Remember me
▼ Content

NET THERMAL RADIATION : You in a room as a reference.



Page 12 of 16<<<1011121314>>>
21-07-2022 15:41
James_
★★★★☆
(1047)
duncan61 wrote:
1.Nearly 200.one in each city

2.We are recording each one separately and hypothetically all show a 1.0C rise

3.They are all independent of each other

4.We are recording each device separately

5.If all nearly 200 show a 1.0C rise it is unlikely that it is not happening everywhere



This tends to agree with what I posted in the Genesis thread.

Heatwave: Fires blaze after UK passes 40C for first time
The UK has recorded temperatures of over 40C (104F) for the first time.

Thermometers hit 40.3C at Coningsby in Lincolnshire, while 33 other locations went past the UK's previous highest temperature of 38.7C, set in 2019.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-62217282

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2022/07/19/europe-heatwave-uk-temperature-record-broken/10094289002/
21-07-2022 20:04
duncan61
★★★★☆
(1911)
Into the Night wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
Gravity does not increase temperature. The steak never cooked. The insults must begin. I made this scenario up all on my own for my own benefit. No one ordered me to believe anything.

Don Easterbrook did.
duncan61 wrote:
So in conclusion even if 200 thermometers around the world showed a 1.0C increase on average over 50 tears it means squat?

Not even squat. It means absolutely nothing. You are still discarding statistical mathematics.
duncan61 wrote:
I prefer Don Easterbrook's version.

Q.E.D.
duncan61 wrote:
I have seen him give presentations and he has looked in depth at all the information available and drawn his own conclusion.

Which now happens to be YOUR conclusion. Q.E.D.
duncan61 wrote:
There was some warming up to the late 80s

It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth.
duncan61 wrote:
and now it has stopped and gone the other way.

It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth.
duncan61 wrote:
It was warmer in the 30s

It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth.
duncan61 wrote:
and then declined to the 50s.

It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth.
duncan61 wrote:
This is all that matters to me.

What matters to you is random numbers of type randU. You believe them because you were told to believe them.
duncan61 wrote:
The heat wave in Europe is going to fuel a big push for the warmazombies.

If it's too hot it's blamed on 'global warming'. If it's too cold it's blamed on 'global warming'. If it's too wet it's blamed on 'global warming'. If it's too dry it's blamed on 'global warming'.

See the pattern here???
duncan61 wrote:
I will just drive less and do less work problem solved

What problem? You have not yet stated The Problem. No gas or vapor has the capability to warm the Earth. You are still denying the laws of thermodynamics.


The problem I refer to is the cost of fuel versus profit on the job. On peak day petrol is $2.50/litre.I have reduced the distance I will travel to do jobs


duncan61
21-07-2022 21:07
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(12231)
duncan61 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:What problem? You have not yet stated The Problem. No gas or vapor has the capability to warm the Earth. You are still denying the laws of thermodynamics.
The problem I refer to is the cost of fuel versus profit on the job. On peak day petrol is $2.50/litre.I have reduced the distance I will travel to do jobs

Is that how Don Easterbrook told you to solve it? Have you checked with Pete Rogers?

.
21-07-2022 21:13
James_
★★★★☆
(1047)
Into the Night wrote:

What problem? You have not yet stated The Problem. No gas or vapor has the capability to warm the Earth. You are still denying the laws of thermodynamics.



This is sad. It's like dehammer needs to understand that a more efficient membrane for converting 2H + O > H2O is needed. Of course he says to generate electricity while I say Bessler's Wheel. Isn't it funny how a pet project that might serve some humanitarian purpose might become a source of needed energy?
The invasion of Ukraine could take it from an interesting piece of history to could it generate a large amount of energy. It's just a shame no one wanted to work with me on it and now I'm stuck with it.
If you consider the heatwave in Europe and the coming winter, it might become something that will have engineers interviewed on what potential it might have. I'll probably need to thank all of those people like scientists and those who ignored the laws of physics like ISN'T, er, I mean ITN.
21-07-2022 22:40
James_
★★★★☆
(1047)
Oops, its actually h + the hydroxil HO > H2O. It's like with a microprocessor, those used to be like Pentium 486 and now that is an antique that your granddaddy used. With membranes, they're more like the processors used on the Apollo space shuttle.
With what is used today which is Pt (platinum), the membrane for a car costs about $900. Catalytic converters also use Pt to force exhaust gasses into something a little more desirable.
The issue with generating a sustainable flow of water is how many reactions per second per square centimeter of surface area? That is what would allow for fuel cell technology to do more than generate electricity as a part of the water generation process.
That would be the "heart" of what he's promoting. Otherwise it would not be possible to sustain a pressure head of any significance. But it's up to him to consider how such advancements in the technology could be achieved.
21-07-2022 23:33
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(12231)
James_ wrote:It's just a shame no one wanted to work with me on [my Bessler wheel] and now I'm stuck with it.

I am eager for you to get it working. You've built up the anticipation and now it's time for you to deliver.

Just one full rotation is all we ask ... for the moment.

Please attach a JPEG of your Bessler wheel prior to its "first rotations" so we have a souvenir for when we say "We knew it back when James was just getting it going."

.
21-07-2022 23:52
duncan61
★★★★☆
(1911)
IBdaMann wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
Into the Night wrote:What problem? You have not yet stated The Problem. No gas or vapor has the capability to warm the Earth. You are still denying the laws of thermodynamics.
The problem I refer to is the cost of fuel versus profit on the job. On peak day petrol is $2.50/litre.I have reduced the distance I will travel to do jobs

Is that how Don Easterbrook told you to solve it? Have you checked with Pete Rogers?

.


I would like to chat with Don Easterbrook but I can not see it happening. Is there anyone at all who's work you relate to or is it all just you


duncan61
22-07-2022 01:18
James_
★★★★☆
(1047)
IBdaMann wrote:
James_ wrote:It's just a shame no one wanted to work with me on [my Bessler wheel] and now I'm stuck with it.

I am eager for you to get it working. You've built up the anticipation and now it's time for you to deliver.

Just one full rotation is all we ask ... for the moment.

Please attach a JPEG of your Bessler wheel prior to its "first rotations" so we have a souvenir for when we say "We knew it back when James was just getting it going."

.



Do you mean an image like this one? I hope to have the frame on its stand on Sunday. Then to mount the kicker assemblies and weight wheels won't be much work. I'll need to order some Manila rope so I can rig the wheel.
And while waiting for that I'll be able to make any adjustments or modifications that it might need. So it'll most likely be on Monday or Tuesday next week when I'll be able to post a pic of it.
Attached image:

22-07-2022 01:38
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(12231)
duncan61 wrote: Is there anyone at all who's work you relate to or is it all just you

I relate to everyone's work ... in some way. I relate to a lot of your work, especially the annoyance with being told by utter morons that our planet is going to bake because of plant food that cannot be measured.

Perhaps you can relate to my irritation with mindless robots who insist I believe exactly what they have been ordered to believe.

Perhaps you can relate to my irritation with idiots who first ignore, and then deny, the science I teach them, just because it leads to a conclusion that differs from the one they have been ordered to believe.

Perhaps you can relate to my irritation with mathematically incompetent morons who push their bizarre personal beliefs while ignoring the math that shows the opposite.

Perhaps you can understand my disappointment in people who post really stupid crap that they have been ordered to believe and then blame me for revealing the full extent of their stupidity ... and then intentionally misrepresent my position out of sheer dishonesty.
22-07-2022 03:26
James_
★★★★☆
(1047)
It's interesting. There's basically no information on the amount of water generated with a membrane. This might be because of how much it costs to produce hydrogen.
https://news.usc.edu/trojan-family/why-hydrogen-fuel-isnt-mainstream-as-fossil-fuel-alternative/

And to use something like this to power a hydroelectric generator would require a significant flow rate or what is known as reactions associated with the membrane.
And with a working perpetual motion machine then a clean source of energy might be able to be devoted to generating hydrogen without diverting "green" energy from what it's been doing, allowing for less fossil fuels to be used.
Then that might encourage more of an interest in hydrogen research and what it might be capable of doing.
22-07-2022 06:22
duncan61
★★★★☆
(1911)
IBdaMann wrote:
duncan61 wrote: Is there anyone at all who's work you relate to or is it all just you

I relate to everyone's work ... in some way. I relate to a lot of your work, especially the annoyance with being told by utter morons that our planet is going to bake because of plant food that cannot be measured.

Perhaps you can relate to my irritation with mindless robots who insist I believe exactly what they have been ordered to believe.

Perhaps you can relate to my irritation with idiots who first ignore, and then deny, the science I teach them, just because it leads to a conclusion that differs from the one they have been ordered to believe.

Perhaps you can relate to my irritation with mathematically incompetent morons who push their bizarre personal beliefs while ignoring the math that shows the opposite.

Perhaps you can understand my disappointment in people who post really stupid crap that they have been ordered to believe and then blame me for revealing the full extent of their stupidity ... and then intentionally misrepresent my position out of sheer dishonesty.


It is no secret I came to this forum with no knowledge on AGW/CC.If I just agreed with you on everything I would be the lemming being ordered to believe what I am told.I do not agree to many things you put out there.You are a cyber bully and just outright nasty.It is you that assign positions to other people
.Does barometric pressure influence the weather.The weather affects barometric
.Gravity exists and is a factor in our climate
.I DO not believe in human induced climate change.
.You use the laws of physics to suit your denial agenda.
.Planet Earth is an ever changing thing with a chaotic weather system no human can calculate.
.Proxy data is guesswork at best
.Science has become political on this topic.


duncan61
23-07-2022 02:37
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(12231)
duncan61 wrote:It is no secret I came to this forum with no knowledge on AGW/CC.

It is no secret that you came to this site as a fully indoctrinated Global Warming preacher on a crusade against the warmizombies of differing religious denominations. You staunchly referred to yourself as a "denier" and immediately began trashing alarmists.

There was, and is, absolutely no science or math to which you will listen/learn/understand if it runs counter to your WACKY, science-defying, Global Warming religion. You hilariously believe EVERYTHING that the alarmist warmizombies believe except for the trivially superfical point about an impending Climate Catastrophe, around which you have formed your crusade of bigotry. You remind me of mainstream Muslims in Pakistan and their persecution of Ahmaadi Muslims who believe and practice and pray identically across the board except for one trivial point.

So ... you omitted all of this when describing your arrival to this site.

duncan61 wrote:If I just agreed with you on everything I would be the lemming being ordered to believe what I am told.

Incorrect. I never tell people what to believe. I never hand anyone conclusions they should have. I strictly apply the scientific method and tell people what they should not believe if it runs counter to science or math or logic or economics.

I then proceed to provide all the information necessary for everything I say to be independently researched and verified.

You are totally dishonest when you state or imply that I am somehow telling people what to believe. When you are dishonest, you can expect me to call you on it. Of course, you will then cry like a fuqqing baby that you are somehow being "insulted" and then you will play the teary-eyed victim ... but everything I say about you is merely what I observe and what you document for all to read.

So, you omitted that little bit as well above. You came to this site with the disposition to be a lying fuqq. Nobody has any reason to trust anything you write. You threw your credibility out the window, and that's disappointing because originally I was hoping for so much more. I was hoping to team up with you to build a much stronger body of knowledge, but you opted to take your credibility to the mat to pursue your religious crusade. You rendered your future contributions "not believable."

duncan61 wrote:I do not agree to many things you put out there.

Correct. You are a science denier and you shun math with all your might.

duncan61 wrote:You are a cyber bully

You are a whining cry-baby. Get off the internet if you can't handle people observing what you write ... or you could stop being totally stupid. Have you ever thought of that? You are a bonehead who cries like a baby if anyone notices that he is a bonehead. Guess what. Stop being a bonehead and no one will notice you being a bonehead.

As it stands, you are a moron who is also an ashsole, who lies and who therefore cannot be believed, who will misrepresent the positions of others, who denies science and math and who can't handle others observing the stupid schytt he writes.

Oh yes, and you do everything you can to blame others for your own shortcomings. You neglected to mention that in the part above about your arrival.

duncan61 wrote:and just outright nasty.

Sure. You've earned it. Are you saying that you can't handle it? If so then I suggest getting off the internet. If you can then why are you wasting bandwidth crying about it.

duncan61 wrote:It is you that assign positions to other people

You are a liar. I quote everything about which I am commenting. You just pull schytt out of your azz and hurl it onto the site. You could have made a positive contribution to this site but instead you have chosen to be a totally dishonest fokkre.


duncan61 wrote:..Gravity exists and is a factor in our climate

Right here. Notice that you are intentionally throwing around an undefined buzzword (as well as using the Marxist "our"). You really don't know how to be honest.

duncan61 wrote:.I DO not believe in human induced climate change.

Were you planning on defining this "climate change" that you claim you do not believe exists, or are you effectively wasting bandwidth to say the equivalent of "I DO not believe in human-induced bzzledrghszxkf." As in my preceding comment, you are pretending to say something meaningful with meaningless, undefined buzzwords that you well know mean nothing.

duncan61 wrote:.You use the laws of physics to suit your denial agenda.

I am so glad that you wrote this. You inadvertently corroborate everything I have said and have been saying.

1. You preach a deeply held religious view
2. You fully intend to deny all science and math that runs counter to your faith
3. You hurl slurs at those who simply do not believe as you have been ordered or in line with your indoctrination
4. You have no intention of being honest or rational in your discussions
5. You are pretending that I am the one, not you, who is making an affirmative argument.
6. You're an idiot.

duncan61 wrote:.Planet Earth is an ever-changing thing with a chaotic weather system no human can calculate.

... and you're back to your specialty of injecting random statements out of context in the hopes of confusing those who are reading your posts. One thing you don't want is for others to properly understand your posts for the six points listed in my preceding comment.

duncan61 wrote:.Proxy data is guesswork at best

Proxy data is always invalid in science and is summarily discarded. There is no other characterization.

duncan61 wrote: Science has become political on this topic.

Incorrect. Science is eternally apolitical.

Politics has become political. Politics tries to own science, tries to declare what is and what is not science, and plays on gullible people like you who will never independently research or verify anything, and who will thus believe ANY crazy dogma they are ordered to believe ... with sufficient political pressure.

Since you will never think for yourself, you will always be someone's bitch, being bent over furniture and having your opinions reamed into you by someone else who is doing your thinking for you.

What totally earns you the mockery and insults you receive, is the way you become a total ashsole to those who simply try to help you by pointing you in the direction of the science, math and other information that you should be independently verifying on your own.

So yeah, every time you do that, you can expect something, at least from me. And you will know that you totally earned it.

.
23-07-2022 02:59
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(18983)
duncan61 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
duncan61 wrote: Is there anyone at all who's work you relate to or is it all just you

I relate to everyone's work ... in some way. I relate to a lot of your work, especially the annoyance with being told by utter morons that our planet is going to bake because of plant food that cannot be measured.

Perhaps you can relate to my irritation with mindless robots who insist I believe exactly what they have been ordered to believe.

Perhaps you can relate to my irritation with idiots who first ignore, and then deny, the science I teach them, just because it leads to a conclusion that differs from the one they have been ordered to believe.

Perhaps you can relate to my irritation with mathematically incompetent morons who push their bizarre personal beliefs while ignoring the math that shows the opposite.

Perhaps you can understand my disappointment in people who post really stupid crap that they have been ordered to believe and then blame me for revealing the full extent of their stupidity ... and then intentionally misrepresent my position out of sheer dishonesty.


It is no secret I came to this forum with no knowledge on AGW/CC.If I just agreed with you on everything I would be the lemming being ordered to believe what I am told.

Non-sequitur fallacy.
duncan61 wrote:
I do not agree to many things you put out there.You are a cyber bully and just outright nasty.It is you that assign positions to other people

LIF. You are doing this right now. You are describing yourself.
duncan61 wrote:
Does barometric pressure influence the weather.

No.
duncan61 wrote:
The weather affects barometric

No.
duncan61 wrote:
Gravity exists and is a factor in our climate

No. There is no factor in climate. Climate has no value associated with it.
duncan61 wrote:
I DO not believe in human induced climate change.
You use the laws of physics to suit your denial agenda.

Paradox. Irrational.
duncan61 wrote:
Planet Earth is an ever changing thing with a chaotic weather system no human can calculate.

2nd Paradox. Irrational.
duncan61 wrote:
Proxy data is guesswork at best

Proxy data isn't data.
duncan61 wrote:
Science has become political on this topic.

Science has no politics. Science has no religion either.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
23-07-2022 09:46
duncan61
★★★★☆
(1911)
Sailors have known for years if the Barometer starts to fall a storm is coming. Neither of you have said anything apart from some reference to a religion I have never heard of. Over 3 years ago this subject was mentioned to me and I have been looking at the situation constantly. I have drawn my own conclusions from my own research and watching other people share information from both sides of the debate. I agree with most of what you 2 share but disagree with the stance on nothing can be known and your application of the laws of physics. I disagree with people who explain that the pause in warming is because all the heat is hiding in the oceans. Heat rises it does not hide in the ocean waiting for a later date. Whales swim from 2.C degree water to the tropics to give birth and then return in the Antarctic summer to feed on krill again. They go through massive temperature changes and do just fine same for elephant seals you can find them in Antarctica and of Californian beaches. Many people quote that entire ecosystems are collapsing. Where is this happening? Will there ever be enough to appease the alarmists.
23-07-2022 18:18
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(12231)
duncan61 wrote:Neither of you have said anything apart from some reference to a religion I have never heard of.

Of course you have heard of it. You adopted it. I, for one, have never accused you of being smart enough to recognize a religion when it's presented to you, or even when you adopt it as your own personal faith.

duncan61 wrote:Over 3 years ago this subject was mentioned to me

Better wording: Over 3 years ago, you were indoctrinated into your religion and began OBEYING your clergy, who instructed you to ignore any and all helpful science and math that runs counter to what you are being ordered to believe.

duncan61 wrote: ... and I have been looking at the situation constantly.

All the while, you have been completely ignoring math and science; you won't listen to a single word.

duncan61 wrote:I have drawn my own conclusions from my own research

Booolsch't. You preach what others order you to believe, despite it running counter to physics.

duncan61 wrote: and watching other people share information from both sides of the debate.

"Both"? You actually believe there are only two sides?

Let me guess, one side is what you have been ordered to believe and the only other side is the warmizombie side which you have been ordered to vilify.

Let me guess, science and math don't count and they don't get a side. Gravity causes temperature to increase? Since that is in the first side, it must "make perfect sense."

duncan61 wrote: I agree with most of what you 2 share but disagree with the stance on nothing can be known

Nobody holds that position. You are a dishonest fokkre who is assigning that bogus position so you can at least have something to pretend to attack, to hide the fact that you are a total idiot.

duncan61 wrote: ... and your application of the laws of physics.

The laws of physics apply always, everywhere. Of course you don't like it when I apply science because it naturally runs counter to your brain-dead religion.

By the way, have they decided whether or not they're going to pull your life support?

duncan61 wrote: I disagree with people who explain that the pause in warming is because all the heat is hiding in the oceans.

The important thing is that you have been told to believe that there is warming, that your clergy knows this (and is therefore "what we know" and is therefore what you know), and that you are to preach this "knowledge" as the Truth, the Light and the Way. ... and you OBEY.

... and you are prohibited from learning any science or math that would reveal just how stupid you are for believing all this crap.

duncan61 wrote: Heat rises

Heat flows in all directions equally, but you were going to demonstrate that it only rises. You still have yet to rest a searing-hot frying pan atop your head without fear of getting burned, because you are, of course, certain that heat only flows upward. Would you please get to that this afternoon? We need to rewrite physics based on the TRUTH of your religion.

duncan61 wrote: Whales swim from 2.C degree water to the tropics to give birth and then return in the Antarctic summer to feed on krill again. They go through massive temperature changes and do just fine same for elephant seals you can find them in Antarctica and of Californian beaches.

Pointing to the stupid claims of others does not transform your own stupid claims into brilliance or your faith into TRUTH.



Yes, the Joshua tree thrives in environments that range from -20C in the winter to 44C in the summer. Gravity still does not increase temperature and you do not know that the earth is increasing in temperature.

.
23-07-2022 19:28
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(18983)
duncan61 wrote:
Sailors have known for years if the Barometer starts to fall a storm is coming.

While it is often called a 'stormglass' for a reason, a barometer is not weather nor a storm.
duncan61 wrote:
Neither of you have said anything apart from some reference to a religion I have never heard of.

You have heard of it. Indeed, you are a believer in it.
duncan61 wrote:
Over 3 years ago this subject was mentioned to me and I have been looking at the situation constantly. I have drawn my own conclusions from my own research and watching other people share information from both sides of the debate. I agree with most of what you 2 share but disagree with the stance on nothing can be known and your application of the laws of physics.

Then you do NOT agree with either of us. Not even most of it. Stop lying. Physics isn't 'application'. Physics is, as is the rest of science, a set of falsifiable theories. You are simply discarding several of those theories.
duncan61 wrote:
I disagree with people who explain that the pause in warming is because all the heat is hiding in the oceans.

It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth.
It is not possible to measure the temperature of the oceans.
Heat is not contained in anything.
duncan61 wrote:
Heat rises it does not hide in the ocean waiting for a later date.

Heat is not contained in anything. Heat does not rise. You are confusing convective heating with heat itself.
duncan61 wrote:
Whales swim from 2.C degree water to the tropics to give birth and then return in the Antarctic summer to feed on krill again. They go through massive temperature changes and do just fine same for elephant seals you can find them in Antarctica and of Californian beaches. Many people quote that entire ecosystems are collapsing. Where is this happening? Will there ever be enough to appease the alarmists.

No. Remember, their agenda is not to 'save the planet' (it doesn't need saving). It is to implement fascism and communism and tyranny.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
24-07-2022 04:56
James_
★★★★☆
(1047)
duncan61 wrote:
Sailors have known for years if the Barometer starts to fall a storm is coming. Neither of you have said anything apart from some reference to a religion I have never heard of. Over 3 years ago this subject was mentioned to me and I have been looking at the situation constantly. I have drawn my own conclusions from my own research and watching other people share information from both sides of the debate. I agree with most of what you 2 share but disagree with the stance on nothing can be known and your application of the laws of physics. I disagree with people who explain that the pause in warming is because all the heat is hiding in the oceans. Heat rises it does not hide in the ocean waiting for a later date. Whales swim from 2.C degree water to the tropics to give birth and then return in the Antarctic summer to feed on krill again. They go through massive temperature changes and do just fine same for elephant seals you can find them in Antarctica and of Californian beaches. Many people quote that entire ecosystems are collapsing. Where is this happening? Will there ever be enough to appease the alarmists.



The media kind of flopped back in 2013 and 2014. Because reporters didn't understand what was being said it was difficult for them to be critical of what was being made known.
https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-24173504

It was after that when the IPCC changed how it records temperatures. This is where the media should've asked how far back will those changes influence what was recorded.
There is something that I'm going to look at which might be nothing. It'd be did the Earth's spin increase in velocity when warming slowed. That could be an increased gravitational effect. Basically how the Earth's kinetic energy comes into play.

"Since the system of leap seconds was introduced in 1972, the Earth's rotation has generally been a bit slow and so far, there have been 27 leap seconds, and they have all been positive.

"In other words, they have all added an extra second to our clocks, enabling the Earth to catch up."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/55643600


p.s., The ozone layer which blocks UV radiation also started recovering around 1998.
Attached image:


Edited on 24-07-2022 05:09
25-07-2022 07:01
duncan61
★★★★☆
(1911)
IBdaMann wrote:
[quote]duncan61 wrote:Neither of you have said anything apart from some reference to a religion I have never heard of.

Of course you have heard of it. You adopted it. I, for one, have never accused you of being smart enough to recognize a religion when it's presented to you, or even when you adopt it as your own personal faith.

duncan61 wrote:Over 3 years ago this subject was mentioned to me

Better wording: Over 3 years ago, you were indoctrinated into your religion and began OBEYING your clergy, who instructed you to ignore any and all helpful science and math that runs counter to what you are being ordered to believe.

duncan61 wrote: ... and I have been looking at the situation constantly.

All the while, you have been completely ignoring math and science; you won't listen to a single word.

duncan61 wrote:I have drawn my own conclusions from my own research

Booolsch't. You preach what others order you to believe, despite it running counter to physics.

duncan61 wrote: and watching other people share information from both sides of the debate.

"Both"? You actually believe there are only two sides?

Let me guess, one side is what you have been ordered to believe and the only other side is the warmizombie side which you have been ordered to vilify.

Let me guess, science and math don't count and they don't get a side. Gravity causes temperature to increase? Since that is in the first side, it must "make perfect sense."

duncan61 wrote: I agree with most of what you 2 share but disagree with the stance on nothing can be known

Nobody holds that position. You are a dishonest fokkre who is assigning that bogus position so you can at least have something to pretend to attack, to hide the fact that you are a total idiot.

duncan61 wrote: ... and your application of the laws of physics.

The laws of physics apply always, everywhere. Of course you don't like it when I apply science because it naturally runs counter to your brain-dead religion.

By the way, have they decided whether or not they're going to pull your life support?

duncan61 wrote: I disagree with people who explain that the pause in warming is because all the heat is hiding in the oceans.

The important thing is that you have been told to believe that there is warming, that your clergy knows this (and is therefore "what we know" and is therefore what you know), and that you are to preach this "knowledge" as the Truth, the Light and the Way. ... and you OBEY.

... and you are prohibited from learning any science or math that would reveal just how stupid you are for believing all this crap.

duncan61 wrote: Heat rises

Heat flows in all directions equally, but you were going to demonstrate that it only rises. You still have yet to rest a searing-hot frying pan atop your head without fear of getting burned, because you are, of course, certain that heat only flows upward. Would you please get to that this afternoon? We need to rewrite physics based on the TRUTH of your religion.

duncan61 wrote: Whales swim from 2.C degree water to the tropics to give birth and then return in the Antarctic summer to feed on krill again. They go through massive temperature changes and do just fine same for elephant seals you can find them in Antarctica and of Californian beaches.

Pointing to the stupid claims of others does not transform your own stupid claims into brilliance or your faith into TRUTH.



Yes, the Joshua tree thrives in environments that range from -20C in the winter to 44C in the summer. Gravity still does not increase temperature and you do not know that the earth is increasing in temperature.

.Heat rises.It does not flow in all directions equally or hot air balloons would not work.There would be no wind.Your hot frypan analogy works.If it is a few inches above my head it will not burn me but I bet if I tried to put my face a few inches above it It would be uncomfortable

.If a giraffe decides to walk to a different water hole how does the laws of physics apply

.I watched a woman from insulate Britain over the weekend get rather hysterical and she claims in less than 3 years her children will be in a war zone and starving and burning to death with nothing to drink.Somehow if local government insulates a few houses this will not happen.She had recently glued herself to the motorway.Front end loader could scrape them off and sustain no damage at all.They are your loony fringe that are sucking it all in.You are the denier fringe for some reason you have a fear of change even though this saga has bought about beneficial changes as well.Humans are managing the planet very well since the 70s however once again there are all these doomsday prophets claiming the Amazon is going to go.I have been hearing that for over 50 years now.


duncan61
25-07-2022 08:04
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(12231)
duncan61 wrote:Heat rises.It does not flow in all directions equally or hot air balloons would not work.

Yes, you are a moron.

What are the results of your searing-hot-frying-pan-on-the-head demonstration?

duncan61 wrote:There would be no wind.

Yes, you are scientifically illiterate. Listening to you pretend to discuss science is comedy gold.

You don't know what heat is, and that's supposed to be the topic. You are babbling nonsense while thinking you are brilliant.

Too funny.

duncan61 wrote:Your hot frypan analogy works.If it is a few inches above my head it will not burn me but I bet if I tried to put my face a few inches above it It would be uncomfortable

Rest the searing hot frying pan on top of your head. The demonstration is not something other than that. If heat only rises, and doesn't travel in all directions equally, you have nothing to fear about being burned.

So go do it.

duncan61 wrote:.If a giraffe decides to walk to a different water hole how does the laws of physics apply

How do you imagine they do not?

duncan61 wrote:You are the denier fringe for some reason you have a fear of change even though this saga has bought about beneficial changes as well.

What am I denying, besides your WACKY religion?

duncan61 wrote:Humans are managing the planet very well since the 70s

Humans are not managing earth any more than they are managing the moon. Neither are being managed and neither need to be managed.

.
25-07-2022 19:27
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(18983)
James_ wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
Sailors have known for years if the Barometer starts to fall a storm is coming. Neither of you have said anything apart from some reference to a religion I have never heard of. Over 3 years ago this subject was mentioned to me and I have been looking at the situation constantly. I have drawn my own conclusions from my own research and watching other people share information from both sides of the debate. I agree with most of what you 2 share but disagree with the stance on nothing can be known and your application of the laws of physics. I disagree with people who explain that the pause in warming is because all the heat is hiding in the oceans. Heat rises it does not hide in the ocean waiting for a later date. Whales swim from 2.C degree water to the tropics to give birth and then return in the Antarctic summer to feed on krill again. They go through massive temperature changes and do just fine same for elephant seals you can find them in Antarctica and of Californian beaches. Many people quote that entire ecosystems are collapsing. Where is this happening? Will there ever be enough to appease the alarmists.



The media kind of flopped back in 2013 and 2014. Because reporters didn't understand what was being said it was difficult for them to be critical of what was being made known.
https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-24173504

It was after that when the IPCC changed how it records temperatures. This is where the media should've asked how far back will those changes influence what was recorded.
There is something that I'm going to look at which might be nothing. It'd be did the Earth's spin increase in velocity when warming slowed. That could be an increased gravitational effect. Basically how the Earth's kinetic energy comes into play.

"Since the system of leap seconds was introduced in 1972, the Earth's rotation has generally been a bit slow and so far, there have been 27 leap seconds, and they have all been positive.

"In other words, they have all added an extra second to our clocks, enabling the Earth to catch up."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/55643600


p.s., The ozone layer which blocks UV radiation also started recovering around 1998.

It is not possible to measure the global concentration of ozone.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
25-07-2022 19:34
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(18983)
duncan61 wrote:
...deleted damaged portion...
Heat rises.It does not flow in all directions equally or hot air balloons would not work.

Heat is not contained in anything. Hot air balloons work because of COLD air. Without COLD air, a hot air balloon will not rise, or even inflate.
duncan61 wrote:
There would be no wind.

Wind is caused by ascending AND descending air. This is called 'convection' or 'convective heating'.
duncan61 wrote:
Your hot frypan analogy works.If it is a few inches above my head it will not burn me but I bet if I tried to put my face a few inches above it It would be uncomfortable
...removed random phrases...

Do you normally stick your face in frying pan?


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
26-07-2022 03:33
duncan61
★★★★☆
(1911)
IBDm first used the frypan analogy.Are we in consensus that if you heat air it rises regardless of the reasons?
26-07-2022 03:45
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(12231)
duncan61 wrote:IBDm first used the frypan analogy.Are we in consensus that if you heat air it rises regardless of the reasons?

Fluid dynamics is not in question here.

Your stupid statement is.

You INSIST that heat only rises, and that it doesn't flow in all directions equally, all the while not knowing what heat even is.

So ... how did the frying pan go?

26-07-2022 16:37
duncan61
★★★★☆
(1911)
I heated a frypan and the heat went up.
26-07-2022 16:51
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(12231)
duncan61 wrote:I heated a frypan and the heat went up.

So this is that famous duncan dishonesty flaring up in full splendor.

First you make a stupid statement, then when it is pointed out to you, you rush to deny all science and empirical evidence to the contrary just to cling to your stupidity.

In this case, it has come down to you being unable to admit that a searing frying pan will burn the top of your head because it will confirm that you are not the science genius that you pretend you are.

duncan, I think everyone is painfully aware of the extent to which you are stupid and not a science genius. You really can admit to having been mistaken without any loss of stature. In fact, it is difficult to get much lower than you already are.

A stupid liar.

What gets me is your certainty that you will somehow fool people by not admitting when you screw up. Well, that's what happens when you are a slave to others who are doing your thinking for you. Aside from it being a miserable existence, you can at least lie to yourself and tell yourself that it's wonderful. Heck, you often try to convince this board just how wonderful it is.

Enjoy.

.
26-07-2022 20:30
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(18983)
duncan61 wrote:
IBDm first used the frypan analogy.Are we in consensus that if you heat air it rises regardless of the reasons?

No.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
26-07-2022 20:32
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(18983)
duncan61 wrote:
I heated a frypan and the heat went up.

The frypan started to rise off the stove by itself????????!?

Have you been playing with a Ouiji board lately?


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
27-07-2022 03:49
duncan61
★★★★☆
(1911)
So now hot air does not rise.Serious people?On a hot day you can see it.Hot air balloons do not go up.Possibly do not exist even though I have been in one at York?
27-07-2022 06:26
Dorothy
☆☆☆☆☆
(9)
Yes, air tends to rise when heated, but what's your point?
27-07-2022 06:54
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2508)
Dorothy wrote:
Yes, air tends to rise when heated, but what's your point?


Yes, as long as there is cooler air above, it will rise. If there is cooler air adjacent, well then we have some horizontal heat.

His point is that he is frantically pivoting in hopes of avoiding a hot fry pan on the head in a desperate last ditch effort to prove IBdaMann wrong.

@Duncan....please please PLEASE have a camera rolling when you prove that heat only goes up!



Studies show that if you force several tubs of peanut butter down the throats of newborns, in some cases it could potentially be toxic. In cities where infant-PB-stuffing is more common, infant deaths increased by over 47% with corresponding increases in dead-infant obesity.. -IBdaMann
Edited on 27-07-2022 06:56
27-07-2022 07:37
Dorothy
☆☆☆☆☆
(9)
Sounds like he needs to do some reading. This would be a good start -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_transfer
27-07-2022 08:20
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(18983)
duncan61 wrote:
So now hot air does not rise.

Not necessarily.
duncan61 wrote:
Serious people?

Seriously.
duncan61 wrote:
On a hot day you can see it.

You cannot see rising air. You can only see the effects of it.
duncan61 wrote:
Hot air balloons do not go up.

Sometimes they don't.
duncan61 wrote:
Possibly do not exist even though I have been in one at York?

Hot air balloon pilots are well trained to know when the conditions are good enough for their balloons. They don't always fly.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
27-07-2022 08:21
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(18983)
Dorothy wrote:
Yes, air tends to rise when heated, but what's your point?

Maybe, maybe not. It depends entirely on surrounding air.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
27-07-2022 08:22
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(18983)
Dorothy wrote:
Sounds like he needs to do some reading. This would be a good start -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_transfer


Wikipedia is a very poor reference. It is too often badly written, incomplete, or just plain wrong.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
27-07-2022 15:41
James_
★★★★☆
(1047)
GasGuzzler wrote:
Dorothy wrote:
Yes, air tends to rise when heated, but what's your point?


Yes, as long as there is cooler air above, it will rise. If there is cooler air adjacent, well then we have some horizontal heat.

His point is that he is frantically pivoting in hopes of avoiding a hot fry pan on the head in a desperate last ditch effort to prove IBdaMann wrong.

@Duncan....please please PLEASE have a camera rolling when you prove that heat only goes up!



So now you're saying that heat can be trapped by the atmosphere.

Do you mean like in this picture? The cloud which is warmer than the surrounding air quits rising and then spreads out staying in our atmosphere (the troposphere).
It looks like you got this one right gasgussler.
It's known by people like yourself that the sudden temperature drop is what marks the floor of the tropopause. You were just having some fun with Duncan, right?


p.s., where the top of the anvil cloud is not uniform it is because that is the thermal
(warm air, water vapor) that is rising.
Attached image:


Edited on 27-07-2022 16:00
27-07-2022 19:26
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(18983)
James_ wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
Dorothy wrote:
Yes, air tends to rise when heated, but what's your point?


Yes, as long as there is cooler air above, it will rise. If there is cooler air adjacent, well then we have some horizontal heat.

His point is that he is frantically pivoting in hopes of avoiding a hot fry pan on the head in a desperate last ditch effort to prove IBdaMann wrong.

@Duncan....please please PLEASE have a camera rolling when you prove that heat only goes up!



So now you're saying that heat can be trapped by the atmosphere.

You cannot trap heat.
James_ wrote:
Do you mean like in this picture? The cloud which is warmer than the surrounding air quits rising and then spreads out staying in our atmosphere (the troposphere).

A cloud is not heat.
James_ wrote:
It looks like you got this one right gasgussler.
It's known by people like yourself that the sudden temperature drop is what marks the floor of the tropopause.

There is no sudden temperature drop.
James_ wrote:
You were just having some fun with Duncan, right?


p.s., where the top of the anvil cloud is not uniform it is because that is the thermal
(warm air, water vapor) that is rising.

The top of this cloud is ice.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
27-07-2022 19:53
Dorothy
☆☆☆☆☆
(9)
Saying that air has a tendency to rise when heated is different than saying, as a rule, it will always rise when heated. A still tethered hot air balloon is an example of an exception - heat the air inside and the tethers/balloon skin prevent the air from rising.

The top of the anvil cloud marks the floor of the stratosphere and the ceiling of the troposphere, a boundary called the tropopause. This is where air temperature stops cooling with altitude and, thank to relatively abundant ozone in the stratosphere, begins to warm with altitude instead.
27-07-2022 20:29
James_
★★★★☆
(1047)
The tropopause separates the troposphere from the stratosphere. Atmospheric gasses can mix between the 2 layers of the atmosphere because the jet stream allows such a change of gasses when the altitude of the tropopause changes.
An example is; https://climate-cycling.com/?page_id=31
27-07-2022 23:40
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(12231)
James_ wrote:The tropopause separates the troposphere from the stratosphere.

... yet the two layers remain in constant contact. It's like Asian philosophy, i.e. seemingly contradictory but oh, so wise.

James_ wrote:Atmospheric gasses can mix between the 2 layers of the atmosphere because the jet stream allows such a change of gasses ...

There is no mixing between the layers because there is no room. The two layers are always in contact. Mixing either occurs in the troposphere or in the stratosphere, or even in the Arizona Biosphere.

The correct spelling is "gases." The word "gasses" is a verb and is what PETA does to the animals it "rescues."

... but yes, the Norwegian Jet Stream allows for the mixing of gases. Only the NJS is warm and compassionate enough to permit the free mingling of all gases, irrespective of what is listed on its "origin" data tag.

James_ wrote: ... when the altitude of the tropopause changes.

I remember Chicken Little screaming to whoever would listen when the troposphere was falling. It caused quite an impact crater.


.
28-07-2022 00:40
James_
★★★★☆
(1047)
IBdaMann wrote:
James_ wrote:The tropopause separates the troposphere from the stratosphere.

... yet the two layers remain in constant contact. It's like Asian philosophy, i.e. seemingly contradictory but oh, so wise.

James_ wrote:Atmospheric gasses can mix between the 2 layers of the atmosphere because the jet stream allows such a change of gasses ...

There is no mixing between the layers because there is no room. The two layers are always in contact. Mixing either occurs in the troposphere or in the stratosphere, or even in the Arizona Biosphere.

The correct spelling is "gases." The word "gasses" is a verb and is what PETA does to the animals it "rescues."

... but yes, the Norwegian Jet Stream allows for the mixing of gases. Only the NJS is warm and compassionate enough to permit the free mingling of all gases, irrespective of what is listed on its "origin" data tag.

James_ wrote: ... when the altitude of the tropopause changes.

I remember Chicken Little screaming to whoever would listen when the troposphere was falling. It caused quite an impact crater.


.



I like the way that GazGuzzler proved that heat can be trapped in the troposphere. He verified that we live in a "greenhouse". If the tropopause wasn't a barrier between the stratosphere and the troposphere then there would be gasses like ozone and ODSs in the tropopause but there aren't. Yep, GazGuzzler is one smart dude.

But warm air (ie., clouds) can't rise up into it violating the laws of thermal dynamics.
Page 12 of 16<<<1011121314>>>





Join the debate NET THERMAL RADIATION : You in a room as a reference.:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Net Metering710-12-2020 14:37
https://www.waclimate.net/perth-sea-levels.html627-11-2020 01:24
Confirmed: Convection is a Factor in Thermal Energy Flow728-06-2020 04:12
thermal radiation and EM radiation901-03-2020 23:36
Max Planck and Pierre Prevost on Net Thermal Radiation and Net Heat3227-09-2019 02:43
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact