Page 2 of 2<12
20-10-2022 19:39
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5712)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Says the idiot that believes that mass can be lost. LOL

Matter can be destroyed. Were you not aware?

Each one of these craters is the site of a previous underground nuclear test. The crater represents the amount of underground earth that was converted into thermal energy from the blast, leaving the earth above it to "cave in."

Matter can never be destroyed; it can only fluctuate into energy and vice versa.

Too funny. Matter can certainly be destroyed by converting it to thermal energy.

How do you imagine energy can somehow "fluctuate" into becoming matter?

Guess you skipped third grade physics

Matter can change form through physical and chemical changes, but through any of these changes matter is conserved. The same amount of matter exists before and after the change—none is created or destroyed. This concept is called the Law of Conservation of Mass.

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?

It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
20-10-2022 20:17
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
IBdaMann wrote:

Each one of these craters is the site of a previous underground nuclear test. The crater represents the amount of underground earth that was converted into thermal energy from the blast, leaving the earth above it to "cave in."

How did they get the bombs underground... Doubt that much matter was burned up. More likely to have been moved, compressed, or converted to desert glass. Believe even the under ground tests also created dust clouds.

Matter doesn't get destroyed, only changed. The gas you put in your car, has mass. Eventually, you have to put more gas in the tank, unless you enjoy getting stranded some place. The gas wasn't destroy, only changed into planet-killing CO2, and fresh water, which California desperately needs.

Another good point though. Nothing is perfectly stable, and unchanging. Quantum computing is sub-atomic, but most everything sheds particles, semi-regularly. How do they plan on keeping everything from getting influence by these random particles. Super-cold, can slow, maybe stop some of it. But, wouldn't it also have the same slowing effect on computer processes?
20-10-2022 20:33
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
HarveyH55 wrote:Doubt that much matter was burned up.

Look at the crater. Roughly that much matter was destroyed (converted to thermal energy).

HarveyH55 wrote: Believe even the under ground tests also created dust clouds.

This is what it looked like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORxWy5MXnOk&t=10s

HarveyH55 wrote:Matter doesn't get destroyed, only changed.

Incorrect. Matter can be destroyed. You are thinking of energy. The 1st law of thermodynamics (law of conservation of energy) says that energy can neither be created from nothing nor destroyed into nothing. Matter, however, can be converted to energy (which destroys the matter) which can then change form but will not be returning into matter.

HarveyH55 wrote: The gas you put in your car, has mass. Eventually, you have to put more gas in the tank, unless you enjoy getting stranded some place. The gas wasn't destroy, only changed into planet-killing CO2, and fresh water, which California desperately needs.

Harvey, everything you are saying is correct. Your error in this case is that you are discussing the 2nd law of thermodynamics, and explaining the increase in entropy ... while believing that you are discussing the 1st law of thermodynamics.

If you do a little more research on fusion, you'll find that the energy harnessed from fusion comes from matter being destroyed as the fusion occurs (releasing a large amount of energy that was formerly matter).

20-10-2022 21:44
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5712)
IBdaMann wrote:

Look at the crater. Roughly that much matter was destroyed (converted to thermal energy).

Incorrect. Matter can be destroyed. You are thinking of energy. The 1st law of thermodynamics (law of conservation of energy) says that energy can neither be created from nothing nor destroyed into nothing. Matter, however, can be converted to energy (which destroys the matter) which can then change form but will not be returning into matter.

HarveyH55 wrote: The gas you put in your car, has mass. Eventually, you have to put more gas in the tank, unless you enjoy getting stranded some place. The gas wasn't destroy, only changed into planet-killing CO2, and fresh water, which California desperately needs.

Harvey, everything you are saying is correct. Your error in this case is that you are discussing the 2nd law of thermodynamics, and explaining the increase in entropy ... while believing that you are discussing the 1st law of thermodynamics.

If you do a little more research on fusion, you'll find that the energy harnessed from fusion comes from matter being destroyed as the fusion occurs (releasing a large amount of energy that was formerly matter).

Neither matter nor energy can be destroyed, they both merely oscillate back and forth. You really need to get out of the shed more often

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

20-10-2022 21:50
(14389)
Swan wrote:Neither matter nor energy can be destroyed

The sun is constantly fusing hydrogen into helium, and is constantly losing mass in the process as matter is destroyed.

All that heat that the sun produces is matter being destroyed.

Enjoy. Don't be afraid to come to me with the hard stuff.
20-10-2022 23:58
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5712)
IBdaMann wrote:

The sun is constantly fusing hydrogen into helium, and is constantly losing mass in the process as matter is destroyed.

The sun may be losing mass, but that mass is merely distributed, it is not lost, mass is never lost

ULTRA MAGA

21-10-2022 00:35
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21588)
Xadoman wrote:
1st, the reactor vessel itself. Fusion of hydrogen into helium occurs at only very high temperatures...enough to melt any material. So no material can touch the area where fusion is taking place.

I am going to quote a phrase from fusor.net:

In solids, quintillions of particles all colliding with each other, make a "feelable" temperature to our skin. In a vacuum, (low pressure), level gas of deuterium in a fusor, all of the gas particles moving about at a relative temperature of 100 million kelvin degrees would feel incredibly cold.

Fusion temperatures are conversions of the energy of the deuterons, neutrons, electrons, and neutral molecules in motion, (kinetic energy), to an equivalent temperature of a particle in motion in a sea of molecules in a solid substance at that temperature. In the fusors or any fusion device, you are in a "near space" vacuum of flying deuterons, electrons, fusion debris - (neutrons Tritons, 3He, protons) and neutrals and not in a solid, so, you can't relate this to a "feelable", "touchable", temperature that our senses are commonly linked to. The normal method of talking among fellow physicists would be to discuss the energies as "electron volts" (ev). The relation of electron volts to kelvins is to multiply the (ev) kinetic energy of the particle by about 11,000. A 1kev particle is said to represent an 11 million kelvins particle. (11 million kelvin degree particle)

The general public would have issues understanding this concept. The fusion physicist absolutely relies on this to befuddle and confound, the public, yet impress enough to obtain continued funding. Don't be a "general public" type! If you are still confused, read up on the physics and Boltzmann's work on thermodynamics.

So you choose to quote jabberwocky from another site. Meh.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
21-10-2022 00:36
(21588)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:I think quantum computing will be mainstream, about the same time fusion reactors go online...

I see it a little differently.

With fusion, you can see the valid science theory (chemistry: nuclear fusion); it's just a matter of whether you believe it can be feasilbly implemented, or whether funding can be established, or whether partner nations can agree, etc...

With quantum computing, you can see the valid science theory (physics: General Relativity) that says quantum entanglement is not possible.

With quantum computing, you can see the valid science theory (physics: Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle) that precludes the use of an elementary particle as a bit. If you can finally establish its position, you won't know its state.

HarveyH55 wrote:Best I've seen from my reading (other than here), is that quantum computers are barely proof-of-concept. There are online quantum computer simulators.

You should watch the video Swan posted. It's a layman's explanation of quantum computing and it's hardly coherent. The entire objective is to hype the viewer into accepting crap and to not ask any questions out of sheer excitement. Please watch the video.

Nuclear fusion has already been achieved in the lab, but naturally you know this.

It's been achieved in the field too.

That is not fusion kid, but on the flip side your stupididity is perfect

It is fusion.

Actually nukes employ fission reactions kiddy, but you know this and are just trolling because you need the attention that your mother never gave you

Nope. It's not fission. It is fusion. Fusion bombs only use a fission bomb as the detonator. All H bombs are fusion bombs.

Says the idiot that believes that mass can be lost.

LOL

It can.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
21-10-2022 00:37
(21588)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Matter can never be destroyed; it can only fluctuate into energy and vice versa. LOL you said so yourself but are too dumb to understand

Matter can be destroyed by converting it to energy. Discard of Einstein's Special Theory of Relativity.

The Parrot Killer

21-10-2022 00:38
(21588)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Matter can never be destroyed; it can only fluctuate into energy and vice versa.

Too funny. Matter can certainly be destroyed by converting it to thermal energy.

He's watched too much Star Trek.

The Parrot Killer

21-10-2022 00:39
(21588)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Guess you skipped third grade physics

Matter can change form through physical and chemical changes, but through any of these changes matter is conserved. The same amount of matter exists before and after the change—none is created or destroyed. This concept is called the Law of Conservation of Mass.

Nuclear reactions are not chemistry, dumbass.

The Parrot Killer

21-10-2022 00:46
(21588)
HarveyH55 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

How did they get the bombs underground...

A crane, and a truck that they drive down the instrumentation tunnel (which is sealed by the blast).
HarveyH55 wrote:
Doubt that much matter was burned up.

It was.
HarveyH55 wrote:
More likely to have been moved, compressed, or converted to desert glass.

Nope. It's gone. The matter is gone. It was converted into thermal energy.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Believe even the under ground tests also created dust clouds.

Not intentionally. There were a few the did accidentally breach the surface.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Matter doesn't get destroyed, only changed.

Matter gets destroyed. Even photons get destroyed.
HarveyH55 wrote:
The gas you put in your car, has mass. Eventually, you have to put more gas in the tank, unless you enjoy getting stranded some place. The gas wasn't destroy, only changed into planet-killing CO2, and fresh water, which California desperately needs.

Nuclear reactions are not chemistry.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Another good point though. Nothing is perfectly stable, and unchanging.

Nobody said it was.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Quantum computing is sub-atomic,

There is no such thing as 'quantum computing'.
HarveyH55 wrote:
but most everything sheds particles, semi-regularly.

Sure. Brush your finger across a table top. You are literally ripping electrons away from the table, and from your hand.
HarveyH55 wrote:
How do they plan on keeping everything from getting influence by these random particles.

Who are 'they'? Influencing what?
HarveyH55 wrote:
Super-cold, can slow, maybe stop some of it.

Absolute zero is not obtainable.
HarveyH55 wrote:
But, wouldn't it also have the same slowing effect on computer processes?

There is no such thing as 'quantum computing'.

The Parrot Killer

21-10-2022 00:55
(21588)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Neither matter nor energy can be destroyed, they both merely oscillate back and forth. You really need to get out of the shed more often

No energy is converted to matter.

The Parrot Killer

21-10-2022 00:56
(21588)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

The sun may be losing mass, but that mass is merely distributed, it is not lost, mass is never lost

It is lost.

The Parrot Killer

21-10-2022 02:03
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5712)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:I think quantum computing will be mainstream, about the same time fusion reactors go online...

With fusion, you can see the valid science theory (chemistry: nuclear fusion); it's just a matter of whether you believe it can be feasilbly implemented, or whether funding can be established, or whether partner nations can agree, etc...

With quantum computing, you can see the valid science theory (physics: General Relativity) that says quantum entanglement is not possible.

With quantum computing, you can see the valid science theory (physics: Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle) that precludes the use of an elementary particle as a bit. If you can finally establish its position, you won't know its state.

HarveyH55 wrote:Best I've seen from my reading (other than here), is that quantum computers are barely proof-of-concept. There are online quantum computer simulators.

You should watch the video Swan posted. It's a layman's explanation of quantum computing and it's hardly coherent. The entire objective is to hype the viewer into accepting crap and to not ask any questions out of sheer excitement. Please watch the video.

Nuclear fusion has already been achieved in the lab, but naturally you know this.

It is fusion.

Actually nukes employ fission reactions kiddy, but you know this and are just trolling because you need the attention that your mother never gave you

Nope. It's not fission. It is fusion. Fusion bombs only use a fission bomb as the detonator. All H bombs are fusion bombs.

LOL

It can.

Where does the lost mass go to then fool?

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

ULTRA MAGA

21-10-2022 03:02
(21588)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

It is fusion.

LOL

It can.

RQAA

The Parrot Killer

21-10-2022 03:24
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5712)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

It is fusion.

LOL

It can.

RQAA

LOL you lost again

ULTRA MAGA

21-10-2022 16:43
(14389)
Swan wrote:Where does the lost mass go to then fool?

Oh, pick me! Pick me!

Matter is converted to thermal energy, increasing the temperature of the associated matter that was not converted to thermal energy.

That matter then radiates thermally at the new temperature according to Stefan-Boltzmann until the remaining matter reaches ambient temperature.

For example, the sun will fuse two hydrogen atoms into one helium atom of less mass than the two hydrogen atoms combined. The mass that is lost is converted to thermal energy and radiated to earth and absorbed by your eggplants.

Your garden depends on the lost solar mass.
28-10-2022 19:12
(5196)
Still not getting how entangled qubits perform computations.
28-10-2022 20:04
(14389)
HarveyH55 wrote:Still not getting how entangled qubits perform computations.

Ignoring the fact that there is no such thing as quantum computing ... because you can't locate the specific elementary particle you seek ... and you can't identify the entangled particle from the bunch of surrounding regular, unentangled particles, ...

... the idea is that a computer using entangled particles wouldn't be constrained by the speed of light for data to travel the data bus, or for addressing to travel the address bus, or for data to be loaded into a register, etc... The processor, the RAM, the data storage, the motherboard and all the other components could theoretically be distributed throughout the solar system and all instructions would nonetheless execute instantaneously.

Such a computer would then not need to cram more and more transistors closer and closer together, and would thus not need to worry about overheating. Instead of merely being a 64-bit system, it could be designed to be a native 1024-bit system.

28-10-2022 20:41
(21588)
HarveyH55 wrote:

A buzzword does not perform computations.

The Parrot Killer

30-10-2022 01:11
James_
★★★★★
(2225)
HarveyH55 wrote:

The microwave that flips a qubit is changed as a result. This is what determines what the binary code allows for. It is the change in the signal.
This suggests that each change results in another minor change. If you consider
that what you see on your computer screen might be 1 billion bits of information, how do you express that as a function of 1 wave of energy?
Kind of why with computer's functions per second matter.
Edited on 30-10-2022 01:12
30-10-2022 15:05
(5196)
James_ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

The microwave that flips a qubit is changed as a result. This is what determines what the binary code allows for. It is the change in the signal.
that what you see on your computer screen might be 1 billion bits of information, how do you express that as a function of 1 wave of energy?

Doesn't really matter how fast the processor, it always comes back to how quickly you can feed it instructions and data to process, and how quickly you can read the results. The processor goes into a 'wait' state, until buffers are filled sufficiently to processor, or empty, so it can send more results. Have seen any mention of quantum storage (memory), which may be in the works, but of little concern, considering how few qubits are being used in the processors. I'm fairly certain it's just a simulation of how a quantum computer is expected to function. It's still silicon based hardware, just a different architecture. Doubt there is anything 'quantum' involved. other than the name, and the scheme. It's a simulation, so they can play with a concept. Maybe the scheme might be faster than how we've been computing, in some ways, but not a huge improvement. Obviously, you can't be a member of the 'geek' club, if you don't learn and regurgitate the marketing hype. It'll never go mainstream, since there is a limited field of applications. No Quantum Xbox, or iPhone...
30-10-2022 22:01
(21588)
HarveyH55 wrote:
James_ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

Doesn't really matter how fast the processor, it always comes back to how quickly you can feed it instructions and data to process, and how quickly you can read the results. The processor goes into a 'wait' state, until buffers are filled sufficiently to processor, or empty, so it can send more results. Have seen any mention of quantum storage (memory), which may be in the works, but of little concern, considering how few qubits are being used in the processors. I'm fairly certain it's just a simulation of how a quantum computer is expected to function. It's still silicon based hardware, just a different architecture. Doubt there is anything 'quantum' involved. other than the name, and the scheme. It's a simulation, so they can play with a concept. Maybe the scheme might be faster than how we've been computing, in some ways, but not a huge improvement. Obviously, you can't be a member of the 'geek' club, if you don't learn and regurgitate the marketing hype. It'll never go mainstream, since there is a limited field of applications. No Quantum Xbox, or iPhone...

There is no such thing as 'quantum memory' or 'qubits' either

You are otherwise pretty close. The first purpose of a computer is not to computer data, but to MOVE it.

A computer without I/O is as useless as a brain in a jar.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 30-10-2022 22:02
31-10-2022 15:53
(14389)
HarveyH55 wrote: The processor goes into a 'wait' state, until buffers are filled sufficiently to processor

Technical Quibble: There is no "sufficiently filled" buffer state for which processors wait. The moment that first instruction enters the buffer, the processor gets working on it.

HarveyH55 wrote: Have seen any mention of quantum storage (memory), which may be in the works, but of little concern, considering how few qubits are being used in the processors.

This is the long and the short of the matter. There is no quantum computing to be had, but there is a theoretical benefit to quantum storage. Unfortunately, Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle comes into play and tells us that we will never be able to locate an elementary particle (qubit) in order to set it.

HarveyH55 wrote: I'm fairly certain it's just a simulation of how a quantum computer is expected to function.

Yup.
01-11-2022 02:15
James_
★★★★★
(2225)
IBdaMann wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote: The processor goes into a 'wait' state, until buffers are filled sufficiently to processor

Technical Quibble: There is no "sufficiently filled" buffer state for which processors wait. The moment that first instruction enters the buffer, the processor gets working on it.

This is something not usually discussed. ROM helps to interpret RAM. Until a viable file is stored in RAM that can be read by the ROM then it cannot be processed. The buffer would be in the RAM because the processor can only compute complete files.
With your TV set, it translates an incoming signal and does not store any data.
That is why it is not a computer. It cannot store data which can be retrieved. I think this is something that any 2nd grader today would know. Should I send a note home with you to your parents? You do seem to be falling behind in your lessons.
01-11-2022 04:04
(21588)
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
James_ wrote:
[quote]HarveyH55 wrote:

The processor goes into a 'wait' state, until buffers are filled sufficiently to processor, or empty, so it can send more results.

There are no buffers in a processor. Memory doesn't push anything to a processor.

Simple CPU designs, such as the IBM360 or the Z80 or the 6502 didn't have any cache either. Cache is not required to be filled before a processor can execute an instruction. Nothing has to 'empty' before data is written to memory.

Many I/O devices today can access memory for themselves without needing a processor to do it for them.

Memory doesn't ever push anything.

A CPU is a general purpose sequencing device. That's all. The /WAIT pin on a CPU is used by a memory controller to make the CPU wait for memory that was accessed, allowing for slow memory to respond. Today, that fetch cycle and resulting read cycles do not use wait states.

Cache is simply remembering what was accessed in memory. It does not need to fill before a processor can execute an instruction. Many CPUs today have Level 1 and Level 2 cache. L1 cache is used for rapid access of instructions and data in tight loops. It is very fast, and the processor need not read the slower memory at all. L2 cache is a bit slower, but larger.

This means the processor must only access main memory rather occasionally, speeding up cycle time.

The Parrot Killer

01-11-2022 04:08
(21588)
James_ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

This is something not usually discussed. ROM helps to interpret RAM.

ROM does not interpret anything. Neither does RAM.
James_ wrote:
Until a viable file is stored in RAM

RAM is not usually used for a file system.
James_ wrote:
that can be read by the ROM then it cannot be processed.

ROM doesn't read RAM.
James_ wrote:
The buffer would be in the RAM because the processor can only compute complete files.

RAM is not usually used for a file system.
James_ wrote:
With your TV set, it translates an incoming signal and does not store any data.

Yes it does.
James_ wrote:
That is why it is not a computer.

It is a computer.
James_ wrote:
It cannot store data which can be retrieved.

Yes it does.
James_ wrote:
I think this is something that any 2nd grader today would know.

But apparently you don't.
James_ wrote:
Should I send a note home with you to your parents? You do seem to be falling behind in your lessons.

You are describing yourself.

The Parrot Killer

Page 2 of 2<12

Join the debate Quantum computing explained for idiots, you know who u r:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Quantum entanglement visualized for the first time ever1407-10-2023 19:05
The number one cause of climate change that the idiots in the government can't seem to see020-09-2023 18:59
IBM quantum experience7213-09-2023 19:48
Better than Quantum Computing525-07-2023 00:11
QUANTUM COMPUTING ON A COMMODORE 64 IN 200 LINES OF BASIC305-07-2023 18:48
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact