Remember me
▼ Content

one sick person (covid)

Page 1 of 3123>
one sick person (covid)29-09-2020 18:20
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Less than a year ago there was the first infection of covid. That one infection has led to 1 million deaths and 33 million cases and don't forget about the candle hypothesis.
Still 1 million deaths is only one out of about 8000 people in the world. Not much chance of getting covid and dying you say. I agree -for now.
Take just one of those 1 million deaths or one of those 33 million cases - take just one of the current cases and think about what one case has done to the world population. One of those current cases can start the whole process over and cause another 1 million additional deaths and 33 million additional cases. And every other current case can lead to the same additional 1 million deaths and 33 million additional cases and so on and so on. And don't forget about the candle hypothesis.
29-09-2020 19:45
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
I mess up on numbers with a lot of zeros, and think you missed a couple. Should be more like 1 in 8 million... You got a better chance of being struck by lightning in Florida, or bitten by a shark. Well, maybe not you, since that would never happen in your basement. Still, you have a better chance of dying from covid, than winning the lottery. Assuming, of course, you actually stepped outside, and went to your local 7-11, to buy a ticket. Then again, you might get struck by lightning, or catch covid...
29-09-2020 21:13
Spongy IrisProfile picture★★★★☆
(1643)
HarveyH55 wrote:
I mess up on numbers with a lot of zeros, and think you missed a couple. Should be more like 1 in 8 million... You got a better chance of being struck by lightning in Florida, or bitten by a shark. Well, maybe not you, since that would never happen in your basement. Still, you have a better chance of dying from covid, than winning the lottery. Assuming, of course, you actually stepped outside, and went to your local 7-11, to buy a ticket. Then again, you might get struck by lightning, or catch covid...

1,000,000 ÷ 8,000,000,000 × 8,000 = 1

1 in 8,000 for Globe.

In FL there now says 659 deaths per 1 million people.

659 ÷ 1,000,000 × 8,000 = 5

5 in 8,000 for FL

Stats courtesy of WORLDOMETER
29-09-2020 21:30
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
keepit wrote:
Less than a year ago there was the first infection of covid.

Okay.

keepit wrote:
That one infection has led to 1 million deaths and 33 million cases

No it hasn't. You are fear mongering again, as well as falling for the globalist scam.

keepit wrote:
and don't forget about the candle hypothesis.

What about it?

keepit wrote:
Still 1 million deaths is only one out of about 8000 people in the world. Not much chance of getting covid and dying you say. I agree -for now.

Yup, the chances are very low.

keepit wrote:
Take just one of those 1 million deaths or one of those 33 million cases - take just one of the current cases and think about what one case has done to the world population. One of those current cases can start the whole process over and cause another 1 million additional deaths and 33 million additional cases. And every other current case can lead to the same additional 1 million deaths and 33 million additional cases and so on and so on. And don't forget about the candle hypothesis.

You're completely ignoring the existence of the immune system as well as herd immunity.
30-09-2020 00:32
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Good point Spongy Iris. Your stats say that florida is 5 times as dangerous as the rest of the world.
30-09-2020 04:40
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
In Western Australia we have missed the whole covid saga and the only inconvenience I suffered was not having the paper to read in subway as it gets passed around.We have had restrictions and some people wore face masks.Yesterday we had a report of 11 new cases of Covid in W.A.It was left out that all the cases were Indonesian fishermen currently aboard an illegal fishing vessel anchored of Port Headland.
30-09-2020 17:38
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
gfm7175 wrote:
keepit wrote:
Less than a year ago there was the first infection of covid.

Okay.

keepit wrote:
That one infection has led to 1 million deaths and 33 million cases

No it hasn't. You are fear mongering again, as well as falling for the globalist scam.

keepit wrote:

What about it?

keepit wrote:

Yup, the chances are very low.

keepit wrote:

You're completely ignoring the existence of the immune system as well as herd immunity.

Who woulda thought? https://www.yahoo.com/sports/notre-dames-brian-kelly-coronavirus-outbreak-stemmed-from-pregame-meal-200016958.html
30-09-2020 17:53
(5197)
How is it determined, that Covid-19 actually was the cause of death of 200,000 Americans? The vast majority of fatalities, list two or more possible causes. The majority of fatalities, were of elderly people, with one or more chronic health issues. Would these people have died, had they not been infected, specifically with Covid-19? Would they have died, had they been infected with any respiratory infection? How many simply listed Covid-19, because the test came back positive, even if there were no symptom or sign of infection? I'd bet money, that the actual number of deaths from Covid-19, is extremely low, in the 10,000 range. Death certificates just get branded Covid-19, as a tag, for future reference.
30-09-2020 18:23
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
People that die of covid would have lived longer had they not gotten covid. It's that simple.
30-09-2020 18:34
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
keepit wrote:
People that die of covid would have lived longer had they not gotten covid. It's that simple.

....but it's not that simple. High risk people know who they are, and they should be careful of covid AND any other viruses roaming the planet.

Why should the vast majority suffer in order to accommodate a few? Is this the liberal protocol you support?

Far be it from me to accuse you of enjoying the destruction of the best economy ever under a president you detest. I wouldn't do that....wait....I might.....yes....I do.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
30-09-2020 19:36
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Gas,
It sounds like you don't want to contribute to the welfare of the weak, the old, and the sick. If young people don't take care of the weak, the old, and the sick, who's going to take care of the young when they become weak and old and sick?

Also, if you think i'm enjoying the destruction of a strong economy that took years and decades to build, you're full of beans.
30-09-2020 20:01
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
keepit wrote:
Gas,
It sounds like you don't want to contribute to the welfare of the weak, the old, and the sick. If young people don't take care of the weak, the old, and the sick, who's going to take care of the young when they become weak and old and sick?

Also, if you think i'm enjoying the destruction of a strong economy that took years and decades to build, you're full of beans.

You had better define "contribution ".
At what cost?
What is a fair amount?
Is it money?
Is it my time?
My job?
My business?
My family?

What sacrifice must I make for someone I've never met in order for you to be satisfied with my "contribution "?

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
Edited on 30-09-2020 20:02
30-09-2020 20:20
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
keepit wrote:
Gas,

You don't get this, do you? The Republican party is Pro Life to get the Christian vote. But once the kid is born, they don't care and then fault Democrats for dealing with the problem that Republicans encourage.
At the same time Republicans will not make birth control pills OTC or available to those who can't afford them. Much cheaper than an abortion or other social funding but that wouldn't help their image and could cause them to lose the Christian vote.
Another way of looking at it, Christians and Republicans would say that the "pill" would encourage teenagers to have sex. So far pregnancy is not stopping them.
The Great Recession started under former President George W. Bush.
[url]The teen birth rate has been on a steep decline since the early 1990s, and that trend accelerated after the onset of the Great Recession in 2007.
[url]https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/08/02/why-is-the-teen-birth-rate-falling/ [/url][/url]
It's that political.
30-09-2020 20:31
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
keepit wrote:
Good point Spongy Iris. Your stats say that florida is 5 times as dangerous as the rest of the world.

I think the main issue with Covid 19 might be if hospitals are filled with Covid 19 patients, then that doesn't really allow for other people to be treated. Or simply put, all of our medical resources would be focused on one disease. That would increase the risk for others and they would be collateral damage.
An example is if doctors are focused on Covid 19, how many cancer patients might have their diagnosis pushed back because their symptoms aren't that serious? If you've ever had cancer, doctors often miss the symptoms because they're mild.
When I had cancer, I answered questions for a survey and it said that for the type of cancer that I had, over 60% of the people had to self diagnose. Doctors told me to come back in 3 or 4 months if my symptoms persisted.
I never shut up and got diagnosed sooner rather than later. And with Covid 19, doctors might not have said, Okay, we'll check you out.
Even now that I will be having surgery, the surgeon told me that Covid 19 has slowed that up as well. By several months. I'll be having some of my small intestines removed which is serious. And if there were more people in the hospital because of Covid 19, then I'd be put at serious risk being in a hospital filled with Covid 19 patients. People, ie., the media tend to ignore how the problems that Covid19 creates for hospitals affects other patients as well.
30-09-2020 20:41
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
And in the NFL, Sunday's game between the Tennessee Titans and the Pittsburgh Steelers has been postponed. Both players and other team personnel on the Titans have been diagnosed with Covid 19.
And when they play the game, it's possible that some with the infection might not have developed antibodies to the coronavirus. If so, then in the following weeks, these 2 teams as well as those the Minnesota Vikings play might be worth watching.
And in news that matters, this could affect my fantasy football team.

https://www.nfl.com/news/pittsburgh-steelers-tennessee-titans-game-postponed-until-monday-or-tuesday
30-09-2020 21:02
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21592)
keepit wrote:
Less than a year ago there was the first infection of covid. That one infection has led to 1 million deaths and 33 million cases
Random numbers. You are making shit up again.
keepit wrote:
Buzzword fallacy.
keepit wrote:
Still 1 million deaths is only one out of about 8000 people in the world. Not much chance of getting covid and dying you say. I agree -for now. Take just one of those 1 million deaths or one of those 33 million cases - take just one of the current cases and think about what one case has done to the world population. One of those current cases can start the whole process over and cause another 1 million additional deaths and 33 million additional cases.
Random numbers. You are making shit up. Fear mongering.
keepit wrote:
And every other current case can lead to the same additional 1 million deaths and 33 million additional cases and so on and so on. And don't forget about the candle hypothesis.

No argument presented. Buzzwords. Repetitions argument. Random numbers used as data. Fear mongering.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
30-09-2020 21:03
(21592)
Spongy Iris wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:

1,000,000 ÷ 8,000,000,000 × 8,000 = 1

1 in 8,000 for Globe.

In FL there now says 659 deaths per 1 million people.

659 ÷ 1,000,000 × 8,000 = 5

5 in 8,000 for FL

Stats courtesy of WORLDOMETER

False authority fallacy. Random numbers. Argument from randU fallacies.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
30-09-2020 21:04
(21592)
keepit wrote:

Random numbers. Argument from randU fallacy. No argument presented. Fear mongering.

The Parrot Killer

30-09-2020 21:06
(21592)
HarveyH55 wrote:
How is it determined, that Covid-19 actually was the cause of death of 200,000 Americans? The vast majority of fatalities, list two or more possible causes. The majority of fatalities, were of elderly people, with one or more chronic health issues. Would these people have died, had they not been infected, specifically with Covid-19? Would they have died, had they been infected with any respiratory infection? How many simply listed Covid-19, because the test came back positive, even if there were no symptom or sign of infection? I'd bet money, that the actual number of deaths from Covid-19, is extremely low, in the 10,000 range. Death certificates just get branded Covid-19, as a tag, for future reference.

Well argued. The 200,000 (or 200 million if you ask Joe Biden
) is a random number.

The Parrot Killer

30-09-2020 21:07
(21592)
keepit wrote:

No one has died of Covid19. This virus does not kill.

The Parrot Killer

30-09-2020 21:08
(21592)
keepit wrote:
Gas,

False dichotomy fallacy.
keepit wrote:

You are enjoying the destruction of a strong economy. Don't lie.

The Parrot Killer

30-09-2020 21:29
(1643)
Into the Night wrote:
keepit wrote:

Interesting comment. What does the virus do?
30-09-2020 22:08
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
That's a good question SI. Someone's going to say that covid gives a persos a sniffle.
30-09-2020 22:35
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
GasGuzzler wrote:
keepit wrote:
Gas,

You had better define "contribution ".
At what cost?
What is a fair amount?
Is it money?
Is it my time?
My job?
My business?
My family?

What sacrifice must I make for someone I've never met in order for you to be satisfied with my "contribution "?

Keepit, I see you have posted but not answered my question. Why not? It is a very fair question that you should have the balls to answer after asking for my contribution.

30-09-2020 23:30
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Gas,
Just let the politicians decide those things.
Edited on 30-09-2020 23:30
30-09-2020 23:36
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
keepit wrote:
Gas,

Is that seriously your answer?
Give me some answers or this is my new signature line.

30-09-2020 23:48
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
go ahead.
30-09-2020 23:55
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
GasGuzzler wrote:
keepit wrote:
Gas,

He is right, you know. Politicians ask us to vote for their agenda. And if they get elected, they say it's a mandate of the people to legitimize their personal agenda.
After this election, I'll probably change my voter registration to Independent. While (R) Congressman Andy Barr has helped me, he doesn't understand that the medical community needs oversight.
If doctors cannot be held responsible for their negligence, then how can we hope to have better healthcare like President Trump says we should have? Our Honorable President Trump has said that many countries besides Australia has better healthcare than what we do.
And yet the Dumbocrats can't ask President Trump why he's not trying to make our healthcare better like those countries that he likes talking about?
01-10-2020 03:48
(5197)
keepit wrote:

How much longer? Most of the fatalities, were people at, or near their expiration date, their end was near, Fukt Beyond Repair. They were already chronically ill, and many other things could just as easily given them that final push, into the grave. About 2.4 million Americans die every year, for various reasons, not including abortions.

How long should we be expected to extend the life, of the old and chronically ill? Technically, is possible to keep a person, who is brain-dead, in a persistent, vegetative state, 'alive' for many decades. Is that what you call living? I don't consider wearing face masks, and being confined to the basement, living either. Specially, when there is absolutely no medical threat to me. I lived a healthy life, took good care of myself. Why punish me, and the rest of the population, who lived responsibly, so they wouldn't have to be pill-slaves, hiding in the basement, from every virus that passes though? You, and most all the F.B.R. people just like you, made your unhealthy choices. Exchanged having a good time, over longevity. Now you expect the rest of us, to share the price, of your life of excess? You spent your life, digging your own grave, so just lay in it...
01-10-2020 03:58
(5197)
James___ wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
keepit wrote:
Gas,

He is right, you know. Politicians ask us to vote for their agenda. And if they get elected, they say it's a mandate of the people to legitimize their personal agenda.
After this election, I'll probably change my voter registration to Independent. While (R) Congressman Andy Barr has helped me, he doesn't understand that the medical community needs oversight.
If doctors cannot be held responsible for their negligence, then how can we hope to have better healthcare like President Trump says we should have? Our Honorable President Trump has said that many countries besides Australia has better healthcare than what we do.
And yet the Dumbocrats can't ask President Trump why he's not trying to make our healthcare better like those countries that he likes talking about?

We do have great doctors and hospitals. Health insurance, isn't health care. Health insurance, is what drove up the cost of health care, to where you can't afford to see a doctor, unless you have insurance. Most people are healthy, responsible, so are paying in quite a bit of money, for a service they rarely need. Quite a few of them will die, before they get any value, from the money they paid in. Legislators don't want to create affordable health care, just mandate more people pay, for a service, they may never need.
01-10-2020 04:09
(5197)
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
keepit wrote:

Covid-19 causes your blood to boil, you organs to melt, the skin eventually ruptures, spraying infectious goo in a twenty foot radius. A horrible, ghastly way to die, or even witness. Since even on tiny, aerosol droplet landing on you, is a similar, certain death.
01-10-2020 04:12
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
keepit wrote:
Gas,

We do have great doctors and hospitals. Health insurance, isn't health care. Health insurance, is what drove up the cost of health care, to where you can't afford to see a doctor, unless you have insurance. Most people are healthy, responsible, so are paying in quite a bit of money, for a service they rarely need. Quite a few of them will die, before they get any value, from the money they paid in. Legislators don't want to create affordable health care, just mandate more people pay, for a service, they may never need.

Ya know Harvey, it wouldn't take much for us to improve our healthcare. I had one surgeon whose nurse told me that he had too many patients. How to keep track of so many individuals?
Compared to other countries, our healthcare might not really cost that much more. Most countries average income is only 75% of the US at best. This can skewer global healthcare costs.
I do know that before I was going to have a minor medical procedure at the VA, I called them about a potential health problem. The phone nurse told me that what might seem odd is that she had a question for me.
And that if it was possible if I had been bitten by an insect. I had one unusual sore that fit that description. Yet doctors do not use technology to help diagnose their patients. Technology could probably improve healthcare while reducing mistakes. Yet doctors might say they can remember 200 different patients.
02-10-2020 17:03
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
And now that President Trump has Covid 19 and in his age group, something like a 14% mortality rate, for that matter, Melania has it as well.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/president-trump-says-he-and-the-first-lady-have-tested-positive-for-covid-19-054718866.html
02-10-2020 17:14
(1643)
James___ wrote:
And now that President Trump has Covid 19 and in his age group, something like a 14% mortality rate, for that matter, Melania has it as well.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/president-trump-says-he-and-the-first-lady-have-tested-positive-for-covid-19-054718866.html

I wonder if he will be able to finish the debates...
02-10-2020 18:30
(3314)
Spongy Iris wrote:
James___ wrote:

I wonder if he will be able to finish the debates...

Yes, I likewise wonder if Biden will be able to do so...

Trump, on the other hand, will be just fine.
02-10-2020 18:33
(3314)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Spongy Iris wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
keepit wrote:

Covid-19 causes your blood to boil, you organs to melt, the skin eventually ruptures, spraying infectious goo in a twenty foot radius. A horrible, ghastly way to die, or even witness. Since even on tiny, aerosol droplet landing on you, is a similar, certain death.

Is this skin rupturing what the media is referring to when they say that cases are "spiking"? If so, then I agree with them that a twenty foot radius is most definitely quite a "spike"...
02-10-2020 18:39
(3314)
James___ wrote:

Nope, and Trump will likely be just fine.
02-10-2020 18:58
(5197)
James___ wrote:

Other than being a little over weight, Trump doesn't have any chronic health issues, that we know about. It's just a cold virus, should be fine with the White House medical team closely monitoring. The mortality rate is more directly tied to the other medical issues a patient brings with them, and how long it took them to seek medical attention. We've had quite a few people in their 90s beat the apocalyptic plague, here in Florida.

Trump can beat Covid-19, he'll beat the hell out of Biden. How could anyone fear the cold virus, after POTUS, at 74 got through it, no problem? Got a hunch face-masks, and all the restrictions crap, will be come a lot less popular, even among many of those basement-dwelling democrats.
02-10-2020 21:07
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:

Other than being a little over weight, Trump doesn't have any chronic health issues, that we know about. It's just a cold virus, should be fine with the White House medical team closely monitoring. The mortality rate is more directly tied to the other medical issues a patient brings with them, and how long it took them to seek medical attention. We've had quite a few people in their 90s beat the apocalyptic plague, here in Florida.

Trump can beat Covid-19, he'll beat the hell out of Biden. How could anyone fear the cold virus, after POTUS, at 74 got through it, no problem? Got a hunch face-masks, and all the restrictions crap, will be come a lot less popular, even among many of those basement-dwelling democrats.

A lot of people like living in basements, fewer distractions. As for voting for a president this election, I won't be voting for one. There is no candidate that I care to support. And I don't think the healthcare that President Trump receives will make a difference or not when it comes to him becoming a statistic.
If he goes to Walter Reed Medical Center, that's government healthcare and if he survives Covid 19, then it would show that government healthcare can provide high quality medical care at less cost than what people obtain through private insurance.
And this would support President Trump saying that many countries have better healthcare than the US.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/may/05/trump-healthcare-australia-better-malcolm-turnbull

Of course, if President Trump becomes a part of the mortality rate associated with Covid 19, then his supporters will be able to say he should have been treated by a private, for profit health care provider.
Kind of why with some issues I'd prefer to leave the politics out of things.
02-10-2020 22:29
(21592)
James___ wrote:
If he goes to Walter Reed Medical Center, that's government healthcare and if he survives Covid 19, then it would show that government healthcare can provide high quality medical care at less cost than what people obtain through private insurance.

It shows no such thing.

The Parrot Killer

Page 1 of 3123>

Join the debate one sick person (covid):

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Actor Jamie Foxx is now blind and paralyzed due to the covid vaccine that he was forced to take1011-02-2024 01:28
BREAKING NEWS Vaccinated Jill Xiden gets covid for second time005-09-2023 05:37
Bodybuilder Gustavo Badel dead of covid vaccine stroke. Ans the real carnage begins3017-07-2023 15:41
Put This Dangerous Stupid Person Beings Entity Into International Blacklist Please017-07-2023 05:37
Jamie Foxx seen sitting on a boat, because he cannot stand since his covid 19 vaccination2815-07-2023 20:46
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact