Remember me
▼ Content

Prepping for the Carbon Apocalipse...


Prepping for the Carbon Apocalipse...07-01-2019 21:26
HarveyH55
★★★☆☆
(717)
Climate Change gives me a bad feeling, but not in a scientific sense, more political/economic. Our government seems to be trending toward green, and not the paper money kind. I expect there is going to be some rough years soon, while this thing gets battled out.

I'm guessing the democrats don't want to spend $5.6 billion on a border wall, because they need the southern vote (once they get their papers), and they want to use that money for green-things. The President promised a wall, so it's a strong deal maker, for something nobody really wants (higher taxes). I expect some protesting, rioting, looting, lot of senseless violence, vandalism.

I've never had much interest in prepping for anything. I'm more inclined to look around, and make do with what's available. Unfortunately, I'd expect some shortages, as panicked people buy up all they can, and hoard. Happens often enough around here, most any hurricane that might make landfall. It's sort of crazy, since at most, you only need a few days after the storm passes, even if it's bad, there are supplies made available.

Think a few guns, and plenty of ammunition would be a good start, for self defense, and for hunting up some food. I've see a lot of advertisements for survival food, with a 25 year shelf life, but a little skeptical. Even if you could eat it, and keep it down, not sure how much nutritional value would be left, after a year or two. Plus, you would need water to mix it with. Water is plentiful around here, little concerned about it being safe drinking water though.
08-01-2019 18:27
Into the Night
★★★★★
(8003)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Climate Change gives me a bad feeling, but not in a scientific sense, more political/economic. Our government seems to be trending toward green, and not the paper money kind. I expect there is going to be some rough years soon, while this thing gets battled out.

I'm guessing the democrats don't want to spend $5.6 billion on a border wall, because they need the southern vote (once they get their papers), and they want to use that money for green-things. The President promised a wall, so it's a strong deal maker, for something nobody really wants (higher taxes). I expect some protesting, rioting, looting, lot of senseless violence, vandalism.

I've never had much interest in prepping for anything. I'm more inclined to look around, and make do with what's available. Unfortunately, I'd expect some shortages, as panicked people buy up all they can, and hoard. Happens often enough around here, most any hurricane that might make landfall. It's sort of crazy, since at most, you only need a few days after the storm passes, even if it's bad, there are supplies made available.

Think a few guns, and plenty of ammunition would be a good start, for self defense, and for hunting up some food. I've see a lot of advertisements for survival food, with a 25 year shelf life, but a little skeptical. Even if you could eat it, and keep it down, not sure how much nutritional value would be left, after a year or two. Plus, you would need water to mix it with. Water is plentiful around here, little concerned about it being safe drinking water though.


Having a reasonable supply of emergency food (and water in many cases) is certainlyl valuable, don't discount the fact that the knowledge to produce these things is not going away, even in times of crisis. Protect yourself against storm damage or loss of a job for a bit, but that's really all you need to do. Don't fall for the survivalist stuff.

Sure, the Church of Green, the Church of Global Warming, and the Church of Karl Marx will make certain things expensive, but nothing prevents you from growing your own food (need real estate for that? See your local community pea patch). If you have a house, even better. Farmers will still be growing crops, even if these religions manage to get control. Ranchers will still be producing meat, even if these religions manage to get control. Rain will still fall and fill reservoirs, even if these religions manage to get control.

Believe me, this country has been through worse.


The Parrot Killer
10-01-2019 20:29
Wake
★★★★★
(4026)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Climate Change gives me a bad feeling, but not in a scientific sense, more political/economic. Our government seems to be trending toward green, and not the paper money kind. I expect there is going to be some rough years soon, while this thing gets battled out.

I'm guessing the democrats don't want to spend $5.6 billion on a border wall, because they need the southern vote (once they get their papers), and they want to use that money for green-things. The President promised a wall, so it's a strong deal maker, for something nobody really wants (higher taxes). I expect some protesting, rioting, looting, lot of senseless violence, vandalism.

I've never had much interest in prepping for anything. I'm more inclined to look around, and make do with what's available. Unfortunately, I'd expect some shortages, as panicked people buy up all they can, and hoard. Happens often enough around here, most any hurricane that might make landfall. It's sort of crazy, since at most, you only need a few days after the storm passes, even if it's bad, there are supplies made available.

Think a few guns, and plenty of ammunition would be a good start, for self defense, and for hunting up some food. I've see a lot of advertisements for survival food, with a 25 year shelf life, but a little skeptical. Even if you could eat it, and keep it down, not sure how much nutritional value would be left, after a year or two. Plus, you would need water to mix it with. Water is plentiful around here, little concerned about it being safe drinking water though.


There is no global warming. The entire "science" behind it is fake. What is going to occur is that the new Attorney General is going to start bringing the so-called scientists that used this BS to obtain sometimes extremely large research grants for it to a Grand Jury and thereafter to a real trial.

Dr. Tim Ball proved in a Canadian court that Dr. Michael Mann defrauded science with his hockey stick. They have the emails where they were discussing how to phony the results, "We just have to lose the Medieval Warm Period." Followed by that entire several hundreds of years disappearing from the data sets.

Many other people such as Al Gore have also defrauded Americans and should be also tried. Let's see him explaining to a jury of his piers how he first went around saying that we were dropping into another ice age followed by we were going to cook to death in runaway heating.

The entire recoverable history of the Earth has shown us that the total MGT has only changed 3 degrees C because of KNOWN feedback mechanisms in atmosphere. Furhtermore Cook had to withdraw his paper after it was shown that his 97% of all scientist turned out to be really 0.3%. The lies of these people are endless.

So say this is a hoax would indicate that there was an component of joke in it. There was none - this was purposeful criminal acts that should be punished.
10-01-2019 23:15
HarveyH55
★★★☆☆
(717)
We can only hope for swift justice, but that doesn't happen often in these United States. There are a whole lot of believers, who made a huge investment in faith. Won't be easy to set them right, some will die, rather than admit they were fools. Some will probably die, before they can testify. Democratic politicians, are almost always lawyers first, professional liers, who know the legal line pretty well, and just how close they can walk it to steal, without actually breaking the law. Pretty sure they can drag it out for many years, and still keep operating as usual. Committing a crime, and proving criminal intent, is going to be tough. Some of them knew, and were deeply involved, but I'm sure they have a plan to deal with squealers, leakers, and legal actions. It's more of a cult, the top dogs are the criminals, but the ones a little lower, will protect the cause. Look at Trump, even though there is nothing showing collusion, or even a campaign crime, the Dems may keep the case going the whole 4 years, least into the re-election campaign. There probably is a whole lot of unrelated dirt, don't think Trump is any saint, otherwise he would be pushing them to wrap it up. A few months should have been plenty of time. Think we'll find the Dems are heavily involved in Climate Change fraud as well. Criminals don't investigate themselves. It's probably the biggest, nastiest scandal, America has ever been involved in, and there will be a lot of them pushing for a quiet resolution, an easy way out, as not to embarrass the country, like it still matters.

I've got a hunch Trump's wall and the shut down, show down is a huge bargaining chip. They want something huge, for that wall money. Surprisingly, we seldom hear about Bill Clinton built some border wall. George W. Bush put in some fence, and was suppose to do the whole border, but some more pressing matter happened. Even Barrack Obama was a wall builder, we see some of his work on TV almost daily lately, down at Tijuana. Clearly, the Dems are abusing their power. Wonder if that's an impeachable offense...
11-01-2019 19:06
Into the Night
★★★★★
(8003)
Wake wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Climate Change gives me a bad feeling, but not in a scientific sense, more political/economic. Our government seems to be trending toward green, and not the paper money kind. I expect there is going to be some rough years soon, while this thing gets battled out.

I'm guessing the democrats don't want to spend $5.6 billion on a border wall, because they need the southern vote (once they get their papers), and they want to use that money for green-things. The President promised a wall, so it's a strong deal maker, for something nobody really wants (higher taxes). I expect some protesting, rioting, looting, lot of senseless violence, vandalism.

I've never had much interest in prepping for anything. I'm more inclined to look around, and make do with what's available. Unfortunately, I'd expect some shortages, as panicked people buy up all they can, and hoard. Happens often enough around here, most any hurricane that might make landfall. It's sort of crazy, since at most, you only need a few days after the storm passes, even if it's bad, there are supplies made available.

Think a few guns, and plenty of ammunition would be a good start, for self defense, and for hunting up some food. I've see a lot of advertisements for survival food, with a 25 year shelf life, but a little skeptical. Even if you could eat it, and keep it down, not sure how much nutritional value would be left, after a year or two. Plus, you would need water to mix it with. Water is plentiful around here, little concerned about it being safe drinking water though.


There is no global warming.

Then why do you keep saying there is???
Wake wrote:
The entire "science" behind it is fake.

Yet YOU use the same 'science' to try to show CO2 warms the Earth. WTF???
Wake wrote:
What is going to occur is that the new Attorney General is going to start bringing the so-called scientists that used this BS to obtain sometimes extremely large research grants for it to a Grand Jury and thereafter to a real trial.

Dr. Tim Ball proved in a Canadian court that Dr. Michael Mann defrauded science with his hockey stick. They have the emails where they were discussing how to phony the results, "We just have to lose the Medieval Warm Period." Followed by that entire several hundreds of years disappearing from the data sets.

Many other people such as Al Gore have also defrauded Americans and should be also tried. Let's see him explaining to a jury of his piers how he first went around saying that we were dropping into another ice age followed by we were going to cook to death in runaway heating.

The entire recoverable history of the Earth has shown us that the total MGT has only changed 3 degrees C

It's not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth, Wake.
Wake wrote:
because of KNOWN feedback mechanisms in atmosphere.

There are no 'feedback' mechanisms that warm the Earth, Wake.
Wake wrote:
Furhtermore Cook had to withdraw his paper after it was shown that his 97% of all scientist turned out to be really 0.3%. The lies of these people are endless.

Actually, it has not been shown at all. Following Cook's math (and assuming his 'data' is correct, which he never showed), it was 97% of 37% of the papers examined, or less than 37%. There is data shown for the study, so Cook is using random numbers to begin with as raw data.
Wake wrote:
So say this is a hoax would indicate that there was an component of joke in it. There was none - this was purposeful criminal acts that should be punished.

Under what law?

Freedom of religious beliefs are protected under the Constitution of the United States, Wake.


The Parrot Killer
11-01-2019 19:08
Wake
★★★★★
(4026)
Into the Night wrote:
Wake wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Climate Change gives me a bad feeling, but not in a scientific sense, more political/economic. Our government seems to be trending toward green, and not the paper money kind. I expect there is going to be some rough years soon, while this thing gets battled out.

I'm guessing the democrats don't want to spend $5.6 billion on a border wall, because they need the southern vote (once they get their papers), and they want to use that money for green-things. The President promised a wall, so it's a strong deal maker, for something nobody really wants (higher taxes). I expect some protesting, rioting, looting, lot of senseless violence, vandalism.

I've never had much interest in prepping for anything. I'm more inclined to look around, and make do with what's available. Unfortunately, I'd expect some shortages, as panicked people buy up all they can, and hoard. Happens often enough around here, most any hurricane that might make landfall. It's sort of crazy, since at most, you only need a few days after the storm passes, even if it's bad, there are supplies made available.

Think a few guns, and plenty of ammunition would be a good start, for self defense, and for hunting up some food. I've see a lot of advertisements for survival food, with a 25 year shelf life, but a little skeptical. Even if you could eat it, and keep it down, not sure how much nutritional value would be left, after a year or two. Plus, you would need water to mix it with. Water is plentiful around here, little concerned about it being safe drinking water though.


There is no global warming.

Then why do you keep saying there is???
Wake wrote:
The entire "science" behind it is fake.

Yet YOU use the same 'science' to try to show CO2 warms the Earth. WTF???
Wake wrote:
What is going to occur is that the new Attorney General is going to start bringing the so-called scientists that used this BS to obtain sometimes extremely large research grants for it to a Grand Jury and thereafter to a real trial.

Dr. Tim Ball proved in a Canadian court that Dr. Michael Mann defrauded science with his hockey stick. They have the emails where they were discussing how to phony the results, "We just have to lose the Medieval Warm Period." Followed by that entire several hundreds of years disappearing from the data sets.

Many other people such as Al Gore have also defrauded Americans and should be also tried. Let's see him explaining to a jury of his piers how he first went around saying that we were dropping into another ice age followed by we were going to cook to death in runaway heating.

The entire recoverable history of the Earth has shown us that the total MGT has only changed 3 degrees C

It's not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth, Wake.
Wake wrote:
because of KNOWN feedback mechanisms in atmosphere.

There are no 'feedback' mechanisms that warm the Earth, Wake.
Wake wrote:
Furhtermore Cook had to withdraw his paper after it was shown that his 97% of all scientist turned out to be really 0.3%. The lies of these people are endless.

Actually, it has not been shown at all. Following Cook's math (and assuming his 'data' is correct, which he never showed), it was 97% of 37% of the papers examined, or less than 37%. There is data shown for the study, so Cook is using random numbers to begin with as raw data.
Wake wrote:
So say this is a hoax would indicate that there was an component of joke in it. There was none - this was purposeful criminal acts that should be punished.

Under what law?

Freedom of religious beliefs are protected under the Constitution of the United States, Wake.


Are your eyes rolling in your head at this stage as well? When you are this sick you should reach out to the medical profession.
11-01-2019 19:10
Into the Night
★★★★★
(8003)
HarveyH55 wrote:
We can only hope for swift justice, but that doesn't happen often in these United States. There are a whole lot of believers, who made a huge investment in faith. Won't be easy to set them right, some will die, rather than admit they were fools. Some will probably die, before they can testify. Democratic politicians, are almost always lawyers first, professional liers, who know the legal line pretty well, and just how close they can walk it to steal, without actually breaking the law. Pretty sure they can drag it out for many years, and still keep operating as usual. Committing a crime, and proving criminal intent, is going to be tough. Some of them knew, and were deeply involved, but I'm sure they have a plan to deal with squealers, leakers, and legal actions. It's more of a cult, the top dogs are the criminals, but the ones a little lower, will protect the cause. Look at Trump, even though there is nothing showing collusion, or even a campaign crime, the Dems may keep the case going the whole 4 years, least into the re-election campaign. There probably is a whole lot of unrelated dirt, don't think Trump is any saint, otherwise he would be pushing them to wrap it up. A few months should have been plenty of time. Think we'll find the Dems are heavily involved in Climate Change fraud as well. Criminals don't investigate themselves. It's probably the biggest, nastiest scandal, America has ever been involved in, and there will be a lot of them pushing for a quiet resolution, an easy way out, as not to embarrass the country, like it still matters.

I've got a hunch Trump's wall and the shut down, show down is a huge bargaining chip. They want something huge, for that wall money. Surprisingly, we seldom hear about Bill Clinton built some border wall. George W. Bush put in some fence, and was suppose to do the whole border, but some more pressing matter happened. Even Barrack Obama was a wall builder, we see some of his work on TV almost daily lately, down at Tijuana. Clearly, the Dems are abusing their power. Wonder if that's an impeachable offense...


The Dems lose power in a shutdown. Government IS their power. There is no bargaining chip. The Dems simply feel they can't afford to let Trump have any victory.

Trump is not a saint, but he knows what he is doing, and he knows his opponents rather better than they know themselves.


The Parrot Killer
11-01-2019 19:11
Into the Night
★★★★★
(8003)
Wake wrote:
Are your eyes rolling in your head at this stage as well? When you are this sick you should reach out to the medical profession.


Insult fallacy.


The Parrot Killer
12-01-2019 06:57
HarveyH55
★★★☆☆
(717)
I'm wondering if 2019 is going to be the year Trump gets to work, play time is over. He's pretty much let the Dems walk all over everything he's tried to do for this country. Hopefully, he uses his time before the next election to show who real is in charge, and how the country should be run.

Think if he can get the wall built, kill climate change, and get the trade deals finalized, he won't see much competition in the 2020 run. Once the RussiaGate is proven to be a waste of time and resources, maybe he can finally talk with Russia, and get a few things straightened out with them. We don't need to be best friends with them, but things would go a lot smoother if we weren't working against each other.

I really don't understand the border problem. These caravans of thousands of people, lining up at our border, waiting to invade, is not a crisis? Not an act of war? So, they aren't armed, or killing, doesn't mean they aren't going to cause harm. They come, with just what they can carry, have no food, jobs, or housing waiting for them. While our border people are kept busy with the main group, how protected is the rest of the border? Those large groups, are likely decoys, and the bad ones or sneaking over easier, in the usual ways, in larger numbers. We have no way of knowing who, or how many, until there is trouble.

Climate changes are going to happen overnight, nor is it guaranteed to run as predicted, even the IPCC isn't that commited. These are possible scenarios, and what can/might happen, on every prediction. They claim the changes will come over decades, no way to stop or reverse them, only maybe slow it down some. Decades seem slow enough, not a crisis issue, we can deal with and problem as they come, as we always have, and done well enough. Tragedies happen almost everyday, people die (we all will, eventually, for one reason or another), makes no sense to obsess over when or how. Nobody will live forever, sort of pointless trying to prevent events, that probably won't happen, or make much difference in the long run.
14-01-2019 09:45
Into the Night
★★★★★
(8003)
HarveyH55 wrote:
I'm wondering if 2019 is going to be the year Trump gets to work, play time is over.

He's already been getting a lot of work done, but you won't hear about it in the news media.

You'll see it in your paycheck though. Also, you see it in the hiring signs going up everywhere.
HarveyH55 wrote:
He's pretty much let the Dems walk all over everything he's tried to do for this country.

No, actually he's ignored them. They really don't deserve any attention anyway.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Hopefully, he uses his time before the next election to show who real is in charge, and how the country should be run.

Trump IS in charge, and he IS doing what he can as President. During the current incident with the government shutdown, he IS in control. He has laid out his conditions for any budget bill coming out of Congress. Anything else he will veto. The Democrats do not have the votes to override the veto. They have only to authorize $5b for the wall. That is 0.0125% of the federal budget. It's chump change. If they do that, the Senate will approve it and Trump will sign the budget bill. Until then, there is no budget.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Think if he can get the wall built,

He will.
HarveyH55 wrote:
kill climate change,
You can't kill a religion. The Church of Global Warming is a religion. Neither Congress nor the President is authorized to pass a law preventing the belief in a religion nor to make it an 'official' state religion.
HarveyH55 wrote:
and get the trade deals finalized,
Already in progress.
HarveyH55 wrote:
he won't see much competition in the 2020 run.
How many Democrats are running for President now? 25? 27?
HarveyH55 wrote:
Once the RussiaGate is proven to be a waste of time and resources,

Not necessary. You are innocent until proven guilty, not guilty until proven innocent. There is no evidence of Russia controlling the President or of having thrown the election.
HarveyH55 wrote:
maybe he can finally talk with Russia,
He already does. He's the President of the United States. He's supposed to meet with world leaders, including Putin.
HarveyH55 wrote:
and get a few things straightened out with them.

He already has. He negotiated some things about maintaining Israel, discussed a few things about North Korea, discussed some trade parameters, etc.
HarveyH55 wrote:
We don't need to be best friends with them, but things would go a lot smoother if we weren't working against each other.

Trump agrees. He's even gone so far as to say that same thing.
HarveyH55 wrote:
I really don't understand the border problem. These caravans of thousands of people, lining up at our border, waiting to invade, is not a crisis?

The border problem has been a crisis for many years, not just the caravans. It's finally time we did something about it. The improved wall is a first step.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Not an act of war? So, they aren't armed, or killing, doesn't mean they aren't going to cause harm.

They are not military. They are foreign civilians. While it is an invasion, it is not sanctioned as a military act by any nation. It is not an act of war.

As far as causing harm, some already do. They come carrying drugs, to join gangs, to take advantage of our welfare system and other government services on your dime, the scam, they steal, they assault, they murder. Not all of them of course, but some of them do.
HarveyH55 wrote:
They come, with just what they can carry, have no food, jobs, or housing waiting for them.

But they do. They have many jobs waiting for them in construction, temporary farm and ranch work, housekeepers, and even buses waiting for them to pay them to vote multiple times in the same election under false names.
HarveyH55 wrote:
While our border people are kept busy with the main group, how protected is the rest of the border?

The wall, where it exists, stops them. They go around. The border patrol tends to concentrate their forces at these points where traffic is funneled into going around the wall. More wall, easier funneling of traffic.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Those large groups, are likely decoys, and the bad ones or sneaking over easier, in the usual ways, in larger numbers.

We would notice them. In addition to the fence, there are thermal sensors, proximity sensors, vibration sensors, ranchers on the lookout for them, and roving border agents the entire length of the border. Remember, to get across in many places means crossing a good 50 miles of open desert to even get to the nearest road.

HarveyH55 wrote:
We have no way of knowing who, or how many, until there is trouble.

Not a precise number, no. However, we can and do monitor the bulk of the traffic. Most are arrested and sent back. A few always make it anyway though. The wall will improve these numbers.
HarveyH55 wrote:
Climate changes are going to happen overnight, nor is it guaranteed to run as predicted, even the IPCC isn't that commited. These are possible scenarios, and what can/might happen, on every prediction. They claim the changes will come over decades, no way to stop or reverse them, only maybe slow it down some. Decades seem slow enough, not a crisis issue, we can deal with and problem as they come, as we always have, and done well enough. Tragedies happen almost everyday, people die (we all will, eventually, for one reason or another), makes no sense to obsess over when or how. Nobody will live forever, sort of pointless trying to prevent events, that probably won't happen, or make much difference in the long run.

The Church of Global Warming learned from Al Gore's mistake. They always predict their gloom and doom to somewhere well beyond a lifetime now.


The Parrot Killer




Join the debate Prepping for the Carbon Apocalipse...:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
carbon footprint16309-06-2019 20:27
Alberta throne speech followed by bill to repeal provincial carbon tax023-05-2019 09:20
It will be Very Hot and very Wet--We've exceeded 415ppm of Carbon Dioxide for the first Time since th3118-05-2019 19:28
California's Carbon-Tax?117-05-2019 10:16
What does 'Carbon-Pricing' mean?1215-05-2019 22:27
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2019 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact