Remember me
▼ Content

Otters are the Superheroes

Otters are the Superheroes23-09-2021 20:21
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14373)
Otters are the Climate Superheroes!

You didn't know that, did you? All the warmizombies of the world trying to be accepted into the Climate superhero club by dispensing Climate justice ... but it's all for naught. The real superheroes are the otters. Warmizombies should look at their own scalps and realize they never even stood a chance.

Enhydra lutris is the furriest animal on Earth, with up to 140,000 hairs on every square centimeter of its body – meaning its hairs are 700 times as dense as those on a human head.

Whenever we hear the calls for actions against Climate Change, we all notice the conspicuous absence of any explanation of what we could possibly do that would be of any benefit. Not so with otters. The BBC has published a full treatise explaining How sea otters can fight climate change. Now we know what can be done and who can do it, and it's not just me, it's the BBC making the announcement so that's final.

The return of these playful creatures doesn't just transform their ecosystems, it can turn them into a powerful carbon sink.

Few other animals eat as much relative to their weight or play such a pivotal role in maintaining their environment, says Brent Hughes, a marine ecologist studying coastal habitats at Sonoma State University in California.

Now, scientists are studying how these marine mustelids may also be climate superheroes. Sea otters help ecosystems capture carbon from the atmosphere and store it as biomass and deep-sea detritus, preventing it from being converted back to carbon dioxide and contributing to climate change.

There you have it. Warmizombies couldn't do that in their wildest dreams.

While diving in Alaska's Aleutian Islands in the 1970s, James Estes, a marine ecologist with the University of California, Santa Cruz, documented that kelp forests without sea otters essentially become underwater deserts. In contrast, in areas with otters, the kelp flourished – along with the diverse aquatic community that feeds and shelters among the seaweed.

This is no wild, exaggerated claim on which some "I have no future" marine ecologist otter-lover is trying to make a buck, ... this is a documented claim! So there!

So now it's Otters: 2, Warmizombies: 0.

Now, when some warmizombie starts running his mouth, you can just respond "Hey, you're no otter!" But then there's this:

When the mustelids [otters] bring down the numbers of crabs, grazing organisms that the crabs eat rebound. These slugs and snails often don't eat the seagrass; instead they scrape away the algae that grows on the grass, which allows the seagrass to absorb more sunlight and grow more efficiently. "They miraculously don't eat the seagrass," says Hughes. "They have this little radula that gently scrapes [the seagrass] and takes off all the epiphytes growing on it. And so it essentially protects the seagrass."

Otters: 3, Warmizombies: 0.

With otters on our team, Climate Change doesn't stand a chance. This is probably why there hasn't been any Climate Change during my lifetime. We don't need new taxes. We just need otters.

Wait, there's more! Apparently otters sequester and store carbon, and we know exactly how much because of sophisticated precision proxy measures.

Using data on the rate of kelp growth and its density at sites with and without otters, they found that the presence of sea otters across rocky reef habitat in the study area, covering 51,551 square kilometers (19,900 square miles – an area about the same size as Costa Rica), is capable of storing 4.4 to 8.7 million tonnes of carbon compared to if an otter-free condition.

Now if that's not a warmizombie smackdown then I don't know what is.

Attached image:

23-09-2021 23:58
Spongy IrisProfile picture★★★★☆
(1639)
Lucky is he who comes face to face with a wild otter and emerges without a scratch.

https://youtu.be/YpcVAtbzeTI

24-09-2021 02:25
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Lucky is he who comes face to face with a wild otter and emerges without a scratch.

https://youtu.be/YpcVAtbzeTI

Где? правилньо? These forums are much more dangerous.
RE: More trolling and spamming16-04-2022 19:19
Im a BM
★★★☆☆
(595)
This thread was... What?

It pretends to have some kind of climate related connection, but mainly seems like it is intended to insult the website.

IBdaMann wrote:

You didn't know that, did you? All the warmizombies of the world trying to be accepted into the Climate superhero club by dispensing Climate justice ... but it's all for naught. The real superheroes are the otters. Warmizombies should look at their own scalps and realize they never even stood a chance.

Enhydra lutris is the furriest animal on Earth, with up to 140,000 hairs on every square centimeter of its body – meaning its hairs are 700 times as dense as those on a human head.

Whenever we hear the calls for actions against Climate Change, we all notice the conspicuous absence of any explanation of what we could possibly do that would be of any benefit. Not so with otters. The BBC has published a full treatise explaining How sea otters can fight climate change. Now we know what can be done and who can do it, and it's not just me, it's the BBC making the announcement so that's final.

The return of these playful creatures doesn't just transform their ecosystems, it can turn them into a powerful carbon sink.

Few other animals eat as much relative to their weight or play such a pivotal role in maintaining their environment, says Brent Hughes, a marine ecologist studying coastal habitats at Sonoma State University in California.

Now, scientists are studying how these marine mustelids may also be climate superheroes. Sea otters help ecosystems capture carbon from the atmosphere and store it as biomass and deep-sea detritus, preventing it from being converted back to carbon dioxide and contributing to climate change.

While diving in Alaska's Aleutian Islands in the 1970s, James Estes, a marine ecologist with the University of California, Santa Cruz, documented that kelp forests without sea otters essentially become underwater deserts. In contrast, in areas with otters, the kelp flourished – along with the diverse aquatic community that feeds and shelters among the seaweed.

This is no wild, exaggerated claim on which some "I have no future" marine ecologist otter-lover is trying to make a buck, ... this is a documented claim! So there!

Now, when some warmizombie starts running his mouth, you can just respond "Hey, you're no otter!" But then there's this:

When the mustelids [otters] bring down the numbers of crabs, grazing organisms that the crabs eat rebound. These slugs and snails often don't eat the seagrass; instead they scrape away the algae that grows on the grass, which allows the seagrass to absorb more sunlight and grow more efficiently. "They miraculously don't eat the seagrass," says Hughes. "They have this little radula that gently scrapes [the seagrass] and takes off all the epiphytes growing on it. And so it essentially protects the seagrass."

With otters on our team, Climate Change doesn't stand a chance. This is probably why there hasn't been any Climate Change during my lifetime. We don't need new taxes. We just need otters.

Wait, there's more! Apparently otters sequester and store carbon, and we know exactly how much because of sophisticated precision proxy measures.

Using data on the rate of kelp growth and its density at sites with and without otters, they found that the presence of sea otters across rocky reef habitat in the study area, covering 51,551 square kilometers (19,900 square miles – an area about the same size as Costa Rica), is capable of storing 4.4 to 8.7 million tonnes of carbon compared to if an otter-free condition.

16-04-2022 20:40
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
...deleted damaged quoting...
Im a BM wrote:
This thread was... What?

It pretends to have some kind of climate related connection, but mainly seems like it is intended to insult the website.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You are being paranoid?? For a website?????!?

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
16-04-2022 20:56
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5193)
Im a BM wrote:
This thread was... What?

IBdaMann wrote:

This site is a forum. The forum, is made up of people, a community. No one, except you, was offended.

What do you consider 'climate' anyway? Climate, is our perception of the environment that surrounds us. 15-20 miles down the road from me, they are experiencing a much wetter climate, than what I'm experiencing at the moment. My climate may change shortly, but think it'll pass quickly. Fortunately, my climate is relatively warm and sunny much of the year. I like a warmer climate, so do my plants. Personally, I think the climate in the northern part of America is too cold, wet, and miserable most of the year. The should augment their CO2 production. Don't think it'll help much with the cooler temperature, but the plants will be well fed, maybe more tolerant. There is no global climate. There is a large variance in environmental conditions. Some are pretty drastic, and separated by a few miles. Average doesn't apply to everything, except indoctrination. Where it's used, badly, to normalize things unrelated, to sell an evil liberal ideology.

Join the debate Otters are the Superheroes:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact