06-10-2020 07:39
Spongy IrisProfile picture★★★★☆
(1643)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
ITN,

Who said CO2 is heating up the entire solar system???

No one.
Spongy Iris wrote:
That is basically what you are arguing by citing the 1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics incessantly.

You are hallucinating. Put down the bong.
Spongy Iris wrote:
It should be pretty obvious who is the one making irrelevant comments.

You.
Spongy Iris wrote:
I'm just saying evidence is substantial ice levels in the Arctic have decreased significantly in the past few decades. Why do you think that is?

They aren't.
Spongy Iris wrote:
You know they never had solid proof connecting Ted Bundy to any murders. But the evidence was substantial enough to light his ass up.

Irrelevant.
Spongy Iris wrote:
Earth is not entirely a closed system.

Yes it is.
Spongy Iris wrote:
People are born everyday.

So?
Spongy Iris wrote:
You might want to consider it like a bicycle tire with air getting pumped into it.

So people are all aliens? I thought you said they were born here. Which is it, dude?
Spongy Iris wrote:
One more thing, please tell me how gloves can warm my hands without violating the 1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics.

Already did. RQAA.

You're arguing that you can't add energy to a closed system.

Do you need me to spell out that people being born adds pressure to system when there was once none???

So, people dying relieves the pressure of the births. Does that include the 1500 abortion performed in America every day?

I tend to look at things from an electronic stand point, something I've work in a long time. When you have a weak signal, you need to amplify it. That can only be done, by adding energy. You get nothing for free, there is a certain cost to everything, a trade off.

Population growth tends to be exponential.

I'm not sure what the max capacity of people the planet can handle. 21 billion???

Probably depends a lot where they live.

In the US more than half the country lives in the east. That's probably by necessity. It would probably be ruinous if the West and East populations migrated to reverse those numbers.

Also, half the people in the world live 125 miles from the coast. Also probably a necessity. All those people moving to the rural inland I think would be ruinous.
06-10-2020 18:03
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
Spongy Iris wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
ITN,

No one.
Spongy Iris wrote:
That is basically what you are arguing by citing the 1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics incessantly.

Spongy Iris wrote:

You.
Spongy Iris wrote:
I'm just saying evidence is substantial ice levels in the Arctic have decreased significantly in the past few decades. Why do you think that is?

They aren't.
Spongy Iris wrote:
You know they never had solid proof connecting Ted Bundy to any murders. But the evidence was substantial enough to light his ass up.

Irrelevant.
Spongy Iris wrote:

Yes it is.
Spongy Iris wrote:

So?
Spongy Iris wrote:
You might want to consider it like a bicycle tire with air getting pumped into it.

So people are all aliens? I thought you said they were born here. Which is it, dude?
Spongy Iris wrote:
One more thing, please tell me how gloves can warm my hands without violating the 1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics.

Already did. RQAA.

Do you need me to spell out that people being born adds pressure to system when there was once none???

So, people dying relieves the pressure of the births. Does that include the 1500 abortion performed in America every day?

I tend to look at things from an electronic stand point, something I've work in a long time. When you have a weak signal, you need to amplify it. That can only be done, by adding energy. You get nothing for free, there is a certain cost to everything, a trade off.

I'm not sure what the max capacity of people the planet can handle. 21 billion???

In the US more than half the country lives in the east. That's probably by necessity. It would probably be ruinous if the West and East populations migrated to reverse those numbers.

Also, half the people in the world live 125 miles from the coast. Also probably a necessity. All those people moving to the rural inland I think would be ruinous.

Population is self-correcting, just like most everything else on this planet. With a higher population, more people die during pandemics, a lot quicker too. Every critter on earth fights to survive. As food, resources, territory become scares, people will slaughter those who wish to take, what is not theirs, or kill others to do the taking. People live near the coast, because of the sandy beaches, fishing, surfing chicks... Partly, because it gives them a sense of security, having the water at their back. Though that hasn't applied in a long time, but it's where most civilizations made their start, plenty of job opportunities. Inland cities are generally limited the local industries. Many have expanded into other businesses, but still a more limited job market.
06-10-2020 20:33
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21596)
Spongy Iris wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
ITN,

No one.
Spongy Iris wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:

You.
Spongy Iris wrote:

They aren't.
Spongy Iris wrote:

Irrelevant.
Spongy Iris wrote:

Yes it is.
Spongy Iris wrote:

So?
Spongy Iris wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:

Already did. RQAA.

So you have a problem with world population. Okay. You die first.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
07-10-2020 01:00
(1643)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
ITN,

No one.
Spongy Iris wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:

You.
Spongy Iris wrote:

They aren't.
Spongy Iris wrote:

Irrelevant.
Spongy Iris wrote:

Yes it is.
Spongy Iris wrote:

So?
Spongy Iris wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:

Already did. RQAA.

Population is self-correcting, just like most everything else on this planet. With a higher population, more people die during pandemics, a lot quicker too. Every critter on earth fights to survive. As food, resources, territory become scares, people will slaughter those who wish to take, what is not theirs, or kill others to do the taking. People live near the coast, because of the sandy beaches, fishing, surfing chicks... Partly, because it gives them a sense of security, having the water at their back. Though that hasn't applied in a long time, but it's where most civilizations made their start, plenty of job opportunities. Inland cities are generally limited the local industries. Many have expanded into other businesses, but still a more limited job market.

Oceans absorb CO2, so it's ideal for most people to live near the coast. The Pacific Ocean off the North American West Coast is not likely to absorb as much CO2 emissions as the Atlantic ocean off the North American East coast because the winds usually prevail eastward.

07-10-2020 01:03
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14404)
duncan61 wrote: The rift vally was created by glacier and there are Arctic type sea life fossils in Kenya.

Yes. The point that needs corroboration is whether Kenya and everywhere else was all under ice at the same time. You are claiming they were. I claim otherwise. I claim that different spots on the earth each get their "turn" being the Greenland ice sheet as it were while their close neighbors are plush Icelands. I claim that they were never all under ice at the same time.

Since we don't have time machines, neither your speculation nor mine can be verified. It's just that my speculation doesn't make for profitable animated movies.

duncan61 wrote:So different enviroments greatly affect the temperature.

In which case are you claiming that temperature increased without any addition of energy?

duncan61 wrote:I have done hearth brazing where the work is pinned then placed in a bed of coke and heated with bellows then the lugs are bronzed welded on

Let me guess ... temperature only increases when additional energy is applied, yes?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
07-10-2020 01:07
(1643)
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
ITN,

No one.
Spongy Iris wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:

You.
Spongy Iris wrote:

They aren't.
Spongy Iris wrote:

Irrelevant.
Spongy Iris wrote:

Yes it is.
Spongy Iris wrote:

So?
Spongy Iris wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:

Already did. RQAA.

So you have a problem with world population. Okay. You die first.

Looks like it's everyone's problem. You really shouldn't try to kill people just for pointing out a problem to you.

07-10-2020 01:21
(14404)
Spongy Iris wrote:Oceans absorb CO2,

Oceans very quickly release all the CO2 they absorb.

The technical scientific term for this used by engineers and industry professionals is "evaporation" ... which might be Latin, I don't know.

Spongy Iris wrote:The Pacific Ocean off the North American West Coast is not likely to absorb as much CO2 emissions as the Atlantic ocean off the North American East coast because the winds usually prevail eastward.

Wind direction cannot prevent precipitation and runoff from falling/flowing into the ocean. How do you believe CO2 gets into the ocean anyway?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
07-10-2020 01:33
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Yes. The point that needs corroboration is whether Kenya and everywhere else was all under ice at the same time. You are claiming they were. I claim otherwise. I claim that different spots on the earth each get their "turn" being the Greenland ice sheet as it were while their close neighbors are plush Icelands. I claim that they were never all under ice at the same time.

Since we don't have time machines, neither your speculation nor mine can be verified. It's just that my speculation doesn't make for profitable animated movies.

Totally agree.Everything is spinning and moving
07-10-2020 03:01
(5197)
duncan61 wrote:

Totally agree.Everything is spinning and moving

The problem people have, is we specialize, and tend to ignore everything else, that has no relationship to our fields of interest. Most people will spend their entire life, trying to comprehend every aspect of their chosen fields, but always find there are new discoveries, questions never answered, and a lot of speculations on the what and how. It's very large, dynamic world, which is also influence by things outside our atmosphere. None of us live long enough to see it all, or learn everything there is to know about this planet.
07-10-2020 04:18
(21596)
Spongy Iris wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
ITN,

No one.
Spongy Iris wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:

You.
Spongy Iris wrote:

They aren't.
Spongy Iris wrote:

Irrelevant.
Spongy Iris wrote:

Yes it is.
Spongy Iris wrote:

So?
Spongy Iris wrote:

Spongy Iris wrote:

Already did. RQAA.

Oceans absorb CO2, so it's ideal for most people to live near the coast.
They also vent CO2.
Spongy Iris wrote:
The Pacific Ocean off the North American West Coast is not likely to absorb as much CO2 emissions as the Atlantic ocean off the North American East coast because the winds usually prevail eastward.

Wind is not a factor. Irrelevance fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
RE: conclusions!!!18-10-2020 15:14
abdullah
☆☆☆☆☆
(2)
You are right. If this continues the world will come to an end. Our generations would be finished. But there are many solution to this cause. Here is the detailed description on this issue
https://globalwarmingat.blogspot.com/2020/10/globalwarming-planet-isheating-up-fast.html
Attached image:

18-10-2020 21:50
(5197)
abdullah wrote:
You are right. If this continues the world will come to an end. Our generations would be finished. But there are many solution to this cause. Here is the detailed description on this issue
https://globalwarmingat.blogspot.com/2020/10/globalwarming-planet-isheating-up-fast.html

Oh NO! Scorched Earth, we are all going to die! Wait, we already know the everybody dies, eventually. Nobody has successfully lived for ever, or found a cure for death, or aging. What good would living forever be, if you couldn't feed yourself, or do much of anything. Might as well just hide in the basement, from a cold virus...

Humans a 'crafty' species, already for a warmer climate, not a lot of body hair... We also are really good with tools, and building neat stuff, that allow us to survive comfortably, in hostile environments. Most everything on the planet does pretty good in a warmer climate. We might have to change with the climate, but we are likely to adapt, like most everything else. Lizard meat taste just like chicken... Or, so I'm told
19-10-2020 01:49
(21596)
abdullah wrote:

Define 'global warming'. Define 'climate change'.

The Parrot Killer

19-10-2020 15:50
muhammadsaad
☆☆☆☆☆
(1)
The melting of the polar caps will result in the form of the rise of sea level and this would absolutely result in the form of disappearing of the island countries like Maldives, Australia, New Zealand etc. It means that our population will be slowly and gradually finished. For more detail click here https://201256saad.blogspot.com/2020/10/global-warming-causes-and-effects.html
19-10-2020 21:12
(5197)
muhammadsaad wrote:
The melting of the polar caps will result in the form of the rise of sea level and this would absolutely result in the form of disappearing of the island countries like Maldives, Australia, New Zealand etc. It means that our population will be slowly and gradually finished. For more detail click here https://201256saad.blogspot.com/2020/10/global-warming-causes-and-effects.html

Hasn't happened yet, not even close. The great prophet Al Gore, predicted all gone, along with the polar bears and penguins. Not sure why he was picking on the poor critters, neither eat ice...

It's the magic ozone holes at the poles, that keep it cold, and preserves the frozen wastelands.
19-10-2020 23:39
(21596)
muhammadsaad wrote:
The melting of the polar caps will result in the form of the rise of sea level

Arctic ice is floating. Melting ice that is floating does not change the level of the liquid it is floating in. The Arctic ice is not melting.
muhammadsaad wrote:
and this would absolutely result in the form of disappearing of the island countries like Maldives, Australia, New Zealand etc.

They are all still there. Their coastlines haven't changed significantly.
muhammadsaad wrote:
It means that our population will be slowly and gradually finished.
...deleted scripture from the Church of Global Warming...

Doom and Gloom predictions from scripture are not a proof they will come about.

The Parrot Killer

12-11-2020 14:30
BrendaM
☆☆☆☆☆
(2)
HarveyH55 wrote:
muhammadsaad wrote:

Hasn't happened yet, not even close. The great prophet Al Gore, predicted all gone, along with the polar bears and penguins. Not sure why he was picking on the poor critters, neither eat ice...

It's the magic ozone holes at the poles, that keep it cold, and preserves the frozen wastelands.

It is not that far away either. Have you noticed the string of crazy weather all over the world lately? I often look at the weather of other places on climacell, and most places of the world are battered by storms that they have'nt faced in a long time, be it America, India, Philippines, or any other place. It is just the beginning of a string of events that might change the face of the earth as we know it.
12-11-2020 15:36
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
BrendaM wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
muhammadsaad wrote:

It is not that far away either. Have you noticed the string of crazy weather all over the world lately? I often look at the weather of other places on climacell, and most places of the world are battered by storms that they have'nt faced in a long time, be it America, India, Philippines, or any other place. It is just the beginning of a string of events that might change the face of the earth as we know it.

What these guys don't understand is that if the total energy in storms increase regardless of the number of storms, then that shows that the seas are giving up more heat type energy.
12-11-2020 18:42
(5197)
BrendaM wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
muhammadsaad wrote:

The change in the weather pattern around Florida hasn't been all that bad, the past 15 years. We haven't been getting much of a winter freeze. The usual afternoon thunderstorms, seldom spawn tornadoes, which was pretty much a weekly thing 20 years ago. The hurricanes aren't as strong, regardless of the numbers. The changed their measuring methods, and rely more on planes sent into the storms, until they make landfall. surprisingly, they always drop down about two categories. Most are reduced to tropical storms, within an hour of landfall. Up until about 2005-2006, a Cat 3 hurricane would stay a Cat 2, most of the way through the state, and a Cat 1 through several states to the north. We might be getting more named storms, but they are all weaker storms. Some would rise to name status, without sending in the 'hurricane hunter' planes, to take wind speed measurements inside the storms.

There has been more flooding in some areas of this country. Florida has been too bad, in that regard, since storm water management has always been a top priority, and not something to be messed with. There are occasional issues, that don't rise, until we get a lot of rain, but they usually get resolved quickly. Land development and construction, changes the drainage. Doesn't always work out as planned, or sometimes, the construction companies try to 'cheat' a little, and put the drainage off on somebody else.

Lot of places, other states, seldom have a flooding problem, so storm water management is a low priority. They tend to spend money on other things, mostly because the federal government will pick up the tab, if there ever is a problem.
12-11-2020 19:34
(21596)
BrendaM wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
muhammadsaad wrote:

Ozone does not change the temperature of anything. It can't. No gas or vapor can create or destroy energy.
BrendaM wrote:
It is not that far away either. Have you noticed the string of crazy weather all over the world lately?

No.
BrendaM wrote:
I often look at the weather of other places on climacell, and most places of the world are battered by storms that they have'nt faced in a long time, be it America, India, Philippines, or any other place.

False authority fallacy. It is not possible to measure global storm activity. Not enough stations.
BrendaM wrote:
It is just the beginning of a string of events that might change the face of the earth as we know it.

Nothin' yet. The cartographers will let you know.

The Parrot Killer

12-11-2020 19:35
(21596)
James___ wrote:
BrendaM wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
muhammadsaad wrote:

What these guys don't understand is that if the total energy in storms increase regardless of the number of storms, then that shows that the seas are giving up more heat type energy.

You have no idea if there is more or less storm activity. Heat is not energy.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 12-11-2020 19:35
13-11-2020 00:57
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
You may be in the wrong place BrendaM Can I suggest you go to Skeptical Science they will gleefully tell you how you are going to die
13-11-2020 16:39
(14404)
BrendaM wrote: Have you noticed the string of crazy weather all over the world lately?

Did you notice the string of crazy weather all over the world prior to that?

That last one was a trick question. Crazy weather hadn't been invented yet.

BrendaM wrote: I often look at the weather of other places on climacell, and most places of the world are battered by storms that they have'nt faced in a long time, be it America, India, Philippines, or any other place.

Storms don't follow timetables. Weather is a random event.

BrendaM wrote: It is just the beginning of a string of events that might change the face of the earth as we know it.

Wow! Another totally ominous prophecy devoid of any specifics. I really do love those. I can base my daily life decisions on them.

13-11-2020 21:11
(5197)
We've had a crazy hurricane season this year, almost 30 named storms, probably a record setting year. Of course, they named every storm system this year, that showed any sign of rotation... Still amazes me, how a Cat 3 hurricane over water, is reduced to a tropical storm, hour or less, after making landfall. Use to be, they had to travel across half a state to weaken to a Cat 2... Isn't that crazy? Or have the storms gone sissy?
Page 3 of 3<123

Join the debate Polar Ice Melt Now 6 Times Greater Than 1990s:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
The new President elect of Haagen Dazs, demonstrating an ice cream filled donut017-11-2023 14:07
The Lake Mead water level is still rising in August, when it is ALWAYS falling. So snow melt is not the 15516-09-2023 13:46
Polar bears909-09-2022 00:03
Co2 ice samples1102-06-2022 22:44
Arctic sea ice cover1909-04-2022 08:29
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact