29-02-2020 19:05
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
keepit wrote:
Mandatory HOME quarantines.

What for?

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
29-02-2020 19:10
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
Good question.
The novel corona virus that is becoming a pandemic.
29-02-2020 19:16
(21559)
keepit wrote:
Good question.

It isn't becoming a pandemic. Nowhere near one.

There are currently around 80,000 cases known in the world in a population of 7.7 billion.

Thats about 0.00135%.

Symptoms are similar to a cold (except in some cases where an individual is already weakened from age or something else, where pneumonia can set in).

About like any other cold or flu.

Now if you want to panic along with CNN, fine. I don't worry about this virus.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 29-02-2020 19:19
29-02-2020 19:26
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14375)
keepit wrote: Good question. The novel corona virus that is becoming a pandemic.

I see the media pushing panic, conveniently to hide/obscure the current disater of the Democrats' gyrations of embarrassment and agony. Let's see, there was a recent case of someone getting the flu symptoms in California ... and there's panic in China (or so we are told) ...

... but even with nobody doing ANYTHING, I see no signs of anything strange going on within hundreds of miles. Business as usual. I don't even see why this is a thing.

Yesterday I was with a rather large group of people and I sneezed. I said "Excuse me, it's just the corona virus" and everybody chuckled, knowing immediately that I was joking. Nobody is concerned.

I've heard figures cited as to the "number of deaths" thus far ... always immediately followed with reasons we shouldn't trust those numbers, almost as though it is obvious that this is an urban legend in the making, or rather just a wave of politically generated panic.

Oh, ... to your poll, ... the answer is no.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
29-02-2020 23:22
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5195)
keepit wrote:
Mandatory HOME quarantines.

Wouldn't be much of a quarantine for you, since you spend less, by never leaving home. How's your mom and dad doing?
29-02-2020 23:36
(5195)
IBdaMann wrote:
keepit wrote: Good question. The novel corona virus that is becoming a pandemic.

I see the media pushing panic, conveniently to hide/obscure the current disater of the Democrats' gyrations of embarrassment and agony. Let's see, there was a recent case of someone getting the flu symptoms in California ... and there's panic in China (or so we are told) ...

... but even with nobody doing ANYTHING, I see no signs of anything strange going on within hundreds of miles. Business as usual. I don't even see why this is a thing.

Yesterday I was with a rather large group of people and I sneezed. I said "Excuse me, it's just the corona virus" and everybody chuckled, knowing immediately that I was joking. Nobody is concerned.

I've heard figures cited as to the "number of deaths" thus far ... always immediately followed with reasons we shouldn't trust those numbers, almost as though it is obvious that this is an urban legend in the making, or rather just a wave of politically generated panic.

Oh, ... to your poll, ... the answer is no.

The common cold, is a coronavirus, same family as the one in the news. It really is no different, 80% only experience mild symptoms; fever, cough, fatigue. The same people dying, are also the same group that die from the flu and pneumonia, if not treated in a timely fashion. Many of who, don't dial 911, until their are near dead, so need a miracle. For all we know, it's just normal cold and flu season, just presented a little differently in the media. Sort of like Russian Investigation, Impeachment, Climate Change.

I doubt this one, will turn out any worse than any of the other seasonal viruses. Mostly, it seems to be all panic, hype, and propaganda.

Sure, the government is lying to us some, but understandable. Panic cause it's own problems, and complicates problems. There is still many things, that take time to learn about the virus, and we are just getting started. We want people to be aware, and cautious, but we don't want a panic either.
01-03-2020 02:50
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1029)
I think it is not possible to stop such viruses from spreading using quarantine. Eventually you have to leave the house to get food and all the effort goes down the drain. I think there is nothing that humans could do to stop such virus as coronavirus. Those mass quarantines make things worse because society could completely collapse and people could instead of virus starve to death. I also belive that masks and hand washing are heavily overrated . For example I have not heard about corona cases from India where people drink directly from river Ganges.
Edited on 01-03-2020 02:51
01-03-2020 22:13
mistytimes40
★☆☆☆☆
(76)
Simple: No, that's stupid. Won't work like that here in the States. While encouraging people to stop huddling up like morons, if you want panic, start doing something like that. China has been under the rule of their Dear Leaders, WE have rights.
02-03-2020 18:48
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
keepit wrote:
Good question.

Bad idea.

It seems to have similar symptoms of the flu, which goes around each and every year, and tens of thousands of people in the USA die annually from the flu. People hardly worry about the flu beyond urging people to "get your flu shot!"

Likewise, what I say to the corona virus fear mongering is... "get your corona shot"...

No, seriously, have a shot of Corona! Be merry. Life is too short for living in fear.
Edited on 02-03-2020 18:55
02-03-2020 21:36
(5195)
Coronavirus, is just like any other airborne, respiratory infection. It's exactly like the cold or flu, we've lived with for centuries. The only difference, is that it's a new strain, and makes profitable headlines, political leverage, and of course a fantastic operatunity to make money. People scared and panicked, don't even need to get robbed, they willing hand over their riches, if they think it will save their lives.

Even China doesn't know how long this thing has be circulating, until some thought to look, and notice a new bug on the slide. When someone has a cold, or the flu, it's not really necessary to know precisely which stain. The treatment for the most severe cases, isn't 100% recovery, more of a coin toss, at best. During cold and flu season, hospital are over whelmed with sick people, most which should have stayed home. Doubt they check real close.
02-03-2020 21:45
(21559)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Coronavirus, is just like any other airborne, respiratory infection. It's exactly like the cold or flu, we've lived with for centuries. The only difference, is that it's a new strain, and makes profitable headlines, political leverage, and of course a fantastic operatunity to make money. People scared and panicked, don't even need to get robbed, they willing hand over their riches, if they think it will save their lives.

Even China doesn't know how long this thing has be circulating, until some thought to look, and notice a new bug on the slide. When someone has a cold, or the flu, it's not really necessary to know precisely which stain. The treatment for the most severe cases, isn't 100% recovery, more of a coin toss, at best. During cold and flu season, hospital are over whelmed with sick people, most which should have stayed home. Doubt they check real close.

It isn't even a new strain. This virus has been known and catalogued for several decades now.

The Parrot Killer

02-03-2020 23:23
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

It isn't even a new strain. This virus has been known and catalogued for several decades now.

COVID-19?

HAHA

Dr ITN.

For my personal amusement where do you get your information from?

IBdaMann wrote:
"Air" is not a body in and of itself. Ergo it is not a blackbody.

Planck's law describes the spectral density of electromagnetic radiation emitted by a black body in thermal equilibrium at a given temperature T.
Edited on 02-03-2020 23:28
02-03-2020 23:38
(21559)
spot wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

COVID-19?

HAHA

Dr ITN.

For my personal amusement where do you get your information from?

The World Health Organization. Why do you ask?

The Parrot Killer

03-03-2020 01:02
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
Because its obviously wrong. It's a new strain first detected in December 2019.
03-03-2020 02:00
(5195)
spot wrote:

He's just playing word games. Coronavirus, is a family of dozens of strains, with similar characteristics. The common cold, is a group of corona viruses. Most of the family, infect animals though.
03-03-2020 02:10
(14375)
spot wrote: Because its obviously wrong. It's a new strain first detected in December 2019.

Spot is back! Yessss!

Spot, I missed you. So few people take as much pride in being politically tooled and socially manipulated as you. The way you beam with pride while obediently regurgitating misinformation must illuminate the neighborhood.

Spot, who's your fave among the Democrat candidates? I realize you won't be voting for any of them but which one appeals to you most? Whose spokespeople will you be emulating?

It's great to have you back. Please stay longer this time.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
03-03-2020 02:50
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
The good news is that this strain attacks mainly the elderly, and I can't imagine that you guys with your verbose incoherent ramblings are young.
03-03-2020 02:56
(21559)
spot wrote:

Nope. It's been in bats long before that!

The Parrot Killer

03-03-2020 02:58
(21559)
spot wrote:
The good news is that this strain attacks mainly the elderly, and I can't imagine that you guys with your verbose incoherent ramblings are young.

No, it attacks anyone. Those already weak and sick can die from it, just like any flu.

The Parrot Killer

03-03-2020 03:03
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
Into the Night wrote:
spot wrote:

You seem well informed, I thought the source is unknown, bats are one speculated source but there is no proof and you are dishonesty presenting it as fact.

IBdaMann wrote:

Planck's law describes the spectral density of electromagnetic radiation emitted by a black body in thermal equilibrium at a given temperature T.
03-03-2020 03:05
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
Into the Night wrote:
spot wrote:

No, it attacks anyone. Those already weak and sick can die from it, just like any flu.

It's not seasonal flu. If people listened to you it would be dangerous.

IBdaMann wrote:

03-03-2020 03:20
(21559)
spot wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
spot wrote:

It's a seasonal flu. Considering that only 0.000135% of the world population has it, what you consider 'dangerous' is obviously quite radical.

Look both ways before crossing the street!

The Parrot Killer

03-03-2020 03:21
(21559)
spot wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
spot wrote:

You seem well informed, I thought the source is unknown, bats are one speculated source but there is no proof and you are dishonesty presenting it as fact.

There is proof. Bats carry this virus.

The Parrot Killer

03-03-2020 09:30
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
Are you sure it's not pangolins because that was quoted as a source? You seem so much better informed then anyone, how do you know for sure when people who's job it is to know these things don't? How do you keep on top of a wide range of subjects?

IBdaMann wrote:

03-03-2020 10:05
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
Into the Night wrote:
spot wrote:

So is this fake news ITN?
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-00548-w
You have stated as fact what is doubted:
"a slew of genetic analyses has yet to find conclusive proof."
"Bats could have passed the virus to humans, but there are key differences between the RBD sites in the two viruses. This suggests that this specific bat coronavirus did not directly infect people, ..."

That was 6 days ago but you somehow KNOW what they don't! Is this your own field work?

So how is that?
03-03-2020 10:33
(5195)
spot wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
spot wrote:

Alarmist and panic, are more dangerous than COVID-19. Seems that 80% of the confirmed cases, require no medical attention. 15% have rough time, but recover, with medical treatment. 5% die. These are just confirm, reported cases. The basic symptoms are the same as a cold, and vary in severity, and duration. It's suspected, that COVID-19, has been traveling freely for about 6 weeks, before flights were halted, cities locked down. It's likely to have been spreading, with the vast majority of people not thinking that they had anything more to worry about, than a common cold. Until the news broke, the headlines started a panic.
03-03-2020 10:42
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
HarveyH55 wrote:
spot wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
spot wrote:

Alarmist and panic, are more dangerous than COVID-19. Seems that 80% of the confirmed cases, require no medical attention. 15% have rough time, but recover, with medical treatment. 5% die. These are just confirm, reported cases. The basic symptoms are the same as a cold, and vary in severity, and duration. It's suspected, that COVID-19, has been traveling freely for about 6 weeks, before flights were halted, cities locked down. It's likely to have been spreading, with the vast majority of people not thinking that they had anything more to worry about, than a common cold. Until the news broke, the headlines started a panic.

I work for the NHS and we are not panicking, we aren't complacent either.

IBdaMann wrote:

03-03-2020 10:47
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
HarveyH55 wrote:
5% die. .

PBS article: "the mortality rate from COVID-19 is 2.3 percent,"

"Harvard epidemiologist Marc Lipsitch estimates that between 40 percent and 70 percent of people around the world will be infected "

7.7 billion * 0.4 * 0.023 = 70 million dead

03-03-2020 16:03
(14375)
spot wrote: You seem so much better informed then anyone, how do you know for sure when people who's job it is to know these things don't?

If you are suggesting they get off their arses and start doing their job, I wouldn't disagree.

spot wrote: I work for the NHS ...

Might that explain why neither you nor your workmates are informed? Shouldn't you wake everybody up and get them to do their jobs?

spot wrote: How do you keep on top of a wide range of subjects?

Hey, maybe the NHS should hire Into the Night! Kill two viruses with one stone.

(although he might have some difficulty with the funny accents and strange vocabulary over there on that side of the pond)

03-03-2020 18:39
(5195)
tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
5% die. .

"Harvard epidemiologist Marc Lipsitch estimates that between 40 percent and 70 percent of people around the world will be infected "

Do understand that the actual infection rate is unknown, since the mild cases, are no different from the season cold an flu. They haven't really found the most effective treat yet. Many of the early deaths, were those be treated, as if the had the flu. All the deaths, were of people with pre-existing medical issues, who would have also, faced the same issues with a cold or flu, just a better chance of recovering, if treatment was started early enough.

In the US, we already take precautions during cold and flu season. The old, very young, and those with serious medical issues, are protected (more or less), from unnecessary exposure. There are sloppy people, mostly democrats, !0s of thousands of people dies in America from influenza every year, seldom hear much about those cases in the news. The actual death rate will be much lower, likely consistent with the usual flu, basically the same people at risk.
03-03-2020 21:17
(21559)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
spot wrote:

So is this fake news ITN?
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-00548-w
You have stated as fact what is doubted:
"a slew of genetic analyses has yet to find conclusive proof."
"Bats could have passed the virus to humans, but there are key differences between the RBD sites in the two viruses. This suggests that this specific bat coronavirus did not directly infect people, ..."

That was 6 days ago but you somehow KNOW what they don't! Is this your own field work?

So how is that?

No one knows how it transferred from bats to people, dumbass. False dichotomy fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 03-03-2020 21:18
03-03-2020 21:19
(21559)
spot wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
spot wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
spot wrote:

I don't believe you.

The Parrot Killer

03-03-2020 21:20
(21559)
tmiddles wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
5% die. .

Guessing. Mantra 25g...25e

The Parrot Killer

03-03-2020 21:49
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
And you aren't guessing ITN??? Come on. Stick to what you know.
Edited on 03-03-2020 21:50
03-03-2020 23:20
(21559)
keepit wrote:...deleted Mantras 17...5...

No argument presented.

The Parrot Killer

03-03-2020 23:31
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
Into the Night wrote:
spot wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
spot wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
spot wrote:

I don't believe you.

OK I'm telling porkies about working for the largest employer in the UK.

IBdaMann wrote:

04-03-2020 07:22
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
Just a wild guess but within a month i bet a pandemic is declared.

Also, when things are changing like they are opinions change too and attitudes change. I think we have to expect surprises, maybe to the upside but maybe not.
04-03-2020 21:21
(5195)
Apparently, China has already seen the worst of their epidemic, and getting fewer new cases. It's still looks no worse than a cold or flu, for the vast majority of people infected. It's cold and flu season, and COVID-19, is an airborne respiratory infection, like cold and flu. Most people know how to reduce their risk of infection these days. Mostly, we are going to see a lot of media hype, as more people are tested. It's not really that it's suddenly spreading like a California wildfire, just that we are able to see who's been infected, most of whom, will be fine in 5-7 days, like the cold or flu. The only difference, is there is no vaccine to protect the high-risk folks, like with the flu. And, they are still working on a more effective treatment. Even with a hundred years or more, of treating severe flu, tens of thousand people die every year. Over all, I doubt we are going to see massive body counts.
04-03-2020 21:58
(21559)
keepit wrote:
Just a wild guess but within a month i bet a pandemic is declared.

A pandemic has already been declared by the news media and some idiots in government. Their idea of 'pandemic' has really gotten quite ridiculous.
https://www.fossology.org/get-started/basic-workflow/
Also, when things are changing like they are opinions change too and attitudes change. I think we have to expect surprises, maybe to the upside but maybe not.
[/quote]
No matter how you try to couch it, the numbers speak for themselves. 99.9964% of the world population is not infected with the virus (assuming published numbers).

The Parrot Killer

Page 1 of 3123>

Join the debate Poll:Good idea or bad idea?:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
I have an idea to correct Global Warming.1925-02-2024 21:48
Why humans are so bad at thinking about climate change?2119-02-2024 00:26
Why exactly is strip mining for coal bad, yet strip mining for Lithium is good923-12-2023 00:11
Tom Brady lost $30 million after FTX crypto collapse. Too bad307-09-2023 15:54
All Sides, Beings, Entities No Matter "Evil" Or "Good" Are Receiving Their Final Chan014-07-2023 07:52
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact