O20-02-2021 00:06
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
O home on the range,
Where the deer and the antelope play,
Where never is heard a discouraging word,
And the skies are not cloudy all day.

I don't remember the rest of the words. Frank Sinatra and Bing Crosby and others sang it. My grandparents, who raised me for the most part, were from Kansas and Nebraska. They liked that song.
Edited on 20-02-2021 00:10
20-02-2021 05:18
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14410)
keepit wrote: O home on the range,

It's "Home, Home on the range."

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
20-02-2021 05:43
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:
keepit wrote: O home on the range,

It's "Home, Home on the range."

It's Oh give me a home. I think what keepit is saying is that there was a time and place where people got along with each other. It was in the heartland of America.
The question is, are those days lost to history?
The original song by Gene Autry and it is Oh Give me a home.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJJGikSD9ho
Edited on 20-02-2021 06:06
20-02-2021 06:59
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
James,
It's a good song to remember isn't it?
I don't know what's with those guys -really! You know who i'm talking about.
I just watched "Thelma and Louise". Never watched that before.
Edited on 20-02-2021 07:15
20-02-2021 19:44
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2933)
keepit wrote:
O home on the range,

I don't remember the rest of the words.

maybe I can help...

Oh give me a home
Where no Democrats roam
Where the free and the happy can say
That never is heard
A tax increasing word
And carbon taxes have all gone away!

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
20-02-2021 19:59
(14410)
GasGuzzler wrote:
keepit wrote:
O home on the range,

maybe I can help...

Oh give me a home
Where no Democrats roam
That never is heard
A tax increasing word

So how are you going to pay for the critical social program infrastructure and the safety nets that protect our most vulnerable ... and all your tax breaks that only benefit the rich?

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
20-02-2021 20:41
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2933)
IBdaMann wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
keepit wrote:
O home on the range,

maybe I can help...

Oh give me a home
Where no Democrats roam
That never is heard
A tax increasing word

So how are you going to pay for the critical social program infrastructure and the safety nets that protect our most vulnerable ... and all your tax breaks that only benefit the rich?

Do not attempt to drag me into the weeds with you on all the details. I'm not going there.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
20-02-2021 21:54
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
This post is about "Where never is heard a discouraging word".
20-02-2021 22:37
(14410)
keepit wrote: This post is about "Where never is heard a discouraging word".

You have received nothing but encouragement ... to seek help. Your endless stream of errors and bulveristic ignorance has been met with positive correction and tough love each and every time. You have been thoroughly encouraged to get something right from day 1.

Now go out there Tiger and respond to all that encouragement by learning something. Anything at all will do.

20-02-2021 22:38
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
You live in a dream world ibd.
20-02-2021 22:43
(14410)
keepit wrote: You live in a dream world ibd.

What? You don't have any answers in your dream world, keepit? Can the light of day not penetrate into the darkness of your safe space?

C'mon ... cough up some answers. Only morons don't have any answers for their own beliefs.

Only morons.

21-02-2021 00:20
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
ibd,
Sorry, what was the question again?
21-02-2021 00:58
(14410)
keepit wrote:ibd, Sorry, what was the question again?

The question is "What's wrong with your memory?"

21-02-2021 04:58
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
keepit wrote:
ibd,
Sorry, what was the question again?

Imagine there's no lefties.
It's easy if you try.
A lake of fire below us.
Where they have gone to fry.
Imagine all the people living morally.

Imagine there's no liars.
It isn't hard to do.
Nothing to manipulate.
And no thought police too.
Imagine all the people living in God's grace.

You may say I'm a dreamer.
But I'm not the only one.
I hope some day you'll join us.
And the world will be as one.

Imagine no BLM.
I wonder if you can.
No need for theft or murder.
A brotherhood of man.
Imagine all the people amongst the LORD God.

You may say I'm a dreamer.
But I'm not the only one.
I hope some day you'll join us.
And the world will be as one.
Edited on 21-02-2021 05:06
21-02-2021 07:08
duncan61
★★★★★
(2021)
Nice work
21-02-2021 18:17
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
"Home on the range" was the unofficial anthem of the old west. I don't the renditions here are going to make it. Too.......
21-02-2021 19:37
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21597)
keepit wrote:
"Home on the range" was the unofficial anthem of the old west. I don't the renditions here are going to make it. Too.......

There is no anthem of the old west, official or otherwise.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
21-02-2021 20:10
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
Check with google and my grandparents on that itn.
Sooo many misconceptions you have.
21-02-2021 21:53
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Into the Night wrote:
keepit wrote:

There is no anthem of the old west, official or otherwise.

I'd go with it was. Gene Autry was well known as "The Singing Cowboy".
One reason why the song is so well known. And if you consider "where the buffalo roam", that references the time of the westward expansion. Of course everyone knows they're actually bison.

p.s., Lexington, Kentucky, Interstate 75 and Interstate 64 all have one thing in common. Lexington is located at the crossroads of trails that buffalo made. It is also named after the first battle of the Revolutionary War which was in Lexington, Massachusetts.
Edited on 21-02-2021 21:56
21-02-2021 21:59
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
Check with google on whether "Home on the Range" was the unofficial anthem of the old west. You can't check with my grandparents, God bless them, because they're gone.

You have significant delusions of grandeur if you think you can match your fund of knowledge with google's fund of knowledge.
Edited on 21-02-2021 22:01
21-02-2021 22:40
(14410)
keepit wrote:
Check with google on whether "Home on the Range" was the unofficial anthem of the old west. You can't check with my grandparents, God bless them, because they're gone.

You have significant delusions of grandeur if you think you can match your fund of knowledge with google's fund of knowledge.

Google can only provide data. It has no knowledge. It's kind of like you in that way. Full of errors, lacking of knowledge.

21-02-2021 23:58
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
ibd,
If google is full of errors, how much more are you full of errors?
22-02-2021 00:02
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:
keepit wrote:

Google can only provide data. It has no knowledge. It's kind of like you in that way. Full of errors, lacking of knowledge.

Data is knowledge. How you evaluate it depends on you.
son, just too easy like the Big Easy. The Big Easy comes from
the Caribbean, France and just plain white trash. Kind of why the USA
is a melting pot.

Edited on 22-02-2021 00:04
22-02-2021 00:50
(14410)
James___ wrote: Data is knowledge.

Nope.

Data is only data. A human needs to transform data into information in order to have information.

Human rationale draws upon information, experience and logic to build knowledge.

Attached image:

22-02-2021 00:56
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:

Nope.

Data is only data. A human needs to transform data into information in order to have information.

Human rationale draws upon information, experience and logic to build knowledge.

son, what interprets data? Knowledge is nothing if it is not interpreted by a person. This then allows for an individuals' experience to shape understanding.
After this, we can consider Buddhism. Please forgive me, I will not quarry into what questions a person's faith.
Edited on 22-02-2021 00:59
22-02-2021 01:20
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
ibd,
When you got nothing, resort to semantics. That's always your play and it's bogus.
22-02-2021 01:45
(14410)
keepit wrote:ibd, When you got nothing, resort to semantics.

Too funny! The morons of the world hurl the word "semantics" around because they don't know what it means but they think it's some sort of trump card.

You're a moron. What more can I say?

Attached image:

22-02-2021 01:55
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
So now you're arguing about the semantics of the word "semantics".
22-02-2021 02:00
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
keepit wrote:

And how do you know that "semantics" has any meaning? Are you claiming to know the semantics of "semantics? This then must make you a "God" if you know "semantics" about "semantics". But do you?
What makes you think you know "semantics"? HMmmm?
This is just too easy ya'all because ya'all know nothing of the semantics about semantics. That's because it's between me and your cousin and she hain't a talkin'.

Edited on 22-02-2021 02:02
22-02-2021 02:02
keepit
★★★★★
(3060)
I googled it.
22-02-2021 02:07
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
keepit wrote:
I googled it.

The basic premise of nuclear physics is in building a better bomb. At the present time, that is the purpose that it serves. Mein Gott! Right?
22-02-2021 03:51
(21597)
keepit wrote:
Check with google and my grandparents on that itn.
Sooo many misconceptions you have.

Google is not a source. Void authority fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
22-02-2021 03:53
(21597)
keepit wrote:
Check with google on whether "Home on the Range" was the unofficial anthem of the old west.

There is no anthem of the old west, official or otherwise. Google is not a source. Void authority fallacy.
keepit wrote:
You can't check with my grandparents, God bless them, because they're gone.

No need.
keepit wrote:

Google is not knowledge. Google is a search engine. Don't use it much myself. It produces biased listings.

The Parrot Killer

22-02-2021 03:54
(21597)
keepit wrote:
ibd,
If google is full of errors, how much more are you full of errors?

IBD is not Google.

The Parrot Killer

22-02-2021 03:56
(21597)
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
keepit wrote:

Data is knowledge.

Data is not knowledge. Data is the result of an observation.
James___ wrote:
How you evaluate it depends on you.
...deleted word salad...

Correct. All observations are subject to the problems of phenomenology.

The Parrot Killer

22-02-2021 03:59
(21597)
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

Nope.

son, what interprets data?

The observer.
James___ wrote:
Knowledge is nothing if it is not interpreted by a person.
...deleted word salad...

Knowledge does not need to be interpreted.

The Parrot Killer

22-02-2021 03:59
(21597)
keepit wrote:
ibd,
When you got nothing, resort to semantics. That's always your play and it's bogus.

Bulverism fallacy. Semantics fallacy. Void argument fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

22-02-2021 04:00
(21597)
keepit wrote:

Semantics fallacy. Meta fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

22-02-2021 04:01
(21597)
keepit wrote:
I googled it.

Google does not define any word. Void reference fallacy.

The Parrot Killer

22-02-2021 04:04
(21597)
James___ wrote:
keepit wrote:
I googled it.

The basic premise of nuclear physics is in building a better bomb.

Nope. It is the theories related to nuclear decay.
James___ wrote:
At the present time, that is the purpose that it serves.

Science is not a 'purpose'. Science is a set of falsifiable theories.

The Parrot Killer

Page 1 of 212>

Join the debate O:

Remember me

▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact