Remember me
▼ Content

One reason for social distancing/isolation



Page 18 of 20<<<1617181920>
30-06-2020 23:50
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(12779)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:...I knew you would ...shift ...to "all racism."
Oh I know that you and GFM believe the only significant racism today is affirmative action and BLM/DNC racism perpetrated against those they call "white people".

You don't get to speak for anyone but you. Mantra 30.
tmiddles wrote:
We were and are talking about about racism perpetrated against black people.

Racism. Mantra 9c.
tmiddles wrote:
You and GFM seem to think a clever ploy is to pretend I invented this.

RQAA. Mantra 15...21d...
tmiddles wrote:
I have shared with you some of the US history you should have already known but seem clueless about.

Mantra 21f...16b...9c...
tmiddles wrote:
You have not answered my question as to when you believe this racism ended. Or maybe you don't think even slavery was racist? I don't know you're pretty nutty.

RQAA. Mantra 29.
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote: You know they were able to determine who could be enslaved based on race too.

Who are "they" and what definition of "race" did "they" use?
gfm7175 wrote:Define "colored people"
"They" would have been slave owner, traders, courts and our government.

Not all slave owners were 'white' not all slaves were 'black'. You can't even define what 'white and 'black' is. Mantras 21f...9c...9b...
tmiddles wrote:
You don't deny that slavery existed do you?

RQAA. Mantra 29.
tmiddles wrote:
I believe they defined it based on lineage/blood legally.

Nope. Slavery existed legally. Anyone could be slave owner and anyone could be a slave. It has since been outlawed, but it still exists today nevertheless.
tmiddles wrote:
But here's an example of a Virginia law if you're really interested:
...deleted Holy Link... (not repealed until 1967)
They refer to "colored blood" and "The Act classified all non-whites, including Native Americans, as "colored."[2]"

Racism. Mantra 9c.
tmiddles wrote:
As I've said already my definition of the categories and labels applied by other people is simply to recognize they have made those determinations.

Racism. Mantra 9c.
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote: No those are laws against "Hate Speech". A "Hate Crime" law gives special circumstances to a crime, like assault.

You are simply exchanging the word "circumstance" for "having politically incorrect thoughts or emotions" ... which are entirely legal.
No a crime is committed which is not speech:

No one said it was. Mantra 30...16c...
tmiddles wrote:
Assault for example.

A crime, regardless of who the victim and perpetrator is. Mantra 16c.
tmiddles wrote:
But pretend you didn't catch that again.

Catch what? Your racism?
tmiddles wrote:
I would have thought you'd take enough of interest in Hate Crime laws not to need me to explain them to you.

Racism. Unconstitutional laws. Mantras 9c...
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:You are trying to bypass the legislature
Hate Crime laws are passed by the legislature.

They don't have the authority to pass such a law. See the Constitution of the United States.
tmiddles wrote:
Georgia being one of the last to do so. Just 3 states left I believe.

They don't have authority to pass such a law. See the Constitution of the United States.
Racism. Mantra 9c.

No argument presented. RQAA. Racism. Denial of law.


The Parrot Killer
01-07-2020 06:51
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3260)
Into the Night wrote:...
Not all slave owners were 'white' not all slaves were 'black'. ...Slavery existed legally. Anyone could be slave owner and anyone could be a slave...

Wow ITN! So you're saying slavery wasn't racist?

That is amazing


You know so much BS.
01-07-2020 07:50
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(7051)
tgoebbles wrote: We were and are talking about about racism perpetrated against black people.

... and now we come full circle. This is where you need to define "black people" in order to make a valid point rather have your empty buzzword tossed and your argument summarily dismissed because you have no argument according to anything you have defined.

tgoebbles wrote: You and GFM seem to think a clever ploy is to pretend I invented this.

Frankly it doesn't matter who invented your empty buzzword, you are the one pretending to make a valid argument with it.

tgoebbles wrote: I have shared with you some of the US history ...

... when the topic is the present.

tgoebbles wrote: You have not answered my question as to when you believe this racism ended.

I didn't have my eyes on the game clock but maybe someone else knows in which minute the problem of racism was got the red card.


tgoebbles wrote:I believe they defined it based on lineage/blood legally.

So let me get this straight: the definition of "black people" are those who have "black people" lineage? Did I get that right? Do you see a problem with that?

tgoebbles wrote: As I've said already my definition of the categories and labels applied by other people ...

Don't be trying to duck out by throwing "other people" under the bus. This has been your term; you own it. Define it, or have you been gibbering this whole time?

tgoebbles wrote: No a crime is committed which is not speech: Assault for example. But pretend you didn't catch that again.

You are the one pretending to ignore the implications of what you advocate.

I have explained this to you thoroughly. You are a Marxist bent on destroying my country. I'm not going to explain it again. You are WRONG!


.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
01-07-2020 10:06
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3260)
IBdaMann wrote:...you need to define "black people" in order to make a valid point...
And you're free to think that.

IBdaMann wrote:...your empty buzzword tossed and your argument summarily dismissed...
and you're free continue dismissing it.

It will remain a part of where we have all come from as the US in spite of your efforts. This is the Constitution of the Confederate States; March 11, 1861link
"[The Congress shall not pass any]... law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passed."

Or here, Georgia's former governor said of the Confederacy "[I]ts foundations are laid, its cornerstone rests upon the great truth, that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery—subordination to the superior race—is his natural and normal condition. This, our new government, is the first, in the history of the world, based upon this great physical, philosophical, and moral truth."link

Can you believe there are statues of that guy? There are! In his own state park in Georgia! Wow " A H Stephens State Park. "


Now I know I know you'll want me to define "negro" for you. I'm going to pass on the homework assignment. You figure out how to justify your own claims.

IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote: I have shared with you some of the US history ...

... when the topic is the present.
And I've asked you several times now when you think racism in persecution of black Americans ended. Jogger Ahmaud Arbery was shot dead in Georgia 2/23/20 as you know by neighborhood watch yahoos (leading to Georgia finally passing a hate crimes law). The eye witness testimony from the 3rd man present from the watch is that Travis McMichael, after he had shot the unarmed man dead, said "f---ing n-word".link

And if Feb isn't recent enough for you we have our own president retweeting a chant of "white power" in support of him:
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/28/politics/trump-tweet-supporters-man-chants-white-power/index.html
That was just Sunday, 60 hours ago? so that's certainly the present.

IBdaMann wrote:...the definition of "black people" are those who have "black people" lineage?
I know you struggle with the concept of language in that a word or phrase is defined by it's user. There is no one definitive definition. "Black People" can be used in pride or persecution. Play all the games you want with the dictionary but you're playing with yourself.

IBdaMann wrote:This has been your term; you own it. Define it,...
No.

IBdaMann wrote:
tmiddles wrote: [with HATE CRIME LAWS] ...a crime is committed which is not speech: Assault for example....

You are the one pretending to ignore the implications of what you advocate.
We have had hate crime laws on the books since 1978. Only 3 states remain without them and there are federal laws. So why don't you show the evidence of how the laws have been abused. Or have we been lucky these 42 years?
Edited on 01-07-2020 10:40
01-07-2020 10:08
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(12779)
tmiddles wrote:...deleted racism...


Stuff it, dude.


The Parrot Killer
01-07-2020 16:07
James___
★★★★★
(2834)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:...
Not all slave owners were 'white' not all slaves were 'black'. ...Slavery existed legally. Anyone could be slave owner and anyone could be a slave...

Wow ITN! So you're saying slavery wasn't racist?

That is amazing


You know so much BS.



Do you know one of the most stupid things I ever read was? African-Americans at Berea College in Berea, Ky. complained that there was no store that catered to African-Americans. An example would be hair products. No WHITE person opened a store to make money serving African-Americans.
My question is, since African-Americans get African-Americans, why didn't an African-American student or their family do one like how Avon sold cosmetics?
And if you watch the movie Self Made about an African-American woman who became the first African-American woman to become a millionaire, it seems that even the African-American community has it's ways.
So how would you say that 2 different cultures should interact? Myself, I happen to like Star Trek. Do you like Romulans or Cardassians? How about Ferengi? The Ferengi only care about profit.
And with me tmiddles, many groups dislike me because as a disabled Veteran I am willing to work to change my situation. But my fellow Americans say we shouldn't have to work for something because all we need to know is how good we are. I'm no fun at parties.
01-07-2020 17:33
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(7051)
tgoebbles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:...your empty buzzword tossed and your argument summarily dismissed...
and you're free continue dismissing it.

I only needed to dismiss it once.


tgoebbles wrote: Can you believe there are statues of that guy?

We've had this discussion. Yes, we should expect there to be statues and works of art dedicated to leaders. As times change, statues need to be moved to museums.

BLM, on the other hand, wants to destroy history because they are terrorist dumbfukks. They are vandals, looters, lynchers and they should be sniped the moment they put anyone in danger. There are statues of Hitler that we should definitely preserve in museums to remember our history.



BLM is like the Taliban, i.e. immature, hateful, spiteful, lawless, etc.. This world used to have great statues of Buddah that the Taliban destroyed the moment they had the opportunity.



When is BLM planning on flying some aircraft into buildings?

tgoebbles wrote: Now I know I know you'll want me to define "negro" for you.

Correct. Is there a reason you don't define your terms. I'm still waiting for a valid definition of Climate Change, Global Warming and of Greenhouse Effect and the only definition you gave for Global Warming doesn't involve all of the earth but an undefined portion thereof, and the only definition you offered for Greenhouse Effect was based on the subjunctive and was immediately dismissed.

Now you are throwing around terms like "black people," "white people," "colored people" and "negro" and you REFUSE to define them ... and strangely you claim that I am somehow "denying" that which you REFUSE to define, i.e. you are somehow blaming me for your utter confusion.


Over the course of almost a full year, tgoebbles has identified (generated, actually) the following key questions that really need to be answered:

Here is the list of the outstanding questions:

1) Is Global Warming unambiguously defined? If so then how?
2) Is Climate Change unambiguously defined? If so then how?
3) Is Greenhouse Effect unambiguously defined? If so then how?
4) Why should any rational adult believe in Global Warming?
5) Why should any rational adult believe in Climate Change?
6) Why should any rational adult believe in Greenhouse Effect?
7) How can I unambiguously demonstrate to my children thermal energy flowing from cooler to warmer?
8) How can I know the temperature of a large, unspecified volume, e.g. Denver, to within, say, 10degF with only one temperature measurement, e.g. the Denver airport?
9) What is the unambiguous definition of "black people"?
10) What is the unambiguous definition of "white people"?
11) What is the unambiguous definition of "negro"?
12) What is the unambiguous definition of "race"?
- 12a) Is there an official list of races? How do I determine my own/that of my children?
13) Why should any rational adult believe that there is a problem of racism in the United States?
14) Why should law abiding citizens be rendered defenseless before rampant violent crime?
15) Where in the 1st Amendment is "hate" prohibited such that, if shown, a prosecutor can throw someone in jail for having had that emotion/thought?

Would you like me to post these questions in a separate thread?

OK! Sure, I can do that.

Done!


tgoebbles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
[quote]tgoebbles wrote: I have shared with you some of the US history ...
... when the topic is the present.
And I've asked you several times now when you think racism in persecution of black Americans ended.

Read my answer. When that happened, I was paying attention to other things.


tgoebbles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:...the definition of "black people" are those who have "black people" lineage?
I know you struggle with the concept of language in that a word or phrase is defined by it's user.

Incorrect. I have absolutely no problem pointing out that you are slinging empty buzzwords ... except here you are the user ... and you aren't defining it.

So ... you have used the terms "black people," "white dudes," "negro" and others. That makes you the user. Define them so we know what you mean.

tgoebbles wrote: There is no one definitive definition.

But there is your definition. Define away.


tgoebbles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:This has been your term; you own it. Define it,...
No.

Thank you. You are nothing more than an intellectual coward and dishonest broker. It explains why all of your arguments are WRONG!


.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
01-07-2020 18:08
gfm7175Profile picture★★★☆☆
(920)
tmiddles is still being a racist, I see...
01-07-2020 20:55
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3260)
IBdaMann wrote:.... As times change, statues need to be moved to museums..

They already have one of A H Stephens in a Georgia Museum.. "A bust of Stephens is front and center at the Gold Dome, and he is immortalized in a massive sculpture in the U.S. Capitol's Statuary Hall. "
That one in the previous post is in his own State Park right now.
Do you think they should move it to a museum and rename the park?

How many Saddam Hussein statues should Iraq have placed in a museum? All of them?

IBdaMann wrote:..
... you have used the terms "black people," "white dudes," ...Define them....
The President of the United States just posted on his Twitter two days ago a video of a man in a cart with TRUMP flags waving, yelling "white power".

Did you want me to define "white power" for you? To explain what he meant?

Not my job to explain the world to you. You should care a lot more than you do.
Edited on 01-07-2020 21:00
01-07-2020 21:03
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(12779)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:.... As times change, statues need to be moved to museums..

They already have one of A H Stephens in a Georgia Museum.. "A bust of Stephens is front and center at the Gold Dome, and he is immortalized in a massive sculpture in the U.S. Capitol's Statuary Hall. "
That one in the previous post is in his own State Park right now.
Do you think they should move it to a museum and rename the park?

How many Saddam Hussein statues should Iraq have placed in a museum? All of them?

IBdaMann wrote:..
... you have used the terms "black people," "white dudes," ...Define them....
The President of the United States just posted on his Twitter two days ago a video of a man in a cart with TRUMP flags waving, yelling "white power".

Did you want me to define "white power" for you? To explain what he meant?

Not my job to explain the world to you. You should care a lot more than you do.


You are not the world. You cannot speak for the world. You can only speak for you.
Answer his questions put to you.


The Parrot Killer
01-07-2020 21:10
James___
★★★★★
(2834)
gfm7175 wrote:
tmiddles is still being a racist, I see...



gfm7175,
You guys are missing something here. And I understand that Americans are really American'ts. Just an outsiders perspective.
Your friend in Denver has been on about the coronavirus, right amigo? Comme sta? When a person has a heart condition and Covid 19 / coronavirus, is there anything to be concerned about?
An example is, can an African-American like George Floyd have coronavirus and a heart problem? This at the same time? I know white people do. I mean Americans.
I'm Nordic and such viruses don't infect me. Am being serious. This also gives me a 4 times greater chance of cancer.
Why I mention this is that some people (medical examiners) claim that George Floyd had both cornavirus and and underlying condition which was a problem with his heart.
Is it possible that what actually caused his death was coronavirus?
With me, I usually post online "manslaughter" because police officers are not doctors. And when an individual in custody implies that they have a medical condition that the officer cannot diagnose, then immediate medical attention should be sought.
This did not happen with George Floyd which is why there is a problem. If he would've been transported to a hospital and have died because of medical issues, then this would be a none story. But that didn't happen.
And this is where saying Mr. Floyd was murdered could create more problems. No one is saying he should've been transported to the hospital. It's well known that when someone is choked that there is bruising on their neck and the hyoid bone usually breaks. If neither feature associated with strangulation can be shown then most likely coronavirus and an underlying medical condition were the cause of death.
I just don't know how you guys missed this. Don't the facts matter?
Edited on 01-07-2020 21:12
01-07-2020 21:13
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3260)
Into the Night wrote:
You are not the world. You cannot speak for the world. You can only speak for you.
Answer his questions put to you.
IBD wants me to explain what other people mean when they say things like "White Power". Trump posted that on his twitter so I'm guessing he knows what it means. The man who shouted "White Power" I would assume knows what he meant when he said it.

AH Stephens no doubt knew what he meant when he said "negro" and "white" and "superior race".

As you've said ITN it is not my role to speak for the world. This is US History and the the United States today.

You should both care enough to figure these things out for youself.

It's not my job to tutor you.
Edited on 01-07-2020 21:25
01-07-2020 21:20
James___
★★★★★
(2834)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
You are not the world. You cannot speak for the world. You can only speak for you.
Answer his questions put to you.
IBD wants me to explain what other people mean when they say things like "White Power". Trump posted that on his twitter so I'm guessing he knows what it means. The man who shouted "White Power" I would assume knows what he meant when he said it.

AH Stephens no doubt knew what he meant when he said "negro" and "white" and "superior race".

As you've said ITN it is not my roll to speak for the world. This is US History and the the United States today.

You should both care enough to figure these things out for youself.

It's not my job to tutor you.



Barrack Obama was black. Yet the media found African-Americans who said "He is not one of us. His father was from Africa."
Are you aware that race relations became worse under a "black" president?
I mean it is as you say, when a person states that my father was from Africa and is a negroid, elect me POTUS and they are elected, where is the discrimination?
And for icing on the cake, even white guys thought Michelle was HOT!!!
I mean if you could sleep with her, would you? I would. She's HOT!!
Yet things got worse. Care to explain?
Edited on 01-07-2020 21:25
01-07-2020 22:20
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(12779)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
You are not the world. You cannot speak for the world. You can only speak for you.
Answer his questions put to you.
IBD wants me to explain what other people mean when they say things like "White Power". Trump posted that on his twitter so I'm guessing he knows what it means. The man who shouted "White Power" I would assume knows what he meant when he said it.

AH Stephens no doubt knew what he meant when he said "negro" and "white" and "superior race".

You don't to speak for anyone else. You only get to speak for you. Mantra 30.
tmiddles wrote:
As you've said ITN it is not my role to speak for the world. This is US History and the the United States today.

Non-sequitur fallacy. Irrelevance fallacy. Racism. Mantras 15...16b...21d...
tmiddles wrote:
You should both care enough to figure these things out for youself.

Figure out what? Your racism? We already know you are racist and bigoted.
tmiddles wrote:
It's not my job to tutor you.

You can't.


The Parrot Killer
01-07-2020 22:26
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3260)
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:...IBD wants me to explain what other people mean ...

You don't to speak for anyone else.
That's what I just said.

Into the Night wrote:Figure out what? Your racism?
Is the US History, monuments and legacy and AH Stephens my racism? Isn't it our country's racism that we all have to deal with?

You have said the Civil War had nothing to do with slavery and you are now claiming there is no racism in the US directed at black people.

So yeah you got a lot to figure out.
Edited on 01-07-2020 22:37
01-07-2020 22:30
Xadoman
★★☆☆☆
(189)
I can not understand what is wrong with the word "negro"? In my country we call black skinned person "neeger". When it comes to different races and their hierarchy then it is obious that on overall white race is currently superior to others. Negros are superior physically. They humiliate other races in athletism. They are strongest, have most stamina and in hand to hand combat would destroy every other race with ease. If negros would crank up their average IQ over whites in the future then negros will be superior to other races.
01-07-2020 22:30
gfm7175Profile picture★★★☆☆
(920)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
You are not the world. You cannot speak for the world. You can only speak for you.
Answer his questions put to you.
IBD wants me to explain what other people mean when they say things like "White Power".

tmiddlesC3a. Bogus position assignment. Evasion.

Answer IBD's questions. He was even kind enough to create a separate thread containing all the questions that he has for you, of which you have yet to participate in...

"5 hours and still no response... blah blah blah... mantra mantra mantra..."

tmiddles wrote:
Trump posted that on his twitter so I'm guessing he knows what it means. The man who shouted "White Power" I would assume knows what he meant when he said it.

AH Stephens no doubt knew what he meant when he said "negro" and "white" and "superior race".

Evasion from YOU defining YOUR terms that YOU use (as buzzwords). Answer IBD's questions...

tmiddles wrote:
As you've said ITN it is not my role to speak for the world.

Yet you keep trying to do so... Why is this?

tmiddles wrote:
This is US History and the the United States today.

You keep trying to revise US History in various ways...

tmiddles wrote:
You should both care enough to figure these things out for youself.

It's not my job to tutor you.

You're not tutoring. You are a fundamentalist who keeps preaching his religion, hating all who don't "fall into line"...
01-07-2020 22:42
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3260)
gfm7175 wrote:
tmiddles wrote:...IBD wants me to explain what other people mean...
...Bogus position assignment....Answer IBD's questions.
What do I mean when I say that AH Stephens used the word "negro" and "white"? I'm happy to answer that. I mean that it's a quote from AH Stephens.

gfm7175 wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
Trump posted that on his twitter ...
...YOU defining YOUR terms
Again that's our president and an unidentified man in a golf cart. What I mean is that they said "White Power".

gfm7175 wrote:
You keep trying to revise US History in various ways...
Such as?
01-07-2020 22:46
James___
★★★★★
(2834)
Xadoman wrote:
I can not understand what is wrong with the word "negro"? In my country we call black skinned person "neeger". When it comes to different races and their hierarchy then it is obious that on overall white race is currently superior to others. Negros are superior physically. They humiliate other races in athletism. They are strongest, have most stamina and in hand to hand combat would destroy every other race with ease. If negros would crank up their average IQ over whites in the future then negros will be superior to other races.



This guy is the 2nd fastest person in Major League Baseball and faster than everyone in the National Football League.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clsa7ZpPe88
01-07-2020 22:48
gfm7175Profile picture★★★☆☆
(920)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:...IBD wants me to explain what other people mean ...

You don't to speak for anyone else.
That's what I just said.

Yet you keep trying to speak for others...

tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:Figure out what? Your racism?
Is the US History, monuments and legacy and AH Stephens my racism?

The racist things which you espouse is your racism.

tmiddles wrote:
Isn't it our country's racism that we all have to deal with?

Speaking of which...

tmiddles wrote:
You have said the Civil War had nothing to do with slavery

It was not a civil war and it was not about slavery. It was about the federal government's violation of the 4th Amendment.

tmiddles wrote:
and you are now claiming there is no racism in the US directed at black people.

tmiddlesC8. Continued bogus position assignment. Mantra 30.

tmiddles wrote:
So yeah you got a lot to figure out.

Inversion Fallacy. Try starting with how to form a valid argument...
01-07-2020 23:02
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(7051)
tgoebbles wrote:A bust of Stephens is front and center at the Gold Dome, and he is immortalized in a massive sculpture in the U.S. Capitol's Statuary Hall. "

It isn't the statue that immortalizes him but what history has recorded of him. The statue stands as a testament to his prominence at the time which affords historians valuable information.

tgoebbles wrote: That one in the previous post is in his own State Park right now. Do you think they should move it to a museum and rename the park?

The people should decide when a statue's time for display in a public place has ended and should be moved to a museum.

tgoebbles wrote: How many Saddam Hussein statues should Iraq have placed in a museum? All of them?

Yes, all of them.

tgoebbles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:..
... you have used the terms "black people," "white dudes," ...Define them....
The President of the United States just posted on his Twitter two days ago a video of a man in a cart with TRUMP flags waving, yelling "white power".

Given this amazing occurrence, what is your defintion of "black people" and of "white dudes"?

tgoebbles wrote: Did you want me to define "white power" for you? To explain what he meant?

Yes, absolutely, right after you define "black people" and "white dudes." Yes, I want to read that as well.

tgoebbles wrote: Not my job to explain the world to you.

It's your job to explain all your incoherent RAVING. It's your job to define the terms you use. It's your job to support your affirmative arguments. It's your responsibility to avoid EVASION and other forms of intellectual dishonesty.

You should care a lot more than you do. You should be a lot more honest than you are. You should support terrorism less than you do. You should support law-abiding citizens' ability to protect themselves than you do. You should make a concerted effort to learn something occasionally. You should think for yourself more than you do. You should accept that physics is not able to be violated by WACKY religious dogma. You should not foment HATRED and intolerance and racism and bigotry and violence as much as you do.



.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
01-07-2020 23:06
gfm7175Profile picture★★★☆☆
(920)
tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
tmiddles wrote:...IBD wants me to explain what other people mean...
...Bogus position assignment....Answer IBD's questions.
What do I mean when I say that AH Stephens used the word "negro" and "white"? I'm happy to answer that. I mean that it's a quote from AH Stephens.

I don't care about AH Stephens. I care about YOU and YOUR usage of words. YOU have used the word "black people", for example. I don't know what you mean by that when you use it. You need to define your terminology for me...

tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
Trump posted that on his twitter ...
...YOU defining YOUR terms
Again that's our president and an unidentified man in a golf cart. What I mean is that they said "White Power".

I don't care what they said. I care what YOU said. YOU said "black people". YOU have not defined "black people" as YOU are using the term. YOU need to define what you mean by "black people"...

tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
You keep trying to revise US History in various ways...
Such as?

RQAA.
01-07-2020 23:23
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3260)
gfm7175 wrote:
It was not a civil war and it was not about slavery. It was about the federal government's violation of the 4th Amendment.
You are entitled to your opinion.

I disagree with you as does the late Mr. Stephens.

IBdaMann wrote: The statue stands as a testament to his prominence at the time which affords historians valuable information.
A statue IS prominence in any time in which it towers over people. It is a huge honor and makes the statement that the person is to be revered. It doesn't make that in the past it makes that the day you see the statue standing over you.

I agree historical information should not be lost. Portraying traitors to our country and vile human beings like Mr. Stephens as venerable is a distortion of history, not a lesson in it.

It's simply white supremacist propaganda.

IBdaMann wrote:
Tmiddles wrote: Did you want me to define "white power" for you?
Yes, absolutely,
I'll pass.

Ask Trump, he posted the video.

Did you not have an opinion on how many Saddam Hussein statues should Iraq have placed in a museum? All of them?

gfm7175 wrote:I don't care about AH Stephens.
Well sadly that does nothing to change things.

gfm7175 wrote:"black people", for example. I don't know what you mean by that when you use it.
I mean that it how a person/people is/are identified by others. I have answered this many times now.
01-07-2020 23:26
Xadoman
★★☆☆☆
(189)
James___ wrote:
Xadoman wrote:
I can not understand what is wrong with the word "negro"? In my country we call black skinned person "neeger". When it comes to different races and their hierarchy then it is obious that on overall white race is currently superior to others. Negros are superior physically. They humiliate other races in athletism. They are strongest, have most stamina and in hand to hand combat would destroy every other race with ease. If negros would crank up their average IQ over whites in the future then negros will be superior to other races.



This guy is the 2nd fastest person in Major League Baseball and faster than everyone in the National Football League.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clsa7ZpPe88


I do not watch sports anymore. Sports is racist because negros dominate it left and right in every aspect. There are almost no white guys in the NBA now. Boxing is also completely dominated by blacks. The national football team of France was full of blacks and they completely dominated the word cup. I have nothing against blacks but it gets uninteresting to me to see how white people get completely humiliated by blacks. In sports there is also a big steroid problem. Those who are on the top they all take a lot of juice. It is fun to watch but many people will honestly belive that those guys are clean. They have been fooled and when I tell them about it they get angry at me.
01-07-2020 23:38
gfm7175Profile picture★★★☆☆
(920)
tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
It was not a civil war and it was not about slavery. It was about the federal government's violation of the 4th Amendment.
You are entitled to your opinion.

History is not "my opinion".

tmiddles wrote:
I disagree with you as does the late Mr. Stephens.

You don't speak for Mr. Stephens and I have no way of interrogating Mr Stephens. You disagree?? Great... Now here is where you form a valid argument rebutting my own... You know, that thing which you seem incapable of doing... Even keepit has formed a valid argument before for goodness sake...


tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote: The statue stands as a testament to his prominence at the time which affords historians valuable information.
A statue IS prominence in any time in which it towers over people. It is a huge honor and makes the statement that the person is to be revered. It doesn't make that in the past it makes that the day you see the statue standing over you.

I agree historical information should not be lost. Portraying traitors to our country and vile human beings like Mr. Stephens as venerable is a distortion of history, not a lesson in it.

It's simply white supremacist propaganda.

OH GOODIE!!!! Another buzzword for you to define... I'm going to add this to the list in the thread which you continue to ignore... Define "white supremacist".

tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Tmiddles wrote: Did you want me to define "white power" for you?
Yes, absolutely,
I'll pass.

Ask Trump, he posted the video.

Evasion.

tmiddles wrote:
Did you not have an opinion on how many Saddam Hussein statues should Iraq have placed in a museum? All of them?

RQAA.

tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:I don't care about AH Stephens.
Well sadly that does nothing to change things.

What "things"?

tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:"black people", for example. I don't know what you mean by that when you use it.
I mean that it how a person/people is/are identified by others. I have answered this many times now.

Continued evasion. What is your unambiguous definition for "black people" as YOU are using the term?
01-07-2020 23:53
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3260)
gfm7175 wrote:
You don't speak for Mr. Stephens...
He has spoken and I provided the quote.

gfm7175 wrote:Define "white supremacist".
AH Stephens is an example. He stated that the white race was superior. A white supremacists believes int he supremacy of the white race. That is their belief not mine so you'll need to ask one of them should you find the topic interesting. Sadly we have plenty of them today.

But again I'm not your tutor. Figure it out yourself.

gfm7175 wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:I don't care about AH Stephens.
Well sadly that does nothing to change things.
What "things"?
That we live today in the shadow of a statue to a traitor to our country who helped found a confederacy based on white supremacy.

gfm7175 wrote:...your unambiguous definition for "black people" as YOU are using the term?
I have answered you many times now. I don't have a personal definition for "black people", "black man", "black woman", "colored people" or any of the other terminology. I simply recognize that those labels are used by others and I'm aware that definitions, by other people, vary. You are asking for an unambiguous definition for words used by people in a variety of ways and for a variety of reasons. Good luck. You'll need to figure that out on your own.

I know the Mr. McMichael defined Mr. Arbery as a "black man" because, after shooting him in the street, he used the N-word racial epithet I am aware is associated with that definition. I don't have my own definition for either term.


I will not have another answer for you but I'm happy to answer you again if you'd like to repeat yourself.
Edited on 02-07-2020 00:17
02-07-2020 00:00
James___
★★★★★
(2834)
Xadoman wrote:
James___ wrote:
Xadoman wrote:
I can not understand what is wrong with the word "negro"? In my country we call black skinned person "neeger". When it comes to different races and their hierarchy then it is obious that on overall white race is currently superior to others. Negros are superior physically. They humiliate other races in athletism. They are strongest, have most stamina and in hand to hand combat would destroy every other race with ease. If negros would crank up their average IQ over whites in the future then negros will be superior to other races.



This guy is the 2nd fastest person in Major League Baseball and faster than everyone in the National Football League.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clsa7ZpPe88


I do not watch sports anymore. Sports is racist because negros dominate it left and right in every aspect. There are almost no white guys in the NBA now. Boxing is also completely dominated by blacks. The national football team of France was full of blacks and they completely dominated the word cup. I have nothing against blacks but it gets uninteresting to me to see how white people get completely humiliated by blacks. In sports there is also a big steroid problem. Those who are on the top they all take a lot of juice. It is fun to watch but many people will honestly belive that those guys are clean. They have been fooled and when I tell them about it they get angry at me.



This might have more to do with how people perceive economic opportunity.
In the US, the reality seems to be that the top 1/3 income earners are separated from everyone else.
With me, in school I wasn't considered smart. If I had an American accent I might have been a straight A student. Unfortunately a Norwegian accent in an American school spells S-T-U-P-I-D.
This is where I usually refer to Star Trek. One show I like watching but I hate it at the same time as Sue Thomas, FB Eye (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0329934/). She is considered deaf and despite working for the FBI is a nobody. She has no life.
As a disabled Veteran and having a significant service connected hearing loss, I'm not a nice person. Ask my son.
What Star Trek shows is that communities need to develop value within themselves or they'll only be servants. And between sociology and economics, I doubt that will change.
Edited on 02-07-2020 00:02
02-07-2020 00:59
Xadoman
★★☆☆☆
(189)
What Star Trek shows is that communities need to develop value within themselves or they'll only be servant


Negros till this day can not build a modern civilization on their own. On overall they are yet not as civilized as whites and that is the problem that causes a lot of racism. We do not have a lot of blacks here but I see other countries that have imported them and I see the trouble they bring with themselves. They rape , murder, beat up people to steal etc etc. I do not want to live side by side with blacks because of it. They are physically much stronger than whites and therefore I would have to buy a gun to protect myself.
02-07-2020 01:32
James___
★★★★★
(2834)
Xadoman wrote:
What Star Trek shows is that communities need to develop value within themselves or they'll only be servant


Negros till this day can not build a modern civilization on their own. On overall they are yet not as civilized as whites and that is the problem that causes a lot of racism. We do not have a lot of blacks here but I see other countries that have imported them and I see the trouble they bring with themselves. They rape , murder, beat up people to steal etc etc. I do not want to live side by side with blacks because of it. They are physically much stronger than whites and therefore I would have to buy a gun to protect myself.



And yet President Trump is better than you because none of his children are 100% Americans. I will be voting for President Trump because he knows that Americans are inferior. Just ask his wives and their children who are not American.

He is your president. And all of his children are like me, only 50% American unless you count Native Americans. Powhatans don't count because they don't exist. Just a friendly reminder of Jamestown from James 2:26.

And with me, I simply love this. I am James and yet my town was killed off when my people allowed for it. Simply love it.

Edited on 02-07-2020 01:37
02-07-2020 02:01
James___
★★★★★
(2834)
C'mon guys. Can't ya'all say that the Powhatans died off because of too many James in America?
I mean my name is James. Can't you say I killed off the Powhatans? You guys are missing an easy opportunity to attack me. In this forum, there are no rules. Please show me that you guys have some balls about you. James (town) killed off the Powhatans. Real easy to say.
And if you guys can't insult me over this, I'm not sure I could respect you. The Powhatans have as much right as anyone else to be ridiculed. To say you can't is to say they don't matter. That is the worst insult of all. Yep, I had to go there. If you can't insult a people, that's only because they don't matter.
Edited on 02-07-2020 02:36
02-07-2020 04:09
duncan61
★★☆☆☆
(366)
Xadoman wrote:
What Star Trek shows is that communities need to develop value within themselves or they'll only be servant


Negros till this day can not build a modern civilization on their own. On overall they are yet not as civilized as whites and that is the problem that causes a lot of racism. We do not have a lot of blacks here but I see other countries that have imported them and I see the trouble they bring with themselves. They rape , murder, beat up people to steal etc etc. I do not want to live side by side with blacks because of it. They are physically much stronger than whites and therefore I would have to buy a gun to protect myself.


Our Indigenous Aborigional people are the same.The only culture in the world to never invent the wheel.Now they hang around the city being loud,drunk and obnoxious.There is the occasional mob Assault but mostly they are just embarrassing and annoying.There are special people that feel they have been hurt and need help but I bet they do not wish to have them as neighbors.I have spent a good deal of my life doing plumbing on remote communities and lived in their world but I am racist as all hell.They are all individuals and there is a lot of racism with in their own groups


duncan61
02-07-2020 06:16
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(12779)
tmiddles wrote:...deleted racism...


Stuff it.


The Parrot Killer
02-07-2020 07:21
James___
★★★★★
(2834)
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:...deleted racism...


Stuff it.



You didn't get much of a reaction. I'm trying to channel my "inner" Billy Jack here.
I'm getting nothing. Maybe if we "defined" who was oppressed? Can we pick a sport and ask who is the "greatest"?
That might help to understand who is oppressed. Maybe someone can make a list from tv commercials?
Oh, I know, we can start with Cassius Clay. Then LeBron James, Tiger Woods and Venus Williams. And they are the best because they are all Americans.
Now if someone isn't an American, it seems that Americans are the best.
Edited on 02-07-2020 07:26
03-07-2020 13:06
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3260)
IBdaMann wrote: The statue stands as a testament to his prominence at the time which affords historians valuable information.

The people of Iraq were making history here:


Just as we are when we fight against white supremacy.


I don't see a difference.
Edited on 03-07-2020 13:08
03-07-2020 20:13
James___
★★★★★
(2834)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote: The statue stands as a testament to his prominence at the time which affords historians valuable information.

The people of Iraq were making history here:


Just as we are when we fight against white supremacy.


I don't see a difference.



And there was/is ISIS.
https://www.history.com/topics/21st-century/isis

At the same time, Rome fell because of strife within. It creates conflict when accusing someone of murder when they died from medical problems. How do we improve race relations when the actual cause of death doesn't matter?
If you really support change, then you'd want the former officer tried for manslaughter because he did not seek medical care for George Floyd.
Many people died from having both coronavirus and an underlying health condition. And if you look at the number of deaths that the 3rd Reich in Germany caused, over 30 million. That's a very significant number. And yet today they are a part of both NATO and the EU.

Quoting Malcolm X;

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it is for or against. I'm a human being, first and foremost, and as such I'm for whoever and whatever benefits humanity as a whole."
― Malcolm X

Some of his quotes; https://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/17435.Malcolm_X
Edited on 03-07-2020 20:29
03-07-2020 21:02
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(12779)
tmiddles wrote:
IBdaMann wrote: The statue stands as a testament to his prominence at the time which affords historians valuable information.

The people of Iraq were making history here:


Just as we are when we fight against white supremacy.


I don't see a difference.


Because you deny history.


The Parrot Killer
03-07-2020 22:35
tmiddlesProfile picture★★★★★
(3260)
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
I don't see a difference.

Because you deny history.
How's that? Saddam Hussein was Prime Minister of Iraq from 1979 to 2003

I am not worried that historians or the people of Iraq are in any way deprived by the loss of his statues.

Robert E Lee was a traitor the United States and the General in Chief of the Armies of the Confederate States in 1865.

Both men are scum. They both have supporters. Their overthrow IS history, not a denial of it.
Edited on 03-07-2020 23:26
03-07-2020 23:35
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(7051)
tmiddles wrote:I am not worried that historians or the people of Iraq are in any way deprived by the loss of his statues.

... because you HATE humanity and are, in fact, happy, that future generations of Iraqi's will not have all artifacts available to them because terrorists like yourself enjoy robbing future generations of their history ... because it's all part of your continual effort to rewrite history as you'd like it, not as it happened.

tmiddles wrote: Both men are scum.

Irrelevant. There is no history that is, by its nature, in need of being deleted and rewritten, even by terrorist organizations.

Let history record how Black Lives Matter is trying to rewrite history to the detriment of future generations.

Black Lives Matter: History Terrorists.

.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
03-07-2020 23:45
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(12779)
tmiddles wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
tmiddles wrote:
I don't see a difference.

Because you deny history.
How's that? Saddam Hussein was Prime Minister of Iraq from 1979 to 2003

I am not worried that historians or the people of Iraq are in any way deprived by the loss of his statues.

Robert E Lee was a traitor the United States and the General in Chief of the Armies of the Confederate States in 1865.

Both men are scum. They both have supporters. Their overthrow IS history, not a denial of it.


Robert E Lee was not a traitor. He wasn't fighting for white supremacy either. No confederate State was traitorous either. You are denying history.


The Parrot Killer
03-07-2020 23:58
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(7051)
tmiddles wrote: Both men are scum.

How was Robert E. Lee scum? ... of course I mean beyond you being ordered to regurgitate that.


.


A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
Page 18 of 20<<<1617181920>





Join the debate One reason for social distancing/isolation:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Safe Distancing Video004-04-2020 06:28
Wind power is the earliest way to generate power, but there's a reason it stopped being used.1321-02-2020 20:12
Reason why companies are not converting to 100% electric, focusing on Porsche1806-12-2019 23:29
Is reason for climate change correct?4830-08-2019 03:14
Why we won't approach the real reason behind climate change.6819-08-2019 07:18
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact