Page 4 of 4<<<234
08-03-2023 06:30
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21582)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote: So the rest mass of a photon is ...

No photon is ever at rest.

Swan wrote: It has finite momentum,

Right here. You acknowledge that photons have mass. Momentum requires mass. Great job answering your own question.

Swan wrote: The first thing to establish is that the term mass is properly limited to what is sometimes called "rest mass"

Nope. The term mass is properly understood as independent of speed.

Swan wrote:... and at least Einstein thought that this was the only proper use for the term mass.

Nope. Einstein presumed that mass was independent of speed.

Swan wrote: The term "relativistic mass" is often used

The term "relativistic mass" is never used.

Swan wrote:1. Non-zero mass implies infinite "relativistic mass".

Nope. Non-zero mass implies only non-zero mass.

Swan wrote:Measurements of electromagnetic force imply an infinite range for the force.

Trust in the infinite range of the Force, Luke. A Jedi's strength FLOWS from the infinite range of the Force. You must unlearn what you have learned, but you are not a Jedi yet.

Swan wrote:The clergy of a cryptocurrency exchange forces the congregation to exchange all of the liquidity while returning only a particle in "reflections."

All wealth that goes into a cryptocurrency exchange loses substantial mass to other offshore accounts, but only particles that are rug-pulled actually achieve zero mass.

Swan wrote: This implies a zero mass exchange particle.

This is how you know your assumptions are wrong.

Swan wrote:3. Light deflection is consistent with the bending of space by gravity.

Newsflash: peanut butter is consistent with the curvature of space by gravity.

Swan wrote:Einstein's famous prediction and the experimental verification of the bending of starlight around the Sun would seem to prove that light has mass and is therefore attracted by the gravitational mass of the Sun.

It wasn't Einstein's prediction. It is what General Relativity predicted. This hypothesis was not falsified. Ergo, yes, photon mass has not been shown to be false.

Swan wrote:But general relativity indicates that the presence of a gravitational mass bends space in its vicinity, and the accepted interpretation of this observation is that light follows space and therefore follows the curvature of space near the Sun.

[quote]Swan wrote: NOTHING WITH MASS CAN TRAVEL AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT.

Incorrect. Nothing with mass can be accelerated to the speed of light. Photons (and their mass) are already at the speed of light when created.

Photons are still massless particles/waves of light, except when viewed by a schizoid like you.

Interactions of Photons with Matter, source Massachusetts Institute of Technology

* Photons are electromagnetic radiation with zero mass, zero charge, and a
velocity that is always c, the speed of light.

* Because they are electrically neutral, they do not steadily lose energy via
coulombic interactions with atomic electrons, as do charged particles.
* Photons travel some considerable distance before undergoing a more
"catastrophic" interaction leading to partial or total transfer of the
photon energy to electron energy.
* These electrons will ultimately deposit their energy in the medium.
* Photons are far more penetrating than charged particles of similar energy.
Energy Loss Mechanisms
* photoelectric effect
* Compton scattering
* pair production

The photons are said to be chargeless and massless particles that travel at the speed of light. So the rest mass of a photon is taken to be zero. This can be proved from Einstein's special theory of relativity. Hence the photons have a rest mass of zero.

You are again denying Einstein's special theory of relativity.

LOL, please detail how?

RQAA.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
08-03-2023 13:45
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5710)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Right here. You acknowledge that photons have mass. Momentum requires mass. Great job answering your own question.

Swan wrote: The first thing to establish is that the term mass is properly limited to what is sometimes called "rest mass"

Swan wrote:... and at least Einstein thought that this was the only proper use for the term mass.

Swan wrote:Measurements of electromagnetic force imply an infinite range for the force.

Trust in the infinite range of the Force, Luke. A Jedi's strength FLOWS from the infinite range of the Force. You must unlearn what you have learned, but you are not a Jedi yet.

Swan wrote:The clergy of a cryptocurrency exchange forces the congregation to exchange all of the liquidity while returning only a particle in "reflections."

All wealth that goes into a cryptocurrency exchange loses substantial mass to other offshore accounts, but only particles that are rug-pulled actually achieve zero mass.

Swan wrote:3. Light deflection is consistent with the bending of space by gravity.

Swan wrote:Einstein's famous prediction and the experimental verification of the bending of starlight around the Sun would seem to prove that light has mass and is therefore attracted by the gravitational mass of the Sun.

It wasn't Einstein's prediction. It is what General Relativity predicted. This hypothesis was not falsified. Ergo, yes, photon mass has not been shown to be false.

Swan wrote:But general relativity indicates that the presence of a gravitational mass bends space in its vicinity, and the accepted interpretation of this observation is that light follows space and therefore follows the curvature of space near the Sun.

Incorrect. Nothing with mass can be accelerated to the speed of light. Photons (and their mass) are already at the speed of light when created.

Photons are still massless particles/waves of light, except when viewed by a schizoid like you.

Interactions of Photons with Matter, source Massachusetts Institute of Technology

Energy Loss Mechanisms
* photoelectric effect
* Compton scattering
* pair production

The photons are said to be chargeless and massless particles that travel at the speed of light. So the rest mass of a photon is taken to be zero. This can be proved from Einstein's special theory of relativity. Hence the photons have a rest mass of zero.

Still waiting for you to detail how?

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?

It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
08-03-2023 14:50
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5710)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Energy Loss Mechanisms
* photoelectric effect
* Compton scattering
* pair production

Still waiting for the details on how I am denying relativity kid? You do know that you are allowed to phone your Mommy for help, right?

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

08-03-2023 15:36
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
Swan wrote:Still waiting for the details on how I am denying relativity kid?

I think that what you are waiting for is the reminder that Relativity precludes entanglement. At this point you will chime in from the peanut gallery with the claim that Relativity is the unfinished work of Albert Einstein, a man too stupid to understand basic, straightforward quantum entanglement and who thusly referred to it as "spooky science." I will then ask you to stay focused on Relativity (the science) and notice that communication between any two "entangled" elementary particles can never exceed the speed of light, i.e. no instantaneous communication. You will then drift away from science and revert back to Albert Einstein, claiming that I am engaging in hero worship. I will then try in vain to convince you that Albert Einstein is deceased, and that all we have to go on is the science that remains, which is the Theory of Relativity. You won't buy it. You will make all comments about Einstein, as though you are CNN thinking he is Trump, until at some point you mention that you bought Apple shares and then suddenly you forget what you had been talking about.

So let's get started.

Relativity precludes entanglement.
08-03-2023 16:32
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5710)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Still waiting for the details on how I am denying relativity kid?

I think that what you are waiting for is the reminder that Relativity precludes entanglement. At this point you will chime in from the peanut gallery with the claim that Relativity is the unfinished work of Albert Einstein, a man too stupid to understand basic, straightforward quantum entanglement and who thusly referred to it as "spooky science." I will then ask you to stay focused on Relativity (the science) and notice that communication between any two "entangled" elementary particles can never exceed the speed of light, i.e. no instantaneous communication. You will then drift away from science and revert back to Albert Einstein, claiming that I am engaging in hero worship. I will then try in vain to convince you that Albert Einstein is deceased, and that all we have to go on is the science that remains, which is the Theory of Relativity. You won't buy it. You will make all comments about Einstein, as though you are CNN thinking he is Trump, until at some point you mention that you bought Apple shares and then suddenly you forget what you had been talking about.

So let's get started.

Relativity precludes entanglement.

Actually Einstein discovered entanglement and called it spooky action at a distance. You may now resume pulling your pud in public.

Besides reality does not need me to defend it from a schizoid like you.

Really, on the flip side the jellybean drool on your shirt is amusing, especially while your delusions determine your physics degree

ULTRA MAGA

Edited on 08-03-2023 16:51
Page 4 of 4<<<234

Join the debate QUANTUM INTERCONNECTS GET FASTER:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Quantum entanglement visualized for the first time ever1407-10-2023 19:05
IBM quantum experience7213-09-2023 19:48
Better than Quantum Computing525-07-2023 00:11
QUANTUM COMPUTING ON A COMMODORE 64 IN 200 LINES OF BASIC305-07-2023 18:48
Quantum Light Experiment Proves Photosynthesis Starts with a Single Photon1522-06-2023 23:00
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact