▼ Content

New wind turbine design

New wind turbine design16-07-2018 19:46
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
http://basicwindtec.webstarts.com/index.html?r=20180616173841

I have built this.

Any advice as I definately need it especially on the website and then on the business plan!!
16-07-2018 22:27
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21582)
At least it sits lower than one of those wind turbine towers.

You might look at the strength of the moving parts. A thrown blade in one of these things will do a real number on it, and quite possibly stuff nearby (like a house).

I think you'll have to build a nicer looking version of it (or more efficient) or people will just build their own and not buy yours.

As with any wind power system, ballasting is also something to think about. It will help cover those times when the wind is not blowing hard enough.

Such is my two cents of opinion.
Edited on 16-07-2018 22:29
16-07-2018 22:52
Tim the plumber
★★★★☆
(1356)
I have patent pending.

And yes I must put the sides on it and generally tidy it up.

Ballasting? The present one is anchored by a few tonnes of concrete but the proper ones may have some other method.

Edited on 16-07-2018 22:52
17-07-2018 01:36
(21582)
Tim the plumber wrote:
I have patent pending.

And yes I must put the sides on it and generally tidy it up.

Ballasting? The present one is anchored by a few tonnes of concrete but the proper ones may have some other method.

Ah. So this is your design! It's an interesting one.

Ballasting is not the anchor that holds it down (although that's obviously important!). It is the method of storing energy generated during plentiful times for those less plentiful times.

For example, a solar panel could store the energy it collects during the day into a battery, then use what is in the battery at night when there is no Sun.

A simple example of this kind of ballasting are those little decorative solar powered led garden lights you can buy from almost anywhere.

Other forms of ballasting is to use the energy to pump water up to a higher level, then use hydroelectric power as it falls again. Pneumatic systems pump up the pressure in a tank, then release that pressure later. Some use the energy to generate hydrogen, then use that hydrogen in a fuel cell later.

It is any system that stores the excess energy from such a machine when you have more than the needed energy at the moment.

To a limited extend, the grid itself can ballast. Loads are constantly changing on the grid, but they tend to average out for that time of day, so generating stations can provide relatively constant energy and get away with it. Those generates get a constantly variable field winding to vary the output of the generator (which is really a dynamo).

Your car has a voltage regulator built into the alternator or is a separate device usually mounted on the firewall somewhere that does the same thing for your alternator. It compensates for the changing loads your alternator sees for you, using the battery as the ballasting system. That's why you can start your car using an electric motor even though the alternator is not yet running. (Most people think the electrical needs of the car runs off the battery, but it actually runs off the alternator. The battery is only there to get things started.)

Good luck with your design. It does look like an interesting one.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
17-07-2018 04:05
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Tim the plumber wrote:

I have built this.

Any advice as I definately need it especially on the website and then on the business plan!!

...https://www.facebook.com/visitsenja/videos/2151507581842326/?t=0
17-07-2018 04:16
James___
★★★★★
(5513)
Tim the plumber wrote:

I have built this.

..I have a project that I'm working on to help with this type of situation https://www.facebook.com/KurdNiga/videos/1675036199261659/.
.With what you're building, unfortunately when the air leaving your cone has a greater velocity it will also have a corresponding decrease in pressure. This means no increase in work.
.I do have my own design that I want to pursue. It's based on aerodynamics.
Edited on 17-07-2018 04:16
17-07-2018 06:37
(21582)
James___ wrote:
Tim the plumber wrote:

I have built this.

..I have a project that I'm working on to help with this type of situation
.With what you're building, unfortunately when the air leaving your cone has a greater velocity it will also have a corresponding decrease in pressure. This means no increase in work.
.I do have my own design that I want to pursue. It's based on aerodynamics.

He is building a wind powered generator. He is not trying to perform work. He is using the energy gained from to perform work elsewhere. You do not 'increase' or 'decrease' work.

From your current understanding of physics I can only imagine what your 'aerodynamics' would be.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 17-07-2018 06:37

Join the debate New wind turbine design:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Using Wind Turbines is Mass Murder301-02-2024 03:00
Offshore wind projects face economic storm. Cancellations jeopardize Biden clean energy goals705-11-2023 20:41
THIS MONTH'S WORLD'S LARGEST WIND TURBINE GOES OPERATIONAL529-07-2023 20:03
3D DESIGN WITH TEXT-BASED AI314-05-2023 00:11
Patened enclosed vertical axis wind turbine. Seeking business partner.17229-12-2022 20:50
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact