Remember me
▼ Content

Newcomer Welcome! from "sealover", PhD biogeochemist

Page 2 of 2<12
RE: They really didn't look like biogeochemistry science lessons?19-03-2022 08:11
sealover
★★★★☆
(1245)
I don't know what you thought you were reading.

Did they look like what someone posts because they're looking for a fight?

What did you think they were?

An invitation to gang rape?

How could you be so dense?

Didn't you understand ANY of the science?
----------------------------------------------------------------

Into the Night wrote:
sealover wrote:
sealover wrote:
It is possible that some of the people reading my posts have that noticed that they are, since the very first one, biogeochemistry science lessons.

Irony intended.

It is possible that some of the people reading my posts thought that I just came here to get gang-raped.

Sorry to disappoint you.

Irony intended.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is possible that some of the people reading the above post noticed that I messed up the first sentence.

I didn't notice.

And that's the problem.

I'm doing this off the top of my head, with no way save drafts for editing.

NONE OF THIS IS CITABLE IN ANY WAY.

Just trust me that all the basic stuff was right.

Some of you believe in the credibility of my credentials.

Irony intended.

But sometimes I'm thinking about what arsenate does as a biogeochemical player and I accidentally write "arsenite"

I didn't have a chance to compile and polish it all, making sure I didn't accidentally eff it up.

Trolling yourself again, eh?
19-03-2022 19:30
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21588)
sealover wrote:
I don't know what you thought you were reading.

Did they look like what someone posts because they're looking for a fight?

What did you think they were?

An invitation to gang rape?

How could you be so dense?

Didn't you understand ANY of the science?

Random phrases. No apparent coherency. No argument presented.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
RE: Cite as: "sealover", personal communication if you like20-03-2022 05:07
sealover
★★★★☆
(1245)
Cite as: "sealover", personal communications

I am genuinely hoping that readers will use this material in any way that is of value.

I hope others will quote it directly, if that serves their purpose.

If it needed to be cited somehow for a peer-reviewed pub, it is enough to say:

"sealover", personal communication.

If you want to quote it, and someone want to know.

Just follow the quote with - "sea lover"

There are certainly no copyrights or publications rights at stake.

This is how an old scientist tries to give back to the earth and its people.

Besides, I owe you guys.

Some of you invested your tax dollars in my training.
20-03-2022 08:56
(21588)
sealover wrote:
Cite as: "sealover", personal communications

I am genuinely hoping that readers will use this material in any way that is of value.

I hope others will quote it directly, if that serves their purpose.

If it needed to be cited somehow for a peer-reviewed pub, it is enough to say:

"sealover", personal communication.

If you want to quote it, and someone want to know.

Just follow the quote with - "sea lover"

There are certainly no copyrights or publications rights at stake.

This is how an old scientist tries to give back to the earth and its people.

Besides, I owe you guys.

Some of you invested your tax dollars in my training.

Random phrases. No apparent coherency. Spamming. No argument presented.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
15-04-2022 17:48
Im a BM
★★★☆☆
(595)
Your leadership will be missed.

IBdaMann wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
gfm7175 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:There is no science called 'biogeochemistry'. No theory of science is based on a buzzword.
I can only figure that he is combining biology, geology, and chemistry all into one word for whatever reason. I'm not sure what's up with that either, but he says a lot of things that don't make sense.
EDIT: Of course, the best source of all things has an entry with regard to this word... From Wikipedia:
So if you get enough box tops, you can get your degree in it. Meh.

How many times have people come to this site claiming to be PhDs in some sort of science, broadcasting their credentials, as a means of bullying people into not questioning their Climate Change proselytizing?

@gfm7175, I think the Wikipedia reference is of particular importance in this case. I can totally believe that seal over has taken some chemistry classes at some point. He treats topics by addressing certain concepts that really are the correct way a chemist would analyze and discusses something. Great.

Unfortunately, as is the case with virtually all warmizombies and climate lemmings, he is simply latching onto something he knows to use as a tool to generate "plausibility" in the minds of those who do not know that subject matter. In this case, seal over interweaves barrages of technical jargon (that are not understandable by your typical poster, ... in the name of bringing the discussion down to the level of the typical poster) amongst pointless anecdotes that simply whine and snivel about how mankind is bad and is destroying the planet and woe are we ... except he thinks he has a solution. All that is needed is to believe him, and to accept him as the authority that is not to be questioned.

That is the telltale sign. He demands unquestioning faith. He will not define his terms and he lashes out at scrutiny, he never clarifies or makes any attempt to convince. One is to believe and obey without question or else he is poised to pour on the bullying and intimidation.

I checked the course catalogs of some of the most liberal universities, looking for biogeochemistry courses. None exist; however, some universities are joining the push to make it a legitimate word in academia. Columbia University, for example, has tacked the word "biogeochemical" onto the end of nine of their course descriptions, two of which you'll appreciate: WETLANDS & CLIMATE CHANGE and FUNDAMENTALS OF EVOLUTION. Stanford has some "Ecosystem Ecology" courses with that word attached, but I have to ask if there exists ecology of something other than ecosystems. Stanford too has some "science of Climate" courses. None have any "Biogeochemistry 101."

@Into the Night, some things that I have noticed in life and you might have as well ...

1) There is no such thing as an actual scientist who is dying to teach newcomers and laypeople by not defining any terms.

2) There is no such thing as a teacher who exclusively uses esoteric techno-jargon in a concerted effort to bring the conversation down to the level of the layman.

3) There is no such thing as an honest person who comes to an anonymous forum and merely points to his claimed credentials as if that renders him above being questioned.

4) There is no such thing as invented, sciency-sounding terms that are used by religious preachers that aren't aimed at A) demonizing science as a threat to the religion or
reining in science under the ownership of the religion, e.g. biogeochemistry, ocean acidification, greenhouse effect, thermal forcing, etc..

5) There is no such thing as an honest teacher who lashes out at those who ask questions. See point #3.

Just some things I have noticed.

08-05-2022 07:34
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14394)
sealover wrote: Greetings newcomers! If you want to ask me questions about biogeochemistry. Particularly questions about biogeochemistry related to climate change and ocean "acidification", I would be happy to offer an answer.

However, in my case, I offer a streamlined route to get past the trolls in the rabbit hole. By my avatar, you can click on "sealover" You can then see the titles of my latest posts.

Attached image:

RE: A few tips from "Im a BM" about the trolls.10-05-2022 21:38
Im a BM
★★★☆☆
(595)
sealover wrote:
Greetings newcomers!

My name is "sealover"

I'm a PhD biogeochemist.

Yes, some of you knew that already.

If you want to ask me questions about biogeochemistry.

Particularly questions about biogeochemistry related to climate change and ocean "acidification", I would be happy to offer an answer.

However, in my case, I offer a streamlined route to get past the trolls in the rabbit hole.

It means you'll have to wait a day or so to get your answer, but you won't have to go into the rabbit hole to get it.

By my avatar, you can click on "sealover"

You can then see the titles of my latest posts.

It should be obvious from the titles which post is your specific question.

You won't be exposed to nearly as much noise and abuse this way.

With your question please put a subject title.

Please try to compose a title for the question that gives a way for myself and others to know what it is.

They might want to look at it too.

They might want to answer it too.

But let's do our best to avoid the pitfalls of a website such as this.

Drop in quick to drop off a question.

Pick it up the answer the next day without having to see a word from any troll.

A few tips from "Im a BM" about the trolls.

"sealover" created "Im a BM" to interact with the handful of trolls who have made this website a very ugly place for discussion for more than seven years.

As suggested, newcomers can leave a question for "sealover" and look for an answer the next day, without having to see any of the disgusting garbage posted by the trolls whose identity is self evident in the nature of their posts.

There is also the PERSONAL MESSAGE (PM) option, to prevent the trolls from seeing what YOU say.

"sealover" can then quote your question or comment, if you want it made public.

If you prefer, you can have it as a strictly PRIVATE conversation that the hecklers and bullies will not be able to ridicule.

They wouldn't even know what the gibber babble buzzwords mean, anyway.

Their attacks on what they don't understand can be prevented or ignored.
11-05-2022 06:16
(21588)
Im a BM wrote:
sealover wrote:
Greetings newcomers!

My name is "sealover"

I'm a PhD biogeochemist.

Particularly questions about biogeochemistry related to climate change and ocean "acidification", I would be happy to offer an answer.

However, in my case, I offer a streamlined route to get past the trolls in the rabbit hole.

It means you'll have to wait a day or so to get your answer, but you won't have to go into the rabbit hole to get it.

Please try to compose a title for the question that gives a way for myself and others to know what it is.

A few tips from "Im a BM" about the trolls.

"sealover" created "Im a BM" to interact with the handful of trolls who have made this website a very ugly place for discussion for more than seven years.

As suggested, newcomers can leave a question for "sealover" and look for an answer the next day, without having to see any of the disgusting garbage posted by the trolls whose identity is self evident in the nature of their posts.

There is also the PERSONAL MESSAGE (PM) option, to prevent the trolls from seeing what YOU say.

"sealover" can then quote your question or comment, if you want it made public.

If you prefer, you can have it as a strictly PRIVATE conversation that the hecklers and bullies will not be able to ridicule.

They wouldn't even know what the gibber babble buzzwords mean, anyway.

Their attacks on what they don't understand can be prevented or ignored.

Buzzword fallacies. Hallucinations. Spamming. Trolling. Insult fallacies. No argument presented.

The Parrot Killer

RE: sealover posts cover from March 9 through May 10, 202211-05-2022 21:43
Im a BM
★★★☆☆
(595)
sealover posts cover from March 9 through May 10, 2022

More recent posts by "sealover" are under the name "Im a BM"

Not the most inspiring name for an avatar, but it was an adaptation to environmental conditions.

Basically, all sealover posts are limited to a two month period.

The same PhD scientist with relevant, widely cited publications is "Im a BM"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sealover wrote:
Greetings newcomers!

My name is "sealover"

I'm a PhD biogeochemist.

11-05-2022 23:16
(21588)
Im a BM wrote:
sealover posts cover from March 9 through May 10, 2022

More recent posts by "sealover" are under the name "Im a BM"

Not the most inspiring name for an avatar, but it was an adaptation to environmental conditions.

Basically, all sealover posts are limited to a two month period.

The same PhD scientist with relevant, widely cited publications is "Im a BM"

You are a nothing. You deny and discard science and mathematics.

The Parrot Killer

Page 2 of 2<12

Join the debate Newcomer Welcome! from "sealover", PhD biogeochemist:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Climate Change and Ocean Acidification Science - how to find "sealover" posts1318-08-2022 06:25
National Climate Change Is Real Day (sealover please do not read this it is a surprise)529-04-2022 20:08
sealover, an actual PhD biogeochemist with relevant knowledge to share.3025-04-2022 22:58
Safe Friends of "sealover" - Troll-free Library Networking. Join the List.622-03-2022 05:21
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact