Remember me
▼ Content

New Posters beware!



Page 5 of 6<<<3456>
21-04-2022 16:53
GretaGroupieProfile picture★★☆☆☆
(348)
Spongy Iris wrote:
As seal over might say, caffeine is a xenobiotic.

Wow Spongy that word xenobitic sounds like something you do in bed when you do not like some one.


22-04-2022 07:35
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(11757)
GretaGroupie wrote:Yes, I do love her Duncan. She is soooo wonderful!

I was experimenting with contrast and I figured since I had all the stuff open I could just slap together a Gretascape for you.

Enjoy.
Attached image:

22-04-2022 16:54
GretaGroupieProfile picture★★☆☆☆
(348)
IBdaMann wrote:

I love that IBM and I found 3 Gretas.

Thank you that is so cool!


22-04-2022 17:11
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(11757)
GretaGroupie wrote:I love that IBM and I found 3 Gretas.

Don't forget the moon's reflection.

GretaGroupie wrote:Thank you that is so cool!

Like a lake in the evening.
22-04-2022 17:20
GretaGroupieProfile picture★★☆☆☆
(348)
IBdaMann wrote:
Don't forget the moon's reflection.
Like a lake in the evening.

Yes yes yes I see it!!!

I am going to save this on my phone so I can look at it while I dancing at the club and be happy



RE: Es Culto de Religion Anti Cientifica22-04-2022 19:07
sealover
★★★☆☆
(803)
Es Culto de Religion Anti Cientifica

Not italian. Not even gibber babble buzzword scientific terms.

I bet you can figure out what it means.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

GretaGroupie wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
Don't forget the moon's reflection.
Like a lake in the evening.

Yes yes yes I see it!!!

I am going to save this on my phone so I can look at it while I dancing at the club and be happy
22-04-2022 19:52
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(18410)
sealover wrote:
Es Culto de Religion Anti Cientifica


That's what you're pushing, dude.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
22-04-2022 20:01
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(11757)
squeal over wrote:Soy Culto de Religion Anti Cientifica

Mejor decir que eres el jocote con sal ... sin el jocote.
Edited on 22-04-2022 20:01
25-04-2022 17:45
GretaGroupieProfile picture★★☆☆☆
(348)
IBdaMann wrote:
Mejor decir que eres el jocote con sal ... sin el jocote.

I gues I am going to have to do this:


i willa speaka italian bya the
enda ofa nexta weeka



RE: From Branner, April 25 email29-04-2022 21:07
sealover
★★★☆☆
(803)
From Branner, April 25 email.

I'm taking the liberty of quoting a private email message from Branner without getting prior consent.

"My best hope for now is that more and more science based posts will appear, taking up more and more of the space, and slowly making the insults less dominant on the site.."

Good news, Jeppe. There are already fewer ugly clown pictures, and some of those guys are actually having a legitimate scientific debate about natural selection in evolutionary biology.

I can't believe it either!

An actual legitimate scientific debate now on THIS website.

Miracles never cease.

About natural selection.

Maybe someday a valid debate about climate.. if we're allowed to use the word.

I don't think that myself or the poop man are getting banned yet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

branner wrote:
@sealover
Your science related posts are very welcome on the site. You have started a lot of interesting threads related to climate science, which I appreciate.

@All posters
Just keep writing about climate change, and stick to that, instead of personal attacks and spam.

And no, I have NO PLANS of closing down or selling the site.
30-04-2022 05:32
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(11757)
squeal over wrote:Good news, Jeppe. There are already fewer ugly clown pictures,

No pictures have been deleted. There are at least as many beautiful clown pics as there have ever been.

They accumulate. They don't delete themselves.

squeal over wrote:and some of those guys are actually having a legitimate scientific debate about natural selection in evolutionary biology.

There is no science in any speculation about the past.

squeal over wrote:I can't believe it either! All of their terms are unambiguously defined! I didn't know that was allowed.

That's one of the reasons Climate-Debate is perhaps the internet's best discussion site.

squeal over wrote:Maybe someday a valid debate about climate.. if we're allowed to use the word.

What do you mean my "Climate"?

Let me honor you some more:

The ocean's pH inspires many rhymes
having been accurately measured millions of times.
sulfate reduction affinity
bacteria generate alkalinity
in squeal over's groundwater designs

Aerobic oxidation makes the acid.
but sulfuric beyond the carbonic is passive
Though farmers "owned" their own stuff
Their harvests were never enough
The starvation it created was massive
RE: And in my reply to Branner...30-04-2022 06:23
sealover
★★★☆☆
(803)
And in my reply to Branner...

I trust that Jeppe Branner will not be offended if I share some of what I wrote to him in reply to his most recent (April 25) message.

"I don't think you need to intervene to ban anybody" - sealover

"I see no need for you to come in and act as moderator" - sealover

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

branner wrote:
@sealover
Your science related posts are very welcome on the site. You have started a lot of interesting threads related to climate science, which I appreciate.

@All posters
Just keep writing about climate change, and stick to that, instead of personal attacks and spam.

And no, I have NO PLANS of closing down or selling the site.
30-04-2022 06:28
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(11757)
sealover wrote:"I don't think you need to intervene to ban anybody" - sealover

"I see no need for you to come in and act as moderator" - sealover

That's awfully large of you. Thank you.
30-04-2022 15:23
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(4239)
sealover wrote:
From Branner, April 25 email.

I'm taking the liberty of quoting a private email message from Branner without getting prior consent.

"My best hope for now is that more and more science based posts will appear, taking up more and more of the space, and slowly making the insults less dominant on the site.."

Good news, Jeppe. There are already fewer ugly clown pictures, and some of those guys are actually having a legitimate scientific debate about natural selection in evolutionary biology.

I can't believe it either!

An actual legitimate scientific debate now on THIS website.

Miracles never cease.

About natural selection.

Maybe someday a valid debate about climate.. if we're allowed to use the word.

I don't think that myself or the poop man are getting banned yet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

branner wrote:
@sealover
Your science related posts are very welcome on the site. You have started a lot of interesting threads related to climate science, which I appreciate.

@All posters
Just keep writing about climate change, and stick to that, instead of personal attacks and spam.

And no, I have NO PLANS of closing down or selling the site.


I think you are a fake, a phony, a fraud. Nothing you post, has any credibility. The use of a sock-henchman, the threat of May 1st mayhem, threats of banning long time members, who refuse to join your cult. From you track record here, you are probably faking these Emails as well. You have an obsession for attention, validation, respect, that you can only get, virtually. Offline, you are a total loser, with no hope of changing. You post articles, that consist of science-fantasy, or obscure nonsense, that really has little to do with nothing. Stuff that most, of any education level would care too much about, other than a passing interest, without questioning. Probably got you by, on other sites for a while, until you ran out of material, or posted total bullshit. Won't last here any better, since its bullshit, from your fantasy, virtual reality. From your first posts, your only way to build yourself up, to significance, has been to attempt to tear others down. You wouldn't need to bother, if you actually had anything else to start with. You lack the confidence, of someone, who actaully, knows, and has acheived anything in life. There are plenty of climate sites, for overly educated (indoctrinated) people, where you should fit right in, and discuss all the things you seem to want here. No need to add this site to that list. Not everyone has to agree, or follow.
30-04-2022 19:29
duncan61
★★★★☆
(1729)
I have been surfing the net and found our state governments climate policy.90% is just braffle like [we intend to create more green jobs and mitigate and stuff like that]The bit I like best is the future scenario is that Perth weather will be like Jurien bay and Albany will be like Busselton.So basically the weather is going to move 300Km up the coast.There will be less rain but more floods.Thats a bueaty right there.More but less fantastic stuff.Perth has set a record for rain in April this year.How can it be so.
RE: "The words of the Klingon are unimportant, and we do not hear them." - Dr. McCoy30-04-2022 22:46
Im a BM
★★☆☆☆
(158)
"The words of the Klingon are unimportant, and we do not hear them." - Dr. McCoy.

Then "Bones" turns to whisper to Kirk, with a smile, "I just called him a liar."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HarveyH55 wrote:
sealover wrote:
From Branner, April 25 email.

I'm taking the liberty of quoting a private email message from Branner without getting prior consent.

"My best hope for now is that more and more science based posts will appear, taking up more and more of the space, and slowly making the insults less dominant on the site.."

Good news, Jeppe. There are already fewer ugly clown pictures, and some of those guys are actually having a legitimate scientific debate about natural selection in evolutionary biology.

I can't believe it either!

An actual legitimate scientific debate now on THIS website.

Miracles never cease.

About natural selection.

Maybe someday a valid debate about climate.. if we're allowed to use the word.

I don't think that myself or the poop man are getting banned yet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

branner wrote:
@sealover
Your science related posts are very welcome on the site. You have started a lot of interesting threads related to climate science, which I appreciate.

@All posters
Just keep writing about climate change, and stick to that, instead of personal attacks and spam.

And no, I have NO PLANS of closing down or selling the site.


I think you are a fake, a phony, a fraud. Nothing you post, has any credibility. The use of a sock-henchman, the threat of May 1st mayhem, threats of banning long time members, who refuse to join your cult. From you track record here, you are probably faking these Emails as well. You have an obsession for attention, validation, respect, that you can only get, virtually. Offline, you are a total loser, with no hope of changing. You post articles, that consist of science-fantasy, or obscure nonsense, that really has little to do with nothing. Stuff that most, of any education level would care too much about, other than a passing interest, without questioning. Probably got you by, on other sites for a while, until you ran out of material, or posted total bullshit. Won't last here any better, since its bullshit, from your fantasy, virtual reality. From your first posts, your only way to build yourself up, to significance, has been to attempt to tear others down. You wouldn't need to bother, if you actually had anything else to start with. You lack the confidence, of someone, who actaully, knows, and has acheived anything in life. There are plenty of climate sites, for overly educated (indoctrinated) people, where you should fit right in, and discuss all the things you seem to want here. No need to add this site to that list. Not everyone has to agree, or follow.
RE: I'm gonna go out on a limb here...01-05-2022 01:53
Im a BM
★★☆☆☆
(158)
I'm gonna go out on a limb here...

I suspect that the vision behind this website was not just to qualify as a god on the IBM smart person scale.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

GretaGroupie wrote:
branner wrote:
And no, I have NO PLANS of closing down or selling the site.

Holey Bazoley your real


Did you know sealover thought I was you but I did think Spongy was sealover once too so I guess we all make mistakes.

You are like the wizard of oz who made this place but nobody sees. IBM is a know it all but you must be a god on his smart person scale.

So please, please, please tell us if climate change is real because as the wizard you must know. I used to think it was real when I was with the prof but now I'm not sure.



AFTERTHOUGHT: I wathed the wizard of oz with the prof in costumes with me as the scarecrow and him as the lion. Ever see a lion hump a scarecrow? Just kidding I am still a backdoor vergin. My house moms made sure he stuck to the client rules when I moved in with him (SWAN in case your allshimers is acting up and you forgot again that means hand and oral only with a rain coat). He always wore one but I did not cause he liked the taste of my icky sticky (ewwww - gross). I tried wearing one once but it kept falling off. I do not think they make them that small.

Anywho I hope the wizard answers me.
01-05-2022 06:11
James_
★★★☆☆
(888)
Im a BM wrote:
I'm gonna go out on a limb here...

I suspect that the vision behind this website was not just to qualify as a god on the IBM smart person scale.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

GretaGroupie wrote:
branner wrote:
And no, I have NO PLANS of closing down or selling the site.

Holey Bazoley your real


Did you know sealover thought I was you but I did think Spongy was sealover once too so I guess we all make mistakes.

You are like the wizard of oz who made this place but nobody sees. IBM is a know it all but you must be a god on his smart person scale.

So please, please, please tell us if climate change is real because as the wizard you must know. I used to think it was real when I was with the prof but now I'm not sure.



AFTERTHOUGHT: I wathed the wizard of oz with the prof in costumes with me as the scarecrow and him as the lion. Ever see a lion hump a scarecrow? Just kidding I am still a backdoor vergin. My house moms made sure he stuck to the client rules when I moved in with him (SWAN in case your allshimers is acting up and you forgot again that means hand and oral only with a rain coat). He always wore one but I did not cause he liked the taste of my icky sticky (ewwww - gross). I tried wearing one once but it kept falling off. I do not think they make them that small.

Anywho I hope the wizard answers me.



The real purpose might be to collect metadata. People sell that to
advertisers. Why you need to allow for cookies, the cookie monster loves collecting data and we're not talking Sesame Street cookie monster.
RE: Puzzled when it says more than 100 guests01-05-2022 06:25
sealover
★★★☆☆
(803)
Puzzled when it says more than 100 guests

Hello James

I hope that you know I am being sincere when I say that I like and respect you.

Less than two days ago I figured out who they were trying to insult with the "Bible troll" crap. Kind of despicable behavior, in my opinion.

A serious question about meta data collection.

I have been baffled when I see to the left that suddenly more than 100 guests are on the site. They don't seem to post much, whoever they are.

I speculated that they were bots checking up on the spam bot posts, and it was all mindless based on the false promise at one time that this website would be fruitful to their interests.

I have no freaking idea what it might really be.

Do you?

It would help me understand the website better, and be appreciated.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
James_ wrote:
Im a BM wrote:
I'm gonna go out on a limb here...

I suspect that the vision behind this website was not just to qualify as a god on the IBM smart person scale.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

GretaGroupie wrote:
branner wrote:
And no, I have NO PLANS of closing down or selling the site.

Holey Bazoley your real


Did you know sealover thought I was you but I did think Spongy was sealover once too so I guess we all make mistakes.

You are like the wizard of oz who made this place but nobody sees. IBM is a know it all but you must be a god on his smart person scale.

So please, please, please tell us if climate change is real because as the wizard you must know. I used to think it was real when I was with the prof but now I'm not sure.



AFTERTHOUGHT: I wathed the wizard of oz with the prof in costumes with me as the scarecrow and him as the lion. Ever see a lion hump a scarecrow? Just kidding I am still a backdoor vergin. My house moms made sure he stuck to the client rules when I moved in with him (SWAN in case your allshimers is acting up and you forgot again that means hand and oral only with a rain coat). He always wore one but I did not cause he liked the taste of my icky sticky (ewwww - gross). I tried wearing one once but it kept falling off. I do not think they make them that small.

Anywho I hope the wizard answers me.



The real purpose might be to collect metadata. People sell that to
advertisers. Why you need to allow for cookies, the cookie monster loves collecting data and we're not talking Sesame Street cookie monster.
01-05-2022 06:59
James_
★★★☆☆
(888)
[quote]sealover wrote:
Puzzled when it says more than 100 guests

Hello James

I hope that you know I am being sincere when I say that I like and respect you.

Less than two days ago I figured out who they were trying to insult with the "Bible troll" crap. Kind of despicable behavior, in my opinion.

A serious question about meta data collection.

I have been baffled when I see to the left that suddenly more than 100 guests are on the site. They don't seem to post much, whoever they are.

I speculated that they were bots checking up on the spam bot posts, and it was all mindless based on the false promise at one time that this website would be fruitful to their interests.

I have no freaking idea what it might really be.

Do you?

It would help me understand the website better, and be appreciated.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

edited; Not for me to say.
Edited on 01-05-2022 07:06
01-05-2022 07:01
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(11757)
sealover wrote:A serious question about meta data collection.

Metadata is not collected. Data is collected. Metadata is generated.
01-05-2022 07:07
James_
★★★☆☆
(888)
IBdaMann wrote:
sealover wrote:A serious question about meta data collection.

Metadata is not collected. Data is collected. Metadata is generated.



And your right hand knows this how?
Cough it up Harvey, you know the answer.
RE: back to agriculture01-05-2022 07:29
sealover
★★★☆☆
(803)
back to agriculture

James, I'm about to post something on the "agroecosystem" thread you may find of interest.

You quite correctly said that agriculture began 10-12K years ago.

But only if the definition is restricted to field crop agriculture done by men.

"Men" being males rather than females.

Another kind of agriculture was being done by women in rainforests at least another 20K years before that.

Enjoy.
01-05-2022 10:47
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(18410)
sealover wrote:
Hello James

I hope that you know I am being sincere when I say that I like and respect you.

Less than two days ago I figured out who they were trying to insult with the "Bible troll" crap. Kind of despicable behavior, in my opinion.

A lie. You commented on that very thing when it first appeared.
sealover wrote:
A serious question about meta data collection.

No such thing. Meta data is not collected. It is generated. Do you even know what the term means? It is data about data, such as the title of a video, or the data a photo was taken, or a date when data was collected.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
01-05-2022 14:07
duncan61
★★★★☆
(1729)
You are one serious cat ITN
01-05-2022 16:46
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(4239)
James_ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
sealover wrote:A serious question about meta data collection.

Metadata is not collected. Data is collected. Metadata is generated.



And your right hand knows this how?
Cough it up Harvey, you know the answer.


Meta data is a description, usually for a document. For a website, it often contains what software and version was used to create it. Graphics, photos, videos have similar data saved in each file. Which people tend to not even know about, as the post them online. Cell phones, digital cameras include location, even GPS. A thief could surf social media, download these files, and possibly recover the location of some valuables. Like everything else, meta data can be useful, or exploited.

But, for websites, it important, since it gives information your browser needs to correctly display the site on your computer.
01-05-2022 18:43
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(11757)
HarveyH55 wrote:
James_ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
sealover wrote:A serious question about meta data collection.

Metadata is not collected. Data is collected. Metadata is generated.


And your right hand knows this how?
Cough it up Harvey, you know the answer.


Meta data is a description, usually for a document. For a website, it often contains what software and version was used to create it. Graphics, photos, videos have similar data saved in each file. Which people tend to not even know about, as the post them online. Cell phones, digital cameras include location, even GPS. A thief could surf social media, download these files, and possibly recover the location of some valuables. Like everything else, meta data can be useful, or exploited.

But, for websites, it important, since it gives information your browser needs to correctly display the site on your computer.

In simpler terms, metadata is data about data. Metadata is the data generated about other data that is gathered/collected/compiled and presented.

Metadata is certainly all of the things you mentioned, but the world of metadata is so much more vast than that. All businesses operating in the Cloud or over the internet collect data, and thus generate metadata about the data they collect. Whenever you do a Google search, the keywords you use are collected as data by Google, but they also automatically generate necessary metadata about the collected data, e.g. time, IP address, the number of milliseconds it took to perform the search, etc. The generated metadata is added in a markup language with some sort of metadata tags,.typically as key-value pairs, and applied to the collected data it describes.

You might have read in some of my posts that CO2 does not carry any metadata tags indicating whether it was produced by human activity or not.
02-05-2022 02:43
Im a BM
★★☆☆☆
(158)
Clearly, you have had multiple excellent communications with Branner.

And, clearly, you have many friends.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


IBdaMann wrote:
branner wrote:@All posters
Just keep writing about climate change, and stick to that

branner, you spend time on the Danish mirror site. Has anyone on that site ever defined the following:

1) The Global Climate
2) Climate Change
3) Global Warming
4) Greenhouse Effect
5) Climate Science

I have never seen any unambiguous definitions for these.

branner wrote: And no, I have NO PLANS of closing down or selling the site.

Would you consider listing it on airbnb for perhaps a weekly vacation rental?

.
02-05-2022 08:45
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(11757)
Im a BM wrote:
Clearly, you have had multiple excellent communications with Branner. And, clearly, you have many friends.

So I was wondering what a squeal over project would look like, ... you know, one in which you were in charge.

.
Attached image:

RE: "IBM is a know it all..." - Gretagroupie02-05-2022 23:01
Im a BM
★★☆☆☆
(158)
"IBM is a know it all..." - Gretagroupie

Sweet little Gretagroupie.

I miss her stories about sex with strangers.

Where did she go, anyway?

Apparently, she doesn't like know-it-all types.

Go figure.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GretaGroupie wrote:
branner wrote:
And no, I have NO PLANS of closing down or selling the site.

Holey Bazoley your real


Did you know sealover thought I was you but I did think Spongy was sealover once too so I guess we all make mistakes.

You are like the wizard of oz who made this place but nobody sees. IBM is a know it all but you must be a god on his smart person scale.

So please, please, please tell us if climate change is real because as the wizard you must know. I used to think it was real when I was with the prof but now I'm not sure.



AFTERTHOUGHT: I wathed the wizard of oz with the prof in costumes with me as the scarecrow and him as the lion. Ever see a lion hump a scarecrow? Just kidding I am still a backdoor vergin. My house moms made sure he stuck to the client rules when I moved in with him (SWAN in case your allshimers is acting up and you forgot again that means hand and oral only with a rain coat). He always wore one but I did not cause he liked the taste of my icky sticky (ewwww - gross). I tried wearing one once but it kept falling off. I do not think they make them that small.

Anywho I hope the wizard answers me.
RE: Don't sign up until you read for a while05-05-2022 19:32
sealover
★★★☆☆
(803)
Ceist wrote:
New posters beware!

This forum is almost completely neglected by it's owner and is virtually unmoderated, so it has become the last refuge of a small handful of hardcore science deniers and conspiracy theorists who exhibit strong signs of mental illness - including personality disorders, autism spectrum disorders, narcissistic irrational and delusional thinking, emotional dis-regulation, paranoia, pathological lying, and abusive sociopathic manipulative behavior.

They have probably been banned from other forums for their poor behavior just as much as for their trolling of utterly irrational scientifically illiterate crackpot ideas.

Post at your own risk.

D


If you got one of the flyers at the Whole Earth Festival, proceed with caution.

It may be tempting to sign up right away, but I hope that you will wait.

Take some time to learn first. Study what is going on here before jumping in.

There is plenty to be learned just by reading old posts for a time.

It is self evident who is who.

Science versus defiance.

Activism versus cynicism.

The search for solutions versus the denial of problems.

Sincerity versus sadism.

Reality versus... well, read for a while before you write anything.

With love,

sealover
05-05-2022 20:04
GasGuzzlerProfile picture★★★★★
(2431)
squeal over wrote:
The search for solutions versus the denial of problems,....

with love,

squeal over


You STILL refuse to define the problem, why it is a problem, and what is causig the problem. If you can't even show an understanding of what is causing the problem, why should anyone listen to you in regards to fixing it?

Love you too,

GasGuzzler.
Edited on 05-05-2022 20:05
06-05-2022 01:25
duncan61
★★★★☆
(1729)
I went looking for the problem and it did not exist.What do I get active about.I posted the NASA climate newsletter article about failing corn crops but it is easy to read between the lines and see it is all a big fat possibility but not a definite reality.Corn is growing very well.Everything is based on the future and this runaway warming that is not happening.The time line keeps moving further and further away.I have been doing this for 3 years and the latest thing I have noticed is that because of all the alarmists doomsday rhetoric young people are getting anxiety and dropping out of uni on the theory that by the time they get a degree the world will end so what's the point.Now the alarmists are softening their approach and going there is still hope.Nice work media.Sealover you never answer but I will try again.Are you contending that if atmospheric CO2 was averaging 350ppm there would be no bushfires?
06-05-2022 03:53
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(4239)
duncan61 wrote:
I went looking for the problem and it did not exist.What do I get active about.I posted the NASA climate newsletter article about failing corn crops but it is easy to read between the lines and see it is all a big fat possibility but not a definite reality.Corn is growing very well.Everything is based on the future and this runaway warming that is not happening.The time line keeps moving further and further away.I have been doing this for 3 years and the latest thing I have noticed is that because of all the alarmists doomsday rhetoric young people are getting anxiety and dropping out of uni on the theory that by the time they get a degree the world will end so what's the point.Now the alarmists are softening their approach and going there is still hope.Nice work media.Sealover you never answer but I will try again.Are you contending that if atmospheric CO2 was averaging 350ppm there would be no bushfires?


It's simple... Less CO2, means less plant growth, less brush to burn. But, corn is a plant, so there would be less food. But, we can reduce methane, by not feeding the corn to cattle and hogs for meat production. We simply need to dump anything of food value into a huge vat, then package it as Soylent Green. Governments could ration it out, as population control. Most people don't care what the government puts in their bodies anymore. Look at how many people the got to try the experimental vaccines, even though they weren't really working very well, or laat in more than a few months, before a booster is needed,
RE: a PM option for sharing information and asking questions.07-05-2022 09:13
sealover
★★★☆☆
(803)
a PM option for sharing information and asking questions.

Anyone can view any post without signing up as a site member.

If you choose to join, be conscious of what Ceist wrote here years ago.

One way to be sure that the information or question you share is seen by all would be to publicly post it on a related thread.

You will almost certainly get unwelcome feedback, perhaps ugly and even just vicious. A second disadvantage is that for anyone to look up your contribution, they would have to know where you posted it or find it under your name.

Another option would be to send the information or question you want to share to sealover's private message (PM).

Sealover can then publicly post your information/question, crediting you if you want, but posting it where anyone can find it in the list of sealover posts.

The title of the post that includes your contribution can be one that you designate for sealover to copy verbatum, or you can let sealover choose a title to help you and others know that it reflects your input and what it is about.

This way, someone can just look up the most recent posts under sealover and find it without having to sift through a bunch of troll posts of heckling, bullying, and consuming space with spam.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


sealover wrote:
Ceist wrote:
New posters beware!

This forum is almost completely neglected by it's owner and is virtually unmoderated, so it has become the last refuge of a small handful of hardcore science deniers and conspiracy theorists who exhibit strong signs of mental illness - including personality disorders, autism spectrum disorders, narcissistic irrational and delusional thinking, emotional dis-regulation, paranoia, pathological lying, and abusive sociopathic manipulative behavior.

They have probably been banned from other forums for their poor behavior just as much as for their trolling of utterly irrational scientifically illiterate crackpot ideas.

Post at your own risk.

D


If you got one of the flyers at the Whole Earth Festival, proceed with caution.

It may be tempting to sign up right away, but I hope that you will wait.

Take some time to learn first. Study what is going on here before jumping in.

There is plenty to be learned just by reading old posts for a time.

It is self evident who is who.

Science versus defiance.

Activism versus cynicism.

The search for solutions versus the denial of problems.

Sincerity versus sadism.

Reality versus... well, read for a while before you write anything.

With love,

sealover
07-05-2022 11:45
HarveyH55Profile picture★★★★★
(4239)
sealover wrote:
a PM option for sharing information and asking questions.

Anyone can view any post without signing up as a site member.

If you choose to join, be conscious of what Ceist wrote here years ago.

One way to be sure that the information or question you share is seen by all would be to publicly post it on a related thread.

You will almost certainly get unwelcome feedback, perhaps ugly and even just vicious. A second disadvantage is that for anyone to look up your contribution, they would have to know where you posted it or find it under your name.

Another option would be to send the information or question you want to share to sealover's private message (PM).

Sealover can then publicly post your information/question, crediting you if you want, but posting it where anyone can find it in the list of sealover posts.

The title of the post that includes your contribution can be one that you designate for sealover to copy verbatum, or you can let sealover choose a title to help you and others know that it reflects your input and what it is about.

This way, someone can just look up the most recent posts under sealover and find it without having to sift through a bunch of troll posts of heckling, bullying, and consuming space with spam.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


sealover wrote:
Ceist wrote:
New posters beware!

This forum is almost completely neglected by it's owner and is virtually unmoderated, so it has become the last refuge of a small handful of hardcore science deniers and conspiracy theorists who exhibit strong signs of mental illness - including personality disorders, autism spectrum disorders, narcissistic irrational and delusional thinking, emotional dis-regulation, paranoia, pathological lying, and abusive sociopathic manipulative behavior.

They have probably been banned from other forums for their poor behavior just as much as for their trolling of utterly irrational scientifically illiterate crackpot ideas.

Post at your own risk.

D


If you got one of the flyers at the Whole Earth Festival, proceed with caution.

It may be tempting to sign up right away, but I hope that you will wait.

Take some time to learn first. Study what is going on here before jumping in.

There is plenty to be learned just by reading old posts for a time.

It is self evident who is who.

Science versus defiance.

Activism versus cynicism.

The search for solutions versus the denial of problems.

Sincerity versus sadism.

Reality versus... well, read for a while before you write anything.

With love,

sealover


The 'library' idea was pathetic, since it doesn't exist. Just links to your posts, which still show the entire thread. The creepy-clown images, and everything else are still included in that link. You've already revealed you are a fraud, with your sock-puppet. So, you will be creating content, as if submitted through PM. There will be no one else but you, because it's just too pathetic. Anyone with a modest education would wonder why, an not bother. It's really silly, when you could simply set up your own website. Plenty of free hosting options, that wouldn't cost a dime. You can moderate as you please, ban all non-believers you want. No creepy-clowns allowed. But, you don't do anything simple, straightforward, or honest. Yo have to manipulate, not educate. It's about controlling people, not information. But, you are weak, and probably had to sneak around in the shadows all your life. You know nothing else.
RE: Looks like the newest member got banned12-05-2022 20:47
Im a BM
★★☆☆☆
(158)
IBdaMann wrote:
sealover wrote:"I don't think you need to intervene to ban anybody" - sealover

"I see no need for you to come in and act as moderator" - sealover

That's awfully large of you. Thank you.



A few days ago, the number of users on this website increased to 1601.

Two new bizarre threads were posted by the new member.

Both threads have since been removed, and the number of users went back down to 1600.

Maybe this was done automatically by a computer program.

Or maybe the site owner has been paying attention to what is happening here.
RE: just the ones with more than 10,000 posts15-05-2022 04:43
Im a BM
★★☆☆☆
(158)
Ceist wrote:
branner wrote:
Please note that personal attacks are not welcome on Climate-Debate.com. I know that the forum has not been moderated so much lately, but users have been banned before, and that could easily happen again.

Therefore: Stop talking about mental illnesses or calling each other names. Surface Detail had a good advice, which I would like to copy: "Stay calm, ignore the abuse, and stick to the science."

Please send me a Private Message if something needs my immediate attention.

And to the new users: Welcome to Climate-Debate.com. I'm fully aware that this can be a tough place, but I hope you will help pushing it in a good direction. I still hope to get more time to moderate soon.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
May 14, 2022 insertion into years old post:

My own communications with Jeppe Branner have been mainly about how I can help keep pushing it in a good direction.

So far, so good. And the site owner DOES care and DOES pay attention.

I fully understand how Ceist came to the underlying conclusion, years ago.

It is absolutely correct that "most visitors don't stay around for long - because of one particular poster... IBdaMann."

1600 people are "users". About 1590 of them don't want to be part of it now.

Ceist was absolutely correct about "2nd most active user is his little Internet sidekick - Into the Night."

However, if number of posts are the indicator of activity, sidekick has now taken the lead with something like 18000 posts, versus the cult leader's 12000.

Ceist was absolutely correct about how lack of adult supervision "allowed a narcissistic psychopathic sadistic troll to overrun it and make it his personal playground."

I will continue, as per Jeppe Branner's encouragement, to help keep pushing it in a good direction.

My only suggestion to Jeppe Branner would be to reconsider the policy of never banning a user without a thorough investigation to get both side's point of view in any conflict fair evaluation.

Without judgement, a simple new policy of term limits for posts.

Anyone who posts more than 10000 times had exceeded their term limit. Bye.

But if Jeppe Branner really need to give a fair hearing to both sides in a conflict,
there are 1590 on one side, and 2 on the other.

The following is what Ceist posted here, years ago.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Internet trolls are often narcissistic, psychopathic and sadistic:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/your-online-secrets/201409/internet-trolls-are-narcissists-psychopaths-and-sadists

The reason this forum won't be 'pushed in a good direction' and has become a complete joke, is that you've neglected it and allowed a narcissistic psychopathic sadistic troll to overrun it and make it his personal playground. Most visitors don't stay around for long -because of one particular poster.

Look at the most active user in the last year:

http://www.climate-debate.com/topusers.php

IBdaMann.

2nd most active user is his little internet side-kick - Into the Night.
15-05-2022 07:15
duncan61
★★★★☆
(1729)
Just ignore them its not hard to do.My concern was always is there any truth to the global warming claims and 3 years later it would take a lot of compelling evidence to get me to believe the planet is in climate trouble of any sort due to manmade emmisions,The planet is too big
RE: Would it be difficult to install an "ignore feature"?15-05-2022 08:18
Im a BM
★★☆☆☆
(158)
duncan61 wrote:
Just ignore them its not hard to do.My concern was always is there any truth to the global warming claims and 3 years later it would take a lot of compelling evidence to get me to believe the planet is in climate trouble of any sort due to manmade emmisions,The planet is too big



If Jeppe Branner were interested in my advice, one member alluded to something called an "ignore feature".

Nobody would be banned or censored in any way.

I tried to figure out if there were already such a feature on this website, and I can't find it.

Maybe I just don't know where to look.

Would it be technically difficult to install such a feature, if it isn't here already?

I don't know.

I DID express to the site owner my belief that no intervention was required regarding banning anyone or taking time to step in as moderator.

I'd love to know more about what an "ignore feature" is, and whether or not this is something that Branner Jeppe could easily install, if it isn't already here.

Personally, I'd love to have the option to easily avoid having to hear the noise.
Page 5 of 6<<<3456>





Join the debate New Posters beware!:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Eisenhower was right - beware us1316-10-2015 20:07
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact