Remember me
▼ Content

prevention

prevention14-05-2023 18:46
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
As i posted a while back, google's ai decided on its own to learn the bengladese language. It's an obvious example of ai being able to make independent decisions and take action. Suppose ai decided to do something extremely dangerous. Who could prevent that? Safeguards against that sort of thing should be built into ai.
14-05-2023 19:22
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
keepit wrote:As i posted a while back, google's ai decided on its own to learn the bengladese language.

That did not happen. You shouldn't believe everything that reaches a certain stupidity level.

keepit wrote:Suppose ai decided to do something extremely dangerous.

It can't happen. This has been explained to you.
14-05-2023 19:54
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
ibd,
I saw the CEO say it on live tv.
You claim this sort of thing can't happen but you lost all credibility with me long ago.
Edited on 14-05-2023 19:55
14-05-2023 22:17
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
keepit wrote:
ibd,
I saw the CEO say it on live tv.
You claim this sort of thing can't happen but you lost all credibility with me long ago.

A CEO usually only has degree in business management. Usually pretty clueless about what the business actual does. Just doesn't matter to them, for the job they do. The change jobs frequently enough, and seldom the same sort of business. They don't typical have much power over the company, just sign off on deals, make excuses, testify before congress, take the fall... The CEO just reads a script, sort of like Biden does, and really doesn't need to understand it, just convince an audience.

Google is a huge company, with thousands of people who work at home. It's just as likely a human provided the training, never updated a log, or documented doing it. Have they found any other instances of their AI self-learning? Everything I've read about AI, is that learning/training and executing the task are always separate.

As you probably saw in another thread, people like to play with the Chatbot. Just to see if they can confuse it, or get it to admit it can't answer. If it was self-learning, it would attempt to correct itself, probably often.

Considering that Google-translate has been a feature for a long time, and pretty comprehensive of world languages, likely where the AI was trained. Another possible human error, probably never got noticed. One-off is a curiosity, attention-getter, but isn't proof of anything.
14-05-2023 22:40
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Harvey,
Why are you trying to convince yourself that this didn't happen. Is there anyone you think tells the truth?
15-05-2023 01:52
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
keepit wrote:
Harvey,
Why are you trying to convince yourself that this didn't happen. Is there anyone you think tells the truth?

I've worked with electronics and computers most of my life. Just not possible, as stated. It's just the one occurrence. Just sounds more like a publicity stunt, than an actual event. Ever thought that the engineer might have lied, embellished, mis-understood, or was mis-quoted? Maybe he was offer a chance to choose, quit, or be fired?
15-05-2023 02:50
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Harvey,
I don't know but at least i know i don't know.
Your response is more of, "i don't believe".
Edited on 15-05-2023 02:51
15-05-2023 06:53
(14389)
keepit wrote:ibd, I saw the CEO say it on live tv.

What is the CEO's job? Hint: It's not to tell the truth.

keepit wrote:You claim this sort of thing can't happen but you lost all credibility with me long ago.

You're still fuming that the number of dollars increases with each dollar that is printed. I get it.

Good luck sorting it all out.
15-05-2023 20:49
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5710)
IBdaMann wrote:
keepit wrote:As i posted a while back, google's ai decided on its own to learn the bengladese language.

That did not happen. You shouldn't believe everything that reaches a certain stupidity level.

keepit wrote:Suppose ai decided to do something extremely dangerous.

It can't happen. This has been explained to you.

Were you there? how do you know that it didn't happen?

You may now resume fingerpainting with your Mommy

Furthermore the fact is that congress just made ai illegal in certain situations because it is clearly dangerous

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?

It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
Edited on 15-05-2023 20:53
15-05-2023 22:08
(14389)
Swan wrote:Were you there?

Too funny!

Swan just asked if I was where Google AI did not learn the Bangladeshi language.

Yes, Swan, I was.

Swan wrote:how do you know that it didn't happen?

It would seem that I was there.

Swan, is Google AI amphibious? Is Quantum Entanglement amphibious?
16-05-2023 00:54
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
just shut up ibd.
16-05-2023 02:15
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5710)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:Were you there?

Too funny!

Swan just asked if I was where Google AI did not learn the Bangladeshi language.

Yes, Swan, I was.

Swan wrote:how do you know that it didn't happen?

It would seem that I was there.

Swan, is Google AI amphibious? Is Quantum Entanglement amphibious?

Again alligators are not amphibians, they are amphibious reptiles. You may now resume fingerpainting what your hallucinations see. Furthermore if you were in the Google ai lab, and you said so here, you would be fired pronto just like Blake Lemoine was. The fact is that you do not even have a job, unless Burger King hired you back to wash tables. So tell us about LaMDA, then take your pills.

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?

It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
Edited on 16-05-2023 02:20

Join the debate prevention:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
The Prevention of Climate Change Through CO2 Removal2328-03-2020 22:32
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact