Remember me
▼ Content

Reaction: World Bank Steals Show at One Planet Summit by Phasing Out Upstream Oil and Gas Finance

Reaction: World Bank Steals Show at One Planet Summit by Phasing Out Upstream Oil and Gas Finance13-12-2017 02:05
moncktonProfile picture★★★☆☆
(436)
PARIS, FRANCE — At the One Planet Summit in Paris, France, the World Bank announced, among other positive steps, that they "will no longer finance upstream oil and gas, after 2019."...

...The World Bank Group already has a policy in place that restricts support for coal-fired power plants and for thermal coal mining. With the addition of upstream oil and gas to thermal coal mining, this commitment means that the World Bank will no longer finance fossil fuel extraction after 2019, except in extreme cases....

http://priceofoil.org/2017/12/12/reaction-world-bank-upstream-oil-gas-finance/

Looks like they got religion.
13-12-2017 03:43
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
monckton wrote:
PARIS, FRANCE — At the One Planet Summit in Paris, France, the World Bank announced, among other positive steps, that they "will no longer finance upstream oil and gas, after 2019."...

...The World Bank Group already has a policy in place that restricts support for coal-fired power plants and for thermal coal mining. With the addition of upstream oil and gas to thermal coal mining, this commitment means that the World Bank will no longer finance fossil fuel extraction after 2019, except in extreme cases....

http://priceofoil.org/2017/12/12/reaction-world-bank-upstream-oil-gas-finance/

Looks like they got religion.

Sure does.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
13-12-2017 04:44
moncktonProfile picture★★★☆☆
(436)
It seemed pertinent.
I thought I'd race to mention it before you did.

Join the debate Reaction: World Bank Steals Show at One Planet Summit by Phasing Out Upstream Oil and Gas Finance:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
A Gas Can Be ing A Barrier012-02-2024 04:51
A Gas Can Be A Barrier104-02-2024 23:11
Burn Gasoline and Natural Gas To Fight Against Climate Change2504-01-2024 06:33
Rush Limbaugh cited one of my discoveries on his show8522-08-2023 04:04
Only New Central Bank Type Appear Can End Global Currency War325-07-2023 22:50
Articles
Barack Obama: Energy Independence and the Safety of Our Planet
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact