Remember me
▼ Content

questions

Page 3 of 3<123
07-01-2022 00:20
Spongy IrisProfile picture★★★★☆
(1639)
If you're a killer, IT n Parrot Esq can get you off the hook!

Oops. Didn't know it was illegal to shoot that guy in the head? Don't worry. Breathe easy to avoid producing too much IL-6.

You are not the killer. It is clearly the bullet that killed that guy. And his brains that splattered everywhere? Simply a case of inflammation in response to the bullet.

Coincidence isn't causation. You may have pulled the trigger. But you can't be liable for that guys allergic reaction to bullets.

Don't hesitate. Call IT n Parrot Esq before it's too late.

We always get the last word in every court room battle!

Edited on 07-01-2022 00:36
07-01-2022 18:58
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
Spongy Iris wrote:

Oops. Didn't know it was illegal to shoot that guy in the head? Don't worry. Breathe easy to avoid producing too much IL-6.

You are not the killer. It is clearly the bullet that killed that guy. And his brains that splattered everywhere? Simply a case of inflammation in response to the bullet.

Coincidence isn't causation. You may have pulled the trigger. But you can't be liable for that guys allergic reaction to bullets.

Bullets are not a virus or disease, dumbass.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
08-01-2022 00:44
(1639)
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:

Dude get your metaphors straight!

In my highly applicable parody of your chicanery:

The bullet is IL-6

The brain splattering is your immune system.

And the person pulling the trigger is COVID 19.

08-01-2022 02:35
(21559)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:

Dude get your metaphors straight!

In my highly applicable parody of your chicanery:

The bullet is IL-6

The brain splattering is your immune system.

And the person pulling the trigger is COVID 19.

Dude, get your metaphors straight!
IL-6 is not a bullet.
The immune system is creating IL-6, not getting splattered by it.
Nothing special about covid19. The immune responds to any antigen.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
08-01-2022 17:18
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5193)
Why have so many people fully recovered from covid infections, and fewer than 1% failed? Hundreds of millions of people have been vaccinated, not just one dose, but three doses in under 12 months. Vaccination deaths are even lower than covid-related deaths. Covid hasn't actually been found to be the primary cause of death. Though it's probably taboo to consider, it's likely those with a compromised/abnormal immune system that are the ones at highest risk. Those with the HIV (AIDS). Nobody really knows if they have HIV/AIDS, until tested, or they have a serious health issues. Until then, they live basically normal lives, clueless. Could be years, could be decades. We can't stir up that whole HIV/AIDS-homosexual fear mongering thing again. Covid is just God's way of purging the sinful buggers.
09-01-2022 01:32
(21559)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Why have so many people fully recovered from covid infections, and fewer than 1% failed?

For the simple reason that covid19 is nowhere near as dangerous as these idiots make it out to be.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Hundreds of millions of people have been vaccinated, not just one dose, but three doses in under 12 months.

It's become the latest fad, and a tool to keep the fear mongering going.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Vaccination deaths are even lower than covid-related deaths. Covid hasn't actually been found to be the primary cause of death.

Covid19 does not kill at all. All of the so-called 'deaths by covid19' are actually death due to something else. Everything from pneumonia to cancer to falling off a ladder has been blamed as a 'covid19 death'.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Though it's probably taboo to consider, it's likely those with a compromised/abnormal immune system that are the ones at highest risk. Those with the HIV (AIDS). Nobody really knows if they have HIV/AIDS, until tested, or they have a serious health issues. Until then, they live basically normal lives, clueless. Could be years, could be decades. We can't stir up that whole HIV/AIDS-homosexual fear mongering thing again. Covid is just God's way of purging the sinful buggers.

Viruses have no religion and no politics, obviously.

The Parrot Killer

10-01-2022 00:14
(1639)
Into the Night wrote:

Covid19 does not kill at all. All of the so-called 'deaths by covid19' are actually death due to something else.

There are many ways to increase IL-6 in your blood stream.

Exercise will increase IL-6 , and you are under respiratory stress when you exercise, so we may conclude respiratory stress increases IL-6.

SARS COV 2 stands for severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus, so we may conclude this is a worse form of respiratory stress for many people who are infected by it.

Said worse respiratory stress sometimes elevates IL-6 so much that the inflammation it causes results in death.

If you want to split hairs, you might also conclude, technically it's bad respiration that leads to excessive IL-6, not exactly the virus. Or you might say it's not the virus that kills you, but a severe immune response. Or you might say people who die of COVID were already old, fat, and / or diseased.

But clearly suffering from COVID 19 disease sometimes kills people.

10-01-2022 03:56
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Covid19 does not kill at all. All of the so-called 'deaths by covid19' are actually death due to something else.

Exercise will increase IL-6 , and you are under respiratory stress when you exercise, so we may conclude respiratory stress increases IL-6.

SARS COV 2 stands for severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus, so we may conclude this is a worse form of respiratory stress for many people who are infected by it.

Said worse respiratory stress sometimes elevates IL-6 so much that the inflammation it causes results in death.

If you want to split hairs, you might also conclude, technically it's bad respiration that leads to excessive IL-6, not exactly the virus. Or you might say it's not the virus that kills you, but a severe immune response. Or you might say people who die of COVID were already old, fat, and / or diseased.

These guys don't understand the difference between thymocyte and a lymphocyte. And we're still on this discussion because? And they do not understand that an autoimmune response to infection/disease is inflammation.
This is like asking why do people die from compartment syndrome. The body is trying to flush out contaminants/disease. And yet that autoimmune response stops blood flow which causes death. And this is only when one femoral artery blood flow is blocked. You'd think these guys would know basic human physiology by now. And now we're into why/how blood flow is regulated in a giraffe. Our legs are similar in how they control the mass of blood weighing down upon them. It's all pretty basic. And of course with the giraffe, it is how to maintain blood pressure in an elongated necked by restricting blood flow downward.
Yep, our legs restrict blood flow the same way but who's counting? Just basic stuff these guys should know.
Edited on 10-01-2022 04:40
10-01-2022 04:48
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
You guys get this, right? If blood flow/pressure couldn't be regulated then like the giraffe our brains would suffer from oxygen deprivation. And with t-cells and how they mature, they can also influence blood flow.
Chances are that inflammation is caused by plasma which technically is blood. It's what cells, minerals and other stuff uses to move through the body. It's kind of like the water you mix antifreeze with.
And inflammation is basically localized compartment syndrome. Compartment syndrome occurs when tissue is damaged from injury or weight lifting. The legs are the most prominent place for it to happen. The body is merely building up or repairing damaged tissue. No Pain, No Gain! Right?
Unlike other parts of the body, blood pressure in the legs are helped by the mass of the blood in in the trunk/torso/upper body and head all creating static head pressure. And with inflammation in the lungs from covid, blood supply as with a heart attack can find a different path. And we all know that people die from heart attacks because that doesn't happen quick enough.

And for Harvey from Titian. He thinks fondly of you. You are contemporaries.

Attached image:

Edited on 10-01-2022 04:58
10-01-2022 05:42
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Or maybe Harvey prefers Hausner?
Attached image:

Edited on 10-01-2022 05:42
10-01-2022 05:51
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
This is so funny. We're talking about inflammation, right? How does the body control blood flow?
How can one part of the anatomy restrict blood flow while another part doesn't? That's just not possible.
Blood flow through the body is unrestricted. Yet as Arnold Schwarzenegger has shown us, will can influence how muscles develop and how blood flows. And now how can the body know to pump more blood through your shoulders, biceps and triceps?

p.s., just having some fun with you Harvey. They're not from Florida.
10-01-2022 19:00
(21559)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Exercise will increase IL-6,

No.
Spongy Iris wrote:
and you are under respiratory stress when you exercise, so we may conclude respiratory stress increases IL-6.

No. Four term fallacy.
Spongy Iris wrote:

Four term fallacy.
Spongy Iris wrote:

No. You die from IL-6 or covid19.
Spongy Iris wrote:
If you want to split hairs, you might also conclude, technically it's bad respiration that leads to excessive IL-6, not exactly the virus.

Neither kills.
Spongy Iris wrote:
Or you might say it's not the virus that kills you, but a severe immune response.

Four term fallacy. Semantics fallacy.
Spongy Iris wrote:
Or you might say people who die of COVID were already old, fat, and / or diseased.

Covid19 does not kill.
Spongy Iris wrote:

Covid19 does not kill. Attempted proof by invalid chain.

The Parrot Killer

10-01-2022 19:01
(21559)
James___ wrote:
This is so funny. We're talking about inflammation, right? How does the body control blood flow?
How can one part of the anatomy restrict blood flow while another part doesn't? That's just not possible.
Blood flow through the body is unrestricted. Yet as Arnold Schwarzenegger has shown us, will can influence how muscles develop and how blood flows. And now how can the body know to pump more blood through your shoulders, biceps and triceps?

p.s., just having some fun with you Harvey. They're not from Florida.

Off topic wanderings. Jamesbabble.

The Parrot Killer

10-01-2022 23:55
(1639)
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

No.
Spongy Iris wrote:
and you are under respiratory stress when you exercise, so we may conclude respiratory stress increases IL-6.

No. Four term fallacy.
Spongy Iris wrote:

Four term fallacy.
Spongy Iris wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:
If you want to split hairs, you might also conclude, technically it's bad respiration that leads to excessive IL-6, not exactly the virus.

Neither kills.
Spongy Iris wrote:
Or you might say it's not the virus that kills you, but a severe immune response.

Spongy Iris wrote:
Or you might say people who die of COVID were already old, fat, and / or diseased.

Covid19 does not kill.
Spongy Iris wrote:

You lie. Exercise increases IL 6.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2468867319300392

A bad infection of one's lungs with SARS COV 2 induces spasms in one's lungs.

Please put 2 and 2 together: respiratory stress leads to an increase in IL-6 production.

Technically here, too much IL-6 is what sometimes causes death, but if you can't see how this is triggered by the SARS COV 2 infection, you are a hopeless moron.

11-01-2022 00:08
(1639)
James___ wrote:

These guys don't understand the difference between thymocyte and a lymphocyte. And we're still on this discussion because?

When kids grow up their thymus' start to shrink, and their lymphocyte production will begin shrinking as well.

I noticed when my lymphocyte count was low, my neutrophils had spiked. Perhaps the spike in neutrophils had been to compensate for my declining lymphocytes.

This kind of observation might explain why a side effect of puberty is often acne.

Zinc is the building block of the thymus. I've been wondering if a zinc deficiency is the cause of a shrinking thymus, so I started supplementing with about 40 mg of zinc per day. And also to avoid copper depletion, including about 4 mg of copper supplements. Ill follow up in a couple months to see if this boosted my lymphocytes or not... as long as my compartment syndrome doesn't kill me before then!

Edited on 11-01-2022 00:09
11-01-2022 01:09
(21559)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

No.
Spongy Iris wrote:

No. Four term fallacy.
Spongy Iris wrote:

Four term fallacy.
Spongy Iris wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:

Neither kills.
Spongy Iris wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:

Covid19 does not kill.
Spongy Iris wrote:

...deleted Holy Link...

No, it doesn't. A Holy Link is not a proof.
Spongy Iris wrote:

Lungs are not muscle tissue. They cannot spasm.
Spongy Iris wrote:
Please put 2 and 2 together: respiratory stress leads to an increase in IL-6 production.

No.
Spongy Iris wrote:
Technically here, too much IL-6 is what sometimes causes death,

IL-6 does not cause death.
Spongy Iris wrote:
but if you can't see how this is triggered by the SARS COV 2 infection, you are a hopeless moron.

Covid19 does not kill. Neither does IL-6.

The Parrot Killer

11-01-2022 01:13
(21559)
Spongy Iris wrote:
James___ wrote:

These guys don't understand the difference between thymocyte and a lymphocyte. And we're still on this discussion because?

When kids grow up their thymus' start to shrink, and their lymphocyte production will begin shrinking as well.

The lymphatic system does not shrink with age. The thymus is no longer needed. It shrinks with age.
Spongy Iris wrote:
I noticed when my lymphocyte count was low, my neutrophils had spiked. Perhaps the spike in neutrophils had been to compensate for my declining lymphocytes.

You are making shit up.
Spongy Iris wrote:
This kind of observation might explain why a side effect of puberty is often acne.

Nope. Oil on the skin and trapped bacteria is what cause acne.
Spongy Iris wrote:
Zinc is the building block of the thymus.

No, it isn't.
Spongy Iris wrote:
I've been wondering if a zinc deficiency is the cause of a shrinking thymus, so I started supplementing with about 40 mg of zinc per day. And also to avoid copper depletion, including about 4 mg of copper supplements. Ill follow up in a couple months to see if this boosted my lymphocytes or not... as long as my compartment syndrome doesn't kill me before then!

Stay off the health supplements dude. They WILL screw you up. Zinc overdose is a real thing.

The Parrot Killer

11-01-2022 01:27
(1639)
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
James___ wrote:

The lymphatic system does not shrink with age. The thymus is no longer needed. It shrinks with age.
Spongy Iris wrote:

You are making shit up.
Spongy Iris wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:

No, it isn't.
Spongy Iris wrote:
I've been wondering if a zinc deficiency is the cause of a shrinking thymus, so I started supplementing with about 40 mg of zinc per day. And also to avoid copper depletion, including about 4 mg of copper supplements. Ill follow up in a couple months to see if this boosted my lymphocytes or not... as long as my compartment syndrome doesn't kill me before then!

Stay off the health supplements dude. They WILL screw you up. Zinc overdose is a real thing.

Should I take health advice from someone who is clearly malignant like you? I don't think so.

40 mg of zinc per day is not an amount that will cause overdose. But it is the max. amount recommended by health authorities.

The main risk of long term zinc consumption is it will deplete copper absorption. Include copper in supplementation and there's no problem. Some recommended zinc / copper ratios you can search online: 15 / 1 or 10/ 1.

Lymphocyte production shrinks with age.

Neutrophils attack bacteria or oil in your skin and the result is acne.

Edited on 11-01-2022 02:00
11-01-2022 01:30
(1639)
Into the Night wrote:

...deleted Holy Link...

Spongy Iris wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:

No.
Spongy Iris wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:
but if you can't see how this is triggered by the SARS COV 2 infection, you are a hopeless moron.

Covid19 does not kill. Neither does IL-6.[/quote]

Your responses are falsified:

"The finding of markedly increased levels of IL-6 after strenuous exercise has consistently been observed in many studies (Northoff & Berg, 1991; Sprenger et al. 1992; Ullum et al. 1994; Drenth et al. 1995; Nehlsen-Cannarella et al. 1997; Castell et al. 1997; Rohde et al. 1997; Hellsten et al. 1997; Ostrowski et al. 1998a, b, 1999; Toft et al. 2000). A 2-fold increase in plasma IL-6 was demonstrated after 6 min of intense exercise (Nielsen et al. 1996). In treadmill running, the IL-6 level in blood was significantly enhanced 30 min after the start, with peak levels being attained after 2.5 h of running (Ostrowski et al. 1998a). In other studies, in which IL-6 was not measured during the running exercise but at several time points afterwards, maximal IL-6 levels were found immediately after the exercise, followed by a rapid decline. Thus, following a marathon run maximal IL-6 levels (100-fold increase) were measured immediately after the 3–3.5 h race (Ostrowski et al. 1998b, 1999)."

Gee. Looks like a 100 fold increase after a marathon is very obvious evidence that the greater respiratory stress leads to greater IL-6!

Bronchospasm or a bronchial spasm is a sudden constriction of the muscles in the walls of the bronchioles which are in your lungs.

Edited on 11-01-2022 01:40
11-01-2022 08:22
(5193)
Supplements are scam. Just because the contain essential nutrients, doesn't mean your body can or will metabolize and use much of them. Our bodies are geared toward extracting what we need, slowly, from foods. Supplements try dump our entire daily requirements, all in one pill. There is very little benefit, but most of the pill goes to waste. Even worse, some can cause an imbalance, or build up. The water solubles are relatively safe, since the surplus is usually removed quickly in the urine.

Most people focus on just a few supplements, to deal with specific issues, usually hyped by the media, or people on the internet. Most of these supplements, need other nutrients, often neglected, to metabolize, or be removed. the surplus, tends to deplete other essential nutrients. You think you are fixing one specific problem, but actually creating others. For which, you are encourage to buy more supplements... A simple, multi-vitamin is usually the best choice, if you don't eat a nutritious diet regularly. The keyword is 'supplement'. They aren't a replacement for food, and mega-dosing, for added benefits is dangerous and reckless, don't work anyway. Your body is only capable of using a small amount, and slowly. The rest is a waste product. You flush most of it down the toilet. The makers don't even need FDA approval for them, as drugs. They are considered a food item... They don't have to be effective, or do anything at all, except not kill you.
11-01-2022 12:40
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14373)
Spongy Iris wrote:Please put 2 and 2 together: respiratory stress leads to an increase in IL-6 production.

You have reverted to simply wasting bandwidth.

Just admit that you tried your best to render the word "stress" totally meaningless, i.e. everything constitutes "stress" ... and thus nothing is stress. You actually classify walking up a flight of stairs as "respiratory stress" ... ergo totally meaningless.

Just admit that you tried your best to render the word "increase" totally meaningless. You obviously have no meaningful standard and instead are willing to refer to an additional molecule or two as an "increase.". Sure, you are technically correct but you are also admitting that your panic-hype is completely absurd and that you should be ignored.

In your mind, walking up a flight of stairs is a death sentence to a healthy teenager. No rational adult should pay you any mind.

Spongy Iris wrote:Technically here, too much IL-6 is what sometimes causes death,...

You had to include the words " too much," didn't you? If you hadn't, your statement would not be true because IL-6 does not kill. Of course "too much" of anything can sometimes cause death, by definition. Ergo, you simply wasted bandwidth in order to propagate your baseless panic-hype.

You got called on your lack causality previously and now you are being called on the sheer meaninglessness of your words.

It's mind blowing to imagine all the good that could have accomplished with the bandwidth you wasted.

Spongy Iris wrote: ... but if you can't see how this is triggered by the SARS COV 2 infection, you are a hopeless moron.

If you can't see that there simply is no causality chain then you are a hopeless moron ... who is a waste of bandwidth.
11-01-2022 17:20
(1639)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Supplements are scam. Just because the contain essential nutrients, doesn't mean your body can or will metabolize and use much of them. Our bodies are geared toward extracting what we need, slowly, from foods. Supplements try dump our entire daily requirements, all in one pill. There is very little benefit, but most of the pill goes to waste. Even worse, some can cause an imbalance, or build up. The water solubles are relatively safe, since the surplus is usually removed quickly in the urine.

Most people focus on just a few supplements, to deal with specific issues, usually hyped by the media, or people on the internet. Most of these supplements, need other nutrients, often neglected, to metabolize, or be removed. the surplus, tends to deplete other essential nutrients. You think you are fixing one specific problem, but actually creating others. For which, you are encourage to buy more supplements... A simple, multi-vitamin is usually the best choice, if you don't eat a nutritious diet regularly. The keyword is 'supplement'. They aren't a replacement for food, and mega-dosing, for added benefits is dangerous and reckless, don't work anyway. Your body is only capable of using a small amount, and slowly. The rest is a waste product. You flush most of it down the toilet. The makers don't even need FDA approval for them, as drugs. They are considered a food item... They don't have to be effective, or do anything at all, except not kill you.

I will find out if they have been effective in a couple months

11-01-2022 17:24
(1639)
IBdaMann wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:Please put 2 and 2 together: respiratory stress leads to an increase in IL-6 production.

Just admit that you tried your best to render the word "stress" totally meaningless, i.e. everything constitutes "stress" ... and thus nothing is stress. You actually classify walking up a flight of stairs as "respiratory stress" ... ergo totally meaningless.

Just admit that you tried your best to render the word "increase" totally meaningless. You obviously have no meaningful standard and instead are willing to refer to an additional molecule or two as an "increase.". Sure, you are technically correct but you are also admitting that your panic-hype is completely absurd and that you should be ignored.

In your mind, walking up a flight of stairs is a death sentence to a healthy teenager. No rational adult should pay you any mind.

Spongy Iris wrote:Technically here, too much IL-6 is what sometimes causes death,...

You had to include the words " too much," didn't you? If you hadn't, your statement would not be true because IL-6 does not kill. Of course "too much" of anything can sometimes cause death, by definition. Ergo, you simply wasted bandwidth in order to propagate your baseless panic-hype.

You got called on your lack causality previously and now you are being called on the sheer meaninglessness of your words.

It's mind blowing to imagine all the good that could have accomplished with the bandwidth you wasted.

Spongy Iris wrote: ... but if you can't see how this is triggered by the SARS COV 2 infection, you are a hopeless moron.

If you can't see that there simply is no causality chain then you are a hopeless moron ... who is a waste of bandwidth.

More projection, and moving of the goal posts, from I Be Da Schizzo Pretending to be an Adult Male.

11-01-2022 17:25
(21559)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
James___ wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:

You are making shit up.
Spongy Iris wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:

No, it isn't.
Spongy Iris wrote:

Should I take health advice from someone who is clearly malignant like you? I don't think so.

Using buzzword does not help anything in your conversation. Insults do not help anything in your conversation. These are both fallacies.
Spongy Iris wrote:
40 mg of zinc per day is not an amount that will cause overdose. But it is the max. amount recommended by health authorities.

You forget that you already get zinc in your diet.
Spongy Iris wrote:
The main risk of long term zinc consumption is it will deplete copper absorption. Include copper in supplementation and there's no problem. Some recommended zinc / copper ratios you can search online: 15 / 1 or 10/ 1.

The copper won't be absorbed. Zinc will prevent it. Zinc overdose WILL **** you up.
Spongy Iris wrote:
Lymphocyte production shrinks with age.

No, it doesn't.
Spongy Iris wrote:

Do you have acne? Why are you concerned with acne?

The Parrot Killer

11-01-2022 17:33
(21559)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

...deleted Holy Link...

Spongy Iris wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:

No.
Spongy Iris wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:

Covid19 does not kill. Neither does IL-6.

Your responses are falsified:
Spongy Iris wrote:
"The finding of markedly increased levels of IL-6 after strenuous exercise has consistently been observed in many studies (Northoff & Berg, 1991; Sprenger et al. 1992; Ullum et al. 1994; Drenth et al. 1995; Nehlsen-Cannarella et al. 1997; Castell et al. 1997; Rohde et al. 1997; Hellsten et al. 1997; Ostrowski et al. 1998a, b, 1999; Toft et al. 2000). A 2-fold increase in plasma IL-6 was demonstrated after 6 min of intense exercise (Nielsen et al. 1996). In treadmill running, the IL-6 level in blood was significantly enhanced 30 min after the start, with peak levels being attained after 2.5 h of running (Ostrowski et al. 1998a). In other studies, in which IL-6 was not measured during the running exercise but at several time points afterwards, maximal IL-6 levels were found immediately after the exercise, followed by a rapid decline. Thus, following a marathon run maximal IL-6 levels (100-fold increase) were measured immediately after the 3–3.5 h race (Ostrowski et al. 1998b, 1999)."

A 'study' is not a proof. People write crap in papers all the time.
Spongy Iris wrote:
Gee. Looks like a 100 fold increase after a marathon is very obvious evidence that the greater respiratory stress leads to greater IL-6!

IL-6 is not toxic.
Spongy Iris wrote:
Bronchospasm or a bronchial spasm is a sudden constriction of the muscles in the walls of the bronchioles which are in your lungs.

Nope. Lungs are not muscle tissue.

The Parrot Killer

11-01-2022 18:08
(21559)
HarveyH55 wrote:

Zinc supplements are completely unnecessary. Eat a normal diet. Further, they can easily cause overdose, preventing absorption of copper, and the resulting zinc poisoning.

Copper supplements included with zinc supplements do NOTHING. The zinc prevents absorption of the copper.

These health supplements do **** people up.

The key to better health is not supplements at all, but eating a normal diet, and reducing emotional stress.

The Parrot Killer

11-01-2022 18:11
(21559)
Spongy Iris wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

I will find out if they have been effective in a couple months

Your test for 'effectiveness' is invalid. Zinc poisoning is a real thing. Stay off the 'health' supplements, dude.

The Parrot Killer

11-01-2022 18:13
(21559)
Spongy Iris wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

More projection, and moving of the goal posts, from I Be Da Schizzo Pretending to be an Adult Male.

The projection here is by YOU. Inversion fallacy. It is YOU making the four term fallacy. Only YOU can prevent your fallacies.

The Parrot Killer

11-01-2022 19:49
(1639)
Into the Night wrote:
[quote]Spongy Iris wrote:

Insults do not help anything in your conversation.

The copper won't be absorbed. Zinc will prevent it. Zinc overdose WILL **** you up.

Lymphocyte production shrinks with age

No, it doesn't.

You are malignant. That is not an insult just a simple statement of what readers with understanding will know.

If I eat raw oysters and/or raw beef every day, then I don't need the supplements. But on the days when I don't eat raw oysters and raw beef, the supplements are probably needed.

Please prove to me the exact amounts of how much copper can be balanced with zinc to prevent copper depletion. The recommended zinc to copper ratio is 10 to 1.

A quick search shows the recommended daily intake of copper is almost 1 mg in adults 19+. And the RDI of zinc is 11 mg in men and 8 mg in women

If my math is correct, a 3.5 oz oyster has about 60 mg of zinc and 2 mg of copper.

When my neutrophils were abnormally high, I got cold sores. When my neutrophils were abnormally high, my lymphocytes were abnormally low

Please prove to me that people's lymphocyte counts do not shrink as people age. I have found an abundance of studies that say the opposite.

Edited on 11-01-2022 20:29
11-01-2022 20:08
(1639)
Into the Night wrote:

IL-6 is not toxic.

Studies show the results of tests done. These test results confirm my statements.

IL-6 doesn't need to be toxic to result in death.

There are muscles wrapped around bronchioles.

11-01-2022 20:09
(1639)
Into the Night wrote:

Your test for 'effectiveness' is invalid.

Please explain why said test is invalid.

12-01-2022 04:22
(5193)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

No, it doesn't.

You are malignant. That is not an insult just a simple statement of what readers with understanding will know.

If I eat raw oysters and/or raw beef every day, then I don't need the supplements. But on the days when I don't eat raw oysters and raw beef, the supplements are probably needed.

Please prove to me the exact amounts of how much copper can be balanced with zinc to prevent copper depletion. The recommended zinc to copper ratio is 10 to 1.

A quick search shows the recommended daily intake of copper is almost 1 mg in adults 19+. And the RDI of zinc is 11 mg in men and 8 mg in women

If my math is correct, a 3.5 oz oyster has about 60 mg of zinc and 2 mg of copper.

When my neutrophils were abnormally high, I got cold sores. When my neutrophils were abnormally high, my lymphocytes were abnormally low

Please prove to me that people's lymphocyte counts do not shrink as people age. I have found an abundance of studies that say the opposite.

You get cold sores, because you have herpes, a viral infection...
12-01-2022 08:03
(14373)
Spongy Iris wrote:If I eat raw oysters and/or raw beef every day, then I don't need the supplements. But on the days when I don't eat raw oysters and raw beef, the supplements are probably needed.

Daily? No way. Try weekly. If you eat beef and oysters only one or two days per week you are fine. Just eat a varied and healthy diet. If you take low supplements once per week that will fill in nicely any areas where you might actually be deficient, but the odds are that you won't actually be deficient in any areas, rendering the supplements unnecessary and potentially harmful.

Before you take any supplements, first understand fat-soluble vs. water-soluble. Fat-soluble is "stored" and does not need to be supplemented daily. If you are focusing on ensuring daily minimums for water-soluble vitamins then OK, but minerals are fat-soluble and you get those from a normal, healthy diet.

Spongy Iris wrote: I have found an abundance of studies that say the opposite.

You have also found an abundance of "UFO sightings" by delusional people and by people seeking attention, and therefore you firmly believe that every single one is true.

If you cannot see that you are extremely gullible and that the problem lies on your end, then you are a hopeless moron (as you put it).

I bet you would rush to say that you don't necessarily believe everything you read on the internet while simultaneously believing everything you read on the internet, especially if the opinion/agenda is referred to as a "study."

Spongy Iris wrote:Studies show the results of tests done.

Nope. You are well aware that "studies" are paid-for propaganda, presented for the digestion of the gullible, such as yourself. "Studies" do not follow the scientific method and are, above all else, written to be accepted without question. Some person with a lot of money and an opinion/agenda of some sort paid someone else to write a paper encapsulating the opinion/agenda couched in medical/science/engineering terminobabble and to call it a "study." The paper is big on babble and short on highlighting the money trail.

People such as you fall for it. People such as I, do not.

Try learning to apply critical reasoning.

Spongy Iris wrote: These test results confirm my statements.

... only in your intensified state of delusion. You would first have to establish some sort of causality chain and then you would have to cite an actual study that tested that specific causality chain. You can't even get out of the starting gate. You have no causality chain with which to begin, much less any study that examines such a non-existent causality chain.

You had your chance to provide a causality chain and all you have been able to point to is a collection of unrelated coincidences. Nothing you have referenced even supports your panic-hype, much less confirms it.

Spongy Iris wrote:IL-6 doesn't need to be toxic to result in death.

Something needs to be toxic to cause death. Once again you are merely wasting bandwidth by stating that everything is toxic if there is "too much" of it. You should know that the quality of being "toxic" is independent of quantity because that is necessary for the word toxic to retain its meaning. You are trying to render the words "toxic" and "poison" utterly meaningless by claiming that everything is toxic, and everything is a poison because "too much" of it could potentially kill, by definition of "too much."

So yes, IL-6 would need to be toxic to cause death. Learn to speak English.

Spongy Iris wrote:There are muscles wrapped around bronchioles.

Neither bronchioles nor muscles are lung tissue. Stay focused.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
12-01-2022 10:08
(21559)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

No, it doesn't.

Buzzword fallacy. Insult fallacy.
Spongy Iris wrote:

You do not need to eat raw oysters. Raw beef is dangerous. Cook it.
Spongy Iris wrote:

There is no recommended zinc to copper ratio.
Spongy Iris wrote:

Buzzword fallacy. Argument from randU fallacies.
Spongy Iris wrote:

Not math.
Spongy Iris wrote:

Quackery.
Spongy Iris wrote:

A study is not a proof. Attempted force of negative proof fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

12-01-2022 10:09
(21559)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

IL-6 is not toxic.

Studies show the results of tests done. These test results confirm my statements.

Studies are not a proof.
Spongy Iris wrote:
IL-6 doesn't need to be toxic to result in death.

Paradox. Irrational.
Spongy Iris wrote:
There are muscles wrapped around bronchioles.

None.

The Parrot Killer

12-01-2022 10:10
(21559)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:

Your test for 'effectiveness' is invalid.

Please explain why said test is invalid.

RQAA.

The Parrot Killer

13-01-2022 04:15
(1639)
IBdaMann wrote:

Daily? No way. Try weekly. If you eat beef and oysters only one or two days per week you are fine. Just eat a varied and healthy diet. If you take low supplements once per week that will fill in nicely any areas where you might actually be deficient, but the odds are that you won't actually be deficient in any areas, rendering the supplements unnecessary and potentially harmful.

Before you take any supplements, first understand fat-soluble vs. water-soluble. Fat-soluble is "stored" and does not need to be supplemented daily. If you are focusing on ensuring daily minimums for water-soluble vitamins then OK, but minerals are fat-soluble and you get those from a normal, healthy diet.

You have also found an abundance of "UFO sightings" by delusional people and by people seeking attention, and therefore you firmly believe that every single one is true.

Nope. You are well aware that "studies" are paid-for propaganda, presented for the digestion of the gullible, such as yourself. "Studies" do not follow the scientific method and are, above all else, written to be accepted without question. Some person with a lot of money and an opinion/agenda of some sort paid someone else to write a paper encapsulating the opinion/agenda couched in medical/science/engineering terminobabble and to call it a "study." The paper is big on babble and short on highlighting the money trail.

You would first have to establish some sort of causality chain and then you would have to cite an actual study that tested that specific causality chain. You can't even get out of the starting gate. You have no causality chain with which to begin, much less any study that examines such a non-existent causality chain.

You had your chance to provide a causality chain and all you have been able to point to is a collection of unrelated coincidences. Nothing you have referenced even supports your panic-hype, much less confirms it.

Bronchioles are in your lungs. And they have muscles wrapped around them which can spasm. See bronchospasm for reference. This spasm may be a mechanism to clear an infection.

I have provided the forum with test results showing greater respiratory stress causes greater IL-6 production. And you have ignored this test result, and have rebutted by basically saying , Studies are a scam. Real mature. Almost as mature Harvey's herpes comment.

In regards to our UFO discussion months back, you failed to understand how angular size works, and you failed to understand the flight motions of a paraglider ascending.

Your body has no mechanism for storing zinc, so whatever isn't used is expelled from the body, and you'll need a steady dietary supply to keep your body functioning well. I'm not sure how fast the typical body uses zinc. Are you?

Edited on 13-01-2022 04:17
13-01-2022 08:52
(14373)
Spongy Iris wrote:Bronchioles are in your lungs. ​And they have muscles wrapped around them which can spasm.

Irrelevant. Neither bronchioles nor muscles are lung tissue. Stay focused

Spongy Iris wrote: This spasm may be a mechanism to clear an infection.

It's not an infection if it can simply be expelled by a spasm.

Spongy Iris wrote:I have provided the forum with test results showing greater respiratory stress causes greater IL-6 production.

I have provided this same forum with an explanation of why your posts are meaningless. You should have simply written:

"AAAAAAHHHHH! Help! Help! COVID! AAAAAHHHHH! Variants! Omicron! IL-6! Death! AAAAAHHHHH!"

You have expressed nothing but baseless panic in ways I bet you never panicked over a mild flu prior to 2019. You provide no causality chain, just irrelevant coincidences. You irrationally panic over the body's mechanism for strengthening its immune system by strangely likening it to a death sentence.

You are a babbling moron.

Spongy Iris wrote: And you have ignored this test result,

I have ignored your diversionary propaganda.

Post your causality chain or expect to be mocked. Unless you are citing a study that specifically addresses a causality chain that you have posted, don't bother citing it. It is irrelevant. Nobody comes to this forum to read random trivia, even less to read someone's paid-for propaganda.

Spongy Iris wrote: ... and have rebutted by basically saying , Studies are a scam.

Propaganda. I did not say studies are scams. I said they are propaganda, specifically paid-for propaganda.

Learn to read English for comprehension. Actually, I'd settle for you just learning to read.

Spongy Iris wrote:In regards to our UFO discussion months back, you failed to understand how angular size works,

I did not fail to understand anything.

You were the one who failed to recognize a parachute. Admittedly, so did I at first, however you insisted on continuing to double-down on stupid after it was clearly detailed to you. You suffer from delusion disorder and no quantity of evidence to the contrary can convince you to modify your perspective.

Spongy Iris wrote:Your body has no mechanism for storing zinc,

Zinc supplements, as you were discussing, are water soluble and most is excreted relatively quickly. Zinc is "absorbed" and finds its way into virtually every cell in the body.

Your body, right now, contains zinc all throughout ... so what word should I use to describe that zinc content instead of "stored"?

Spongy Iris wrote: so whatever isn't used is expelled

... and that which is used is ... [stored?] ?

Spongy Iris wrote: ... from the body, and you'll need a steady dietary supply to keep your body functioning well.

Just admit that you are up to your neck in denial of the ease with which one can overdose on zinc and become majorly fugged. Just admit that you are pitching a crazy, manufactured need for overdosing on supplements. Just admit that you are once again being totally gullible and taking the propaganda of dietary supplement manufacturers on face value, as the gospel truth.

Spongy Iris wrote: I'm not sure how fast the typical body uses zinc. Are you?

If you don't have zinc deficiency then your body is using zinc at a slower rate than you are consuming (and absorbing) it. Conversely, if you have a zinc deficiency, you need to increase your rate of zinc absorption, and you should do it through your diet, not by popping pills.

Don't be afraid to come to me with the hard stuff.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
13-01-2022 10:47
(21559)
Spongy Iris wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

You would first have to establish some sort of causality chain and then you would have to cite an actual study that tested that specific causality chain. You can't even get out of the starting gate. You have no causality chain with which to begin, much less any study that examines such a non-existent causality chain.

Bronchioles are in your lungs. And they have muscles wrapped around them which can spasm. See bronchospasm for reference. This spasm may be a mechanism to clear an infection.

Nope. No spasm possible.
Spongy Iris wrote:
I have provided the forum with test results showing greater respiratory stress causes greater IL-6 production. And you have ignored this test result, and have rebutted by basically saying , Studies are a scam. Real mature. Almost as mature Harvey's herpes comment.

Studies are not a proof. Many ARE a scam.
Spongy Iris wrote:
In regards to our UFO discussion months back, you failed to understand how angular size works, and you failed to understand the flight motions of a paraglider ascending.

Size isn't an angle. Paragliders have no motor. The only way they can gain altitude is by thermals or slope updrafts.
Spongy Iris wrote:
Your body has no mechanism for storing zinc, so whatever isn't used is expelled from the body, and you'll need a steady dietary supply to keep your body functioning well. I'm not sure how fast the typical body uses zinc. Are you?

You do not need a steady dietary supply of zinc. Stay off the 'health' supplements. They WILL **** you up.

The Parrot Killer

Page 3 of 3<123

Join the debate questions:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Questions about computers1304-01-2022 19:33
The Questions that Need to be Answered4714-07-2020 05:20
Questions for IBDM: 1) about Karl Marx411-03-2020 19:16
Questions for IBDM: 2) about Kafka611-03-2020 18:40
Questions for IBDM: 3) about Verdi's La Traviata311-03-2020 18:02
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact