Remember me
▼ Content

NET THERMAL RADIATION : You in a room as a reference.



Page 15 of 16<<<13141516>
07-08-2022 22:25
James_
★★★★☆
(1189)
IBdaMann wrote:
duncan61 wrote:The flow of thermal energy can be slowed

If you don't slow it with insulation, how quickly does thermal energy normally go from zero to sixty?

If you can slow thermal energy, can you also make it go faster, right?

I bet electricity works the same way. If you add resistors, it slows the electricity, right? ... and if you blow on it, I bet the electricity goes faster.

duncan, I take back everything I said about you. You truly are a genius. I don't know why I didn't realize it sooner.

I guess I really shouldn't judge any man until I've been bent over the same furniture.



Are you that moronic? If you take 2 different wires 3mm in diameter and run the same current through them, you can get 2 different flow rates of radiation.
If 1 of the wires has a coating around it that is aluminum so its core is 2.5mm in diameter of copper and .5mm diameter of aluminum, the aluminum coated wire will be cooler because it will be releasing the heat of the current passing through the wire much more quickly.
I thought everybody knew that it's difficult to weld aluminum because of how quickly it gets rid of heat. And this means that the frequency it radiates heat at allow for heat to travel faster.
While I don't want to ask this question, do you and dehammer go to the same church?
Edited on 07-08-2022 22:27
08-08-2022 03:53
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(13337)
James_ wrote: Are you that moronic?

Sure, I guess.

James_ wrote: If you take 2 different wires 3mm in diameter and run the same current through them, you can get 2 different flow rates of radiation.

Are you conflating electricity with radiation?

Are you claiming that photons from different wires travel at different speeds?

James_ wrote:the aluminum coated wire will be cooler because it will be releasing the heat of the current passing through the wire much more quickly.

There's no trapped heat for it to release. Heat cannot be trapped and thus can never be released.

By the way, higher temperatures, not lower, result in greater heat.

James_ wrote: I thought everybody knew that it's difficult to weld aluminum because of how quickly it gets rid of heat.

I thought everybody knew that it's difficult to weld aluminum because of the physical properties of aluminum.

James_ wrote:And this means that the frequency it radiates heat at allow for heat to travel faster.

Heat is not radiated. Heat does not have a frequency. Heat does not have a velocity and therefore does not have an upper limit to its velocity that can somehow be "allowed" to be increased.

By the way, I thought it was the Van Allen belt that allowed for increased heat speed energy power velocity frequency radiativity emission travel. Did I misunderstand?

James_ wrote: While I don't want to ask this question, do you and dehammer go to the same church?

I religiously attend the church of UML and DeHammer won't go anywhere near it. He considers it sacrilege.

.
08-08-2022 04:50
James_
★★★★☆
(1189)
IBdaMann wrote:
James_ wrote: Are you that moronic?

Sure, I guess.

James_ wrote: If you take 2 different wires 3mm in diameter and run the same current through them, you can get 2 different flow rates of radiation.

Are you conflating electricity with radiation?

Are you claiming that photons from different wires travel at different speeds?

James_ wrote:the aluminum coated wire will be cooler because it will be releasing the heat of the current passing through the wire much more quickly.

There's no trapped heat for it to release. Heat cannot be trapped and thus can never be released.

By the way, higher temperatures, not lower, result in greater heat.

James_ wrote: I thought everybody knew that it's difficult to weld aluminum because of how quickly it gets rid of heat.

I thought everybody knew that it's difficult to weld aluminum because of the physical properties of aluminum.

James_ wrote:And this means that the frequency it radiates heat at allow for heat to travel faster.

Heat is not radiated. Heat does not have a frequency. Heat does not have a velocity and therefore does not have an upper limit to its velocity that can somehow be "allowed" to be increased.

By the way, I thought it was the Van Allen belt that allowed for increased heat speed energy power velocity frequency radiativity emission travel. Did I misunderstand?

James_ wrote: While I don't want to ask this question, do you and dehammer go to the same church?

I religiously attend the church of UML and DeHammer won't go anywhere near it. He considers it sacrilege.

.


I thought there was hope for you.
Are you conflating electricity with radiation?

Are you claiming that photons from different wires travel at different speeds?


The amplitude of their emissivity changes. That is so clever of you to say the velocity of the photon and not its wavelength changes. E = hv and you wanted to change v.
When aluminum changes h then the emissivity of the copper wire is changed according to Max Planck's work in black body radiation. Do you take me for a fool to not know this difference in basic science?
You are either a complete moron or just an idiot playing games. I think these guys here know that the emissivity of black body varies. And if it doesn't contain heat then its internal element will need to have an equal butt opposite effect.
Ape parently these monkeys know this, why knot ewe? Baaa!!!
08-08-2022 14:33
duncan61
★★★★★
(2014)
IBDm wrote
Heat is not radiated. Heat does not have a frequency. Heat does not have a velocity and therefore does not have an upper limit to its velocity that can somehow be "allowed" to be increased.

If it is not radiated what does it do?
08-08-2022 14:54
duncan61
★★★★★
(2014)
Its winter and we have the gas convection heater on.If I turn the fan from 1-3 it gets hotter.Please explain?
08-08-2022 16:15
duncan61
★★★★★
(2014)
If you need to check how fast heat can go get behind a jet fighter at start up
08-08-2022 17:40
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2689)
duncan61 wrote:
Its winter and we have the gas convection heater on.If I turn the fan from 1-3 it gets hotter.Please explain?

You are conflating warm or hot with heat. Not the same thing.
Heat is the flow of thermal energy. Warmer or hotter is a relative term.


Computer science made this page possible, whether you do not believe in science or not.- Swan
08-08-2022 19:44
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(13337)
duncan61 wrote:If you need to check how fast heat can go get behind a jet fighter at start up

So heat is air? That's silly.

I thought you said that heat can only go up. You never did explain that, or the results of the frying pan demonstration.

.
08-08-2022 19:48
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(13337)
duncan61 wrote:
IBDm wrote
Heat is not radiated. Heat does not have a frequency. Heat does not have a velocity and therefore does not have an upper limit to its velocity that can somehow be "allowed" to be increased.

If it is not radiated what does it do?

Are you unable to read the posts in this forum?

Does water in a river "radiate"?

You have got to be extremely stupid to insist on not even learning the words that are used by the people trying to help you.

.
08-08-2022 19:49
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(13337)
duncan61 wrote:Its winter and we have the gas convection heater on.If I turn the fan from 1-3 it gets hotter.Please explain?

Tell me what parts you don't understand.

.
08-08-2022 23:39
duncan61
★★★★★
(2014)
IBdaMann wrote:
[quote]duncan61 wrote:If you need to check how fast heat can go get behind a jet fighter at start up

So heat is air? That's silly.

I thought you said that heat can only go up. You never did explain that, or the results of the frying pan demonstration.

.[/quote/

Its cold here and I have a outdoor gas heater.It has a aluminium ring around the top and it radiates the heat generated by the gas burner down so it does not all go straight up.It works well.On full flow the gas ring makes the outer mesh glow red and that is when it is doing the most work and at its warmest.At half it is a lot less warm but the cylinder lasts a lot longer.All the heat generated goes up eventually.The hot air from the jet engine is being forced out.It goes up eventually as well


duncan61
Edited on 08-08-2022 23:43
08-08-2022 23:55
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(13337)
duncan61 wrote:Its cold here and I have a outdoor gas heater.

It's very kind of you to heat up the outdoors.

duncan61 wrote:It has a aluminium ring around the top and it radiates the heat

Nope. It absolutely does not do that.

I'd be willing to believe that it radiates infrared electromagnetic energy, and that it conducts thermal energy, but no, there is no heat radiated because heat is not radiated.

This is where you insist that your incorrect gibber-babble is exactly the same thing as what I wrote ... and then I mock you. So, get to it. Insist away.

duncan61 wrote:generated by the gas burner down so it does not all go straight up.

The frying pan demonstration ... how did it go? Please make sure to capture it on video.

duncan61 wrote:All the heat generated goes up eventually.

You insist this based on not knowing what heat is. Of course, you know that you are babbling absurdities. That's why you don't place a searing hot frying pan on top of your head before a crowd of people capturing your folly on video. You know that heat flows in all directions equally.

.
09-08-2022 03:29
duncan61
★★★★★
(2014)
The jet engines on passenger planes would melt the runway if heat travelled in all directions.The convection from the frypan is going up.It would conduct heat to anything that touches the bottom.My buddy comes over to watch the footy and we sit out the back till it starts.He was cold so I turned on the heater.I was surprised how it was cooler above the unit.Where I have it there are grape vines and fishing line a foot above but it did not melt them
09-08-2022 03:32
duncan61
★★★★★
(2014)
IBDm wrote
Nope. It absolutely does not do that.

I'd be willing to believe that it radiates infrared electromagnetic energy, and that it conducts thermal energy, but no, there is no heat radiated because heat is not radiated.

At least you accept it is happening
09-08-2022 03:51
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(13337)
duncan61 wrote:At least you accept it is happening

This is a totally dishonest, and asinine comment.

There is no "it" that you are claiming that I acknowledge. You haven't been able to articulate anything that is correct. You regurgitate egregious errors that you are told to preach by the people who do your thinking for you. You claim that heat only rises, and that it doesn't travel in all directions equally, but you won't put a searing frying pan on top of your head because you know that you are a lying fuqq'r who just wants to be an ashsole.

So no, I do not "acknowledge" either that gravity causes temperature to increase, that heat can be trapped or that heat can be slowed. It would be a shock if you were to stop babbling for a moment and actually say something correct, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

.
09-08-2022 10:16
duncan61
★★★★★
(2014)
Heat is thermal energy.You have to bring the nasty because you are cornered.I discussed this with my daughter while in the car together this morning and she confirmed that putting the frypan directly on my head would be conduction.You acknowledged
I'd be willing to believe that it radiates infrared electromagnetic energy, and that it conducts thermal energy, but no, there is no heat radiated because heat is not radiated.
Central heating has radiators.How does it make the room warmer?
What does the radiator in a car do.I will have a go.After the thermostat opens coolant enters the radiator which has fins to increase the surface area to remove excess heat by.Insert word here please
09-08-2022 20:32
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(20153)
James_ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
duncan61 wrote:The flow of thermal energy can be slowed

If you don't slow it with insulation, how quickly does thermal energy normally go from zero to sixty?

If you can slow thermal energy, can you also make it go faster, right?

I bet electricity works the same way. If you add resistors, it slows the electricity, right? ... and if you blow on it, I bet the electricity goes faster.

duncan, I take back everything I said about you. You truly are a genius. I don't know why I didn't realize it sooner.

I guess I really shouldn't judge any man until I've been bent over the same furniture.



Are you that moronic? If you take 2 different wires 3mm in diameter and run the same current through them, you can get 2 different flow rates of radiation.

Current isn't radiance.
James_ wrote:
If 1 of the wires has a coating around it that is aluminum so its core is 2.5mm in diameter of copper and .5mm diameter of aluminum, the aluminum coated wire will be cooler because it will be releasing the heat of the current passing through the wire much more quickly.

Heat is not contained in anything. It is not 'releasable'.
James_ wrote:
I thought everybody knew that it's difficult to weld aluminum because of how quickly it gets rid of heat.

It's easy to weld aluminum. The only trick is that it happens at such a low temperature you don't see it glow before it melts. Heat is not contained in anything.
James_ wrote:
And this means that the frequency it radiates heat at allow for heat to travel faster.

Frequency is not speed.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
09-08-2022 20:37
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(20153)
James_ wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
James_ wrote: Are you that moronic?

Sure, I guess.

James_ wrote: If you take 2 different wires 3mm in diameter and run the same current through them, you can get 2 different flow rates of radiation.

Are you conflating electricity with radiation?

Are you claiming that photons from different wires travel at different speeds?

James_ wrote:the aluminum coated wire will be cooler because it will be releasing the heat of the current passing through the wire much more quickly.

There's no trapped heat for it to release. Heat cannot be trapped and thus can never be released.

By the way, higher temperatures, not lower, result in greater heat.

James_ wrote: I thought everybody knew that it's difficult to weld aluminum because of how quickly it gets rid of heat.

I thought everybody knew that it's difficult to weld aluminum because of the physical properties of aluminum.

It's not difficult to weld aluminum.
James_ wrote:
James_ wrote:And this means that the frequency it radiates heat at allow for heat to travel faster.

Heat is not radiated. Heat does not have a frequency. Heat does not have a velocity and therefore does not have an upper limit to its velocity that can somehow be "allowed" to be increased.

By the way, I thought it was the Van Allen belt that allowed for increased heat speed energy power velocity frequency radiativity emission travel. Did I misunderstand?

James_ wrote: While I don't want to ask this question, do you and dehammer go to the same church?

I religiously attend the church of UML and DeHammer won't go anywhere near it. He considers it sacrilege.

.


I thought there was hope for you.
Are you conflating electricity with radiation?

Are you claiming that photons from different wires travel at different speeds?


The amplitude of their emissivity changes.

Emissivity is not amplitude.
James_ wrote:
That is so clever of you to say the velocity of the photon and not its wavelength changes. E = hv and you wanted to change v.

Frequency is not speed.
James_ wrote:
When aluminum changes h

Aluminum doesn't change.
James_ wrote:
then the emissivity of the copper wire is changed

Aluminum is not copper.
James_ wrote:
according to Max Planck's work in black body radiation.

No such work. Word stuffing.
James_ wrote:
Do you take me for a fool to not know this difference in basic science?

Not science. Redefinition fallacy.
James_ wrote:
You are either a complete moron or just an idiot playing games. I think these guys here know that the emissivity of black body varies.

Not a variable. A measured constant.
James_ wrote:
And if it doesn't contain heat then its internal element will need to have an equal butt opposite effect.

Heat is not contained in anything.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
09-08-2022 20:38
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(20153)
duncan61 wrote:
IBDm wrote
Heat is not radiated. Heat does not have a frequency. Heat does not have a velocity and therefore does not have an upper limit to its velocity that can somehow be "allowed" to be increased.

If it is not radiated what does it do?

Heat is not contained in anything.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
09-08-2022 20:40
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(20153)
duncan61 wrote:
Its winter and we have the gas convection heater on.If I turn the fan from 1-3 it gets hotter.Please explain?


What's to explain? You don't understand what moving hot air does?


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
09-08-2022 20:41
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(20153)
duncan61 wrote:
If you need to check how fast heat can go get behind a jet fighter at start up

Heat has no speed.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
09-08-2022 22:57
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(20153)
duncan61 wrote:
Heat is thermal energy.

Heat is not thermal energy.
duncan61 wrote:You have to bring the nasty because you are cornered.I discussed this with my daughter while in the car together this morning and she confirmed that putting the frypan directly on my head would be conduction.You acknowledged
I'd be willing to believe that it radiates infrared electromagnetic energy, and that it conducts thermal energy, but no, there is no heat radiated because heat is not radiated.

One for form of heat is by radiance.
duncan61 wrote:
Central heating has radiators.How does it make the room warmer?

Conduction.
duncan61 wrote:
What does the radiator in a car do.

Conduction.
duncan61 wrote:
I will have a go.After the thermostat opens coolant enters the radiator which has fins to increase the surface area to remove excess heat

There is no such thing as 'excess' heat. There is never too much heat.
duncan61 wrote:
by.Insert word here please

How about 'confused'?


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
10-08-2022 00:30
duncan61
★★★★★
(2014)
ITN wrote
There is no such thing as 'excess' heat. There is never too much heat.

If an ICE engine gets to hot it will seize as the aluminium pistons will over expand the steel liners or cast Iron block
The radiator in a car maintains the operating temperature by convection
If the copper pipe I weld gets to hot it melts
I have welded aluminium with MIG and stick and it does not change colour.It melts around 660.C and when mig welding you need full protection it is a very bright process.Stick welding is not as bright but you have to be very careful as it will just suddenly melt with no warning and a big blob will fall on the floor.To do filler rod well all the material has to be polished clean.MIG welding you can get away with a bit of oxidising.
I had a 1968 B25 BSA motorcycle and it was fitted with a zener diode to release excess electricity being created by the alternator when you are running around with no lights on.It was screwed in to an aluminium heat sink that was mounted on the front forks below the headlight.The sink was about the size of your palm and had fins to increase surface area.There are many was of dealing with excess heat
Convection is the transfer of heat by the movement of a fluid (liquid or gas) between areas of different temperature.
Where I copied and pasted this from was a picture example of a pot of water on an electric element.Simple stuff
.The pot on the element is heated by conduction
.The water boiling is convection
.If the pot is lifted from the element it is radiation
.Is radiation not energy being radiated? I genuinely would like to know
Edited on 10-08-2022 00:51
10-08-2022 04:45
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(13337)
duncan61 posted random trivia as a distraction:
If an ICE engine gets to hot it will seize as the aluminium pistons will over expand the steel liners or cast Iron block

The radiator in a car maintains the operating temperature by convection

If the copper pipe I weld gets to hot it melts

I have welded aluminium with MIG and stick and it does not change colour.It melts around 660.C and when mig welding you need full protection it is a very bright process.

Stick welding is not as bright but you have to be very careful as it will just suddenly melt with no warning and a big blob will fall on the floor.

To do filler rod well all the material has to be polished clean.MIG welding you can get away with a bit of oxidising.

I had a 1968 B25 BSA motorcycle and it was fitted with a zener diode to release excess electricity being created by the alternator when you are running around with no lights on. It was screwed in to an aluminium heat sink that was mounted on the front forks below the headlight.

The sink was about the size of your palm and had fins to increase surface area.

Thank you duncan. That's some legitimately garden variety trivia there. Good job.

duncan61 wrote: There are many was of dealing with excess heat

There is no such thing as excess heat. You just don't know what heat is. You take pride in being a scientifically illiterate moron.

duncan61 wrote:Convection is the transfer of heat by the movement of a fluid (liquid or gas) between areas of different temperature.

You don't know what heat is. Heat is not transferred in convection.

By the way, heat only occurs between bodies/matter of different temperatures.
You never have to specify differing temperatures. If two temperatures are the same then there is no heat from either one to the other.

duncan61 wrote:Where I copied and pasted this from was a picture example of a pot of water on an electric element.

Why do you mindlessly copy-paste and/or regurgitate what you are ordered to believe by people who do your thinking for you?

duncan61 wrote:The water boiling is convection.

Nope. Convection occurs in boiling water, but water is water and its temperature is its temperature. Neither water nor its temperature is convection.

duncan61 wrote: If the pot is lifted from the element it is radiation

That word "it" ... you need to explain it. What is "it"? Are you saying that the pot's upward momentum is radiation? Are you saying that its potential energy is radiation? You are gibbering in an attempt to sound "thmart" but you are coming across as a moron who is gibbering.

duncan61 wrote: Is radiation not energy being radiated?

Stupid question. In fact, I think all of your questions are stupid, if I'm not mistaken.

You were mocked for referring to heat as radiating when heat does not radiate. Now you are asking a totally different question, trying to make it appear that you are referring to energy as radiating, not heat.

Again, you don't know what heat is ... because you take immense pride in being a moron who is too stupid to learn, and as a result you say stupid things and end up asking stupid questions, which are pointless since you have no intention of learning anything anyway.

Heat does not radiate. Yes, radiation radiates. You are an idiot for being an adult who needs to have this explained to him ... and who is nonetheless too stupid to understand even this simple explanation.

So, instead of bothering trying to learn anything, just explain the following:

1. Since no place on earth reaches the moon's daytime temperature (which has less gravity and effectively no atmosphere), refresh my memory, how does earth's gravity increase temperature?
2. How did your frying pan demonstration go? Did you WOW! the audience? Did you capture it on video? Remember, heat only rises and does not travel in all directions equally, as you insist.
3. How do I calculate the amount of excess heat in a body of matter? Suppose there is a 3Kg cube of metal in a hot room, where everything is 55C, to include the walls, floor, cabinets, ... everything. How do I compute the partial excess heat of the metal cube?

Yes, you are a moron, and a totally dishonest one at that.

duncan61 wrote:I genuinely would like to know

Who do you imagine is going to believe you? You aren't interested in learning anything. You take great pride in being as stupid as fuqq.

.
10-08-2022 09:47
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(20153)
duncan61 wrote:
ITN wrote
There is no such thing as 'excess' heat. There is never too much heat.

If an ICE engine gets to hot it will seize as the aluminium pistons will over expand the steel liners or cast Iron block

So increase the heat.
duncan61 wrote:
The radiator in a car maintains the operating temperature by convection

Nope. By conduction.
duncan61 wrote:
If the copper pipe I weld gets to hot it melts

Don't heat is so much.
duncan61 wrote:
I have welded aluminium with MIG and stick and it does not change colour.It melts around 660.C and when mig welding you need full protection it is a very bright process.Stick welding is not as bright but you have to be very careful as it will just suddenly melt with no warning and a big blob will fall on the floor.To do filler rod well all the material has to be polished clean.MIG welding you can get away with a bit of oxidising.

Guess you are unaware that there is no difference in the danger between stick welding and MIG welding.

Illiteracy: Sentences are separated by at least one space. MIG is an acronym, not a word. It is always fully capitalized.
duncan61 wrote:
I had a 1968 B25 BSA motorcycle and it was fitted with a zener diode to release excess electricity being created by the alternator when you are running around with no lights on.

You don't release electricity.
duncan61 wrote:
It was screwed in to an aluminium heat sink that was mounted on the front forks below the headlight.The sink was about the size of your palm and had fins to increase surface area.There are many was of dealing with excess heat

The purpose of the heat sink is to increase heat.
duncan61 wrote:
Convection is the transfer of heat by the movement of a fluid (liquid or gas) between areas of different temperature.

Heat doesn't transfer.
duncan61 wrote:
Where I copied and pasted this from was a picture example of a pot of water on an electric element.Simple stuff

Apparently not for you.
duncan61 wrote:
.The pot on the element is heated by conduction

Okay.
duncan61 wrote:
.The water boiling is convection

No. It is a state change.
duncan61 wrote:
.If the pot is lifted from the element it is radiation

Radiation is not mechanical energy.
duncan61 wrote:
.Is radiation not energy being radiated? I genuinely would like to know

No. It isn't heat either.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
10-08-2022 11:18
duncan61
★★★★★
(2014)
The heat sink of aluminium on the zener diode is to remove the heat the zener diode creates.If it was not in a heat sink it would get very hot
ITN wrote
There is no such thing as 'excess' heat. There is never too much heat.

If an ICE engine gets to hot it will seize as the aluminium pistons will over expand the steel liners or cast Iron block

So increase the heat.
How does that stop the engine boiling over?

duncan61 wrote:
I have welded aluminium with MIG and stick and it does not change colour.It melts around 660.C and when mig welding you need full protection it is a very bright process.Stick welding is not as bright but you have to be very careful as it will just suddenly melt with no warning and a big blob will fall on the floor.To do filler rod well all the material has to be polished clean.MIG welding you can get away with a bit of oxidising.

Guess you are unaware that there is no difference in the danger between stick welding and MIG welding.

Illiteracy: Sentences are separated by at least one space. MIG is an acronym, not a word. It is always fully capitalized.

I did capitalise MIG. Working with a flame and filler rod is a lot different than being in a cubicle in full leather and face plate MIG welding

You both referred to the lifting of the pot off the element as radiation. Lifting the pot is mechanical action however the hot electric element is still radiating heat. You can feel it above the element but it does not melt the top it is sitting on.If you put your hand to the side there is bugger all heat.My family and I have just done it while Tamara was making jam in a steel bucket.The handle on the bucket gets hot as it is all steel.She uses the bucket as it comes as a combo with the strainer and other tools for doing this task. Pacific island nation are famous for there Hungis where they make a fire and put river rocks on the fire when the fire has burned down the rocks are rolled away and a hole dug then the rocks put in the hole and whatever food is prepared and put on the rocks and the hole filled in with the hot sand. All the food is slow cooked by the heat retained in the rocks and sand.I have been to many. How does this stack up in your physics world
Edited on 10-08-2022 11:23
10-08-2022 14:24
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(13337)
duncan61 wrote:The heat sink of aluminium on the zener diode is to remove the heat

It's there to increase heat.

Learn what heat is, moron. You really do say stupid things.

duncan61 wrote:How does that stop the engine boiling over?

Stupid question. The answer is "Learn what heat is and it becomes obvious. Don't learn what it is and be the only one asking really stupid questions."


duncan61 wrote:You both referred to the lifting of the pot off the element as radiation.

Now you are misrepresenting my position. Go back and try to read what I wrote.

duncan61 wrote:... the hot electric element is still radiating heat.

Nope. It's not radiating heat. Heat is not radiated.

It's amazing the simplicity of the things you are too stupid to learn.

Try again. What is being radiated? Hint: it is not heat.

duncan61 wrote:You can feel it above the element

The focus is what word you should be using in place of "it".
10-08-2022 18:28
duncan61
★★★★★
(2014)
Nope. It's not radiating heat. Heat is not radiated.

It's amazing the simplicity of the things you are too stupid to learn.

Try again. What is being radiated? Hint: it is not heat.
What is the heat I can feel coming off the element or gas burner if it is not heat?
10-08-2022 18:36
duncan61
★★★★★
(2014)
Relation to heat and internal energy
In thermodynamics, heat is energy transferred to or from a thermodynamic system by mechanisms other than thermodynamic work or transfer of matter.[1][2][3] Heat refers to a quantity transferred between systems, not to a property of any one system, or "contained" within it.[4] On the other hand, internal energy and enthalpy are properties of a single system. Heat and work depend on the way in which an energy transfer occurred, whereas internal energy is a property of the state of a system and can thus be understood without knowing how the energy got there.

In a statistical mechanical account of an ideal gas, in which the molecules move independently between instantaneous collisions, the internal energy is the sum total of the gas's independent particles' kinetic energies, and it is this kinetic motion that is the source and the effect of the transfer of heat across a system's boundary. For a gas that does not have particle interactions except for instantaneous collisions, the term "thermal energy" is effectively synonymous with "internal energy". In many statistical physics texts, "thermal energy" refers to {\displaystyle kT}kT, the product of the Boltzmann constant and the absolute temperature, also written as {\displaystyle k_{\text{B}}T}{\displaystyle k_{\text{B}}T}.[5][6][7][8][9] In a material, especially in condensed matter, such as a liquid or a solid, in which the constituent particles, such as molecules or ions, interact strongly with one another, the energies of such interactions contribute strongly to the internal energy of the body, but are not simply apparent in the temperature.

The term "thermal energy" is also applied to the energy carried by a heat flow,[10] although this can also simply be called heat or quantity of heat.

Historical context
In an 1847 lecture titled "On Matter, Living Force, and Heat", James Prescott Joule characterised various terms that are closely related to thermal energy and heat. He identified the terms latent heat and sensible heat as forms of heat each affecting distinct physical phenomena, namely the potential and kinetic energy of particles, respectively.[11] He described latent energy as the energy of interaction in a given configuration of particles, i.e. a form of potential energy, and the sensible heat as an energy affecting temperature measured by the thermometer due to the thermal energy, which he called the living force.

Useless thermal energy
If the minimum temperature of a system's environment is {\displaystyle T_{\text{e}}}{\displaystyle T_{\text{e}}} and the system's entropy is {\displaystyle S}S, then a part of the system's internal energy amounting to {\displaystyle S\cdot T_{\text{e}}}{\displaystyle S\cdot T_{\text{e}}} cannot be converted into useful work. This is the difference between the internal energy and the Helmholtz free energy.
I guess this is all wrong
10-08-2022 20:09
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(20153)
duncan61 wrote:
The heat sink of aluminium on the zener diode is to remove the heat the zener diode creates.If it was not in a heat sink it would get very hot

Heat has no temperature. Zener diodes do not contain heat.
duncan61 wrote:
ITN wrote
There is no such thing as 'excess' heat. There is never too much heat.

If an ICE engine gets to hot it will seize as the aluminium pistons will over expand the steel liners or cast Iron block

So increase the heat.
How does that stop the engine boiling over?

By increasing the heat.
duncan61 wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
I have welded aluminium with MIG and stick and it does not change colour.It melts around 660.C and when mig welding you need full protection it is a very bright process.Stick welding is not as bright but you have to be very careful as it will just suddenly melt with no warning and a big blob will fall on the floor.To do filler rod well all the material has to be polished clean.MIG welding you can get away with a bit of oxidising.

Guess you are unaware that there is no difference in the danger between stick welding and MIG welding.

Illiteracy: Sentences are separated by at least one space. MIG is an acronym, not a word. It is always fully capitalized.

I did capitalise MIG. Working with a flame and filler rod is a lot different than being in a cubicle in full leather and face plate MIG welding

No, you didn't. You also don't understand what stick welding is.
duncan61 wrote:
You both referred to the lifting of the pot off the element as radiation.

Word stuffing. I never said any such thing.
duncan61 wrote:
Lifting the pot is mechanical action however the hot electric element is still radiating heat.

Which has nothing to do with any pot.
duncan61 wrote:
You can feel it above the element but it does not melt the top it is sitting on.

I assume you mean the stove top. Why should it? The element doesn't get that hot.
duncan61 wrote:
If you put your hand to the side there is bugger all heat.

Hands are not heat.
duncan61 wrote:
My family and I have just done it while Tamara was making jam in a steel bucket.The handle on the bucket gets hot as it is all steel.She uses the bucket as it comes as a combo with the strainer and other tools for doing this task. Pacific island nation are famous for there Hungis where they make a fire and put river rocks on the fire when the fire has burned down the rocks are rolled away and a hole dug then the rocks put in the hole and whatever food is prepared and put on the rocks and the hole filled in with the hot sand. All the food is slow cooked by the heat retained in the rocks and sand.I have been to many. How does this stack up in your physics world

It's called 'cooking'.

Illiteracy:
Sentences are separated by at least one space. Wrong form of 'their'. Run-on paragraphs. Use of possessive for third party. Questions end with a question mark.

Science errors:
Heat is not thermal energy. Heat has no temperature. Heat is the flow of thermal energy. Discard of the 0th and 2nd laws of thermal dynamics.

Logic errors:
Redefinition fallacy (thermal energy<->heat, total<->average). Attempted proof by strawman.
Attempted proof by contrivance. Pivot fallacies.

Math errors:
Use of average as sum. Use of singular as rate. Use of comparative as singular. Use of singular as infinity.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
10-08-2022 20:10
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(20153)
duncan61 wrote:
Nope. It's not radiating heat. Heat is not radiated.

It's amazing the simplicity of the things you are too stupid to learn.

Try again. What is being radiated? Hint: it is not heat.
What is the heat I can feel coming off the element or gas burner if it is not heat?

Void question (question itself is a paradox). Ignored.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
10-08-2022 20:35
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(20153)
And now for some mindless cut and paste without understanding what he is cutting and pasting...
duncan61 wrote:
Relation to heat and internal energy
In thermodynamics, heat is energy transferred to or from a thermodynamic system by mechanisms other than thermodynamic work or transfer of matter.

There is no such thing as 'thermodynamics work'. Transferring matter might or might not involve putting work into it.
duncan61 wrote:
[1][2][3] Heat refers to a quantity transferred between systems, not to a property of any one system, or "contained" within it.

Heat is not transferable.
duncan61 wrote:
[4] On the other hand, internal energy and enthalpy are properties of a single system. Heat and work depend on the way in which an energy transfer occurred, whereas internal energy is a property of the state of a system and can thus be understood without knowing how the energy got there.

Not talking about heat.
duncan61 wrote:
In a statistical mechanical account of an ideal gas, in which the molecules move independently between instantaneous collisions, the internal energy is the sum total of the gas's independent particles' kinetic energies, and it is this kinetic motion that is the source and the effect of the transfer of heat across a system's boundary.

Heat is not transferable.
duncan61 wrote:
For a gas that does not have particle interactions except for instantaneous collisions, the term "thermal energy" is effectively synonymous with "internal energy".

Gas can have energy beyond thermal energy. It also has chemical energy, mechanical energy, and electromagnetic energy
duncan61 wrote:
In many statistical physics texts,

Science isn't statistics. No such text. Do not confuse math with science.
duncan61 wrote:
"thermal energy" refers to {\displaystyle kT}kT, the product of the Boltzmann constant and the absolute temperature, also written as {\displaystyle k_{\text{B}}T}{\displaystyle k_{\text{B}}T}.

Temperature is not total thermal energy. You are ignoring the 0th law of thermodynamics again.
duncan61 wrote:
[5][6][7][8][9] In a material, especially in condensed matter, such as a liquid or a solid, in which the constituent particles, such as molecules or ions, interact strongly with one another, the energies of such interactions contribute strongly to the internal energy of the body, but are not simply apparent in the temperature.

So?
duncan61 wrote:
The term "thermal energy" is also applied to the energy carried by a heat flow,

Thermal energy is not heat.
duncan61 wrote:
[10] although this can also simply be called heat or quantity of heat.

Heat is not contained in anything.
duncan61 wrote:
Historical context
In an 1847 lecture titled "On Matter, Living Force, and Heat", James Prescott Joule characterised various terms that are closely related to thermal energy and heat. He identified the terms latent heat and sensible heat as forms of heat each affecting distinct physical phenomena, namely the potential and kinetic energy of particles, respectively.[11] He described latent energy as the energy of interaction in a given configuration of particles, i.e. a form of potential energy, and the sensible heat as an energy affecting temperature measured by the thermometer due to the thermal energy, which he called the living force.

Taking snippets out of lectures you don't understand isn't going to help you.
duncan61 wrote:
Useless thermal energy
If the minimum temperature of a system's environment is {\displaystyle T_{\text{e}}}{\displaystyle T_{\text{e}}} and the system's entropy is {\displaystyle S}S, then a part of the system's internal energy amounting to {\displaystyle S\cdot T_{\text{e}}}{\displaystyle S\cdot T_{\text{e}}} cannot be converted into useful work. This is the difference between the internal energy and the Helmholtz free energy.
I guess this is all wrong

Not the definition of entropy. No, it is not all wrong. Just you are.

Science errors: Discard of the 0th, 1st, and 2nd laws of thermodynamics. Discard of the Stefan-Boltzmann law. Discard of the ideal gas law.

Math errors: Use of sum as average. Use of base as rate.

Philosophy errors: Theft of argument. Combining multiple arguments as single argument.

Logic errors: Void authority fallacy. Buzzword fallacies. Redefinition fallacy (energy<->heat). Contextomy fallacies. False authority fallacy. Attempted proof by pivot. Attempted proof by meta. Attempted proof by contextomy. Attempted proof by dichotomy.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
10-08-2022 21:38
James_
★★★★☆
(1189)
duncan61 wrote:
Nope. It's not radiating heat. Heat is not radiated.

It's amazing the simplicity of the things you are too stupid to learn.

Try again. What is being radiated? Hint: it is not heat.
What is the heat I can feel coming off the element or gas burner if it is not heat?



Gee, I dunno. E = hv?
https://youtu.be/Wvm4hurlock
11-08-2022 02:09
duncan61
★★★★★
(2014)
ITN. What is heat on your planet?
In your own words define heat.
Edited on 11-08-2022 02:10
11-08-2022 03:08
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(20153)
duncan61 wrote:
ITN. What is heat on your planet?
In your own words define heat.

The flow of thermal energy. Heat can be by conduction, convection, or by radiance.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 11-08-2022 03:09
11-08-2022 06:57
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(13337)
Into the Night wrote:
duncan61 wrote:In your own words define heat.
The flow of thermal energy. Heat can be by conduction, convection, or by radiance.

duncan, there you have it. Now the question du jour is "Can duncan learn this or does he just not have the cognitive juice to grasp even this, as simple and straightforward as it is?"

Will this finally be the first thing you learn on this site? Inquiring minds want to know.

.
11-08-2022 11:21
duncan61
★★★★★
(2014)
Got it
11-08-2022 21:58
James_
★★★★☆
(1189)
duncan61 wrote:
ITN. What is heat on your planet?
In your own words define heat.



Heat is usually the flow of electromagnetic radiation which means it is either photons or particles. With a fire it will release highly charged ions which is plasma but is still a particle.
I just checked. All heat is electromagnetic. This is why it's either photons or particles.
Edited on 11-08-2022 22:01
11-08-2022 22:25
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(20153)
James_ wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
ITN. What is heat on your planet?
In your own words define heat.



Heat is usually the flow of electromagnetic radiation which means it is either photons or particles.
With a fire it will release highly charged ions which is plasma but is still a particle.
I just checked. All heat is electromagnetic. This is why it's either photons or particles.

Heat is not light.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
11-08-2022 23:18
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(13337)
duncan61 wrote:Got it

Awesome!

When your engine reaches a high temperature and your heat-sync increases the flow of thermal energy from the engine to the outside air, the heat-sync is increasing the heat, i.e. increasing the flow of thermal energy from the engine to the outside air. With the heat-sync, the engine is more effectively heating the outside air, hence there is more heat, or the heat-sync is increasing heat.

Heat is not temperature. Heat is not thermal energy.

Heat is the FLOW of thermal energy.

Just say that word one hundred times: FLOW

A lake is a bunch of water. A river is a flow of water. If you scoop a cup of water out of a river, you do not have a cup of flow, you have a cup of water. Water can be contained in a cup; flow cannot be contained in anything. The river's flow cannot be transferred. The river's flow does not radiate.

.
Page 15 of 16<<<13141516>





Join the debate NET THERMAL RADIATION : You in a room as a reference.:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Anyone explain how does N2 and O2 don't absorb electromagnetic radiation?4902-02-2023 01:23
Under Dorsey the FBI literally determined everything that Twitter was allowed to put on the net303-01-2023 19:25
Net Metering710-12-2020 14:37
https://www.waclimate.net/perth-sea-levels.html627-11-2020 01:24
Confirmed: Convection is a Factor in Thermal Energy Flow728-06-2020 04:12
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact