Remember me
▼ Content

Perpetual Motion

Page 1 of 3123>
Perpetual Motion29-06-2021 15:25
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
To be technical, when light from a distant star travels billions of light years so we can see, it is perpetual. With scientists, they are correct when they say perpetual motion in a machine is impossible.
At the same time, a machine can conserve energy and/or momentum. How a machine conserves energy and how efficiently it can do this is up to who builds it and what the laws of physics allows for.
As for myself, I have 2 different concepts that I am pursuing. My own design is rather simple and there's no reason it shouldn't work. It will be conserving energy as a part of a bound system. It will be conserving the Earth's gravity.
With the other concept, shifting the swing of a pendulum to rotate around an axis other than its fulcrum is much more challenging. And as everyone knows, a pendulum's swing is very efficient. Yet how to change it from a swing to be a part of a rotation? Can pulleys allow for this?
And a last strange thought, could this have been realized before it became impossible and scientists knew calculus?
29-06-2021 17:11
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
This is a concept of Johann Bessler that I am building. If it does not work, then I'll leave his work to others.
The pulley at bottom right is the same distance from the corner of the disc as the pulley at the bottom left is. The weight at bottom center will move straight up the arm. And for the sake of argument, let's say this takes work, okay?
If on average, the weight to the right travels 2.5 times the distance that the weight at bottom center moves up the arm, does engineering allow for this? Basically, if something drops a distance of 20, can it lift something to a height of 8?
Does engineering allow for that? How about physics?
And now we get into ratios. If the weight dropping has a potential of 50% of its mass/weight, then 80% of its potential is used to lift a weight. With that said, can 10% of its potential rotate the wheel? And if this is based on 60 in.lbs. or 6.8 n-m of torque, can 6 in.lbs. or 0.68 n-m of torque rotate a wheel?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FVdDoJLszB2XR1F86

p.s., just in case, 6 inch pounds means that if all weights on the wheel are the same distance from the axle, can a 1 lb. weight 6 inches from the axle cause the wheel to rotate? And 6 inch lbs. equals 0.68 newton-meters of torque.
With calculus, I can consider thermodynamics but someone else realized those formulas. So with me it's more about how I can use calculus as a tool.

p.s.s, Go U Sub!!! (u substitution)
Edited on 29-06-2021 17:22
29-07-2021 02:07
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)

James___ wrote:With scientists, they are correct when they say perpetual motion in a machine is impossible.

They would be referring to the 2nd law of thermodynamics. If you have any questions about this, Into the Night can explain to you the different types of perpetual motion machine fallacies and how to spot them.

James___ wrote: At the same time, a machine can conserve energy and/or momentum.

You need to be careful here. Friction affects all machines and causes a reduction in momentum. The law of motion you are citing presumes a theoretical zero-friction system. Of course, you need to enter a nonzero friction value for your particular machine and yes, over time it will lose all of its momentum.

James___ wrote: ... and what the laws of physics allows for.

James__, when you don't know what to write you write something with the words "allows for" ... which tells everyone that you didn't know what to write.

Just so you know, the laws of physics allow for everything that is physically possible.

James___ wrote: As for myself, I have 2 different concepts that I am pursuing. My own design is rather simple and there's no reason it shouldn't work.

... except that you are pursuing a perpetual motion machine which is impossible. Your design cannot work. Beyond that, I see no reason it shouldn't work.

James___ wrote:It will be conserving energy as a part of a bound system. It will be conserving the Earth's gravity.

You alluded to this at 2:17 in your Bessler Wheel Torque Test Successful video. This is an error. Gravity is not energy. Gravity is a force. There is no such thing as conservation of force.

James___ wrote: With the other concept, shifting the swing of a pendulum to rotate around an axis other than its fulcrum is much more challenging.

The technical term for this is "moving the fulcrum" and is as easy as merely moving the fulcrum.

At 2:39 in your Bessler Wheel Torque Test Successful video you mention that engineering differs from physics. This is correct.

*Science predicts nature.
*Technology controls nature.
*Engineers use science's ability to predict nature to build technology that controls nature.

James___ wrote: Can pulleys allow for this?

You just didn't know what to write, did you? The answer is that yes, pulleys will allow you to do whatever you wish to do.

James__, the reason no Bessler wheel will work, i.e. rotate forever, is that you cannot eliminate all friction from the axle. It will slow down and stop regardless of how the weights are distributed. I'm sorry.

Attached image:

29-07-2021 06:46
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
And yet the test was successful. Only it's not perpetual motion. It is not possible for a machine to propagate its own motion. It is possible for a machine to conserve energy.
And yet none of you can say I changed the swing of a pendulum to swing from a different fulcrum. And to think I'm going off of a 300 year old book.
https://www.uu.nl/en/utrecht-university-library-special-collections/collections/early-printed-books/scientific-works/das-triumphirende-perpetuum-mobile-orffyreanum-by-johann-bessler

I get it. There's this "new" science, right?

Attached image:

Edited on 29-07-2021 07:00
30-07-2021 18:35
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21588)
James___ wrote:
To be technical, when light from a distant star travels billions of light years so we can see, it is perpetual.

No, it isn't. Light radiating from a point source like star dissipates with distance. Energy is not being destroyed, but it is dissipating over a larger area. The intensity of the light is not perpetual.
James___ wrote:
With scientists, they are correct when they say perpetual motion in a machine is impossible.

It is impossible. No machine needed.
James___ wrote:
At the same time, a machine can conserve energy and/or momentum. How a machine conserves energy and how efficiently it can do this is up to who builds it and what the laws of physics allows for.

Energy is always conserved, but it dissipates. This is what entropy is about: the randomness of a system. Energy always moves from concentrated regions to less concentrated regions, if it moves at all. For example, hot regions always heat cold regions. Cold regions never heat hot regions.

2nd law of thermodynamics:
e(t+1) >= e(t); where 'e' is entropy, and 't' is time.

James___ wrote:
As for myself, I have 2 different concepts that I am pursuing. My own design is rather simple and there's no reason it shouldn't work. It will be conserving energy as a part of a bound system. It will be conserving the Earth's gravity.

Gravity is not energy. Energy is always conserved. No machine needed.

Perpetual motion machines are impossible because all machines dissipate energy. Energy, however, is conserved.

The laws of thermodynamics operate over a closed system. That is simply a system that you choose that has a specific boundary, and that system must be consistent (you cannot change the system or compare it to any other system).

No energy source or energy sink can be considered from outside that chosen system.

Taking a machine and the room it is in as the system, the machine will generate heat due to internal friction. This thermal energy is dissipated into the room. The machine itself will lose energy to the room. Energy is still conserved over that system.

James___ wrote:
With the other concept, shifting the swing of a pendulum to rotate around an axis other than its fulcrum is much more challenging. And as everyone knows, a pendulum's swing is very efficient. Yet how to change it from a swing to be a part of a rotation? Can pulleys allow for this?

This type of 'perpetual motion machine' has been built before, and it always runs down...particularly if any kind of load is applied.
James___ wrote:
And a last strange thought, could this have been realized before it became impossible and scientists knew calculus?

It has always been impossible. It doesn't matter if scientists knew that or not. It doesn't matter of calculus exists or not. It doesn't matter if the laws of thermodynamics have been created or not.

A theory of science does not change what that theory describes. It is not the 2nd law of thermodynamics that causes the 2nd law of thermodynamics, for example.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
30-07-2021 18:38
(21588)
James___ wrote:
This is a concept of Johann Bessler that I am building. If it does not work, then I'll leave his work to others.
The pulley at bottom right is the same distance from the corner of the disc as the pulley at the bottom left is. The weight at bottom center will move straight up the arm. And for the sake of argument, let's say this takes work, okay?
If on average, the weight to the right travels 2.5 times the distance that the weight at bottom center moves up the arm, does engineering allow for this? Basically, if something drops a distance of 20, can it lift something to a height of 8?
Does engineering allow for that? How about physics?
And now we get into ratios. If the weight dropping has a potential of 50% of its mass/weight, then 80% of its potential is used to lift a weight. With that said, can 10% of its potential rotate the wheel? And if this is based on 60 in.lbs. or 6.8 n-m of torque, can 6 in.lbs. or 0.68 n-m of torque rotate a wheel?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FVdDoJLszB2XR1F86

p.s., just in case, 6 inch pounds means that if all weights on the wheel are the same distance from the axle, can a 1 lb. weight 6 inches from the axle cause the wheel to rotate? And 6 inch lbs. equals 0.68 newton-meters of torque.
With calculus, I can consider thermodynamics but someone else realized those formulas. So with me it's more about how I can use calculus as a tool.

p.s.s, Go U Sub!!! (u substitution)

Bessler wheels are not perpetual motion. The machine WILL run down. Energy is always dissipated from it. This machine is attempting perpetual motion of the 1st type. You can't create energy from nothing. There is nothing to replace the energy lost from the machine.

Energy is still conserved. It's just dissipated.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
30-07-2021 18:40
(21588)
James___ wrote:
And yet the test was successful. Only it's not perpetual motion. It is not possible for a machine to propagate its own motion. It is possible for a machine to conserve energy.
And yet none of you can say I changed the swing of a pendulum to swing from a different fulcrum. And to think I'm going off of a 300 year old book.
https://www.uu.nl/en/utrecht-university-library-special-collections/collections/early-printed-books/scientific-works/das-triumphirende-perpetuum-mobile-orffyreanum-by-johann-bessler

Energy is always conserved. No machine required. It always dissipates as well. Machines require concentrated energy to run.

The Parrot Killer

07-09-2021 16:36
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:

Energy is always conserved. No machine required. It always dissipates as well. Machines require concentrated energy to run.

From a Canadian website; https://energyeducation.ca/encyclopedia/Law_of_conservation_of_energy

I think what I'm building will work and prove Bessler was successful. IMHO Bessler's wheel creates a system where the heat content of the Earth's gravitational field can be conserved as linear momentum.
This would create a union between A and B (where they overlap) https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/union-function-python/ in which gravity (A) is accelerating a weight associated with (
At the same time, the total amount of energy in A + B = energy will not change. This is because B would be conserving energy from A and this would allow for the A union B (Au
to become a closed system.
Somehow scientists and engineers failed to consider this.
07-09-2021 17:49
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
AuB (A union
. With Bessler's wheel, A = AuB. The u (union) allows for energy to be transferred from A to B. The total amount of energy in the system remains the same (constant/unchanged).
If A is 1,2,3 and B is 0, then AuB = 0, 1, 2, 3. Then it can be considered how much energy does B conserve? Calculating I which is the Moment of Inertia and its velocity, then its kinetic energy would be made known.
And that is the amount of energy that A would not have but the system would
allow for AuB to = A. If B is returned to a value of 0 then there would be A and B but they would not be a closed system with a union. Why B would be 0.
Attached image:

Edited on 07-09-2021 17:55
11-09-2021 17:15
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
There are 2 other ways in which perpetual motion is possible. One method is very simple while the other requires math and finding out a specific cause and effect relationship. This is because creating a necessary difference in 2 opposing would require what is necessary to start movement.
And this coming week I should be performing my final test on my build. If it works better then I have realized Bessler's work and a working wheel would be possible by the end of next month.
As for what science allows for;
Law of conservation of momentum states that. For two or more bodies in an isolated system acting upon each other, their total momentum remains constant unless an external force is applied. Therefore, momentum can neither be created nor destroyed.

If the wheel itself is an isolated system, then when a "falling" weight accelerates according to f = ma where
a = d/t. And then when the force of the "falling" weight is greater than the Moment of Inertia of the wheel/other weights, a will be a percentage relative to the moment of inertia times 9.81. I did tests on this years ago and have considered that an overbalanced weight will need to have a force equal to 5% of the moment of inertia of the wheel.
An example is if a wheel has a radius of 50 cms and has 4 weights that are .5 kgs. The frame of the wheel will have its own moment of inertia. And then the moment of inertia for the weights has to be factored and then this factored to the frame. Then when a weight goes overbalanced, the torque it generates will need to be 5% of the moment of inertia before it becomes overbalanced.
This is because all of the other weights and the frame of the wheel will be acting as a flywheel and will be conserving momentum. In this instance the "falling" weight could be considered as linear momentum because its force comes from gravity while everything else can be considered as angular momentum because the wheel is thought of as an isolated system.
This would then allow for scientists to be right when they say it is self perpetuating because it is in a geosynchronous orbit about the Earth. Isn't science and engineering fascinating?

p.s., what happens when a person goes from a Norwegian accent to a service connected hearing loss because of having a Norwegian accent because you're not "one of them".

Edited on 11-09-2021 17:16
12-09-2021 00:59
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
The picture shows my new discs and how much larger they are than my "old" discs. If this allows for the weight wheel to move up the arm more quickly with no loss of torque, it will be a much quicker spin.
The math I've done if I got all measurements correct (which I didn't), the amount of torque generated will be 7 times greater. This is because as the weight wheel moves towards the axle of the wheel, it is not being lifted.
As the weight wheel rotates that is being lifted. Its radial movement. If all works out, it will be considered that it is conserving the heat content of the Earth's gravitational field as linear momentum. Energy is merely changing states.

When I changed the image from .jpeg to .png, I use Linux software and with their GNU image manipulation program, I decide how I want to export the image. With Microsoft, "save as" has the same function. https://photos.app.goo.gl/4r3rmdzFjECnirRVA
Attached image:

Edited on 12-09-2021 01:05
12-09-2021 18:21
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Since I have a neighbor, I can only use my noisy tools when she's not home. That usually means a few hours every weekend. With where I am at with my build modifications, I'll be able to try and relax and do other things like read more. It's not always easy working through trauma. That helps to create a mental block as well. And even sitting at my computer going over design after redesign to get it how it needs to be causes me problems as well. Then again, healthy people aren't motivated to see a project like this through.
Since I expect it to work (I know there's a chance it won't rotate because of conventional thinking, I'm still getting used to the idea myself that the arm is moving away from the weight) then when healthy and having a shop to work in, I might actually like working on this. That's where I want to do a show in Utrecht, Netherlands and use that as motivation.
Attached image:

22-09-2021 06:27
(21588)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:

From a Canadian website; https://energyeducation.ca/encyclopedia/Law_of_conservation_of_energy

I think what I'm building will work and prove Bessler was successful. IMHO Bessler's wheel creates a system where the heat content of the Earth's gravitational field can be conserved as linear momentum.
This would create a union between A and B (where they overlap) https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/union-function-python/ in which gravity (A) is accelerating a weight associated with (
At the same time, the total amount of energy in A + B = energy will not change. This is because B would be conserving energy from A and this would allow for the A union B (Au
to become a closed system.
Somehow scientists and engineers failed to consider this.

They completely considered this. They also realize the machine has friction. As soon as you put a load on it, it will have MORE friction.

The Parrot Killer

22-09-2021 06:28
(21588)
James___ wrote:
The picture shows my new discs and how much larger they are than my "old" discs. If this allows for the weight wheel to move up the arm more quickly with no loss of torque, it will be a much quicker spin.
The math I've done if I got all measurements correct (which I didn't), the amount of torque generated will be 7 times greater. This is because as the weight wheel moves towards the axle of the wheel, it is not being lifted.
As the weight wheel rotates that is being lifted. Its radial movement. If all works out, it will be considered that it is conserving the heat content of the Earth's gravitational field as linear momentum. Energy is merely changing states.

When I changed the image from .jpeg to .png, I use Linux software and with their GNU image manipulation program, I decide how I want to export the image. With Microsoft, "save as" has the same function. https://photos.app.goo.gl/4r3rmdzFjECnirRVA

Heat is not a content or contained in anything. Gravity is not heat.

The Parrot Killer

25-09-2021 21:57
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:

Heat can be converted into work. A boiler and steam driven turbine is one example. This demonstrates that DFM (marine diesel fuel) contains heat. Then after water is converted into steam, a directional force of energy is realized.
Then after that energy is for the most part expended, the main condenser with an assist from an air eductor creates a vacuum caused by condensing steam into condensate. This increases the work that low pressure steam can do. This is something so basic that even I know it.

p.s., you've never worked in or have gone to school to work in engineering spaces on board a ship, have you? It's okay.
Edited on 25-09-2021 21:59
26-09-2021 19:02
(21588)
James___ wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
James___ wrote:

Heat can be converted into work.

Heat is not energy.
James___ wrote:
A boiler and steam driven turbine is one example.

No, it isn't. Heat is not energy.
James___ wrote:
This demonstrates that DFM (marine diesel fuel) contains heat.

It is not possible to store heat. Heat is not contained in anything.
James___ wrote:
Then after water is converted into steam, a directional force of energy is realized.

Not unless you direct the steam into something useful. Notice that you never described how water turns into steam or why.
James___ wrote:
p.s., you've never worked in or have gone to school to work in engineering spaces on board a ship, have you? It's okay.

I have done both. I build instrumentation for industrial, aerospace, and medical uses. That also includes instrumentation for marine use, including in the engine rooms of various ships.

Did you know that most ships today don't use steam propulsion?

The Parrot Killer

06-10-2021 00:05
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Next week I'll probably be doing the final test on my build. Using 1/4 inch thick oak board breaks to easily. So I'll need to make my weight wheels out of 1/2 inch thick oak board. Then if the test works I'll only need to make 2 more pulley assemblies. R & D can be a Major Payne in the arse.
26-10-2021 00:10
(14389)

James___ wrote:Next week I'll probably be doing the final test on my build. Using 1/4 inch thick oak board breaks to easily. So I'll need to make my weight wheels out of 1/2 inch thick oak board. Then if the test works I'll only need to make 2 more pulley assemblies. R & D can be a Major Payne in the arse.

Why don't you use steel pipe or rebar? Perhaps you could get Duncan to weld it for you.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
22-07-2022 19:11
James_
★★★★★
(2225)
With Bessler's Wheel, supposing it works there is a way to calculate how much energy it could generate. And this is depending on scale and the mass of the weights/frame.
With something that would be about 14 meters tall, 14 meters deep and 5 meters wide (the image of a square) would have a radius of about 6.5 meters (fitting it inside the box). Then if 2 metric tonne weight are used,it would rotate at about 3 rpm and would produce 44 kW of power.
And since the average home uses about 28 kWh a day or a little more than 1 kW per hour. Then 1 generator could power about 37 homes.
And for an industrial scale, if it's up around 20 meters in diameter and uses multiple wheels (occupies a pitch or football field) with heavier weights 1 MW might be possible. That might be able to supply 37,000 homes with power.
And this is where I remind people about the cost per kWh. Let's face it, something that is 100 meters long and has a diameter of 20+ meters will be an eyesore that no one will want to look at.
03-08-2022 07:51
(14389)
While we're all waiting for your Bessler wheel to make one full rotation, I believe I'm overdue for putting you somewhere. Let's put you in Winslow.

Attached image:

21-10-2022 03:31
James_
★★★★★
(2225)
IBdaMann wrote:
While we're all waiting for your Bessler wheel to make one full rotation, I believe I'm overdue for putting you somewhere. Let's put you in Winslow.

I realized I was working on my own invention. I'll be starting soon on the "real" Bessler's Wheel. The 2 "pulleys" at the top cause the lever with the weight on it to rotate into the overbalanced position.
I'll most likely make an 8 weighted wheel about 36 inches/1 meter in diameter.
This will be a much quicker build than my previous efforts.
Attached image:

24-10-2022 03:17
(14389)
James_ wrote:The 2 "pulleys" at the top cause the lever with the weight on it to rotate into the overbalanced position.

There is no such thing "overbalanced." The correct word is "imbalanced."

James_ wrote: I'll most likely make an 8 weighted wheel about 36 inches/1 meter in diameter.This will be a much quicker build than my previous efforts.

What excitement! What suspense!

James__, I need you to repost your dragon-fly. My copy became corrupted.
24-10-2022 18:13
James_
★★★★★
(2225)
IBdaMann wrote:
James_ wrote:The 2 "pulleys" at the top cause the lever with the weight on it to rotate into the overbalanced position.

James_ wrote: I'll most likely make an 8 weighted wheel about 36 inches/1 meter in diameter.This will be a much quicker build than my previous efforts.

What scientists will have to hear when I show it works is how they're saying that momentum cannot be conserved by using an eternal force of energy allowed for 15 years of vicious attacks. People believe in scientists the way Christians and Jews say God.

I lost mine for the same reason.
24-10-2022 18:47
(14389)
James_ wrote: What scientists will have to hear when I show it works is how they're saying that momentum cannot be conserved by using an eternal force of energy allowed for 15 years of vicious attacks.

When you show it works, the world will eat crow. I'm preparing to barbecue mine with peanut butter.

Until you show that it works, however, it won't be "conservation of momentum" that you will be hearing is impossible but "preventing entropy from increasing."

If only there were a way for you to eliminate friction and air resistance (also friction).

Oh, I found it.

24-10-2022 22:22
James_
★★★★★
(2225)
Air resistance isn't an issue. I have designed (invented?) roller bearings that will have very little resistance. Their resistance to movement might be less than 1% when compared to using a bushing or possibly even a roller bearing.
I've known for years that conventional roller and needle bearings are designed to use grease because of the amount of friction they have. With what I've already built, my bearing design might allow that to work as designed. The issue has been the resistance of the bearings which need a pressurized system or grease. Even then the greased is pressurized because a zirk fitting is used.
With the newest design, the amount of imbalance (overbalance is used to show it is on one side of an axis of rotation by design) will be significant as a percentage of the moment of inertia.
The issue will be if using gears instead of tabs/bars represents an improvement which is an invention or is it a variation of what Bessler built? The model I'm building will be about 1 meter in diameter. This will allow my local library to display it and show it working when they feel like it.

And Thanks for my dragon. It's actually from Avatar the movie and conserving momentum might be a source of renewable/green energy.
25-10-2022 02:11
James_
★★★★★
(2225)
James_ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

What scientists will have to hear when I show it works is how they're saying that momentum cannot be conserved by using an eternal force of energy allowed for 15 years of vicious attacks. People believe in scientists the way Christians and Jews say God.

I lost mine for the same reason.

I actually had to erase my hard drive and install a new OS. All information was lost if I didn't have it saved online.
26-10-2022 05:44
(14389)
James_ wrote:Air resistance isn't an issue.

Yes, it is. Unless you eliminate it, it will cause entropy to increase and halt your wheel. It's just a matter of time.

James_ wrote:I have designed (invented?) roller bearings that will have very little resistance.

The amount of resistance will be greater than zero, correct?
Attached image:

26-10-2022 17:23
James_
★★★★★
(2225)
IBdaMann wrote:

Yes, it is. Unless you eliminate it, it will cause entropy to increase and halt your wheel. It's just a matter of time.

James_ wrote:I have designed (invented?) roller bearings that will have very little resistance.

This might be where problem solving will help me. As with the bearings, were they a problem or an engineering challenge? You have to remember that scientists say that atmospheric air pressure is 1.013 bars which equals 1.033kgf/cm^2 or 14.7 psi but I don't say that.
And yet while I finalize the design for my roller bearings I might make a spreadsheet to calculate an estimated rpm. What we do know is that friction from air only stops something like a parachute from dropping as fast as it could and those tend to be quite large.
By doing the spreadsheet, its date save or modified will show how accurate my math is. This then would show where how quickly it accelerates from a start can be ignored while it's average rpm will show something scientists have thought of.
When something is rotating, a weight will not accelerate above its velocity. A "mean" velocity would need to be considered. And this would be how the overbalance as a % of moment of inertia + overbalance might show the correct
value of acceleration. An example is if the net overbalance is 15% of positive and negative torque then 9.81 m/s x .15 = 1.47 m/s.
I think people will shocked at how simple the idea really is and this is because scientists have always said don't waste your time considering the math. And then when they hear that the attacks in their name have been so vicious that I'll need to move out of the U.S. because scientists did not care what happens when people support their beliefs and will go full Nazi to defend science, it can get ugly.
27-10-2022 18:18
James_
★★★★★
(2225)
IBdaMann wrote:

I found out I'll only be able to reduce friction by about 90%. Using rollers, the housing can rotate 9 or 10 times around the axle to a bushing only rotating only once. The bushing around the axle might not be necessary. This is where testing would be needed but I think I'll use the roller reduction around bronze powdered bushings which don't need to be lubricated.
And while I only want to make a 4 weighted wheel I'll go with 8 so it will have some speed to it. And just to prove I'm not an a$$hole you can eat chicken instead of crow.
28-10-2022 22:58
(21588)
James_ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

I found out I'll only be able to reduce friction by about 90%. Using rollers, the housing can rotate 9 or 10 times around the axle to a bushing only rotating only once. The bushing around the axle might not be necessary. This is where testing would be needed but I think I'll use the roller reduction around bronze powdered bushings which don't need to be lubricated.
And while I only want to make a 4 weighted wheel I'll go with 8 so it will have some speed to it. And just to prove I'm not an a$$hole you can eat chicken instead of crow.

Actually, crow tastes pretty good. There are several recipes for it. Barbecuing them or pan frying them is the easiest, though they are good in Creole dishes as well.

The Parrot Killer

29-10-2022 02:42
James_
★★★★★
(2225)
Into the Night wrote:
James_ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Actually, crow tastes pretty good. There are several recipes for it. Barbecuing them or pan frying them is the easiest, though they are good in Creole dishes as well.

I watch some different cooking shows and diets are varied to say the least.
As far as building goes, I let the librarian in the Netherlands know that the last 2 builds I've done are described in Bessler's writings. And this next build will show
what the first 2 leads to.
I think people will be surprised when scientists said don't try it because scientists don't calculate torque but joules and watts. This is when I'll be able to say that scientists say that atmospheric pressure is 14.7 psi and there is no relationship between the atmospheric pressures of Venus, Earth and Mars. And we know what I've figured there is a relationship.
28-11-2022 16:28
(14389)
James__, does your Bessler wheel make a full rotation yet?
01-12-2023 00:12
James_
★★★★★
(2225)
One aspect of Bessler's Wheel might become known as attempts at human trafficking. And with my having been cyber bullied and cyber stalked I'll state it as attempts at human trafficking.
This will make using the internet to control another person will be viewed as human trafficking. When Christians said they can't let me have a life because of their beliefs, that is human trafficking.
Someone attacking me because of my woodworking, that is human trafficking.
Was there a person named Johann Bessler? There was just as there was a person named Jesus. Should it be okay to attack me because I consider a person's legacy?
It's not.
Of course Alan Bauldree of Homer, Louisiana is a perpetual motion God. And as such he states that perpetual motion is impossible. He is also a respected wood worker. And what Alan Bauldree of Homer, Louisiana might become known for is showing where Isaac Newton and the Royal Society of England were possibly trying to steal Gottfried Leibniz's work in calculus.
Gottfried Leibniz was one of the people who defended Bessler. And when Alan Bauldree of Homer, Louisiana wanted to be famous, he will probably become infamous because when someone doesn't care to do the work...........
Attached image:

01-12-2023 21:37
James_
★★★★★
(2225)
With a working wheel I'll be able to say that the energy gravity has can also be conserved as the spin of a molecule of gas in the atmosphere. This might get into why water moves into the atmosphere as vapor when it takes a lot of energy to convert water into a gas. Yet when water becomes a vapor in the atmosphere, it's getting energy from somewhere.
One example is lake effect snow. How does all of that moisture get in the air? This would be an example of momentum dictating thermodynamics. And a working wheel might be comparable to atmospheric gasses and how they are influenced by gravity.
02-12-2023 02:26
James_
★★★★★
(2225)
A quick video I made about progress I am making on my build.
https://youtu.be/0d73v8i2WKE
02-12-2023 04:11
James_
★★★★★
(2225)
I'll need to make some parts like these as well as parts without the rectangle.
Then I'll have supports for holding the levers steady when I add a 23º bend near
the middle of the long levers. This should allow for maximum lift with this design.
What's shown is a block of 4 parts. I'll need to get the most out of the wood that I have and this might be the way to do it. Just another way math and design engineering tools help me to be productive.
Attached image:

02-12-2023 05:52
James_
★★★★★
(2225)
With the Peacock's Tails I might need to get 4 - 1/2 x 2 x 24 oak boards to
give them solid support. Then I could use rigging so I'll have lines that will help to keep them in the upright position. What I'll need to remember is that the levers hoisting the weights will help to keep the tails evenly spaced.
A working wheel will be considered as a gravity powered engine. By maintaining this mindset I was able to consider it as something that would generate energy if
properly built. It is also nice seeing the tails being mounted. This helps me to consider what I need to do. I am hoping to have the wheel mostly complete by Monday. If all goes well then Saxony, Germany will see their Christmas present from me in time for Christmas.
Attached image:

Edited on 02-12-2023 05:54
02-12-2023 17:37
James_
★★★★★
(2225)
This is nice to see. I'm getting more subscribers and am close to passing 400.
I think being able to build a little quicker will make new videos more meaningful.
My most recent video was only 43 seconds long but it showed where I am at with my building. It is nice having people appreciate my work.
Attached image:

03-12-2023 04:08
James_
★★★★★
(2225)
Tomorrow I hope to make the parts I'll need to finish the levers for the hoists/cams
on Bessler's Wheel. Then I can stain them and have them mounted on Monday. I'll
also need to consider how I'm going to reinforce the supports for the Peacock's Tails. That will leave the weight wheels and the skids that will move over the roller assemblies to do.
Then I can get back to my build. Gears will work better than long tabs but it might be a good source of energy for piping water inland. This would mean that no grid, solar panels or wind turbines would be needed.
Some links to water shortages in the U.S. The U.S. population is also expected to grow by about 100 million people over the next 25 years.

In decades past, the High Plains may have been reassured by the steady presence of the Ogallala Aquifer beneath the surface, able to nurture, produce and slake the thirst of the region's cities. Still, its lifespan – and the confidence it provides – is waning.
According to researchers from Stanford University, West Texas A&M University, and others, up to 40% of Ogallala will be unable to support irrigated crop production within the next 80 years. Other studies have even more dire news, projecting that the entire aquifer will be 70% depleted within the next 50 years.

It isn't a matter of if, according to researchers, but when the communities supported by Ogallala will need to adjust away from that reliance. In fact, it's a matter of 'now.' Yet, after decades of abundance that has woven the aquifer into the fabric of life on the High Plains, that idea can be hard to fathom.
https://www.myhighplains.com/water-and-drought-on-the-high-plains/the-ogallala-aquifer-when-will-the-wells-run-dry-what-then/

And then there's...

The last three years have been the driest in the instrumental record and the multi-year deficits in precipitation have been compounded by "increased crop evaporative demands" according to the report. Researchers on the report — which included authors from UC Merced, UC Davis, and the Public Policy Institute of California — found that the state's irrigated farmland shrunk by nearly 10% which totals 752,000 acres of farmland.

As for the jobs, the extreme drought conditions have led to more than 19,000 jobs lost between the food processing and crop sectors in 2022.
https://www.cbsnews.com/sacramento/news/california-farmland-shrinking-years-long-severe-drought/

Attached image:

03-12-2023 05:31
James_
★★★★★
(2225)
Basic PM theory states that an overbalanced weight dropping as much as the weights it lifts cancels out that work. That leaves the other 87% of the drop to consider. Can that perform work as well?
And this is how theories and null hypothesis are tested. The attached drawing suggests that the net torque in the red area to the right cancels out the lift. It
might be that simple. One weight drops as much as the height 2 other weights
are lifted.
How to work out the mechanics? That's where engineering comes into play.
Attached image:

Page 1 of 3123>

Join the debate Perpetual Motion:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Watching the Train Wreck in Slow Motion92308-04-2024 15:53
Perpetual Motion Isn't Possible12031-12-2023 13:00
LOL, this video is of a Bessler Wheel demonstrating a complete lack of perpetual motion011-12-2023 20:44
If Only Perpetual Motion Was Possible 424-10-2023 23:19
Perpetual Motion025-03-2023 04:08
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact