Remember me
▼ Content

Percentages



Page 1 of 4123>>>
Percentages25-04-2020 01:49
duncan61
★★★☆☆
(636)
Can anyone deny this factoid.The CO2 in the atmosphere is .004% nature makes 97% Australia is responsible for 1.3-1.5% of the 3% manmade carbon emmisions.Interesting math and yet people here are all messed up about there Carbon footprint.
25-04-2020 02:02
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(7516)
duncan61 wrote: Can anyone deny this factoid.The CO2 in the atmosphere is .004% nature makes 97% Australia is responsible for 1.3-1.5% of the 3% manmade carbon emmisions.Interesting math and yet people here are all messed up about there Carbon footprint.

Being that your assertion is completely unverifiable and unmeasurable, your conclusions are completely unfalsifiable, i.e. no, I cannot prove it false.

However, its unfalsifiability renders it unacceptable, i.e. I'm not buying it.


.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
25-04-2020 08:58
Amanbir GrewalProfile picture★☆☆☆☆
(123)
some people study real real hard in school.

i mean they can work the damn machine and harvester like a man.


36 bishops, 3 wheel-barrows and one over smart SHERLOCK in the marsh billow.


THAT SHERLOCK!


for a bunch of danes dependent on a silly gulf stream and stolen potatoes, you make a lot of deal about whose property that machine is.

that is if Australia is run by LONDON BANKS!


AUGUST COMTE AN EMPLOYED SOCIALIST BEFORE A PANEL OTHERWISE A SIMPLE PLANNER OF GUISES AND POTIONS
25-04-2020 21:48
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3377)
duncan61 wrote:...CO2 in the atmosphere is .004%...
Little off there, it's .04% which is .0004 of the total.
Monthly Average Mauna Loa CO 2
March 2020: 414.50 ppm
1 ppm = 1/10,000 of 1% or 0.000001
So that is 0.0004145
or 0.04145%
The argument you're making is basically one of "close enough" right? This huge planet can absorb small changes without much worry is the thinking. I'm no expert by here is some representation of the math:
link and it does show that a small change in CO2 would cause a significant increase in mean temp. Happy to debate it with you.

IBdaMann wrote:...your assertion is completely unverifiable and unmeasurable, ...
All in the name of "NOTHING CAN BE KNOWN!" yet sometimes Duncan, these guys forget and know things. Here's ITN spouting off about VENUS with confidence:link
Into the Night wrote:In the case of Venus, that atmosphere has almost no hydrogen in it at all.
Into the Night wrote:The Venusian atmosphere is almost all CO2.
Into the Night wrote:The surface pressure is 90 times the surface pressure on Earth.
Into the Night wrote:...the high temperatures of Venus.
from:
the DATA MINE
AND it is ITN you presented the Mauna Loa CO2 data as a model in that very thread. The primary source for what you've claimed here and what IBD has dismissed as unfounded.

It's just a joke with these guys.

"Good tests kill flawed theories; we remain alive to guess again." - Karl Popper
ITN/IBD Fraud exposed:  The 2nd LTD add on claiming radiance from cooler bodies can't be absorbed Max Planck debunks, they can't explain:net-thermal-radiation-you-in-a-room-as-a-reference & Proof: no data is valid for IBD or ITN
Edited on 25-04-2020 21:54
26-04-2020 01:20
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13495)
tmiddles wrote:...deleted Mantras 25g...4b...29c...25f...20a1...4f...29...6...30...4c...29...

No argument presented. RQAA.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
26-04-2020 01:43
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(7516)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:...your assertion is completely unverifiable and unmeasurable, ...
All in the name of "NOTHING CAN BE KNOWN!"


This is cheating. You have already used this misrepresentation of my position multiple times so you don't get credit for yesterday. You need to come up with something else.

Stuff can be known. Ask me how I know.


.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
26-04-2020 03:17
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3377)
IBdaMann wrote:
Stuff can be known.
give an example.
26-04-2020 03:25
duncan61
★★★☆☆
(636)
Good link Tmiddles the consideration is as CO2 in the atmosphere increases its effect diminishes.It will plateau and have less effect it does not automaticaly keep doubling the effect.I do not know the correct terminology so in laymans terms as the CO2 molecule absorbs dare I say the energy it goes up and into space with the energy.This was my understanding of the lecture I watched.My big deal is the panic which a small amount of people are demonstrating over things that are not true however people are people so I can deal with it as long as we dont turn of the power.I am going to go find the name of the scientist who was the chair for the IPCC on sea level and start a new thread
26-04-2020 04:15
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3377)
duncan61 wrote:
... as CO2 in the atmosphere increases its effect diminishes...
yeah I know what youre refering to though I don't understand it myself yet. FYI I am a copy paste guy and only understand some stuff. This is a link I don't get yet:
https://www.skepticalscience.com/saturated-co2-effect.htm

Just to help move things along.

"Saturation" of an effect is certainly intuitive. But reduced doesnt mean inconsequential necessarily.
26-04-2020 05:03
duncan61
★★★☆☆
(636)
I have been moderated off SkS for asking questions and believe it is a site dedicated to exploring the effects of AGW/GW at their version of Science.I still follow it and every now and then new posters join and discover that asking questions is not the way it works for them.All their faith is based on the science my issue is the reality.I am learning the claim of wild weather because of human activity is simply not true and sea levels are not being affected at all but if you dare question this you are out.Regards CO2 which seems to be the big deal I have no trouble accepting it dissipates and varies all over the planet.I also have no trouble with 24 hours of a Volcano going of it spews more stuff into the Atmosphere than mankind ever has.I remember the Iceland one grounding all the planes in Europe because of all the stuff it spewed out as I was due to fly to England and lots of people were stranded in Singapore for weeks.My partner at the time was all for lets see how far we get but I had things to do and it gave me time to get more organized once again I made the best of the situation.My concern is the extreme claims being made like tipping points in 10 years and some claim its to late already.
26-04-2020 06:52
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3377)
duncan61 wrote:
I have been moderated off SkS ...their faith is based on the science my issue is the reality....
I would say it's accurate that SkS is not neutral on this subject at all. They are debating, hard, against arguments made elsewhere. I don't see a problem with this. It's not a debate forum it is a debater.

You saying you take reality over science I take to mean you are looking at the tangible evidence available to you first and not allowing theoretical arguments to override what you see? Is that about right?
26-04-2020 09:29
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(7516)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Stuff can be known.
give an example.

I am drinking coffee.


.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
26-04-2020 09:40
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3377)
IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Stuff can be known.
give an example.

I am drinking coffee.

Nothing relevant to the topics of the board?

Anything at all. Can ANYTHING be known in these debates according to you.

Cracking jokes is always welcome with just about anything so no criticism on that front from me.
26-04-2020 09:45
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(7516)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Stuff can be known.
give an example.

I am drinking coffee.

Nothing relevant to the topics of the board?

Yes, confriming that stuff can be known is germane to all topics on this board, and it dispatches your silly lie that nothing can be known.

Do you now agree that stuff can be known?


.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
26-04-2020 13:44
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3377)
IBdaMann wrote:
Do you now agree that stuff can be known?


Of course and almost never with infinite precision or with 100% certainty. We can be very confident of a great deal.

Take the temperature of Denver for instance. While it cannot be know with complete precision it is most certainly known by those in Denver as I write this.

You refused to acknowledge that we can be confident of the temperature of VENUS though we have measured it directly and repeatedly, to within a 300C margin of error.

So what do you consider reliable information. What is "vetted" data as you described it in another thread?

ITN presented the Mauna Loa CO2 data in the DATA MINE and I believe you presently consider that to be unreliable? So what's reliable for you?
26-04-2020 18:37
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13495)
tmiddles wrote:...deleted Mantras 25j...25c...25c...25g...29...4c...29...


No argument presented. RQAA.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
27-04-2020 02:27
duncan61
★★★☆☆
(636)
tmiddles wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
I have been moderated off SkS ...their faith is based on the science my issue is the reality....
I would say it's accurate that SkS is not neutral on this subject at all. They are debating, hard, against arguments made elsewhere. I don't see a problem with this. It's not a debate forum it is a debater.

You saying you take reality over science I take to mean you are looking at the tangible evidence available to you first and not allowing theoretical arguments to override what you see? Is that about right?

That is exactly where I am at.All the SkS stuff is based on the potential of the scientific studies.I have seen no evidence of any predictions in reality.Sea levels not changing weather not changing etc


duncan61
27-04-2020 02:59
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(7516)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote: Do you now agree that stuff can be known?
Of course and almost never with infinite precision or with 100% certainty.

Great. You are half way there.

Let's work on teaching you that there are things that are NOT known to any usable accuracy ... or at all. I realize this bursts bubbles of perceived omniscience, but the reason that you are wrong virtually all the time is that you base your arguments on that which is not known to any usable accuracy under the pretense that it is "what we know." This builds an inherent contradiction into all such arguments and causes virtually all of your conclusions, all of your opinions, all of your beliefs and all of your claims to be summarily rejected and dismissed.

So let's start by closing our eyes, relaxing, taking a deep breath and slowly repeating ...

"there are some things we just don't know"
"there are some things we just don't know"
"there are some things we just don't know"
"there are some things we just don't know"
"there are some things we just don't know"
"there are some things we just don't know"
...
"there are some things we just don't know" ... until the wisdom sinks in.

THEN we can work on you forming arguments that are not based on what is not known.


.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
Attached image:

27-04-2020 04:47
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3377)
duncan61 wrote:
All the SkS stuff is based on the potential of the scientific studies.I have seen no evidence of any predictions in reality.Sea levels not changing weather not changing etc
My understanding so far is that the theory defended by SKS doesn't have much consequential evidence to support it. The "big consequences" would all be years away.

Not unlike the first warnings about Covid-19 though. Or Y2K.
The warnings were spot on with Covid, Y2K was a false alarm.

Sometimes the nature of a very serious issue precludes their beinh dramatic evidence on hand the day a decision must be made. That dorsn't mean it's BS though.

IBdaMann wrote:
...there are things that are NOT known to any usable accuracy ... or at all. ...
And what are they? How about you contrast them with things we do know?

You just said a whole lot of nothing but IT CANNOT BE KNOWN!

I got that the first 100 times you said it. Your cognative impotence has been long since noted.

"Good tests kill flawed theories; we remain alive to guess again." - Karl Popper
ITN/IBD Fraud exposed:  The 2nd LTD add on claiming radiance from cooler bodies can't be absorbed Max Planck debunks, they can't explain:net-thermal-radiation-you-in-a-room-as-a-reference & Proof: no data is valid for IBD or ITN
Edited on 27-04-2020 04:52
27-04-2020 05:07
keepit
★★★★☆
(1705)
ibd,
You don't seem like an american to me ibd, not that there's anything wrong with that.

By the way ibd. Re: semantics.
Look at the example of a chemical equation. One person wants to call the reaction "such and such" and another person wants to call it "this and that". But the chemical reaction doesn't care what it is called, it's gonna do what it's gonna do.
That's why i ignore your endless semantic arguments, Besides, it's just part of your disinformation plan.
27-04-2020 16:08
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(7516)
keepit wrote:That's why i ignore your endless semantic arguments, Besides, it's just part of your disinformation plan.

I see you are joining keepit in pretending to not understand what semantics are. This is why you are normally dismissed well before your entire post is read.


.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
28-04-2020 00:37
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13495)
tmiddles wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
All the SkS stuff is based on the potential of the scientific studies.I have seen no evidence of any predictions in reality.Sea levels not changing weather not changing etc
My understanding so far is that the theory defended by SKS doesn't have much consequential evidence to support it. The "big consequences" would all be years away.

Pre conclusion. Circular argument. Pascal's Wager fallacy.
tmiddles wrote:
Not unlike the first warnings about Covid-19 though.
Or Y2K.
The warnings were spot on with Covid, Y2K was a false alarm.

Covid is a false alarm. Y2K was not.

* An infection rate of 0.00135% is not significant. (Source: CDC)
* A death rate of 0.000273% is not significant. (Source: CDC)
* N95 masks do not stop a virus. (Source: N95 specifications)
* 6 feet does not stop a virus.

Y2K was caused by old code using 2 digit years in their accounting. That code was all fixed by the time Y2K came around, with some notable exceptions:
* automated weather stations went offline, as they attempted to shift to Dec 32, 1999. Resetting them fixed it. Meh.
* the Star Trek fan club web site went offline due to server crash related to Y2K. Stardate: ????

* the WWV website used to display the world standard time coordinate information crashed due to Y2K (how embarrising!).
* a couple of State Department of motor vehicles computers started issuing licenses with expirations in 1910 and the like.
* the FAA started issuing flight plan tickets to ATC for flights intending to arrive at their destinations sometime during Jan 1st, 1900. Guess how fast that one got fixed!
ATC operators had a good laugh over that one!

Fortunately, the Y2K failures that did occur were mostly cosmetic, and several of them did have some entertaining results!


tmiddles wrote:
Sometimes the nature of a very serious issue precludes their beinh dramatic evidence on hand the day a decision must be made. That dorsn't mean it's BS though.

Pascal's Wager fallacy.
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
...there are things that are NOT known to any usable accuracy ... or at all. ...
And what are they? How about you contrast them with things we do know?

You just said a whole lot of nothing but IT CANNOT BE KNOWN!

I got that the first 100 times you said it. Your cognative impotence has been long since noted.

RQAA.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
Edited on 28-04-2020 00:40
28-04-2020 07:41
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3377)
Into the Night wrote:
* An infection rate of 0.00135% is not significant. (Source: CDC)
That information appears nowhere on the CDC website. You are presenting a false reference. That is dishonest and reprehensible.

Into the Night wrote:
* A death rate of 0.000273% is not significant. (Source: CDC)
Again you are misrepresenting the CDC. Provide a link or admit you are a liar.

Into the Night wrote:
* N95 masks do not stop a virus. (Source: N95 specifications)
* 6 feet does not stop a virus.
This is the confusion in which less than 100% is considered to be nothing at all. You're right ITN they are not 100% effective but they are very effective.

What if I said banning muslims won't stop a mulsim terrorist from getting into the country? Did that make Trump a fool for calling for it on national television?

"Good tests kill flawed theories; we remain alive to guess again." - Karl Popper
ITN/IBD Fraud exposed:  The 2nd LTD add on claiming radiance from cooler bodies can't be absorbed Max Planck debunks, they can't explain:net-thermal-radiation-you-in-a-room-as-a-reference & Proof: no data is valid for IBD or ITN
Edited on 28-04-2020 07:42
28-04-2020 13:44
duncan61
★★★☆☆
(636)
My older brother was the second in command at the main Perth police station as a programmer and he sat there at midnight when the system crashed he fixed it.Y2K did happen but we were prepared.AGW/CC is not happening and we do not need to be prepared because I said so
28-04-2020 16:38
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(7516)
tmiddles wrote: That information appears nowhere on the CDC website.

What did Into the Night claim as the source of figures, the CDC or the CDC website?

This would be a great time to admit that you are hopelessly relegated to nothing but the internet, presuming that if you read it on the internet that it must be true and that if it cannot be accessed on the internet then "It cannot be known".

L O S E R

Have you tried picking up a phone and calling the CDC?


.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
28-04-2020 17:53
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13495)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
* An infection rate of 0.00135% is not significant. (Source: CDC)
That information appears nowhere on the CDC website. You are presenting a false reference. That is dishonest and reprehensible.

Fallacy fallacy. Inversion fallacy. Mantras 29...17...
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
* A death rate of 0.000273% is not significant. (Source: CDC)
Again you are misrepresenting the CDC. Provide a link or admit you are a liar.

Mantras 29...17...
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
* N95 masks do not stop a virus. (Source: N95 specifications)
* 6 feet does not stop a virus.
This is the confusion in which less than 100% is considered to be nothing at all.

Mantras 25j...29...23...
tmiddles wrote:
You're right ITN they are not 100% effective but they are very effective.

No, they are not effective at all. Zero. Nada. Nothing. Nan. All they do is make you look like a hypochondriac dork.
tmiddles wrote:
What if I said banning muslims won't stop a mulsim terrorist from getting into the country?

It doesn't. TMSb4.
tmiddles wrote:
Did that make Trump a fool for calling for it on national television?

He didn't. TMSb4. Mantras 29...16c....

No argument presented. RQAA.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
28-04-2020 18:02
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13495)
duncan61 wrote:
My older brother was the second in command at the main Perth police station as a programmer and he sat there at midnight when the system crashed he fixed it.Y2K did happen but we were prepared.AGW/CC is not happening and we do not need to be prepared because I said so


Just as I was monitoring my own systems at that hour. Fortunately, I didn't have to fix anything because I didn't write code that way to begin with. They based their timekeeping on the Unix system clock. That clock at the time would overrun in 2037, but that has already been fixed in Unix. It won't overrun now until the current machines it's running on will turn to dust (some 3.6*10^12 years away).


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
28-04-2020 18:09
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3377)
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
You're right ITN they are not 100% effective but they are very effective.

No, they are not effective at all. Zero. Nada. Nothing. Nan. All they do is make you look like a hypochondriac dork.
Curious why do you think doctors bother wearing masks and there is such a fuss about getting enough of them?

Gloves dont work either right?
28-04-2020 18:12
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13495)
IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote: That information appears nowhere on the CDC website.

What did Into the Night claim as the source of figures, the CDC or the CDC website?

This would be a great time to admit that you are hopelessly relegated to nothing but the internet, presuming that if you read it on the internet that it must be true and that if it cannot be accessed on the internet then "It cannot be known".

L O S E R

Have you tried picking up a phone and calling the CDC?


.


The figures in question are the infection rates and death rates provided by the CDC (and on their website, you have to do a little digging to get the data now, since they are reorganizing their site). The population figures are from the last census information.

Whether it's true or not is another question.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
28-04-2020 18:15
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3377)
Into the Night wrote:
The population figures are from the last census information.
So your denominator is the entire US population?

And you called the CDC on the phone to get this? IBD is serious?
28-04-2020 18:30
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13495)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
You're right ITN they are not 100% effective but they are very effective.

No, they are not effective at all. Zero. Nada. Nothing. Nan. All they do is make you look like a hypochondriac dork.
Curious why do you think doctors bother wearing masks and there is such a fuss about getting enough of them?

Gloves dont work either right?


Doctors normally don't. They are wearing them now due to government edict.

Masks are normally used only in the surgery room. They do not stop a virus or a bacterium. They do, however, prevent blood spatters and other gunk from the patient from getting on the doctor. The gloves provide the same protection. It's for the doctor and other crew doing the surgery, not the patient.

The surgery room is cleaned before each surgery, the linens are fresh, and the instruments are sterilized, either by steam or by UV light. The doctor and crew wash their hands before entering surgery. The gloves do not stop a virus. They are changed between patients to prevent cross blood contamination.

Masks and gloves are normally not worn anywhere else in the hospital (unless a doctor wants to stick his finger up somewhere disgusting).

EMTs do not use anything but gloves, for pretty much the same reasons.

It is washing the hands that help prevent infection to the patient, not the gloves or the mask.
If a patient does go septic, it can be treated, usually with antibiotics. That can happen when the patients own bacteria gets into the wrong place and is not cleaned up, or if gauze or something was left in the patient when the wound was closed. They are normally very careful about that, so that kind of problem is extremely rare.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
28-04-2020 18:31
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13495)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
The population figures are from the last census information.
So your denominator is the entire US population?

And you called the CDC on the phone to get this? IBD is serious?


RQAA.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
28-04-2020 20:57
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3377)
Into the Night wrote:
Doctors normally don't.
So doctors who are complaining that they don't have masks, because they need them, are liars?
28-04-2020 23:39
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13495)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Doctors normally don't.
So doctors who are complaining that they don't have masks, because they need them, are liars?


RQAA.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
29-04-2020 00:04
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3377)
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Doctors normally don't.
So doctors who are complaining that they don't have masks, because they need them, are liars?


RQAA.
As in you said they were Liars.

Interesting.

That's a whole lot of Doctors who are shameless liars according to you.
29-04-2020 01:08
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(7516)
tmiddles wrote: Interesting.

Uh oh, ... I sense a gross tmiddles-style misrepresentation coming on.

tmiddles wrote:That's a whole lot of Doctors who are shameless liars according to you.

Into the Night has already addressed this misrepresentation of yours. This is a repeat on your part, as if you have not already gone there and got smacked down.

Doctors have no control over hospital administrations/management who, as you acknowledge, are operating under heavy political pressure and financial incentives/repercussions.


.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
29-04-2020 01:17
keepit
★★★★☆
(1705)
ibd, itn, gfm,
You guys put on this constant stream of disinformation but there are so few people on this website listening and even fewer believing you. What is your purpose? It seems futile to me. I know my reason for staying here - i learn from the exchanges/arguments because i look up references (mostly wiki) to understand the issue. Why all the effort when almost noone is listening?
29-04-2020 01:27
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(7516)
keepit, you put on this constant stream of disinformation and you know that there are so few people on this website believing you. What is your purpose? It seems futile to me. I know my reason for staying here - I learn from the exchanges/arguments, because I look up references where I work to understand the issue in its entirety. Why all the effort when almost noone is listening to you?

... and why do you throw yourself into a death-panic at what I say if, as you believe, there are so few people listening to me?

.
Attached image:

29-04-2020 03:22
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13495)
tmiddles wrote:...deleted lie...Mantra 30...4f...


No argument presented.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
29-04-2020 03:26
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(13495)
keepit wrote:
ibd, itn, gfm,
You guys put on this constant stream of disinformation

What disinformation?
keepit wrote:
but there are so few people on this website listening and even fewer believing you.

You don't get to speak for anyone but you.
keepit wrote:
What is your purpose?

Don't Panic. Return the government to the constitution. RQAA.
keepit wrote:
It seems futile to me. I know my reason for staying here - i learn from the exchanges/arguments because i look up references (mostly wiki) to understand the issue.

Lie. False authority fallacy. You have no intention of learning anything.
keepit wrote:
Why all the effort when almost no one is listening?

You don't get to speak for everyone. You only get to speak for you.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit
Page 1 of 4123>>>





Join the debate Percentages:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact