Remember me
▼ Content

Not exactly climate related, but increasing CO2 is making society stupid

Not exactly climate related, but increasing CO2 is making society stupid01-11-2016 01:29
Tai Hai Chen
★★★★☆
(1085)
CO2 in increasing amounts displace oxygen and make people sleepy and, over long periods, less intelligent due to destruction of brain cells.

As shown in the movie Idiocracy, in 500 years from now, society becomes very stupid because of CO2 increase.

Look at CO2 increase. http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/gmd/ccgg/trends/weekly.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBvIweCIgwk
Edited on 01-11-2016 01:30
01-11-2016 04:26
jwoodward48
★★★★☆
(1537)
AUGH NO STOP

The increase in CO2 has a negligible direct affect on humans!
01-11-2016 10:55
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
Strange that you invoke that film, I don't remember the bit about CO2 though.

No doubt the future minister of sciency stuff will be on hand to tell us how with increased CO2 levels we will have grapes the size of watermelons.
01-11-2016 11:54
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14377)
spot wrote: No doubt the future minister of sciency stuff ...

It's good that you admit to your own need to start taking notes.

spot wrote: ..will be on hand to tell us how with increased CO2 levels we will have grapes the size of watermelons.

This is an excellent example of a preemptive mischaracterization. Grape-melons is your baby. You own it.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

A Spaghetti strainer with the faucet running, retains water- tmiddles

Clouds don't trap heat. Clouds block cold. - Spongy Iris

Printing dollars to pay debt doesn't increase the number of dollars. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ah the "Valid Data" myth of ITN/IBD. - tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

:*sigh* Not the "raw data" crap. - Leafsdude

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
01-11-2016 12:34
spot
★★★★☆
(1323)
Do the world a favour and take a long walk off a short pier Ibdaman.
01-11-2016 15:10
jerrylh
☆☆☆☆☆
(13)
JWoodward48 is correct on this.
01-11-2016 17:39
(14377)
jerrylh wrote: JWoodward48 is correct on this.

For the most part you are correct on this.

I don't think i can [define it]. I just kind of get a feel for the phrase. - keepit

If Venus were a black body it would have a much much lower temperature than what we found there.- tmiddles

Ceist - I couldn't agree with you more. But when money and religion are involved, and there are people who value them above all else, then the lies begin. - trafn

You are completely misunderstanding their use of the word "accumulation"! - Climate Scientist.

The Stefan-Boltzman equation doesn't come up with the correct temperature if greenhouse gases are not considered - Hank

IB STILL hasn't explained what Planck's Law means. Just more hand waving that it applies to everything and more asserting that the greenhouse effect 'violates' it.- Ceist
01-11-2016 17:43
(14377)
spot wrote: Do the world a favour and take a long walk off a short pier Ibdaman.

The world is a much better place for my being in it. For petty, whining Marxist losers, not so much.

Aren't you supposed to have started learning yet? You aren't going to be adding much value to the world until you do.

Do you even know what a "pier" is?

01-11-2016 17:50
(14377)
jwoodward48 wrote: The increase in CO2 has a negligible direct affect on humans!

Does an increase in CO2 have a substantive direct effect on the earth's "climate"?

01-11-2016 22:21
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21559)
IBdaMann wrote:
Do you even know what a "pier" is?

Does that require a pier review?

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
01-11-2016 23:43
(14377)
Into the Night wrote:Does that require a pier review?

Not if the data is dock-tored.

04-11-2016 19:05
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
Is there the slightest science to back up this?

I mean it might explain a few people around the place but there have always been fools....

Edited on 04-11-2016 19:05
04-11-2016 21:40
(14377)
Tim the plumber wrote:
Is there the slightest science to back up this?

I mean it might explain a few people around the place but there have always been fools....

This would mostly be a matter of research, however the science involved is that of "partial pressures."

There is precious little research surrounding CO2 because no one wants to invest good money scavenging for potential hazards of a life-essential gas, with oxygen being a notable exception because of its flammability. OSHA rightfully doesn't list either CO2 or nitrogen as hazardous materials.

All you will get from OSHA are recommendations to avoid prolonged exposure to CO2 concentrations 25-times atmospheric levels, based on the partial pressures science mentioned above which translates into a diminished capacity of the lungs to exchange out CO2 from the blood for replenishing oxygen from the atmosphere.

It is true that CO2 is heavier than oxygen. In closed spaces that produce CO2 the danger is that CO2 will descend toward/fill up at the floor where the humans are and displace oxygen that would normally be breathed.

Again, research is lacking. Abundant, however, is catastrophic fear-mongering about how "poisonous" CO2 is and how we're all going to suffocate any day now.

04-11-2016 22:20
jwoodward48
★★★★☆
(1537)
That's called nutpicking, and it doesn't support your claims. There are some idiots on my side, that I will admit, but there are just as many on yours.
05-11-2016 15:23
(14377)
jwoodward48 wrote: That's called nutpicking, and it doesn't support your claims. There are some idiots on my side, that I will admit, but there are just as many on yours.

Did you use a random warmizombie response generator? This post is so generic and so detached from the topic that it can be randomly inserted into any thread.

I'm "nutpicking." Thank you for recognizing that, although you apparently don't know what it means. To "nutpick" means to extract the salient points and to discard the irrelevant.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/nutpick

07-11-2016 06:02
jwoodward48
★★★★☆
(1537)
IBdaMann wrote:
jwoodward48 wrote: That's called nutpicking, and it doesn't support your claims. There are some idiots on my side, that I will admit, but there are just as many on yours.

Did you use a random warmizombie response generator? This post is so generic and so detached from the topic that it can be randomly inserted into any thread.

"Those warmizombie alarmists are FREAKING OUT about how we will all SUFFOCATE in the CO2." That was what you said, basically. I was responding to it.
I'm "nutpicking." Thank you for recognizing that, although you apparently don't know what it means. To "nutpick" means to extract the salient points and to discard the irrelevant.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/nutpick

That is the older meaning of "nutpick." Another, newer meaning is derived from "nitpick" and "wingnut". It describes the fallacy of refuting a wacky minority, and then claiming that you have refuted the majority.

"Heads on a science
Apart" - Coldplay, The Scientist

IBdaMann wrote:
No, science doesn't insist that, ergo I don't insist that.

I am the Ninja Scientist! Beware!
07-11-2016 17:45
(14377)
jwoodward48 wrote: That is the older meaning of "nutpick." Another, newer meaning is derived from "nitpick" and "wingnut". It describes the fallacy of refuting a wacky minority, and then claiming that you have refuted the majority.

Your definition might have applied if you had ever distanced yourself from any WACKY viewpoint. Instead, the WACKIER the viewpoint, the more aggressively you have been willing to fall on your sword in its defense. Any person with a logically contradictory or physics-violating opinion becomes a champion in your eyes, one behind whose knees you hide and spit mocking jabs. All of my refutations are simply my usage of science, math and logic to disassemble WACKY assertions, so you can't very well claim that I am somehow committing a fallacy that somehow makes any of your assertions true.

We remain with the understanding that you worship a WACKY religion that you accept on blind faith, for which there is no supporting science. We remain with the understanding that you thus preach doom-n-gloom catastrophes that are pure fear-mongering fiction, pretending to be concerned about future generations. We understand that any such concern is not genuine because you advocate the killing of future generations. We understand that your true motives are the advancement of the Marxist agenda.

I think that about sums it up, unless you have something to add. I'm not sure whether you are saying that you are just one crazy nutcase and that showing your arguments to be silly doesn't tear down Global Warming (because that would be your definition of "nutpicking") or whether you are claiming that my refutation of some particular WACKY view is "nutpicking" and thus your arguments are somehow rendered true. In any event, your WACKY religion is pretty bogus no matter how you look at it.

07-11-2016 18:55
jwoodward48
★★★★☆
(1537)
IBdaMann wrote:
jwoodward48 wrote: That is the older meaning of "nutpick." Another, newer meaning is derived from "nitpick" and "wingnut". It describes the fallacy of refuting a wacky minority, and then claiming that you have refuted the majority.

Your definition might have applied if you had ever distanced yourself from any WACKY viewpoint. Instead, the WACKIER the viewpoint, the more aggressively you have been willing to fall on your sword in its defense. Any person with a logically contradictory or physics-violating opinion becomes a champion in your eyes, one behind whose knees you hide and spit mocking jabs. All of my refutations are simply my usage of science, math and logic to disassemble WACKY assertions, so you can't very well claim that I am somehow committing a fallacy that somehow makes any of your assertions true.

We remain with the understanding that you worship a WACKY religion that you accept on blind faith, for which there is no supporting science. We remain with the understanding that you thus preach doom-n-gloom catastrophes that are pure fear-mongering fiction, pretending to be concerned about future generations. We understand that any such concern is not genuine because you advocate the killing of future generations. We understand that your true motives are the advancement of the Marxist agenda.

I think that about sums it up, unless you have something to add. I'm not sure whether you are saying that you are just one crazy nutcase and that showing your arguments to be silly doesn't tear down Global Warming (because that would be your definition of "nutpicking") or whether you are claiming that my refutation of some particular WACKY view is "nutpicking" and thus your arguments are somehow rendered true. In any event, your WACKY religion is pretty bogus no matter how you look at it.

That sums something up, yes. That's a decent description of how you view the world, right? Thanks. Very useful.

"Heads on a science
Apart" - Coldplay, The Scientist

IBdaMann wrote:
No, science doesn't insist that, ergo I don't insist that.

I am the Ninja Scientist! Beware!
07-11-2016 22:31
(14377)
jwoodward48 wrote: That sums something up, yes. That's a decent description of how you view the world, right? Thanks. Very useful.

No, it accurately sums up your view of the world. You don't have to talk about it if you don't feel like it.

12-11-2016 00:56
Myleader73
☆☆☆☆☆
(3)
Tai Hai Chen wrote:
CO2 in increasing amounts displace oxygen and make people sleepy and, over long periods, less intelligent due to destruction of brain cells.

As shown in the movie Idiocracy, in 500 years from now, society becomes very stupid because of CO2 increase.

Look at CO2 increase. http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/gmd/ccgg/trends/weekly.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBvIweCIgwk

Displaced oxygen is better described as the destruction of it. Not enough if it in the blood leads to many forms of ill health for people and all forms of wildlife with lungs. Google; hypoxia/obesity.
12-11-2016 16:03
(14377)
Myleader73 wrote:Displaced oxygen is better described as the destruction of it. .

No, the displacement of oxygen is best described as "displacement."

Join the debate Not exactly climate related, but increasing CO2 is making society stupid:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Would You Join A New Secret Society Help Humans Live To At Least 200 Years And More ?203-01-2024 20:18
Fossil Fuel Substitution for reduced emission of CO2, mercury, lead, arsenic, cadmium..39201-12-2023 21:58
Proof That Too Much CO2 Is An Existential Threat32607-11-2023 19:16
Put This Dangerous Stupid Person Beings Entity Into International Blacklist Please017-07-2023 05:37
All Video Games Should Add This New "Happy Ending" Feature Mode For Better Society413-07-2023 19:24
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact