Page 9 of 11<<<7891011>
01-10-2022 07:51
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(5196)
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
Glad that you agree with the following

Solar energy is the most abundant energy resource on earth -- 173,000 terawatts of solar energy strikes the Earth continuously. That's more than 10,000 times the world's total energy use.

See you can still learn

Solar panels are less the 20% efficient at converting. There is marketing hype, and breakthrough research, claiming 30+, but that's in 'ideal', lab conditions. All that abundant solar energy, is also spread over a large surface area. Obviously, we can't cover the entire planet surface with solar panels. We need plants for food, which need solar energy, and also tend to cast shadows on solar panels... Cloud cover, and of course nighttime sort of reduce the amount of solar energy available to solar panels. There maybe a lot of potential solar energy available, but we can only utilize a small fraction of it. Solar panels degrade in the environment where they are used. Less the 20% is actually converted to electricity, the rest brutalizes the panel. Marketing estimates a 20+ years of production. Unfortunately, after 10 years, the panels have degraded significantly, and may no long produce sufficiently for the application. If you installed an 18 volt panel, to charge a 12 volt lead-acid battery. 10 years later, you probably won't get enough voltage to fully charge the battery, and cells in the battery die. You need larger panels, to compensate for degrading. The extra energy produced goes to waste, usually dissipated as heat.

Solar has it's uses, but mostly short term, temporary. You can get by on it for a while, but it's not a longterm solution.

LOL my post was about solar energy, not your flimsy solar panels.

Solar energy is the most abundant energy resource on earth -- 173,000 terawatts of solar energy strikes the Earth continuously. That's more than 10,000 times the world's total energy use.

Not that you could ever distinguish between a watt and 173,000 terawatts of continuous power

Doesn't matter much how much is available, if there is only a limited capacity to make use of it. There is a huge potential amount of energy available from fusion reactors. Which, has been only 15 years away, for the past 50 years... Been a few years, but last I heard. They managed to keep the plasma burning, for almost 90 seconds. The record at the time. No attempts to actually generate electricty, or use the energy generated in those 90 seconds either.
01-10-2022 18:24
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(21582)
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:

See you can still learn

Solar panels are less the 20% efficient at converting. There is marketing hype, and breakthrough research, claiming 30+, but that's in 'ideal', lab conditions. All that abundant solar energy, is also spread over a large surface area. Obviously, we can't cover the entire planet surface with solar panels. We need plants for food, which need solar energy, and also tend to cast shadows on solar panels... Cloud cover, and of course nighttime sort of reduce the amount of solar energy available to solar panels. There maybe a lot of potential solar energy available, but we can only utilize a small fraction of it. Solar panels degrade in the environment where they are used. Less the 20% is actually converted to electricity, the rest brutalizes the panel. Marketing estimates a 20+ years of production. Unfortunately, after 10 years, the panels have degraded significantly, and may no long produce sufficiently for the application. If you installed an 18 volt panel, to charge a 12 volt lead-acid battery. 10 years later, you probably won't get enough voltage to fully charge the battery, and cells in the battery die. You need larger panels, to compensate for degrading. The extra energy produced goes to waste, usually dissipated as heat.

Solar has it's uses, but mostly short term, temporary. You can get by on it for a while, but it's not a longterm solution.

Not that you could ever distinguish between a watt and 173,000 terawatts of continuous power

Doesn't matter much how much is available, if there is only a limited capacity to make use of it.

Quite right. Solar panels do not cover the entire surface of Earth, they are expensive and degrade rather quickly, and wind up being the most expensive method there is to produce electricity (watt for watt).
HarveyH55 wrote:
There is a huge potential amount of energy available from fusion reactors. Which, has been only 15 years away, for the past 50 years... Been a few years, but last I heard. They managed to keep the plasma burning, for almost 90 seconds. The record at the time. No attempts to actually generate electricty, or use the energy generated in those 90 seconds either.

Nice idea, but unfortunately no power is available from fusion yet. The only fusion we can create is in the form of a bomb (the H bomb). THOSE few seconds are definitely not desirable!

What you are talking about, of course, is controlled fusion.

Energy markets are just that...markets. There is no 'best' energy source. People are going to buy the energy source they want. It is not for us or anyone else to decide for them. Encouraging a government to manipulate energy markets is only encouraging fascism.

Researching new forms of energy, such as controlled fusion, is fine...but it's not on the energy market yet.

Remember the Church of Global Warming stems from the Church of Karl Marx (indirectly). It councils fascism, communism, and tyranny.

No thanks.

The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
01-10-2022 18:51
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5708)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:

See you can still learn

Argument from randU fallacy. Insult fallacy. No argument presented. Trolling.

LOL so you really paid $400,000.00 to earn a PhD just so you could babble, and I quote "Argument from randU fallacy. Insult fallacy. No argument presented. Trolling." here.

A truly stunning waste of a mind, but hey it takes up some of the time that you would be smoking crack at least

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

I LOVE TRUMP BECAUSE HE PISSES OFF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT I CAN'T STAND.

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

So why is helping to hide the murder of an American president patriotic?

It's time to dig up Joseph Mccarthey and show him TikTok, then duck.

Now be honest, was I correct or was I correct? LOL
01-10-2022 20:30
(21582)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
HarveyH55 wrote:
Swan wrote:

See you can still learn

Argument from randU fallacy. Insult fallacy. No argument presented. Trolling.

...deleted Mantras 1a...

No argument presented. Trolling.

The Parrot Killer

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
01-10-2022 20:57
Robert Wagner
★☆☆☆☆
(68)
Into the Night, the broken record.
01-10-2022 21:07
(21582)
Robert Wagner wrote:

Inversion fallacy. You are describing yourself.

The Parrot Killer

01-10-2022 21:41
Robert Wagner
★☆☆☆☆
(68)
Into the Night wrote:
Robert Wagner wrote:

And talking about yourself, again, troll.
Edited on 01-10-2022 21:42
01-10-2022 22:29
(21582)
Robert Wagner wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Robert Wagner wrote:

The Parrot Killer

01-10-2022 23:48
Robert Wagner
★☆☆☆☆
(68)
Into the Night wrote:
Robert Wagner wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Robert Wagner wrote:

No argument needed for trolling trolls, troll.
02-10-2022 00:10
(21582)
Robert Wagner wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Robert Wagner wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Robert Wagner wrote:

...deleted Mantra 17...

The Parrot Killer

02-10-2022 00:46
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5708)
Into the Night wrote:
Robert Wagner wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Robert Wagner wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Robert Wagner wrote:

...deleted Mantra 17...

You just defined your own life

IBdaMann claims that Gold is a molecule, and that the last ice age never happened because I was not there to see it. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that IBdaMann is clearly not using enough LSD.

According to CDC/Government info, people who were vaccinated are now DYING at a higher rate than non-vaccinated people, which exposes the covid vaccines as the poison that they are, this is now fully confirmed by the terrorist CDC

This place is quieter than the FBI commenting on the chink bank account information on Hunter Xiden's laptop

ULTRA MAGA

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." MOTHER THERESA OF CALCUTTA

02-10-2022 02:52
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(14389)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Robert Wagner wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Robert Wagner wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Robert Wagner wrote:Into the Night, the broken record.
Inversion fallacy. You are describing yourself. No argument presented. Trolling.
Inversion fallacy. You are describing yourself. No argument presented. Trolling.
...deleted Mantra 17...

Swan, I have to ask, why didn't you hurl that at Robert Wagner? Have you ever encountered a bigger loser than him? He hasn't added any value to this board or to the Danish board.

I'm just curious.

02-10-2022 04:12
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5708)
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Robert Wagner wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Robert Wagner wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
...deleted Mantra 17...

Swan, I have to ask, why didn't you hurl that at Robert Wagner? Have you ever encountered a bigger loser than him? He hasn't added any value to this board or to the Danish board.

I'm just curious.

What do you add value too?

ULTRA MAGA

02-10-2022 05:19
(14389)
Swan wrote:What do you add value too?

You didn't answer my question ... but I'll answer yours.

I add value to everything I touch, to everything to which I contribute, to everything I build, to every design I either create or improve, and to every situation I influence.

Don't be afraid to come to me for some improvement or for answers to questions you find difficult.

02-10-2022 10:48
Robert Wagner
★☆☆☆☆
(68)
IBdaMann wrote:

I add value to everything I touch, to everything to which I contribute, to everything I build, to every design I either create or improve, and to every situation I influence.

Don't be afraid to come to me for some improvement or for answers to questions you find difficult.

Delusional troll.
02-10-2022 11:58
(21582)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Robert Wagner wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Robert Wagner wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Robert Wagner wrote:

...deleted Mantra 17...

...deleted Mantra 17...

The Parrot Killer

02-10-2022 11:59
(21582)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Robert Wagner wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Robert Wagner wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
...deleted Mantra 17...

I'm just curious.

What do you add value too?

RQAA

The Parrot Killer

02-10-2022 11:59
(21582)
Robert Wagner wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

...deleted Mantra 17...

The Parrot Killer

02-10-2022 12:15
Robert Wagner
★☆☆☆☆
(68)
Into the Night wrote:
Robert Wagner wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

...deleted Mantra 17...

Troll misquoting.
02-10-2022 14:55
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5708)
IBdaMann wrote:

Do you add value to your toilet when you touch it?

Name your design patents?

Explain how you are influencing climate change at a website with 4 known users, minus the schizzos with multiple persona's naturally.

ULTRA MAGA

02-10-2022 20:14
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2932)
Swan wrote:Do you add value to your toilet when you touch it?

Does a king not add value to his throne by sitting on it?

Radiation will not penetrate a perfect insulator, thus as I said space is not a perfect insulator.- Swan
02-10-2022 20:34
(21582)
Robert Wagner wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Robert Wagner wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

...deleted Mantra 17...

...deleted Mantra 17...

The Parrot Killer

02-10-2022 20:37
(21582)
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

...deleted Mantras 10k...15a...25g...1d...

The Parrot Killer

02-10-2022 21:23
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5708)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

LOL you just keep stomping your feet and demanding that your babbles demand an argument, because in all reality a hunk of cow manure has more value than your thoughts

ULTRA MAGA

03-10-2022 05:47
(21582)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

...deleted Mantras 22h...5...

The Parrot Killer

03-10-2022 15:01
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5708)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

You go girl.

ULTRA MAGA

03-10-2022 18:21
(21582)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

...deleted Mantra 1i...

The Parrot Killer

03-10-2022 19:20
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5708)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

...deleted Mantra 1i...

You wasted 7 years of college to be here as my pet

Again you are confused as I have no reason to argue with myself like you want me to believe that I should, that said you are the PhD that is wasting their life here entertaining me.

You go girl

ULTRA MAGA

03-10-2022 20:28
(21582)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

...deleted Mantra 1i...

...deleted Mantra 1a...22h...

The Parrot Killer

03-10-2022 23:23
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5708)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

...deleted Mantra 1i...

You wasted 7 years of college to repeat the same line over and over.

Polly want a crackhead

ULTRA MAGA

04-10-2022 00:18
(21582)
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

...deleted Mantra 1i...

...deleted Mantra 1a...

The Parrot Killer

04-10-2022 02:32
(14389)
I was looking up proper orthography for Climate Change and I learned that they don't use whole-bean digits, but rather use ground zeroes, and they prohibit cold punctuation, requiring warm periods among others.
04-10-2022 21:38
(21582)
IBdaMann wrote:
I was looking up proper orthography for Climate Change and I learned that they don't use whole-bean digits, but rather use ground zeroes, and they prohibit cold punctuation, requiring warm periods among others.

The Parrot Killer

05-10-2022 00:16
SwanProfile picture★★★★★
(5708)
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
Into the Night wrote:
Swan wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:

...deleted Mantra 1i...

...deleted Mantra 1a...

What no more NSA conversations?

ULTRA MAGA

16-06-2023 13:09
Im a BM
★★★☆☆
(595)
Ceist wrote:
New posters beware!

This forum is almost completely neglected by it's owner and is virtually unmoderated, so it has become the last refuge of a small handful of hardcore science deniers and conspiracy theorists who exhibit strong signs of mental illness - including personality disorders, autism spectrum disorders, narcissistic irrational and delusional thinking, emotional dis-regulation, paranoia, pathological lying, and abusive sociopathic manipulative behavior.

They have probably been banned from other forums for their poor behavior just as much as for their trolling of utterly irrational scientifically illiterate crackpot ideas.

Post at your own risk.

16-06-2023 13:10
Im a BM
★★★☆☆
(595)
Hank wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Hank wrote:What business is it of yours what I want to do?/

What? Not even a "thank you"? I support your right to believe whatever WACKY religion you wish, no matter how stupidly illogical and contradictory to physics.

What a rude, thankless and scientifically illiterate prikk you are.

Have a great Stefan-Boltzmann day.

What business is it of yours what I want to do?
16-06-2023 13:12
Im a BM
★★★☆☆
(595)
branner wrote:
Please note that personal attacks are not welcome on Climate-Debate.com. I know that the forum has not been moderated so much lately, but users have been banned before, and that could easily happen again.

Therefore: Stop talking about mental illnesses or calling each other names. Surface Detail had a good advice, which I would like to copy: "Stay calm, ignore the abuse, and stick to the science."

Please send me a Private Message if something needs my immediate attention.

And to the new users: Welcome to Climate-Debate.com. I'm fully aware that this can be a tough place, but I hope you will help pushing it in a good direction. I still hope to get more time to moderate soon.

Here is where Branner was naive.

Mental illness is a major contributing factor making this a "tough place"
16-06-2023 13:15
Im a BM
★★★☆☆
(595)
Hank wrote:
Surface Detail wrote:
Why are you even having this stupid argument? IBdaMann is a wind-up merchant. That's what he does and that's what he loves. You obviously know your science, Hank, so stick to that. Let the lurkers decide what makes sense.

I've been here about two months Surface and I'm about through. I can see that it's basically just a few guys that barely understand any science and just need to prop themselves up with each other's posts. But I've actually learned a few things from you and a few others that actually understand science. And someone PM'd me with a suggestion on another site where they actually debate science. You know I assume it takes quite a bit of work for whoever started this site and it's a shame it doesn't attract that many that are interested in real science.

Anyway I'm not arguing with IBdaMann, I'm just pasting the same thing over and over to see how many times he is going to fall for it. It not costing me any time. Anyway it's been a pleasure reading your post and maybe I'll see you again somewhere.
16-06-2023 13:16
Im a BM
★★★☆☆
(595)
spot wrote:
If only you could go back in time and tell Tyndall about Stefan-Boltzmann you would have saved us all and you would have to find some other issue to post multiple unfunny posts on the same theme every waking hour of the day about on a barely moderated talk-board about. I have a suggestion, Why not try putting your super-genius musings on the wall of your local shit-house it probably will be more permanent.
16-06-2023 13:17
Im a BM
★★★☆☆
(595)
spot wrote:
Considering that wikipedia says; "The law was deduced by Josef Stefan (1835–1893) in 1879 on the basis of experimental measurements made by John Tyndall" Stefan probably knew about Tyndalls statements about the atmosphere, if his work disproved it why did he not mention it?

Of course your reply will be sneering and full of stupid assertions and insinuations and probably contain your personal invented pejorative; "Warmzombies" (haha very funny) but you and I both know the real reason why Josef Stefan did not address this point, because he did not disprove the "Greenhouse Effect" or whatever you want to call it. Only an idiot would think he did.

Troll
Page 9 of 11<<<7891011>

Join the debate New Posters beware!:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Eisenhower was right - beware us1316-10-2015 20:07
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know

Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact