Remember me
▼ Content

Overpopulation - How not to solve the problem.

Page 3 of 4<1234>
01-11-2015 22:50
Totototo
★☆☆☆☆
(117)
@Into the Night - Interesting, thanks for answering.

Another question. IF overpopulation were to become a huge source of trouble in the future, what would be a possible solution? Or maybe it's a self-solving issue?
02-11-2015 00:19
trafnProfile picture★★★☆☆
(779)
@Into the Night - you wrote Now whether you believe in a God or not (evolution presupposes certain urges as well), these rights or urges exist. To deny them to someone only invites revolt or at the least a clandestine activity which will eventually lead to a revolt.

You wrote this in reference to "Natural Law."

So let me see if I get this right. You advocate thinking with your dick instead of your brain.

PS - God is a homosexual.

The 2015 M2C2 (Global 9/11) Denialist Troll Awards

1st Place - Jep Branner - Our Stupid Administrator!
2nd Place - IBdaMann - Science IS cherry picking!
3rd Place - Into the Night - Mr. Nonsense numbers!
4th Place - Tim the plumber - The Drivel Queen!
02-11-2015 00:24
(779)
@Into the night - you wrote This use of removing a child is simply because of the violation of an arbitrary limit on family size set by the government. You are confusing the two. It is you that is confusing the conversation.

There was nothing arbitrary about it. Jakob clearly stated that the child was removed if the mother did not have the means to support it when he wrote In Denmark if at women has a child but no income the social worker may tell her that if she breeds another child they will take the first child away from her.

Wow, you will stop at nothing to spin things toward your twisted point of view.

02-11-2015 00:27
(779)
@Tim the plumber - you wrote Being reasonably wealthy is generally the best way to ensure that families don't become huge.

Said like a true Reaganite. What is this: trickle-down birth control?

It takes a lot of poor people to make a rich person. (a trafnism!)

02-11-2015 00:31
(779)
@Into the Night - you wrote And what has this to do with any discussion of overpopulation? Are you trying to turn this into a religion discussion instead?

Because people like you Into the Night (see his Who's Who profile) like to use faith-based religious bullshit as a counterpoint to scientific discourse. I just thought you'd like to know that you worship a fag.*

* - though "fag" is a derogatory word, I use it here as it is the preferred terminology of faith-based extremist like Fred Phelps of Westboro Baptisit Church, and I just wanted to phrase it in a way you were familiar with.

02-11-2015 00:34
(779)
@Into the Night - you wrote You failed to answer the first question. What happens to the kidnap victim in Denmark?

You continued attacks against Jakob only prove how much you need a moderator to help you learn how to post like an adult. How about joining Sharing Ideas?

02-11-2015 00:37
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14406)
trafn wrote: Said like a true Reaganite. What is this: trickle-down birth control?

Whoa there partner; stepping out of your league, aren't you?

As a Marxist, you should probably leave economics to those who don't need medication to keep from having autocratic seizures of despotism.

It takes many productive people to make a successful board that can be ruined by one single solitary Marxist. [/quote]

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
02-11-2015 01:08
(779)
@IBdaMann - since you continue to use your standard troll tactics, I think it's worth asking here in this thread as well:

My profile - trafn

Your profile - IBdaMann

Notice any difference?

Care to tell us what your background is in science?

02-11-2015 02:33
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21597)
Totototo wrote:
@Into the Night - Interesting, thanks for answering.

Another question. IF overpopulation were to become a huge source of trouble in the future, what would be a possible solution? Or maybe it's a self-solving issue?

That's a fair question. It is also a big IF.

I think it would be a self solving issue as competition for resources would take their natural toll. I also think we are a great long way from anything like that.
02-11-2015 02:36
(21597)
trafn wrote:
@Into the Night - you wrote Now whether you believe in a God or not (evolution presupposes certain urges as well), these rights or urges exist. To deny them to someone only invites revolt or at the least a clandestine activity which will eventually lead to a revolt.

You wrote this in reference to "Natural Law."

So let me see if I get this right. You advocate thinking with your dick instead of your brain.

PS - God is a homosexual.

Ad hominem. Attempted redirection to off topic subject. Curb your anger, dude.
02-11-2015 02:42
(21597)
trafn wrote:
@Into the night - you wrote This use of removing a child is simply because of the violation of an arbitrary limit on family size set by the government. You are confusing the two. It is you that is confusing the conversation.

There was nothing arbitrary about it. Jakob clearly stated that the child was removed if the mother did not have the means to support it when he wrote In Denmark if at women has a child but no income the social worker may tell her that if she breeds another child they will take the first child away from her.

Wow, you will stop at nothing to spin things toward your twisted point of view.

I think you are missing the phrase "...if she breeds another child...". If true, the government of Denmark has placed an arbitrary limit of one child per family if a women has no income.
02-11-2015 02:47
(21597)
trafn wrote:
@Into the Night - you wrote And what has this to do with any discussion of overpopulation? Are you trying to turn this into a religion discussion instead?

Because people like you Into the Night (see his Who's Who profile) like to use faith-based religious bullshit as a counterpoint to scientific discourse. I just thought you'd like to know that you worship a fag.*

* - though "fag" is a derogatory word, I use it here as it is the preferred terminology of faith-based extremist like Fred Phelps of Westboro Baptisit Church, and I just wanted to phrase it in a way you were familiar with.

Ad hominems ignored.

There is no scientific discourse when talking about population controls. It is a political discourse, even if you couch it with 'scientific studies'.
Edited on 02-11-2015 02:47
02-11-2015 02:48
Totototo
★☆☆☆☆
(117)
@Into the Night - Thanks for the answer.
02-11-2015 02:49
(21597)
trafn wrote:
@Into the Night - you wrote You failed to answer the first question. What happens to the kidnap victim in Denmark?

You continued attacks against Jakob only prove how much you need a moderator to help you learn how to post like an adult. How about joining Sharing Ideas?

Because I don't believe in letting someone as obviously biased as you to control the conversation.

Are you suggesting he answered the first question?
02-11-2015 02:51
(21597)
trafn wrote:
@IBdaMann - since you continue to use your standard troll tactics, I think it's worth asking here in this thread as well:

My profile - trafn

Your profile - IBdaMann

Notice any difference?

Care to tell us what your background is in science?

Is this relevant?
02-11-2015 16:06
(779)
@Into the Night - you wrote Is this relevant?

Absolutely.

Now, answer the question.

02-11-2015 19:31
Jakob
★★☆☆☆
(218)
­

@Tim the plumber

It is good for you to be optimistic I suppose.
But it may also be good to be prepared for less a happy future fairytale.
Instead of us mining from smart crafts not invented yet you could as well predict an asteroid colliding with earth and coursing huge GW.

@Into the Night

The danish mothers I know would never allow themselves to have another baby if it meant the first had to go.
I am sorry to hear if is different anywhere else.

Do you know any healthy women who would handle it differently..?

The victims are not one but two children if the mother cannot take care of them.
I am sure you have something like it in the USA.
I have seen Amys Court on TV.
But I also realize you are not the person to ask about it.

­
02-11-2015 19:33
(21597)
trafn wrote:
@Into the Night - you wrote Is this relevant?

Absolutely.

Now, answer the question.

What question? You wrote both 'profiles' in the Kiddie Pool!

You should probably be more careful. There are such things as slander laws in this country. You could find yourself on the wrong side of them by carelessly posting such material.

Here, people have ample opportunity to see what you are.

In spending so much time venting your hatred against others, you have made yourself irrelevant.
02-11-2015 19:55
(21597)
Jakob wrote:
­
@Into the Night

The danish mothers I know would never allow themselves to have another baby if it meant the first had to go.
I am sorry to hear if is different anywhere else.­

Perhaps. But that is out of fear isn't it? Fear of their own government.
Jakob wrote:
Do you know any healthy women who would handle it differently..?­

Yes. They would (and did) raise three children, even though she started with no income whatsoever. She later married a loving husband, and all three kids grew up happy and healthy. They are all gainfully employed (one start his own business and is doing quite well at it).
Jakob wrote:
The victims are not one but two children if the mother cannot take care of them.­

The victims are all of society if they live in fear of their own government to this degree.
The victims are those who never know what became of their brother or sister or their son or daughter. The victims are those who never knew what became of their mother.
Jakob wrote:
I am sure you have something like it in the USA.­

We are considerably less cold blooded about it than the Danes it would seem. We try to keep families together. We have assistance coming from community, church, and government programs to help these people. A child is only removed if their life is in danger from physical abuse.
Jakob wrote:
I have seen Amys Court on TV.­

This is not a real courtroom It is a work of fiction. Our courtrooms do not act like this.
Jakob wrote:
­

Then why did you bring it up?
02-11-2015 20:10
Jakob
★★☆☆☆
(218)
­

@Into the Night

In Denmark social workers are not allowed to hand over that kind of problems to any kind of a religious sect.
They often use family care.

Into the Night wrote:
Jakob wrote:
­

I am so sorry I was too late to correct it.
I wanted to say:

But I also realize you are not the person to be asked about it.

It was an answer and not a question.

­
02-11-2015 20:31
(779)
@Into the Night - you wrote You wrote both 'profiles' in the Kiddie Pool!

Check again, retard. They are posted in:

Climate-Debate.com > Discussion Forum > Debate about Climate-Debate.com > Who is who on Climate-debate.com

PS - you can't slander a retarded avitar. And by the way, douche bag, I'm just playing by your rules in the "Adult Pool."

02-11-2015 20:49
(14406)
trafn wrote:

Climate-Debate.com > Discussion Forum > Debate about Climate-Debate.com > Who is who on Climate-debate.com

PS - you can't slander a retarded avitar. And by the way, douche bag, I'm just playing by your rules in the "Adult Pool."

trafn, I'd appreciate your posts much more if you would occasionally take a break from the petty insults, the personal attacks and the spam to actually participate in a discussion on "climate" or some topic relevant to this board.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
02-11-2015 21:23
(779)
@IBdaMann - you wrote trafn, I'd appreciate your posts much more if you would occasionally take a break from the petty insults, the personal attacks and the spam to actually participate in a discussion on "climate" or some topic relevant to this board.

Wow, considering that's what I've been unsuccessfully asking you to do for over a month now, gee whiz, that would be great.

What would you like to talk about?

02-11-2015 21:43
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
trafn wrote:
@Tim the plumber - you wrote Being reasonably wealthy is generally the best way to ensure that families don't become huge.

Said like a true Reaganite. What is this: trickle-down birth control?

It takes a lot of poor people to make a rich person. (a trafnism!)

Given that you do not believe that wealth can be created, (He said that in a PM to me) you do not understand anything at all about economics.

I support some redistributive taxation such as large death taxes.

That has some small bearing on how to get the poor of the world out of starvation and into a position where the question is not when shall we next eat but is our daughter doing OK in school?
02-11-2015 21:50
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
Jakob wrote:
­
@Tim the plumber

It is good for you to be optimistic I suppose.
But it may also be good to be prepared for less a happy future fairytale.
Instead of us mining from smart crafts not invented yet you could as well predict an asteroid colliding with earth and coursing huge GW.­

The chance of an asteroid impact are the same today as they will be tomorrow and the same as they were a million years ago.

If I am at all right, however, the appearance of an asteroid on collision course in 30 years will not spark a panic but a race to get the thing claimed and redirected into a useful low orbit between competing private companies.

I find those who follow the doomsday cult of GW to generally be alergic to the idea that problems can be solved.

There is no over population problem. Talk of it is just the same as talk of how to solve the issue of Jewish existance. But more so. Evil. Don't do it.
02-11-2015 21:55
Totototo
★☆☆☆☆
(117)
Tim the Plumber
There is no over population problem. Talk of it is just the same as talk of how to solve the issue of Jewish existance.

What if we discuss it in a theoretical fashion? As in what IF? Into the Night already answered he thinks it is a self-solving issue, I don't share the opinion but I respect he thinks that way and I could see why.

Do you think it could be a self-solving issue or that action is necesary?
02-11-2015 22:19
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
Totototo wrote:
Tim the Plumber
There is no over population problem. Talk of it is just the same as talk of how to solve the issue of Jewish existance.

What if we discuss it in a theoretical fashion? As in what IF? Into the Night already answered he thinks it is a self-solving issue, I don't share the opinion but I respect he thinks that way and I could see why.

If you start a thread of "Is there an over population probelm?" then OK, that is fine.

The problem I have with "How to solve the over population problem?" is that it instantly presupposes that there is such a thing and obviously there must be a mechanism to get rid of a few billion people.

I think that the more humans we have applying their inventiveness to problems and generating greater efficiency and wealth the better.

There is currently no real practicle limit we are anywhere near to the maximum human population. Africa alone could feed us all if we organised it.
02-11-2015 22:39
(21597)
Jakob wrote:
­

@Into the Night

In Denmark social workers are not allowed to hand over that kind of problems to any kind of a religious sect.
They often use family care.

Into the Night wrote:
Jakob wrote:
­

I am so sorry I was too late to correct it.
I wanted to say:

But I also realize you are not the person to be asked about it.

It was an answer and not a question.

­

Doesn't quite wash. This forum software has excellent editing after the post capability. (Thank you brannon!)
02-11-2015 22:41
(21597)
trafn wrote:

So they are. Presence in the adult pool ceded.

However, the actual location is irrelevant. You wrote both 'profiles', there is no question to answer.
03-11-2015 01:38
(779)
@Into the Night - you wrote there is no question to answer.

Still avoiding THE question, huh?

You'll do anything to keep from showing us that you have NO science background at all.

Go back to grade school little boy.

03-11-2015 01:39
(779)
@Tim the plumber - Tim, you are so retarded I'm not even going to reply to you anymore. I feel bad picking on someone who has their head so far up their ass that they think it's constantly night outside.

Good luck with that.

03-11-2015 02:47
(21597)
Tim the plumber wrote:
Totototo wrote:
Tim the Plumber

If you start a thread of "Is there an over population probelm?" then OK, that is fine.

The problem I have with "How to solve the over population problem?" is that it instantly presupposes that there is such a thing and obviously there must be a mechanism to get rid of a few billion people.

I think that the more humans we have applying their inventiveness to problems and generating greater efficiency and wealth the better.

There is currently no real practicle limit we are anywhere near to the maximum human population. Africa alone could feed us all if we organised it.

This thread has basically turned into that. What's going on here currently would probably just duplicate in a thread with such a title.
03-11-2015 02:51
(779)
Why do people always think they can buy their way out of their problems rather than take responsibility for them in the first place?

03-11-2015 03:51
(14406)
trafn wrote: Why do people always think they can buy their way out of their problems rather than take responsibility for them in the first place?

Why do Marxists always blame their own unwillingness to add value to society on capitalism and on successful people? Why do Marxists then expect people who successfully add value to the world to somehow "take responsibility" for the Marxists' self-made failures, rather than the Marxists assuming responsibility in the first place?

Global Warming is just the modern way for Marxists to unfalsifiably assign blame to avoid assuming it.

03-11-2015 03:59
(779)
It was the insane pursuit of wealth after Spindletop that got us into all of this.

We're past the tipping point.

It doesn't matter what you spend.

The bar on the Titanic can only stay open so long.

03-11-2015 04:29
(14406)
trafn wrote:It was the insane pursuit of wealth after Spindletop that got us into all of this.

Of course it has to be the petroleum industry. Are you sure it wasn't later when Sam Walton was born?

trafn wrote: We're past the tipping point.

Whatever that means...

trafn wrote: The bar on the Titanic can only stay open so long.

...but the bar on planet earth will be remaining on dry, solid ground for, well, ever.

03-11-2015 04:50
(779)
@IBdaMann - you wrote Whatever that means...

Yes, what does it mean?

03-11-2015 05:13
(14406)
trafn wrote:
@IBdaMann - you wrote Whatever that means...

Yes, what does it mean?

To me it means the temperature in my car, which I adjust with my "climate control" setting.

I understand that, to others, it is a reference to a mythical deity whose sources of strength are other mythical beings called "greenhouse gases" who have the divine magical superpower of manufacturing thermal energy for "Climate" so he can perform weather miracles as punishment on humanity who he apparently hates.

Why do religions create gods that hate them?

03-11-2015 05:21
(21597)
trafn wrote:
It was the insane pursuit of wealth after Spindletop that got us into all of this.

We're past the tipping point.

It doesn't matter what you spend.

The bar on the Titanic can only stay open so long.

Petroleum baaaad.....subsistence farming gooooood......

Don't like petroleum or coal? Then remove all plastics from your life, including your computer, your access to the Internet, your office and medical equipment, your car, your modern grocery store, your roads, your electrical supply, etc.

Go live in a log cabin, plow your own fields, grow your own food, and never buy anything from anywhere again. After all, whatever you buy has to be shipped (using petroleum!) over roads (using petroleum!) or railroads (using petroleum!) or ships (using petroleum!).
03-11-2015 05:27
(779)
@

oh wait.... no one is here....

just the memory.... of empty whispers....

of nonsense.

Page 3 of 4<1234>

Join the debate Overpopulation - How not to solve the problem.:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
How to solve climate change.3724-02-2024 18:47
I The Savior Do Have A Perfect Strategy To Help All National Government Solve Their Financial Issue213-11-2023 15:37
The Fastest Way To Solve Climate Change Problem Is Making Plant Trees Become A Competitive Sport2229-01-2021 23:51
Want To Solve The Climate Change Problem, You Must Know What Is & Why Climate Change Occur127-09-2020 03:35
You Must Seek Solutions From Outsiders To Solve The Geopolitical Problems In Your Conflict Game127-09-2020 03:25
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact