Remember me
▼ Content

petition to create a new Nobel prize for the Fight Against Climate Change

petition to create a new Nobel prize for the Fight Against Climate Change15-12-2018 07:02
HeSea
☆☆☆☆☆
(1)
Parents started a petition to get the Board of the Nobel Foundation to create a Nobel Prize for actions against climate change.

How would this Nobel be different from the Prizes shared by Al Gore and the IPCC?

First, this Nobel would focus on actions. It would reward those who are doing the most or best to tackle climate change through mitigation of emissions, removal of historic emissions in the atmosphere or adaptation.

Second, this Prize will be awarded every year keeping the issue top of the agenda.

Third, the Climate Prize will go back to the roots of the Nobel celebrating recent achievements or discoveries made "during the preceding year" or years, allowing it to support current leaders and scientists

They are aiming for 1 Million signatures. If you want to support their effort sign-on and share HERE !
15-12-2018 07:18
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
Alfred Nobel must be rolling in his grave about what has happened to his prize program.
15-12-2018 19:17
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5195)
I didn't know there was a Nobel Prize for Science Fiction, until Al Gore won it. Also learn there was a Nobel Prize for Racism, until Obama got elected, and won it. Al Gore was the spokesman for a shady interest, on of many, from what I understand, and read a script. Obama, he hadn't done anything note worthy, until he campaigned for president, and actually won, regardless of race. He's mixed race, like most Americans, so really an non-issue, although still think he could have been born Kenyan, but he wouldn't have been the first to get his citizenship in that way. Doesn't really matter, he was an infant, and no say in such things, might not have known, until it became an issue.
15-12-2018 20:49
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
HarveyH55 wrote:
I didn't know there was a Nobel Prize for Science Fiction, until Al Gore won it. Also learn there was a Nobel Prize for Racism, until Obama got elected, and won it. Al Gore was the spokesman for a shady interest, on of many, from what I understand, and read a script. Obama, he hadn't done anything note worthy, until he campaigned for president, and actually won, regardless of race. He's mixed race, like most Americans, so really an non-issue, although still think he could have been born Kenyan, but he wouldn't have been the first to get his citizenship in that way. Doesn't really matter, he was an infant, and no say in such things, might not have known, until it became an issue.

Alfred Nobel, the inventor of dynamite and the inventor of a practical process for making nitroglycerine (reasonably safely!), was actually trying to end war by producing a better bang. By making weapons so horribly destructive, he felt, war would end.

Unfortunately, his dream wasn't realized until the invention of the atomic bomb and Oppenheimer's work. Since the Bomb was dropped on Japan during WW2, major wars between nations effectively ceased. The skirmishes we have today are nothing compared to what WW2 was. Spy satellite technology is a major factor in keeping that peace. That kind of weapon has never been used in war since.

Nobel made a lot of money producing dynamite and nitroglycerine. Ironically enough, he required nitroglycerine as a medicine later in life (it's used to treat angina).

He arranged so that upon his death, he would further his dream of peace between nations. He founded the Nobel Peace Prize to reward innovative developments in chemistry and other technologies and science that help bring about his dream. Part of this award was directed toward government programs that further peace between nations.

As directed by Alfred's will, the Nobel Peace Prize Foundation was established. It was directed to award prizes for physics, chemistry, physiology or medicine, literature and peace. A sixth prize was added in 1968 for economic sciences.

Probably the most controversial choices of late is the prize for peace, awarded to Obama (a man of peace??) and again to Al Gore and the IPCC (the Church of Global Warming is a religion of peace??).

Well...you can see how even the dreams of someone like Alfred Nobel can be twisted by the political leanings of the foundation he created. Sad, really. Obama set the racism problem back by a good 60 years. The IPCC and Al Gore has caused a lot of needless deaths and needless misery and waste for their efforts. Hardly a demonstration of Alfred's dream.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 15-12-2018 20:51
15-12-2018 20:54
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
HeSea wrote:
Parents started a petition to get the Board of the Nobel Foundation to create a Nobel Prize for actions against climate change.

How would this Nobel be different from the Prizes shared by Al Gore and the IPCC?

First, this Nobel would focus on actions. It would reward those who are doing the most or best to tackle climate change through mitigation of emissions, removal of historic emissions in the atmosphere or adaptation.

Second, this Prize will be awarded every year keeping the issue top of the agenda.

Third, the Climate Prize will go back to the roots of the Nobel celebrating recent achievements or discoveries made "during the preceding year" or years, allowing it to support current leaders and scientists

They are aiming for 1 Million signatures. If you want to support their effort sign-on and share HERE !

We have discussed this thing to death on this group. There are one in ten that believe the political BS that there is such a thing as un-natural climate change so I suggest you actually study the subject before passing out your unknowledgeable crap here.

Join the debate petition to create a new Nobel prize for the Fight Against Climate Change:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Burn Gasoline and Natural Gas To Fight Against Climate Change2504-01-2024 06:33
30,000 SCIENTISTS SIGN PETITION ON GLOBAL WARMING, CLAIMING THAT THERE IS NO SETTLED SCIENCE202-11-2022 23:15
Sleuths of 'spooky' quantum entanglement science win Nobel physics prize for 20222407-10-2022 01:45
Everybody, Any Entity Can Create New Money Currency, It Is About How To Persuade The Users113-08-2022 23:34
How Did TrueCompanion Create a New Thread/Post in a Closed Forum?326-08-2021 00:43
Articles
Al Gore: Nobel Peace Prize acceptance speech
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact