Remember me
▼ Content

Polynya in Antarctica

Polynya in Antarctica23-10-2017 19:34
James_
★★★★★
(2211)
A huge, mysterious hole has been spotted in sea ice near Antarctica, researchers reported this week (Oct. 13, 2017).

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/science/2017/10/13/huge-mysterious-hole-appears-sea-ice-near-antarctica/762344001/
23-10-2017 19:42
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
James_ wrote:A huge, mysterious hole has been spotted in sea ice near Antarctica, researchers reported this week.....
How can that be?!! AGW denier liar whiners have been predicting a return to ice age temperatures.... fer 10+ years. AGW denier liar whiners have latched on to the solar TSI, being languid for many decades, & low for 10+ years (including a record low TSI setting a 100 year record). Has to be global cooling!!!
Jes' ken't be no "huge, mysterious hole in the sea ice! Jes' ken't be. See, AGW denier liar whiners cleared up that mystery, fer shore!
23-10-2017 20:58
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21582)
James_ wrote:
A huge, mysterious hole has been spotted in sea ice near Antarctica, researchers reported this week (Oct. 13, 2017).

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/science/2017/10/13/huge-mysterious-hole-appears-sea-ice-near-antarctica/762344001/

These form from time to time. It's normal. This one isn't even the biggest one found. They tend to be a summer thing.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
24-10-2017 02:54
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting *& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner badnight" bluffed: It's normal.

.... not to old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiners, who are waitin' fer da predicted AGW denier liar whiner ice age, its not!!!
25-10-2017 02:49
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
James_ wrote:

MY GOD!!! WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!

What do you suppose they did before they could find all these things from satellite pictures?
25-10-2017 03:20
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner wake-me-up" woofed: What do you suppose they did before.....satellite pictures?

So you don't want satellite pictures which prove AGW. Since "don'T rump" is savaging all gov't science projects, you need to encourage him.
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner wake-me-up" remains an old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner.
25-10-2017 21:41
(21582)
litesong wrote:
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner wake-me-up" woofed: What do you suppose they did before.....satellite pictures?

So you don't want satellite pictures which prove AGW. Since "don'T rump" is savaging all gov't science projects, you need to encourage him.
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner wake-me-up" remains an old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner.

The presence of a hole in Antarctic ice is not proof of anything except that there's a hole in the Antarctic ice. They are normal occurrences.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
26-10-2017 01:16
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner badnight" bluffed: normal....
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner badnight" considers being an old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner, normal.
26-10-2017 01:25
James_
★★★★★
(2211)
Wake wrote:
James_ wrote:

MY GOD!!! WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!

What do you suppose they did before they could find all these things from satellite pictures?

You are right, we are going to die. Hopefully not today though.

Edited on 26-10-2017 01:25
26-10-2017 01:30
James_
★★★★★
(2211)
Into the Night wrote:
litesong wrote:

The presence of a hole in Antarctic ice is not proof of anything except that there's a hole in the Antarctic ice. They are normal occurrences.

It's also proof that warm water is where it shouldn't be. To keep an area that large ice free in the winter takes a lot of heat. And the missing heat that scientists found might be from a similar source. If you've followed much about global warming that in 2014 scientists said that ships in that Pacific and Indian Oceans and recorded lower temperatures. And since what is being considered the warmest years on record is because of warmer ocean temperatures.
Kind of why I think more research needs to be done.
26-10-2017 02:25
(21582)
James_ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
litesong wrote:

It's also proof that warm water is where it shouldn't be.

No, it is not. Holes open up in ice from time to time.
James_ wrote:
To keep an area that large ice free in the winter takes a lot of heat.

It's not winter in the Antarctic. It's spring, approaching summer.
James_ wrote:
And the missing heat that scientists found might be from a similar source.

There is no such thing as 'missing' heat.
James_ wrote:
If you've followed much about global warming that in 2014 scientists said that ships in that Pacific and Indian Oceans and recorded lower temperatures.

'Scientists' say a lot of silly things. These people are not scientists.
James_ wrote:
And since what is being considered the warmest years on record is because of warmer ocean temperatures.

No one knows the ocean temperatures. It's not possible to measure them. We don't have enough instrumentation.
James_ wrote:
Kind of why I think more research needs to be done.

You might try starting by learning statistical math.

The Parrot Killer

26-10-2017 18:04
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
James_ wrote:
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner badnight" bluffed: ..... hole in Antarctic ice is not proof of anything....
....more research needs to be done.

Its proof, when added to major Antarctic hundreds of foot inverted ice canyons underneath thousand+ foot Ice Shelves, Earth land & ocean temps continuing to rise, 10,000+ cubic kilometers of missing Arctic sea ice, thousands of cubic kilometers of missing Greenland Ice Sheet Mass, cooling of very high altitude atmospherics, & vast majority of glacier ice reductions, all showing global warming AND the increasing actions of increasing man-made GHGs AND their positive melting feedbacks.
All this despite the AGW denier liar whiner belief that the solar TSI is bringing on an ice age. The solar TSI has been languid for many decades, & low for 10+ years (including a 3+ year low setting a 100 year record). But Earth temperatures are popping upward.
Thanks to AGW denier liar whiners for their "denial syndrome", & directly pointing out the already great effects of AGW.
Edited on 26-10-2017 18:32
26-10-2017 18:17
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner badnight" bluffed:...It's not winter in the Antarctic. It's spring, approaching summer.

It's only 1+ month out of Antarctic winter. The causes of the hole in the Arctic sea ice were in effect during winter. It is good that the AGW denial, liar whining of "badnight" is so obvious, that it is easy to point out its AGW denier liar whining.
26-10-2017 18:37
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
[b]litesong wrote: Its proof, when added to major Antarctic hundreds of foot inverted ice canyons underneath thousand+ foot Ice Shelves, Earth land & ocean temps continuing to rise, 10,000+ cubic kilometers of missing Arctic sea ice, thousands of cubic kilometers of missing Greenland Ice Sheet Mass, cooling of very high altitude atmospherics, & vast majority of glacier ice reductions, all showing global warming AND the increasing actions of increasing man-made GHGs AND their positive melting feedbacks.
All this despite the AGW denier liar whiner belief that the solar TSI is bringing on an ice age. The solar TSI has been languid for many decades, & low for 10+ years (including a 3+ year low setting a 100 year record). But Earth temperatures are popping upward.

Ah! Let's not ferget da Present High Arctic Berserkers:
Since High Arctic temperatures have been over warm for ~ 55 days (High Arctic Berserker(2) ), we appear to have an above average chance (maybe, a well above average chance) that the Present High Arctic Berserker(2), PHAB
(2), or FAB
(2) will continue till at least its 100th day.
As Present High Arctic Berserker(2), PHAB
(2), or FAB
(2) approaches its 60th day, present average temperature over the nearly 4million square kilometers is ~8 degC above normal.
Present High Arctic Berserker(2), PHAB
(2), or FAB
(2) has passed its 60th day of existence. Back in the late 1950's & early 1960's, this would have been a record breaking event!! Back then, long term High Arctic over-temperatures were 30-40 days. It would be hard to find any over-temperature period was 50 days. However, as AGW effects have increased, High Arctic over-temperature periods have been extending. I thought it remarkable when one period went to 100 days. Then others appeared, 120 to 140 days in length. Then last year the wild Present High Arctic Berserker(1), PHAB
(1) or FAB
(1) sizzled the Arctic for 230+ days.
Yes, its stunning that the Present High Arctic Berserker(2), PHAB
(2) or FAB
(2), which presently busts records of the mid-20th century..... hasn't reached one third of the way to last year's record.
/////////
Oh, yeah! Let's NOT ferget da 6 trillion ton ice berg that recently undocked from the Antarctic Larsen C Ice Shelf & all the dozens of monstrous Ice Bergs that already transported away from Antarctica in the last 30 years.
Edited on 26-10-2017 18:47
28-10-2017 18:47
James_
★★★★★
(2211)
litesong wrote:
[b]litesong wrote: Its proof, when added to major Antarctic hundreds of foot inverted ice canyons underneath thousand+ foot Ice Shelves, Earth land & ocean temps continuing to rise, 10,000+ cubic kilometers of missing Arctic sea ice, thousands of cubic kilometers of missing Greenland Ice Sheet Mass, cooling of very high altitude atmospherics, & vast majority of glacier ice reductions, all showing global warming AND the increasing actions of increasing man-made GHGs AND their positive melting feedbacks.

Since High Arctic temperatures have been over warm for ~ 55 days (High Arctic Berserker(2) ), we appear to have an above average chance (maybe, a well above average chance) that the Present High Arctic Berserker(2), PHAB
(2), or FAB
(2), or FAB
(2) approaches its 60th day, present average temperature over the nearly 4million square kilometers is ~8 degC above normal.
(2), or FAB
(2) has passed its 60th day of existence. Back in the late 1950's & early 1960's, this would have been a record breaking event!! Back then, long term High Arctic over-temperatures were 30-40 days. It would be hard to find any over-temperature period was 50 days. However, as AGW effects have increased, High Arctic over-temperature periods have been extending. I thought it remarkable when one period went to 100 days. Then others appeared, 120 to 140 days in length. Then last year the wild Present High Arctic Berserker(1), PHAB
(1) or FAB
(2) or FAB
(2), which presently busts records of the mid-20th century..... hasn't reached one third of the way to last year's record.
/////////
Oh, yeah! Let's NOT ferget da 6 trillion ton ice berg that recently undocked from the Antarctic Larsen C Ice Shelf & all the dozens of monstrous Ice Bergs that already transported away from Antarctica in the last 30 years.

Mind if I'm sarcastic ?
Jumpin' Jiminy give it a rest will ya ! They were saying in the 1970's that ozone depletion (AGW) was causing problems.
https://www.nasa.gov/content/goddard/antarctic-sea-ice-reaches-new-record-maximum
https://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/bhartia-qa.html

One thing in my letter to the editor is that I mentioned that if my experiment is successful then we could consider better ways to reduce co2 emissions while considering how we could seed the tropopause to allow for controlled atmospheric forcing. This is where science is supposed to be fun. Make a discovery and improve how things are done.
28-10-2017 19:18
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
James_ wrote:
litesong wrote:

(2), or FAB
(2), or FAB
(2), or FAB
(1) or FAB
(2) or FAB
/////////

....give it a rest will ya ! They were saying in the 1970's that ozone depletion (AGW) was causing problems.

My High Arctic data information is High Arctic data. I don' talk ozone. If ya interpret my data, as sumpun da do with ozone, that's yer problum. Sorra dat ma data is so overwhelmin' ta ya, James.
////////
Meanwhile James. Here's mor' data from another thread 'bout FAB
(2) & FAB
(1).
In November 2016 Present High Arctic Berserker (1), PHAB
(1), or FA
(1), averaged over almost 4 million square millions, plunged ~ 16degC within a 20 day period. When it finally pulled out of its dive, temperatures were still well over-temperature, because the fall started from a record 20(+?) degC over-temperature. FAB
(1) continued for a wondrous 230+ days!
If FAB
(2) plunges 16 degC within a 20 day period, FAB
(2) would come to an end (& sooner than 20 days), because FAB
(2) is falling from an over-temperature of "only" 8degC over-temperature. At this time FAB
(2) is only 3degC. over-temperature.
Again, thank you to James fer its non-interest in FAB
(1) & FAB
(2).
Edited on 28-10-2017 19:30

Join the debate Polynya in Antarctica:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Antarctica's Effect on Sea Level Rise in Coming Centuries2613-05-2019 07:51
Antarctica ( Amundsen Sea )222-06-2018 19:30
Snowfall Increases, Antarctica712-01-2018 22:56
Won't mankind eventually run out of fresh water if Antarctica keeps hogging fresh water?504-01-2016 08:28
What are they going to do about the growing Antarctica ice?102-01-2016 02:42
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact