Remember me
▼ Content

proxy

proxy23-02-2022 19:53
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
IMHO the key point of disagreement in today's politics in the us is "do we want an authoritarian govt or not?"
This ukraine/russia thing is obviously historical and if putin's authoritarian decisions work out well that will bode well for authoritarianism in the whole world.
If it doesn't work out well then just the opposite will result.
The thing is, putin might resort to nuclear weapons if the west puts up a significant resistance.
So, what to do next?
23-02-2022 20:03
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14402)
keepit wrote:The thing is, putin might resort to nuclear weapons if the west puts up a significant resistance.

I notice you opt to remain fixated on Putin instead of paying proper attention to the Russian government. Any particular reason?

Who constitutes "the west"? The Chechnyans?
23-02-2022 20:14
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
ibd,
I guess it's possible that my view is influenced by thousands of images i've seen on the media. Yes, i do watch fox news.
I try not to respond to your silly questions such as, "What do you mean by the west?" Do you live under a rock?
My ex ex wife is an expert on russia but she hasn't talked to me since this ukraine/russian thing began a few weeks ago so i'm kind of cut off from inside info.
23-02-2022 21:31
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
keepit wrote:
IMHO the key point of disagreement in today's politics in the us

** USA ... and the USA doesn't exist anymore... it is now the States of America.

keepit wrote:
is "do we want an authoritarian govt or not?"

Who is this "we" you are speaking of?

No, I do not want an authoritarian government. I want a constitutional government (a republic), as the USA was.

keepit wrote:
This ukraine/russia thing is obviously historical

What "thing"? Learn how to form a complete thought. Your c-clamp must be getting tighter and tighter... Try loosening it for a change... it might help.

keepit wrote:
and if putin's authoritarian decisions work out well that will bode well for authoritarianism in the whole world. If it doesn't work out well then just the opposite will result.

What "authoritarian decisions"?? You need to describe what you are talking about. That's how dialogue between two people can occur... Without doing so, you are just typing out a whole bunch of words that mean absolutely nothing.

keepit wrote:
The thing is, putin might resort to nuclear weapons if the west puts up a significant resistance.
So, what to do next?

Why would Putin even consider that?? And why do you keep saying "Putin" rather than "Russian Government"?
23-02-2022 21:38
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
keepit wrote:The thing is, putin might resort to nuclear weapons if the west puts up a significant resistance.

I notice you opt to remain fixated on Putin instead of paying proper attention to the Russian government. Any particular reason?

Good point. I will be adding this to my list.
24-02-2022 02:05
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Rather than get into a big war over crimea and donbos region, zelensky should just let russia have those regions. They have mostly russian sympathizers so why would ukraine even want them? So much simpler to just let those regions go to russia and avert war.
Of course putin might not accept that. He may have bigger ambitions but offering him those regions will fully show what his intention really are.
Edited on 24-02-2022 02:06
24-02-2022 04:04
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21596)
keepit wrote:
IMHO the key point of disagreement in today's politics in the us is "do we want an authoritarian govt or not?"

U.S. is a proper abbreviation for the United States. It is capitalized and punctuated.
There currently is no United States. The silent coup by the Democrats through election fraud has resulted in the U.S. federal government being converted into an oligarchy. They no longer recognize the constitution that defines the U.S. federal government. They no longer recognize any State constitution either.

Biden is authoritarian. So is Trudeau. Despite this, they condemn Putin's actions in the Ukraine??!? The upshot? Nothing will be done. Putin has nothing to fear (except the Ukraine itself, of course, and any nation that decides to ally with it.)
keepit wrote:
This ukraine/russia thing is obviously historical and if putin's authoritarian decisions work out well that will bode well for authoritarianism in the whole world.

Ukraine, Russia, and Putin are proper nouns. They are capitalized.
This attack will NOT work out well. It can't.
keepit wrote:

Oh, it's historical all right. It's essentially the beginning of WW3.
keepit wrote:

Putin is a proper noun. You usage of the West is also a proper noun. Proper nouns are capitalized.
You seem to forget that many nations of nuclear weapons, not just Russia.
keepit wrote:
So, what to do next?

You are not Putin. You are not Zelensky. You can't decide what they will do.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
24-02-2022 04:09
(21596)
keepit wrote:
ibd,
I guess it's possible that my view is influenced by thousands of images i've seen on the media. Yes, i do watch fox news.
I try not to respond to your silly questions such as, "What do you mean by the west?" Do you live under a rock?
My ex ex wife is an expert on russia but she hasn't talked to me since this ukraine/russian thing began a few weeks ago so i'm kind of cut off from inside info.

FOX is a call letter. It is all capitalized.
The West is a proper noun. It is capitalized.
Use dashes for ex-ex-wife.
Russia is a proper noun. It is capitalized.
Russian is a proper noun. it is capitalized.
Ukraine is a proper noun. It is capitalized.
"I'm" is a proper noun. It is capitalized.

Since you refuse to answer his very simple question (just like all the others you won't answer), I can only assume you don't know what "The West" actually is.

Your ex-ex-wife has no "inside info". Military secrets are not public knowledge.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
24-02-2022 04:10
(21596)
gfm7175 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Good point. I will be adding this to my list.

Good idea. I might add that IBD should add this question to the list of the many unanswered questions directed toward keepit.

The Parrot Killer

24-02-2022 04:15
(21596)
keepit wrote:
Rather than get into a big war over crimea and donbos region, zelensky should just let russia have those regions.
They have mostly russian sympathizers
so why would ukraine even want them?
So much simpler to just let those regions go to russia and avert war.
Of course putin might not accept that.

He may have bigger ambitions but offering him those regions will fully show what his intention really are.

Your English is really atrocious. I assume you flunked.

Crimea, Zelensky, Russia, Russian, Ukraine, and Putin are proper nouns. They are capitalized.
Use of singular with plural verb. The correct phrase is 'what is intention really is', or 'what his intensions really are'.

Ukrainian citizens are Ukrainian citizens. You don't just give up part of your country. The Ukraine has BEEN INVADED by Russia.

The Parrot Killer

24-02-2022 08:12
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
keepit wrote:
So, what to do next?

Democrats want an authoritarian dictatorship, a 'nanny-state', since they need to treat everyone else as ignorant, incompetent morons, so they 'appear' superior. It'll never happen in America, because we aren't ignorant morons. A little lazy, and like 'free-stuff'. But, when it comes down to forcing crap on use, that we don't like. or want. Or taking stuff away from us, the democrats are going to get spanked hard. Biden crossed a line with his vaccine mandate, but got slapped down. Lot of people still got screwed over though. Vaccines aren't such a bad idea for health care workers though, if they need it.

All the former USSR countries have had a rough time going it alone. The Ukraine was failing badly. The US, and a few other countries stepped in, hoping to keep the USSR from reforming. I don't doubt there are those in the Ukraine, that would rather be with Russia, rather than doing what the democrats consider 'better' for them. It's what the democrats intend for America after all.

I don't think Putin plans on just 'taking' anything. Too much international backlash to make it worthwhile. Most definitely won't resort to nuclear weapons. Those will always be a last resort/exit. Too much of a mess to clean up, lot of time and money, to make the land livable again. Not something you do to land you expect to keep as your own. Russia aren't the only countries with nukes. One launch, might convince one or more nuclear countries to consider putting a permanent end to Russia, so can never launch anymore, or use them as a threat.

Remember how quickly Afghanistan reverted to it's old ways, soon as we pulled out? It's pretty much the same for every country our democrats installed their version of 'democracy', and send aid money and supplies. Their democracy on last, as long as there is 'free-stuff'. The democrats have a hard time continuing to justify sending the free stuff. Republicans want it to stop, or greatly reduced. We have our own problems to deal with, and a huge debt. Each failed 'democracy', doesn't look well for the democrats who hope to do the same for America.

Join the debate proxy:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact