Remember me
▼ Content

Pandemic

Pandemic11-03-2020 19:45
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
According to CNBC WHO just declared the novel corona virus, covid19, a pandemic.
See my thread called "A bit of good news".
11-03-2020 19:59
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
keepit wrote:
According to CNBC WHO just declared the novel corona virus, covid19, a pandemic.

According to IBDaMann, the declaration of a pandemic was declared "IGNORED."

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
11-03-2020 20:12
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
Weel, they can call it what ever they want, but essentially, it's just another cold virus. The new cases, are from a greater capacity to run tests. Next couple weeks, it should grow and spread, at biblical proportions. The pale horseman of the apocalypse, Pestilence, hasn't been busy, just more people getting tested. It's been out of China and spreading, maybe as early as Oct. 2019. China waited 4-6 weeks, before actually admitting they had a problem, restricted travel, and locked down cities. Little too late, incubation period is 14 days. Vast majority people who get infected, feel like a mild cold. How many people cancel international travel plans, over a mild cold? Until the media hype, how many people were denied travel, because of a cold?
11-03-2020 21:26
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
Honestly, the irrational fear surrounding the virus (such as the rush for masks, toilet paper, rushing to the ER for fear of having it, and etc.) is doing much more damage than the virus itself is doing.
12-03-2020 01:55
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21582)
keepit wrote:

So, WHO calls 10,000 cases in a world of 7.7 billion people a 'pandemic', eh?

Sounds like WHO is in full scale pointless panic mode.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
12-03-2020 01:56
(21582)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Weel, they can call it what ever they want, but essentially, it's just another cold virus. The new cases, are from a greater capacity to run tests. Next couple weeks, it should grow and spread, at biblical proportions. The pale horseman of the apocalypse, Pestilence, hasn't been busy, just more people getting tested. It's been out of China and spreading, maybe as early as Oct. 2019. China waited 4-6 weeks, before actually admitting they had a problem, restricted travel, and locked down cities. Little too late, incubation period is 14 days. Vast majority people who get infected, feel like a mild cold. How many people cancel international travel plans, over a mild cold? Until the media hype, how many people were denied travel, because of a cold?

It is a flu virus, not a cold virus. Covid 19 is just a variant of the SARS virus that went around before.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
12-03-2020 01:59
(21582)
gfm7175 wrote:
Honestly, the irrational fear surrounding the virus (such as the rush for masks, toilet paper, rushing to the ER for fear of having it, and etc.) is doing much more damage than the virus itself is doing.

The rush for masks, hand sanitizer, and toilet paper, is economy. The economy in these products is remarkably improved, even to the point that supply is very limited now for masks and hand sanitizer.

Clogging up the ER with bogus fear like this doesn't help though. It's bad enough clogging up the ER with illegal Mexicans.

The Parrot Killer

12-03-2020 02:01
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Epidemiologists try to think dynamically, not in a static manner. They think of risk as a risk in the future. Risk now is just talking about today's number illnesses.
12-03-2020 03:23
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
keepit wrote:

It's possible that the medications needed to treat this virus are in short supply. One is for AIDS. What would happen if those people couldn't get their medication because it's used to treat Covid19?
12-03-2020 04:11
(21582)
keepit wrote:
Epidemiologists try to think dynamically, not in a static manner. They think of risk as a risk in the future. Risk now is just talking about today's number illnesses.

Pascals Wager fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

12-03-2020 04:22
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
ITN,
You don't believe the epidemiologists?
12-03-2020 06:17
(21582)
keepit wrote:
ITN,
You don't believe the epidemiologists?

It is YOU that made the fallacy. You can't blame anyone else but YOU. Mantra 16c.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 12-03-2020 06:17
12-03-2020 09:22
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

It is a flu virus, not a cold virus. Covid 19 is just a variant of the SARS virus that went around before.

It's a respiratory infection, no vomiting, cold virus... But it does bring up an interesting point, the government, the media, both, have avoided classifying it as either. Guess they want that heightened level of panic. Calling it a cold, kind of makes it a non-issue. I haven't heard of any symptoms beyond the respiratory tract, and it should be clearly classified as a cold virus. There are at least two other coronaviruses classified as cold viruses.
12-03-2020 11:01
(21582)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

It's a respiratory infection, no vomiting, cold virus... But it does bring up an interesting point, the government, the media, both, have avoided classifying it as either. Guess they want that heightened level of panic. Calling it a cold, kind of makes it a non-issue. I haven't heard of any symptoms beyond the respiratory tract, and it should be clearly classified as a cold virus. There are at least two other coronaviruses classified as cold viruses.

It is classified as a flu, and a variant of SARS.

The Parrot Killer

Join the debate Pandemic:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Climate Change + Pandemic + Gun Rocket War + Economy Money = Divine World Solution028-12-2023 05:09
The Best Public Way To End The COVID Pandemic Is Using Climate Change Reason625-04-2023 19:50
Get vaccinated, so we can end this pandemic quickly?1629-11-2021 19:12
The Virus Pandemic COVID War Is About Society Life System Evolution, Not About Human Health3119-09-2021 19:46
The Fastest Way To End The Virus Pandemic Is Using The North Korea Strategy, Policy & Environment010-08-2021 03:22
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact