Remember me
▼ Content

NET THERMAL RADIATION : You in a room as a reference.



Page 16 of 16<<<141516
11-08-2022 23:24
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(13292)
James_ wrote:Heat is usually the flow of electromagnetic radiation

Nope. Heat is always the flow of thermal energy, from one body of matter to another.

... which means heat is never photons or particles.

James_ wrote: I just checked. All heat is electromagnetic.

I just checked. You're being a moron.

All heat is a flow of thermal energy from one body of matter to another. Period.

You should be focusing on getting your Bessler wheel to not oscillate back and forth like a pendulum.

.
13-08-2022 02:35
James_
★★★★☆
(1177)
IBdaMann wrote:
James_ wrote:Heat is usually the flow of electromagnetic radiation

Nope. Heat is always the flow of thermal energy, from one body of matter to another.

... which means heat is never photons or particles.

James_ wrote: I just checked. All heat is electromagnetic.

I just checked. You're being a moron.

All heat is a flow of thermal energy from one body of matter to another. Period.

You should be focusing on getting your Bessler wheel to not oscillate back and forth like a pendulum.

.



And thermal energy is electromagnetic. With Bessler's Wheel, I got a lot of work done today. I'm making a lot of little parts. I need to make my own oil seals. Just not a lot of fun.
Since this room is a kindergarten for adults I'll explain it, okay? When electromotive radiation changes the kinetic energy of its environment, it is heat. Because it is either a photon or particle it will be moving. When it moves it is considered to be a flow.
You need to remember that photons have no rest mass while electrons and protons/neutrons do. And I think when they say "rest mass" they're referring to it moving in a mass spectrometer.
27-01-2023 02:12
kent5915
☆☆☆☆☆
(2)
point 1: Heat flows from hot to cold and from cold to hot. It is just that the net flow is always from hot to cold

point 2: Heat flows by
1)the exchange of kinematic energy (energy associated with molecules)
2) the exchange of radiation energy

when you sit in a room you exchange both energies with that room. Radiation is emitted by your body as blackbody radiation

And blackbody radiation in the room is absorbed by your body

Our understanding of radiation absorption is poor. This is due to errors made in part based upon infrared spectrometry

A prime example if one absorbing radiation is to stand in the Sun. The excess heat you feel versus sitting in the shade is the Sun's radiation (primarily in the visible spectrum). The light that reflects of of your body gives you color that you can see, while the light that is absorbed by your body is actually heating your body.
27-01-2023 04:04
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(20125)
James_ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
James_ wrote:Heat is usually the flow of electromagnetic radiation

Nope. Heat is always the flow of thermal energy, from one body of matter to another.

... which means heat is never photons or particles.

James_ wrote: I just checked. All heat is electromagnetic.

I just checked. You're being a moron.

All heat is a flow of thermal energy from one body of matter to another. Period.

You should be focusing on getting your Bessler wheel to not oscillate back and forth like a pendulum.

.



And thermal energy is electromagnetic.

Thermal energy is not electromagnetic energy. Redefinition fallacy.
James_ wrote:
With Bessler's Wheel, I got a lot of work done today. I'm making a lot of little parts. I need to make my own oil seals. Just not a lot of fun.

How many baby seals does it take to make one Bessler wheel?
James_ wrote:
Since this room is a kindergarten for adults I'll explain it, okay? When electromotive radiation changes the kinetic energy of its environment, it is heat.

There is no such thing as electromotive radiation.
James_ wrote:
Because it is either a photon or particle it will be moving.

Heat is not photons or particles.
James_ wrote:
When it moves it is considered to be a flow.

Heat is not photons or particles.
James_ wrote:
You need to remember that photons have no rest mass while electrons and protons/neutrons do.

Photons have mass.
James_ wrote:
And I think when they say "rest mass" they're referring to it moving in a mass spectrometer.

Not the definition of mass or rest mass.

Buzzword fallacies.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 27-01-2023 04:05
27-01-2023 04:21
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(20125)
kent5915 wrote:
point 1: Heat flows from hot to cold and from cold to hot. It is just that the net flow is always from hot to cold

Heat never flows from cold to hot. There is no such thing as 'net heat'. You are ignoring the 2nd law of thermodynamics again.
kent5915 wrote:
point 2: Heat flows by
1)the exchange of kinematic energy (energy associated with molecules)
2) the exchange of radiation energy

Nope. Heat is always the flow of thermal energy. Nothing else.
kent5915 wrote:
when you sit in a room you exchange both energies with that room. Radiation is emitted by your body as blackbody radiation

And blackbody radiation in the room is absorbed by your body

You cannot heat a warmer body using a colder one.
kent5915 wrote:
Our understanding of radiation absorption is poor. This is due to errors made in part based upon infrared spectrometry

Nothing to do with heat. Buzzword fallacy.
kent5915 wrote:
A prime example if one absorbing radiation is to stand in the Sun. The excess heat

Define 'excess heat'.
kent5915 wrote:
you feel versus sitting in the shade is the Sun's radiation (primarily in the visible spectrum).

Visible light does not convert to thermal energy upon absorption.
kent5915 wrote:
The light that reflects of of your body gives you color that you can see, while the light that is absorbed by your body is actually heating your body.

Visible light does not convert to thermal energy upon absorption.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Page 16 of 16<<<141516





Join the debate NET THERMAL RADIATION : You in a room as a reference.:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Under Dorsey the FBI literally determined everything that Twitter was allowed to put on the net303-01-2023 19:25
Net Metering710-12-2020 14:37
https://www.waclimate.net/perth-sea-levels.html627-11-2020 01:24
Confirmed: Convection is a Factor in Thermal Energy Flow728-06-2020 04:12
thermal radiation and EM radiation901-03-2020 23:36
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact