Remember me
▼ Content

numbers

numbers28-01-2021 03:36
keepit
★★★★★
(3055)
Candle hypothesis.
Here is some current news - the new variants are more contagious, the new variant may produce more severe disease, the vaccines may not be as effective against the new variants.
These news items are consistent with the candle hypothesis which says that the severity of the disease is directly related to the amount of reserve a person has in their various organs, mainly lungs, kidneys, brain, cardiovascular. Since the new variants have a better ability to attach to these human cells, the number of cells infected becomes one factor which when combined with the the amount of reserve cells a person has will determine the severity of a given infection.
Edited on 28-01-2021 03:38
28-01-2021 03:52
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
keepit wrote:
Candle hypothesis.
Here is some current news - the new variants are more contagious, the new variant may produce more severe disease, the vaccines may not be as effective against the new variants.
These news items are consistent with the candle hypothesis which says that the severity of the disease is directly related to the amount of reserve a person has in their various organs, mainly lungs, kidneys, brain, cardiovascular. Since the new variants have a better ability to attach to these human cells, the number of cells infected becomes one factor which when combined with the the amount of reserve cells a person has will determine the severity of a given infection.

Ever snow drift? It's a lot of fun. Not sure if you'uns can do it today. Just no place to slide. You need a field and a corner. Miss the corner? Makes for a great drift.
People can't do that today. Life happens, drifting in the snow, you make it happen.

With a field and a corner, if the road turns right, you need a field that's flat. Then when you slide through the field you can get back on the road. And if you miss the turn, you just slide into the field. No harm done.

It snowed some in Lexington, Kentucky today. For the few good snows that happened around the Seattle metropolitan area, you guys are reminding me of that. Thank You.

p.s., just some awesome times. And with snow drifting, find a safe place to try it. Otherwise it's someone's property you'll be paying for.
Edited on 28-01-2021 04:00
28-01-2021 04:05
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14378)
keepit wrote: Here is some current news - the new variants are more contagious,

There is no "new variant" that is somehow a new threat for which we must panic as we flee to the hills ... or hunker down in our basements.

Just pay CNN your monthly fee and be done with it.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
28-01-2021 04:20
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
IBdaMann wrote:

There is no "new variant" that is somehow a new threat for which we must panic as we flee to the hills ... or hunker down in our basements.

And yet you ignore my drifting abilities. God, does this forum ever suck.
28-01-2021 04:24
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5195)
I'm taking the new variant fear mongering, as meaning that covid-19 has run it's course, and we didn't get quite the major outbreaks, as predicted by the models. We were suppose to have 2-3 million deaths in America last year. Think they hope to milk this for a couple more years, at least. But, even they realize, they can't fake hospitalizations and deaths too much. How many car accidents can you blame as covid related? There is a limited population of people with chronic health issues to kill with the virus. Although, give it a few years, and the basement dwellers will start having serious issues, do to their isolation and inactivity.
28-01-2021 04:36
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5195)
James___ wrote:
keepit wrote:
Candle hypothesis.

Ever snow drift? It's a lot of fun. Not sure if you'uns can do it today. Just no place to slide. You need a field and a corner. Miss the corner? Makes for a great drift.
People can't do that today. Life happens, drifting in the snow, you make it happen.

With a field and a corner, if the road turns right, you need a field that's flat. Then when you slide through the field you can get back on the road. And if you miss the turn, you just slide into the field. No harm done.

It snowed some in Lexington, Kentucky today. For the few good snows that happened around the Seattle metropolitan area, you guys are reminding me of that. Thank You.

p.s., just some awesome times. And with snow drifting, find a safe place to try it. Otherwise it's someone's property you'll be paying for.

What an idiotic suggestion... You never really know, what's under the snow, and silly to suggest destroying a car, in freezing weather. First time you seen snow?

We took it to large parking lots, like Multnomah Kennel Club, in Gresham, or the horse track in Portland. They were paved, relatively flat, and not speed bumps, or islands. Totally empty in the mornings. Could slide around all you wanted, even do 360s. Cops didn't care, because there was little risk, and good experience for the roads. They did chat with us once, when there was another car out there, doing the same stuff we were doing. Guess it's one at a time, even though there was plenty of room for 4 or 5.
28-01-2021 04:51
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
HarveyH55 wrote:
James___ wrote:
keepit wrote:
Candle hypothesis.

What an idiotic suggestion... You never really know, what's under the snow, and silly to suggest destroying a car, in freezing weather. First time you seen snow?

We took it to large parking lots, like Multnomah Kennel Club, in Gresham, or the horse track in Portland. They were paved, relatively flat, and not speed bumps, or islands. Totally empty in the mornings. Could slide around all you wanted, even do 360s. Cops didn't care, because there was little risk, and good experience for the roads. They did chat with us once, when there was another car out there, doing the same stuff we were doing. Guess it's one at a time, even though there was plenty of room for 4 or 5.

You missed it. I watched the dogs race at MKC. Am doubtful that anyone knows it exists. It's a dog racing track. Who doesn't know that?

I actually prefer the MKC to that of Phoenix. But your word is what matters.
Edited on 28-01-2021 05:00
28-01-2021 16:27
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
James___ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

And yet you ignore my drifting abilities. God, does this forum ever suck.

You're a good drifter. I love you James. Jesus loves you too.
28-01-2021 17:03
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5696)
keepit wrote:
Candle hypothesis.

Which is why I cycle 50 to 100 miles at a time with no mask. The new variants are obviously less dangerous because no one is opening tent hospitals.

Big yawn

PS Exactly how is this climate debate?
28-01-2021 19:25
(3314)
Swan wrote:
keepit wrote:
Candle hypothesis.

Which is why I cycle 50 to 100 miles at a time with no mask. The new variants are obviously less dangerous because no one is opening tent hospitals.

Big yawn

PS Exactly how is this climate debate?

It is debating the USA's political climate rather than any weather related climate. Topics go to such things from time to time here, but this is primarily a weather climate debate site and we do hold plenty of discussion about it.
28-01-2021 19:45
(14378)
Swan wrote:PS Exactly how is this climate debate?

gfm7175 is being kind, because he is a polite, friendly kind of guy. That's how he rolls.

I, on the other hand, desperately need to go on a diet and so I completely dispense with any and all sugar-coating. Nobody in the history of humanity has ever unambiguously defined "the global climate" in any such manner that doesn't violate physics and get immediately dismissed out of the starting gate. Ergo, any topic I want to discuss qualifies as "Climate Debate." keepit's magickal anti-dollar creation ... that qualifies as Climate. The Raiders moving to Las Vegas ... that qualifies as Climate. Storing cryptocurrency keys on a hardware security module ... that qualifies as Climate.

I can see from here that you want to disagree ... but that you are painfully aware that you don't have any unambiguous definition of the global Climate that doesn't violate physics and that won't be summarily dismissed ... so everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, is Climate.

Chew on that.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
28-01-2021 20:08
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:PS Exactly how is this climate debate?

gfm7175 is being kind, because he is a polite, friendly kind of guy. That's how he rolls.

I, on the other hand, desperately need to go on a diet and so I completely dispense with any and all sugar-coating. Nobody in the history of humanity has ever unambiguously defined "the global climate" in any such manner that doesn't violate physics and get immediately dismissed out of the starting gate. Ergo, any topic I want to discuss qualifies as "Climate Debate." keepit's magickal anti-dollar creation ... that qualifies as Climate. The Raiders moving to Las Vegas ... that qualifies as Climate. Storing cryptocurrency keys on a hardware security module ... that qualifies as Climate.

I can see from here that you want to disagree ... but that you are painfully aware that you don't have any unambiguous definition of the global Climate that doesn't violate physics and that won't be summarily dismissed ... so everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, is Climate.

Chew on that.

Since you requested more bacon...I did another strap for you. A full pound on a 2 lb chunk.
Does this qualify as climate?

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
Attached image:

28-01-2021 20:13
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
I will also need a diet soon. I LOVE climate!

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
Attached image:

28-01-2021 20:50
(14378)
GasGuzzler wrote:Since you requested more bacon...I did another strap for you. A full pound on a 2 lb chunk.
Does this qualify as climate?

YES! That is a gorgeous three pounds of Climate you've got there.

Your timing is excellent. Since I don't have any venison, I just hammered a quarter-pound of bacon wrapped in another quarter-pound of bacon.

Outstanding!

28-01-2021 22:03
(3314)
YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now THAT is what I call good eating!!

Join the debate numbers:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Buzzwords and fake numbers6210-07-2022 13:03
Where are the numbers?3305-02-2019 00:00
Funny Numbers2716-02-2017 04:10
human contribution by the numbers6121-12-2015 20:17
Polar Bears: sharp decline in numbers and health2205-10-2015 19:45
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact