Remember me
▼ Content

Outdoor Education

Outdoor Education03-04-2020 18:04
Climatechange3345
☆☆☆☆☆
(2)
Can outdoor education be used as a tool to fight climate change?

Will teaching people about nature inspire them to protect it?
03-04-2020 18:29
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
Start educating here. Teach me.

Can you tell me what you see as the worst aspect of a slightly warmer world as per the IPCC's climate predictions.

Edited on 03-04-2020 18:29
03-04-2020 19:37
Climatechange3345
☆☆☆☆☆
(2)
Can you define "Slightly Warmer"??

How about the increased spread of malaria?

Destruction of billions in global assets, upending insurance companies.

The displacement of millions of people due to conflict over resources.

decrease in crop yields, food insecurity...
03-04-2020 19:54
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14377)
Climatechange3345 wrote: Can outdoor education be used as a tool to fight climate change?

Yes, outdoor recreation can use a pool to fight climate heat.

Climatechange3345 wrote: Will teaching people about nature inspire them to protect it?

Only you can prevent forest fires.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
03-04-2020 20:41
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
Climatechange3345 wrote:
Can outdoor education be used as a tool to fight climate change?

Will teaching people about nature inspire them to protect it?

How do you fight something that is not defined?

Define 'climate change'.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
03-04-2020 20:46
(21559)
Climatechange3345 wrote:

Can you define 'climate change'?
Climatechange3345 wrote:

He said 'warmer', not 'wetter'.
Climatechange3345 wrote:

What would be destroyed? You are chanting.
Climatechange3345 wrote:

What resources? You are chanting.
Climatechange3345 wrote:

Plants do better in warmer weather. That's why most farmers plant in spring and harvest in autumn. Did you know there is no such thing as 'food security'? You are chanting.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
03-04-2020 21:38
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
Climatechange3345 wrote:

Warming as per the IPCC's climate numbers.

Choose 1 single bad aspect.

Then choose a single place, a single local authority. Then we can look at it in detail.
03-04-2020 21:58
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5195)
Into the Night wrote:
Climatechange3345 wrote:

Climatechange3345 wrote:

Climatechange3345 wrote:

Climatechange3345 wrote:

Climatechange3345 wrote:

Plants do better in warmer weather. That's why most farmers plant in spring and harvest in autumn. Did you know there is no such thing as 'food security'? You are chanting.

You can plant solar and wind farms pretty much any tome of the year... Crop land and pastures for livestock are easiest to plant, already cleared of most of the trees. Which is probably why the IPCC predicts a shortage of food.

For a lot really 'smart' scientists, why can the not learn from past mistakes? Nature doesn't need protecting, and does much better when people leave it alone. How can anyone be so stupid, to actually believe nature needs protecting. Nature throws hurricanes my way, pretty much every year. I've yet to see scientist slow, stop, or steer a hurricane. We can build stronger structures, that usually hold up, with only minor damage. Unless the hurricane spawns tornadoes... Then again, wind isn't usually what causes the worst damage, it's the torrential rain, straight from the Book of Genesis, only 8-12 hours of it. Don't often need a boat, but it messes stuff up pretty good. Mankind protecting nature, is like my cat protecting me from the neighbor's pit bull. Cat might put on an impressive show for a while, but that pit bull is going to have snack of it, eventually.
03-04-2020 23:02
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Climatechange3345 wrote:

Climatechange3345 wrote:

Climatechange3345 wrote:

Climatechange3345 wrote:

Climatechange3345 wrote:

You can plant solar and wind farms pretty much any tome of the year... Crop land and pastures for livestock are easiest to plant, already cleared of most of the trees. Which is probably why the IPCC predicts a shortage of food.

For a lot really 'smart' scientists, why can the not learn from past mistakes? Nature doesn't need protecting, and does much better when people leave it alone. How can anyone be so stupid, to actually believe nature needs protecting. Nature throws hurricanes my way, pretty much every year. I've yet to see scientist slow, stop, or steer a hurricane. We can build stronger structures, that usually hold up, with only minor damage. Unless the hurricane spawns tornadoes... Then again, wind isn't usually what causes the worst damage, it's the torrential rain, straight from the Book of Genesis, only 8-12 hours of it. Don't often need a boat, but it messes stuff up pretty good. Mankind protecting nature, is like my cat protecting me from the neighbor's pit bull. Cat might put on an impressive show for a while, but that pit bull is going to have snack of it, eventually.

You're right Harvey, if people would leave nature alone, it would be just fine. Of course since you're not dead, that is causing nature problems. Any suggestions on how to keep you from being a problem?
04-04-2020 01:33
(21559)
Human beings are part of nature.
04-04-2020 02:53
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Climatechange3345 wrote:

Climatechange3345 wrote:

Climatechange3345 wrote:

Climatechange3345 wrote:

Climatechange3345 wrote:

Have you ever gotten along with your family? Do you get along with us?
Yes, you sucj and life sucjs.,
04-04-2020 03:07
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
If you don't get it, watching you hang for my beliefs, I win. Your dying because of a virus, I lose That's what everything is about, right?
04-04-2020 04:46
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Harvey, it seems a lot of people are going to die. With Covid 19, it's just getting started. No one in here wants to see something happen to someone else. At the same time, our political views are extremely different.
And in here, one day someone might quit posting. They might not have the opportunity to tell us to go Fükken ourselves . What then?

When I went to the ER at the VA hospital, I was told 2 different things. Basically if my situation is an emergency, they can operate.
The issue is that radiologists find nothing wrong with me. Why it needs to be an emergency.
With Covid 19, it's a serious problem.

And HarveyH55, you're the most likely person in here to die from Covid 19. Spring break was in your part of town. So if anyone gets quiet, it'll most likely be you.

If you're wondering, people like me have a 25% greater risk of catching cancer. It's a part of being resistant to the flu. And you know I had cancer and what it's done. With Covid 19, my concern isn't for me.
Edited on 04-04-2020 05:15
04-04-2020 05:17
(5195)
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Climatechange3345 wrote:

Climatechange3345 wrote:

Climatechange3345 wrote:

Climatechange3345 wrote:

Climatechange3345 wrote:

You're right Harvey, if people would leave nature alone, it would be just fine. Of course since you're not dead, that is causing nature problems. Any suggestions on how to keep you from being a problem?

I get along just fine with nature. People, and many other things die every day, and it makes no difference, the planet, nature, still keep doing their thing. It's all a lot more, than anyone can begin to understand. People like to believe the know everything, and have the power to control it all. It's just wishful thinking. We really have no control over it at all, just along for the ride, best we can do is try and survive what nature throws our way.
04-04-2020 05:37
(5195)
James___ wrote:
Harvey, it seems a lot of people are going to die. With Covid 19, it's just getting started. No one in here wants to see something happen to someone else. At the same time, our political views are extremely different.
And in here, one day someone might quit posting. They might not have the opportunity to tell us to go Fükken ourselves . What then?

When I went to the ER at the VA hospital, I was told 2 different things. Basically if my situation is an emergency, they can operate.
The issue is that radiologists find nothing wrong with me. Why it needs to be an emergency.

And HarveyH55, you're the most likely person in here to die from Covid 19. Spring break was in your part of town. So if anyone gets quiet, it'll most likely be you.

If you're wondering, people like me have a 25% greater risk of catching cancer. It's a part of being resistant to the flu. And you know I had cancer and what it's done. With Covid 19, my concern isn't for me.

I have no worries about Covid-19. My health has always been good. Heal quickly, seldom even catch a cold. My job keeps me physically active, plenty of exercise. My only hospital stay, and surgery, was my appendix a couple years ago. Didn't take 10 weeks to fully recover, like the surgeon insisted. I've no reason to believe I can't survive Covid-19. I'm pretty strong-will, don't give up, don't just sit down, and wait for someone to make it all better. I learned a long time ago, that doctors don't heal or cure anything, they can only assist you. It's your own body that fights the diseases, and fixes the damage.

I don't understand your crap-sack fetish. Pretty sure it's not a good thing, and why you can't find a doctor willing to sell you one, when you don't actual need it. Every surgery carries some serious risks. Getting cut open, is damage, your body has to repair. While you are healing, you are weakened, and susceptible to other problems, not just infection. You already know you are prone to cancer, a surgery might give your cancer the weakened state it needs to get started again.
04-04-2020 18:34
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:

I have no worries about Covid-19. My health has always been good. Heal quickly, seldom even catch a cold. My job keeps me physically active, plenty of exercise. My only hospital stay, and surgery, was my appendix a couple years ago. Didn't take 10 weeks to fully recover, like the surgeon insisted. I've no reason to believe I can't survive Covid-19. I'm pretty strong-will, don't give up, don't just sit down, and wait for someone to make it all better. I learned a long time ago, that doctors don't heal or cure anything, they can only assist you. It's your own body that fights the diseases, and fixes the damage.

I don't understand your crap-sack fetish. Pretty sure it's not a good thing, and why you can't find a doctor willing to sell you one, when you don't actual need it. Every surgery carries some serious risks. Getting cut open, is damage, your body has to repair. While you are healing, you are weakened, and susceptible to other problems, not just infection. You already know you are prone to cancer, a surgery might give your cancer the weakened state it needs to get started again.

You really are illiterate, aren't you? I don't really need your unhappiness and that's probably all you have. And you have no need to change. That's up to you.
With me, I'll be able to enjoy working on mathematical models that you wouldn't be capable of doing.
05-04-2020 00:26
(5195)
Well geez, James... You have about a dozen different projects going on, in several different fields, and you can't get a job? For such a self-proclaimed genius, how isn't you haven't figured out a way to convince a doctor, of your dire need of a crap-sack? Or for that matter, how can you not understand, that you are better off without it...

Personally, I don't take anything you type too seriously. You're are a dreamer (not the Obama kind), but you lack the motivation (testicles), and ability to follow through. Basically, all you can do, is look stuff up on the internet, and post your interpretation.
05-04-2020 00:48
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Well geez, James... You have about a dozen different projects going on, in several different fields, and you can't get a job? For such a self-proclaimed genius, how isn't you haven't figured out a way to convince a doctor, of your dire need of a crap-sack? Or for that matter, how can you not understand, that you are better off without it...

Personally, I don't take anything you type too seriously. You're are a dreamer (not the Obama kind), but you lack the motivation (testicles), and ability to follow through. Basically, all you can do, is look stuff up on the internet, and post your interpretation.

Harvey, your being jealous of me has gotten old. My life isn't your concern. Why you're such a bitter individual is something you should think about.
It seems like you are jealous because I'm doing things. Remember when you showed the natural gas powered drone? The website had a competition going on for new ideas? No one in here wanted to see if we couldn't come up with a better idea on how to desalinate sea water. And you didn't even notice the ad for the competition when that was right above the story you showed us.
And if you don't get it Harvey, some of what I'm pursuing are things I'll be able to work with other people on. Kind of why I'm learning calculus. I can do some of that watching TV. There are also online courses.
just trying to make the most of a bad situation.

https://youtu.be/vgAQFVsKn1c
07-04-2020 18:41
(5195)
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

Harvey, your being jealous of me has gotten old. My life isn't your concern. Why you're such a bitter individual is something you should think about.
It seems like you are jealous because I'm doing things. Remember when you showed the natural gas powered drone? The website had a competition going on for new ideas? No one in here wanted to see if we couldn't come up with a better idea on how to desalinate sea water. And you didn't even notice the ad for the competition when that was right above the story you showed us.
And if you don't get it Harvey, some of what I'm pursuing are things I'll be able to work with other people on. Kind of why I'm learning calculus. I can do some of that watching TV. There are also online courses.

What's to be jealous of, words on a computer screen? It's the internet, you can type anything you want, doesn't make it true or accurate. You are a known liar here, so I don't have a lot of faith in your claims.

If you go back to that thread, you find that I only read the daily articles on Hack-A-Day, and don't bother with the rest of the site. I only had an awareness of competitions.

So, how is that desalinator project going? Got a working prototype yet? Been a couple of years, you have asked for any assistance, figured it must have gone smoothly. And that Carbon-capture scheme, ever get that built? The ozone depletion project? I should keep a list of dreams, that never happened, but it's not all that important to me. The internet is full of dreamers...
07-04-2020 19:57
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

What's to be jealous of, words on a computer screen? It's the internet, you can type anything you want, doesn't make it true or accurate. You are a known liar here, so I don't have a lot of faith in your claims.

If you go back to that thread, you find that I only read the daily articles on Hack-A-Day, and don't bother with the rest of the site. I only had an awareness of competitions.

So, how is that desalinator project going? Got a working prototype yet? Been a couple of years, you have asked for any assistance, figured it must have gone smoothly. And that Carbon-capture scheme, ever get that built? The ozone depletion project? I should keep a list of dreams, that never happened, but it's not all that important to me. The internet is full of dreamers...

And yet I wonder why you don't have any friends. It must be that warm, charming personality of yours.

Matthew 7:6
New American Standard Bible
"Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.
08-04-2020 17:33
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
James___ wrote:
And yet I wonder why you don't have any friends. It must be that warm, charming personality of yours.

Matthew 7:6
New American Standard Bible
"Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

What are you attempting to imply with that Bible verse that you are seemingly ignoring the context thereof?
Edited on 08-04-2020 17:34
09-04-2020 00:10
(14377)
gfm7175 wrote:
James___ wrote:
And yet I wonder why you don't have any friends. It must be that warm, charming personality of yours. Matthew 7:6 New American Standard Bible

What are you attempting to imply with that Bible verse that you are seemingly ignoring the context thereof?

And yet I wonder why I don't have any friends. It must be my vanilla dubeity.

KJV Deuteronomy 11:16 "Take heed to yourselves, that your heart be not deceived, and ye turn aside, and serve other gods, and worship them"

NIV Deuteronomy 11:16 Be careful, or you will be enticed to turn away and worship other gods and bow down to them.

ESV Deuteronomy 11:16 Take care lest your heart be deceived, and you turn aside and serve other gods and worship them

NLT Deuteronomy 11:16 But be careful. Don't let your heart be deceived so that you turn away from the Lord and serve and worship other gods.

HCS Deuteronomy 11:16 Be careful that you are not enticed to turn aside, worship, and bow down to other gods

LEB Deuteronomy 11:16 Take care so that your heart is not easily deceived, and you turn away, and you serve other gods, and you bow down to them.

GNT Deuteronomy 11:16 Do not let yourselves be led away from the Lord to worship and serve other gods

BdlA Deuteronomio 11:16 Cuidaos, no sea que se engañe vuestro corazóna y os desviéis y sirváis a otros dioses, y los adoréis

... and for James__:

РСП Берегитесь 11:16 чтобы не обольстилось сердце ваше, и вы не уклонились и не стали служить иным богам и не поклонились им

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
09-04-2020 05:01
(5195)
Revelation 6:7-8
When the Lamb broke the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature saying, "Come." I looked, and behold, an ashen horse; and he who sat on it had the name Death; and Hades was following with him Authority was given to them over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword and with famine and with pestilence and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Wild bats and Corvid-19, End of times..
09-04-2020 16:20
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
IBdaMann wrote:
[quote]gfm7175 wrote:
And yet I wonder why I don't have any friends. It must be my vanilla dubeity.

Yeah, let's go with that.
09-04-2020 16:32
(14377)
gfm7175 wrote:
[quote]IBdaMann wrote:
[quote]gfm7175 wrote:
And yet I wonder why I don't have any friends. It must be my vanilla dubeity.[quote]Yeah, let's go with that.

Yes. Let's.

Join the debate Outdoor Education:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Driver's Education014-06-2021 05:33
Education system future.5029-05-2021 01:15
The Ultimate Secret Of Language, Number, Religion, Education, Science, Technology126-08-2020 08:58
The Full Earth Society Structures Beyond Any Education You Have Learned217-08-2020 04:49
Greenman and Education909-11-2017 04:08
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact