Remember me
▼ Content

NET THERMAL RADIATION : You in a room as a reference.



Page 10 of 16<<<89101112>>>
10-07-2022 10:53
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19283)
duncan61 wrote:
Hi Sugondeez. Welcome to the forum.I see you have met IBDm and ITN.I will open with my personal Faith first.I first became interested in the climate debate in April of 2019 when a young hippie chick stated there's too much CO2 and its making the planet hot and its all bad man.I said is it and then have studied this claim ever since.I have been attacked by IBDm and ITN similar to what has just happened to you even though I have said I was here to learn more.I have left once because it was starting to affect my real life however I have failed to find a similar forum that was not pay for or stopped in 2016.Here is what I believe to be true at this point in time
.CO2 levels have gone up since the first measure at Mauna Loa in the mid 50s

It is not possible to measure the global atmospheric CO2 content. Mauna Loa data is biased. It is not usable.
duncan61 wrote:
I have owned a CO2 meter for a while and it fluctuates from 380ppm-420ppm and lately is showing a downward trend. On a stormy day it does not go over 250pp.
.my measurement dont count.I can see Perth city to the South and if it is a Southerly wind the readings are higher.

Your measurements don't count. They do not measure the global atmospheric CO2 content.
duncan61 wrote:
.I agree with many scientists I have watched that sure CO2 can radiate Infra red light or heat but its real affect on the atmosphere is minimal at best

Zero. No gas or vapor has the ability to warm the Earth at all.
duncan61 wrote:
I have done the greenhouse test myself with one at 3000 ppm for 30 minutes in the direct sun and recorded no increase in temperature.The mythbusters did it inside a warehouse with heatlamps and gained .7C increase but the CO2 concentration was calculated to 75000 ppm
.I am breathing out 7000-8000 ppm 24/7.The people who wish to lower the CO2 should stop breathing.I have solved 2 problems in one go.

The Mythbusters performed a well known parlor trick. Infrared heatlamps heat CO2. The part they leave out is the 2nd law of thermodynamics and the Stefan-Boltzmann law, as well as the effect of convection. The container warms more because heat is reduced.
duncan61 wrote:
.On topic Probes did go to Venus.probes are orbiting Venus now.More will be sent.There is data being collected.It is warmer than Earth.The atmosphere has more CO2.Like a lot more

No gas or vapor has the capability to warm any planet.
duncan61 wrote:
My take on IBDm and ITN
This is their world you as a puny human will not last long.

Lie.
duncan61 wrote:
Any information that may disprove their faith is assaulted and you will be called derogatory things for daring to think out the box till you give up and leave

LIF. You don't get to project YOUR problems on anybody else.
duncan61 wrote:
Examples
.Fossil fuel.Even though everyone uses this term you will be told that fossils do not burn insinuating that you are claiming long dead bones burn however I led them up the path a bit and referred to coal as old dead trees and animals to which I have been reliably informed no human knows where coal comes from.

Fossils aren't used as fuel. Fossils do not burn. Coal is not a fossil. Coal is carbon. It is not dead bones, animals, or plants. Carbon is a chemical element.
duncan61 wrote:
My wife said ask them where diamonds come from.

Another form of carbon.
duncan61 wrote:
I have seen coal and sometimes you can still see the wood grain in it and bits of leaves and stuff

Impurities are not coal.
duncan61 wrote:
to agree to this means its reasonable to call coal a fossil fuel

Coal is not a fossil. Coal is carbon.
duncan61 wrote:
but we cant have that now can we.

LIF. You can't project YOUR problems on anybody else, dude.
duncan61 wrote:
The USA election.

There was no election in 2020.
duncan61 wrote:
There was some dodgy stuff going on there like the appointed counters being ordered from the room and then coming back and there are thousands of Democrat votes.I do not agree with postal voting if you cant get your ass to the booth for 1 hour of your life you do not get to vote.Tell them you are a Democrat and love it.You will get some veins popping on that one.

Probably would.
duncan61 wrote:
I have plenty more but will finish with I have learned a lot from ITN and IBDm however I have a different interpretation of the laws of Physics

The laws of physics are not 'interpreted'. They simply are what they are. You don't get to change them by 'interpreting' them.
duncan61 wrote:
which are used a lot as a denial mechanism and proof that nothing can ever change.

Lie. Word stuffing.
duncan61 wrote:
The best short clip I have witnessed was from an scientist from some Eastern bloc country who has specialized in the affects of temperature at a molecular level for over 30 years.

Discard of the 0th law of thermodynamics.
duncan61 wrote:
In the beginning it appears that he is going to agree to the horror of AGW but he goes on to explain how complicated our chaotic weather systems are and shrugs and states we do not know because it is not possible to calculate.

This part is correct.
duncan61 wrote:
I agree it is not possible to measure the absolute average temperature of the planet and then to claim it is increasing .25.C decade.

Correct. It is not possible to either measure the temperature of the Earth or measure a change in the temperature of the Earth.
duncan61 wrote:
Using the same unreliable devices the warming would have appeared to of stopped for the last 10 years.

Paradox. Irrational. You cannot argue both sides of a paradox. It is not possible to measure the temperature of the Earth.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
10-07-2022 10:54
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19283)
duncan61 wrote:
What was the first probe on Venus?
Venera 7
On Dec. 15, 1970, Venera 7 was the first spacecraft to make a soft landing on Venus. The spacecraft transmitted information for 23 minutes on the surface before succumbing to the heat and pressure. Five years later, Venera 9 was the first to send back pictures from the surface.25 Mar 2019
.Is this a work of fiction?

No, but the temperature information transmitted back is coming from a failing instrument.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
Edited on 10-07-2022 10:55
10-07-2022 12:46
duncan61
★★★★★
(2003)
It would appear to have worked long enough to show its hot.Do you have an issue with Venus being hot as its atmosphere is mostly CO2 and that will be of concern to your faith.I do not care what the temperature of Venus is.I am not going there on spring break this year
10-07-2022 12:53
duncan61
★★★★★
(2003)
Did it fail because it is hot as F"£k?Why is it so much hotter than the Earth
10-07-2022 12:56
duncan61
★★★★★
(2003)
ITN wrote
It is not possible to measure the global atmospheric CO2 content. Mauna Loa data is biased. It is not usable.

Well I took a reading today and it is 375ppm.What measurement did you get with your CO2 meter?
I think I may be falling in love with you
10-07-2022 13:42
duncan61
★★★★★
(2003)
ITN I was just slating you off to my daughter who is 36 and she was taught at school that Venus is hotter than Mars because of its atmosphere even though its further from the sun.This is getting interesting
10-07-2022 19:14
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(12584)
duncan61 wrote:
ITN wroteIt is not possible to measure the global atmospheric CO2 content. Mauna Loa data is biased. It is not usable.
Well I took a reading today and it is 375ppm.

... and I imagine that your reading wasn't merely at one point on earth but at every point on the surface of the lithosphere, at every point and every altitude of the atmosphere and at every point at every depth of the ocean/hydrosphere, right?

Just out of curiosity, if we were to review your posts back when you got your CO2-meter, would we find you vexed about the wildly erratic nature of your readings from simply moving your position slightly or by making some small change within the area?

So yeah, you really showed Into the Night just how easy it is to measure the global atmospheric CO2 content. One has to get up pretty early in the morning to best you intellectually.

duncan61 wrote:[quote]What measurement did you get with your CO2 meter?

Man, that was a good one! You're really sticking it to him. Nobody's going to be able to deny your genius.

.
10-07-2022 19:28
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(12584)
duncan61 wrote:It would appear to have worked long enough to show its hot.

... because you were there to verify that after all the abuse endured by the equipment and the craft, all the sensors were still fully calibrated and not totally out of wack.

We should have just asked you first and spared ourselves the uncertainty.

As for me, I don't claim to be brilliant like you. I can only speculate that Venus is very hot due to its proximity to the sun and that it has an extremely high atmospheric pressure that produces a "pressure cooker" effect. I can't claim to have verified the calibration of Venus probe sensors nor can I claim to know what the average Venutian temperature is.

I have to turn to you for all that.

.
10-07-2022 20:04
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(12584)
Oh, by the way Sugondeez, while you're choosing your target margin of error, take a moment and enjoy some of the humor that this site has to offer. You might as well enjoy a good laugh from your visit to Climate-Debate.

You probably noticed a poster duncan61. He's the gullible one of the group. He never got any sort of education so he believes the WACKIEST crap he is told to believe. I encourage you to read his posts.

His purpose in life has become bash on people who believe that CO2 causes Global Warming. He finds it obvious that CO2 can't possibly be the cause ... because earth's own gravity is the cause! It really is too funny.

So a quick review of duncan61's posts will find him mocking people for believing in Global Warming, and then find him expressing the exact same beliefs with certainty ... except with gravity being the culprit.

You are probably wondering "where did he get this insane notion?" The answer is that he was ordered to believe it by a Pete Rogers, and duncan61 simply obeyed. Suddenly, gravity-caused Global Warming made "perfect sense" to duncan61. It all happened to be based on erroneously conflating verb tenses in the English grammar used to express the arguments, but duncan61 never learned any English grammar so the gibberish made "perfect sense" to him.

Then duncan61 became infuriated and embarrassed when he insisted that fossils are used commercially as fuel and was then asked for examples that he could not provide. Now he goes around preemptively discrediting anyone who might raise that embarrassing topic again.

Anyway, read his posts. They are comedy gold. If you think an education is expensive nowadays, you should try ignorance.
10-07-2022 20:11
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19283)
duncan61 wrote:
It would appear to have worked long enough to show its hot.Do you have an issue with Venus being hot as its atmosphere is mostly CO2 and that will be of concern to your faith.I do not care what the temperature of Venus is.I am not going there on spring break this year


CO2 does not make Venus hot.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
10-07-2022 20:13
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19283)
duncan61 wrote:
Did it fail because it is hot as F"£k?Why is it so much hotter than the Earth

Closer to the Sun.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
10-07-2022 20:14
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19283)
duncan61 wrote:
ITN I was just slating you off to my daughter who is 36 and she was taught at school that Venus is hotter than Mars because of its atmosphere even though its further from the sun.This is getting interesting

Venus is closer to the Sun.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
10-07-2022 21:58
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(12584)
Into the Night wrote:
duncan61 wrote:
ITN I was just slating you off to my daughter who is 36 and she was taught at school that Venus is hotter than Mars because of its atmosphere even though its further from the sun.This is getting interesting

Venus is closer to the Sun.

Duncan confused Mars with Mercury. They all look alike to him.
10-07-2022 23:02
duncan61
★★★★★
(2003)
Yes I have it wrong it was mercury I should have referred to.So no information on Venus is credible because I was not there.
10-07-2022 23:34
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(12584)
duncan61 wrote:Yes I have it wrong it was mercury I should have referred to.So no information on Venus is credible because I was not there.

Just as I would expect, you have the logic proficiency of a third-grader.

No amount of mocking others elevates your knowledge to omniscience.

So duncan, how can I use gravity to cook my steak to perfection?
10-07-2022 23:58
duncan61
★★★★★
(2003)
This is a climate debate so yes i am trying to catch you pair out as I think you are wrong.If the atmosphere changed composition other things would change.
11-07-2022 03:21
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(12584)
duncan61 wrote:This is a climate debate so yes i am trying to catch you pair out as I think you are wrong.

Of course you think we're wrong. We don't accept your WACKY dogma that gravity can, and does, cause temperatures to increase.

Despite my not having presented any affirmative argument, you nonetheless consider me to be "wrong" because I point out errors in your arguments ... and in your mind, anyone who does not consider your WACKY religious view to be TRUTH must himself be "wrong."

You're just another moron who thinks he's a genius. You never noticed that the only way you can mock me is to misrepresent what I wrote. Conversely, for me to mock you I have simply to repeat back what you wrote.

duncan, could the Olympic torch be made carbon neutral by lighting it with gravity? It's just an idea that I had.

duncan61 wrote:If the atmosphere changed composition other things would change.

Like I am oft to say, you have the logic proficiency of a third-grader. You are supposedly an adult yet you believe that "other things would change" somehow leads to the inescapable conclusion that gravity causes temperatures to increase.

Look, this is your stupid argument, not mine. So this is a great time for you to explain how I am somehow wrong and need to be called out.

The floor is yours.
11-07-2022 05:23
duncan61
★★★★★
(2003)
You claim humans know nothing about Venus.You are wrong
Your obsessed with gravity and I have explained it many times
Gravity stops the atmosphere drifting of and is denser at the surface
with no atmosphere it could possibly be hotter/cooler
Thats it brother the rest is in your mind
All the tests I have done like measuring sea levels,CO2 saturation at certain temperatures and the greenhouse experiment are my own work and have made no claim to a result.It is all to back up my discussion when I engage other people who have an interest
The way the global average temperature is calculated is wildly inaccurate.Scientists go looking for anomalies and if you look you will find.I have no doubt whatsoever the planet is not in trouble from the weather people need to look out the window more often.I find this topic interesting thats it and your mind set fascinates me.Nothing is real because you said so.Where do you get this stuff
11-07-2022 07:24
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(12584)
duncan61 wrote:You claim humans know nothing about Venus.[/quote
Like I said, your only commentary involves you totally misrepresenting my position. I never said anything of the sort. It was tmiddles, I believe, who ordered you to regurgitate that and you obviously OBEYED. It's not like you can just read my own words and get my position correct because your English reading comprehension sucks to the point that you need the meanings of words explained to you. You think Pete Rogers' complete conflation of verb tenses "makes perfect sense."

[quote]duncan61 wrote:You are wrong

You are a moron and I am correct about that.

duncan61 wrote: Your obsessed with gravity and I have explained it many times

And it's worth a laugh every time you explain it. Feel free to explain it again. It won't make any sense this time either.

duncan61 wrote:Gravity stops the atmosphere drifting of and is denser at the surface

You have the logic of a third grader. In your convoluted mind, "Gravity stops the atmosphere drifting off" somehow leads to the inescapable conclusion that "gravity causes an increase in temperature." You don't see how stupid that is? Of course you don't; you're not very swift on the uptake.

duncan61 wrote:with no atmosphere it could possibly be hotter/cooler

What is "it" in your sentence here?

duncan61 wrote:Scientists go looking for anomalies

You think so? Why do you think this?

duncan61 wrote: and if you look you will find.

So, humanity has your guarantee on this? Woo-hoo, time for a global celebration.

duncan61 wrote:The way the global average temperature is calculated is wildly inaccurate.

This statement presumes that the global average temperature is somehow being calculated.

You are gullible. Nobody is calculating the average global temperature to any usable accuracy, which means that it isn't being calculated.


duncan, can items in free-fall utilize their zero gravity for refrigeration?
11-07-2022 13:20
duncan61
★★★★★
(2003)
IBDm wrote
This statement presumes that the global average temperature is somehow being calculated.

You are gullible. Nobody is calculating the average global temperature to any usable accuracy, which means that it isn't being calculated.

University East Anglia has had people doing it for 50 years and 4 other places in the states like Goddard pour over all the collected data and try to work The global temperature.GISS are always a lot hotter than the conservative British but it is all still guesswork in the end so again you are wrong.At least 5 institutions I know of are working on this.You are aware of this just stubbornly refuse to accept anything that does not conform to your inner space.I do not concur with the results that are posted but there are scientist working on it which you are claiming is not happening
Edited on 11-07-2022 13:23
11-07-2022 14:09
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(12584)
duncan61 wrote:University East Anglia has had people doing it for 50 years.

Nope. They have not. They simply told you to believe that they have and you gullibly believe all that you are told to believe.

duncan61 wrote:The global temperature.GISS are always a lot hotter than the conservative British

If you were ever wondering why you have never seen this "The Data" it's because there isn't any. Gullible people like you OBEY what they are told to believe without ever insisting on scrutinizing "The Data" and jump right to regurgitating the faith as "what we know.".

When your gullibility is highlighted, you begin assigning bogus positions to others. You refer to rational adults who are not gullible as " stubborn."

You're a moron ... who confuses his gullibility for genius and wisdom.


duncan, how do you think I could devise gravity-powered hand-warmers? I bet those would be big sellers.

.
11-07-2022 18:07
duncan61
★★★★★
(2003)
I have seen the documentary where all the young people are around a large white table sorting all the readings into the times and months and trying to sort all the data out.They will make the claim it is the hottest year ever but if you ask how much it will be 0.014 or something ridiculous small
11-07-2022 19:19
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19283)
duncan61 wrote:
Yes I have it wrong it was mercury I should have referred to.So no information on Venus is credible because I was not there.

The temperature of Venus is unknown.
The temperature of Mercury is unknown.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
11-07-2022 19:20
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19283)
duncan61 wrote:
This is a climate debate so yes i am trying to catch you pair out as I think you are wrong.If the atmosphere changed composition other things would change.

......such as?

No, no gas or vapor is capable of creating energy out of nothing, dude.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
11-07-2022 19:26
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19283)
duncan61 wrote:
You claim humans know nothing about Venus.You are wrong

The temperature of Venus is unknown.
duncan61 wrote:
Your obsessed with gravity and I have explained it many times
Gravity stops the atmosphere drifting of and is denser at the surface
with no atmosphere it could possibly be hotter/cooler

No gas or vapor has the capability to create energy out of nothing. See the 0th and 1st law of thermodynamics.
duncan61 wrote:
Thats it brother the rest is in your mind

LIF. You cannot project YOUR problems on IBD or anybody else.
duncan61 wrote:
All the tests I have done like measuring sea levels,

You have not measured global sea level. It is not possible to measure global sea level.
duncan61 wrote:
CO2 saturation at certain temperatures

You have not measured CO2 saturation at any temperature.
duncan61 wrote:
and the greenhouse experiment

What 'greenhouse' experiment?
duncan61 wrote:
are my own work and have made no claim to a result.

You are claim results now, dumbass.
duncan61 wrote:
It is all to back up my discussion when I engage other people who have an interest
The way the global average temperature is calculated is wildly inaccurate.

It is not possible to calculate global average temperature. It is not possible to measure the global temperature.
duncan61 wrote:
Scientists go looking for anomalies and if you look you will find.

Void argument fallacy. Cliche fallacy.
duncan61 wrote:
I have no doubt whatsoever the planet is not in trouble from the weather people need to look out the window more often.I find this topic interesting thats it and your mind set fascinates me.Nothing is real because you said so.

Word stuffing. IBD never said nothing is real.
duncan61 wrote:
Where do you get this stuff

You.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
11-07-2022 19:40
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19283)
Repairing quoting damage...
duncan61 wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
This statement presumes that the global average temperature is somehow being calculated.

You are gullible. Nobody is calculating the average global temperature to any usable accuracy, which means that it isn't being calculated.

University East Anglia has had people doing it for 50 years and 4 other places in the states like Goddard pour over all the collected data and try to work The global temperature.

Lie. It is not possible to calculate global temperature. It is not possible to measure the global temperature. Illiteracy: 'the' is never capitalized unless it is the first word in a sentence. Geographic illiteracy: Goddard is not a state.

There is no collected data.

duncan61 wrote:
GISS are always a lot hotter

Satellites are incapable of measuring temperature of anything but their own internal circuitry. See the Stefan-Boltzmann law. It is not possible to measure the emissivity of Earth.
duncan61 wrote:
than the conservative British but it is all still guesswork in the end so again you are wrong.

The British cannot measure the temperature of the Earth either.

Logic errors: Paradox. You cannot agree with someone and disagree with someone at the same time.
duncan61 wrote:
At least 5 institutions I know of are working on this.

Working on what? It is not possible to measure or calculate the temperature of the Earth.
duncan61 wrote:
You are aware of this just stubbornly refuse to accept anything that does not conform to your inner space.

Illiteracy errors: missing required comma.
Logic errors: word stuffing. Cliche fallacy. Attempted proof by assignment.
duncan61 wrote:
I do not concur with the results that are posted

What results? Attempted proof by void. Argument from randU fallacy.
duncan61 wrote:
but there are scientist working on it

Science is not making up random numbers and using them as data.
duncan61 wrote:
which you are claiming is not happening

He is correct. No one is calculating the temperature of Earth. That is not possible. No one is measuring the temperature of the Earth. That is not possible.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
11-07-2022 19:43
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19283)
duncan61 wrote:
I have seen the documentary where all the young people are around a large white table sorting all the readings into the times and months and trying to sort all the data out.They will make the claim it is the hottest year ever but if you ask how much it will be 0.014 or something ridiculous small


I have seen the documentary on people reading crystal balls, palms, tea leaves left in the dregs of a cup of tea, etc.; and claiming they can tell the future too.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
12-07-2022 05:14
duncan61
★★★★★
(2003)
ITN are you denying the existence of the climate research unit at East Anglia?
12-07-2022 05:51
duncan61
★★★★★
(2003)
NCAR The National Center for Atmospheric Research
GISS Goddard Institute for Space Studies.
Scripps Institution of Oceanography
Climate Research Division (CRD)
Physical Oceanography Research Division (PORD)
USGS the United States Geological Survey.
EPA the United States Environmental Protection Agency, Global Change Research Program.
Centre for Climate and Global Change Research at McGill University, Montreal.
The Oceanography Society, including a set of oceangraphic discussion groups similar to what OMNET used to offer.
The Deutsches Klimarechenzentrum is a supercomputing centre for climate research and is charged with providing the German climate research community with computational, archival and post processing resources.
ORNL Center for Energy and Environmental Analysis.
A home page for NASA's current ocean color from space mission called SeaWiFS. Project-related imagery (still and movie loops), technical reports, mission announcements are accessible.
NOAA's Centers
National Climatic Data Center (NCDC)
National Geophysical Data Center (NGDC)
National Oceongraphic Data Center (NODC)
Climate Prediction Center
Geosciences Laboratory
DAL The Dept. of Oceanography at Dalhousie
PIK Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research
WHOI, the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
SOC Southampton Oceanography Centre
Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science
COLA/IGES, the Center for Ocean-Land-Atmosphere Studies
BADC British Atmospheric Data Centre
Center for Sea and Atmosphere Research of Argentina (CIMA)
The Program for Climate Model Diagnosis and Intercomparison (PCMDI)
12-07-2022 05:53
duncan61
★★★★★
(2003)
I agree the numbers are being fudged but there are people looking in to it
12-07-2022 06:30
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(12584)
duncan61 wrote:I agree the numbers are being fudged but there are people looking in to it

Fair enough. My point is that it is not accurate to say, or imply, that the temperature of the earth is being measured/calculated. Nobody is making any such attempt.

Any pretense of knowing the temperature of the earth is dishonestly aimed at "proving" that the earth's temperature is changing. It is not possible to show any change of temperature without having two known temperatures and subtracting one value from the other to get the difference.

This is why all the warizombies post charts and graphics in which one of the axes is "anomalies," not "temperature." It's because they don't know any temperatures and they are trying to disguise that fact. Of course they talk about their "The Data" as though the axis reads "temperature" but the moment anyone points out that it doesn't read "temperature" and that it's the "anomaly" that is apparently increasing, the warmizombies quickly respond with "Well, scientists use 'anomaly' because they are scientists." If anyone explains that scientists take the difference between known values, the warmizombies pivot again and say that that's how NASA scientists speak. When it is pointed out that NASA only has government bureaucrats who manage government programs (spend $$) and that the scientists and engineers all work for the contracting firms hired by NASA, the warmizombies pivot again and point to the director of NASA who has a degree in some field of science ... as if he alone is single-handedly building all the launch vehicles.

My recommendation to you is to avoid using the term "anomaly." It makes you appear to be a warmizombie.

.
12-07-2022 07:05
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2548)
IBdaMann wrote:
So a quick review of duncan61's posts will find him mocking people for believing in Global Warming, and then find him expressing the exact same beliefs with certainty ... except with gravity being the culprit.

Not so fast there IBdaMann. I ran across this little gem while I was learning how NOAA is wasting our money.

Gravity Recovery and Climate Experiment (GRACE)
NASA satellites that detect small changes in the Earth's gravitational field
caused by the redistribution of water on and beneath the land surface.

Now if gravity suddenly increases, and you know exactly when and where it's going to happen, that compression of the atmosphere is enough to sizzle a steak.

Pick up Sven and head to my place for Gravity Recovery ribeyes!


Studies show that if you force several tubs of peanut butter down the throats of newborns, in some cases it could potentially be toxic. In cities where infant-PB-stuffing is more common, infant deaths increased by over 47% with corresponding increases in dead-infant obesity.. -IBdaMann
12-07-2022 07:05
duncan61
★★★★★
(2003)
I concur.A recent trip to Antarctica had scientist drill a hole 700 metres deep where the ice meets the land and measure the sea temperature and the horror.It was plus 2.C problem is it was the first time this has ever been done.What should it be?If it was 0 it would be starting to freeze
12-07-2022 18:09
IBdaMannProfile picture★★★★★
(12584)
GasGuzzler wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
So a quick review of duncan61's posts will find him mocking people for believing in Global Warming, and then find him expressing the exact same beliefs with certainty ... except with gravity being the culprit.

Not so fast there IBdaMann. I ran across this little gem while I was learning how NOAA is wasting our money.

Gravity Recovery and Climate Experiment (GRACE)
NASA satellites that detect small changes in the Earth's gravitational field
caused by the redistribution of water on and beneath the land surface.

Now if gravity suddenly increases, and you know exactly when and where it's going to happen, that compression of the atmosphere is enough to sizzle a steak.

Pick up Sven and head to my place for Gravity Recovery ribeyes!

GasGuzzler, you bring up a good point. This GRACE project is FASCINATING.

Gravity Recovery and Climate Experiment: The accurate maps of time-variable gravity inferred from the GRACE observations have revolutionized the ability to monitor mass variability caused by a variety of geophysical processes, leading to important discoveries that span the Earth sciences. Sources of mass variability measured by GRACE include: changes due to surface and deep currents in the ocean; runoff and ground water storage on land masses; exchanges between ice sheets or glaciers and the ocean; and solid Earth mass changes from earthquakes and glacial isostatic adjustment.

So duncan, I have to ask, can't we utilize all of this gravity variability just as we would AC current and build gravity step-up transformers to outsource all human activity to the earth?
12-07-2022 23:11
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19283)
duncan61 wrote:
ITN are you denying the existence of the climate research unit at East Anglia?

No. I am denying climate needs any research or that they are even discussing climate or weather or global temperature. It is the name of a faction preaching 'global warming'. Like the others, they are making up random numbers out of their head to 'prove' their religion.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
12-07-2022 23:14
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19283)
duncan61 wrote:
NCAR The National Center for Atmospheric Research
GISS Goddard Institute for Space Studies.
Scripps Institution of Oceanography
Climate Research Division (CRD)
Physical Oceanography Research Division (PORD)
USGS the United States Geological Survey.
EPA the United States Environmental Protection Agency, Global Change Research Program.
Centre for Climate and Global Change Research at McGill University, Montreal.
The Oceanography Society, including a set of oceangraphic discussion groups similar to what OMNET used to offer.
The Deutsches Klimarechenzentrum is a supercomputing centre for climate research and is charged with providing the German climate research community with computational, archival and post processing resources.
ORNL Center for Energy and Environmental Analysis.
A home page for NASA's current ocean color from space mission called SeaWiFS. Project-related imagery (still and movie loops), technical reports, mission announcements are accessible.
NOAA's Centers
National Climatic Data Center (NCDC)
National Geophysical Data Center (NGDC)
National Oceongraphic Data Center (NODC)
Climate Prediction Center
Geosciences Laboratory
DAL The Dept. of Oceanography at Dalhousie
PIK Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research
WHOI, the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
SOC Southampton Oceanography Centre
Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science
COLA/IGES, the Center for Ocean-Land-Atmosphere Studies
BADC British Atmospheric Data Centre
Center for Sea and Atmosphere Research of Argentina (CIMA)
The Program for Climate Model Diagnosis and Intercomparison (PCMDI)


NONE of them are capable of measuring the temperature of the Earth.
NONE of them are capable of measuring the global concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere.
NONE of them are capable of measuring global sea level.
NONE of them are capable of measuring the global pH.
NONE of them are capable of measuring global precipitation.

You don't get it, do you? It is not possible to measure ANY of these values.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
12-07-2022 23:15
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19283)
duncan61 wrote:
I agree the numbers are being fudged but there are people looking in to it

There is NOTHING TO FUDGE. There is NO data.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
12-07-2022 23:18
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19283)
GasGuzzler wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
So a quick review of duncan61's posts will find him mocking people for believing in Global Warming, and then find him expressing the exact same beliefs with certainty ... except with gravity being the culprit.

Not so fast there IBdaMann. I ran across this little gem while I was learning how NOAA is wasting our money.

Gravity Recovery and Climate Experiment (GRACE)
NASA satellites that detect small changes in the Earth's gravitational field
caused by the redistribution of water on and beneath the land surface.

Now if gravity suddenly increases, and you know exactly when and where it's going to happen, that compression of the atmosphere is enough to sizzle a steak.

Pick up Sven and head to my place for Gravity Recovery ribeyes!

Wups. No way to increase gravity by redistributing mass. You have to have additional mass from somewhere.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
12-07-2022 23:21
Into the NightProfile picture★★★★★
(19283)
duncan61 wrote:
I concur.A recent trip to Antarctica had scientist drill a hole 700 metres deep where the ice meets the land and measure the sea temperature and the horror.It was plus 2.C problem is it was the first time this has ever been done.What should it be?If it was 0 it would be starting to freeze

Ocean water does not freeze at zero deg C. If freezes around -2 deg C.
The temperature of ocean water is not uniform.


The Parrot Killer

Debunked in my sig. - tmiddles

Google keeps track of paranoid talk and i'm not on their list. I've been evaluated and certified. - keepit

nuclear powered ships do not require nuclear fuel. - Swan

While it is true that fossils do not burn it is also true that fossil fuels burn very well - Swan
13-07-2022 01:47
GasGuzzler
★★★★★
(2548)
Into the Night wrote:
GasGuzzler wrote:
IBdaMann wrote:
So a quick review of duncan61's posts will find him mocking people for believing in Global Warming, and then find him expressing the exact same beliefs with certainty ... except with gravity being the culprit.

Not so fast there IBdaMann. I ran across this little gem while I was learning how NOAA is wasting our money.

Gravity Recovery and Climate Experiment (GRACE)
NASA satellites that detect small changes in the Earth's gravitational field
caused by the redistribution of water on and beneath the land surface.

Now if gravity suddenly increases, and you know exactly when and where it's going to happen, that compression of the atmosphere is enough to sizzle a steak.

Pick up Sven and head to my place for Gravity Recovery ribeyes!

Wups. No way to increase gravity by redistributing mass. You have to have additional mass from somewhere.


Damnit. No matter what I try, I can't seem to harness that "gravity energy".

Propane it is.


Studies show that if you force several tubs of peanut butter down the throats of newborns, in some cases it could potentially be toxic. In cities where infant-PB-stuffing is more common, infant deaths increased by over 47% with corresponding increases in dead-infant obesity.. -IBdaMann
Page 10 of 16<<<89101112>>>





Join the debate NET THERMAL RADIATION : You in a room as a reference.:

Remember me

Related content
ThreadsRepliesLast post
Net Metering710-12-2020 14:37
https://www.waclimate.net/perth-sea-levels.html627-11-2020 01:24
Confirmed: Convection is a Factor in Thermal Energy Flow728-06-2020 04:12
thermal radiation and EM radiation901-03-2020 23:36
Max Planck and Pierre Prevost on Net Thermal Radiation and Net Heat3227-09-2019 02:43
▲ Top of page
Public Poll
Who is leading the renewable energy race?

US

EU

China

Japan

India

Brazil

Other

Don't know


Thanks for supporting Climate-Debate.com.
Copyright © 2009-2020 Climate-Debate.com | About | Contact