Remember me
▼ Content

Ocean is rising, WHY! I need you to add to my list

Ocean is rising, WHY! I need you to add to my list15-02-2017 19:21
Commonsense
☆☆☆☆☆
(16)
Venice is going deeper into the water, Oboma commented about fish swimming up the streets of Miami, The world says it is climate change promoted by the UN, oboma and hillary supported by scientist. I'm not a scientist but a man with common sense. In grade school they said first eliminate the obvious. Next was for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Let us begin with a simple experiment,get 1 - pan with a lip around the edge, place 1- wide mouth clear glass jar on sheet fill water to top of jar (Oceans). Next take any object tie a string around it slowly submerge object(this will represent things put into the water or on the surface)Place into the jar. Then slowly remove your object what is your results I bet they were same as mine the object made the water rise. Help me figure out what is being put into the oceans that they should rise. Also thousand heat sources that make direct contact with water and air also create steam that would effect water and air temps. 1. Artifical Islands - China military bases how many tons of material? how many islands? Fukuoka's island how tons? Flevopolder island, Yas island, Hong kong island, Island, Palm Jumeirah island, Rokko island, Port island, Willingdon island, Bur Al Arab island, The Venetian island, Pearl island , Kansai island, Amwaj Island, Balboa island, AND More. If there is some one out there thet could do reserch on tons in the water and add them up as we go perhaps we can see how objects ar being put into the oceans.
Edited on 15-02-2017 20:06
RE: Ocean is rising, WHY! I need you to add to my list 2/15/1715-02-2017 19:27
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
Commonsense wrote:...fish swimming up the streets of Miami...

Miami just spent $400 million. All that did was pump city storm salt water intrusions back to the sea & raise a few streets & most vulnerable buildings a little bit.
Edited on 15-02-2017 19:28
15-02-2017 20:33
Commonsense
☆☆☆☆☆
(16)
Thanks all information will add up, Did you know your neighbors north of you NEW YORK . Dumps there garbage in the Alantic ocean 2,500 old subway cars, that is what you do if you are trying to get of your GARBAGE. Another mans garbage is another mans fish habit. I wonder who bought the property that they cleaned off. every ounce in the oceans add up to tonage which is water displacment ,which means the water will rise. Miami will have to spend more and raise the streets again.
15-02-2017 20:53
Commonsense
☆☆☆☆☆
(16)
For general information there 32 Navys around the world. The US Navy has 274+430=704 Ships and boats. now add 31 more navys . How much tonage is added to oceans to make it rise. 32 Navys
15-02-2017 20:58
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
Commonsense wrote:
For general information there 32 Navys around the world. The US Navy has 274+430=704 Ships and boats. now add 31 more navys . How much tonage is added to oceans to make it rise. 32 Navys

I see they let you have the internet in your mental health institution, how very enlightened.

IBdaMann wrote:
"Air" is not a body in and of itself. Ergo it is not a blackbody.

Planck's law describes the spectral density of electromagnetic radiation emitted by a black body in thermal equilibrium at a given temperature T.
15-02-2017 21:03
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
Commonsense wrote:
Venice is going deeper into the water, Oboma commented about fish swimming up the streets of Miami, The world says it is climate change promoted by the UN, oboma and hillary supported by scientist. I'm not a scientist but a man with common sense. In grade school they said first eliminate the obvious. Next was for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Let us begin with a simple experiment,get 1 - pan with a lip around the edge, place 1- wide mouth clear glass jar on sheet fill water to top of jar (Oceans). Next take any object tie a string around it slowly submerge object(this will represent things put into the water or on the surface)Place into the jar. Then slowly remove your object what is your results I bet they were same as mine the object made the water rise. Help me figure out what is being put into the oceans that they should rise. Also thousand heat sources that make direct contact with water and air also create steam that would effect water and air temps. 1. Artifical Islands - China military bases how many tons of material? how many islands? Fukuoka's island how tons? Flevopolder island, Yas island, Hong kong island, Island, Palm Jumeirah island, Rokko island, Port island, Willingdon island, Bur Al Arab island, The Venetian island, Pearl island , Kansai island, Amwaj Island, Balboa island, AND More. If there is some one out there thet could do reserch on tons in the water and add them up as we go perhaps we can see how objects ar being put into the oceans.

There is almost no detectable sea level rise in Venice or Miami. The Global Warmies are drawing maps of "WHAT IF" and you needn't trouble yourself with ignorance on this sort of scale.

The Earth is still recovering from the Little Ice Age and the lower latitude glaciers will continue to melt until they retreat to enough altitude that the temperature is low enough to maintain them.

The melting sea ice in the Arctic is already part of sea level and will have no effect.

Exactly what are the Global Warmies gaining by writing scare stories of "what will happen in 100 years" (*if everything were to continue the way it is now)
15-02-2017 21:05
Commonsense
☆☆☆☆☆
(16)
Lets add 99 Supertankers (1990-1997) are afloat. How many Billions gallons of water is displaced?Add how many super tankers have sank also other ships,in the ocean or on the ocean is water rising.There is 5,041 product supertankers afloat, 4,000 oil tankers, All are huge displacing more water
15-02-2017 21:10
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
I'm all about common sense as there seems to be a severe lack of it. However, I think dumping an entire state into the ocean wouldn't be a measurable rise in sea level. It would be about the same as dropping a marble into full bath tub.
15-02-2017 21:19
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
Commonsense wrote:

Oh god......

To get a 1mm sea level rise you need 360 cubic kilometers of water. 360 Gigatonnes of water or ice melt.

The oceans supposedly rose by 180mm last century. The rate at which they are doing so currently is supposedly twice that. How many cities sank last century? Double the trouble this time then.

I say supposedly because of the challenge of measuring sea level to the mm.
15-02-2017 22:32
Commonsense
☆☆☆☆☆
(16)
Cargo container ship companys here is only 10. 800 cargo ships NYG/ 160 cargo ships Evergreen Marine Corporation / 350 cargo ships CMA-GGM / 500 cargo ships Maersk / 456 cargo ships MSC /130 cargo ship Hapag-Loyd / 86 cargo ships APL / 150 cargo ships COSCO / 60 cargo ships Hanjin /150 cargo ships CSCL / These 10 companys Have a total 4,492 ships x 657,019 tonnes= 1,311,957,543,216 tonnes. Not including smaller companys and there ships
15-02-2017 22:55
Commonsense
☆☆☆☆☆
(16)
Now the i have all the scientist attention, Now let us consider all around the world total number of boats in these categories . Yachts, Tuna boats, Lobster boats , Shrimp boats, Whaling boats, Personal water craft tonnes, World Wide what would be a a good guess not going to to pull a number out of the air . I need a mathematician weight in tonnes.
15-02-2017 23:04
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
Commonsense wrote: These 10 companys(sic) Have a total 4,492 ships x 657,019 tonnes= 1,311,957,543,216 tonnes. Not including smaller companys(sic) and there(sic) ships

Commonsense makes sense. However, Greenland off-loads 300-400 billion tonnes of melted land ice per year.... 10 trillion tonnes over 10-15 years & increasing. Antarctica is off-loading 100+ Gigatonnes per year... & increasing. Mountain glacier off-loading increasing by Gigatonnes, too. Future year ice melt increases to 10,000 Gigatonnes (10,000,000,000,000+) are easily foreseen. Warming oceans & seas are raising ocean levels, just by water heat expansion.
Its all winding up in the spring-loaded excess AGW energy bio-sphere.
15-02-2017 23:27
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
litesong wrote:
Warming oceans & seas are raising ocean levels, just by water heat expansion.

And now some common sense.....

1 degree rise in 100 years. How much thermal expansion in 1 degree?

This get's a little in depth for Ms. Litehead but here's an experiment you can try.
Put an ice cube in a glass of water and measure it. Come back an hour later when it's melted and measure it. What have you got?

Warning! If you are a liberal you better do this experiment on a towel because when the ice melts you will have water running everywhere!

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
Edited on 15-02-2017 23:27
15-02-2017 23:47
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner gaslighter" GUSHed: Put an ice cube in a glass of water and measure it. Come back an hour later when it's melted and measure it.

Pour cold water in a broad cup to the brim. Heat it. Before it boils, water will .... GUSH outta da cup, like "gaslighter" gushes.
15-02-2017 23:51
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
If you perform an honest experiment, you will heat it 1 degree, as is equal to the earth warming over the last 100 years. Da.
16-02-2017 00:02
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
GasGuzzler wrote:
If you perform an honest experiment, you will heat it 1 degree, as is equal to the earth warming over the last 100 years.

Don' worra. The next one degC increase will be here a lot sooner than 100 years from now & many regions are jumpin' beyond your slow acknowledgements, already.
Edited on 16-02-2017 00:08
16-02-2017 01:53
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner gaslighter" gushed:If you perform an honest experiment, you will heat it 1 degree, as is equal to the earth warming over the last 100 years. Da.

An honest experiment will also heat a container 10,000 feet deep by 1degC.... again, the container filled to the brim... to show ocean expansion already accomplished. Then, heat the container another 1degC to show what the next 40-50(?) years will do. Then, heat the container another 1degC to show...........
16-02-2017 03:26
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
Seriously?!
16-02-2017 03:31
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner gaslighter" gushed:
Seriously?!

Nah! The oceans are 15,000+ feet deep, so any heating container must be 15,000+ feet deep. Thanks for correcting my error.
16-02-2017 03:40
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
So, heat rises but that one degree goes down 3 miles? Even you aren't that stupid.
16-02-2017 06:27
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner gaslighter" gushed:
So, heat rises but that one degree goes down 3 miles?

"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner gaslighter" never heard of downwellings & gushes its stupidity.
16-02-2017 06:50
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
Sure I know what downwelling is...just never heard of heat sinking. New one on me. Thanks.
16-02-2017 15:27
Commonsense
☆☆☆☆☆
(16)
All coments are great, and I agree. My intent was to use your combine knowledge to come up with numbers of items being dropped into our oceans. That would make oceans rise Tonage . Keep up the good work we just need common ground to solve problems.
16-02-2017 18:34
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
Commonsense wrote:
Now the i have all the scientist attention, Now let us consider all around the world total number of boats in these categories . Yachts, Tuna boats, Lobster boats , Shrimp boats, Whaling boats, Personal water craft tonnes, World Wide what would be a a good guess not going to to pull a number out of the air . I need a mathematician weight in tonnes.

Why would you call yourself "Commonsense" when you have none? You have absolutely NO sense of scale and how small "supertankers" are or "super container ships" are either. What's more, these fleets are reducing rather than growing.

What in hell do you suppose the displacement of a "tune boat" is?

You simply think of a tick as a planet.
16-02-2017 20:27
Commonsense
☆☆☆☆☆
(16)
Illegal dumping of chemical waste, garbage, Hundreds of millions of tons for years some countries made the oceans there dumping grounds for profit. Please feel free to add to the list. It all makes the oceans rise. I will confirm later
16-02-2017 21:13
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
Commonsense wrote:
Illegal dumping of chemical waste, garbage, Hundreds of millions of tons for years some countries made the oceans there dumping grounds for profit. Please feel free to add to the list. It all makes the oceans rise. I will confirm later

Did you know you can't measure sea level?

That's right...we have no reference!

Tidal stations and the like are standing on land that is really just a floating tectonic plate, complete with rising, sinking, tilting, moving, etc.

There is a satellite system that is used to measure relative sea levels. It uses a station in Boulder, CO for its reference beacon. It is not capable of measuring absolute sea level, however, because the Boulder station is sitting on the same tectonic plate as tidal stations.

You can't use the altitude reference of any station, because that references back to sea level, the thing you are trying to measure.

You can't use the Earth itself geometrically, because the Earth isn't quite spherical (its a spheroid), and the atmosphere isn't quite consistent at the altitude these satellites orbit, meaning they speed up and slow down somewhat randomly. That is why we have reference stations on Earth so they can get some idea of their orbital plot at all.

The GPS, which is excellent for finding position, even vertical position, is no more accurate than approx 10 feet of altitude for hyper accurate receivers. Most receivers are good to +-100ft.

Not good enough to measure anything like sea level rise of a few millimeters.

In any case, what are you going to do with a rise of a few millimeters? Run for the hills?

I'll just go to the beach. Surf's up!

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
16-02-2017 21:46
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
litesong wrote:
Commonsense wrote: These 10 companys(sic) Have a total 4,492 ships x 657,019 tonnes= 1,311,957,543,216 tonnes. Not including smaller companys(sic) and there(sic) ships

Commonsense makes sense. However, Greenland off-loads 300-400 billion tonnes of melted land ice per year.... 10 trillion tonnes over 10-15 years & increasing. Antarctica is off-loading 100+ Gigatonnes per year... & increasing. Mountain glacier off-loading increasing by Gigatonnes, too. Future year ice melt increases to 10,000 Gigatonnes (10,000,000,000,000+) are easily foreseen. Warming oceans & seas are raising ocean levels, just by water heat expansion.
Its all winding up in the spring-loaded excess AGW energy bio-sphere.

Never did any physics did you.
16-02-2017 22:03
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
Into the Night wrote:
Commonsense wrote:

Tidal stations and the like are standing on land that is really just a floating tectonic plate, complete with rising, sinking, tilting, moving, etc.

There is a satellite system that is used to measure relative sea levels. It uses a station in Boulder, CO for its reference beacon. It is not capable of measuring absolute sea level, however, because the Boulder station is sitting on the same tectonic plate as tidal stations.

You can't use the altitude reference of any station, because that references back to sea level, the thing you are trying to measure.

You can't use the Earth itself geometrically, because the Earth isn't quite spherical (its a spheroid), and the atmosphere isn't quite consistent at the altitude these satellites orbit, meaning they speed up and slow down somewhat randomly. That is why we have reference stations on Earth so they can get some idea of their orbital plot at all.

The GPS, which is excellent for finding position, even vertical position, is no more accurate than approx 10 feet of altitude for hyper accurate receivers. Most receivers are good to +-100ft.

In any case, what are you going to do with a rise of a few millimeters? Run for the hills?

This is an exceedingly good point. GPS satellites are positioned via radar triangulation and these positions have to be continually updated by measuring the reported position.

There are some 24 GPS satellites in medium Earth orbit and their orbits are always somewhat elliptical and hence precise vertical positioning is impossible.

This means that the ONLY method they have of "precise" measuring of sea level is against land based objects which are changing due to the same reasons we talking about before - glacial rebound from the last ice age.

Also we have to know that the earth's crust has been found to be cooling far faster than has been thought in the past. This causes a shrinkage factor of the land. So you cannot tell whether the sea is rising or the land is falling. Or in other areas the land is rising and their estimates may not be accurate to counter the believed sea level rise.

We CAN say that the areas that were claimed to be in the most danger of sea level rising have actually shown increased island growth.
17-02-2017 01:52
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Commonsense wrote:

This is an exceedingly good point. GPS satellites are positioned via radar triangulation and these positions have to be continually updated by measuring the reported position.

There are some 24 GPS satellites in medium Earth orbit and their orbits are always somewhat elliptical and hence precise vertical positioning is impossible.

This means that the ONLY method they have of "precise" measuring of sea level is against land based objects which are changing due to the same reasons we talking about before - glacial rebound from the last ice age.

Also we have to know that the earth's crust has been found to be cooling far faster than has been thought in the past. This causes a shrinkage factor of the land. So you cannot tell whether the sea is rising or the land is falling. Or in other areas the land is rising and their estimates may not be accurate to counter the believed sea level rise.

We CAN say that the areas that were claimed to be in the most danger of sea level rising have actually shown increased island growth.

To cover some of these things - the Solomon Islands gave the True Believers great joy when they discovered that some small number of them had been washed away and some of the other lost ground supposedly to sea level rises.

But these islands are coral atolls - they are sitting on top of a mushroom shaped structure of old coral It is thought that when the sea levels were low during the last Ice Age that the tropical waters were alive with plankton growing in the cooler water. This promoted strong growth of the corals. In the thousands of years when the water levels were rising with the end of the Ice Age these coral islands continued to grow As water levels got deeper and deeper the lower sections of these islands began dying off from lack of exposure to the sunlit and warmer surface waters.

The component that raises above the surface degrades to calcium sand and any violent weather simply washes them away. Other's of these atolls that lost land and required families to re-locate were TINY. The largest had only 25 families living there making a living off of fishing. They had almost no outside contacts. Until the sea level predictors starting nosing in because these were known to be the islands most likely to be lost to a large storm. And increasing storms had been predicted by the global warming advocates.
17-02-2017 17:44
Commonsense
☆☆☆☆☆
(16)
No One Has The ( 's) to type a number down , don't be afraid, They laugh at Einstin with his ideas, thats why he is Einstin, (Ocean Only) How Much lava is ejected every day from 200 hundred plus volcanos EVERY DAY, 24 HOURS A DAY, 7 DAYS for 1 WEEK. Use your minds on something helpful to the world in stead of commenting on typos. All things in our world affect the world thus the term CLIMATE CHANGE
17-02-2017 19:03
Wake
★★★★★
(4034)
Commonsense wrote:
No One Has The ( 's) to type a number down , don't be afraid, They laugh at Einstin with his ideas, thats why he is Einstin, (Ocean Only) How Much lava is ejected every day from 200 hundred plus volcanos EVERY DAY, 24 HOURS A DAY, 7 DAYS for 1 WEEK. Use your minds on something helpful to the world in stead of commenting on typos. All things in our world affect the world thus the term CLIMATE CHANGE

Most volcanoes are not on islands and presently there are no major eruptions. though we do have eruptions at the one's I noted in another posting.

Most of the "island volcanoes" have already built the islands and are not dumping lava into the sea.

Of the 200 known volcanos only a tiny percentage of them are presently active. Some others are on "watch" and others appear to be dead but that is nothing more than a sleeping volcano.
17-02-2017 21:03
(21559)
Wake wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Commonsense wrote:

We can also say that most cities that have flooding problems are on sinking edges of plates (such as Miami and Venice) or near river deltas that silt up (such as New Orleans).

Not sea level changes at all.

The one satellite system that measures anything like sea level is used to measure relative changes in sea levels due to storm surges, thermal expansion, high pressure areas, etc. It is quite accurate (to within inches) of relative sea levels, but it cannot measure absolute sea level.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
17-02-2017 21:08
(21559)
Commonsense wrote:

Climate change is a nonsensical term. There is no way to describe a unit of 'change' for climate since climate itself is over an unspecified period of time and area.

There are many climates on the Earth, but there is no global climate. Climate is 'weather over a long time' or some similar definition. There is no global 'weather'. There is no specified length for 'a long time'.

It is just the Church of Global Warming trying to rename itself to protect the guilty.

The Parrot Killer

25-02-2017 22:22
litesong
★★★★★
(2297)
"old sick silly sleepy sleezy slimy steenkin' filthy vile reprobate rooting (& rotting) racist pukey proud pig AGW denier liar whiner badnight" bluffed: protect the guilty....

...the guilty being those that think one person in a 10 mpg puke-mobile was & is OK, frakers who think polluting land surfaces is good, & sub-surfaces, even better, & those who laugh at renewable resources.
https://weather.com/news/climate/news/coastal-flooding-global-warming-influence
Edited on 25-02-2017 22:22

Join the debate Ocean is rising, WHY! I need you to add to my list:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Ho Ho Ho, did everyone send in their Christmas list? A few ground rules though228-12-2023 19:16
Restoring Alkalinity to the Ocean40520-12-2023 09:14
Geoengineering to Neutralize Ocean Acidification32305-12-2023 22:09
The Lake Mead water level is still rising in August, when it is ALWAYS falling. So snow melt is not the 15516-09-2023 13:46
Crypto-Climate Watch List54009-09-2023 02:41
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact