▼ Content

Place your bets

Place your bets06-12-2020 12:57
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
IBD and ITN,
Here's the bet for you to take or not.
If Trump wins, i'll leave the board permanently.
If Biden wins, you leave the board permanently.
In other words, put up or shut up.
I'll also bet you don't have the courage of your convictions.
I'll also bet that if you lose the bet, you don't have the integrity to pay the bet.
06-12-2020 13:06
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
keepit wrote:
IBD and ITN,
I'll also bet that if you lose the bet, you don't have the integrity to pay the bet.

There aren't that many regular users here, why ask anyone to leave? This is suppose to be about fighting global warming, scams. It's winter, so not much happening in the global warming world, so we do politics and pandemic crap. The election is related, as Biden, and the left, wish to use global warming, to steal tax dollars, and crush business testicles. You should be concerned too, even if you hate Trump. Switching over to solar panels and windmills, will force you to pay more for everything. Would you prefer, to spend less...
06-12-2020 13:32
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
I like a lot of Trump positions.
06-12-2020 17:54
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14411)
keepit wrote: I like a lot of Trump positions.

There is apparently no specific position of Trump's that you like, and no specific accomplishment for which you will praise Trump.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
06-12-2020 21:16
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3979)
keepit wrote:

Trump up side:
1 - proved we have a very real democracy as neither party establishment wanted him
2 - Not a hawk. One of the least militaristic presidents.
3 - communicates directly with voters and is very open about what he's thinking
4 - wants to reduce the number of regulations ( I love the you must retire 2 old regs to have a new one )

The fact that he's extremely inept as a politician in getting anything done is actually a plus too. I used to think Lyndon Johnson was the best past president because he could get laws passed. But that's really not an appropriate roll for a US president. They aren't intended by our system to be legislators.

Trump couldn't even get a wall with across the board Republican control.

If it weren't for Trump being insane, a psychopath and a generally horrible person he wouldn't be so bad.
06-12-2020 23:47
(14411)
keepit wrote:
IBD and ITN,

This is a stupid wager, and pointless. Why would I ever want you to leave this board? Why would I ever sign up to leave this board?

I do not accept your wager.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
06-12-2020 23:54
(14411)
tmiddles wrote:The fact that [Trump] is extremely inept as a politician in getting anything done

More totally ignorant commentary from the peanut gallery.

What official duties of the President has Trump not been able to accomplish?

[crickets]

Note: this is the point at which you non sequitur to insulting Trump supporters.

07-12-2020 01:23
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote:The fact that [Trump] is extremely inept as a politician in getting anything done
Well I said as a politician, not as president. Johnson knew how to twist arms and get things done. He got the Civil Rights act passed and I don't think Kennedy would have managed to.

So it's true that Trump doesn't know how to use his power as President and as a politician to get legislative things accomplished (I'm grateful since I oppose most of what he'd want to do).

As for his official duties he is probably the most inept/derelict president we've ever had in actual administering government without even having a nominee for many key positions:
"Of the 714 key positions requiring Senate confirmation, 515 of them have a confirmed nominee in place — with 170 positions having no nominee, according to the latest tracking from the partnership." as of 1/20/20
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/01/20/trumps-staffing-struggle-unfilled-jobs-100991
He also shits on government employees all day long and there has been a lot of turnover. Of those government employees in place 91% have quite (as compared with ~%70 for past presidents)
https://www.brookings.edu/research/tracking-turnover-in-the-trump-administration/

It's safe to say it is humiliating and depressing to work for Trump for many professionals. True before he was president.

He is the most effective agent and defensive/offensive military strategist that Russia has ever had. Crippling the unity we once had with Europe, NATO and the whole "Leader of the free world thing" the US was once known for (out the window).

But most of all he has divided the country more than anything since the civil war. It's really hard to believe we are a lot more divided and a lot closer to civil war than we were 4 years ago but no question about that.

Blaming half the squad for a bad coach is just passing the buck. Effective leaders are just that, effective.

We've had plenty of Republican presidents in the past without the country nearing civil war as it does now.

He currently stands as the worst US President in our history but I fear he is the stepping stone for the Trump 2.0 that will end the country permanently. All of the holes he is tearing into the fabric of our democracy will be there for the next guy to exploit.
07-12-2020 02:45
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21598)
keepit wrote:
IBD and ITN,

No bet. It Trump wins, I will still be commenting here.
If Biden wins I will be commenting here probably more often than I already am.

I will be commenting here no matter who wins.

False dichotomy tallacy.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 07-12-2020 02:45
07-12-2020 02:58
(21598)
tmiddles wrote:
keepit wrote:

Trump up side:
1 - proved we have a very real democracy

The United States is not a democracy and never was.
tmiddles wrote:
as neither party establishment wanted him

Trump is the leader of the Republican party. They want him. He easily won the last two party conventions. You're a liar.
tmiddles wrote:
2 - Not a hawk. One of the least militaristic presidents.

No? Trump is proud of our military and fully supports them.
tmiddles wrote:
3 - communicates directly with voters and is very open about what he's thinking

Yet you want to shut him up. Irrational.
tmiddles wrote:
4 - wants to reduce the number of regulations ( I love the you must retire 2 old regs to have a new one )

Yet you want more regulations. Irrational.
tmiddles wrote:
The fact that he's extremely inept as a politician in getting anything done

You listed several things he has done and they you say he hasn't done anything. Irrational.
tmiddles wrote:
is actually a plus too.

Not getting anything done is a plus???? No wonder you want Biden.
tmiddles wrote:
I used to think Lyndon Johnson was the best past president because he could get laws passed.

Johnson??? The guy that started the War on Drugs that's an absolute failure??? The guy that ignored the Constitution left and right????
tmiddles wrote:
But that's really not an appropriate roll for a US president.

No. It isn't!
tmiddles wrote:
They aren't intended by our system to be legislators.

Johnson thought differently.
tmiddles wrote:
Trump couldn't even get a wall with across the board Republican control.

The wall has a lot of miles already built. Trump got his wall.
tmiddles wrote:
If it weren't for Trump being insane, a psychopath and a generally horrible person he wouldn't be so bad.

Psychoquackery. TDS.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
07-12-2020 03:09
(21598)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Well I said as a politician, not as president. Johnson knew how to twist arms and get things done. He got the Civil Rights act passed and I don't think Kennedy would have managed to.

No. Republicans got the Civli Rights act passed...both of them.
tmiddles wrote:
So it's true that Trump doesn't know how to use his power as President and as a politician to get legislative things accomplished (I'm grateful since I oppose most of what he'd want to do).

He's already done it. Where were you? Oh yeah, you were making up random accusations concerning some kind of involvement with Russia. Putin wanted Hillary. He didn't get it. He wants Biden. He's not going to get it.
tmiddles wrote:
As for his official duties he is probably the most inept/derelict president we've ever had in actual administering government without even having a nominee for many key positions:
"Of the 714 key positions requiring Senate confirmation, 515 of them have a confirmed nominee in place — with 170 positions having no nominee, according to the latest tracking from the partnership." as of 1/20/20
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/01/20/trumps-staffing-struggle-unfilled-jobs-100991
He also shits on government employees all day long and there has been a lot of turnover. Of those government employees in place 91% have quite (as compared with ~%70 for past presidents)
https://www.brookings.edu/research/tracking-turnover-in-the-trump-administration/
Random numbers. Argument from randU fallacy.
[quote]tmiddles wrote:
It's safe to say it is humiliating and depressing to work for Trump for many professionals. True before he was president.

You don't get to speak for anyone on Trump's staff. You only get to speak for yourself.
tmiddles wrote:
He is the most effective agent and defensive/offensive military strategist that Russia has ever had.

Crippling the unity we once had with Europe, NATO and the whole "Leader of the free world thing" the US was once known for (out the window).

They crippled themselves. Trump had nothing to do with it.
tmiddles wrote:
But most of all he has divided the country more than anything since the civil war.

Nope. You are describing the Democrats.
tmiddles wrote:
It's really hard to believe we are a lot more divided and a lot closer to civil war than we were 4 years ago but no question about that.

Thank the Democrats.
tmiddles wrote:
Blaming half the squad for a bad coach is just passing the buck. Effective leaders are just that, effective.

Irrelevant. Democrats are trying to start a war.
tmiddles wrote:
We've had plenty of Republican presidents in the past without the country nearing civil war as it does now.

Democrats.
tmiddles wrote:
He currently stands as the worst US President in our history but I fear he is the stepping stone for the Trump 2.0 that will end the country permanently. All of the holes he is tearing into the fabric of our democracy will be there for the next guy to exploit.

The United States is not a democracy and never was.

The Parrot Killer

07-12-2020 03:12
(14411)
tmiddles wrote:Well I said as a politician, not as president.

So once again you are gibbering without saying anything beyond "I HATE TRUMP BECAUSE I WAS ORDERED TO HATE HIM."

tmiddles wrote: ... and get things done.

Nothing specific, just another platitude that you profess to hate.

tmiddles wrote: So it's true that Trump doesn't know how to use his power as President and as a politician to get legislative things accomplished

... because you are too stupid to realize that legislative things are the responsibility of an entirely different branch of government. This too has been explained to you numerous times.

I think we're done on this one.

tmiddles wrote: (I'm grateful since I oppose most of what he'd want to do).

... which is what? Identify something that is true and not something you are fabricating under the pretense that you are somehow a mind-reader.

tmiddles wrote: As for his official duties he is probably the most inept/derelict president we've ever had in actual administering government

... except that he is arguably the most effective President in US history.

Someone making your claim should have no problem finding five or six solid examples of how Trump has failed in his official duties ... unless all you mean to say is "I HATE TRUMP BECAUSE I WAS ORDERED TO HATE HIM."

tmiddles wrote: He also shits on government employees all day long and there has been a lot of turnover.

One of the reasons the Trump Administration is so effective is that he fires slackers and those who are ineffective, unlike Obama who hired people for exactly those qualities.

The most successful businesses have equally high turnover. What We the People demand is an effective government, not an ineffective government with low turnover. What were you thinking?

tmiddles wrote:It's safe to say it is humiliating and depressing to work for Trump for many professionals.

Nope. You just had to throw in that "for many professionals" to render the comment totally subjective and meaningless, and thus making it "safe to say."

You wouldn't be able to make any sort of meaningful comment of that nature because his employees don't make this claim.

You're a moron. You can't add to the conversation beyond "I HATE TRUMP BECAUSE I WAS ORDERED TO HATE HIM."

07-12-2020 03:22
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:Trump Administration is so effective is that he fires slackers and those who are ineffective,
Pay attention IBD. After 4 years Trump still hasn't even appointed nearly 200 of 800 key positions. I think it's combination of being inept and waiting for a big enough pay off to pass out a position. I'm sure he views it as inventory.

Into the Night wrote:

Well a boat was acquired:
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46824649

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8647401/Steven-Bannon-arrested-INDICTED-multi-million-wall-fraud.html

But he did build some wall he can lay claim too. NEW WALL that wouldn't be there without him. 15 miles of it.

The US Mexico border is 1,954 mi

Before he took office, there were 654 miles or barriers.

In case you missed that's "15 miles of new wall"

So ironic that he stole Reagan's slogan Make America Great Again. Reagan was a great president. Really really different.

Edited on 07-12-2020 03:25
07-12-2020 03:40
(21598)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:Trump Administration is so effective is that he fires slackers and those who are ineffective,
Pay attention IBD. After 4 years Trump still hasn't even appointed nearly 200 of 800 key positions. I think it's combination of being inept and waiting for a big enough pay off to pass out a position. I'm sure he views it as inventory.

Into the Night wrote:

Well a boat was acquired:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8647401/Steven-Bannon-arrested-INDICTED-multi-million-wall-fraud.html

But he did build some wall he can lay claim too. NEW WALL that wouldn't be there without him. 15 miles of it.

The US Mexico border is 1,954 mi

Before he took office, there were 654 miles or barriers.

In case you missed that's "15 miles of new wall"

So ironic that he stole Reagan's slogan Make America Great Again. Reagan was a great president. Really really different.

Fake News.

The Parrot Killer

07-12-2020 03:42
(3979)
Into the Night wrote:
Fake News.
You should let Bannon know. He will be greatly relieved he doesn't have to go on trial in May.
07-12-2020 03:43
(14411)
tmiddles wrote:
Pay attention IBD. After 4 years Trump still hasn't even appointed nearly 200 of 800 key positions.

If he doesn't need the added baggage then what's the harm in being more efficient while saving the taxpayers some money?

Really, what's the problem?

Trump has filled every position he needed filled. I don't recall him running on a platform that he would fill positions that others determined needed to be filled.

Into the Night wrote: The wall has a lot of miles already built. Trump got his wall.

Yep! 350 miles of high-tech wall despite Congress intentionally striving to thwart any success Trump might have.

The fact that tgoebbles blames Trump for Democrat obstructionism serves to underscore his total dishonesty and serves to underscore how effective a President Trump nonetheless is.

07-12-2020 03:59
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:...despite Congress intentionally striving to thwart any success Trump might have.
You mean the first 2 yeas with a Republican congress or the last two?

IBdaMann wrote:
Trump has filled every position he needed filled.

Federal Aviation Administration Administrator
budget of over $16 billion
without a permanent administrator since January 2018.

Only 56 percent of the key positions in the Department of Homeland Security that require nomination and confirmation have been filled

But one thing Trump knows is that his base is mindless and well accept any level of performance and any outrage he may commit.
Edited on 07-12-2020 04:05
07-12-2020 05:06
(14411)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:...despite Congress intentionally striving to thwart any success Trump might have.
You mean the first 2 yeas with a Republican congress or the last two?

All four years. The RINOs did not help Trump; they thwarted his efforts.

tmiddles wrote:Federal Aviation Administration Administrator
budget of over $16 billion without a permanent administrator since January 2018.

... and the impact has been what?

tmiddles wrote:Only 56 percent of the key positions in the Department of Homeland Security that require nomination and confirmation have been filled

You have produced a big goose egg on any negative impact of any of this. Perhaps because Trump is showing that those positions aren't really necessary. Apparently we don't really need to grow a behemoth tyrannical government.

Who knew?

tmiddles wrote:But one thing Trump knows is that his base is mindless and ...

There we go ... the petty non sequitur pivot to malign Trump supporters. It turns out that you are the shit moron whose absence would leave a marked improvement upon this earth.

Where's my daily absurd position assignment? You can malign all other Trump supporters but think you can just snub me?

07-12-2020 05:45
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:The RINOs did not help Trump;
Well the REPUBLICAN Purge is on. Without a job Trump can focus on that full time. Dissent will not be tolerated.

Just ask Jeff Sessions.

IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote:Federal Aviation A...

The US Government has slowed down. They have a job to do and they do it less effectively. I personally have had to deal with it in having government applications processed. But really you can ask the people working int he government. They are quoted in the articles I linked to.

IBdaMann wrote:

There we go ... the petty non sequitur pivot to malign Trump supporters.
Really? OK watch this. You asked if there was anything I liked about Trump.

What's bad about Trump? Your turn.
07-12-2020 05:59
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2933)
hepiddles wrote:

He was a bit too optimistic early on. The swamp was much deeper than he knew. Unfortunately he was unable to drain the whole damn thing.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
07-12-2020 07:47
(14411)
tmiddles wrote:Well the REPUBLICAN Purge is on. Without a job Trump can focus on that full time. Dissent will not be tolerated.

What are the odds that I consider you an expert on the matter and consider your opinion to be a well-researched and rational one?

tmiddles wrote: The US Government has slowed down.

The US government does not have a velocity, but is supposed to be "slow" by design. It always has been. Trump didn't suddenly make it that way.

tmiddles wrote: But really you can ask the people working int he government.

I talk to them every day. I'm an expert in this area.

tmiddles wrote: Really? OK watch this. You asked if there was anything I liked about Trump.

Trump is old. I'm not sure for how much longer he can maintain the energy and resolve ... but that is balanced by the positive that he seems to be able to maintain the energy even when he would be within his rights to throw in the towel.

Since I don't deal in tabloid gossip and since I don't know Trump personally, I focus on Trump's handling of his official duties and he is perhaps the most effective President in the country's history. This is why all of your generic, TDS vitriol is so empty.

07-12-2020 09:12
(3979)
IBdaMann wrote:...the most effective President in the country's history.
What do you consider his great achievement(s) ?
07-12-2020 10:55
(21598)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Fake News.
You should let Bannon know. He will be greatly relieved he doesn't have to go on trial in May.

Contextomy fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

07-12-2020 10:59
(21598)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:The RINOs did not help Trump;
Well the REPUBLICAN Purge is on. Without a job Trump can focus on that full time. Dissent will not be tolerated.

Just ask Jeff Sessions.

IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote:Federal Aviation A...

The US Government has slowed down. They have a job to do and they do it less effectively. I personally have had to deal with it in having government applications processed. But really you can ask the people working int he government. They are quoted in the articles I linked to.

IBdaMann wrote:

There we go ... the petty non sequitur pivot to malign Trump supporters.
Really? OK watch this. You asked if there was anything I liked about Trump.

The federal government has 'slowed down'? They don't have a speed. It's a government.
You don't get to speak for anyone in government. You only get to speak for you.

The Parrot Killer

07-12-2020 11:00
(21598)
tmiddles wrote:

RQAA

The Parrot Killer

07-12-2020 17:55
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
keepit wrote:
IBD and ITN,

My personal preference is for you to remain on this board, so there's no reason for me to make such a bet with you.
07-12-2020 21:09
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
tmiddles wrote:

Hard to pick just one...

I think one of the best though, is insisting that other countries start paying their own way, instead of leaching off American charity. He made it clear, that the ES isn't going to keep picking up the slack, financially, for the UN and NATO. We aren't going to keep passing out welfare checks, to buy friends and allies. We aren't going to keep fighting other countries wars for them. We aren't going to provide free military personnel. Charity is a fine thing, during troubled times, but it's a short term thing, not decades of dependence. You expect the people you help out, to at least make an effort to stand on their own.

Join the debate Place your bets:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Best place to live in Europe( could also recommend some other place) for health reasons?1901-01-2020 10:33
petition to encourage president to use executive order to seize carbon assets and place in public trust814-11-2017 23:12
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact