in Nature.

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2016/08/28/overestimated-global-warming-over-the-past-20-years/

The inconsistency between observed and simulated global warming is even more striking for temperature trends computed over the past fifteen years (1998–2012). For this period, the observed trend of 0.05 ± 0.08 °C per decade is more than four times smaller than the average simulated trend of 0.21 ± 0.03 °C per decade (Fig. 1b). It is worth noting that the observed trend over this period — not significantly different from zero — suggests a temporary 'hiatus' in global warming.

The paper is 4 years old. But then the temperature record since than is still too close to zero change that it's only true to say it's been very stable since 1998.

Odd given that vertully all the models say we should be warming rapidly. Just maybe the models are wrong.

John C. Fyfe. John C. Fyfe. Senior Research Scientist - Global climate variability and climate change. Canadian Centre for Climate Modelling and Analysis (Victoria, BC).

Nathan Gillett holds a PhD in atmospheric physics from the University of Oxford. ... on the detection and attribution of climate change, before being appointed as ...

Francis W. Zwiers is Chief of the Canadian Centre for Climate Modelling and Analysis, Atmospheric. Environment Service, Victoria, Canada, and an Adjunct.

To those who have said that there has been no pause in the warming I say up yours.
Edited on 31-08-2016 22:19
01-09-2016 02:14
Surface Detail
★★★★☆
(1673)
Tim the plumber wrote:
The paper is 4 years old. But then the temperature record since than is still too close to zero change that it's only true to say it's been very stable since 1998.

Why the lies, Tim?

2015 is hottest year on record

"The global average surface temperature in 2015 broke all previous records by a strikingly wide margin, at 0.76±0.1° Celsius above the 1961-1990 average. For the first time on record, temperatures in 2015 were about 1°C above the pre-industrial era, according to a consolidated analysis from the World Meteorological Organization (WMO).

WMO combines three internationally-renowned observational datasets with those from sophisticated reanalysis systems. As such it provides the most authoritative international reference source

Fifteen of the 16 hottest years on record have all been this century, with 2015 being significantly warmer than the record-level temperatures seen in 2014. Underlining the long-term trend, 2011-15 is the warmest five-year period on record."
01-09-2016 05:19
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
Surface Detail wrote:I'm sure the usual suspects will be along to claim that NASA can't do science, is part of a worldwide Marxist conspiracy or hates America. Take it away, boys!

You pretty much have it. NASA can't measure the earth's average global temperature. Only the most gullible will buy their assertion.

...which brings us to the scientifically illiterate and economics-challenged Marxists who are enamored with Global Warming because they perceive it to be a potent weapon in their war against capitalism and a useful tool towards achieving their goal of redistributing the world's wealth.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
01-09-2016 08:44
Gogsy
☆☆☆☆☆
(23)
It would appear that this does not apply to the Scottish highlands.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-37020327
01-09-2016 15:01
Surface Detail
★★★★☆
(1673)
IBdaMann wrote:
Surface Detail wrote:I'm sure the usual suspects will be along to claim that NASA can't do science, is part of a worldwide Marxist conspiracy or hates America. Take it away, boys!

You pretty much have it. NASA can't measure the earth's average global temperature. Only the most gullible will buy their assertion.

...which brings us to the scientifically illiterate and economics-challenged Marxists who are enamored with Global Warming because they perceive it to be a potent weapon in their war against capitalism and a useful tool towards achieving their goal of redistributing the world's wealth.

Who to believe, eh?

NASA, the widely respected organisation employing some of the most brilliant minds in the world, which has proved its scientific and engineering prowess by putting a man on the moon and sending spacecraft to the distant reaches of the solar system.

Or IBdaMann, the anonymous, ideologically-driven internet crackpot with a, shall be say, highly eccentric "understanding" of the scientific process, who has difficulty grasping even the simplest concepts (e.g. emissivity) of radiative physics.

It's a tough one.
01-09-2016 19:04
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
Surface Detail wrote:
Tim the plumber wrote:

Why the lies, Tim?

"The global average surface temperature in 2015 broke all previous records by a strikingly wide margin, at 0.76±0.1° Celsius above the 1961-1990 average. For the first time on record, temperatures in 2015 were about 1°C above the pre-industrial era, according to a consolidated analysis from the World Meteorological Organization (WMO).

WMO combines three internationally-renowned observational datasets with those from sophisticated reanalysis systems. As such it provides the most authoritative international reference source

Fifteen of the 16 hottest years on record have all been this century, with 2015 being significantly warmer than the record-level temperatures seen in 2014. Underlining the long-term trend, 2011-15 is the warmest five-year period on record."

You are lying.

Find a single claim I have made there that is false or appologies and retract the stupid claim.

I will explain it to you;

It is hotter than in 1960.

It is not significantly hotter now than in 1998. (If at all).

The paper says the same.

F.witt.
01-09-2016 19:15
Surface Detail
★★★★☆
(1673)
Tim the plumber wrote:
Surface Detail wrote:
Tim the plumber wrote:

Why the lies, Tim?

You are lying.

Find a single claim I have made there that is false or appologies and retract the stupid claim.

I will explain it to you;

It is hotter than in 1960.

It is not significantly hotter now than in 1998. (If at all).

The paper says the same.

F.witt.

Tim, that paper was published in 2012. It is now 2016. Please try to grasp this concept. Now is not 2012. Now is 2016.
01-09-2016 23:35
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21588)
Surface Detail wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Who to believe, eh?

NASA, the widely respected organisation employing some of the most brilliant minds in the world, which has proved its scientific and engineering prowess by putting a man on the moon and sending spacecraft to the distant reaches of the solar system.

Or IBdaMann, the anonymous, ideologically-driven internet crackpot with a, shall be say, highly eccentric "understanding" of the scientific process, who has difficulty grasping even the simplest concepts (e.g. emissivity) of radiative physics.

It's a tough one.

NASA can't put a man on the moon today. They can't even get into orbit.

There is also a VAST difference between the guys that drove the spaceship to the guys that built it (not part of NASA, private corporations).

Personally, I have my doubts about any organization that claims carbon dioxide comes from ozone, as NASA has claimed, or that simply repeats the garbage data from another department without even checking the sources of the numbers or how they are calculated.

I don't care WHO they are. Neither does science.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
01-09-2016 23:55
Hank
★☆☆☆☆
(77)
Into the Night wrote:
Surface Detail wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Who to believe, eh?

It's a tough one.

There is also a VAST difference between the guys that drove the spaceship to the guys that built it (not part of NASA, private corporations).

Personally, I have my doubts about any organization that claims carbon dioxide comes from ozone, as NASA has claimed, or that simply repeats the garbage data from another department without even checking the sources of the numbers or how they are calculated.

NASA can't even get into orbit? Didn't a couple of people just do a space walk outside the space station?
02-09-2016 00:57
(21588)
Hank wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Surface Detail wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Who to believe, eh?

It's a tough one.

NASA can't even get into orbit? Didn't a couple of people just do a space walk outside the space station?

NASA didn't get them there. The Russian Space Agency did. That's who brings them home after their little walk, too.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
02-09-2016 01:53
Surface Detail
★★★★☆
(1673)
Into the Night wrote:
Hank wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Surface Detail wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Who to believe, eh?

It's a tough one.

NASA didn't get them there. The Russian Space Agency did. That's who brings them home after their little walk, too.

When has NASA claimed that carbon dioxide comes from ozone?
02-09-2016 03:23
(21588)
Surface Detail wrote:

It was on their website a few years ago when they trying to build a case to stop the ozone hole.

Incidentally, much of what they put up on their site at the time concerning ozone itself was just plain wrong.

Those articles of course conveniently ignored how ozone is created and destroyed each day.

We DO have some very bright people in NASA. We also have some real losers.

The Parrot Killer

02-09-2016 03:25
Surface Detail
★★★★☆
(1673)
Into the Night wrote:
Surface Detail wrote:

It was on their website a few years ago when they trying to build a case to stop the ozone hole.

Incidentally, much of what they put up on their site at the time concerning ozone itself was just plain wrong.

Those articles of course conveniently ignored how ozone is created and destroyed each day.

We DO have some very bright people in NASA. We also have some real losers.

It was on their website a few years ago. Yeah, right, course it was. Idiot.
02-09-2016 13:08
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
Surface Detail wrote:It was on their website a few years ago. Yeah, right, course it was. Idiot.

Now, now...gullible moron warmizombies that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
02-09-2016 16:30
Hank
★☆☆☆☆
(77)
Into the Night wrote:
Hank wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Surface Detail wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Who to believe, eh?

It's a tough one.

You are correct Knight. I didn't know that. Thanks for the information.

Join the debate Record temperatures, AGW accelerating:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
COULD MOON DUST HELP REDUCE GLOBAL TEMPERATURES?3216-10-2023 19:36
Scientists say Florida Keys coral reefs are already bleaching as water temperatures hit record highs1429-07-2023 20:14
Florida in hot water as ocean temperatures rise along with the humidity213-07-2023 15:50
White House ridiculed for defending Biden's economic record as 'incredibly popular:' 'Wit028-06-2023 12:33
Low temperature breaks record set over 100 years ago, proving climate change is real2801-06-2022 06:03
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact