Remember me
▼ Content

Powell


Powell23-02-2021 18:21
keepit
★★★★★
(2073)
Fed chairman Powell is talking on cnbc right now. He said that m2 and economic activity aren't link any more and that "we" should unlearn that relationship.
Those who think they know econ better than the experts should just keep their coool..

Powell doesn't expect inflation to rise to troubling levels. Larry Summers isn't quite so sure of that.
Edited on 23-02-2021 18:43
23-02-2021 19:27
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★☆
(1869)
Still outsourcing your thinking to others, eh?
23-02-2021 19:47
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15054)
keepit wrote:
Fed chairman Powell is talking on cnbc right now.

So?
keepit wrote:
He said that m2 and economic activity aren't link any more

They never were linked.
keepit wrote:
and that "we" should unlearn that relationship.

There never was a relationship.
keepit wrote:
Those who think they know econ better than the experts should just keep their coool..

Expert Worship. False authority fallacy.
keepit wrote:
Powell doesn't expect inflation to rise to troubling levels.

He's dead wrong. It already has.
keepit wrote:
Larry Summers isn't quite so sure of that.

So what? Why are you so intent on quoting people? You have no ability to present your own argument? You have no ability to think?


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
23-02-2021 21:46
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(3195)
keepit wrote:
Fed chairman Powell is talking on cnbc right now. He said that m2 and economic activity aren't link any more and that "we" should unlearn that relationship.
Those who think they know econ better than the experts should just keep their coool..

Powell doesn't expect inflation to rise to troubling levels. Larry Summers isn't quite so sure of that.


Opinion journalism. 'Doesn't expect...', from an expert, usually means it's going to be worse than anyone imagined... If knew, then he would have stated it as such. Causing a panic isn't going to help much, is it? His comments will always be ambiguous, unless he wants to manipulate people.
23-02-2021 23:07
keepit
★★★★★
(2073)
Harvey,
I didn't watch the whole thing (Powell) but i sure didn't get the impression that he wanted to generate panic. Matter of fact those govt officials usually want to paint a calming presentation.
Why are you so fixated on panic? It's an ongoing theme of yours.
24-02-2021 01:51
Spongy Iris
★★★☆☆
(548)
The prices of bonds, stocks, and real estate have been inflating since ~ 2010 around when the Fed began expanding its balance sheet.

There's a relationship between inflation and the Fed printing money. Its just the "official" inflation numbers don't count stocks, bonds, and real estate, which is where most inflation has occurred.


24-02-2021 02:24
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(3195)
keepit wrote:
Harvey,
I didn't watch the whole thing (Powell) but i sure didn't get the impression that he wanted to generate panic. Matter of fact those govt officials usually want to paint a calming presentation.
Why are you so fixated on panic? It's an ongoing theme of yours.


You have a reading comprehension problem... Even if he knew there was going to be a huge problem, he would never even hint, that it's coming. An inflation problem will suck bad enough, but people scrambling to protect their wealth, or prepare for the worst, will make it even worse. Inflation isn't bad for everybody, some people make a lot of money during periods of inflation. Pretty much anything can be exploited.
24-02-2021 03:36
James___
★★★★★
(4160)
Spongy Iris wrote:
The prices of bonds, stocks, and real estate have been inflating since ~ 2010 around when the Fed began expanding its balance sheet.

There's a relationship between inflation and the Fed printing money. Its just the "official" inflation numbers don't count stocks, bonds, and real estate, which is where most inflation has occurred.



If you consider the national debt and public debt, about 60% of that money is missing. It probably went into the stock market (the inflation that you mentioned). That would be what keeps the economy from growing and why $Trillion deficits are needed to keep the economy a float.
24-02-2021 17:50
keepit
★★★★★
(2073)
Wow. Fed Chairman Powell just said it may take 3 years to reach 2% inflation.
24-02-2021 18:44
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(8625)
keepit wrote:Wow. Fed Chairman Powell just said it may take 3 years to reach 2% inflation.

I just want to make sure you understand English the same way I do. Do you realize that this leaves open the possibility that it might take two months to reach 2% inflation? Do you realize that this implies the possibility that we migh experience 2% inflation next week?

Do you understand English?

.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
24-02-2021 19:28
keepit
★★★★★
(2073)
ibd,
You're very young, aren't you?
24-02-2021 19:50
James___
★★★★★
(4160)
keepit wrote:
ibd,
You're very young, aren't you?



He is. He'd probably make a good Ferengi. What might need to be considered is how afraid of a severe depression are businesses? And when the amount of money in circulation is dependent on government spending, just might not be a good time to be raising prices. Workers really aren't in the position to ask for a raise.
At the same time, IBDM doesn't really seem to follow the Rules of Acquisition.
Bad IBDM, just bad. Then again the Bolshevik Revolution comes to mind. Some call it the People's Revolution of 1917. But I wouldn't know about stuff like that.


@keepit, you probably don't know what led to the over throw of Tzarist Russia.
Anastasia is the result of the Tsars (Czars) of Russia being overthrown by what became communist Russia.
It's possible that IBDM is from that part of the world. He could be Slavic.
And in Russian, "son" is also "sin" which Adam committed with Eve. Right gfm?
Adam committed 3 sons, er, sins.


p.s., Я не знаю говорить или ичать по Русский. Just soemthing anyone can type. Sorry.

Edited on 24-02-2021 20:05
24-02-2021 20:09
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(3195)
keepit wrote:
Wow. Fed Chairman Powell just said it may take 3 years to reach 2% inflation.


There are quite a few things, that can effect the economy, almost overnight. 3 years is a long time to be optimistic. James could announce to the world, that his planet-saving project/experiment, was complete, and an overwhelming success. We now have the ability to control the planet's thermostat at will. No more ice age, no more global warming. Just comes down to arguing and fighting over who decides what temperature our planet will be. If you ever lived with a woman, you know how that goes... Such a breakthrough in science, would alter global economics. Fossil fuels are back on, solar panels, and windmills, an eyesore, cheap gas, since we don't need all the taxes and regulations, to save the planet any more. People have more money to spend, without printing it themselves, prices soar, with the limited supply, being worth just what people are willing to pay.
24-02-2021 20:17
James___
★★★★★
(4160)
HarveyH55 wrote:
keepit wrote:
Wow. Fed Chairman Powell just said it may take 3 years to reach 2% inflation.


There are quite a few things, that can effect the economy, almost overnight. 3 years is a long time to be optimistic. James could announce to the world, that his planet-saving project/experiment, was complete, and an overwhelming success. We now have the ability to control the planet's thermostat at will. No more ice age, no more global warming. Just comes down to arguing and fighting over who decides what temperature our planet will be. If you ever lived with a woman, you know how that goes... Such a breakthrough in science, would alter global economics. Fossil fuels are back on, solar panels, and windmills, an eyesore, cheap gas, since we don't need all the taxes and regulations, to save the planet any more. People have more money to spend, without printing it themselves, prices soar, with the limited supply, being worth just what people are willing to pay.


If you ever lived with a woman, you know how that goes...


Is this what you're on about? Why I don't get along with Christians. Guys just don't like having a family. That's something people like you need to learn to deal with. I've met way too many Christians like you.

As for my experiment, it would show that we need to continue producing CO2.
In here, I am the bad person. GasGuzzler, ITN and gfm do not like me for saying that. Et Tu Harvey55?
And now I feel like Julius Caesar without ever having ruled Rome. Somehow I feel cheated.


p.s., the US Navy, the police and Jews say I am a bad person. Maybe except for Inbar Lavi (she's from Israel). She's hot.

Attached image:


Edited on 24-02-2021 20:20
24-02-2021 20:25
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(3195)
Producing more CO2 makes too much sense, you'll never sell that idea...
24-02-2021 20:50
James___
★★★★★
(4160)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Producing more CO2 makes too much sense, you'll never sell that idea...


How about just making better use of the CO2 that we produce? Scientifically speaking, lowering CO2 levels could be harmful to life on Earth. You know, like yours and mine.
And Harvey, this is if you consider the "Big Picture". Lowering CO2 levels would increase the rate of skin cancer. Just ask any doctor. Our current CO2 levels are preventing that increase.
Ask your neighbors even. More skin cancer or avoiding more skin cancer? Higher levels of CO2 decrease the rate of skin cancer. Kind of what I'm pursuing is about.

p.s., as an environmentalist, I am the problem in this forum. Just had to get that in.
And Harvey, when you asked about controlling the global temperature, this guy is a Danish ice core researcher and I happen to like how he says things. Read it a few times and then read it again, politics is necessary.
https://www.nbi.ku.dk/english/sciencexplorer/earth_and_climate/golden_spike/video/spoergsmaal_svar1/
His is a kind of "Big Picture" response.

p.s.s., if you guys don't get it, it's about managing our resources, etc. and we need CO2 for more than plant growth. At the same time, better carbon capture can help to reduce CO2 levels while helping to save the ozone layer.
And with that, it needs to be economically affordable just like train service in South Florida like I showed to Harvey.
Edited on 24-02-2021 21:01
24-02-2021 22:09
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15054)
keepit wrote:
Harvey,
I didn't watch the whole thing (Powell) but i sure didn't get the impression that he wanted to generate panic. Matter of fact those govt officials usually want to paint a calming presentation.
Why are you so fixated on panic? It's an ongoing theme of yours.


No, it's an ongoing theme of YOURS.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
24-02-2021 22:11
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(8625)
James___ wrote: How about just making better use of the CO2 that we produce?

Are you suggesting we play more paintball? ... produce more Pepsi? ... cultivate more pot farms?

James___ wrote: Scientifically speaking, lowering CO2 levels could be harmful to life on Earth. You know, like yours and mine.

Yep, harmful to life, even the lowlifes.

James___ wrote: Lowering CO2 levels would increase the rate of skin cancer. Just ask any doctor. Our current CO2 levels are preventing that increase.

Chapstick.

James___ wrote:p.s., as an environmentalist, I am the problem in this forum. Just had to get that in.

So you think we have only one problem and that it is you. I have some cold water to splash on your misperception, i.e. you only rate as an "issue."

.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
24-02-2021 22:19
James___
★★★★★
(4160)
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote: How about just making better use of the CO2 that we produce?

Are you suggesting we play more paintball? ... produce more Pepsi? ... cultivate more pot farms?

James___ wrote: Scientifically speaking, lowering CO2 levels could be harmful to life on Earth. You know, like yours and mine.

Yep, harmful to life, even the lowlifes.

James___ wrote: Lowering CO2 levels would increase the rate of skin cancer. Just ask any doctor. Our current CO2 levels are preventing that increase.

Chapstick.

James___ wrote:p.s., as an environmentalist, I am the problem in this forum. Just had to get that in.

So you think we have only one problem and that it is you. I have some cold water to splash on your misperception, i.e. you only rate as an "issue."

.



I don't like Pepsi.

Paintball is cool but it might use "recycled" CO2.
I like Chapstick....on her.
24-02-2021 22:31
Spongy Iris
★★★☆☆
(548)
James___ wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
The prices of bonds, stocks, and real estate have been inflating since ~ 2010 around when the Fed began expanding its balance sheet.

There's a relationship between inflation and the Fed printing money. Its just the "official" inflation numbers don't count stocks, bonds, and real estate, which is where most inflation has occurred.



If you consider the national debt and public debt, about 60% of that money is missing. It probably went into the stock market (the inflation that you mentioned). That would be what keeps the economy from growing and why $Trillion deficits are needed to keep the economy a float.


Or maybe it went into the Derivatives market. I forgot to mention that market.

Bonds, Stocks, and Real Estate pale in comparison to the size of Derivatives market.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/this-is-how-much-money-exists-in-the-entire-world-in-one-chart-2015-12-18


24-02-2021 23:03
James___
★★★★★
(4160)
Spongy Iris wrote:
James___ wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
The prices of bonds, stocks, and real estate have been inflating since ~ 2010 around when the Fed began expanding its balance sheet.

There's a relationship between inflation and the Fed printing money. Its just the "official" inflation numbers don't count stocks, bonds, and real estate, which is where most inflation has occurred.



If you consider the national debt and public debt, about 60% of that money is missing. It probably went into the stock market (the inflation that you mentioned). That would be what keeps the economy from growing and why $Trillion deficits are needed to keep the economy a float.


Or maybe it went into the Derivatives market. I forgot to mention that market.

Bonds, Stocks, and Real Estate pale in comparison to the size of Derivatives market.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/this-is-how-much-money-exists-in-the-entire-world-in-one-chart-2015-12-18



And now you're scaring me. Generating wealth off of current debt or futures trading is just creating more risk. This is like the NFL paying players today when they'll be paid in the future.
An example is 10 years from now an NFL player will want to make the big bucks that playing in the NFL pays. And they'll tell him, we're paying on the player contract from 10 years ago.
The San Francisco 49ers dealt with this after Joe Montana quit winning Super Bowls and was traded. Their team went into decline because of the salary cap hit that paying former players cost the team. That's derivatives in a nutshell.

p.s., if you're wondering, San Francisco with Steve Young, Terrell Owens, etc. was the first well known example of paying players in the future because of deferred contracts. That's what derivatives are, right?
Edited on 24-02-2021 23:05
24-02-2021 23:32
Spongy Iris
★★★☆☆
(548)
James___ wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
James___ wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
The prices of bonds, stocks, and real estate have been inflating since ~ 2010 around when the Fed began expanding its balance sheet.

There's a relationship between inflation and the Fed printing money. Its just the "official" inflation numbers don't count stocks, bonds, and real estate, which is where most inflation has occurred.



If you consider the national debt and public debt, about 60% of that money is missing. It probably went into the stock market (the inflation that you mentioned). That would be what keeps the economy from growing and why $Trillion deficits are needed to keep the economy a float.


Or maybe it went into the Derivatives market. I forgot to mention that market.

Bonds, Stocks, and Real Estate pale in comparison to the size of Derivatives market.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/this-is-how-much-money-exists-in-the-entire-world-in-one-chart-2015-12-18



And now you're scaring me. Generating wealth off of current debt or futures trading is just creating more risk. This is like the NFL paying players today when they'll be paid in the future.
An example is 10 years from now an NFL player will want to make the big bucks that playing in the NFL pays. And they'll tell him, we're paying on the player contract from 10 years ago.
The San Francisco 49ers dealt with this after Joe Montana quit winning Super Bowls and was traded. Their team went into decline because of the salary cap hit that paying former players cost the team. That's derivatives in a nutshell.

p.s., if you're wondering, San Francisco with Steve Young, Terrell Owens, etc. was the first well known example of paying players in the future because of deferred contracts. That's what derivatives are, right?


The Motley Fool description of a futures contract:

https://www.fool.com/knowledge-center/what-is-a-futures-contract.aspx


24-02-2021 23:48
keepit
★★★★★
(2073)
Panic isn't an ongoing theme of mine (as you say).
You make so many false claims that i don't believe anything coming from you.
Stick to technology.
Forget science comments.
25-02-2021 00:02
James___
★★★★★
(4160)
Spongy Iris wrote:
James___ wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
James___ wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
The prices of bonds, stocks, and real estate have been inflating since ~ 2010 around when the Fed began expanding its balance sheet.

There's a relationship between inflation and the Fed printing money. Its just the "official" inflation numbers don't count stocks, bonds, and real estate, which is where most inflation has occurred.



If you consider the national debt and public debt, about 60% of that money is missing. It probably went into the stock market (the inflation that you mentioned). That would be what keeps the economy from growing and why $Trillion deficits are needed to keep the economy a float.


Or maybe it went into the Derivatives market. I forgot to mention that market.

Bonds, Stocks, and Real Estate pale in comparison to the size of Derivatives market.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/this-is-how-much-money-exists-in-the-entire-world-in-one-chart-2015-12-18



And now you're scaring me. Generating wealth off of current debt or futures trading is just creating more risk. This is like the NFL paying players today when they'll be paid in the future.
An example is 10 years from now an NFL player will want to make the big bucks that playing in the NFL pays. And they'll tell him, we're paying on the player contract from 10 years ago.
The San Francisco 49ers dealt with this after Joe Montana quit winning Super Bowls and was traded. Their team went into decline because of the salary cap hit that paying former players cost the team. That's derivatives in a nutshell.

p.s., if you're wondering, San Francisco with Steve Young, Terrell Owens, etc. was the first well known example of paying players in the future because of deferred contracts. That's what derivatives are, right?


The Motley Fool description of a futures contract:

https://www.fool.com/knowledge-center/what-is-a-futures-contract.aspx



Are we in the Cattywampus Zone or is their still time?
[ur]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VJclGEIUIQ[/url]
The Parkour adventure began in France in the 1990s, in Lisses and Evry, in the outskirts of Paris. David Belle originally developed the Parkour concept according to precepts about the art of movement laid down by his father, who was a Parisian firefighter.

This only means that I'm having a bad reaction to needing to take time to better understand something. It's like Instant Grits, so good. Some people like them slow cooked grits. With your link, it will take time.

Edited on 25-02-2021 00:12
25-02-2021 00:16
James___
★★★★★
(4160)
The guy in the movie clips is supposed to be the guy who said people could do that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHSoPTJNfPE
Those French are so stupid. There are stairs and elevators., Duh!
The clip is from the movie District B13. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0414852/

Vive l'Amérique!

I watched the video. Leave it to the movies to show the easy stuff.
Edited on 25-02-2021 01:05
25-02-2021 03:15
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(15054)
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
James___ wrote: How about just making better use of the CO2 that we produce?

Are you suggesting we play more paintball? ... produce more Pepsi? ... cultivate more pot farms?

James___ wrote: Scientifically speaking, lowering CO2 levels could be harmful to life on Earth. You know, like yours and mine.

Yep, harmful to life, even the lowlifes.

James___ wrote: Lowering CO2 levels would increase the rate of skin cancer. Just ask any doctor. Our current CO2 levels are preventing that increase.

Chapstick.

James___ wrote:p.s., as an environmentalist, I am the problem in this forum. Just had to get that in.

So you think we have only one problem and that it is you. I have some cold water to splash on your misperception, i.e. you only rate as an "issue."

.



I don't like Pepsi.

Paintball is cool but it might use "recycled" CO2.
I like Chapstick....on her.

Paintball uses fresh, virgin, extracted CO2 right out of Earth's atmosphere.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
25-02-2021 08:39
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(8625)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:
I don't like Pepsi.

Paintball is cool but it might use "recycled" CO2.
I like Chapstick....on her.

Paintball uses fresh, virgin, extracted CO2 right out of Earth's atmosphere.

The paintball venue near my house just recently installed their CO2 extractor that filters out any CO2 generated by human activity or whose carbon atom was ever a fossil fuel. All the "good" CO2 is then sold to premium members at a discount and all the "bad" CO2 is sent to the local dump because it's clearly not usable anymore.

.
Attached image:





Join the debate Powell:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact