Remember me
▼ Content

Not such good news

Not such good news23-06-2020 22:49
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Reports of damaged organs in asymptomatic covid patients.
Only short term immunity after recovering from covid19.
Vaccine immunity, if a vaccine is developed, may be a little longer.
Be careful.
Edited on 23-06-2020 22:50
23-06-2020 22:53
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21596)
keepit wrote:

Fear mongering.
keepit wrote:

Lie. Fear mongering.
keepit wrote:

There is no vaccine.
keepit wrote:
Be careful.

Fear mongering.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
23-06-2020 23:01
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
ITN,
I have a decent amount of science and technology knowledge but i'm sure that wisdom is more valuable.
23-06-2020 23:44
(21596)
keepit wrote:
ITN,
I have a decent amount of science and technology knowledge

I don't believe you. You have demonstrated otherwise.
keepit wrote:
but i'm sure that wisdom is more valuable.

Off topic wanderings. Mantra 16b.

No argument presented. Empty claim.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
24-06-2020 03:35
gfm7175Profile picture★★★★★
(3314)
keepit wrote:

Fear mongering.

keepit wrote:

Not true. Fear mongering.

keepit wrote:

Who knows if one will get developed or not. If one does, my guess is that it won't be very effective. There is no guarantee that it will be "the cure". Right now, covid cases/deaths have dropped like a rock without a vaccine, despite the media currently playing math tricks on people who don't understand mathematics by claiming that covid cases have "spiked", "doubled", and other similar scare words.

keepit wrote:
Be careful.

Fear mongering.
24-06-2020 03:37
(3314)
keepit wrote:
ITN,
I have a decent amount of science and technology knowledge

hahahahahahaha I don't believe you. Your posts on this forum have demonstrated otherwise.

keepit wrote:
but i'm sure that wisdom is more valuable.

Unrelated to your own topic.

No valid argumentation presented.
24-06-2020 21:46
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5197)
keepit wrote:
Be careful.

You do realize that the test itself, isn't 100% reliable. Most of the people taking the samples, only medical training, is what they need to shove a Q-tip up your nose, and package, label it for the lab. I haven't seen inside a lab, other than a few media clips, that may not even be the test for Covid-19, being performed. Considering the high volume, there probably quite a few people running the test, who just have basic lab training, and first commercial experience. You sort of have to take the results for what they are. I'm pretty sure, each sample, only gets tested on time. All the labs I've every taken, you do at least twice, on everything. Even in wood shop, they constantly tell you to measure twice, only need to cut once.

It's been 6 months, not near enough time to do any in depth study of anything Covid-19. There are a few observations, which some hope to get funding to further study, hopefully many years... I've got a hunch that many of these observations, had other causes, or were mistaken. I remember there was a huge news story, ran pretty frequent for a few weeks about Covid-blood clots. Went digging, found some details, only 36 patients had the blood clots. They were micro-clots, and apparently not that uncommon, usually related to certain medications. Guessing some other people did the same digging, because I have heard much since. Nearly dying of respiratory distress, is very traumatic. The immune system does mean, nasty things, that destroys tissue. The patient will need months to fully recover. Hasn't been long enough for most survivors, to tell how much damage is going to linger. Much less, whether the virus was the actual cause, or the immune system. Doctors also did a lot of experimenting, probably made a few errors, though not likely to admit it.

Hopefully, being less than effective, is the only bad thing that comes from this experimental, fast-track, vaccine. I'd personally rather just be infected naturally, and get my immunity honest. Haste, makes waste...
24-06-2020 22:35
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Harvey,
You have a lot of hunches and conjecture from which you draw conclusions. Then you don't present evidence. Need i say more?

I read your post about your fellow employees. I hope you don't have to learn about covid the hard way.
Edited on 24-06-2020 22:47
25-06-2020 01:39
(5197)
keepit wrote:
Harvey,
You have a lot of hunches and conjecture from which you draw conclusions. Then you don't present evidence. Need i say more?

I read your post about your fellow employees. I hope you don't have to learn about covid the hard way.

What evidence? I post links, when I need to reference something, but mostly, I think for myself, not regurgitate what someone else wrote. My thoughts, opinions, conjectures, are often the sum of several sources, might not even be a single source available to provide a link for you. Really don't have the time or patience to Google search for something similar, nor do I even care that much about proving why I think of something. I simply think, and that's often plenty good enough for me. I've read and watch a lot of Covid-19, past 4 months. I took a year of Anatomy and Physiology in college, which I continue some on my own. I'm not a doctor, or in health care, other than my own, and well my pets.

I've been physically active all my life. I'm in excellent physical condition, my labs all came back to confirm, when I was in the hospital a couple of years ago, getting my ruptured appendix ripped out of my gut. I seldom even catch a cold, learned a few things growing up, to avoid getting infected, and have worked much of my life. Learning stuff is one thing, actually being able to apply what you learn is entirely different. I see nothing about Covid-19, to make fear anything but mild cold symptoms, which might last 5-7 days. Likely, I'll hardly feel anything at all, least nothing to make me want to stay in bed the whole time. I didn't grow up 'privileged', a cold or flu, didn't excuse me from chores. Never had one, that excused me from school, or anything else. Had to be puking all over the place, to get out of anything in my house, when I was a kid. Sniffles didn't buy any sympathy. I know some parents took an entirely different approach, which probably backfired. They embarrassingly smothered their children with care and concern, over the smallest things. Imagine that was the only attention some of those kids got.
25-06-2020 03:16
(21596)
keepit wrote:
Harvey,
He doesn't need to. Philosophical arguments don't need evidence. He was making a philosophical argument.
keepit wrote:

Most people that catch Covid have no or mild symptoms. Covid has not killed a single person. Pneumonia is what kills.

* N95 masks do not stop viruses.
* Cloth masks do not stop viruses.
* 6 feet does not stop a virus.

Your agoraphobia is your own problem.

The Parrot Killer

25-06-2020 17:32
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
Just some basics that you missed - pneumonia is an inflammation of the lung caused by various things. For example covid19,
Another basic - inflammation of the clung (pneumonia) is not a cold. A cold is almost exclusively upper respiratory while the lung is lower respiratory.

These facts compliments of wikipedia.
Edited on 25-06-2020 17:49
25-06-2020 18:11
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
keepit wrote:
Just some basics that you missed - pneumonia is an inflammation of the lung caused by various things. For example covid19,
Another basic - inflammation of the clung (pneumonia) is not a cold. A cold is almost exclusively upper respiratory while the lung is lower respiratory.

Why do you need Wiki to look up basic health? I would think a paramedic (and a pilot) might just know these things.

I will now parrot some others here.(don't kill me ITN

I don't believe you.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
25-06-2020 21:00
(21596)
keepit wrote:
Just some basics that you missed

I missed nothing.
keepit wrote:
pneumonia is an inflammation of the lung caused by various things. For example covid19,

I already said this.
keepit wrote:

Nope. A cold can involve the entire respiratory tract.
keepit wrote:

Wikipedia is wrong, like usual. Not a valid source.

The Parrot Killer

25-06-2020 21:08
(21596)
GasGuzzler wrote:
keepit wrote:

Why do you need Wiki to look up basic health? I would think a paramedic (and a pilot) might just know these things.

Some do. You'd be surprised just how much pilots forget after their training. Paramedics too.
Fortunately, most small planes don't get up high enough to cause any real problems, and those that do are generally pressurized (some just use supplemental oxygen and are unpressurized). Pneumonia can even be caused by overuse of supplemental oxygen. Something the 'oxygen bars' you see from time to time should think about.
GasGuzzler wrote:
I will now parrot some others here.(don't kill me ITN

I won't kill you...yet.

GasGuzzler wrote:
I don't believe you.

Reasonable, but you are not talking to Keepit. You are talking to Wikipedia. He's a dead parrot. He seems unable to make his own arguments. He tried once, but that failed miserably. He just couldn't get away from parroting the arguments of others as his own.

So he's stuck with his buzzwords and parroting, it seems.

The Parrot Killer

26-06-2020 03:07
(5197)
keepit wrote:

Thought pneumonia was from an accumulation of fluids in the lung, which the patient is too weak to cough up. Fighting gravity takes a lot of energy. A warm, wet, environment, is prime bacteria real estate too.

You do realize that people can be infected with multiple pathogens at the same time, right? There is generally no reason to know how many, or precisely which ones are active and present. The symptoms and treatments are similar. There are some differences between bacterial and viral treatments. Most everybody is given antibiotics in the hospital (filthy place), but antibiotics have no effect on viruses.
30-06-2020 15:46
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1035)
People always want simple answers for health problems but most of the times it is not so simple. For example antibiotics would help with strep throat but they would also kill good bacters in your gut. I also do not belive that all the bad bacters are killed and those who escape are next time more resistant for certain antibiotics. Antibiotics should be the last option but doctors nowadays prescribe them like candy for minor cold. Eventually antibiotics will lose their efficiency. If you get a virus then there is nothing you could do to help getting over it. I have been megadosing with vitamin c, aspirin,resveratrol, ecklonia cava etc etc. I have tried to fast, dry fast, keto diet, low carb, zero carb etc etc. Nothing will help when you get a virus. Eventually your immune system needs to overcome it. My latest strategy is to do nothing at all during a flu or cold. I try not to binge on foods but that is all I do. The thing with many diseases is that they get more and more progressive while you get older. You lose some small amount of lung function each year and this is perfectly normal. Flare ups due to cold or flu will damage the lung the most. That is why people with lung problems should live in a climate that is warm and not very humid.
30-06-2020 19:08
(5197)
Xadoman wrote:
People always want simple answers for health problems but most of the times it is not so simple. For example antibiotics would help with strep throat but they would also kill good bacters in your gut. I also do not belive that all the bad bacters are killed and those who escape are next time more resistant for certain antibiotics. Antibiotics should be the last option but doctors nowadays prescribe them like candy for minor cold. Eventually antibiotics will lose their efficiency. If you get a virus then there is nothing you could do to help getting over it. I have been megadosing with vitamin c, aspirin,resveratrol, ecklonia cava etc etc. I have tried to fast, dry fast, keto diet, low carb, zero carb etc etc. Nothing will help when you get a virus. Eventually your immune system needs to overcome it. My latest strategy is to do nothing at all during a flu or cold. I try not to binge on foods but that is all I do. The thing with many diseases is that they get more and more progressive while you get older. You lose some small amount of lung function each year and this is perfectly normal. Flare ups due to cold or flu will damage the lung the most. That is why people with lung problems should live in a climate that is warm and not very humid.

Best to avoid getting infected to begin with. But, you should do what you can, to strengthen you overall health, not just focus on the immune system. It's generally not the virus that mess you up, but how aggressively your immune system fights off the infection. It's more about your overall level of health, the keeps the damage to a minimum, and gets the virus out quicker. I find staying active, and 'burning' the bug out, speeds things up quite a bit too. Could be that I'm not noticing the time passing as much, by keeping extra busy.

I think 6' is excessive. I've done pretty well, with about half that. I'm not really into crowds, prefer not to be so close, I can reach over a tough people, I don't know. Can't always avoid it, not obsessive, but if there is plenty of room, I'll make adjustments as needed. I breath mostly through my nose, better chance of trapping, and removing particles. Keep my hands off my face, much as possible. Think the masks, hand sanitizer, and most everything is excessive.
30-06-2020 21:23
Xadoman
★★★★☆
(1035)
Harvey, I do not care about catching the corona because there really is nothing we could do to stop it from spreading. I have read about the experiment when they attached some kind of device into someone s nose which mimicked a running nose during the flu. They used some kind of fluid that was fluorocent when using special UV light and they let this guy going around in some building. When eventually they turned on the light the whole building was fluorocent from inside- walls, doors, ceilings etc.
30-06-2020 22:24
(21596)
HarveyH55 wrote:
keepit wrote:

Thought pneumonia was from an accumulation of fluids in the lung, which the patient is too weak to cough up. Fighting gravity takes a lot of energy. A warm, wet, environment, is prime bacteria real estate too.

You do realize that people can be infected with multiple pathogens at the same time, right? There is generally no reason to know how many, or precisely which ones are active and present. The symptoms and treatments are similar. There are some differences between bacterial and viral treatments. Most everybody is given antibiotics in the hospital (filthy place), but antibiotics have no effect on viruses.

Pneumonia can be caused by fluid accumulation in the lungs (such as a case of near drowning), since it introduces bacteria into the lungs.

It is a bacteriological infection of the lungs. Covid can set it up because Covid can kill some lung cells as well as epithelium cells (which help remove particles and contaminants from the throat), allow bacteria to enter the lungs and feed off the dead cells.

Treatment is simply an aggressive antiobiotic program, and this is given to at risk patients of Covid, just as any other respiratory virus.

If the elderly don't get treatment for this in time, they can succumb to pneumonia..the real cause of a 'covid death'.

Nothing new about this. It's the same as any other respiratory virus. The world is full of them. The body is pretty good about handling them. If one is weak or has a compromised respiratory system (such as smokers), or one is allergic to the antibiotics (which can cause death in and of itself!), then death can certainly occur.

Covid, Influenza, SARS, can all kill by inducing pneumonia. In younger and healthy people these viruses cause discomfort, but the body can handle it. Pneumonia is usually not even a problem at all.

Covid-19 is not different.

The Parrot Killer

30-06-2020 22:39
(21596)
Xadoman wrote:

Warm and humid is what the lungs are anyway. Living in warm and humid conditions by itself is not a problem.

Humid conditions does displace air. It's like living at higher altitude when it comes to breathing. A humid day in New Orleans can act like you were living 4000 ft higher than you actually are. Add to that the molds and fungus that likes to grow in such areas, that only add to problems with breathing.

Dry conditions like Arizona, where it can get really hot, are not conducive to such molds and fungus. Hot air is thinner air, though, and Phoenix, for example, is fairly high to begin with (1134 ft at KPHX).

Depending on local air pressure, most people have trouble breathing at anywhere from 10,000 ft to 12,000 ft. The effect is to feel sleepy or even drunk, as oxygen levels in your blood are reduced.

Most airlines pressurize their cabins at the equivalent of 5000ft.

Many doctors in the past had no effective antiobiotic for TV and would recommend people with TB to head to drier areas. This would lengthen their lifespan for a bit, as they wouldn't have to work as hard breathing drier air then the humid stuff back home. In those days, of course, TB was always fatal. It can be passed by an infected person sneezing or coughing on someone.

We have effective antibiotics today, and TB is much less of a problem than it once was. We never shut down whole economies for it either.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 30-06-2020 22:40
30-06-2020 22:41
(21596)
Xadoman wrote:

No antibiotic is perfect. They are better than getting eaten alive by bacteria though!

The Parrot Killer

30-06-2020 22:53
(21596)
Xadoman wrote:
Harvey, I do not care about catching the corona because there really is nothing we could do to stop it from spreading. I have read about the experiment when they attached some kind of device into someone s nose which mimicked a running nose during the flu. They used some kind of fluid that was fluorocent when using special UV light and they let this guy going around in some building. When eventually they turned on the light the whole building was fluorocent from inside- walls, doors, ceilings etc.

This is normal. Nothing special about the UV light. Just get a UV-A light source and see for yourself how 'infected' your world is. Even brand new houses contain this stuff. BTW, some housepaints also glow in UV light.

Even urine, a sterile solution, glows in UV-A. Oh...you can buy them from anywhere. See https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RV8PREI for about $10.

BTW, it's also a great way to find scorpions at night. They glow in UV light too. You'd be surprise how many of these little guys are running around the desert at night!

I use them for finding cracks in aircraft parts also. Just paint 'em with a UV dye, wipe off, and shine the light on it. The dye in a crack won't wipe off.

The Parrot Killer

01-07-2020 02:17
keepit
★★★★★
(3058)
ITN,
Your description of covid19 and pneumonia is pretty mixed up. The problem is that some people might believe you and succumb as a result.
Look at wikipedia's description of pneumonia and covid and influenza. If you have any questions just ask. I pretty much know what is in wiki on these subjects.
01-07-2020 02:18
(5197)
Xadoman wrote:

I don't care either, Covid-19 isn't really anything more than a new addition to the seasonal cold and flu season. Be mostly forgotten in 2-3 years, if the let about 70% of the population get immunity.

The runny nose reference, is why I try to breath mostly through my nose in crowds. The fluid dripping, is mucus, which traps particles, and keeps them away from cells that can be infected. It usually goes down your throat, into your stomach, which is hostile to most things. When you sinuses get stuffed up, it runs out your nose, until the passage to your throat is open again.

I don't know why the WHO and CDC choose to take such strong response, to what is essential a cold virus. China screwed up, try to hide their problem, until that was no longer possible. By then, literally a million potential people had traveled through Wuhan International Airport. We had enough warning, to lockdown old folks homes, and tell sickly people to be extra careful. It was already cold and flu season, you'd think there would already be precautions. Mostly, it's the younger, healthy people testing positive. These are people previously turned away from testing, as they weren't likely need a bed and ventilator. These are also the people taking the fewest precautions, it's just a cold... They also are the bulk of the work force. The group most likely to die, were also the ones mostly playing it safe, if they could afford to, like Joe Biden... The high-risk group, was really the smaller group, and the main focus of testing, until recently, but not the main group spreading.

Natural immunity, or lockdown until a safe and effective vaccine, widely available (spring/summer 2021)? The rush-job vaccine, they hope will be ready this fall, won't be enough doses, for frontline, and high-risk people, the bulk of the population will have to wait a few months longer. I intend to pass on the vaccine, least until after the results of the first season come out. Even then, I wouldn't get it, unless compelled. Not going to quit my job to avoid it. I'd prefer to go through natural immunity, 5-7 days of cold symptoms. I really don't see any shortcuts to developing a safe and effective dose, without a lot of testing, and time. The rush-job vaccine could be worse than getting infected for some, or not as effective, as expected.
01-07-2020 03:07
(21596)
keepit wrote:
ITN,
Your description of covid19 and pneumonia is pretty mixed up.

Nope.
keepit wrote:
The problem is that some people might believe you and succumb as a result.

Nope. Fear mongering.

Masks do not stop a virus. See the N95 specifications.
6 feet does not stop a virus. The Covid virus can survive intact for hours in open dry air.
Plastic shields do not stop a virus. It just goes around it.
Testing does not stop a virus.
Shutting down whole economies is unnecessary. There is no epidemic, pandemic, or even a situation. Less than 1% of the population is affected, regardless of 'isolation measures'.
keepit wrote:
Look at wikipedia's description of pneumonia and covid and influenza.

Wikipedia discarded on sight. You cannot use it as a reference with me.
keepit wrote:
If you have any questions just ask. I pretty much know what is in wiki on these subjects.

You are stealing the arguments of others and using them as your own. You have no mind. All you can apparently do is cut and paste.

The Parrot Killer

Edited on 01-07-2020 03:11
01-07-2020 17:50
(3314)
keepit wrote:
ITN,
Your description of covid19 and pneumonia is pretty mixed up. The problem is that some people might believe you and succumb as a result.
Look at wikipedia's description of pneumonia and covid and influenza. If you have any questions just ask. I pretty much know what is in wiki on these subjects.

His description was spot on. Wikipedia is dismissed on sight; I do not accept it as a source.
01-07-2020 18:09
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
gfm7175 wrote:
keepit wrote:
ITN,

His description was spot on. Wikipedia is dismissed on sight; I do not accept it as a source.

Even the local high school my boys go to will not accept Wiki as a source for research papers.

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
01-07-2020 18:23
(3314)
GasGuzzler wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
keepit wrote:
ITN,

Even the local high school my boys go to will not accept Wiki as a source for research papers.

Good for them! The high school that I went to did not allow students to use Wiki as a source. Same with the grade school that I went to.
01-07-2020 19:07
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
Wiki was not an option for me in high school. Al Gore had not invented the internet yet.
01-07-2020 20:14
(5197)
500,000 confirmed positive cases divided by 350,000,000 people legally living in the United States, equals 0.142857% of the population...

I really don't understand this country sometimes. You can go in and have a doctor kill your unborn baby for around $300. But you can't pay a doctor to kill your 80 year old grandma. Not to mention, we are expected to wear masks, hide in Joe Biden's basement, so grandma doesn't risk catching a f'ing cold...
01-07-2020 21:25
(3314)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Wiki was not an option for me in high school. Al Gore had not invented the internet yet.

hahahaha

Wikipedia was an option during my later years of grade school and throughout high school (I was born within the last few years of the "millennial" generation).

Speaking of Wikipedia, I just stumbled across this "beauty"... MISINFORMATION ALERT!!!
01-07-2020 21:33
(3314)
HarveyH55 wrote:
500,000 confirmed positive cases divided by 350,000,000 people legally living in the United States, equals 0.142857% of the population...

I really don't understand this country sometimes. You can go in and have a doctor kill your unborn baby for around $300. But you can't pay a doctor to kill your 80 year old grandma. Not to mention, we are expected to wear masks, hide in Joe Biden's basement, so grandma doesn't risk catching a f'ing cold...

Nowhere near the 1918 flu numbers, eh?
01-07-2020 21:37
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
GasGuzzler wrote:

Actual information on what you posted. It wasn't Al Gore. That is insulting on so many levels. Are you a techno-phobe?
What does the internet have to do with your issues? The internet per-se is not political. One guy who invented the switches which helped the internet to advance is a teacher at Stanford, is a Billionaire and drives a 1987 VW van/bus.
In your post, you're simply being a hater. The internet has nothing to do with anything but itself. And if it ever learns to think, then we're doomed.
https://www.history.com/news/who-invented-the-internet
Edited on 01-07-2020 21:38

Join the debate Not such good news:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Why exactly is strip mining for coal bad, yet strip mining for Lithium is good923-12-2023 00:11
Breaking News. Liberal turd Dianne Feinstein croaked and as such I will mourn in my030-09-2023 02:00
Breaking News- Please call 843-963-3600, if you have seen our crashed F35 Lego jet219-09-2023 14:52
fox news3516-09-2023 13:27
BREAKING NEWS Vaccinated Jill Xiden gets covid for second time005-09-2023 05:37
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact